Cannot open Money Deluxe 2007

New laptop, successfully using Money, then now I cannot open it.  Windows
keeps shutting it down.  Tried running as admin.  Tried uninstalling, then
reinstalling.  Help!
--
Karen
0

In microsoft.public.money, Karen wrote:

>New laptop, successfully using Money, then now I cannot open it.  Windows
>keeps shutting it down.  Tried running as admin.  Tried uninstalling, then
>reinstalling.  Help!

What OS? Is there an error message?

Were you successfully using Money on that new laptop? Did the
problem occur recently? You might want to consider a system restore
point from before the problem occurring.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
7/5/2008 5:09:56 PM
Using Vista Home Premium, Dell Inspiron 1525.  After entering the Money
password, message pops up saying Microsoft Money has stopped working - a
problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the
program and notify you if a solution is available.  I have been using Money
successfully for the last couple months.  Went out of town for a couple days,
no luck since I came back.  Laptop was not plugged in while I was gone.
Battery still charged when I got back.

I have looked for a solution in the control panel, but nothing there.
--
Karen

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Karen wrote:
>
> >New laptop, successfully using Money, then now I cannot open it.  Windows
> >keeps shutting it down.  Tried running as admin.  Tried uninstalling, then
> >reinstalling.  Help!
>
> What OS? Is there an error message?
>
> Were you successfully using Money on that new laptop? Did the
> problem occur recently? You might want to consider a system restore
> point from before the problem occurring.

0
Karen1 (189)
7/5/2008 5:40:00 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Karen wrote:

>Using Vista Home Premium, Dell Inspiron 1525.  After entering the Money
>password, message pops up saying Microsoft Money has stopped working - a
>problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the
>program and notify you if a solution is available.  I have been using Money
>successfully for the last couple months.  Went out of town for a couple days,
>no luck since I came back.  Laptop was not plugged in while I was gone.
>Battery still charged when I got back.
>
>I have looked for a solution in the control panel, but nothing there.

"System Restore" is the handler of the restore points. It can show
what restore points exist, and those descriptions can sometime point
to what was installed when.

See if http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942485/en-us helps.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
7/5/2008 6:10:00 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Karen wrote:

>New laptop, successfully using Money, then now I cannot open it.  Windows
>keeps shutting it down.  Tried running as admin.  Tried uninstalling, then
>reinstalling.  Help!

One more thing: Copy the Sample.mny file from your money install
folder to your Documents folder. From Windows Explorer, right-click
the file in the Documents folder and choose Open. See if that file
opens OK.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
7/5/2008 6:30:36 PM
I opened the sample file fine. And then I opened my daughter's file fine.
Could it be because I have my accounts password protected?  If so, how can I
remove the password?

Thank you so much for your time and expertise.
--
Karen

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Karen wrote:
>
> >New laptop, successfully using Money, then now I cannot open it.  Windows
> >keeps shutting it down.  Tried running as admin.  Tried uninstalling, then
> >reinstalling.  Help!
>
> One more thing: Copy the Sample.mny file from your money install
> folder to your Documents folder. From Windows Explorer, right-click
> the file in the Documents folder and choose Open. See if that file
> opens OK.

0
Karen1 (189)
7/5/2008 9:01:00 PM
Well - somehow I got it open.  Couldn't quite say exactly how.  Updated my
daughter's file.  Then restored one of my old back-up Money files.  And
somehow it works.  Took off the password.  Maybe that will help.

Again, thanks Cal - you are a MVP!
--
Karen

"Karen" wrote:

> New laptop, successfully using Money, then now I cannot open it.  Windows
> keeps shutting it down.  Tried running as admin.  Tried uninstalling, then
> reinstalling.  Help!
> --
> Karen
0
Karen1 (189)
7/5/2008 9:21:00 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Karen wrote:

>I opened the sample file fine. And then I opened my daughter's file fine.
>Could it be because I have my accounts password protected?  If so, how can I
>remove the password?

This is good. The likely solution for you is this:

Open Sample.mny.
Go to Tools->Settings->ProgramSettings and set the
(GeneralDisplay:)StartMoneyWithThisPageOpen:AccountList.
Close Money.

Then open the problem file once or twice.

Then Tools->Settings->HomePageDisplayOptions and Remove the
Investment Performance module. If you still have a problem, remove
everything. If the problem goes away, you can add things back until
the crash does not happen. Add back in the other things you want
on the home page. Let us know which was the problem module.

>Thank you so much for your time and expertise.
>--
>Karen
>

>"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, Karen wrote:
>>
>> >New laptop, successfully using Money, then now I cannot open it.  Windows
>> >keeps shutting it down.  Tried running as admin.  Tried uninstalling, then
>> >reinstalling.  Help!
>>
>> One more thing: Copy the Sample.mny file from your money install
>> folder to your Documents folder. From Windows Explorer, right-click
>> the file in the Documents folder and choose Open. See if that file
>> opens OK.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
7/5/2008 9:58:06 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Karen wrote:

>Well - somehow I got it open.  Couldn't quite say exactly how.  Updated my
>daughter's file.  Then restored one of my old back-up Money files.  And
>somehow it works.  Took off the password.  Maybe that will help.

OK. Great to hear. If the problem recurs for some reason, see the
other post. In fact, for faster opening, you might choose to have
the file open to the AccountList anyway.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Money 2004 Upgrade #3
Is there an easy way to transfer my files (Account info and history) from Money 2004 to Money 2007? I downloaded the trial for Money Essentials and it will not recognize the files from Money 2004. I am running US versions of each. Essential cannot deal with old Money files. It's strictly for newbies just starting out with Money. If you use a previous version, you'd probably find Essential a little, well, essential for your tastes. M07 Deluxe or Premium should deal just fine (more or less--watch what it does to Food:Groceries and Food:Dining Out...) with your M04 file. "...

VB Toolbar in Excel 2007
Hi, I'm new to excel 2007, i have created a vb command button on excel sheet but that button is by default in design mode (if i click on button it takes me to code). I want the button in run mode, normally in excel 2003 there is vb tool bar and from there we can change the status of any vb control. appreciate your response. Thanx. Click the Office Button (the round one in the upper left corner, click the Excel Options button at the bottom of the dialog box that appears and, in the Popular option, put a check mark in the item labeled "Show Developer tab in the Ribbon" locat...

Can't open Sent Folder in Outlook 2007
When trying to access my Sent Folder the following error message occurs: "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." I have restarted Outlook a number of times but continue to receive this message. Any idea why? With approximately 6000 messages contained therein, could the problem be that there are too many messages/too much weight in this folder? ...

Slow Opening Excel Files
I have a computer that is very slow when viewing files to open from excel(and word for that matter). The files can be accessed very quickly from My Computer or explorer but when doing an open in Excel the list takes forever to generate what files are in the network shares. This does not happen when logged in as administrator, only as a standard user. Any idea's on how to fix it? Its a optiplex 280 with 512 memory so its plenty fast enough Jerod ...

Opening a VBA form in outlook
I'm just getting my head around VBA in outlook, and have created a form from the VBA project API, within outlook (2000). I named it and saved the project. So now how do i open this form from inside Outlook ? I have looked at the list of forms in the forms list, for the various categories, Personal Form library, Standard Form library, etc, But i cannot see my newly created form . Any advice welcome. Gerry Abbott DISCLAIMER: This e-mail may contain proprietary information, and is covered by copyright. It may be legally privileged, and is for the intended recipient only. If you are not...

How can I make the Outlook calendar automatically open when I boot up ?
Is there a way I can make my Outlook Calendar automatically open to remind of what I've got to do ? I am using Windows XP Sp3 & Ofc 2000 Pro. Thanks ! "Bubey" <catlov@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:%23fNFEmJmKHA.2188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is there a way I can make my Outlook Calendar automatically > open to remind of what I've got to do ? > I am using Windows XP Sp3 & Ofc 2000 Pro. > Thanks ! Why don't you put Outlook shortcut into Startup folder of your Start menu, and make Calendar default folder by setting it in ...

Print daily crashes outlook 2007
Why can I print a workweek yet each time I try to print Daily Style, or even Print Preview a single day, Outlook stops responding, crashes, and restarts? Find and delete the outlprnt file. It's at %appdata%\Microsoft\Outlook -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Do you sy...

Office 2007 Trial
If I decide after trying out Office 2007 that is isn't for me, can I simply and safely return to using my existing Office 2003? The Trial procedure says that "reduced funtionality" occurs when the trial period runs out. What does that mean in terms of going back to what I have now? It means after the trial has expired you cannot create / edit with the Trial If you saved any new docs in the new format, as apposed to old format, when you uninstall the trial and reinstall 2003 you would need to install the 2007 compatibility pack to read docs created in the new 2007 ...

Entries in Money
I have been using Microsoft Money for several months with no problems. Today I have tried to make an entry and continue to get the message "This transaction cannot be entered." I think I am entering all info correctly. Any ideas? Thanks for any help. One of the big three. You need to read http://www.bollar.org/msmony/#Q104. Good luck. "Christie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02d401c39c1c$b6505080$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have been using Microsoft Money for several months with > no problems. Today I have tried to make an en...

Merge two money files
I'm using Money 2004. When I set my files up in a previous version, I set up two different files. Now in 2004 with online banking etc, it isn't as convienient to keep two separate files. So--How do I merge them into one file? The FAQ: --- Q): How do I move accounts from one Money file to another? A): The only way to do this is File|Export and Import via QIF files. Beware that duplicate account names ("Checking") in the exporting and importing account will cause problems and one or the other account should be renamed before you do the export/import. Also beware that ...

outlook opening other programs
?I have Outlook 2007 and every time I attach a file such as an Excel or Word file, it not only attaches the file but also opens up Excel or Word before I can continue. This is exceedingly annoying and wondered if anyone else had this problem and knew how to solve it? Ta Nikwak ...

Can I open an OpenOffice .sxc file with excel?
Someone sent me a spreadsheet created in OpenOffice with the .sxc file extension. How can I open the file in Excel 2003. It does not recognize the file. Ask them to resave it as .xls or get your own copy of OpenOffice: http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD target 107 wrote: > > Someone sent me a spreadsheet created in OpenOffice with the .sxc file > extension. How can I open the file in Excel 2003. It does not recognize the > file. -- Dave Peterson Microsoft Excel does not and probably never will open (or save in) OpenOffice.org (.sxc and .stc), OpenD...

date picker 2007
Hello all, I have just brought a new confuser and it has excell 2007 on, I want to use date picker in some of the workbooks i make for work, I thought that one might be in 2007 but can't find it, is this the case or do I have to download one, if this is case could someone suggest from where. thanks regards tom Hi, Ron de Bruin has some notes: http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm "tab" wrote: > Hello all, I have just brought a new confuser and it has excell 2007 on, > I want to use date picker in some of the workbooks i make for work, > I thought that one might ...

Help! Money Crashed
Help! I have online banking thru Bank One. I download my statement and see that I have transaction to read. I click on the number of transaction to view and then see the message that Money is processing my statement. Before it finishes, Money crashes. When I resatrt it, it shows I have transactions to review, yet I have no unaccepted transactions. I have done this multiple time and reinsatlled Money. Help! In microsoft.public.money, Mark wrote: >Help! I have online banking thru Bank One. I download my >statement and see that I have transaction to read. I >click on the numbe...

Is Small Business edition Deluxe+SB?
Hi, Is the Small Business edition the Deluxe edition plus small business features, or one of the other editions? It appears it does contain the Premier features even though it is still unclear what exactly they are. DAE >-----Original Message----- >Small Business Edition (SBE) is just the renamed Money Deluxe & Business. >Now it is unclear whether it has the Premium features (whatever they are) >this year. > >DAE > >"Cristof Falk" <cfalk2@earthlink.net> wrote in message >news:%23zJZT30SDHA.3188@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... >> Hi, >> ...

Opening links to exe's in O2K in WinXP?
Here at the office and before on Win98SE, reminders to do things like check for viruses/malware, etc., was made easier because I'd put the path to the EXE into a link. This is what I mean, as just an example: <file://C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Personal\Ad-Aware.exe> In XP I can no longer do that. How can I turn this "protection" off, pls. I only run EXEs in a path such as this in my own reminder and calendar entries. Thanks. :oD p.s., if this should instead go into an XP ng instead of Outlook, pls advise. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm=20 ...

Outlook 2003 with Word 2007
I have Word 2007 and Outlook 2003. Is there any way to use Word 2007 as the editor for Outlook 2003? -- James J. Pirretti <james@nospam.com> wrote: > I have Word 2007 and Outlook 2003. Is there any way to use Word 2007 > as the editor for Outlook 2003? No. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] I am trying the Office 2007, but using Outlook 2003 and still have all my Office 2003 components installed such as Word 2003. How do I tell Outlook 2003 NOT to try and use Word 2007? I get an error message saying wrong version of Word for editing emails? "Brian Tillman" wro...

Office 2007, Add-ins, and java
Does anyone know if any standard Office 2007 add-ins utilize Java for their functionality? If so, does anyone know if the JRE version is important? We're about to undergo an update to our Oracle Business suite environment and it includes the installation of a specific Sun JRE (don't know the version yet) and I want to be ahead of the curve if anything in the Office suite is likely to be affected. Thanks for the info Doug ps - I did a search of the forum and googled, no joy yet. I'm off to do more and if I find anythin, I'll post back here. In article &...

Can't open PDF generated from Publisher unless another PDF is open
Hello, I'm experiencing an unusual problem with Publisher 2007 on 64-bit Vista Business Edition, and the Publish as PDF or XPS function. Specifically, on one Publisher document, if I check the Open file after publishing box, the PDF is generated but won't open unless Acrobat Reader 9.1 is already open and displaying a different PDF. If I copy it to an XP Pro+SP3 machine with Acrobat Reader 8.x / 9.x on it, the same behaviour is seen. However, if I copy it to my Mac running MacOSX 10.5 (Leopard), it opens correctly even if no other PDFs are open. Obviously, as MacOS uses its o...

MSM Money Portfolio ROI
Does anyone use the "portfolio" online (MSN Money) and have a good understanding of the ROI all dates and the Annual ROI calculation? I am "testing" it with "watch account" examples, and I am not clear on what it is calculating. If I put a dividend in the last year, it increases the all dates roi, but does not change the annual roi. That's not my understanding of what should happen. Hope there is a guru out there who will share knowledge. TIA, pjl ...

How send email inline (not as attachment) from Word 2007?
In Word 2003, when I have a document open I can click File | Send To | and then choose Mail Recipient to have Word open Outlook and email the document as text inside the message, not as an attachment. However, in Word 2007 when I click on the MS Office button and choose Send, that option sends it as an attachment. There doesn't seem to be an option to send it inline. Any thoughts? Thanks. Add the "Send to Mail Recipient" item to the Quick Access Toolbar. You will find it in the All Commands group. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless y...

Product ID for Money 2004
Where can I find Product ID for Money 2004? I recently purchased Money 2004. Installation goes without any error code but I cannot start Money. I would like to request online help but cannot find Product ID. Please help. on the box or label on outside of jewel case >-----Original Message----- >Where can I find Product ID for Money 2004? I recently >purchased Money 2004. Installation goes without any error >code but I cannot start Money. I would like to request >online help but cannot find Product ID. Please help. >. > ...

Outlook 2007 w/Exhange Account trying to view Calendar(Locks Up!)
What in the world has happened. This morning, I was trying to view my calendar in Outlook 2007 and when doing so, my Outlook locks up and ultimately have to kill the process. This happens every time I try this. I can get to my contacts, email, NOTEs, etc...just fine. Just not the Calendar. For grins, I went into the Web Interface of my Exchange account to make sure I could still read the calendar(and others) via this interface. I worked just fine. At work today, I export my Exchange Account into a PST file and loaded into Outlook 2003(I don't have 2007 license at work). Anyways, th...

Memo Fields In Access 2007
I want to insert a jpg file into a rich text memo field. The image file would be selected from a list box or from a popup form showing a lis of jpg's. Is this possible? The rich text box is not capable of displaying an image within it. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "KevinHa" <KevinHa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4708B454-F763-42AB-B630-C87E94E2CD63@microsoft.com... >I want to insert a jpg file into a rich...

Money 2004 Report Headers #2
Hi, WIN XP - All SP2 Upgrades - MONEY 2004 SO HARD TO GIVE A CLEAR EXPLANATION!!! In the Monthly Report, where it lists MAIN Categories and SUB categories: Over and above the Main Categories and Sub Categories, MS Money provides another level of categories and I do not like the way Money sorts them. I can't find anywhere, where I might delete these main categories. Desparate! Thanks very much! Mike ...