Cannot sign into money AND windows lived ID says there is no such e-mail as I was using as my Windows Live ID

Tonight when I logged into Money Essentials, my user ID, which is a
hotmail address came up but the password (which I did have written
down elsewhere) came up blank.  After a couple attempts to sign in
with correct password, I went to my hotmail account, which took me to
a windows live id web page, which informs me there is no such e-mail.

What can I do to get access to my data again? Help!

TIA
Jim
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

addendum....
I created the same hotmail ID and password again but Money is still
not happy.

Do hotmail accounts disappear if not used for mail? I never did use
the mail portion.

On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 21:02:29 -0600, kaplan3jiim@example.com wrote:

>Tonight when I logged into Money Essentials, my user ID, which is a
>hotmail address came up but the password (which I did have written
>down elsewhere) came up blank.  After a couple attempts to sign in
>with correct password, I went to my hotmail account, which took me to
>a windows live id web page, which informs me there is no such e-mail.
>
>What can I do to get access to my data again? Help!
>
>TIA
>Jim

The program is Money Plus Deluxe, not Essentials.  Sorry.
On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 22:02:52 -0600, kaplan3jiim@example.com wrote:

>On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 21:02:29 -0600, kaplan3jiim@example.com wrote:
>
>>Tonight when I logged into Money Essentials, my user ID, which is a
>>hotmail address came up but the password (which I did have written
>>down elsewhere) came up blank.  After a couple attempts to sign in
>>with correct password, I went to my hotmail account, which took me to
>>a windows live id web page, which informs me there is no such e-mail.
>>
>>What can I do to get access to my data again? Help!
>>
>>TIA
>>Jim
>
>The program is Money Plus Deluxe, not Essentials.  Sorry.

With the help of telephone support, I have opened a week old backup
and (embarrased) found that the user ID has two syllables transposed
from what I thought it was.

But...the tech brought up another angle to this whole problem:
Normally the live ID sign in screen shows the LIVE ID and the password
(blacked out).  This time, it showed a file path name and password.
The tech asked if I had ever gone back from Money Home and Business to
Money Plus Deluxe and the answer is no.  I converted Money 2005 to
Money Plus Deluxe in October of 2007 and until last night never had
any problem signing in. What happened to screw up the sign in screen
and how can I prevent it from happening again?

TIA

Jim

UI Data Validation using XML Schema
Has anybody done UI data validation usinf XML Schemas. Any pointers will help. Thanks! ...

Money 2005 Communication Error
I recently linked a Passport account with my Money file and now I can't import my OFX files from my bank anymore. I saw some other posts related to MSN Billpay which I've never used. It looks like this is a known problem. Does anyone know of a fix? I thought the problem was my bank so I went a couple of weeks before investigating this issue; now my backup file is also corrupted. I tried the Money repair function but to no avail. In microsoft.public.money, keanton wrote: >I recently linked a Passport account with my Money file and now I can't >import my OFX files from ...

how to use the type member in System.Web.Services.Description
hi all, I want to parse the wsdl file . It is ease to parse the parts of wsdl except that the part of types. Because I don't know how to use the System.Web.Services.Description member types . I have searched the MSDN to find answer , but , it tell me very less. So I come here for help. For example, there is a types is defined as follows: - <types> - <s:schema elementFormDefault="qualified" targetNamespace="http://www.webservicex.net"> - <s:element name="GetGeoIP"> - <s:complexType> - <s:sequence> <s:element minOccurs="0...

after saving to cd many times. now says read only?
i have saved many times to my cd. i overwrite it almost daily (CD-RW) all of a sudden it now say's the file is read only. although i can still save to my hard drive? nsturre wrote: > i have saved many times to my cd. i overwrite it almost daily (CD-RW) all of > a sudden it now say's the file is read only. although i can still save to my > hard drive? Unless you have formatted your CDRW for packet writing, then yes, it will be Read only. CDROM = CD Read Only Memory! -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk Just ...

DSRestore Error <ID:997>
I'm getting the DSRestore error event in the logs of my PDC Emulator. I found the steps to reset the dsrestore password here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322672 My question is, if I follow those instructions and reset the dsrestore password, will it also reset the administrator account password to match the dsrestore password? Hello Andrew, The DSRM restore mode password has nothing to do with the previous local administrator, when the DC was workgroup server nor with the domain administrator account. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is...

Money 2004 #59
Hi!, I am facing the issue: I initially signed up in Dec trying the Microsoft Monet troal version.Now I am using Microsoft money 2004 which I purchased but the RSA has expired so though I can get into my e-mail,I cannot get to my passport Error message: ErrorMessage : The security certificate has expired and is not yet valid please help best regards, David lim ...

Something destroying Money data
My MS Money 2007 software was working fine, and then a few months ago, there were transactions missing. I went for backups, and it seemed every time I opened a MOney file there were fewer transactions--it was truly weird. Thinking a file had been accidentally deleted, I used a file recovery program and retrieved file and backup - also no data. So I just put the whole thing aside and out of mind, but tried again today and searched all partitions for mny and mbf files.. Same result, if anything fewer transactions. Is there some virus or other malware that eats Money files? I guess I can d...

Can't auto-complete e-mail addresses
Dear All, I just imported about 2000 contacts in my Outlook 2000 Address Book. Able to see them in the address book and create groups etc. But when i compose a new message and i try to enter some e-mail addresses in TO and then why do outlook do not give me suggestion to auto-complete them? I tried most of the settings. It wont work. What may be the problem? -Sameer Outlook 2000 has no such feature. Autocompletion didn't start until Outlook 2002. Versions of Outlook earlier than Outlook 2002 have a feature called auto-resolution. If you enter part of a name or a nickname then tab out o...

Error "Money is not properly installed..."
"Please try setup again". I am getting the error above after changeing the non-system drives letters on my system (after adding a new drive). The info I found (to run money.exe with -s or to run the salvage tool) didn't help. The "-s" option runs into the same issue, salvage is reporting a badly damaged file. After hitting "ok", I get a new window with options to open, create, restore or repair a file. Restore, open and repair are all failing. Create new reports "The new file c:\t.mny" can not be created ...". I was using Money 2000. ...

Microsoft Money 2003
When I try to print a chart or report, I get the message "This program has caused a default, etc." and it shuts down. Can you give me some hints on how to correct this? Thanks Is this all reports or a particular one? If it's only one, try resetting the report. If that doesn't help, try it in a new file. If it does it in multiple files, you may need to try updating your printer driver or removing and reinstalling Money. "Mary J" <mjohns04@mail.win.org> wrote in message news:035001c377cc$e2e77840$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to print a chart or re...

Office 2007 and Windows 7 Multilingual Issue
Hi All, Need some help setting up multilingual for Office 2007. Here's what I have: OS: Windowns 2007 Enterprise Office: Office 2007 Pro w/ SP2 Language Pack: Install several language packs thru the Windows 7 Update process So, here's the thing. I can't get the UI in the office apps (WOrd, Excel, etc) to display the language I want. For example, I want the ribbon to display in Chinese. Reading thru the documentations from Microsoft, it saids I need to select the laugage in the "Display Language" tab on All Programs -> Microsoft Office -> M...

IMC Generates NDR with Mail From: <>
Hi all IMC Generates NDR with Mail From: <> . how to solve this problem Thanks Shaikh ...

windows xp frontpage error
Just got a call from my child at college, is getting a message saying to "put in windows xp cd with frontpage", it was installed at the factory and the cd says nothing about frontpage, was installed in coputer in2004 windows xp professional, autoupdatw won't do it. any clue to what is going on? Is freezing computer and won't open excell. Hi Diana, Though this is the newsgroup for Microsoft Dynamics GP and not Windows XP or Ofice, I will try to help you out. In future, please post to the appropriate newsgroup. I believe the error message being received is infact askin...

Office XP on a windows 7 machine
I currently own Office Professional XP. I have to buy a new machine that will have Windows 7 as the OS. Will I still be able to install my software on this new machine w/o any issues? Or will I be forced to buy a newer version? I don't know about 32 bit vs 64 bit, Or various versions or beta's, I just want to use what I have on whatever machine I buy. Thanks Tom If no naswer here check the Win7 forum at: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/w7itpro "Tom" <TesnoBay@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:38e18fec-2219-467c-...

Windows 7 taskbar API problems
Folks The background is that an Access MDE/ACCDE created by a developer is not conceptually the same as an Excel spreadsheet or Word document file created by the user. My Auto FE Updater utility automatically downloads any new version created by the developer from the server to the workstation as well as doing lots of other stuff such as creating shortcuts on desk tops. If this was a user created Access database file which resides in the users My Documents folder, or similar, than they are conceptually the same as a Word or Excel file. The problem is if the user right-clicks on...

Proper use of categories in invoicing?
I am a freelance web developer. I use Money to print and track my invoicing. Being a freelancer, I often have a wide variety of clients: there is a continual influx of new clients, as well as a stable of regular clients. The regular clients often bring their own clients with them, and in this case, my role is only to develop the site. As a result, I will often send out 10 or 20 invoices to one of these regular clients over the course of a year, covering work that I may have done on 20 or 30 sites. As it is now, I can sort for invoices to the REGULAR CLIENTS, but I cannot search/sort for i...

Mail Rule
Hi, I would like to create a rule which would delete any emails which DOESN'T contain an attachment, any idea anyone? Thanks for your time, Uri. Here's one method: Rule #1 -- Condition - has an attachment. Action - stop processing more rules Rule #2 -- Condition - none (will act on all messages). Action - delete -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "msnew" <uri@manpower.co.il> wrote in message news:%235sIUzEgEHA...

Normally in Europe I cannot send e-mails now from USA
I just went for holidays to USA and brought my notebook with me - and now I receive mails in my Outlook Epxress, but cannot send e-mails in my different accounts. With gmx-account I solved the problem changing form 25 to 587, but with my other account nothing helps. The message I get is (in german, sorry) Fehler bei der Verbindung zum Server. Betreff *****, Konto: 'Liga für Kinder- und Jugendgesundheit', Server: 'mail.kinderjugendgesundheit.at', Protokoll: SMTP, Port: 587, Secure (SSL): Nein, Socketfehler: 10061, Fehlernummer: 0x800CCC0E Thanks for you...

read receipts with internet mail
I was wondering if anyone knew if you put a read receipt on an email that is going to a gmail or yahoo account...does return receipts work? Thanks ...

Can we make a document frame window title bar disapper?
Hi, friends, I registered a document template in InitInstance(). It may not be an MDI child. When I created a new document, I tried to make the frame title bar disappear by setting: cs.style = WS_DLGFRAME; in function PreCreateWindow(CREATESTRUCT& cs). Unfortunately, the title bar was still there, although no more caption. I also tried setting: cs.style &= ~WS_CAPTION; and some other combinations, no luck. Could anyone tell me how to do it? Or, can we do it? Thanks. You need to remove WS_CAPTION style. You can do it in Precreatewindow and for mainframe do it after it ha...

Change Mail Recipient #2
In my Office 2003 Picture Manager, when I right click a picture to send to mail or go to File, Send To recipient it goes to Outlook. I wish it to change it to Outlook Express. I have gone to IE, Tools, Options, Programs, and E-mail and changed the default to Outlook Express. My Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint does not go to Outlook they go to Express, it only goes to Outlook in Picture Manager. ...

Money 2005 Query
Hello all, Is Microsoft Money 2005 Canadian edition going to have Canadian content? Cheers, Per the Fact Sheet (look near the bottom of p. 5) located at http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/consumer/money05-materials.asp I'd say Yes. Doug Thompson wrote: > Hello all, > > Is Microsoft Money 2005 Canadian edition going to have Canadian content? > > Cheers, > > ...

Can We Use "cout" in MFC? How About "string"?
How do we use "cout" in MFC. How about string maria("lennox")? None of them works. Please explain; maria Why in the world would you want to? Where do you think it is going to put it? For debug tracing, see my Logging Listbox Control on my MVP Tips site. joe On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 21:19:44 -0400, maria <<>> wrote: >How do we use "cout" in MFC. How about >string maria("lennox")? >None of them works. Please explain; > >maria Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http:...

vs2005 c# app on windows 7/x64 fatal ?
Hi all I have an app running ok on W7 32 bit but on an W7/x64 it crashes immediate (no exeption thrown) . the program has stopped, windows is searching for a solution...... Runs ok in XP mode. Should i install Net 2 SP1 x64 ? I have currently no VS2005 on this machine. any clues or hints ? Johan Sagaert Johan wrote: > Hi all > > > I have an app running ok on W7 32 bit but on an W7/x64 it crashes immediate > (no exeption thrown) . A crash _is_ an exception. More likely, you mean that the exception that is being thrown isn't cat...