Cannot Update Prices Online

I can no longer updated prices online.  I use 2003 stnd.
When on Portfolio page, if i click on Update Prices on the
left, the only option I now have is Update Prices
Manually.  There is no longer any option for Update Prices
Online.

Also, on the home page if I do click the Update Online
Quotes link, all it does is refresh my related investment
charts on the home page.

This has worked with no problem as long as I can
remember.  I cannot think of any changes or updates I have
made to the software or options...
0
anonymous (74722)
6/14/2004 2:16:56 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Standard Edition? In use for a year now? Read the License Agreement
(Help|About). See also http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=120.

"GK" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I can no longer updated prices online.  I use 2003 stnd.
> When on Portfolio page, if i click on Update Prices on the
> left, the only option I now have is Update Prices
> Manually.  There is no longer any option for Update Prices
> Online.
>
> Also, on the home page if I do click the Update Online
> Quotes link, all it does is refresh my related investment
> charts on the home page.
>
> This has worked with no problem as long as I can
> remember.  I cannot think of any changes or updates I have
> made to the software or options...

That sucks.

0
anonymous (74722)
6/14/2004 3:50:32 PM
Yes. Microsoft (and their competitors) would like to convert all software to
some kind of subscription model. This is just the latest push from Money in
that direction.

> That sucks.

If I were them, I'd do the same.

Can I subscribe to the quotes?  Or is it best to upgrade
to 2004?  And then maybe get a delux so I can have quotes
for 3 years rather than 1...

0
anonymous (74722)
6/14/2004 5:53:58 PM
I certainly understand their motivation.

I think the only subscription for the quotes is "subscribing" to the newer
versions.

If you go to M04, it will be obsolete probably soon as M05 is rumored to be
coming this summer some time. OTOH, after some point a purchase of M04 may
qualify for a $0 upgrade to M05. Can't say for sure, though, nor will we
know that date until it has passed.

They would certainly prefer you to go with Deluxe. Hence the 3 vs. 1 yr.
online services.

> If I were them, I'd do the same.
>
> Can I subscribe to the quotes?  Or is it best to upgrade
> to 2004?  And then maybe get a delux so I can have quotes
> for 3 years rather than 1...

No you can't subscribe thru MS.

It is rumoured that M2005 isn't too far away so you might want to hold off
buying M2004. Depending on the rate at which you churn versions of Money
Deluxe  with a  3 year download window might be a good idea.

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For UK tips & fixes see
For wishes or suggestions see
or for UK wishes email to mnyukwsh@microsoft.com.

"GK" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If I were them, I'd do the same.
>
> Can I subscribe to the quotes?  Or is it best to upgrade
> to 2004?  And then maybe get a delux so I can have quotes
> for 3 years rather than 1...

0
SPAM5796 (251)
6/14/2004 6:09:24 PM
i had the same prob. i fixed it by setting my system and router clocks. they
got goofed up some how :)

"GK" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I can no longer updated prices online.  I use 2003 stnd.
> When on Portfolio page, if i click on Update Prices on the
> left, the only option I now have is Update Prices
> Manually.  There is no longer any option for Update Prices
> Online.
>
> Also, on the home page if I do click the Update Online
> Quotes link, all it does is refresh my related investment
> charts on the home page.
>
> This has worked with no problem as long as I can
> remember.  I cannot think of any changes or updates I have
> made to the software or options...

0
sean77 (1)

How can I add transaction while using the online version of money
Ok... when I first bought Money several years ago and installed it on my home computer, I could then login while at work via the passport and see the information that I had entered on my home computer. If I purchased something during the day I could go online and add the transaction which was great way to know at any given moment what my TRUE balance was in my account. Now when I check my Money account online from work I can see all the information I've entered at home but now there is no way to add a new transaction other then from my home computer where I have Money installed. ...

Update Links Automatically
Running Excel XP and was wondering is there a setting which will automatically update any external links that I have referenced, without the dialog option of "Do you want to update links" etc Thanks There's a setting you can toggle. Tools|options|edit tab Uncheck "Ask to update automatic links" Then the prompt goes away, but the links are updated. This is your own setting--it affects all the workbooks you open, but won't affect anyone else when they open that workbook. (They'd have to change their setting, too.) John wrote: > > Running Excel XP...

lotro gold | lord of the ring online | wow | buy /sell #2
http://www.wowmmocom.com you can buy the cheapest lotro gold in our website http://www.wowmmocom.com,we'll provid you the reliable and instant delivery our msn: julieook@hotmail.com website: http://www.wowmmocom.com ...

Take a look at these update
--bdasmyrpae Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ovqhiyszwjkhyysf"; type="multipart/alternative" --ovqhiyszwjkhyysf Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="hladtcjs" --hladtcjs Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your computer from these ...

Watch this security update which came from Microsoft Corporation
--fvjuqcqy Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="cyboqmdyddyot"; type="multipart/alternative" --cyboqmdyddyot Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="xgnyfiduslihauwz" --xgnyfiduslihauwz Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your computer. This up...

Manually importing stock price history en masse into Money 2005
Hi, I have Money 2005 Deluxe (Didn't see any reason to upgrade to later versions, not much functional/features difference). I want to see how my investment portfolio did over a period of time (say 10 years). Since I installed Money in year 2005, I have all stock prices updates automatically since then (by using online stock price updates.) But I want to see performance before 2005 for historical and statistical purposes of my portfolio analysis. I can get all historical stock prices in Excel or text or in some other comma delimited format from MSN or Yahoo Finance (right from the ...

Can a form update a database?
I need to create a conference call agenda/meeting minutes template. On it I'd like to use check boxes to note who of the invitees showed up. I'd like to be able to get a listing of all the people (who may or may not be invited to all meetings) and the dates they attended. Can a form in Excel populate a database or could the form populate another Excel file? I'm real stupid about how to do things like this - does anybody have advice or maybe even a simple example? Thanks! I'd put the checkboxes in column A (say A1:A20) and link each checkbox to the cell underneath the check...

MS Money Bank Accounts and Credit Cards Not Updating
Is anyone else having trouble getting their bank accounts and credit accounts to update? For the last TWO WEEKS! I have been waiting patiently to look at account transactions. When I update accounts, my account homepage shows that I have X transactions to read; but when I click to read the updates, they are not in my register. No number of iterations and refreshes has got the updates to show up. Money info central has had the same unhelpful message for the last week or so: "You may experience problems getting accounts to update in MSN Money or within Money 2005 or 2006.We are w...

Calendar Printing Assistant-won't update
Besides my own Outlook 2007 calendar, I am also the "owner" of a public calendar to which several others have editing privileges. I can add and change appointments to the public calendar, but when I go to print it, my updates are not there even though they are visible on my Outlook screen. What can I do to get CPA to print the updated appointments? My understanding is that CPA does not handle merged calendars very well. You may want to consider using a Outlook Calendar printing app called Wincalendar instead. It allows you to render your Outlook calendar in various...

Windows Installer Cleanup Utility will not update
I am running Windows XP SP3. Each time I try to update the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility by running �msicuu2.exe�, which was downloaded from Microsoft, I get the message, �The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package �msicuu.msi� in the box below.� If I locate the �msicuu.msi� file a message indicates that,� �msicuu.msi� is not a valid installation package for the product Windows Installer Cleanup. Try to find the installation package �msicuu.msi� in...

Money 2006, QFX & 2 Years Online Services
I am thinking about moving from Quicken 2002 to Mny 2006. My Banks provide QFX files. The way I've been using these is to logon to their web sites directly, download and save the qfx files, then double-click on them to open Quicken and import. I've tested opening the files with Mny06 and it seems to work ok. So, will I be able to continue doing this even after the 2 years of online services expire? I don't seem to be using any of their services with what I do. Thanks very much. Yes, you will. you just won't get the msn updates like quotes and automatic downloads. "pl...

Software update that doesn't update
"To continue operating successfully, Money requires a software update. Click OK to close Money and begin the update now. OK or Cancel are my options. I click OK and another pop up window opens, looks like the download may happen then I get an error message: "A software update is already in progress. Please try again when the update is complete." I click OK, Money is closed and nothing happens. I was using Money Plus trial version. I clicked on the "Purchase Now" option and the ONLY option to purchase was Money Essentials, which I purchased - entered in t...

2005 "There is an online tansaction in progress."
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0039_01C50AB5.816C8BA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello Everyone, I recently ran into a problem using Money 2005. I'll trace my steps = as closely as possible to the last time I successfully used the product. 2/01/2005 I synchronized my account with my bank who has Direct Banking = and Bill payment (JP Morgan Chase) and received no errors. 2/03/2005 I opened my money file and decided to test a feature so I = opened a new blank file (which clos...

2007 Tries to update closed accountq
Ok i have a closed account at my bank and microsoft money 2007 keeps trying to update it when I do my online updates. Its not a big deal and causes not errors to pop up but it is kind of annoying. I do have open accounts at that bank as well In microsoft.public.money, z3razerviper wrote: >Ok i have a closed account at my bank and microsoft money 2007 keeps >trying to update it when I do my online updates. Its not a big deal and >causes not errors to pop up but it is kind of annoying. It is. On the Account List, select SortAccountListBy->HideClosedAccounts You can customize rep...

update data in table for new Format
I have a table with several thousand records. currently i have serial numbers stored as number but i now need to change the format. currently it is 4-8 digits. the new format should be xx-xxxxxx (2 digits a "-" and 6 more digits). I need this new value to store the "-" in the field. I know i can switch the field to a text field and this works but i need a way to convert existing data to the new format. I tried a mask format but it starts at the beinging. so if i put in a ##-###### and my data is 4021 it gives me 40-21 and i need 00-004021. Any ideas on this...

Update To Bank Problem
We recently upgraded to Money Plus 2008 and for some reason when I click on "Connect To Bank" and "Update" it does not download from my bank. We have gone through every menu item trying to see what we may have missed and can't figure it out. Please help if you can. Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Margo wrote: >We recently upgraded to Money Plus 2008 and for some reason when I click on >"Connect To Bank" and "Update" it does not download from my bank. We have >gone through every menu item trying to see what we may have missed and...

Won't Stop Updating!
I downloaded an update for one of my accounts and it's large -- this was DAYS ago. It now is "updating" everytime I open it -- I can't stop it and it won't let me do anything else. HELP! I would suggest that you run a file repair. -- Neil "Sarah" <Sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D1396517-A28E-486A-B374-A41D6768645B@microsoft.com... >I downloaded an update for one of my accounts and it's large -- this was >DAYS > ago. It now is "updating" everytime I open it -- I can't stop it and it > won...

Cannot Access Bank Accounts Online if Don't Store Money Info on MS
Hi, I turned off the option to have my account information synchronized and stored on MSN. My confusion lies to why that also means that Money cannot continue to automatically download bank/credit card/etc information to Money. Some do continue to be able to be downloaded automatically. Others don't. Basically, it says "If you don't store your info on MSN Money, you won't be able to utilize online features for some financial instutions". I don't understand the tie between having your information stored on MSN and auto downloading from financial institutions, ...

AutoUpdate tries to update already installed 12.1.5
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I installed 12.1.5. If I look in the about Word menu, it says that the latest installed update is 12.1.5. Ditto for all other Office apps. The only problem is that when I run autoupdate, it wants to install 12.1.5 again and complains that it can't find an appropriate program to update. On 4/9/09 11:07 AM, "davidcook@officeformac.com" <davidcook@officeformac.com> wrote: > I installed 12.1.5. If I look in the about Word menu, it says that the latest > installed update is 12.1.5. Ditto for all o...

Mass update pay rate
Is there a way to do a mass update of employees' pay rates if you don't have Payroll (just HR)? HR holds the pay rates that get sent to the outside payroll company. The client wants to increase the pay rates by a percentage. Could we use integration manager? Yes, I believe you can use IM to import pay rates since you're only updating card information. You have the compensation management utility in HR. Have you tried it? -- Charles Allen, MVP "tree309" wrote: > Is there a way to do a mass update of employees' pay rates if you don't have > Pay...

Updates #4
Version: 2004 Hello, I am not sure how works updates for Office for Mac 2004 so I hope you can help me. Customer's last update is 10.1.4 . He would like to install update 11.5.0 . To be able install new update he needs install all updates which was released among version 10.1.4 and 11.5.0 . Is it true? How he can get these updates? He strongly insist on downloading updates from webste. Could you plese recommend me what he should do? Is it possible to donwload all updtates via webste (I am able to search maily last versions)? Thanks If he has version 10.x the release is Office X whic...

Money 2003 program updates ceased
A "reminder" has been showing up on my M2003 Home page that reads, "Money has not received updated Internet information since 11/5/2003. Click here to update your Internet information now." When I "click there," the update sequence runs and says "call complete," yet the latest updated information is still 11/5/03. This seems to apply only to the Money software updates, as I'm getting bank and stock market updates OK. I'm running Money 2003 on a Windows ME OS, and I need some suggestions on how to fix this. Thanks. Standard or Deluxe? A...

Update picture changes wrap points, Pub 2002 & 03
I have struggled with this problem for six months. Whenever I update a graphic in Pub 2002 or 03beta2, any custom wrap points are erased. It is interesting to note the transparency setting used via the "Magic Wand" will be the same, and the default wrap settings are the same. E.g. White is still transparent, and Tight is still Tight, but the one wrap point I moved to generate white space between the girl's hair and the text defaults to Tight. This behavior was not evident in Pub 2000, which I have used for two years. Someone suggested reclicking Text Wrapping and reselecting Tig...

Statistics Update: Fullscan vs. Sample
Excluding time considerations for statistics update, is there a reason why I would want to choose fullscan over sample feature? In which situations would fullscan be preferable? Thanks in advance When you're not getting acceptable query response times from a properly indexed table. That said, I like to do a full scan on all tables periodically - which may be monthly, or quarterly, depending on the time it takes and how much idle time the system has. I use a modulo division on the tables object_id over whatever period to make the determination. There are exceptions....

Stocks/Portfolio not updating
Suddenly, starting this weekend, my portfolio/stocks are not updating from MSN. They were were fine right up thru Friday, now it says it is downloading but they are never updated. Is this happening to others? Or just me? And is there a fix? Tom Having a similar problem. Money 98. Starting Friday, 05-20-05, online updates give me "Call complete, but # items could not be processed." and then lists every symbol as invalid. Have found no help on the knowledgebase site. "Tom" wrote: > Suddenly, starting this weekend, my portfolio/stocks are not updating > from MSN...