Category Groups #5

I think I understand setting up categories and
subcategories.  However, as part of the process, you have
assign each category to a Category Group.  How do you set
up/modify the various Category Groups?
Thanx,
CB
0
anonymous (74722)
3/7/2004 5:11:58 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Charlie Brown wrote:

>I think I understand setting up categories and
>subcategories.  However, as part of the process, you have
>assign each category to a Category Group.  How do you set
>up/modify the various Category Groups?

See FAQ available at http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/ for information.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)

use continouse paper size 5.5X8.5 inchs for invoice
hi i have transfered from old pos system to MS RMS ,i have too much invoice paper size 5.5 X 8.5 inchs i do not want to descard it,is any invice templete that work on this paper size. best reqards ...

Control Access to groups of contacts
I have a client who wants to have a master contact list so he can see the entire list. He has a handful of clients who will need to be able to view overlapping subsets of those contacts, but should not be able to view the entire list. Can access control be applied at this granularity? User Attributes or other Security groups are acceptible components of this access control. For instance, UserA needs to see contacts 1, 3 and 5 UserB needs to see contacts 1, 2, and 3 UserC needs to see contacts 2, 4, and 5 UserD needs to see contacts 1, 3, 4, and 5 ...

Invoice designer #5
I am using Small Business 2005 and I am trying to change some of the invoice designs. I do manage to save them, but my problem is that the text boxes and labels starts "jumping" around when I try to resize or move them. Sometimes it works fine, but other times the boxes resizes or moves in a matter that I can not control. Any tips for this problem With all the cool products that Microsoft has, their invoice designer is the biggest piece of puke ever. Microsoft Word 1.0 was more friendly than the invoice designer. As is publisher and access and so on.... "japasu" wr...

As in GP ver7.5 allow the removal of the SQL user integration
Ver 10 of GP enrypts the user password in such a way that the user can't login using their profile to any other SQL process. Ver 7.5 allowed the detaching of this encryption facility in GP. Removing this ability is a backward step. The ability to detach the GP to SQL user integration should be reinstated. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion i...

Hide "Grouped" Controls
Hi Folks - I have 15 controls (labels, text boxes and lines) that I would like to hide for a certain set of criteria. I know I can set each control's visible property to false, but I'm wondering if there is a way to 'group' the controls together, then just hide the group. Any ideas? Thanks. Michael You can use the TAG property and give each of the controls you want to show/hide the same tag. Then you can loop through the controls, check the tag value and show or hide that way. 'UNTESTED AIRCODE (with no error handling) Private Sub sShowStuff(Optional tfShow as ...

How would I do this?
I'm designing a database using ORM in Visio. I'm stuck on what seems like an easy problem but which has stumped me. I have a Category object Category CatId (primary) ParentCategoryId (zero for root) Name Level I also want each Category to have zero or many Related categories. A category cannot be related to itself. so I created RelatedCategory with 2 facts connected to category Facts 1 Each RelatedCategory has Exactly One Category Each Category has Zero or One Relatedcategory Facts 2 (identical to fact 1) Each RelatedCategory has Exactly One Category Each Category has Z...

Payroll Posting Accounts #5
v9.0 / SQL2000 When you have the payroll posting accounts set up, how does GP know where to post transactions to, if only 2 of the 3 segments match? We have our accounts set up according to the following examples: ACCOUNTING > ACCOUNTING > SALARY ACCOUNTING > ALL > SALARY ALL > ACCOUNTING > ALL ALL > ALL > ALL Say if an employee had a transaction, and only the first 2 of the 3 segments match (ACCOUNTING > ACCOUNTING) Where would GP post the transaction amounts ? ...

5.5 server move
Just in the process of working my way through the Ed Crowley server move FAQ off swinc. Been hit by brain fade though. Created the replicas of the public folders to the new server and from the exchange server admin program can see that they are being used instead of the ones on the original server. The bit thats causing brain fade is how do i delete the replicas from the old server? Done this once b4 but was over 2 years ago and have slept since then/got a kiddie/bought a big fast bike any clues most appreciated -- Robb '97 Firestorm I am assuming you are using 5.5 to remove the repli...

Exchange 5.5 and Public Contact Folder
We have a public folder that contains contact items. We'd like to know who creates each contact in the folder. Is there anyway to see who created an item in there? thanks if you change the view on the folder and add the "from" field, you should be able to see... "Steve" <sschmeg@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OVaz%23mnxEHA.2752@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > We have a public folder that contains contact items. We'd like to know who > creates each contact in the folder. Is there anyway to see who created an > item in there? > > thanks > >...

5.5 uninstall after 2k3 upgrade
After migration from 5.5 to 2003. I went to the 5.5 box, put the cd in and unistalled. It is still showing in 2k3 system manger and now im getting errors in app log from ldap, ad connector looking for the old box. Do i need to reinstall 5.5 on my old box and use 5.5 admin to delete? I installed 5.5 admin on my new 2k3 box but dont know where how to use. I am 5.5 newbie..only know 2k3 There are a number of steps to take prior to decomissioning a 5.5 server in your type of upgrade/migration. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/Ex2k3DepGuide/d91c2065-99af-405...

OWA 5.5 to Exchange 2003 Server
I've customized OWA 5.5 to emulate the custom message form we use in OL. This doenst appear to be as doable in OWA 2003. Is there a way to run OWA 5.5 against the EX2003 server? On a clone of the old OWA 5.5 sever I've tried modifying the org, site, and server entries under the MSExchangeWEB\Parameters entries to point to the EX2003 server but I get "The Microsoft Exchange server is down or the HTTP service has been disabled...". Originally I tried it when I tried migrating and I thought it worked, but now I loaded EX2003 from scratch and subsequently it doesnt. If I ...

Renaming recipeint exchange 5.5
I renamed an old recipeint account so the new employee could still have access to their old email. The directory name is still the name of the old employee. Is there a way to get that to match with the new name? Thanks again, Aaron Neunz "Aaron Neunz" <apn@rrbiznet.com> wrote: >I renamed an old recipeint account so the new employee could still have >access to their old email. The directory name is still the name of the old >employee. Is there a way to get that to match with the new name? > >Thanks again, >Aaron Neunz > No. There's no need either...

Moving Unix aliases to Exchange 5.5
Is there a way to emulate the unix aliases on exchange? By Unix aliases do you mean multiple email addresses? Nue "pcgirl" <pcgirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8521D3E6-2F11-408E-863B-A9911850D19A@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to emulate the unix aliases on exchange? ...

Unread Messages #5
Hello. For a few days now I've been having trouble with the view in the "unread messages" folder (I am using OL2003 in German so I don't know if unread messages is the correct name here, but it's the folder with the magnifying glass on the icon in the list of the favorite folders. Furthermore I'd like to apologize for my poor English). Usually I let Outlook show me all unread messages sorted by folders there, but when I view the "unread messages" now, all folders therein are "collapsed", therefor only the names of the folders are shown and ...

Moving CRM from one server to another error at step 5
I've only got one server on the network. I wanted to reinstall it from scratch as when CRM was installed Exchange had not been and is coming up with a corrupt metabase if I try to install. The server has 2 disks mirrored, so I've broken the mirror and now have the old installation on one disk and a brand new install on the other. The machine name, domain name etc are identical. I've gone through the redeployment guide, but on step 5 the process bombs with a series of errors: 06/14/2005 15:39:44 Backup BusinessUnitBase table. 06/14/2005 15:39:45 Could not use view or function...

Operation failed error appears when assigning a category
the following error "operation failed" appears intermittently when attempting to assign a category to items in a group mailbox. Rebooting the pc sometimes fixes this but now it doesnt - how can I fix this issue? Thanking you in advance Version of Outlook? Version of Exchange? Owner permissions???? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, jc2007 asked: | the following error "operation failed" a...

macro #5
i want to make a macro record saving a file but it has to be differnet name file on the sheet. example if i change the name on the cell the save got to be the same name too when i click on save the macro would be asign to a picture. try activeworkbook.SaveAs Filename:=range("a1") "guest" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:047f01c39a78$28ce7d40$a301280a@phx.gbl... > i want to make a macro record saving a file but it has to > be differnet name file on the sheet. example if i change > the name on the cell the save got to be the s...

graphs #5
I have a graph that contains over 60 products being graphed. When the graph is completed it is all a big mess you cant see what is what - please help In article <41EC72A8-36FA-4381-9FCB-C2647D7D54E4@microsoft.com>, Shari@discussions.microsoft.com says... > I have a graph that contains over 60 products being graphed. When the graph > is completed it is all a big mess you cant see what is what - please help > Help with what? What do you expect someone to suggest? The only things that come to mind are: (1) Increase the size of the chart (2) Reduce the amount of informati...

How to copy block of cells and keep grouping?
I have about a 150 by 30 block of cells. About every 5 cells are grouped together, making it significantly smaller. when you click the "-" to have them contract. I will take me days to go through and make all the groups again if I want to make the same block on the same worksheet. Is there a way to copy a block of cells and include the grouping? Thanks -- dstock ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dstock's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24225 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthre...

Is it OK to assign permissions to a group during ForestPrep of an E2K3 upgrade?
Hello, We're about to start an upgrade from E2K to E2K3. During the E2K3 ForestPrep, we want to select a newly-created group to assign Exchange full admin permissions to instead of an individual user; however, during our previous E2K ForestPrep a few years ago, we only selected an individual user. Could there be any conflicts in now giving Exchange admin permissions to a new group instead of the same individual user as before? Sorry if it appears to be a silly question but I'm paranoid. Thanks, - Alan. On 27 Oct 2006 05:35:52 -0700, "Alan" <bruguy@gmail.com> wro...

Printing Labels #5
Can you use a roll of labels with MS Office? Specifically, can you rip off 6 labels, which would be approximately half a piece of paper, and feed it through a printer, while using MS Publisher or MS Word? You probably can, it will take some effort to setup the page correctly. Merging would be questionable. In page setup, select custom, input the label width and length plus one label more for the margin. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "LACE" <LACE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52...

Change receiving email for microsoft.public.access.gettingstarted group
I am retiring 2/26/10 and I need to change the receiving email for this and other groups to my home email address. I went to two places that I thought would take care of it but the one place wouldn't let me put in another email address. I believe I could only change the sign- on name. THe other place said I couldn't add a gmail address because the group couldn't go to a gmail address. Please help!! Thanks ...

cannot delete recovery storage group
I get the following error when I try to delete a database in the recovery storage group. One or more users currently use this mailbox store. These users must be moved to a different mailbox store or be mail disabled before deleting this store. ID no: c1034a7f Exchange System Manager Why would I get this message? All the mailboxes in this database are in the disconnected state and they are not the real mailboxes that the users are using. thanks for the help Kevin hmmm...that's weird...have you done a search in AD for any user who might have the store in the RSG listed as their ...

Lookup #5
I am trying to label my bank info that I import into Excel. I have a column with the charge amount and a column with the recipient. I think a lookup table would work for this, but I need to have it check for wildcards. For example, the grocery chain is numbered here, so one might be GROCER 5454 and one may be GROCER 8724, so I need the function to look for GROCER*, right? Also, if it does not fit any category, how can I get it to use "Other"? Do I make that one just "*"? Mine is not working very well. Maybe my syntax is wrong. Any ideas? TIA ...

Upgrade 6.0->7.5->8.0 with PA
I am conducting a test upgrade from 6.0 to 8.0 through 7.5 with Project Accounting on a test server. The PA conversion to 7.5 took about 11 hours which is manageable but the conversion to 8.0 has already taken 3 days! and is still running. It has spent most of the time on one particular task and I wondered if anyone else has experienced this and if there is any way to improve the situation. All I can see from SQL Profiler is that the auto-procedure zDP_RM00401SS_1 is being called for each row of that table in turn sometimes many times for the same row. There are about 28000 rows and I&...