Cannot change account type.

I have an HSA with a credit union that is updated online, I want to have it
listed under the Investment Accounts instead of Bank Accounts.  The option to
change the account type is greyed out with the message "...online-enable
account cannot be changed"

0
PatrickWT (1)
11/3/2008 11:08:10 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Was there a question here?

I think the message you got tells you about three fourths of the problem.
The final fourth that the first three fourths prevents you from getting to is
that an Investment Account and a Bank Account are fundamentally different
types--one holds Investments, the other holds cash--so a change from one to
the other under the best circumstances would be illogical.

"PatrickWT" wrote:

> I have an HSA with a credit union that is updated online, I want to have it
> listed under the Investment Accounts instead of Bank Accounts.  The option to
> change the account type is greyed out with the message "...online-enable
> account cannot be changed"

Unfortunately it is up to the financial institution how they want to
classify the various accounts.  I have CD's at a credit union and they have
decided to treat each one as a savings account, hence I have to likewise
treat them all as individual accounts.