check number > 10000

I have a checking account where my check numbers recently went over the 10000
mark and my credit union told me that the OFX format only goes up to 9999 so
they start over at check number 1. I find it hard to believe that this could
really be true. Anyone else run into this and have a better solution? Would
another bank not have this issue? I use Money 2004 and it allows me to enter
check numbers over 10000, but when I download my transactions from my Credit
union it knows enough to match the check up correctly (IE: Credit union check
number 10 match my entry of 10010) but when I accept the transaction it
overwrites my check number entry with the one that was downloaded.
--
Theo Miller
0

From the OFX 2.02 specs (http://www.ofx.net), it appears to me that Check
Numbers (chknum) is set for 12 alpha-numeric characters (A-12)

It may be that your credit union is using an older version of OFX, but I
wouldn't think that this would have been one of the features changes (i.e.
it's probably always been A-12 for chknum).

-Mark

"Theo" <Theo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a checking account where my check numbers recently went over the
10000
> mark and my credit union told me that the OFX format only goes up to 9999
so
> they start over at check number 1. I find it hard to believe that this
could
> really be true. Anyone else run into this and have a better solution?
Would
> another bank not have this issue? I use Money 2004 and it allows me to
enter
> check numbers over 10000, but when I download my transactions from my
Credit
> union it knows enough to match the check up correctly (IE: Credit union
check
> number 10 match my entry of 10010) but when I accept the transaction it
> overwrites my check number entry with the one that was downloaded.
> --
> Theo Miller

0
abcd7779 (838)
4/4/2005 7:32:46 PM
In OFC specs (older than OFX) :

"CHKNUMs should be included for check transactions. Money uses CHKNUMs to
match downloaded transactions with those entered in the Account Register.
Money allows CHKNUMs to be up to 8 characters."

AFer92

"Mark" <abcd@abcd.com> a �crit dans le message de news:
42519661$1@news.microsoft.com...
> From the OFX 2.02 specs (http://www.ofx.net), it appears to me that Check
> Numbers (chknum) is set for 12 alpha-numeric characters (A-12)
>
> It may be that your credit union is using an older version of OFX, but I
> wouldn't think that this would have been one of the features changes (i.e.
> it's probably always been A-12 for chknum).
>
> -Mark
>
> "Theo" <Theo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
afer92 (17)

numbering filtered rows
If I put = Row() in a column of cells I get the row number. Now, suppose I filter the data. I want to show the sequence row number of the filtered data so that it shows 1,2,3,4,5 etc regardless of the actual row number. For example, I amy have "Joe Smith" on row #45 but when I filter on a particular parameter, "Joe Smith" may be on row 2 of the filtered data. That row is what I need to show. How can I do that? Is it possible without numbering by hand? Glen If you can find a column that always has data in it (like that name column), you could use: in A2 (with headers...

Check out important pack
--cyjdgvpo Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="wsqvditv"; type="multipart/alternative" --wsqvditv Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="udrxxlvuulgbnk" --udrxxlvuulgbnk Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain the securi...

This rule could not be created. Check your folder permissions.
I get this error message when I try to set up a "RULE" so that junk senders' messages automatically get sent to the Junk or Junk-Email folder. "This rule could not be created. Check your folder permissions." Can anyone offer a solution? Thank you ...

Office 2004
I have recently moved to Venezuela. After six months of waiting for our container, it arrived and due to how transport was, I have had to reformat drives and install everything fresh. I cannot find our serial numbers anywhere. I originally bought a five pack regular...not educational version. Can anybody tell me how to remedy this situation? Thanks! This site is run by volunteers who share their knowledge for mutual benefit -- not by Microsoft. None of the "regulars" has had any experience like yours as far as I know. So you'd best contact Microsoft for advice. Maybe it would h...

Presentation of large numbers on a grapg axis
I would like to present large numbers on an graph axis , but not in the formal engineering format - like , let say i have the number 1300 the usual engineering presentation is = 1.3E+3 I woulkd like it to be 1.3 * 10 3 and the 3 in uppercase - like in WORD. Any idea? -- gonzo Hi, Use a custom number format. 0.0,"*10³" to get the superscript 3 use ALT+0179 (use numeric keypad to type 0179) Cheers Andy gonzo wrote: > I would like to present large numbers on an graph axis , but not in the > formal engineering format - like , let say i have the number 1300 > th...

Find a number in Excel file using search
I am trying to do a Windows search to find an Excel file containing a specific number. I have looked everywhere...no luck. I did the File Search option within Excel...no luck. There has to be a way to do this...any ideas? Thanks. Are you sure said "specific number" actually exists? A lot of time cell formatting shows a "view" of a number not the actual number. deeds wrote: > I am trying to do a Windows search to find an Excel file containing a > specific number. I have looked everywhere...no luck. I did the File Search > option within Exce...

Reading only Certain Numbers from Scanner
Access 2003 There are pre-made barcodes on the books that I am scanning. The codes have a 10 digit number that sometimes starts with a 0. I really only need the first 9 numbers as the 10th number is a test type field and is not included as the sequence number. Example.. BookNumber-Test Scan Reads 065160982-6 651609826 065160983-4 651609834 065160984-1 651609841 134987461-8 1349874618 134987462-4 1349874624 134987463-9 1349874639 The test version throws off the scan of the book sequence. I store each book in...

How can I get the number of a printed page for use in a cell?
How can I get the number for a printed page for use in a cell? I want to make a table of contents that has the page number that the first page of each sheet when it is printed. The number of pages for each sheet varies depending on the page length used, so I don't see how to get the page numbers unless do a Print Preview, look at the page numbers in the print footers, and then edit the table of contents page. Is there a function to get the page that a cell prints on in the print preview? This would allow me to do a Print Preview and have the page number be inserted on each reference pa...

help with auto numbering
trying to find out how to have a invoicing template open with a new consecutive number each time it is used? -- aecon See http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/sequentialnums.html In article <aecon.1xmc5n@news.officefrustration.com>, aecon <aecon.1xmc5n@news.officefrustration.com> wrote: > trying to find out how to have a invoicing template open with a new > consecutive number each time it is used? ...

Money 2002 check printing
I am using ms money2002 and when I print a check the only thing printed is the name of the payee, date, amt. of check and written amt. of check. No payor header or signature line. ANy Help!!! Are you using blank checks in your printer? The Print Checks functionality only works if you have special checks for your printer, which you typically have to purchase separately. "pinhighcustomgolf" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ca1d01c4225d$28a3e8b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am using ms money2002 and when I print a check the only > thing printed i...

Phone number formats
I just got an address list with phone numbers in different formats: (000) 000-0000 and 000-000-0000. I want to convert them all to one format. The format cells way does not seem to work and the search in this archive hasn't yielded any solutions. Can you take an existing list like this and convert it to a standard format? Thanks ahead for your help. Bill It's probably text, use edit>replace and replace - with nothing and then do it again and replace the parenthises with nothing, then use the special phone format or just replace the right parenthesis with - and the left ...

Show tooltip when checkbox gets checked
Hi, I would like to use a tooltip in a way it was not designed for. When an end user clicks a certain checkbox in a dialog he shall see a warning "Are you sure...?". I'd prefer not using an anoying MessageBox but rather would do it by a tooltip. The tooltip should display immediately and at the checkbox position (even if it was checked by the keyboard). Can this be done easily? I tried to figure it out, but had no luck. Searching NGs didn't help me either. TIA On 2 Apr 2004 06:37:47 -0800, uwe.kotyczka@web.de (Uwe Kotyczka) wrote: >Hi, > >I would like to use a ...

VBA to add sheet; with name; after checking first
XL 2003 & 97 Almost have it. (I think) My "If Not" syntax below is incorrect. The middle line works fine. If Not Sheets.Name("New") Then Sheets.Add.Name = "New" End If The code is to 1) check the workbook for a sheet name first 2) If the sheet does not exist then add a sheet 3) Name the sheet "New" Is there a better way? TIA Dennis Chip Pearson posted a nice function that you can use (especially nice if you have to this lots of places in your code): Option Explicit Sub testme() If WorksheetExists("New", ActiveWorkbook) Then ...

How do I sort hexidecimal numbers in an excel spreadsheet?
When I attempt to sort hex numbers in a spreadsheet I get incorrect results. The cells are formatted as text (else the leading 0 would be dropped). I would like sort results to run from 0000 - ffff. any ideas? First run a sort. Then create a second sorting column and stick an X where it is numbers and leave it blank when you have letters. Or vice versa. I think you have some cells stored as a number. Force them to text. Run a sort and choose "Sort numbers and numbers stored as text separately". "Jane Martin" wrote: > When I attempt to sort hex numbers in a...

Having trouble keeping step numbers on same page as screen shots
I am writing some software documentation and using screen captures to illustrate the steps I'm explaining. Often the page wrapping frustrates me in Word and I can't seem to figure out how to fix it. For example, I'll have something sort of like this. 1. Click this button. 2. Select this option. <Screen capture (PNG, JPG, etc.) goes here> 3. Click OK. There's plenty of room for Step 3 on the page, but for some reason, Word wraps it to the next page. Or it wraps the graphic to the next page, when there's plenty of room for it to stay on the page w...

numbers & decimals
In Excel spreadsheet 2007, I have a column I want to enter figures like these: 5.00 4.90 5.25 etc. I enter the figure, leave the cell and it goes to 0 or to 500, or to4.9. I can't keep in there what I want. Select the cells required and on the Home ribbon, click on the little arrow bottom right of Number block (about middle of ribbon), select number then set the number of decimal places to display. Regards, OssieMac "chas." wrote: > In Excel spreadsheet 2007, I have a column I want to enter figures like these: > > 5.00 > 4.90 > 5.25 > etc. > I ent...

comparing check box values to a table
Hi, Hope you can help, I have a worksheet with five check buttons on it Depending on the combination of buttons selected I want to select value for use elsewhere in the sheet. I've built a table with five columns which has every possible logica combination but don't know how to get my check button link cells t look at the table. compare them and select the result. I've attached the file thanks to anyone who helps Mar -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Mark, A suggestion. If checkbox 1 is clicked, add/subtract 1 from a global variable If checkbox 2 is clicke...

check box in list box
hi, I wanted to change the size of check box in my list box. For this, i derived a class from CCheckListBox. MSDN says i need to override OnGetCheckPostion(). When i do that i am getting run time error and the error is in PreDrawItem() of CCheckListBox. Can anyone point me to an example of overriding the method. Thanks Balaji On Mar 16, 7:05 am, balajichan...@gmail.com wrote: > hi, > I wanted to change the size of check box in my list box. > For this, i derived a class from CCheckListBox. > MSDN says i need to override OnGetCheckPostion(). When i do that i am > getting run ti...

How to check client version
Hi, Is there a way to check which version out the Outlook client the users a running without having to ask every single user? I have added the Rollup5 update to the database, so the users can download/update it manually, but I'm wondering if there is a way to find out how many of them has actually applied the RollUp. If it was stored in the database and synced back to the server it would be quite easy to find out, but I haven't been able to find such a field yet. -- Regards Steen Schl�ter Persson (DK) ...

Numbered list with sub-headings
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I am trying to use the outline number feature on Word 2008. I have used it many times before in order to have number sub-headings in my reports i.e. 1. Introduction. 1.1 Brief overview, however, since the most recent auto-update, I have been unable to get this function to work again. <br><br>Normally I would use the heading auto format for heading 1, 2 etc and then just press tab to change the numbering accordingly. That no longer works as it just moves the text and not the numbering. Also when I tab the text across prior ...

making a list of numbers.
Is there a way to automatically list numbers? For example I want to make a number list from 1-3000. If I enter 1 can Excel list the rest automatically? Enter 1 in the first cell, 2 in the second, select both cells, move the cursor to the bottom right of the cells until it changes to a black cross, and drag down (Or across) until complete. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "toddb123" <toddb123@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7432D72-637E-40F8-8E82-3160D54767A2@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to automatically list n...

How to check if a cell is colored?
I have an array, of which some cells are colored. I want to learn how to do following: 1. To sort by color 2. To bring all the colored content into another worksheet. I have tried using cell(info_txt, reference) function but to no avail. Thanks in Advance. Piyush. See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html for some techniques -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "prampuria" <prampuria@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1132598998.104706.194240@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > I have an array, of which some cells are co...

Custon Number Format
I would like to format a cell so that the number, for example 135,000,000 would appear as 135.0M. Is there a way to do this? Thank you -- Allan Try #,##0.0,,\M Note the two commas after the second 0. Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP 1998 - 2010 Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com [email on web site] On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 07:09:01 -0800, Flipper <Flipper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to format a cell so that the number, for example 135,000,000 >would appear as 135.0M. > >Is there a way to do this? &g...

Update one workbook based on another workbook from a part number?
Hello, I have a Excel workbook call "Parts Catalog" that shows the following example: Description Part# Amount Book 1458 23.00 Pen 3459 125.00 Note Pad 8943 35.00 I have another Excel workbook that will contain amounts that have changed, the description and part# will be the same. This workbook is call "Updates". Since there is about over 500 rows and not all the rows will need to be updated. I manually update the "Parts Catalog" per week about 30 to 35 items. Is ...

Sorting for Specific words/ numbers from list
Hi Folks; I am trying to figure out a way to sort some information from data tha appears in a worksheet via an import. The import works like straightforward paste function from another program (in this case Quickbooks). The information pastes the same every time, i.e. dat appears in the same columns every time. These columns have a name in column (ex. A1)and a monetary value in another column (ex. D1). Wha I'm having to try and do is make a formula that will sort similar name and sum up the monetary values that match up with them. The "simila names" are actually numeric codes...