Changing name of Investment?

I was starting to build my portfolio in Money 2004, and I typed in the
name of the company (Sportsman's Guide), but I've decided I'd rather
have my portfolio display my stocks by their symbols (SGDE), and I can't
figure out how to change the name of the investment.

If I highlight the name, then type in SGDE, it displays Sportsman's
Guide, since they're already linked. If I delete the transaction, even
though I don't have any other transactions involving SGDE, it still
keeps Sportsman's Guide and SGDE in its list, so I can't "re-build" the
stock in Money.

Hope this made sense.

Thanks in advance.
Alan
0
alansl317 (2)
1/1/2004 8:51:35 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Nevermind. I finally figured it out. :)

Alan

In article <MPG.1a5e444e2c722ca1989685@news-server.austin.rr.com>,
alansl317@NOSPAMyahoo.com says...
> I was starting to build my portfolio in Money 2004, and I typed in the
> name of the company (Sportsman's Guide), but I've decided I'd rather
> have my portfolio display my stocks by their symbols (SGDE), and I can't
> figure out how to change the name of the investment.
>
> If I highlight the name, then type in SGDE, it displays Sportsman's
> Guide, since they're already linked. If I delete the transaction, even
> though I don't have any other transactions involving SGDE, it still
> keeps Sportsman's Guide and SGDE in its list, so I can't "re-build" the
> stock in Money.
>
> Hope this made sense.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Alan

0
alansl317 (2)

News server name for software testing -reg
Dear friends, Like msnews.microsoft.com, I need the News server for winrunner (Automated software testing tool), to configure in the Outlook express. regards, Thiru Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolici...

How to change this macro
Need help changing the range on this range so that it will go to the last row. For example, instead of going from B2,B4:B18, I need it to go from B2,B4:"the last row that has any information in it". Same with column D, Column F and Column H. So I imagine something like B2,B4:B&LastRow. But don't know how to make that happen. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Range("B2,B4:B18,D2,D4:D18,F2,F4:F18,H2,H4:H18").Select Range("H4").Activate With Selection.Interior .Pattern = xlSolid .PatternColorIndex = xlAutomatic...

changes to pivot table labels
Hi I have a pivot table that reads data from an OLAP cube, is it possible to prevent users from changing the row labels Regards, AQ ...

How do you change the data type of a cell using VBA?
For instance, with VBA I am trying to place "February 2007" in a cell but it keeps showing up as Feb-07. I want it to show up as literal text. -- justme0010 Sub text_it() Range("A1").Value = Chr(39) & "February 2007" End Sub -- Gary''s Student - gsnu2007c You could keep the value a date and just format the cell the way you like: with activecell .numberformat = "mmmm yyyy" .value = dateserial(2007,2,1) end with You could also format the cell as text first: with activecell .numberformat = "@" 'text .value...

Changing Transaction Type
There are 3 types of transactions in MS Money 2002: Withdrawal, Deposit, and Transfer. I can't figure out how to change a Deposit to Transfer or visa versa. Anyone has any idea ? In microsoft.public.money, Al wrote: >There are 3 types of transactions in MS Money 2002: >Withdrawal, Deposit, and Transfer. > >I can't figure out how to change a Deposit to Transfer or >visa versa. > >Anyone has any idea ? Click the Activity and select Transfer using the little down-arrow of the drop-down list. Select the target of the transfer as the sub-category. Turn off t...

Change Case default
I am runing Office 2004 on a Mac. I am looking for a way to chagne the default setting of the Change Case commant. It is set to UPPERCASE and I want to change it to Title Case. Is this possible? Thanks On 3/11/05 16:50, in article 1h5e8o0.xrz19m4yfr9cN%rich.sagall@pobox.com, "Rich Sagall" <rich.sagall@pobox.com> wrote: > I am runing Office 2004 on a Mac. I am looking for a way to chagne the > default setting of the Change Case commant. It is set to UPPERCASE and I > want to change it to Title Case. Is this possible? > > Thanks In Word, I presume? I can'...

Budget
Hi, I have about 6 Mths of Income / Exp in Money 2003. When I do my budget it automatically extimates my expenses & fills in the $ amount. When I finish the budget & look at the "Review your current budget status - Current Month" report it shows that I have Expenses over budget. Example Bills:Telephone has actual of $71 & budgeted $0 When I Right Mouse Click & choose Edit. I get an option to cahnge a bill in this category or add an additional expense in this category. When I choose another category ie Automobile:Gasoline it opens up a budget window, where I...

changing currency of online price updates
For some reason, when I have obtained online price updates for a few of my stock investments, the updates are being posted in Euros. I have my base currency established in dollars (through Tools, Options, Currencies. I have the investment account in which these stocks are held set up in dollars. I have the original price paid for the stocks set up in dollars. I am using Money 2002. Does anyone know how I can change the price updated online to dollars? Thanks! Judi ...

How can you change the name of a Business Unit?
Is it possible to change the name of a Business Unit? If so, how? If not, why not? Thanks in advance Unsupported, but you can directly edit a BU name in the businessunitbase table in the _MSCRM database with the usual SQL tools "Piri Yebra" <PiriYebra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3669CF30-FB8C-40CD-8D62-ADF7A4363590@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to change the name of a Business Unit? If so, how? If not, > why > not? > > Thanks in advance ...

Synchronize changes between a workbook and a "master file".
This was in a previous post but after thinking through the result of my request, I realized I was asking the wrong question. The goal: Synchronize changes between a workbook distributed to multiple users and either a separate workbook or another source to be imported into an Access database. The scenario: I distribute a workbook that is maintained by outside sources (agents). The workbook contains two tabs/sheets, “Location” and “Technician”. The agents change their workbooks daily and the changes need to be “reported” back to me so the data can be massaged and imported into an Access...

how do I change/edit the names of catagories in Calendar?
want to make my own names for the color designations in "Catagorize" Version? In 2003, click on the labels icon on the toolbar and choose edit... (can also access it using the edit, labels menu) in 2007, click the category button and choose all categories to access the editor. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-S...

Need to change Autofilters behaviour in Excel 2003
Hello, Does anybody knows how to change the color of the triangle arrow on the column titles of autofilter ranges? Presently, when a filter is put on one column, the arrow for this column is changed from black to very dark blue. I need to change this color, so that this becomes more visible. At our office, my boss cannot make any difference between these two colors. This is a problem for daily work. Thanks in advance for any help. Bertrand from Tokyo, Japan see response to your earlier posting -- Regards Roger Govier Bertrand wrote: > Hello, > > Does any...

How can I change the default way pivot tables summarize by
By default, pivot tables summarize data by "Count". Is there a way to set the default as "Sum", which seems to be more widely used. If the data is all numeric, then you get "Sum of". If you have any non-numeric (including spaces), you get "count of". Maybe you could record a macro that builds the pivottable the way you like. Or you could use a utility from Debra Dalgleish that can do this (and lots more): http://www.contextures.com/xlPivotAddin.html Jorge wrote: > > By default, pivot tables summarize data by "Count". Is there a way...

Change computer name
Hi there, Is it possible to change the computer name of Exchange Server 2003? I'm wondering whether something will be wrong after changing the computer name. Thanks. Ray Easily? No. In order to rename an Exchange server, you must move all of the mailboxes, connection agreements (MX records if this is external-facing), public folders, etc. to a new Exchange server and uninstall Exchange before renaming the server. If this is the only Exchange 2003 server in your organization, or if this is the first Exchange 2003 server in your organization, you will want to follow the guide...

How to change number of decimal places on an exsiting item unit pr
The existing item unit price is set to 2 decimal places. We need the item currency decimals set to 4 places. When we run the utility "Tools->Utilities->Inventory->Change Decimal Places" The audit reported generated report s the following message. "Item exists on an inventory transaction and could not be updated. "Item exists on a Purchase Order processing transaction and not be updated." Is there anythin I can do to solve the problem? Thanks GO As indicated by the error message, you cannot have any unposted inventory transactions or open purchase or...

CHANGE DATES #2
I WANT TO BE ABLE TO TYPE 6 DIGIT NO. EG 010101 AND EXCEL CHANGE IT TO 01/01/01 HOW CAN I DO THIS SIMPLY THANKYOU Hi Either format the cell prior to entering values as 'Text' or enter the number with a preceding apostrophe, e.g. '010101 HTH Frank P.S.: please turn off your CAPS lock as it's quite difficult to read and is considered rude (shouting) in newsgroups ME wrote: > I WANT TO BE ABLE TO TYPE 6 DIGIT NO. EG 010101 AND EXCEL CHANGE IT > TO 01/01/01 HOW CAN I DO THIS SIMPLY THANKYOU I'M SORRY BUT I DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT DOES NOT SEEM TO WORK FOR ME Hi B...

Company Name
V8. To the left of the tools bars displays user name, Co. name and date. These take up too much real estate. Maybe should have used a shorter version of the company name but its too late now. Is there any way to display a shorter, user defined, company name? How about modifying the date format to dd/mm only (I usually know what year it is except on Mondays after a very good weekend!) Thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001C_01C5A7EB.1D240460 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable A coupl...

Deleting Names in Excel 2003
How do I delete names (name ranges) all at once, rather then having to do it individually On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 19:25:06 -0800, steve_nelson <steve_nelson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in microsoft.public.excel.misc: >How do I delete names (name ranges) all at once, rather then having to do it >individually With VBA: Dim myName As Name For Each myName In Names myName.Delete Next myName Qualify Name as required: Application, Workbook, Worksheet. Unqualified, Names will refer to ActiveWorkbook. See Help: Names Property (<mk:@MSITStore:C:\Program%20Files\Microsoft...

Nesting an If factor and using the range name
I am taking a course for advanced excel and I need help with a question> I am working on a spread sheet for real estate. I am supposed to set up a formula using NESector and CornerLot classifying them as shown below. 1, 2 or 3. Can any one help????? NESector CornerLot Classification Yes Yes 1 Yes No 2 No No 3 Assuming the NESector is in A1 and the first row of "Yes"s is A2 and B2; The formula needed in C1 is =IF(A2="Yes", IF(B2="Yes", 1, 2), 3) ...

How do I run a query that displays field names and not captions
How do I run a query that displays field names and not captions The simplest solution would be to open the table in design view, and clear the Caption property for your fields. If that doesn't work, you could alias the fields in the query. For example if you have FirstName showing as First Name (with a space), and you want it to actually show as FirstName, switch the query to SQL View (View menu), and change the SQL statement from: SELECT Table1.FirstName, ... to: SELECT Table1.FirstName AS FirstName, ... -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for A...

Select criteria based on the field name the user selects
Hi all, I am facing with aproblem where in i have a small access db with forms and reports now i want to change or set the where condition of a query based on the value the user selects from the form through a combo box. For ex:- if user is selecting Invoice_date then the where condition should search based on invoice date if the user selects any other field the querys where condition should search based on that particular field.Can any one help me in getting a solution for this. I have a sample database that shows how you can use various controls to set the filter of a query that i...

Can't see default instance of sql 2008; login name oddness
I am seeing two odd characteristics with a new windows 7 x64 box. The install and config steps were like so: [1] Computer OS installed, computer named Comp1. [2] Install sql server std 2008, developer version, including ssms, as default instance [3] Install sql server express 2005, named instance (sqlexpress). [4] Change computer name to Comp2. It's possible that the timing of 3 and 4 are reversed in the list above. The two oddities are that when I browse for sql servers on this box (browse service is on) I see only two entries: Comp1\sqlexpress Comp2\sqlexpress IE...

commandbuttons changes position an size in office 2010
Dear All, Have a xls-file about 20 commandbuttons in Row1 (frezzed) for all kind of actions. Now we insttalled Office 2010 and comverted my xls-file > xlsm-file. Opening, editing and saving cause the commandbuttons to change position an size always to the left and upwards and becomming smaler size. Have the same problem with a Combobox (Form-object)/ Command-property set as 'Move and Size with cells' What's causing this strange behaviour? Filip ...

'Name box'--increase width
Hi all, Anyone know how to increase the width of the name box on the formula bar? Tools > Customize lets you resize all boxes except this one. It is too small to use while developing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! In MacXL, you can just use: CommandBars("Formula Bar").Controls("Name Box").Width = 250 For WinXL, see http://www.cpearson.com/excel/NameBox.htm In article <_Madnd6Jic-ilpbcRVn-gw@comcast.com>, "JRocket02" <todd.randall@comcast.net> wrote: > Hi all, > > Anyone know how to increase the width of the ...

file locations , changing
i have money 2004 on my c: drive , but it saves the working qdata.mny file on the d: drive, how can i make it save the mny file on my c: drive, since i want my d: drive for back up fils only, i'm using win xp money has the option for saving the back up file several places , but not the main working file. Suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks In microsoft.public.money, carl wrote: >i have money 2004 on my c: drive , but it saves the >working qdata.mny file on the d: drive, how can i make it >save the mny file on my c: drive, since i want my d: >drive for back up fils ...