Capital One giving me corrupt Money import files

Money is saying the files I get from Capital One credit card are corrupt.
Some months import fine, while others I get an error. I try to get support
from Capital One, but they keep giving me the runaround. Anything I can do
with Money to get this to work?

I have about 50 transactions a month and rather not input these manually!

-Max

0
maximus1 (53)
7/14/2004 5:52:29 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Max,

   The problem is that there's a character in the statement you're getting
from Capital One that Money is choking on.  I've run in to the same
issue...save the statement from Capital One to your hard drive and edit it
by hand.  Search for "&" and remove it (or replace it with "and").

-Gary

In microsoft.public.money, Gary Coppeler wrote:

>   The problem is that there's a character in the statement you're getting
>from Capital One that Money is choking on.  I've run in to the same
>issue...save the statement from Capital One to your hard drive and edit it
>by hand.  Search for "&" and remove it (or replace it with "and").

An OFX file should not represent an ampersand character unless the
character is replaced by these five characters: "&amp;" (or
uppercase equivalent). "&gt;" and "&lt;" are also allowed but seldom
encountered in OFX files.

Using the word "and" would also work around the problem, as you say.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
7/14/2004 10:27:19 PM
>Subject: Capital One giving me corrupt Money import files
>From: "Max" maximus@portvista.com
>Date: 7/14/2004 12:52 AM Eastern Standard Time
>
>Money is saying the files I get from Capital One credit card are corrupt.
>Some months import fine, while others I get an error. I try to get support
>from Capital One, but they keep giving me the runaround. Anything I can do
>with Money to get this to work?
>
>I have about 50 transactions a month and rather not input these manually!
>
>-Max

Max, believe me it is much easier manually posting 50 transactions a month,
less than 2 a day, than going thru the download reconciliation issues. I always
post my transactions manually and I have maybe 5 a day. Good luck. Steve
0
sjcohen730 (458)

publisher did not recognize my files
after updating office 2000, I can no longer read my saved publications How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "bosshossmotorcycle" <bosshossmotorcycle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA4DEA42-9ED4-4E5A-8BA0-F0D724EFCA90@microsoft.com... > after updating office 2000, I can no longer read my saved publications ...

Corrupted Personal.xls file in Excel 97 ??
Oops! This is a correction to the subject of my previous posting. Please excuse me. =========================================================== I am using Excel 97. As of a few days ago, every time I start Excel I get a dialogue box that says "Personal.xls is being modified by Milt" (that's me) and giving me three choices: (1) Open the Personal.xls as a Read Only file, (2) Notify me when it becomes available, (3) Cancel. No matter which choice I take, the same dialogue box appears the next time I start Excel. The only way I have found to stop getting that dialogue b...

Vlookups to Excel Version 3 files.
I use a system that on a daily basis creates an Excel version 3 file containing cost centers and their budgets. When I do vlookups from other Excel 97 files to this file it takes a long time for the sheet to calculate. If I save the Excel V3 file as Excel 97 its OK, and if the Excel V3 file is open before the 97 file its OK. I don't want to have to constantly save the V3 file as 97 (I may not be around to do that always) Does anyone know how to resolve this. Thanks Naz ...

creating tmp files
Have Excel 2000 whenever click on save file it creates tmp file too. How can I prevent excel from creating these temp files. Thanks Chandra You cant "chandrak@futaiusa.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9a9701c4343c$e2f2c6a0$a401280a@phx.gbl... : Have Excel 2000 whenever click on save file it creates tmp : file too. How can I prevent excel from creating these temp : files. : Thanks : Chandra But accoding to documents on excel if the file is saved without error messages it renames the temp file with xls why do I still see the xls and tmp fi...

Need help saving a file!
Well let me start off by saying that I feel lost using the Office 97 programs! I had to make a new resume so I got myself a template off of the site here. It opened up in publisher so that's where I created my resume. I've put a lot of time into it and now realize that I think I made a huge mistake! How the heck do I save it as a more "acceptable" file without screwing up the format??? (for uploading as an attachment) Or is that just not possible? I've tried saving it as a word document, but like I said, screws up the whole format. I'm really lost, don...

Sending files from Vista
Windows mail is my default mail client. But if I right click on a data or picture file from my desktop or other areas it wants to send it with Outlook instead of Windows Mail. What settings do I have to change to get windows mail to do all my mail sending in this manner? "Stumped" <Stumped@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4C240124-48D3-4EAB-B63B-8A0B20505905@microsoft.com... > Windows mail is my default mail client. But if I right click on a data or > picture file from my desktop or other areas it wants to send it with > Outlook >...

Inbox- Missing files/folders
This is the second time this has happened, I wonder if anyone can help. > Without any warning all the files and sub folders under my Inbox in Outlook > Express disappear totally but files in the Sent, Outbox, Deleted folders etc are all okay. Can > anyone tell me where they went and how to get them back. > Cheers. Hello, Please take a look at the following article. 321505 OLEXP: Outlook Express E-Mail Messages Are Missing from the Inbox Folder http://support.microsoft.com/?id=321505 If you check inbox.dbx file and there is no content of previous mail items, then there is n...

File Formate
I have five Excel files which contain the records of my previous 4 years Business matters. Suddenly yesterday when I opned one of my files I received the following messege. --------------------------------------- The file is not in recognizable formate. if you know the file is from another program which is incompatible with Microsoft Excel, click Cancel, then open the file in its original application. If you want to open the file later in Microsoft Excel, save it in a format that is compatible, such as text format. If you suspect the file is damaged, click help for more information about...

File size limits and workarounds?
Hi All, I've run into the 2 gig file size limit on Outlook 2000 a couple times now. Is there a way to clean the files so I can avoid this in the future? The way I fixed things is that I deleted stuff, then made a new pst file and copied all the folders over to the new file. I went from just over 2gig to 1.3 gigs. I've done this once before I think, so I know I'll hit it again. Just wondering how to avoid all this. Thanks, me Maybe use the Archive options? But remember an archive has the same size limitation, so at some point you would need to create a new Archive fil...

Can't delete file in Outlook express outbox
I have a large email file in my outbox that won't send and I can' delete it -- PhoenixVP ----------------------------------------------------------------------- PhoenixVPC's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=468 View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-187101402 PhoenixVPC, you wrote on Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:46:14 -0500: > I have a large email file in my outbox that won't send and I can't > delete it. Close Outlook Express and search for the file "Outbox.dbx" on your system. Delete it an restart OE. Best Regards Christian Goeller -...

exception report saves money
my old software had a really important report that rms does not. it created a recieving report that showed items for which the current recieving cost is different from the previous recieving cost. then i could highlight that item for an 18 month history. this report showed,recieving date, po#, ilc,description,qty recieved,cost, previous cost,cost differance +/-, retail price, margin, previous margin, margin differance +/- i could query by date range,po number,or supplier this is a very important tool as it identifies items that may have bad discounts,input error etc that will cost you ...

Calculate home equity in Money?
I have an asset account for my house. It is tied to a mortgage loan account. I also made a down payment from my checking account. How do I calculate the equity in the house using Money since it has appreciated and I have paid down some of the mortgage? Job #1: figure out what your house is worth. Nothing internal to Money will provide much help with that. Job #2, with a calculator, subtract sum of the current balance of all outstanding loans from the value determined in step 1. The remainder is the equity. "Taylor" <123@456.com> wrote in message news:Yp76g.184$Qq.73@...

Having some problems saving excel files
I had a Excel file that was worked on using a Office XP machine, and know it is back on my Mac. Know everytime I save I keep on getting this message everytime using Office 98 for Mac. "This file was created using a later version of Microsoft Excel. If you save this file using Microsoft excel 98, information created with features in the later version may be lost." I have tried the following. 1) Saving as a new file and renaming it 2) Saving as Excel 5.x, and then back to Excel 98 3) deleting the Cell comments that I created in Excel XP, and redoing them in Excel 98 Thank...

imported customer data not showing up
After import was done I went into Rms but could not find the customers. What am i doing wrong. This is becoming a nightmare. Did you have errors when importing? Did you include a unique Account Number for each Customer? Did any customers show up? Rob "country" <country@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74E7CD37-AD87-4C36-A5AE-6966D4147838@microsoft.com... > After import was done I went into Rms but could not find the customers. > What > am i doing wrong. This is becoming a nightmare. ...

Importing CSV files into excel
Just a suggestion, but I don't see where anyone would ever want their imported data changed by default. How about having CSV files import to format TEXT by default and letting the user decide if he wants to make changes instead of making changes that cannot be undone by default. (the "general" formatting that changed all your numbers around) I've given up on using Excel to look at my data files that contain numbers, instead using wordpad and 3rd party freeware to edit data. Minutes instead of seconds to import a file that has dozens of columns of fixed width - lead...

Problem with Executable File generated using Debug Build
Hi All, I am facing a really wierd problem. I am working on a project in which I have implemeted a GUI for controlling laser microscopes. Everything was going fine till I added support for Filter Wheels. The program compiles perfectly fine. Runs perfectly fine if I run it using Microsoft Visual Studios. But When I try to run the program by double clicking on its icon in the debug folder, the program shows that main frame and then hangs. The problem was not there before I added the code for filter wheels. I am placed all the DLL files in the debug folder. Could any body help me out. Regard...

Import Text Wizard
I'm trying to open a .txt file from Windows that starts the Import Text Wizard automatically. All I've managed so far is to actually open it, yet if you open a text file in Excel it starts the wizard itself. Gary ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I believe that the Text Import Wizard runs automatically from the user interface. You can run it from Data, Text to Columns after the file is opened. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

money deluxe and business
How do I update stocks. Money is automatically updating each morning. When I click on "update prices online" money will lock up while it is updating but it never finishes. Then I can't even close money. ...

Money 2003/2004 This Operation Cannot be Performed!
I keep getting this error message. I have re-installed Money 2004 and still the message. Tried 2003 and get same message. I have repaired the data file and it says no errors found. HELP! How do I stop this error message from reoccuring. You can probably reinstall 5,000 times and not fix this. You might want to read the FAQ article "I think my file has been corrupted.How do I tell? What do I do then?", in the FAQ available at http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/. Bear in mind that none of that was written with M04 in mind as we'd never seen it at that point. I've still no...

Accepting Internet Email only from one Host
I was wondering if by putting a host in the specify host section of the connections tab in the Internet Mail Connector, would this make it possible to accept email only from the host in this this. If not, then how can I make it so that my incoming email only comes from one host? Exchange 5.5 ...

how to make pst file to be accessible from CD/DVD?
hi any one have idea? thanks > any one have idea? You can't. Full read and write access to the PST is needed. -- -f.h. ...

Re: Money 2005- Mortgage/ Loan Questions
I have a variable home mortgage and am having difficulty updating the interest rate because we split the loan (the second loan is fixed and entered separately in Money) and Money does not want to accept the new smaller variable loan payment as well as the new interest rate. Is there any way to do this? Also, Money does not seem to allow one to "retrofit" a loan, that is, create it in Money after it has already been running in reality for a while. It always wants a date "on or after today" and won't allow entries dated before the creation of the loan in Money (but...

How to change value of field in one to many relation ship
Dear Freinds I have 2 tables with 1 to many relation ship table1 customer table2 collection sub both of them are linked through customer ID I want to update one of the field 'lastAMCdate' which is equal to 'AMCtodate' in the latest enrty ie last row. Please advise how I can update programatically above field in custoemr table Please advise Rgds Ramesh shetty use an updatequery -- Maurice Ausum "Shetty" wrote: > Dear Freinds > > I have 2 tables with 1 to many relation ship > table1 customer > table2 collection sub > both of them are ...

convert pub file to wpd file?
I use Publisher for all my needs, but a lot of my contacts do not. Is it possible to convert Publisher to word perfect document or any other format that woud be easier for them to open. ...