Cannot open Money Deluxe 2007

New laptop, successfully using Money, then now I cannot open it.  Windows
keeps shutting it down.  Tried running as admin.  Tried uninstalling, then
reinstalling.  Help!
--
Karen
0

In microsoft.public.money, Karen wrote:

>New laptop, successfully using Money, then now I cannot open it.  Windows
>keeps shutting it down.  Tried running as admin.  Tried uninstalling, then
>reinstalling.  Help!

What OS? Is there an error message?

Were you successfully using Money on that new laptop? Did the
problem occur recently? You might want to consider a system restore
point from before the problem occurring.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
7/5/2008 5:09:56 PM
Using Vista Home Premium, Dell Inspiron 1525.  After entering the Money
password, message pops up saying Microsoft Money has stopped working - a
problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the
program and notify you if a solution is available.  I have been using Money
successfully for the last couple months.  Went out of town for a couple days,
no luck since I came back.  Laptop was not plugged in while I was gone.
Battery still charged when I got back.

I have looked for a solution in the control panel, but nothing there.
--
Karen

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Karen wrote:
>
> >New laptop, successfully using Money, then now I cannot open it.  Windows
> >keeps shutting it down.  Tried running as admin.  Tried uninstalling, then
> >reinstalling.  Help!
>
> What OS? Is there an error message?
>
> Were you successfully using Money on that new laptop? Did the
> problem occur recently? You might want to consider a system restore
> point from before the problem occurring.

0
Karen1 (189)
7/5/2008 5:40:00 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Karen wrote:

>Using Vista Home Premium, Dell Inspiron 1525.  After entering the Money
>password, message pops up saying Microsoft Money has stopped working - a
>problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the
>program and notify you if a solution is available.  I have been using Money
>successfully for the last couple months.  Went out of town for a couple days,
>no luck since I came back.  Laptop was not plugged in while I was gone.
>Battery still charged when I got back.
>
>I have looked for a solution in the control panel, but nothing there.

"System Restore" is the handler of the restore points. It can show
what restore points exist, and those descriptions can sometime point
to what was installed when.

See if http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942485/en-us helps.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
7/5/2008 6:10:00 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Karen wrote:

>New laptop, successfully using Money, then now I cannot open it.  Windows
>keeps shutting it down.  Tried running as admin.  Tried uninstalling, then
>reinstalling.  Help!

One more thing: Copy the Sample.mny file from your money install
folder to your Documents folder. From Windows Explorer, right-click
the file in the Documents folder and choose Open. See if that file
opens OK.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
7/5/2008 6:30:36 PM
I opened the sample file fine. And then I opened my daughter's file fine.
Could it be because I have my accounts password protected?  If so, how can I
remove the password?

Thank you so much for your time and expertise.
--
Karen

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Karen wrote:
>
> >New laptop, successfully using Money, then now I cannot open it.  Windows
> >keeps shutting it down.  Tried running as admin.  Tried uninstalling, then
> >reinstalling.  Help!
>
> One more thing: Copy the Sample.mny file from your money install
> folder to your Documents folder. From Windows Explorer, right-click
> the file in the Documents folder and choose Open. See if that file
> opens OK.

0
Karen1 (189)
7/5/2008 9:01:00 PM
Well - somehow I got it open.  Couldn't quite say exactly how.  Updated my
daughter's file.  Then restored one of my old back-up Money files.  And
somehow it works.  Took off the password.  Maybe that will help.

Again, thanks Cal - you are a MVP!
--
Karen

"Karen" wrote:

> New laptop, successfully using Money, then now I cannot open it.  Windows
> keeps shutting it down.  Tried running as admin.  Tried uninstalling, then
> reinstalling.  Help!
> --
> Karen
0
Karen1 (189)
7/5/2008 9:21:00 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Karen wrote:

>I opened the sample file fine. And then I opened my daughter's file fine.
>Could it be because I have my accounts password protected?  If so, how can I
>remove the password?

This is good. The likely solution for you is this:

Open Sample.mny.
Go to Tools->Settings->ProgramSettings and set the
(GeneralDisplay:)StartMoneyWithThisPageOpen:AccountList.
Close Money.

Then open the problem file once or twice.

Then Tools->Settings->HomePageDisplayOptions and Remove the
Investment Performance module. If you still have a problem, remove
everything. If the problem goes away, you can add things back until
the crash does not happen. Add back in the other things you want
on the home page. Let us know which was the problem module.

>Thank you so much for your time and expertise.
>--
>Karen
>

>"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, Karen wrote:
>>
>> >New laptop, successfully using Money, then now I cannot open it.  Windows
>> >keeps shutting it down.  Tried running as admin.  Tried uninstalling, then
>> >reinstalling.  Help!
>>
>> One more thing: Copy the Sample.mny file from your money install
>> folder to your Documents folder. From Windows Explorer, right-click
>> the file in the Documents folder and choose Open. See if that file
>> opens OK.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
7/5/2008 9:58:06 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Karen wrote:

>Well - somehow I got it open.  Couldn't quite say exactly how.  Updated my
>daughter's file.  Then restored one of my old back-up Money files.  And
>somehow it works.  Took off the password.  Maybe that will help.

OK. Great to hear. If the problem recurs for some reason, see the
other post. In fact, for faster opening, you might choose to have
the file open to the AccountList anyway.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)

cant open my saved documents
I cant seem to open my saved documents! I know they are still there cause when i go to save us they all come up in my folder but when i try to open them my folder is empty? please help!! From the file > open dialog. Change the type of files to 'All Files'. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>...

Clip art in Excel 2007
Hello, I have two clip arts in my Excel 2007 one is check mark and the another is a "X" in a particular cell I would display the text "Balance", which I like to have the check mark clip art appear. If the same cell has the text "Not Balance" then I want to show the clip art with the "X" and the clip art with the check mark disappear. Is this possible? I would appreciate any tips. Thank you in advance. If you want check to appear when text in cell a1=balance and x when text reads no balance try this in B1 =IF(A1="balance...

Opening Attachments 02-02-10
Using Windows 7 and Outlook 2003 on a brand-new computer. Each time I want to open an attachment, it has a box asking if I want to be asked (obviously so a harmful document is not opened). The box "do not ask me this question again" already has a checkmark in it, but it is lightened in color and nothing that I can choose. How do I ensure that I can open documents without being asked this question each and every time I try to open an attachment? Thanks for any help you can give me. Check your other post for answers -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the...

How do I change the %age view SETTING when opening files ?
When opening files/pages in Publisher 3000, how do I reset the settings (%ages on toolbar) so the pages open in the 100%, 150% or 200% as required ? The pages appear to open always in the 50% or 65% mode and I wish to automatically open in the 100% mode. Thanks. NFGLTD <NFGLTD@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > When opening files/pages in Publisher 3000, how do I reset the > settings (%ages on toolbar) so the pages open in the 100%, 150% or > 200% as required ? > > The pages appear to open always in the 50% or 65% mode and I wish to > aut...

excel 2007 schemas
PLEASE HELP :( i am trying to link a pdf file to excel thru a schema i think what i am missing to get the correct mapping is locking or labeling the column headings anyone out there who can help will earn major karma points thanks ...

Can't open account.
Why won't my Mac 10.4.11 using safari as browser open my account? Safari version 3.0.4 Inasmuch as this Newsgroup is dedicated to the software program, MS Access, you're not likely to get any answers here to Safari or Mac problems. Try posting into a newsgroup which supports, Mac, and/or Safari. Also, you wuld probably get a better answer if you specify WHICH account you are trying unsuccessfully to open. Best of luck. "sebe" <sebe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:577461D2-FF7F-425F-8F23-BBBFC3F819F6@microsoft.com... > > Why won't my...

Can't Open Canlendar or Contacts
Office Pro XP (2002) was just installed. We are trying to open Outlook to access its Calendar & Contacts applications. We DO NOT want Outlook to be our default email location (Outlook Express has been selected). When we click on the Outlook icon (or open from the Programs folder), we get the message: "Unable to open default email system. Try again." When we "try again," we get the message: "Would you like to open default File System folder?" When answering "yes," the "My Computer" files open in Outlook. At the same time, we get th...

[2007/ToDo List] Add-in to create sub-tasks?
Hello ince Outlook is basically what everyone uses to sync a BlackBerry with Windows, I'm stuck with using it. However, I need to divide tasks into sub-tasks, and sometimes/often set some start and/or due date to an task. This is what the MS Outlook 2007 ToDo List UI looks like: http://www.oucs.ox.ac.uk/nexus/outlook2007/images/tasks.png This is what the ToDoList from AbstractSpoon looks like: http://www.shafqatahmed.com/WindowsLiveWriter/MainScreen2.png Do you know of an add-in so that Outlook support this poor-man alternative to MS Project? Thank you. "Gilles Ganault"...

How do I delete duplicate email messages in Outlook 2007?
How do I delete duplicate email messages in Outlook 2007? "maxwelton" <maxwelton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:023F67EB-8140-44B3-903B-2E7611B4068F@microsoft.com... > How do I delete duplicate email messages in Outlook 2007? Select them and press Delete? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Outlook 2007
We are implementing Outlook 2007 - Exchange 2010 across the company and we are noting that while we can open and save attachments directly from the email in either preview pane or full view (by right clicking and saying "Save As"), the Save Attachment button does not work in the Email Toolbar. Having put the Save Attachment button in my quick access toolbar, I note that it does not work either when I open the full Email. I am thinking this might be related to the Exchange/Outlook relationship. Our exchange server in on our LAN and I have my connection set to "Dow...

upload to money 2003
I have Money 2000. The backup to floppy disks doesn't seem to upload into my new money 2003. How do we do this? File|Restore??? "Gerry Youngman" <gyoungman@comcast.net> wrote in message news:089601c38163$8c46a010$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have Money 2000. The backup to floppy disks doesn't > seem to upload into my new money 2003. How do we do this? ...

OWA 2007 limitations ?
Hi, i need some advise with regards to OWA 2007. 1. I cant seem to find a way to Display the heading for From, Subject, Received Size etc. for my Inbox. I could sort by Date, Conversation, From, To, Size, Subject etc. by clicking on "Arrange By" but however the heading seems not coming up. Is there a way to bring up/enable the heading or is this a limitation for OWA 2007 ? 2. I cant remove the arrange my inbox to "Show in Groups" ? I would prefer to remove the heading that reads "Today" , "Yesterday" etc. cause some of our users jus...

Money 2004
I've got a handful of transactions that when money autocompletes them, they have no category or an incorrect category. Everytime I go back and correct the category, but the next time, my corrections never show up. How can I get the corrections to stick? Or delete the existing autocomplete entry so I can recreate it. Thanks. Ray. -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =----- ...

opening pdf attachment
When getting an email with a pdf attachment, it does not open as a pdf, it only shows a bunch of characters. PDF's do open when they are not sent through an email. ...

Why with Excel Xp takes too much time to open and in 2003 fast?
I have 2 computers, in one I have Excel XP (2002) and in the other I have Excel 2003, I've been receiving files wich I need to check with my Excel XP, the problem is that it takes too much time to open, and when I try to open it with Excel 2003 it open normaly (fast). What can I do? Urgent, please I will thank you to send answer : eguevara2000@hotmail.com Thanks ________________________ Tengo 2 computadoras, una con Excel Xp (2002) y la otra con 2003, he recibido archivos pero con Excel XP tarda mucho tiempo en abrir los archivos, mientras que en 2003 lo hace normal (rapido), a ...

Open and Close external window
I am trying to open a help window, keep a handle on the window, so I can navigate to certain topics, then close it again later. I have the following code sitting behind a menu option: if (!m_wndHelp) { m_wndHelp = ::HtmlHelp(GetSafeHwnd(), cHelpFile, HH_DISPLAY_TOC , NULL); } else { if (IsWindow(m_wndHelp)) // make sure window is still valid { BOOL answer = ::DestroyWindow(m_wndHelp); DWORD words = GetLastError(); ::CloseWindow(m_wndHelp); m_wndHelp = NULL; } } The help window opens just fine, but the DestroyWindow call returns error code 5 - access denied. Is there an easier ...

importing old money info into new PC with money 2004
group, We bought a new PC, installed MS money 2004, and now want to import the records from the old box to the new one. Does any one know the path for doing so. Thank you, Dave- In microsoft.public.money, David U. wrote: > We bought a new PC, installed MS money 2004, and now >want to import the records from the old box to the new >one. Does any one know the path for doing so. If you can do it easily, copy the .mny file to the new box into your Documents folder. Double-click it in Windows Exp...

Money Import Handler doesn't work anymore in Money Deluxe 2006
It used to, for years, but now whenever I download an account statement, whether from my bank or from a credit card account, the statement gets downloaded, apparently, but Money doesn't do anything with it. If I save the downloaded .OFX file, instead of choosing the Money Import Handler, I can then go to File - Import - Download Statement and Money uses the data correctly. Under Tools - Settings - Online Service Settings, the following options are chosen: Overwrite transaction dates... Replace downloaded payee name... Automatically mark accepted transactions... Enter electronic pay...

Microsoft Money Standard 2005
After downloading this new program, I cannot get in. It gives me the message... "Unable to load the Registration library (DLL). What do I need to do to fix this? In microsoft.public.money, KingSalmon wrote: >After downloading this new program, I cannot get in. >It gives me the message... >"Unable to load the Registration library (DLL). > >What do I need to do to fix this? See if http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;288768 helps. ...

Cannot open Attachement
I cannot open Attachement file whose name is written in Japanese Character. Can you suggest how to do! Below is configuration of my computers: P4 1.7 CPU Window 98 Traditional Chinese version Japanese Language Support Office 2000 Microsoft Outlook P4 1.7 CPU Window 2000 Traditional Chinese version Japanese Language Support Office 2000 Microsoft Outlook ...

Can't open Outlook for Web Access over the net using 2000 or XP but can with 98?? Any ideas
Hi there, Can anyone tell me why a 2000 or XP system cannot log on remotely to Exchange's Outlook (2000 Server) for web access over https: when a 98 system can no-problem? Thx in advance. "David Sullivan" <dsullivan@bcl-international.com> wrote in message news:lGNLc.5216$Z14.6537@news.indigo.ie... > Hi there, > > Can anyone tell me why a 2000 or XP system cannot log on remotely to > Exchange's Outlook (2000 Server) for web access over https: when a 98 > system > can no-problem? > > Thx in advance. > > What version of IE is running ...

Exchange 2007 problem replying or forwarding certain emails through OWA
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01CB0D66.C0DA2C20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable This is a weird one, hoping for some guidance. I have a strictly OWA user reporting issues trying to forward/reply = certain emails that are in his Sent Items folder. I'm able to duplicate = the issue here from a completely different PC. The vast majority of = emails seem fine, but when replying/forwarding some of the emails OWA = triggers an error. All emails that I can find to trig...

visio 2007 columns and relations disappeared
I reverse engineered a database and at some point the wile I was organizing the tables a few of the foreign got left behind. I spent long time organizing the tables and found this very frustrating. I could not find a way "reattach" the tables to each other. I removed the orphaned lines from the page thinking that when I updated the diagram from the database they would reappear. They did not. In fact columns had also been removed from tables. How do I get the tables to reflect the data in the database again? Refreshing the model does not work! ...

Opening attachments #14
Hi Has anybody else experienced the problem whereby when I receive an attachment (say excel file) when I click on the attachment it launches excel but does not show the attachment only a blank spreadsheet. If i do a saveAs on the attachment then load excel manually and open the saved attachment there is no problem Any idea's anybody Regards Brian ...

Money
This has been going on for many days. Please address this problem. "Greg K" <Greg K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20ED6E8B-08EB-4E86-9C6A-72562CF95BEF@microsoft.com... > This has been going on for many days. Please address this problem. If you think posting something here will have an affect, you're wrong. MS or rather MS Supplier is working on it. The NAV is actually changing but the date isn't. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do no...