Changing the WHITE background color of Money

Hi,

I've just installed "Money financial suite 14.0" on my WinXP Pro.

Does anyone know how to change the WHITE background color to
another color (gray for instance) ?

White kills your eyes + the pixels of your screen.

White as a background color also goes against basic ergonomics
principles !

Thanks!

Christian

0
nospam7515 (2084)
12/2/2004 9:35:43 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

"nospam" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I've just installed "Money financial suite 14.0" on my WinXP Pro.
>
> Does anyone know how to change the WHITE background color to
> another color (gray for instance) ?
>
> White kills your eyes + the pixels of your screen.
>
> White as a background color also goes against basic ergonomics
> principles !

Which must be why almost every program on the market uses white for a
background?

> Thanks!
>
> Christian

Unless your screen is an LCD, it doesn't have pixels. If it is an LCD, then
there is no mechanism of wear or age at the pixel level as a function of
duty cycle or otherwise.

"nospam" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> White kills your eyes + the pixels of your screen.

Outlook 2000 change in behavior
I don't know if anyone else has experience this but since installing critical updates I have noticed that when I double click to open email messages in my inbox the messages do not immediately open. The hour glass appears and it takes longer than before installing the critical updates for the email messages to open. I have run the detect/repair tool, and disk defrag. My operating system is windows 2000. Any advice is appreciated. Jackie Darden ...

Max clinet change to Cache mode per server
Hi, we have 2 Exchange 2003 a-p Cluster on Unisys ES7000 with 9000 mailboxes on each cluster. The Clients work with Outlook XP. We plan a Rollout of Outlook 2003 SP2 with activated Cache Mode. Our Offline Adressbook has abaout 10 MB and one Mailbox a average space of 35 MB. Now my question, how much client can rolled out parallel that the download of the mailbox content has only small impact to the Exchange Server performance ? Has anybody some experiences in this case Thank you Ingo ...

Easy Money
do not respond to my earlier post not send me anything do not follow any of the directions on that erroneous post I thought it would be "funny"...I do not want any money, mail (email or otherwise) Please realize that this is illegal and respect my wishes to not receive any mail (i get enough crap in the mail already) I apologize for the post and any trouble it might have caused, if I could retract it I would ! Best ...

Upgrade from Money 2004 to Money 2005
I just upgraded from Money 2004 to Money 2005, and 2 of my accounts (a savings account and a credit card) showed significantly different balances from the last time I looked at them in Money 2004. It seems that, for some reason, when it converted my 2004 file to 2005, it only grabbed a portion of the transactions, and considered the balance as of just before the first transaction it grabbed to be $0, when both accounts actually had non-zero balances at that time. Am I missing something, or is Money 2005 just that poorly designed? In microsoft.public.money, dbrebel wrote: >I just upgrade...

how to change the icon text
To all, What event to I do to handle when my app get iconified? I Need to set the window text for my icon differently than my app title bar text. When I run my app, the window text for the app title bar is "foo", when the user iconifies the app, I want the icon text to be "bar". How do I do that? Thanks for the help, Reza Take a look at CWnd::OnSysCommand. SC_RESTORE and SC_MINIMIZE is what you want to look for in this method. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "reza razavipour" <rrazavipour@stbernard.com> wrote in message news:uK18XkXH...

Trouble getting Bill Pay to work with Money 2005
I upgraded from Money 2004 Deluxe to Money 2005 Premium this evening. I had Bill Pay working in the 2004 version. I went to enable the "Access your Money data on the Web" option in Settings. It said that I had to disable Bill Pay first before it would continue and that it would enable Bill Pay again once the process was complete. Unfortunately, now I can't get Bill Pay enabled again. I can go to the Bills screen and see my scheduled bills, but I can't do ePay through Bill Pay in Money anymore. When I go to Manage Online Services, I see my bank accounts that are ...

Unable to import Quicken file to Money
I am trying to import my QUICKEN 2004 data file (QDATA.QDF) into Money 2004. I followed all the directions and validated the QDATA file first, but NOTHING imports. All I get are messages that indicate "Your Quicken file contained invalid transaction types". The only transactions I have are account (Checking and Savings) transactions - debits and credits. I have tried this a number of times, and downloaded all updates to Money, but nothing ever converts. Can anyone help? You can not import Q2004 into M2004. You'll have to wait a few more days and then import it into M2...

Macro in Background
Hi All Bit of a weird one but I have a big spreadsheet which does a large number of calculations (using a macro). The macro flicks across the spreadsheet (opening and shutting different sheets). which last about 2/3 mins. Is there away of running the macro in the background so it stays on the front page while it does the calculations? Any help appreciated application.screenupdating = false 'your code here application.screenupdating = true -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Hager" wrote: > Hi All > > Bit of a weird one but I have a big sprea...

Cashiers changing prices: "access pricing" and discounts
Hi: We are a wine shop and give 10% discounts when customers purchase six bottles of wine, and 20% when they purchase 12 bottles. I've got the discounts to automatically kick in when 6 or 12 bottles are scanned into the system using mix and match. However, I've noticed we get an error about "cashier cannot change prices" when the minimum quantity for discount is entered into the system. The reason is b/c the cashier does not have the "access pricing" check box turned on in their detail setup. The problem is we don't want the cashier to have the &quo...

Change Default When Selecting New Message From Form
Whenever I select New -> Choose Form, it defaults to "Organizational Forms Library" (which is empty). How can I make it default to "User Templates in File System"? Thanks. I've been looking for a way to do that for years, but have never found = one. FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues = "down the hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms or, via web = interface, at = http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=3Dmicroso= ft.public.outlook.program_forms --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Con...

TEXT TO SPEECH CHANGES
Currently my text to speech config reads ONLY LETTERS if the letters are CAPITALs(IE when it come to the word ABLE, it speaks A B L E how can I change the setting to make the system say "able" Thanks Enter this small macro: Sub Macro1() For n = 1 To 100 Cells(n, 1).Speak Next n End Sub And it should "say" whatever text you enter in A1 thru A100 -- Gary's Student "pcor" wrote: > Currently my text to speech config reads ONLY LETTERS if the letters are > CAPITALs(IE when it come to the word ABLE, it speaks A B L E > how can I change...

money for notihng that works
What is $5 and 15 minutes when it can make you earn $100,000 ? Not much, if you ask me... You've probably seen a lot of those kind of messages over forums and newsgroups, and the explanation for this can be given in two words: IT WORKS! But how on earth, will you ask me, does it actually works? How is such a thing possible? This is a simple pyramid scheme. To explain it to you with realistic numbers, lets take a simple example: Imagine you folow the instructions given below, and post your message to 500 newsgroups (wich isn't much). 10 people read your message and also folow the ins...

sync portfolio with msn money
Hi friends, I would like to use my money 2007 portfolio from my home and office, Is there any way to achive that, I would like to view and make changes from both places. Thanks, have a nice day Roshlin wrote: > Hi friends, > > I would like to use my money 2007 portfolio from my home and office, > Is there any way to achive that, > I would like to view and make changes from both places. You can do this, but you'll have to be extremely rigorous about moving your file back and forth. Money assumes one user/one PC. The database has no features for multiple access or syn...

Able to change the fonts and Header in POS
It would nice to configure the font in Point of sale so it would fit into the size quickpad you use. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=e86e0f80-4b12-4bef-9222...

Change color on date field in form for re-certification
My main form has two different date fields on it. One date field needs to be re-certified every 6 months, and the other field needs to be re-certified every 12 months. I would like each of those fields to automatically change color depending on how much time as elapsed since that training. For the 6 month field, months 1-5 should be green, 1 month left should be yellow and anything expired should be red. For the 12 month field, months 1-11 should be green, 1 month left should be yellow, and anything expired should be red. Thank you in advance for your help! messingerjc wrote...

Macro to update information if date changes
using Exel 2000.. I want excel to compare dates on two seperate worksheets and if the date on the first is greater than the second to insert rows and than copy cells on the second to different cells also on the second page. ie..main sheet date is 11-05-08 compared to sheet2 date is 11-04-08...insert cells at a21:d21 and shift cells down (on sheet2) then copy cells b13:h13 to a21:b21 The description seems a bit inconsistent, but here is a shot With Worksheets("Main Sheet") If .Range("A1").Value > Worksheets("Second Sheet").Range("A1&q...

How do you change to currency in a table and add columns?
I'm trying to learn to use the new Word and can't figure out in my ribbons how to change numbers to a currency format, as well as viewing the table content to be able to quick sum columns. Help?! Use Excel which is designed for that work. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Duprey72" <Duprey72@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADB852A4-D4AF-44FF-8F89-AC4B110D080C@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to learn to use the new Word and can't figure out in my ribbons > how to change numbers to a currency format, as well as viewing the tabl...

Money 2004 crash on startup #2
just find that it only crash when i use my current user, not happening when i logon as another user, seems my profile has some problem, maybe more startup & program installed. any idea on how to troubleshoot ? =========== just install in my WinXP SP1, which has IE6.0 SP1 installed already. Money2004 Std keep crashing on startup after install. with error dialog of "restart Money - Send / don't send report" any idea ? a further findings, i run Money2004 using "run as" another user, it works ! using local adm or domain userwith local adm right also run correctly....

Money 2005 Account number displays as xxxxx
I have just upgraded from Money 2004 STD (Australia). All my account numbers in the 'accounts list' dialog box display mainly as 'xxxxx. My account numbers are alphnumeric. They are correct when I open the individual accounts. Does anyone have a work around or know of a fix for this bug? Rgds - Pete This is nothing more than stupid knee jerk pseudo-security. R-click and go to the account settings and it will look correct. "Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1b3e01c4ac1c$02961af0$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I have just upgraded ...

Change print driver from PS level 1 to level 2
When printing in Publisher 2003 only, on and HP business inkjet 1100 I'm told that I need to set the PostScript language level to level 2 or higher. Following the instructions, I can't make the changes as directed in corrections from the error message, nor can I find any other way to change it.. You receive a Publisher cannot print this publication error message when you print as CMYK composite in Publisher 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;819594 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.co...

Money 2007 delete previous versions?
I'd like to try Money 2007 trial before committing. I'm using Money 2004 SB. Does the upgrade wipe out any previous version so that I can't go back if I don't want to commit to the upgrade? I'm running XP SP2. Thanks, Brett It will give you the chance to select yes or no to remove it Steve -- Steve steven_morrison69@hotmail.com "brett" <account@cygen.com> wrote in message news:1163964503.767879.204210@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > I'd like to try Money 2007 trial before committing. I'm using Money > 2004 SB. Does the upgrade w...

Money Deluxe
The on-box note on Money Deluxe, that it included Taxcut preparation/filing for 2003 or 2004 was a sale-maker, since I got it as a package deal with this year's Taxcut Deluxe. BUT - the enclosed booklet's H&R Block page says that the free preparation/filing is for "tax year 2004 filed by August 15, 2004". BUMMER!! Anybody else picked up on this and, if so, got any clarification? Sounds like a typo to me. Next to nobody (nobody???) will file TY 2004 by August 15, 2004. "cam" <REMOVEcamaz29@DROPhotmail.com> wrote in message news:Ow456bW3DHA.2700@tk2ms...

How to change default cell formats
When I open a file, all negative values are shown with a - before them, whilst my colleagues, when opening the same file, the negatives are shown in brackets ie. ( ). How do I ensure that when I open the same file, my negative numbers appear in brackets This is a windows setting. Close excel Change that windows regional setting|currency tab|Negative currency format to show ($1.1) Open excel You may have to reformat: Format|Cells|number tab|Number (adjust the decimal places and comma options) Easty04 wrote: > > When I open a file, all negative values are shown with a - before t...

Money will not open even after reinstalling
I tried using Money this weekend and it would not open. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, and that worked for 1 day. Now it is doing it again. What now? I'm so sick of MS and all it's damn problems! God if there were only another superpower! I have been awaiting a response all night. I can't open Money either! HOW BOUT A PATCH MS??? >-----Original Message----- >I tried using Money this weekend and it would not open. I >tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, and that worked >for 1 day. Now it is doing it again. >What now? >. > I'm...

a WHITE BORDER IS LEFT WHEN i ATTEMPT A FULL COLOR BACKGROUND
Either in Word or Publisher, when applying an entire page color background, I am always left with a white border on the page. How can I get the entire page backgrond to print? Could be your printer's margin limitations Tutorial: Finding your Maximum Print Area http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "David Gauthier" <David Gauthier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D1390ACA-6...