Changing vat rate calculation in Money 2006

I have enabled VAT calculations on my transactions in my accounts and the tax
rate has changed but I can't find a way to change it in Money 2006.  This is
a database that has been upgraded over many versions and I'm sure I've
changed this before in another version.  I can see the old rate in some
reports I print but for the life of me I can't find a setting in 2006.

Anyone know of the way to change the Vat Rate?  or is this another new
feature ;((

--
 Boyd
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Boyd Tucker wrote:

>I have enabled VAT calculations on my transactions in my accounts and the tax
>rate has changed but I can't find a way to change it in Money 2006.  This is
>a database that has been upgraded over many versions and I'm sure I've
>changed this before in another version.  I can see the old rate in some
>reports I print but for the life of me I can't find a setting in 2006.
>
>Anyone know of the way to change the Vat Rate?  or is this another new
>feature ;((

While this method does not work as often as it should, I tried
entering "vat" into the search box of Help. It came back with what
seemed relevant implying that this as a characteristic of a
category.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)

General Number Format Changed
Excel 2003 on XP I have a collegue who's Excel setting for General number format displays as 0.1 instead of 1 in the sample box. ie if you type in "1" you get "0.1", if you type in ".1" (as in 0.1) you get "1". Where in the settings can this General format be returned to standard? Many thanks DeanH Sorry that should have been: ie if you type in "1" you get "0.1", if you type in "1." (as in 1.0) you get "1". "DeanH" wrote: > Excel 2003 on XP > I have a collegue who's Excel setting for G...

Be very careful using Money (2006) tax related data!!!
For a long time I learned to hate Microsoft products quality. Money is no better in that respect. Capital gains reports that you may want to use for tax purposes are patently wrong. Here is an example: I was putting money periodically into a mutual fund for past ten years. At the end of this year I decided to sell it because I racked up price appreciation loss and wanted to cover some other capital gains. Money 2006 was showing this correctly in portfolio view. I sold the fund and recorded the sell transaction (specified "by lot"). Money proceeded to tell me that I had an absurd amo...

have to manually add the supplier tax rate to the purchase order
"If you create a purchase order in Microsoft Retail Management System Headquarters by using the "Style 340: PO Planner" worksheet, the program does not automatically populate the supplier tax rate information when the purchase order is downloaded to the store. Therefore, you will have to manually add the supplier tax rate to the purchase order." In the Store Operation Manager PO window's , It will be interesting to have a button that calculate taxes like if the PO was done with Store Operation Manager instead of doing the above process ---------------- This post...

Calculated Fields
I have two queries both created from the same table. The first is to record customer requirements prior to any job being done and has a calculated field for JobCost. The second query is to record details when the customer collects the finished job and has a reminder of the JobCost. Because certain of the other fields are not present in the second query for the calculations it means I have a rather contrived calculation :- "JobCost: ([Number]*[SellPrice]-[Number]*[SellPrice]*[DiscountCalc]/100)" which works but I was wondering if there was a way to refer to the field 'JobC...

Programatically Change Recordsource SQL of a form
I am wondering if it is possible to have the record source of a form be the SELECT query of a table that would be "defined" by the entry the user makes on a field in the form. Example - 3 tables all have the same fields, they are named: 55091 55104 55116 The user opens the form and enters the ZipCode they are working with in a field - 55901. I'd like to program the form so that the record source becomes SELECT * From 55901. It seems like that would be something simple ... I would also welcome any feed back as to whether this would be a wise set up. A lit...

Change setting for mailing attachments
Hello, I'm running GP 7.5 and Acrobat 5.0 Distiller. When I send to Mail Recipient as PDF, it works fine, and attaches a pdf to a new mail message, however, Acrobat ALWAYS opens. I've turned off all imaginable settings in acrobat and even changed the default pdf file association with acrobat 7 reader and still, whatever that file association is linked to, GP will run acrobat and show a preview. Any thoughts? ...

Mergers
I am trying to record a merger in Money 2004, Standard. When I click on "Record a Special Activity" in the portfolio page, the only choices I get are "Transfer an account" and "Record a split". Are mergers not available in the Standard Edition? Can anyone help? In microsoft.public.money, Jodie wrote: >I am trying to record a merger in Money 2004, Standard. >When I click on "Record a Special Activity" in the >portfolio page, the only choices I get are "Transfer an >account" and "Record a split". Are mergers not ava...

Read envelope not changing in icon column
I just started as an IT person with a new company this week. I have an outlook user that says after an update ran a couple weeks ago by the previous IT person, her envelope icon in the message box does not change from unread to read.. bascially the envelope doesn't change from unopened to open in the column... any suggestions as to where I'd start looking to fix this? This is outlook 2007 (winxp) - she is using a reading pane and even when she clicks in the reading pane, it doesn't change. I know this isn't the end of the world.. but it is an annoying thing... ...

Cannot Get Money 2004 to allow verification of downloads
Money will not allow me to verify transaction downloads before entering into my register. It used to but I did something to disable it and now cannot get that check back. In microsoft.public.money, Audrey wrote: >Money will not allow me to verify transaction downloads >before entering into my register. It used to but I did >something to disable it and now cannot get that check back. You can clear the two Tools->Options->OnlineServices->Automatically.... boxes if they are checked. ...

Having problems downloading bank info to my Money 99
I've just loaded Money 99 onto my computer and it can't get my information from my bank. It is not letting me onto the internet through money. I believe it is trying to use a dial up connection instead of my cable modem. Any ideas on how to get my bank info onto my money program? >Subject: Having problems downloading bank info to my Money 99 >From: "=?Utf-8?B?bW9uZXlfcHJvYmxlbXM=?=" >money_problems@discussions.microsoft.com >Date: 12/1/2004 1:03 PM Eastern Standard Time >Message-id: <DBBDC184-0FE3-491F-9105-9A2806868307@microsoft.com> > >I'...

Bought Money 2006, reinstalled computer, now idea how to get it ba
I paid for a copy of Money 2006 Premium. I reinstalled my machine recently and found a link to download the trial version of MS Money, which I did, thinking there was a way to reactivate my product, but if there is, I can't find it. How do I get my paid for version back? I still have my receipt and can log into the billing support site. Thanks. Open the sample file. Assign it the Passport you used to buy the copy. Do an Internet Update. Open your own data file. Next time buy the CD. "Architekt" <Architekt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3137CC7D-6B7...

hOW DO I CHANGE THE FONT IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF AN EMAIL
How do I change the font and the colour of the subject line in an email? I would like to make it bold or Red so that it catches teh attention of the recepient immediately. Thanks You can't. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "VIN" <VIN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C63275F2-DDF5-4785-941C-A00B741A4B7B@microsoft.com... > How do I change the font and the colour of the subject line in an email? > I would like to make it bold or Red so that it catches teh at...

Quick Q
How can I change the text of an item in a combo box, other than find the item, delete it, re-add it, then sort it. I can't find a SetText, SetItemText, SetItemString, SetString or anything along these lines? That is the only way. AliR. "GT" <ContactGT_remove_@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:00a8fd7b$0$30605$c3e8da3@news.astraweb.com... > How can I change the text of an item in a combo box, other than find the > item, delete it, re-add it, then sort it. I can't find a SetText, > SetItemText, SetItemString, SetString or anything along these lines? ...

Date validation and overtime calculations
I've hit a Wall I have been trying to create a time sheet that draws table date for a employee and then based on the hours of worked calculate the following 1) number of normal hours. Just battling with the calculation of th time segments 2) number of overtime hours: the pay rate is x1.5 hour 3) number of hours for a public holiday:the pay rate is x 2.0 / hour 4) number of hours for a Sunday Rate: the pay rate is x 0.5 / hour 5) Is there a better way of doing the date calculation I would greatly appreciate any help in this regard Thank Attachment filena...

Change Passwords
All: I need to configure single Exchange 2003 server to allow password chagnes via OWA. SSL certificate already installed on the server and is working fine. I followed Microsoft's KB article to allow password chagne and did the registry hack to show the change password button but still no button appears. Any ideas of anyone have similiar problem? "DJ" <none@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:OaBCnMvRHHA.4188@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > All: > > I need to configure single Exchange 2003 server to allow password chagnes > via OWA. SSL certificate already...

Is Money Still a Good Choice?
Folks, I have been a Money user since 1999 when it was free. Prior to that I was a Quicken user and I am currently using Money 2003 Deluxe. I have read through many of these threads in this newsgroup via Google and I realize a few things: 1. Many people in this NG use this program to extents WAY beyond what I do currently and have knowledge of it's capabilities and liabilities. 2. It seems that each succeeding version of Money gets bigger and more bloated while simultaneously getting less stable and useful overall. I am getting older each year like everyone else, and I would like to get...

Money 2006..Canadian Deluxe version ?
Hi I would like to know if there is going to be a Canadian version of Money 2006 - Deluxe edition... Tks ...

How to calculate % in summary sheet from cell A9 in multiple sheet 01-23-10
Dear experts, I have data on patients in excel file, with each patient's data placed on a separate sheet. For instance: PatientA has data on worksheet "PatientA" (Sheet2) where cell A9 is hemoglobin value.. PatientZ has data on worksheet "PatientZ" (Sheet50) where cell A9 is hemoglobin value. I have a summary worksheet called "Summary" (Sheet1). I need cell A9 in the "Summary" (Sheet1) sheet to give me the percentage of patients whose Hemoglobin value is between 10 and 12 (that is percentage of A9 values in Sheet1 to Sheet50 with value ...

Hyperlinks changed to relative path automatically
I have created an excel file where I have put hyperlinks to objects in the worksheet. The hyperlinks that I have created are hard coded paths. However, when I go back to edit the paths or save the document as HTML the links are changed to relative paths automatically. Does anyone know how to stop this from happening? Did you ever resolve this? I am having a similar problem: I enter a server address in a cell, it resolves to a hyperlink by clicking ctrl click, the next time you click on the hyperlink it links without using ctrl, then it breaks with the following message: the address...

Sync Money file in Briefcase
When I try to put my Money file into my briecase it works fine for a while. I can make changes on the laptop file and / or the a desktop file and when I select update they update fine. Then for some reason I have not figured out it will sense a change has been made but when I try to up date it tells me it can't access the desktop file to make the update. Any help would be gratly appreciated. I have made sure that file sharing is available but this does not help. The only way I can make it work again is to change the name of the old file, copy and paste under a new name in &qu...

Budget Calculations
I setup an Advanced Budget for the first time, but I'm not sure how Money 2005 (Deluxe) is calculating my monthly "Budgeted" values. For example, sometimes it looks like a yearly total divided by 12 (months). Other times, it looks like a weekly budget item is divided by 7 (days) and then multiplied by the number of days in the month. Is there some documentation on how the values are calculated? Also, something that drives me crazy is the budgeting of my income. I get paid every other Friday, so some months have 3 pay-days in them. Rather than showing those months wit...

Masking/Changing return E-mail address
I have Exchange 2003 as my mail server for my domain. I alos have a Unix based HIS System that has its own e-mail service (internally). I have set up the Unix box to allow users to send e-mail to everyone includeing the outside world. I had to tell the unix box its mail domain was mail.domain.org . When a user send mail outside of either domain, the mail is rcvd but the recipient cannot reply due to the false domain. I have been told that there is a way to setup a "table" on Exchange that will change the unix users e-mail to reflect a valid address so the recipient can...

Change text FieldSize property in DAO
Can someone give me a snippet of code to modify the fieldsize property of a text field (call it "FieldA") in a table (call it "TableA") in a database (call it "DatabaseA"). It was 10, and now needs to be 11. I don't know if this needs to be DAO or can be done in a simpler way. I just know i need to do it from VBA code. Thanks. bob "Bob Howard" wrote in message news:%23zJafiupKHA.1544@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Can someone give me a snippet of code to modify the fieldsize property of > a text field (call it "Fi...

MONEY 2000 #24
I have used MONEY successfully for many years but now I'm stumped! Within my (small) Investment Portfolio I have my WRAP Superannuation/Pension fund. In this fund I have a number of investments spread over various asset classes. I decided to cash out one of them and use the proceeds to buy a Bank stock. I have a small investment with the same bank outside the Super Fund but MONEY will not allow me to identify the new investment with the same symbol. An error message appears saying...'XXX is already being used as a symbol for 'Bank Name.' Please enter a different symbol. ...

Calculate difference between current date & prior
I am looking for a formula that would calculate the difference in dates but display in weeks-can this even be done? Col A Date Received 4/15/2010 Col B Approx Age in Weeks 2 I am trying to calculate the current age in weeks but cannot come up with the right formula. The closest I could get was using TODAY() but kept getting the errors. I have the formatting for the results col. set as number with 0 decimals. Thank you in advance for any assistance! =INT((TODAY()-A2)/7) or =ROUND((TODAY()-A2)/7) -- Best Regards, Luke M "S" <S@discussion...