Cash withdrawal used a christmas money

Hello,

I want to take some cash say 300.00 dollars and put 170.00 dollars away for
Christmas and use the rest for misc expense.
What is the best way to handle this in Money Plus?

Thanks

Frank

0
farocco (73)
9/21/2008 3:39:36 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Frank wrote:

> I want to take some cash say 300.00 dollars and put 170.00 dollars
> away for Christmas and use the rest for misc expense.  What is the
> best way to handle this in Money Plus?

 * Open a checking account at the bank.
 * Make a $300 withdrawal from your checking account.
 * Deposit $170 in the checking account; put $130 in your pocket.

 * Create a savings account in Money to match the one at the bank.
 * Enter a transaction in your checking account.
 * Use the Split feature to create a $170 _transfer_ to the new savings
account; set the category on the other $130 to Miscellaneous.

--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement

Who has the best deal for Money Plus 2008?
Hi, Who has the best deal for Money Plus Deluxe / Premium versions? I cannot see Money Plus at Costco anymore. Thanks. I've never seen it at Sam's either, which seems unusual. Since I'm on version 2006, I'm hoping 2009 will be a good one. "--" wrote: > Hi, > Who has the best deal for Money Plus Deluxe / Premium versions? I cannot > see Money Plus at Costco anymore. > Thanks. > > > On Oct 8, 12:12?pm, ameridan <ameri...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I've never seen it at Sam's either, which seems unusual. Si...

My computer is using all capitals. What do I do?
My computer is using all capitals. How can I restore the type to normal What specific programs are using all capitals? (Obviously your browser isn't affected.) If it's just in Word, maybe the default paragraph in your Normal.dot template has been formatted with the All Caps character format. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/BlankDocNotBlank.htm for ways to remove it. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 15:2...

Adjustmant To VBA using AdvancedFilter
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0124_01C35208.FC27F940 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Good evening All I am hoping that someone will be able to help with this. I have some small VBA code (shown below), which applies to the following = example of a data set: Worksheet "Invoice Record" A B C =20 1 M100 152.34 03 2 M101 100.02 NP 3 M100 250.65 02 4 M100 565.52 01 5 M102 745.87 NP 6 ...

Non-cash gifts
A question about non-cash gifts..... Say you have used Money for a long time and have entered all of your stock purchases. Now, you wish to give some of those shares to a foundation for charity contribution. What kind of entries do you make to keep the Money program from recording capital gains and messing up your tax computation, while at the same time, removing the appropriate shares from your portfolio at the right cost? Thanks, Levi ...

Money 2002 Deluxe
Have been using Money 2002 for some time on my HP PC. Now, when the system Home Page is open, I can not access 'Portfolio'. Also, when 'performance by investment account or investment type' are opened under 'reports', only 'all accounts' can be opened and when I 'go to report' the report page appears to open, but the wording "loading" appears in the center of page and the system goes no farther to complete the page. Have not been able to get the system out of or through this lock-up. Looking for suggestions. Thanks. ...

Automatic reply using Rules does not put the message in the reply email
I am trying to send an automated message in Outlook 2000 to every email that comes in that satisfies a certain set of criteria. These criteria I have captured in a Rule. I have created a template (.OFT file) which contains the text I want the message to contain. I have put this OFT template file into the above Rule. Here's the problem: the Rule is executed OK when the message comes in, it assembles a reply message (supposedly using the OFT file), and places it in the Outbox. However the message does not contain any text in the body. Any idea why the text I put in the OFT file doesn&#...

Using Access or Excel for a datebase ???
I know i would use Access for a datebase but i need to know the advantages of using Excel for a datebase and is there any other program that i could use. ...

Money could not verify your sign-in information
[I would have sworn I read some posts on this subject a while back, but I could not find them. Sorry if this is a repeat.] I began receiving the message in the Subject of this post a week or so ago. Nothing had (or has) changed about the sign-in information. I can still log in to my hotmail account using the same email address and password that's stored in my Money file. I tried removing the LiveID, then recreating it; didn't help. I tried both types of repair on the file; didn't help. I get the same message if I create a brand new Money file and attempt to create a Li...

Data transfer from Money 2000 Professional , italian version.
I have been using Money 2000 Professional,italian version, for many years. I recently bought Money Small Business 2005, but I can't open the previous Money 2000 files. I get a message that the old file has been made with an incompatible version. The operating system is Windows 2000 Professional, italian version. What can I do? -- Sandra In microsoft.public.money, Sandra wrote: >I have been using Money 2000 Professional,italian version, for many years. >I recently bought Money Small Business 2005, but I can't open the previous >Money 2000 files. >I get a message that th...

Money 2007 deluxe trial version
Can anyone tell me if the trial version allows downloading bank accounts? Thanks. -- Bilgeratt Yup, someone can tell you. Oh and yup, it does. "bilgeratt" <bilgeratt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91B1F32C-9B43-40CD-870C-E5907657C8B1@microsoft.com... > Can anyone tell me if the trial version allows downloading bank accounts? It is alleged that bilgeratt claimed: > Can anyone tell me if the trial version allows downloading bank accounts? Yes. -- Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org The from userid is killfiled...

Money 2003 AutoBudget = 0
I have been using money for 6 years and Money 2003 for almost a year. I have been doing budget differently, but just wanted to switch to the "standard" way of doing it. So, I created a new budget and selected AutoBudget. I have some income categories selected that I know have amounts in them. The AutoBudget creates those categories, but they have all zeroes in them. What gives? Perhaps they're at a frequency or amount that Money assumes that they're one-time entries. -- "Randy Given" <GivenRandy@aol.com> wrote in message news:dM87b.49284$Zw4.48583@lakere...

Money 2007 Savings and Spending Budget
I am using the new Savings and Spending Budget in Money 2007. Is there some way to add or rename a budget group? It looks like you can only change the planned % of income and move categories between the existing groups. Since you are the first person to come here and admit to using the new budget toy, I'm not sure how much help we can be. If the past is any indication, the Category Groups are what they are. The new toy budget may well be as inflexible as you report. .. "Brook Buchanan" <BrookBuchanan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:749F171E-31E0-...

Money 2000 Standard
I get this error when trying to access any accounts. What gives? In microsoft.public.money, Al wrote: >I get this error when trying to access any accounts. What >gives? What is the actual error message? >-----Original Message----- >In microsoft.public.money, Al wrote: > >>I get this error when trying to access any accounts. What >>gives? > >What is the actual error message? > > >Thanks for your reply. The message reads: "Not enough memory is available. If you have several applications open at the same time, you might need to clos...

Money '03 D&B Archiving and Speed
After 6 months of daily receipts and payables, my Dell 2650 1.3Ghz laptop w/356Mb RAM takes 10-15 secs per entry. Once past login, W2000 Pro Task Manger will show CPU at 100% for 5-7 minutes before dropping under 5% with nothing else open except Outlook. Backup file is about 2.7Mb. Hard drive has over 5Gb free. Archiving 3 months didn't make a dent in speed and wiped out YTD financial reporting so struggling with speed until better solution. Might there be a memory setting I've overlooked? Any suggestions? if you haven'e already .....delete cookies....remove unused file...

OWA can be use and sometimes could not
Hi to proffesionals I have Exchange 2003 on Win 2003 Active Directory Domain. Some users can use OWA sometimes, and other users could not use OWA partly time. Why does this happen? Regards, B.Majidi In news:u2YBFh8NHHA.320@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl, Babak Majidi <b_majidi@yahoo.co.uk> typed: > Hi to proffesionals > I have Exchange 2003 on Win 2003 Active Directory Domain. > Some users can use OWA sometimes, and other users could not use OWA > partly time. > Why does this happen? > > Regards, > B.Majidi It's impossible to say with so little information - you h...

Using the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility for Office installation
Windows XP Professional, ver 2002, (9.0.6926) SP2 NTFS Office 2000 Professional SP3 Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11 128 bit cipher strength I'm using Shenan Stanley's cleanup procedures, prepping for install of Windows XP SP3. Confirm answers regarding instructions for using the Windows Installer CleanupUtility to remove Office 2000, Office XP or Office 2003. (1) Right now, I'm running Office 2000 Professional SP3. I know Microsoft article 290301 says the Installer Cleanup Utility it is not going to remove the actual Office program; it is only going to remove ...

Problem receiving e-mail using Outlook XP SP 3 on Win XP SP2 Machi
I have many users having issues with not receiving new e-mail until they "tickle" their Outlook by switching views. Additionally they sometimes see items staying in their Outbox even though the item is in fact delivered to the recipient. I tried both of the following KB articles. One did not help, the other one using the regedt32.exe did not have a key for 9.0, only 10.0 and 8.0. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I've been troubleshooting this for 2 weeks now. Thanks, Anne Altman http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304849 or http://support.mi...

restoring backup on newer version of Money
I'm having difficulties to restore data from backup file - Microsoft Money 2000 to Microsoft Money Delux & Business (2003). I'm getting message; MONEY CANNOT OPEN THIS FILE BECAUSE IT WAS CREATED BY AN INCOMPATIBLE VERSION. Is this possible??? God help us with such Delux software. Mike In microsoft.public.money, Michael wrote: >I'm having difficulties to restore data from backup file - > Microsoft Money 2000 to Microsoft Money Delux & Business >(2003). I'm getting message; >MONEY CANNOT OPEN THIS FILE BECAUSE IT WAS CREATED BY AN >INCOMPATIBL...

How do I use the connection string to connect to a table on the database that I am working on.
I have two related tables. and one form of which one of the tables is a subform and i want to write the data on the subform to a textfile. I used this code to connect to the table but because I have already opened the MDB. I get the error that the file is already openned. objConn.CursorLocation = adUseClient objConn.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _ "Data Source=C:\Documents and Settings\exds006\Desktop\Electronic LIV;" & "Persist Security Info=False" objConn.Open Is there another way of accessing th...

Microsoft Money #9
It appears to me that Microsoft develops great Systems and programmes that have the potential to be absolute. However, my single gripe, and thus this suggestion. The US Tax System is far more complicated than most of the rest of the World. We see in Money 2006 that we can adjust Tax thresholds and rates to suit, by using the "Custom" selection. Why don't Microsoft also include a sub-routine that allows us to re-classify the Tax form definition, and allocate specific categories according to their taxability or otherwise. We don't use Schedul C or 401K in the real world...

Unassigned Splits
Expenses that I categorize show up as unassigned in the Transactions with Multiple Categories screen. When I click on the amount it will transfer the amount to the sum of splits total. I click done and then ok on the edit transaction menu. But it doesn't save this assignment. When I bring up the transaction again it does the same thing. These items show up with sub-totals in my Income & Expense report (which I don't want) and have "Unassigned" listed by the category in the Transactions by Category report. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I'm hav...

Money 2003 Reports issue
I'm preparing to pay Sales Tax collected from my customers for the third quarter. I invoiced a customer in Aug. but I received payment from them in Oct. The Sales Tax Collected report for the third quarter correctly does not show that sale in Aug. But the Sales Report does. I don't want Money to report a sale until it has been collected, not when it has been invoiced. How do I do that? Thank you, Rich ...

MS Money Deluxe 2005 is disappointment
I am in the process of spending hours/days trying to unwind the 20005 upgrade back to 2004. I am doing this because Money 2005 automatically downloads activity I had previousely documented in seperate 2004 Money Files. There is no way to prevent it if the on-line log on is the same for both Money Files in Money 2005. Even after I've closed the relevalnt accounts in each File profile, the downloads continue. I will not buy any further MS Money upgrades. Why the problem going back? Simply uninstall M2005 and reinstall M2004 and restore the backup file that was created when you u...

money 2007 vs. providian ? please help
money wont retrieve info from providian. if i look up providian in the ms money compatibility link as posted by others I get 'direct services' what gives any help? In microsoft.public.money, newby wrote: >money wont retrieve info from providian. > >if i look up providian in the ms money compatibility link as posted by >others I get 'direct services' I don't think so. It looks like "third party". > >what gives > >any help? ...

Cannot activate Money Plus on Windows 7 x64
I am trying to activate Money Plus (2008) Home & Business on Windows 7 x64 RTM. Money installed and functions without a problem with no special settings. But when I try to activate it, no matter what I do it always fails with an error stating that it cannot connect to the Internet and Error: -1. I have disabled firewall, defender, ran as administrator and all other options I have can find posted in MS articles but nothing works. How do I get this to activate? Thanks in advance. In microsoft.public.money, CST wrote: >I am trying to activate Money Plus (2008) Home & Business ...