Car loan = downpayment and monthly payments in essential bidget

car purchase price $18,000
downpayment = $2,000
Car loan $16,000
Essential budget
Car asset account "Chevy" set up ok
car loan citibank setup ok

1) what is correct category for check issued for downpayment? At present I
have it as Transfer: Chevy, but on the Chevy account setttings I have to
indicate purchase price as $16,000 (not the $18,000 it cost). Is that correct
or should I indicate some other category for the downpayment?

2) Citibank loan setup ok, and each payment show up as category "Loan
Payment : Chevy car loan", but I can't make this categgory appear in
Essential budget so each payment is considered in my monthly budget.

what have I missed??
TIA
0
Bob4289 (354)
11/11/2007 10:04:00 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

"Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> but I can't make this categgory appear in Essential budget...
>
> what have I missed??

What you've missed is the frequent recommendations on this forum to
ditch Essentials in favor of Deluxe. I doubt Essentials will do what
you hope.
--
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL

0
spam_magnet (1210)

Schedule Payments
My predecessor set up a scheduled payment at a customer site, and they do not use it (I personally was never a fan of scheduled payments). The payment shows on the vendor inquiry and is affecting the selecting of checks for this vendor--any idea how to get rid of? I have gone into the scheduled payment window to delete/void and it is not an option. Thanks. Andrea, This was taken from the Great Plains website: Currently there is not a way to void the Payment Schedule, as the schedule itself is not a Payment, Credit Memo, or Return (and so has no appreciable effect on the Payables Man...

add hours flown last 12 months
i'd like to add the total hours flown the last 12 months(sheet: totals) counting from the last entry (sheet: logbook). See attachement.. Attachment filename: logbook.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=62816 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi not really sure which column you want to sum (looking briefly at your attachment). You may try to explain your problem in plain text (most people won't open an attachment) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > i'd like to add the total hours flo...

Calculate Gestational Age based on months and weeks
Hi, SO I want to make a pregnancy wheel: (LMP(Date) - 3months, +7d)= Estimated Date of Delivery (it also has to advance to the next year if >April. Also, I want to be able to automaticallt update the current Gestational age(#weeks/days since LMP to current date) based on today's date and the LMP. I found this code online at a website that calculates Gestational age in online calculator. Can it be converted for use in access? Thanks! <script> // current equation code function PregDates() { var lmpid = $("#lmp").val(); var ddid = $("#duedate...

sumif column of month are the same
a b c d 1 2 12-Jul-08 Sat 2.5 3 20-Jul-08 Sun 9 4 29-Jul-08 Tue 4 5 25-Aug-08 Mon 1.75 6 27-Aug-08 Wed 9.5 7 02-Sep-08 Tue 9.5 8 03-Sep-08 Wed 3.5 9 08-Sep-08 Mon 6 10 14-Sep-08 Sun 9.25 11 15-Sep-08 Mon 1.25 12 19-Sep-08 Fri 5.5 I try to sum the value if the month is the same but fail, Using cell d2 =IF(MONTH(a2)=MONTH(a1),SUMIF(a:a,MONTH(a2),c:c),"") and copy all way down =SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(A2:A1000)=MONTH(A2)),C2:C1000) -- R...

Grouped/Sorted Report by Month
I have a fairly simple access database. I've created a report grouped by Category and Month... with a total per month. My problem is that the months with no total don't show on the report. Is there a way to make the month show with a zero total? ie. January - 24 orders February - 30 orders March - 0 orders April - 28 orders ********This is what I'd like to see ... each month listed. Currently, March doesn't show at all on my report. Any help would be appreciated. SCS wrote: >I have a fairly simple access database. I've create...

Changing 'volume' and 'issue' numbers in monthly publications
A previous post suggested saving the current newsletter as 'publisher template' then entering the new information. However, when I do this Publisher does not update the 'issue' number. How do I accomplish this without starting from scratch each month and even then, get the 'volume' and 'issue' numbers to automatically update or change them manually? -- Midge How would the program know what system you use for the designations? Do it manually. You only have to change it on the cover. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Midge" <Mi...

Multiple exchange rate per payment
We need the facility to have a different echange rate per payment rather than per batch. e.g. 2 payments in USD at different rates in the same batch. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrows...

Pivot Table
Hi All I have a list of tasks, task start / finish date and costs. Here's an extract Start End Cos Refine Work Plan 03/15/04 03/26/04 500 Define Project 03/22/04 03/22/04 50 Issue Plan 03/23/04 03/24/04 100 Risk Management Plan 03/25/04 03/26/04 100 CM Plan 03/26/04 03/26/04 50 P / M Standards 03/29/04 03/29/04 50 Create Quality Plan 03/30/04 04/02/04 200 Management Strategy 04/02/04 04/02/04 50 Software Requirements 04/05/04 04/05/04 50 Question: I want to create a pivot table with the tasks on the left and cost as the data. However, I want to capture the data by month. ...

Don't Break Up Account Payments
When payments are applied at one store to A/R's from different stores the payment is broken up by store, and the payments "pieces" can even have different dates on them. Some of my client's customer have been either confused or angry because the pieces can be on different statements, and it looks like they're being shortchanged. What I'm basically asking is that account payments are listed on statements as a full payment and not be broken up. Thanks, Matt ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with...

First Day of the month 03-25-10
Does anyone know how to have excel look at a cell that has a date that is formatted as xx/xx/xxxx (E.g. Cell A2 = 01/16/2007) and show the date as 01/01/2007 in B2, another words view as date as first day of the month. In B2: =DATE(YEAR(A2),MONTH(A2),1) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 "Jen_T" wrote: > Does anyone know how to have excel look at a cell that has a date that is > formatted as xx/xx/xxxx (E.g. Cell A2 = 01/16/2007) and show the date as > 01/01/2007 in B2, another words view as date as first day of the month. On Thu, 25 Mar 20...

PM Payment Runs
In GP9 you needed to do a EFT payment run before the Cheque payment run in order that your EFT creditors would be paid by this method. This changed in GP10 where EFT creditors are not selected on the Cheque payment run. Is there an easy way of getting EFT creditors picked up on the Cheque payment run (apart from switching off EFT in Company Setup)? This became an issue for a customer who needed to pay some of their suppliers but the people who can authorise the EFT run were not available but the people who could authorise the cheque run were. ...

How to add new payment terms
Hi all, I would appreciate if someone kindly gives me information of how to change, add, or edit payment terms in Money 2004 small business, such as adding net 90 days term Many thanks in advanced. ...

All about Car Hire Rome
http://www.jy85.com/car-hire/car-hire-rome.htm Car hire Rome using the best service providers in over 3.500 locations, find car hire in Rome with Carhireairport.com, offering cheap prices in Rome and throughout Europe. Book your Rome car hire online today, book your low cost hire for Rome securely online. Carhireairport.com guarantee a low cost, high quality service. ...

Microsoft Money Essentials Review
I had a chance to take a look at Money Essentials, and for those who want simpler software that will still adequately manage personal finances, Essentials look like it would do the job. One caveat though: it won't import data files from other version of Money or from Quicken. But creating accounts was really quick and easy, so one could download a good deal of transactions and not be completely recreating the wheel. Money Essentials is also going to be great for those who are new to managing personal finances with software. I think I'll buy it for my mother! Any way, here is my r...

Debt Reduction Planner bug creates unrealistic payment in first month
I've had this bug for about 3 or 4 versions now and it is really annoying because I can't use the debt reduction planner for any amounts other than zero. The problem is on the page where you can define the payment plan by an amount that you want to pay every month. If I enter zero here, then go to the next page and view the plan, then it correctly shows the minimum monthly payments for each account. If I then enter some value more than the minimum payment, then go to the next screen, the first month shows a very large payment, typically around $20k - $25k, then the remaining ...

Voiding a Credit Card Payment in Version 10.0.
This is strange but here is what is happening. Customer entered an invoice for $200.00. After posting he decided to pay it by credit card. He created a manual payment and pays it with a credit card attached to a Vendor. At this point the Supplier is owed nothing and the credit card Vendor is owed $200.00. All is well. The GL shows an entry to the payables of $200.00 for the original invoice and an in and out for the Credit card payment. The Customer then decides to void the manual payment. When he does that the invoice is returned as outstanding to the original Vendor but the $200.00 owi...

Monthly budget report shows debt that isn't anywhere else
If I run reports>Monthly Budget, I show an expense under the DEBT category that is not anywhere in my budget. By this, I mean if I go to the budget planner and edit the current budget, the debt is not there. If I look in Bills & Deposits, it is not there. If I re-open all my closed debt accounts, put them into the debt planner, then go to tools>options>planner and select "reset debt plan", the expense Still shows up I think I've covered all the bases of most posts I've read, so if anyone can give me some ideas It would certainly help out. ...

Can't print a monthly calendar

Loan Settings
I just bought a new home, and created a new mortgage account (and asset) in MS Money Plus Deluxe. When I created the account, I used the "Just track the total value" setting, since I was going to manage the P&I, insurance, etc. amounts via a recurring entry, updated monthly based on actuals. Didn't see a need to have Money calculating this every month (and pestering me about whether I wanted to change future transactions!). Now, however, when trying to update my Lifetime Planner, the planner doesn't recognize the loan. I assume because there are no calculated ...

If(And(Month() Issue
I am trying to do a simple task of labeling a row as Q1,Q2,Q3 or Q4 based on the month value of an existing date. I am using the following IF(AND function but get an error statement which I cannot resolve. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks. =if(and(month(A2)>=1,<=3,"QTR1",if(and(month(A2)>=4,<=6,"QTR2",if(and(A2)>=7,<=9,"QTR3","QTR4"))) =if(and(month(A2)>=1,month(A2)<=3)," etc -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Mike" <mhickey@healthfirst.org> wrote in message news:1154616859.9394...

Add Payment Terms to SOP Window
I am trying to bring in a Customer's Payment Terms into the main SOP window. Our counter people often forget to check the terms (since it is on an alternate window) and we would like to put it on the main screen. I have tried bringing that field in, but it is not linking to the Customer Card. Any help would be appreciated. You can do it with Modifier/VBA - do you have that module? "Beth" wrote: > I am trying to bring in a Customer's Payment Terms into the main SOP window. > Our counter people often forget to check the terms (since it is on an > alternate ...

Carry extra $ over to next month?
I'm using Money Deluxe '07 (Advanced Budget) and am new to the software. Let's say my Dining Out budget is $100/mo & I only spent $80. Is there a way to carry the extra $20 over to the following month in the same category (either automatic or manually)? Basically I'm trying to figure out how to keep track of extra money without "losing" it in my bank account. Thanks in advance. ...

Money 2002 crashes on monthly reports
Just recently my Money 2002 has started to crash whenever I invoke montly reports for specific months. Some of those months have worked before. I don't get any error messages at all. Money just starts generating the report, briefly shows the progress bar than just crashes. Does anybody have any idea how to fix this? Thanks, Heiko. Without it giving you an error message, it might be difficult to track down (dr watson might help), but take a look at these two monthly report KB entries http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321354&Product=mny http://support.micr...

M Money payment date reset issues
If I have a bill set up to pay by some date, it is almost impossible for me to reset the date once the time has slipped past the amount of time the program thinks it has to pay the bill. I have tried everything! In most cases, I just delete the entire series, and even then the program "remembers" the old series pay date and refuses to accept the electronic pay. I have even resorted to a stamp and a written check to get my bills paid! This is absolutely maddening! Does anyone have a magic solution to how you force the electronic pay to send the payment through if you slip past the nu...

Extracing month and year
Hi, I'm trying to extract the month and year from the field "Entrance date" in a query in a field called month: Month: DatePart("yyyy",[Entrance Date]) & "/" & DatePart("m",[Entrance Date]) Actually i do this in order to make charts that show how the performance is developing from month to month,but i have a terrible problem:the months are not arranged ascendingly or descendingly,as the field shows the months: 2006/1, then 2007/10,2007/6....ecc. Can anyboy help? =?Utf-8?B?UGlldHJv?= <Pietro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...