Change Account Setup

How do I change an account from "Online" to "Manual" for updates?
0
SEABEE1 (17)
1/21/2007 6:02:00 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

I did this recently by going to Tools - Internet Updates - Customize Updates,
and removing the password (i.e. just blanking it out) for the account in
question.  The first time it tries to update after you do this, Money gets
irritated that there's no password, and then you get the opportunity to tell
Money you don't want online updates for this account anymore.  (I use M05
btw).

--
Joaneee

"SEABEE" wrote:

> How do I change an account from "Online" to "Manual" for updates?
0
Joaneee (35)
1/21/2007 11:37:01 PM
I use Money 06 and this doesn't work.

"Joaneee" wrote:

> I did this recently by going to Tools - Internet Updates - Customize Updates,
> and removing the password (i.e. just blanking it out) for the account in
> question.  The first time it tries to update after you do this, Money gets
> irritated that there's no password, and then you get the opportunity to tell
> Money you don't want online updates for this account anymore.  (I use M05
> btw).
>
> --
> Joaneee
>

> "SEABEE" wrote:
>
> > How do I change an account from "Online" to "Manual" for updates?
0
SEABEE1 (17)
1/22/2007 3:21:00 AM
In microsoft.public.money, SEABEE wrote:

>I use Money 06 and this doesn't work.

AccountList->ManageOnlineServices. Click the account, and choose
StopUsingOnlineServices.

>"Joaneee" wrote:
>
>> I did this recently by going to Tools - Internet Updates - Customize Updates,
>> and removing the password (i.e. just blanking it out) for the account in
>> question.  The first time it tries to update after you do this, Money gets
>> irritated that there's no password, and then you get the opportunity to tell
>> Money you don't want online updates for this account anymore.  (I use M05
>> btw).
>>
>> --
>> Joaneee
>>

>> "SEABEE" wrote:
>>
>> > How do I change an account from "Online" to "Manual" for updates?
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
1/22/2007 6:06:45 AM
What about Money 2007?

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, SEABEE wrote:
>
> >I use Money 06 and this doesn't work.
>
> AccountList->ManageOnlineServices. Click the account, and choose
> StopUsingOnlineServices.
>

> >"Joaneee" wrote:
> >
> >> I did this recently by going to Tools - Internet Updates - Customize Updates,
> >> and removing the password (i.e. just blanking it out) for the account in
> >> question.  The first time it tries to update after you do this, Money gets
> >> irritated that there's no password, and then you get the opportunity to tell
> >> Money you don't want online updates for this account anymore.  (I use M05
> >> btw).
> >>
> >> --
> >> Joaneee

0
Lisa1 (290)
1/26/2007 1:27:03 AM
In microsoft.public.money, Lisa wrote:

>What about Money 2007?

What are you trying to accomplish and what did you do already that
did not accomplish that?

>"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, SEABEE wrote:
>>
>> >I use Money 06 and this doesn't work.
>>
>> AccountList->ManageOnlineServices. Click the account, and choose
>> StopUsingOnlineServices.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
1/26/2007 1:40:23 AM
The Account List says" Update Unsuccessful".  I click on "Manage Online
Services" which takes me the page where my accounts are listed.  The credit
card account that I want to have set up as a manual account, as there is no
online access, says " Complete setup for online services".  If I click on
that, it trys to initiate an online setup, which is not possible.  So I'm
right back where I started at..  Is there any other way to change an online
account to a manual account?

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Lisa wrote:
>
> >What about Money 2007?
>
> What are you trying to accomplish and what did you do already that
> did not accomplish that?

> >> AccountList->ManageOnlineServices. Click the account, and choose
> >> StopUsingOnlineServices.

0
SEABEE1 (17)
1/26/2007 5:51:00 PM
In microsoft.public.money, SEABEE wrote:

>The Account List says" Update Unsuccessful".  I click on "Manage Online
>Services" which takes me the page where my accounts are listed.

Then you click on the name of the account.

> The credit
>card account that I want to have set up as a manual account, as there is no
>online access, says " Complete setup for online services".

After you click on the name of the account, are there no other
choices other than "Complete setup for online services"?

>  If I click on
>that, it trys to initiate an online setup, which is not possible.  So I'm
>right back where I started at..  Is there any other way to change an online
>account to a manual account?
>
>"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, Lisa wrote:
>>
>> >What about Money 2007?
>>
>> What are you trying to accomplish and what did you do already that
>> did not accomplish that?

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
1/26/2007 6:23:25 PM
Not under MM06.  It goes right into the request for username and password.

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, SEABEE wrote:
>
> >The Account List says" Update Unsuccessful".  I click on "Manage Online
> >Services" which takes me the page where my accounts are listed.
>
> Then you click on the name of the account.
>
> > The credit
> >card account that I want to have set up as a manual account, as there is no
> >online access, says " Complete setup for online services".
>
> After you click on the name of the account, are there no other
> choices other than "Complete setup for online services"?
>

> >  If I click on
> >that, it trys to initiate an online setup, which is not possible.  So I'm
> >right back where I started at..  Is there any other way to change an online
> >account to a manual account?

> >> What are you trying to accomplish and what did you do already that
> >> did not accomplish that?

0
SEABEE1 (17)
1/26/2007 6:36:01 PM
In microsoft.public.money, SEABEE wrote:

>Not under MM06.  It goes right into the request for username and password.

See if you can right-click the account in the Account List, go to
settings, and blank out the Financial Institution.

Also, if you bought Microsoft Money retail, go to Help->About... and
write your serial number onto paper in case you want to contact
Microsoft support.

>"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, SEABEE wrote:
>>
>> >The Account List says" Update Unsuccessful".  I click on "Manage Online
>> >Services" which takes me the page where my accounts are listed.
>>
>> Then you click on the name of the account.
>>
>> > The credit
>> >card account that I want to have set up as a manual account, as there is no
>> >online access, says " Complete setup for online services".
>>
>> After you click on the name of the account, are there no other
>> choices other than "Complete setup for online services"?
>>

>> >  If I click on
>> >that, it trys to initiate an online setup, which is not possible.  So I'm
>> >right back where I started at..  Is there any other way to change an online
>> >account to a manual account?

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
1/26/2007 7:11:14 PM

On Jan 26, 1:36 pm, SEABEE <SEA...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Not under MM06.  It goes right into the request for username and password.

Click on Manage Online Services.  At the top of the left column, click
on "specify where accounts are held".
Select your account and click Move.  Select "not held at a bank".

Regards,
JB

0
johnbusc (409)

Change font/colours for text in field
tHi, Is it possible to format the text displayed in a field with another font or colour? /Lotten Yes, there are several ways, however, they aren't officially supported by Microsoft as customization points. All the CRM screens and their controls have corresponding cascading style sheets defined in the CRMWeb folder of your CRM installation. There is no central spot for these sheets, and they are distributed amongst the subfolders of this directory. This distribution is arranged by component function. You can add css attributes to color various components in these sheets. You can also...

How to: catch-all account and external domain forwarding
Any experience on doing the following: a) creating a recipient that receives all email with misspelled domain names. For example, a valid recepient name in my company is: joe.blow@mycomp.com An email is sent to joe@mycomp.com I'd like to capture this and send it to a dedicated "catch-all" email address (catchall@mycomp.com) that will be reviewed and messages forwarded accordingly. b) I have implemented forwarding using distribution groups. This works well when forwarding within my company's domain. I need to forward the email received by certain users to their personal emai...

Account list has incorrect amounts in MS 2004
Using Microsoft Money 2004, the dollar amounts on my "Account List" page do not match the dollar amounts on the individual account register. I saw this referenced as a problem over a year ago, but I never saw a resolution. I've tried the FileRepair, but that didn't work. Questions: How can I fix this? Is this a problem with the Money software or the file? If it's a problem with the money software, will the file work properly with MSM 2006? Thanks ...

Changed service account passwor
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C6F10D.15890D10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello I've got an old exchange 5.5 server running. I am in process of moving = to Exchange 2003. However I've still got keep this running for while. I had to change the service account password. I followed MS KB 157780 = article and was able to change the password successfully and everything = worked. Ever since I've changed the Exchange service account password, I keep = getting the foll...

Multiple search change calendar view
Hi Here's my problem : I go 2 calendar My view is day/week/month with preview When I do more than one search with the little search (not advanced) box, go to another folder then go back to calendar, view is changed to "active appointements". How can i prevent this ? Thanks Fred ...

Changing Collation
GP 9.0 SQL Server 2000 Business Portal 3.0 SharePoint Services (Using seperate MSDE database). The SQL Server 2000 default instance has just our GP Companies & Dynamics database. Currently they are using collation of Latin1_General_BIN. I have a need to change this to SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS. I attempted to run the appropriate ALTER command on our ZTEST (Test Company) database and recieved numerious erros relating to CK_.... I am assuming this has to do with Foriegn Key Constraints that would need to be dropped prior to chaning from a Case Sensitive collation to a Non Case Se...

Changing Serial Baud Rates
I've got a remote Bluetooth device that I'm trying to connect to, but its baud rate will be unknown when the application starts. There are only 5 baud rates that I can select from, so I can try each in succession until I get a response. What needs to be done on my end to change a baud rate? On HyperTerminal, whenever I change a baud rate in the settings, I have to close HyperTerminal and reopen it in order for those settings to take. Should my code disconnect/reconnect (i.e. CloseHandle/CreateFile), or is SetCommState all I need? Thanks for your help! ~Joe SetCommState wil...

Changing apostrophe to Kanji
When I reply to an email in rich text or plain text to someone who uses an asian language it will replace the apostrophe in a word with the Kanji symbol. Short of making sure all of my replies are in the HTML format what can I do to solve this problem? Thanks in advance - Shawn ...

Updating changed data transactionally
..NET 3.5 Hi, I have a series of dynamically generated textboxes. Each textbox represents a single row in a database (element based datastructure for non-standard data). I have successfully managed to update only changed textboxes on postback by handling the TextChanged event on each one. I now have a requirement to make these changes transactional and I can't see how to do it. I now want to handle the updates of all changed data in the click event of the Submit button, but I don't know how to access the TextChanged information from another event. can anyone help? ...

change color if text is = or not, to text in other column
I am taking practice tests. ColB contains text (the correct answers). ColC contains text (my practice answers). I want the cells in ColC to turn green if my answer is correct (matches the text in ColB) and turn red if it is incorrect (does not match the text in ColB). I can't figure out how to get it to apply Conditional Formating on the columns. It wants me to apply it to only a single cell. I've also tried copying and pasting special just the formatting. It turns the cells in ColC green if they match cell B2 (not the corresponding answer that is in the same row). Please ...

Publisher 2000/Frontapge 2000
I have completed a clean installation of Win XP (complete with all updates to date). I have then installed parts of MS Office 2000 - Photodraw, Publisher and Frontpage - not included in MS Office 2003 Standard, together with any related office updates. I then installed MS Office 2003 Standard. Finally, I created user accounts with limited access for the kids. All parts of Office 2003, Publisher 2000 and Frontpage 2000 work fine in the administrator account. However, in the limited user account the system attempts to reinstall the software whenever I try to start Publisher or Fron...

How do I change Letter case (lower to Upper) in a spreadsheet???
Please Help.... I cannot figure out how to change the text from lower to upper case. I have tried working with the formula suggested by MS but I cannot get it to work. I am sure I am missing something simple, any help is appreciated. Thanks. the formula would refer to another cell not the one you are in =upper(a1) to change the cell you are in you need a macro. Maybe this will help. Sub ChangeCase() 'Don Guillett Application.ScreenUpdating = False Dim r As Range nCase = UCase(InputBox("Enter U for UPPER" & Chr$(13) & " L for lower" & Chr$(13) &...

Change Password via OWA
I was reading Article ID 301428 regarding how to change your network password via Outlook Web Access for Exchange 2003. Would these changes also allow the administrator password to be changed this way? I know that I could just disable HTTP access for Administrator too. Are there any other drawbacks that anyone can provide by opening up this feature? Please let me know. Thanks! It would allow any user with HTTP(S) access to change their passwords, including the Administrator. If you decide to do this, make absolutely sure that you enable SSL. Otherwise, no pitfalls or drawbacks t...

Change overlap of 2 columns on 2 axes
I am trying to plot 2 columns of data on the same X-axis but on 2 Y-axis plots. But the columns are overlapping and I can't see one set of data. I don't want them stacked and changing the gap and overlap width doesn't seem to do anything. Suggestions? Hi, You need to add 2 dummy series to act as place holders. Example data set in range A1:E4 B1: =Left C1: =DumRight D1: =DumLeft E1:=Right A2: =One B2: =1 C2: =0 D2: =0 E2: =3 A3: =Two B3: =2 C3: =0 D3: =0 E3: =2 A4: =Four B4: =3 C4: =0 D4: =0 E4: =1 ...

Changing default font and size in either Word, Wordpad orboth
I used to be able to change the default settings for notepad. I can't seem to find where to do this in Word or Wordpad and I'm really annoyed always having to shift out of Arial #10 every single time I open a new doc - Any help would be very appreciated! -- Some people are like slinkies - not much good for anything, but they do bring a sile to one''s face when pushed down a flight of stairs:) As far as I know, there is no way to change the defaults in WordPad. However, since WordPad is a Windows accessory, you really should be asking in a Windows newsgroup. ...

Linking 2 separte company account in a GP system
Hi, I would like users to test out certain features of GP in a separate company account in the same Micosoft GP server. However, I do not want them to re-enter the same data to the exisitng company account (to save data entry time). I was wondering if there is a way I can update the one company account with data from another company account in the same GP system. Thks. 1.) Take note of the Registration keys for the mirror company (take note of the company name and regisration keys) (Tools -> Setup -> System -> Registration 2.) Backup the original, live database 3.) Restore t...

Item being recognized in multiple accounts
hello, I was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction with this requirement. We are currently looking to implement a new Chart of Accounts in GP and one of the requirements is that an item can be recognized against multiple accounts depending on some parameters (departments, function) of how it's sold. In our current configuration all of our items just hit one account. To support this I see two approaches ... either we dynamically construct the account the item has to hit on input and override the accounts in the transaction or we have multiple versions of the sam...

Change Full name format to First Last Middle ??
Hi, need to set the name format to First Last Middle but the CRM setting do not cater for that. can anyone assist in the setting? is it possible to add that option in? Thanks in advance On Feb 14, 1:25 pm, dreamerz <dream...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > need to set the name format to First Last Middle > but the CRM setting do not cater for that. > can anyone assist in the setting? > is it possible to add that option in? > > Thanks in advance Hi, i m someone working on MS CRM from its first version. if u need any help on MS CRM, u can contact me...

Add Custom Field to an Account
I am trying to add a custom field to an 'Account' and don't see it appearing after restarting IIS. Here's what I did: Clicked on Goto > Settings > Customization > Customize Entities > Account > Attributes > New (FYI this is a date field called Renewal Date). After saving and publishing, I then restarted IIS on the CRM box, but don;t see the new field in any part of the Account sections. Thoughts? Thanks You will have to go back to the view of the account and add that field to the form. You can test the view. If it looks ok, then you publish the chang...

Help: How to make the line changes default
I am using 2010 beta. How do I made my line changes the default for a style? I want to use a thick red line to underline passages and keep it that way always. Thanks, s Don't have the beta here right now but I think you can set the line and then right click > set line default -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "sam" wrote: > I am using 2010 beta. How do I made my line changes the default > for a style? I want to use a thick red line t...

How do I change office assistant in Excel 2002
How do I change office assistant in Excel 2002 Show the assistant, right click and select 'choose assistant' -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Adele" <Adele@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4A13539-D428-4B9D-8A81-339ECA10BDC4@mi...

Change Date By Macro or Code Leaving Only One Record
Hi, I have a table called RUNDATE which has only one record in the date which my whole program looks at as the running date. I would like to run a Macro on a form or a Code upon which once I press it that single date in that table to change to the next day, lets say from 3/5/07 to 4/5/07 to delete the previous record of the 3/5/07 and to be left only with one record with the new date in this case lets say 4/5/07. Much Appreciated make a query of this single record table field - and then put that query into your form as a subform.....you can keep it not visible if you wish......

Change Tab Colors in Excel 2000
Is it possible to change the tab colors in Excel 2000? I know this function is available in 2002. Bren Hi Bren, As I recall this was a new feature with XL2002. If you right click a sheet tab and do not see a Tab Color item then the sheet tab colour cannot be changed. Bernard "Bren" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03d801c3c9a4$4cd6f040$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to change the tab colors in Excel 2000? I > know this function is available in 2002. > > Bren Hi Bren! Can't be done in Excel 2000. This was the major impro...

Error Message 0x800CCC0E
Today, I downloaded some "critical updates" - one for IE 6.0, another for Office 2002 -- and suddenly, I am unable to connect to any of my HTTP accounts in Outlook 2002. I have deleted and re-established the accounts, shut computer down and then back on, shut down my cable modem connection for a minute then back on, etc. What's more confusing, I can access all these accounts directly through the web - e.g. my web connection is fine. I'm guessing it's a problem with the mail server or the Outlook client, but don't understand why it suddenly happened nor how to fix. ...

How to: consolidate separate sales/cogs accounts on income statement
Hello, I=92m just learning GP and don=92t know everything about it yet but I=92m trying to learn. My question is regarding consolidating separate sales/cogs accounts on an income statement. Let=92s say I=92m opening a book store and I=92d like to setup my item classes to represent different categories of books. For example, computer books, romance novels, magazines, etc. So in my item class setup I=92d like to have separate sales and cogs distribution accounts, i.e. sales computer books / cogs computer books, sales romance novels / cogs romance novels, etc. This way I can track my margins p...