cannot upgrade from 2004 to 2006

I donwloaded the 2006 version of money to test it before the full upgrade,
and  it will not open my file from money Satndard 2004. The error says that
its because I'm upgrading from an older version... that's the whole point
isn't it? anyway any comments to make it work, because the 2006 seems very
appealing although not enough to re-load all my data.
0
Edmundo (2)
9/3/2005 12:32:07 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Are you upgrading from a US version to a US version? You cannot upgrade from
French to US or vice versa for example.

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For UK tips & fixes see
For wishes or suggestions see
or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback

"Edmundo" <Edmundo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I donwloaded the 2006 version of money to test it before the full upgrade,
> and  it will not open my file from money Satndard 2004. The error says
> that
> its because I'm upgrading from an older version... that's the whole point
> isn't it? anyway any comments to make it work, because the 2006 seems very
> appealing although not enough to re-load all my data.

0
Bob_Peel4015 (409)
9/3/2005 1:09:18 PM
I believe that most of our older money files are corrupted in some ways that
are not caught by the repair feature. This is just an educated guess.  It
could be the cause of some of the problems when people move to MOney 2006.
I upgraded and it went fine, but then I started having problems with
downloads, statements, etc.

Now, I was lucky enough to  have 2 computers to try - one still had a
working Money 2004, the other had Money 21006. So I uninstalled MOney 2006,
reinstalled it fresh with a new empty file. Then I just went to Money 2004,
exported all my transactions one accoutn at a time (not that many accounts),
and imported them into MOney 2006. I had to select categories on some
transactions, but it looked fine - reports checked out between the two.

SiInce then, I have been running Money 2006 without incident. Of course YMMV
<g>

"Edmundo" <Edmundo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I donwloaded the 2006 version of money to test it before the full upgrade,
> and  it will not open my file from money Satndard 2004. The error says
> that
> its because I'm upgrading from an older version... that's the whole point
> isn't it? anyway any comments to make it work, because the 2006 seems very
> appealing although not enough to re-load all my data.

0
donawalt1 (63)

Installing Office Mac 2004
I've tried installing Office Mac 2004 onto a new computer and when I try to open any of the Office applications I get an "Upgrade Verification" box saying, "This software is an upgrade to an earlier version of the software. To continue installation, click Browse, and then select the folder that contains the earlier version of the software (Microsoft Office 2001 folder, for example). The folder can be located on either your computer or the CD-ROM from which you originally installed the earlier version of the software." Again, this is a brand new iMac, so there shou...

Bottom border line won't print in Word 2004 for Mac
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel On the screen I can place a page border in Word 2004 for Mac document, but in Print Preview the bottom line of the border disappears. And, of course, when I print, the bottom line won't appear. It doesn't appear that any footer (which I don't want) is in the way of the margin that I have set. Any solution to this? See: http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/BottomsDontPrint.htm Also confirm that you have the latest printer driver from the mfr's web site as well as all current updates for Offi...

Office for Mac 2008 and 2004
Why doesn't this product ever include Access? What Microsoft product for the Mac is compatible with Access? Gail@officeformac.com <Gail@officeformac.com> wrote: > Why doesn't this product ever include Access? What Microsoft product for > the Mac is compatible with Access? Microsoft was rather late to the game with Access. By the time they developed it for Windows, FileMaker was so well-entrenched in the Mac market that Microsoft decided not to try and compete. So to answer your question: look into FileMaker Pro. -- Adam Bailey | Chicago, Illinois adamb@lull.org | Fi...

Money 2004(and higher)and Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition 4.21.
Do any of the versions of of Money sync scheduled transactions with pocket pc? If so, please advise your configuration/version that does this. Thank you, -- Dick Velting See http://money.mvps.org/downloads/pocketpc/default.aspx -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "R Velting" <RVelting@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0218FE95-1178-4962-9B1F-663F1C681E63@microsoft.com... > Do any of t...

Problems upgrading from Money 2004 to Money 2006 Premium
On 7/28/2005 I upgraded from Money 2004 to Money 2006 Premium via special offer web download for a one-time fee of $67.95. The process removed my version of 2004. For some reason, I now show that I'm running the Microsoft Money Trial Version that will expire on 10/28/2005. What has happened and how can I fix it? I certainly don't want all my financial work to cease on 10/28 and I thought I was paying for the full version. Product Serial # is 76937-350-5031453-04498 which Support does not seem to recognize as a valid product ID to allow email tech support. Help!!!! Cal Lea...

upgrading from exchange 2000 to 2003
i was reading through the steps in the exchange deployment tool. step 3 says to remove the following components: instant messaging server, chat, keymanagement server, lotus cc: mail connector and ms mail connector. first of all, how would i even check to see if i have those installed? and secondly, where do i go to uninstall it? not in add/remove programs? thanks... "JA" <none@nospam.com> wrote: >i was reading through the steps in the exchange deployment tool. step >3 says to remove the following components: > >instant messaging server, chat, keymanagement ser...

Money 2004 Budget
I have been using Money 2004 for several months with no problems. Today I received the error message "A file needed to run planner is either missing or corrupted. To resolve this problem reinstall Money and then reopen Money." Well I followed instructions. Same problem. Removed Money completely and then installed. Same problem. Deleted and reinstall budget data. Same problem. Check Support Knowledge Database. Nothing there. Check Product support. Nothing. What is the explanation for this problem and how do I solve it? There is a fix for this at http://www.mvps.org/money/faq.htm -- ...

Office X Upgrade
I have Office X installed on PowerBook G4 17". Entrouge says it is=20 version 10.1.4 but the rest of modules Word, Excel & Powerpoint say=20 their version is SR1. =20 Powerpoint does not display PowerPoint 97 documents properly and=20 Entrouge acts very funny with Exchange 5.5. e.g. I dont see the=20 Exchange address Book, I dont see some of Inbox folders but see some=20 others, I can not get my hotmail account details, my out mails go=20 through the outbox on my computer and I can not move them to the=20 Exchange outbox and many more. The whole thing is gone mad, or may be its me ...

Problems downloading into MS Money 2004 from Royal Bank of Scotland
I have been downloading statements from the RBS into various versions of Money ever since the service became available. I am now using MS Money Deluxe OEM version 12 (which seems to be the same as Money 2004). For a number of weeks the data downloaded has been incomplete (about a third of all transactions will be missing) and is often totally inaccurate as regards the Payee and Category. In a nutshell the data is a waste of space. Has anyone else had similar problems and if so any suggested solutions? Thanks Hi - this one might be better in the UK group, as there could be some people who c...

choosing language in Office 2004
I want to use the Spanish dictionary to spell check documents, but can't get it to work. I have selected Spanish in the dictionary selection area of spell check, but it still uses English. <br><br>The Help instructions keep sending me to "Language" on the Tools menu, but "Language" isn't there. I have also installed Office on another computer I use, and there's no problem there, but on my new Mac Mini, I can't get the Language feature to show up. In article <ee89db2.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, nospamplez@officeformac.com wrote: > I ...

Money won't connect to my bank since October 2006
I bought MS Money back in Sept 2006. Just one money later it stopped connecting to my bank b/c of some security changes Key Bank put through. Since then, Money has basically been a glorified check writing program for my small biz. I download the OFX files (or whatever they're called) from my bank's website and I back-date it to when I opened my biz account. Even so, Money ALWAYS shows my balance as being the red somehow, even when my bank has something very different to say. I'm no accountant and my problem-solving patience isn't infinite so Money's only use t...

Money 2004 Bills and Deposits Question
After submitting a transaction via the Bills and Deposits screen, Money places focus on the next instance of the transaction (i.e., for a recurring transaction). Is there anyway to prevent this? I would prefer that focus be placed on the next transaction in the list. No, there doesn't appear to be a way to fix that. I suggest reporting it to MS via the MSWish site. Or reporting it as a bug at their support site. -- Semper Fi Kevin Campbell "With freedom goes responsibility. Sir Winston Churchill once said you can have 10,000 regulations and still not have respect for the...

OMA\Active-Sync\OWA and ISA 2004
Currently I am running Exchange Ver 6.5 (Build 7638.2 SP2). I have OWA working externally using SSL-to-SSL on my ISA 2004 firewall. This was configured according articles on MS and isaserver.org. I have OWA-Forms based authentication set on the firewall. I need to get a Treo 650 working remotely through the ISA firewall. The device will sync up just fine internally. Any ideas on how I should get the device to work externally would be greatly appreciated. ...

Money 2006 Deluxe
After upgrading to Money 2006 Deluxe I can no longer see the 2 Month Bill Calendar that used to display under the list of bills when "Show Calendar" box is ticked. Also gone is the projected account balance total line that used to show when a bill was selected. Any comments or suggestions? -- Eric Bennett Second one is definitely gone. I had this thought that the first one was dependent on the width of the Money window... but I could be wrong on that, I don't have Money 2006. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://money.mvps.org/faq/de...

Installation of Office 2004 on OS X 10.5 Leopard
I installed Office 2004 (and EndNote) after upgrading to Leopard 10.5 and something is amiss. Three (probably related) symptoms I observed: 1. After the install, when opening Word, I'm greeted with the prompt: "An unexpected error occurred while trying to load the Microsoft Framework library." 2. When trying to update Office 2004 via Microsoft AutoUpdate, the application recognizes any out-of-date versions, but then hangs and doesn't download anything (requires a force quit). Also hangs if running updates that were manually downloaded from Microsoft's website. (even o...

Small Business 2006 & Product Inventory
Are there any improvements in 2006 over 2005? Maybe be able to print an inventory report that is sorted vs. as entered? ...

Upgrading 2003 SBS to 2008R2 server Migrate?
I currently am running 2003SBS and want to migrate all users to a 2008R2 Enterprise server. I am running exchange. I read somewhere, these are built in tools? How would I migrate all AD users and exchange mailboxes to the server? I've used the swing method in the past from going to 2000 to 2003. Should I do the same or is there now built in tools making it easier? -- sentinelace Hello sentinelace, I suggest to use one of the SBS newsgroups/forums, there you will find the SBS experts: http://www.sbs2008.com/ Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting ...

Monthly reports in Money 2004 Standard
Is there a way to customize the categories used to compose the Monthly Reports? I would like to omit my business travel and living expenses from these reports, as they are fully reimbursed, and have nothing to do with my household finances. Can this be done in 2004? If not, has this feature been rolled into newer versions? Monthly reports are not customizable in any version of Money that is in the wild. "bob2246" <bob2246@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3493CA51-596F-4D59-9540-F2D79EA5A618@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to customize the categor...

Will Money 2004 Deluxe work after I install XP SP2?
I am reluctant to install XP SP2 on my computer (I am the "administrator") out of fear that I won't be able to access my Microsoft Money 2004 Deluxe program and data file after I do. So, before I take the plunge, I'd like to know that others have isntalled SP2 and still been able to open their Microsoft Money program and data file successfully. Is this going smoothly out there? Thanks. XPSP2 is on my laptop and I've used Money from there once since there with no issues. I'm not upgrading the desktop until ISO Recorder gets its update. "Chuck Leven" &l...

When will Microsoft Money 2006 for PocketPC be Available?
I keep looking for the download and it is well over a month since Microsoft Money 2006 has been released. Where in the world is the Microsoft Money 2006 for Pocket PC download? I'm assuming you've been here: http://www.microsoft.com/money/MoneyForHandHeldDevices.mspx Still not released... I'm a bit perturbed as well. That is exactly the site that I continue to check. "David" wrote: > I'm assuming you've been here: > http://www.microsoft.com/money/MoneyForHandHeldDevices.mspx > > Still not released... I'm a bit perturbed as well. > >...

Outlook 2000
I had a Blackberry and put all my contacts on Outlook and did a sync with the software supplied by Blackberry. No problem, they're all in Outlook 2000. Now I have an Iphone and Apple says it won't sync with 2000, but will with 2003 or 7. Tried to send all contacts to Address Book under Accessories program but not all telephone numbers were transfered over. Also with Address Book there is no Calendar so I can't transfer over appointments. Is there a way to buy and install just Outlook 2003 or 7, not the whole Office program? I have a lot of information in Outlook...

Excel 2004 to Excel 2007 chart translation
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have just gone through an unexpected and time-consuming episode of trying to get text boxes in Excel 2004 charts to appear correctly when (1) each chart is copied into Word 2004 as a Picture and then (2) the Word document is opened in Word 2007 for Windows. My colleague has informed me that the right-most text in some of the text boxes has been truncated. In an earlier experience, I found that on the Mac I had to stretch chart legends horizontally so that their text would not be truncated when the spreadsheet was open...

Upgrade from 12.0.0 to 12.1.0 not possible

Installing Project 98 Upgrade Version
Hi All, A *long* time ago I used Project. The last version I used was Project 98. I purchased the Project 98 Upgrade version to update from a previous that I loaded with floppy diskettes. I'm in need to use Project again and attempted to load Project 98 Upgrade version on my computer. The installation fails because, properly, Project can not find a previous version on my computer. I realize I must upgrade Project 98 but would like not to have to buy the full version (which I had on a very old floppy disk computer and no longer have it). Can you provide advice on how to do ...

Upgrade Question #3
I currently use Microsoft Money 2005 Premium. Can I upgrade to 2007 deluxe or do I still have to use premium? You can upgrade to Deluxe. <billybish@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1166276989.686433.196350@73g2000cwn.googlegroups.com... >I currently use Microsoft Money 2005 Premium. Can I upgrade to 2007 > deluxe or do I still have to use premium? > ...