change the "online services" account setting

Hello, I understand that once I've completed setting up online services for
an account, I can stop them from "management online services" by clicking on
the bank link.

However, if I started setting up online services for an account, but never
completed it, the "stop online services" option does not appear for the bank.
 Instead of using online services, I'm logging in to the bank's site and
downloading transactions and importing them into MM.   In this case,  in the
Account List page, under the "To Review" column, a message that reads
"Provide sign-in information" shows up forever, and the "Bank Balance" column
remains blank all the time, which is annoying.

How can I tell MM to terminate the online services setup process completely
for this account?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?mid=858a66cd-5a8a-4866-961f-14209eab6975&dg=microsoft.public.money
0
wf (14)
5/15/2007 11:34:00 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

WF,
Try completing the online service setup and then stop it.
Worth a shot.
-Kevin

"WF" <WF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello, I understand that once I've completed setting up online services
> for
> an account, I can stop them from "management online services" by clicking
> on
> the bank link.
>
> However, if I started setting up online services for an account, but never
> completed it, the "stop online services" option does not appear for the
> bank.
> Instead of using online services, I'm logging in to the bank's site and
> downloading transactions and importing them into MM.   In this case,  in
> the
> Account List page, under the "To Review" column, a message that reads
> "Provide sign-in information" shows up forever, and the "Bank Balance"
> column
> remains blank all the time, which is annoying.
>
> How can I tell MM to terminate the online services setup process
> completely
> for this account?
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?mid=858a66cd-5a8a-4866-961f-14209eab6975&dg=microsoft.public.money

0
nospam7515 (2084)
5/22/2007 5:16:56 PM
Kevin, thank you for getting back to me.  This online setup requires that I
use a Windows Live userid/password and I really don't want to use this
centralized service, out of security concerns.   Any other ways to do this?
 Thanks, WF

"Kevin" wrote:

> WF,
> Try completing the online service setup and then stop it.
> Worth a shot.
> -Kevin
>
> "WF" <WF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello, I understand that once I've completed setting up online services
> > for
> > an account, I can stop them from "management online services" by clicking
> > on
> > the bank link.
> >
> > However, if I started setting up online services for an account, but never
> > completed it, the "stop online services" option does not appear for the
> > bank.
> > Instead of using online services, I'm logging in to the bank's site and
> > downloading transactions and importing them into MM.   In this case,  in
> > the
> > Account List page, under the "To Review" column, a message that reads
> > "Provide sign-in information" shows up forever, and the "Bank Balance"
> > column
> > remains blank all the time, which is annoying.
> >
> > How can I tell MM to terminate the online services setup process
> > completely
> > for this account?
> >
> > ----------------
> > this
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?mid=858a66cd-5a8a-4866-961f-14209eab6975&dg=microsoft.public.money

0
wf (14)
5/23/2007 6:25:01 AM
WF,

>Any other ways to do this?
None that I'm aware of.  However I think your security concerns may
be a little over-cautious.
I've used Passport, the Windows Live predecessor for many years without
incident.  In fact the Internet Mail service they offer delivers the least
amount of spam of any other email service I use.
Once my online banking and brokerage accounts were set up in Money, I
couldn't see myself going back to manually updating them ever again.
Maybe you could make a copy of your file and give it a try with the copy.
You can always revert back to the manual copy

> Kevin, thank you for getting back to me.  This online setup requires that
> use a Windows Live userid/password and I really don't want to use this
> centralized service, out of security concerns.   Any other ways to do
> this?
> Thanks, WF
>
> "Kevin" wrote:
>
>> WF,
>> Try completing the online service setup and then stop it.
>> Worth a shot.
>> -Kevin
>>
>> "WF" <WF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello, I understand that once I've completed setting up online services
>> > for
>> > an account, I can stop them from "management online services" by
>> > clicking
>> > on
>> > the bank link.
>> >
>> > However, if I started setting up online services for an account, but
>> > never
>> > completed it, the "stop online services" option does not appear for the
>> > bank.
>> > Instead of using online services, I'm logging in to the bank's site and
>> > downloading transactions and importing them into MM.   In this case,
>> > in
>> > the
>> > Account List page, under the "To Review" column, a message that reads
>> > "Provide sign-in information" shows up forever, and the "Bank Balance"
>> > column
>> > remains blank all the time, which is annoying.
>> >
>> > How can I tell MM to terminate the online services setup process
>> > completely
>> > for this account?
>> >
>> > ----------------
>> > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
>> > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
>> > "I
>> > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
>> > this
>> > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
>> > then
>> > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>> >
>> > http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?mid=858a66cd-5a8a-4866-961f-14209eab6975&dg=microsoft.public.money

0
nospam7515 (2084)

Eaton Vance Direct Online Services
I'm finally adding direct downloads from a number of my accounts. When I set up Eaton Vance online services and connect, all that downloads is my account share balance - no transactions and no account dollar value. The register show the # of shares. The account list shows a dollar value of $0.00. When I look at account settings, for some investment accounts" track cash transactions" is an option; for Eaton Vance it is not. Is this a limitation placed by Eaton Vance, or else what do I need to change to download transactions and account values? TIA In microsoft.public.money, k...

Money updates- manage online services
I have gotten to the step of re-setting up my accounts after the updates but have not been able to actually set them up. I have tried for 3 days at different times and to no avail. Is there a tip out there or is anyone else having this problem? In microsoft.public.money, Amber wrote: >I have gotten to the step of re-setting up my accounts after the updates but >have not been able to actually set them up. I have tried for 3 days at >different times and to no avail. Is there a tip out there or is anyone else >having this problem? Not me, but yes. There are several people...

MS Notice Concerning Money Plus Online Services
Many thanks from a lurker to all who provide tempered and patient suggestions ... For those tempted to rely upon the availability of MS Money Plus online services... The quotation below is an excerpt from the "Important Limitations and Notices:" section of a product MS Money Plus product information display. The excerpt was retrieved on August 20, 2007 from a www.microsoft.com page/display accessed using the link copied below: http://www.microsoft.com/money/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=001&active_tab=Compare <QUOTE> For Microsoft Money Plus, online services available for t...

Update prime interest rate using online services?
Is there a way to set up a loan in money that has a variable interest rate the is tied to prime, for example prime plus .5%, so that the prime interest rate is updated through the online services? The loan is set up to be interest only and because it is prime plus margin my monthly payment is going to vary. If I make a constant monthly payment that is greater than the interest only that is due and I do not update the interest rate money will not know how much of that payment was for interest and how much would go to reduce principal. I am assuming others have come across this issue, how did ...

Online Services
I recently discovered Online Services in Money 2005, and am working to get two accounts set up for use this way. I recently posted about some other issues but got those resolved (http://tinyurl.com/6j77x) Now my problem is that I'm getting duplicate transactions in at least one of the accounts. It seems that every time I open Money it's downloading transactions from Washington Mutual--even ones that have already been downloaded. In some cases, before I realized it was doing this, I didn't immediately go in and reconcile. So when opened Money again later it downloaded th...

Problem Setting-up Bank of America's online services in Money 2006
I migrated from Money 2005 to Money 2006 and I'm having problems with the automatic updates in my Bank of America (BOFA). Money 2006 doesn't recognize the previous online setup information and every time that I try to set up the online services for my BOFA account Money 2006 creates a new account and download last transactions. Is there a way to associate my existing BOFA account with the online set-up information? My BOFA account is not CA, WA, etc. Can someone help me? Thanks I just installed the MS Money 2006 and was unable to add the BoA a/c successfully. Although I was a...

Online services for investment accounts
I recently upgraded to Money 2003 from Money 2000 but can no longer connect to my bank's online brokerage/banking services (never a problem in Money 2000). I can access my brokerage/banking accounts through the online setup procedures; however, I cannot associate the available accounts returned from my bank with the target investment account in Money (i.e., I get the expected accounts returned from my bank's service, but the drop-down, account selection menu in online services set-up does not include my investment account as an option). Any thoughts? ...

Problem with my bank just adding online services now
Hi- My bank always had me manually download my info from their site by selecting a date range. I just checked now and notice that they have automatic updates. When I set that up it created 2 more accounts for me. I want to just merge them together with my old ones since they have all the past transactions and names correct but I don't know how to do this. I would really appreciate any help anyone has. Thanks! -Dan In microsoft.public.money, Dan Orth wrote: >My bank always had me manually download my info from their site by selecting >a date range. I just checked now an...

Do Money 2002 Online Services Expire?
Well do they? Or did that policy not start until Money 2003? (I have the US version). I found details for later versions at http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/186.aspx What is disabled when a version of Microsoft Money expires? Is it _all_ online access or just the updtae of stacks and shares etc? Richard In microsoft.public.money, Richard wrote: >Well do they? No, tho Microsoft could/would stop providing quotes. Additionally, setup of new online institutions for direct download may cease to work in that that setup involves a Microsoft server. > Or did that policy not start u...

M2002 Online Services expired?
**I should have started a new thread with this question, sorry.** My existing direct connect settings still work with my online financial institutions. However, I am unable to setup online services for a FI from the list because of the "404 Not Found" error mentioned below. Did I miss a Money 2002 update somewhere? Is there not a way to setup new online connections in Money 2002? Does it have something to do with the version of OFX/OFC that Money 2002 is using? TIA "hacksalot" <hacksalot[@AT@]it'scomcastic[.DOT.]net> wrote in message news:KdydnZaQAffasMf...

Setup Online Services
I am attempting to set up an online service. The financial instituation is listed, I have an account and am definitely using the correct password and user ID. When that occurs, I receive an error that my request to set up online services failed, with a general error. Any idea what is happening? It may be the correct password and User ID for web access. That may differ from online access using Money. To get more meaningful help you'll have to provide more information, such as the version of Money, and whether or not you're synching with MSN Money. <JimZell@mchsi.com> wrote...

Online Services Setup Error
I upgraded from Money 2005 standard to Money 2006 premium on Tuesday. I noticed some of my accounts were now available for online services so I tried setting them up. I keep getting the error "Account setup is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." Under 2005, two of my credit card accounts were being updated by Money through online services, and ever since I upgraded, I could no longer log in. Anybody ever have this problem or know how to fix it? I found this article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;889927 but it didn't help. Thank...

Money 2004 Small Business Online Services Expired Early
My Money 2004 Small Business today displayed a message that online services have expired for this version of Microsoft Money. The downloads indeed stopped operating. The license for this version states that the service should have been active till September 1, 2007 or for three years after activation. I activated the program a year ago (used M'02 till then). Has anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions (short of upgrading)? Thank you, Alex Khain Portland, OR, USA (remove the digit from the reply address) Same thing happened to me today. I have Money 2004 Standard and it w...

Failed to "complete setup for online services" Money 2006 OEM
I bank with WaMu, and have an ELOC with them. When I was setting up my accounts, I entered the info needed to get online updates. When going through the set up process, Money brought up a window that allowed me to select the types of accounts. The format for the ELOC is NOT supported by Money and I don't want it to try to do auto-updates. Anyway, Money is now stuck on "Complete setup for online services" under the "To Do" section in "Manage online services". It will NOT bring up the "Stop using online service" OR complete the online set u...

Amex Letter and Online Services
Anyone else get this? I got a letter from Amex today that effective Sep 17 (today is the 30th) that American Express would discontinue the accounts for Quicken/Money users and just have users access Online Services in the financial software with their Web Account username/password. We were told to go into Online Services and just substitute the other username/password. No problem. But I cannot find anyway to do this in Money05; apparently I have to discontinue Online Services and then set it up again. This isn't all that much problem, but it seems ridiculous that one cannot edit...

Online services -multiple accounts
I am using MS Money Plus Premium. I cannot find out how to add multiple accounts for online updating. I have my checking at one bank, cards at multiple other banks and car loans a yet another financial institution. How do I setup online services to update all these accounts. I wasn only given the option to setup one bank. Period. Please help. In microsoft.public.money, Kane wrote: >I am using MS Money Plus Premium. I cannot find out how to add multiple >accounts for online updating. I have my checking at one bank, cards at >multiple other banks and car loans a yet anothe...

change the "online services" account setting
Hello, I understand that once I've completed setting up online services for an account, I can stop them from "management online services" by clicking on the bank link. However, if I started setting up online services for an account, but never completed it, the "stop online services" option does not appear for the bank. Instead of using online services, I'm logging in to the bank's site and downloading transactions and importing them into MM. In this case, in the Account List page, under the "To Review" column, a message that reads "Pro...

money 2003, cant setup online services
The online updates of my quotes works just fine, for the securities I put in tickers they go get the latest value whenever I update, but when I try to setup online services for my accounts, it asks the company from a list, then I hit next, then I get a dialog "Money cannot complete a required online call at this time. Please check your interent connection settings and try again" any ideas, I was getting a slightly different error message this weekend, is it possible microsoft is having trouble with their network? my interent connection seems fine for all other applications and even...

HSBC online services with Money 2004
Hi- Does anyone know if HSBC offers integration with money? I called and they said money could be set up to do it all automatically, but on their website it looks like I have to manually set the dates to import. Also, does anyone know where I can find the money compatible financial institutions list? It used to be online I know but now I can't find it and Money's help file says to go to a webpage that I don't think exists. Thanks! -Dan There is very little integration with Money in the UK. The Nationwide and one other (whose name escapes me) offer true two way banking. Al...

Manage online services question
Hi Q1. How do I remove an account from under " Financial institutions not setup for background online services" heading? It is an old account which I do not use anymore. Q2. Under "Financial institutions that have no background services", there are a list of Financial Institutions. How do I amend the Financial Institutions in this list? The reason I ask is that one Institution has 'File Import' marked as a Service. But I don't understand why I have another Institution NOT marked as 'File Import', even though I do import a file into Money, ...

money 2005, online services via yodlee, and transaction history
i'll start by asking my question. then i'll explain my whole scenario and repeat my question at the end. when i import additional transaction history into an account that is setup for online services via yodlee, how can i work with/maintain that account in money using the advanced register without my transaction history being displayed on msn money as "uncleared adjustments"? now the explanation: i've been using microsoft money and msn money for some time now. all of my accounts were set up on msn money. there was transaction history on msn money going back a ...

"Online services" vs "automatic updates"
I have set up accounts at 3 institutions. One of them requires a password for updates (in other words, I have not allowed MSN to save my password), which is what I want (prevents automatic updating). The other two do not. The password appears to have been saved, and updates occur automatically. I can't figure out how to set those entries to require user entered passwords for updates. Can someone help? In microsoft.public.money, Laurel wrote: >I have set up accounts at 3 institutions. One of them requires a password >for updates (in other words, I have not allowed MS...

Money 2005 Update Online services
I have been using Money since 1998 (constantly upgrading). Around beginning of July - suddenly when I started Money 2005 - it said some changes have been made to online services I should follow steps in the following link: http://www.microsoft.com/Money/OnlineServices/Update_Instructions/default.mspx Basically It asked me to backup, stop online services and add the accounts manually again and finally merge them to old accounts. I faced a few types of issues: 1. When I added the accounts - I notice one of my bank is no longer listed - Harris Bank. - So it appears I have to manually maintain...

Money 2006, QFX & 2 Years Online Services
I am thinking about moving from Quicken 2002 to Mny 2006. My Banks provide QFX files. The way I've been using these is to logon to their web sites directly, download and save the qfx files, then double-click on them to open Quicken and import. I've tested opening the files with Mny06 and it seems to work ok. So, will I be able to continue doing this even after the 2 years of online services expire? I don't seem to be using any of their services with what I do. Thanks very much. Yes, you will. you just won't get the msn updates like quotes and automatic downloads. "pl...

Money says my bank no longer provides online services for Money?
We bought a new laptop in April 2007, and Microsoft Money 2006, standard edition came with it so we decided to switch to use that for our money program. Everything has been fine until a week ago when I tried to update my bank account info- to see cleared transactions etc (from Washington Mutual), it says " this bank for brokerage no longer provides updates to money. You can update this account by typing in transactions" WHAT???? Here is what I have done- ANY help would be GREAT did online help with Gateway (our notebook is gateway) they said to do a system restore to a dat...