Cannot add new account to Money 2006

Hi all,

I've bought Money 2006 std at last week, and first I've tried to import my 
Money 2000 file. The Money 2006 said that the file is not importable. OK. 
I've tried to create new file, which was successfully created, but I cannot 
add any new account. I've always got the same error message:
The operation cannot be performed. 

Details:
Product: Money 
ID: obres:34 
Source: 15.0 
Version: 15.0 
Symbolic name: errUnknown 
Message: This operation cannot be performed. 
    
Reason
Usually caused by a corrupt file. 
    
User Operation 
Run the Money File Repair tool to fix the problem. 
 

I've tried to create new passport, new file. I've also tried to create 
account in offline and Online mode also, but the result was the same all time.

What could be wrong?

How can I set up new account, or how can I use my Money 2000 file in Money 
2006?

Many thanks,

Zoltan Acs

0
Acs (2)
6/25/2007 10:31:00 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

13 Replies
493 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 57

In microsoft.public.money, Zoltan Acs <Zoltan
Acs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I've bought Money 2006 std at last week, and first I've tried to import my 
>Money 2000 file. 

Are you in Canada?
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
6/25/2007 1:03:23 PM
If you did a File|Import, that was not correct. That is for reading QIF 
files. Try a File|Open instead.

If the message was really "file is incompatible" or similar, then you are 
trying to cross localizations. (Reading a UK Money file in US Money, say.) 
This won't work.

Let's get past those two potential issues first.

I can't say why you can't add an account.

Money2006 is already a year obsolete and may soon be two if there is an M08 
and it releases on previous schedules. You bought M06 last week?

"Zoltan Acs" <Zoltan Acs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:21C7754E-E886-4DA7-BD32-0145E732C3CD@microsoft.com...
> I've bought Money 2006 std at last week, and first I've tried to import my
> Money 2000 file. The Money 2006 said that the file is not importable. 


0
6/25/2007 1:03:27 PM
Hi Cal,

I've bought the Money in Canada, but I live in Hungary.

best regards,

Zoltan Acs

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Zoltan Acs <Zoltan
> Acs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> 
> >I've bought Money 2006 std at last week, and first I've tried to import my 
> >Money 2000 file. 
> 
> Are you in Canada?
> 
0
ZoltanAcs (5)
6/25/2007 1:17:00 PM
Hi Dick,

I bought the Money 2006 in Canada last week. I've tried to buy Money 2007, 
but I couldn't find any.

Best regards,

Zoltan Acs

"Dick Watson" wrote:

> If you did a File|Import, that was not correct. That is for reading QIF 
> files. Try a File|Open instead.
> 
> If the message was really "file is incompatible" or similar, then you are 
> trying to cross localizations. (Reading a UK Money file in US Money, say.) 
> This won't work.
> 
> Let's get past those two potential issues first.
> 
> I can't say why you can't add an account.
> 
> Money2006 is already a year obsolete and may soon be two if there is an M08 
> and it releases on previous schedules. You bought M06 last week?
> 
> "Zoltan Acs" <Zoltan Acs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:21C7754E-E886-4DA7-BD32-0145E732C3CD@microsoft.com...
> > I've bought Money 2006 std at last week, and first I've tried to import my
> > Money 2000 file. The Money 2006 said that the file is not importable. 
> 
> 
> 
0
ZoltanAcs (5)
6/25/2007 1:19:00 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Zoltan Acs wrote:

>Hi Cal,
>
>I've bought the Money in Canada, but I live in Hungary.

As Dick Watson said, if you are getting an "incompatible version"
error, then Money 2006 or Money 2007 will not be able to convert
your existing file. You should return that version since it will not
help you. You would need Money 2005 from the UK if the original
version was from the UK. If it was from some other country, you
would need Money from there.

If the error is not "incompatible version", then post back what the
error is.



>
>best regards,
>
>Zoltan Acs
>
>"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, Zoltan Acs <Zoltan
>> Acs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>> 
>> >I've bought Money 2006 std at last week, and first I've tried to import my 
>> >Money 2000 file. 
>> 
>> Are you in Canada?
>> 
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
6/25/2007 1:34:32 PM
I can accept that I cannot import my old money file, but when I've tried to 
create new file, I wasn't able to create accounts, because I've got the 
followinf error:

The operation cannot be performed. 

Details:
Product: Money 
ID: obres:34 
Source: 15.0 
Version: 15.0 
Symbolic name: errUnknown 
Message: This operation cannot be performed. 
    
Reason
Usually caused by a corrupt file. 
    
User Operation 
Run the Money File Repair tool to fix the problem

I've tried to do the file repair, but the result was the same.

Many thanks,

Zoltan Acs
"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Zoltan Acs wrote:
> 
> >Hi Cal,
> >
> >I've bought the Money in Canada, but I live in Hungary.
> 
> As Dick Watson said, if you are getting an "incompatible version"
> error, then Money 2006 or Money 2007 will not be able to convert
> your existing file. You should return that version since it will not
> help you. You would need Money 2005 from the UK if the original
> version was from the UK. If it was from some other country, you
> would need Money from there.
> 
> If the error is not "incompatible version", then post back what the
> error is.
> 
> 
> 
> >
> >best regards,
> >
> >Zoltan Acs
> >
> >"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> In microsoft.public.money, Zoltan Acs <Zoltan
> >> Acs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >> 
> >> >I've bought Money 2006 std at last week, and first I've tried to import my 
> >> >Money 2000 file. 
> >> 
> >> Are you in Canada?
> >> 
> 
0
ZoltanAcs (5)
6/25/2007 1:54:01 PM
That explains some stuff. Back to the "incompatible versions" question.

"Zoltan Acs" <ZoltanAcs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:EBA3CF8B-C300-4B7A-A80A-DDF0BC186965@microsoft.com...
> I bought the Money 2006 in Canada last week. I've tried to buy Money 2007,
> but I couldn't find any. 


0
6/25/2007 2:55:48 PM
Cal & Dick,
I think the OP is prepared to start fresh with a completely new file but is 
having trouble doing so.  He's given up on his M2000 data.

Zoltan,
What is you operating system?  Have you tried to open sample.mny?  Does that 
work without any problems?
-- 
Peace,
BobJ

"Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in 
message news:Oz$4rjztHHA.768@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> That explains some stuff. Back to the "incompatible versions" question.
>
> "Zoltan Acs" <ZoltanAcs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:EBA3CF8B-C300-4B7A-A80A-DDF0BC186965@microsoft.com...
>> I bought the Money 2006 in Canada last week. I've tried to buy Money 
>> 2007,
>> but I couldn't find any.
>
> 


0
Privacy1 (389)
6/25/2007 6:29:56 PM
Hi Zoltan. I bought MM 2007 Delux in USA. I live in Poland. MM works great. 
My system is VISTA Ultimate 32, w GB Ram. 
-- 
JerzyMarian


"Zoltan Acs" wrote:

> Hi Cal,
> 
> I've bought the Money in Canada, but I live in Hungary.
> 
> best regards,
> 
> Zoltan Acs
> 
> "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
> 
> > In microsoft.public.money, Zoltan Acs <Zoltan
> > Acs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > 
> > >I've bought Money 2006 std at last week, and first I've tried to import my 
> > >Money 2000 file. 
> > 
> > Are you in Canada?
> > 
0
6/25/2007 7:20:01 PM
If that's the case, then we can address why M06 wasn't allowing data entry. 
What's it do when the Sample data file is opened? Can data be entered in it?

"Marilyn & Bob" <Privacy@nospam.please> wrote in message 
news:ehfBVb1tHHA.5072@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> I think the OP is prepared to start fresh with a completely new file but 
> is having trouble doing so.  He's given up on his M2000 data. 


0
6/25/2007 7:53:02 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Zoltan Acs wrote:

>I can accept that I cannot import my old money file, but when I've tried to 
>create new file, I wasn't able to create accounts, because I've got the 
>followinf error:
>
>The operation cannot be performed. 

Try these:

1. If running Vista apply http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929427 It
may say that has already been done.

2.Copy Sample.mny from your install folder to your MyDocuments or
Documents folder. Open Money by double-clicking the that file in
your MyDocuments folder. If that does not work, I would reinstall
Money and/or IE. If using IE6, consider installing IE7.

3. If Sample.mny seems to open OK, create your new file,
File->New->NewFile. Click Decline during setup.






>
>Details:
>Product: Money 
>ID: obres:34 
>Source: 15.0 
>Version: 15.0 
>Symbolic name: errUnknown 
>Message: This operation cannot be performed. 
>    
>Reason
>Usually caused by a corrupt file. 
>    
>User Operation 
>Run the Money File Repair tool to fix the problem
>
>I've tried to do the file repair, but the result was the same.
>
>Many thanks,
>
>Zoltan Acs
>"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, Zoltan Acs wrote:
>> 
>> >Hi Cal,
>> >
>> >I've bought the Money in Canada, but I live in Hungary.
>> 
>> As Dick Watson said, if you are getting an "incompatible version"
>> error, then Money 2006 or Money 2007 will not be able to convert
>> your existing file. You should return that version since it will not
>> help you. You would need Money 2005 from the UK if the original
>> version was from the UK. If it was from some other country, you
>> would need Money from there.
>> 
>> If the error is not "incompatible version", then post back what the
>> error is.
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> >
>> >best regards,
>> >
>> >Zoltan Acs
>> >
>> >"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>> >
>> >> In microsoft.public.money, Zoltan Acs <Zoltan
>> >> Acs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>> >> 
>> >> >I've bought Money 2006 std at last week, and first I've tried to import my 
>> >> >Money 2000 file. 
>> >> 
>> >> Are you in Canada?
>> >> 
>> 
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
6/25/2007 10:19:03 PM
Hi Cal,

It seems to me, that I found the cause of my problem. I tried to change my 
local settings to Canadian from Hungarian, and after that I've created a new 
money File. In this file I was able to set up new accounts. When I saw, that 
I could set up new accounts, I set back the local settings to Hungarian, but 
I was still able to set up new account in the file. So it seems to me, that 
the local setting is very important thing, when I create a new money file, 
but it doesn't matter when I use an existing file. Now I'm able to set up 
accounts, set the base currency to Hungarian forint, etc.,  so now it works 
well.

Many thanks for your help!

I use WinXP Pro SP2 english version.

Best regards,

Zoltan Acs
0
ZoltanAcs (5)
6/26/2007 1:12:05 PM
Hi Dick,

It seems to me, that I found the cause of my problem. I tried to change my 
local settings to Canadian from Hungarian, and after that I've created a new 
money File. In this file I was able to set up new accounts. When I saw, that 
I could set up new accounts, I set back the local settings to Hungarian, but 
I was still able to set up new account in the file. So it seems to me, that 
the local setting is very important thing, when I create a new money file, 
but it doesn't matter when I use an existing file. Now I'm able to set up 
accounts, set the base currency to Hungarian forint, so now it works well.

Many thanks for your help!

I use WinXP Pro SP2 english version.

Best regards,

Zoltan Acs

"Dick Watson" wrote:

> If that's the case, then we can address why M06 wasn't allowing data entry. 
> What's it do when the Sample data file is opened? Can data be entered in it?
> 
> "Marilyn & Bob" <Privacy@nospam.please> wrote in message 
> news:ehfBVb1tHHA.5072@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> > I think the OP is prepared to start fresh with a completely new file but 
> > is having trouble doing so.  He's given up on his M2000 data. 
> 
> 
> 
0
ZoltanAcs (5)
6/26/2007 1:12:06 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Running Money 2003 in Vista
Hi I run this version perfectly satisfactorily in my Vista Ultimate desktop.with my normal log on. No fiddling was required to get it to start. It worked perfectly out of the box, just as in XP Referring to emails on earlier versions in the Newsgroup, my data is in a Documents folder on the D Drive well away from Vista, though it is secured. In this machine SSL2 is not enabled I have a newish laptop running Windows Home Premium with a similar configuration for all my data on the D drive. I recently tried to open Money for the first time since installation using a copy of the Money fil...

Add rows automatically? Accordion
Is there a way to automatically add/show rows that have data? I have a data entry sheet. Then I have a report. The report pulls data from the entry sheet. If there is no data for a specific line/row item, is there a way to automatically hide or not show the row(s) with no data? Thanks Thanks can I have more than one autofilter on a sheet? Sloth wrote: > Use the filter function > Select the data and click on... > Data->Filter->Autofilter > This should make an arrow appear at the top of the data (in the header row). > click the arror and select "Nonblanks"....

TaxFree add-on
Somebody have an add-on for taxfree print? I need a demo to submit to customer that use rms 1.3 thank you cod ...

Upgrading from Money 99 to 2004
Is it worth upgrading from Money 99 to Money 2004. I have several years of complete financial data in my Money 99 program. Just wondering if it is worth the cost and hassel to upgrade. Is the upgrade path (conversion) from Money 99 to Money 2004 pretty easy. Thanks in advance for any replys and help. Regards, Richard Well, your mileage may vary on it. Some people like 2004, others don't. I'd always recommend the trial before you buy though. You can get an idea of what's in the latest version, whether it's suitable for you etc. 2004 should just convert a 99 file, assu...

Money-style software??
Hi all, Sometime agao I was surfing and found a health & nutrition product that has the same look-and-feel as Money2004. Alas, I didn't bookmark the site and forgot the address :( Anybody has any idea what I'm talking about?? Ivan Ivan Debono wrote: | Hi all, | | Sometime agao I was surfing and found a health & nutrition product | that has the same look-and-feel as Money2004. Alas, I didn't bookmark | the site and forgot the address :( | | Anybody has any idea what I'm talking about?? | | Ivan Maybe it was Fitday: www.fitday.com -- Peter Thank you!!! That ...

Performance By Investment Account
I've been trying to analyze the return calculations that MS Money provides in both the Portfolio Manager and also the Performance by Investment Account. One curious thing that I've come across and had previously not paid attention to is a feature in the Performance by Investment Account. If you click on "Customize' for this report, under the "Rows & Columns" tab there is a customizable setting called "Do not show performance based on data of less than: xx days." It defaults to 90 days. Does anyone know if this feature actually does anything? I'v...

How to split an account into two accounts
8 years ago I started my 403B and 401A retirement accounts with Fidelity as a single account. It did not both me that the paper showed them as two accounts and I should have fixed it sooner. Now that Fidelity is allowing me to download the information it is clear that I should have two accounts. However I have purchased 4 mutal funds every two weeks for the past 8 years and now to split them it appears I need to move 2 of these sets of fund transactionss to a the account. The move one transaction at a time is growing old. Is their an easy way or to accomlish a mass move of all transac...

Money 04 runs very slow
file size is 17,480 kb, about 5 years data. Machine is a P4 2.2 GHz, 512 mb ram. Money runs very slow, processing downloaded statements, switching screens, etc. I switched from Quicken about a year ago. That didn't run nearly this slow. Any ideas? Will trimming the file size help at all or much? Thanks Ideas? See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=4. Trimming? Most people haven't had great luck trying this through means like File|Archive--which, by the way, I'd discourage for any number of reasons. "Tom Orlando" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Setting Defaults in New Item Wizard
How can I set a default value in the New Item Wizard? I want to always use a barcode type that is about 10 down from the top and I want Taxable Item to always be checked. Help... Good question, I need an answer too. "A StanTech Associate" wrote: > How can I set a default value in the New Item Wizard? I want to always use a > barcode type that is about 10 down from the top and I want Taxable Item to > always be checked. Help... You can set the default sales tax under Manager, File, Configuration, Sales Tax, Default item tax group. To set a default barcode type yo...

Money 99 "Memo"
I was given Money 99. Everything was working fine till I printed out the check register and found it was omitting the "Memo" section which was vital info I needed. What do I need to do inorder to get it to print? Please e-mail wolfmagic53@hotmail.com Thank you. Ruby In microsoft.public.money, wolfmagic53@hotmail.com wrote: >I was given Money 99. Everything was working fine till I >printed out the check register and found it was omitting >the "Memo" section which was vital info I needed. >What do I need to do inorder to get it to print? What you want to do...

Shared email account
I am new XP user. I have set up separate XP accounts for me and for my wife. I would like to have both of us to be able to use the same Outlook email address. How do I set up Outlook so that the 2 XP accounts look at the same Inbox, Sent Items, Address Book, etc.? Thanks, Dan P Locate the pst-file for the account that now has all the e-mails in it. Move the pst-file to a location both can reach (for instance C:\Outlook) Start Outlook fot that user and it will prompt you for the new location. Once configured close Outlook for that user and logon as the other user Open Outlook and choo...

Money Updates #2
Was wondering about money updates. What exactly is the program downloading during the update process? And if the program is updated on a daily basis, why would I ever need to upgrade to a newer version? In microsoft.public.money, invalid wrote: >Was wondering about money updates. What exactly is the program downloading >during the update process? And if the program is updated on a daily basis, >why would I ever need to upgrade to a newer version? It is mainly changes in online bank setup. Despite appearances is typically does not change anywhere daily. "invalid" <...

new activity not in the appropriate queue
Help! I installed the Rollup 3 for MS CRM 4 and since then all created activities are redirected to the users assigned folder in queue and not in progress(my current activities) folder! It's not logical because a new activity is not yet assigned to a different user to be in the assigned folder !! I can't believe this is on purpose and I DON'T have a workflow on this. Can someone tell me how to fix this? ...

Add a secondary administration group error c1041721
I have added a new administration group for a sub site in Japan and now I am getting the following error: The action could not be completed because the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is unavailable. Operation: Retrieving mount information ID no: c1041721 Exchange Sytem Manger I get this error when I try and drill down to the new admin group to the First Storage Group. I only get this message on machines on my side of the network. If I remote to the mail server in the new site I am able to drill all the way down and see the mailboxes. I can also see our main site informat...

Admin Account
Why do I see my administrator account logging on to every mailbox in the Event Viewer when I reboot. Also, the login list shows my admin account logged into many mailboxes. Is this normal? "Myrick" <pmyrick@keloland.com> wrote: >Why do I see my administrator account logging on to every >mailbox in the Event Viewer when I reboot. Also, the login >list shows my admin account logged into many mailboxes. Is >this normal? Probably because you've got some sort of software that's accessing those mailboxes (like some AV software might do), and it's runn...

Money deluxe 2007 password problem
When I update my bank account transactions I get a message saying that my account was not updated because my password is incorrect. I then go into account info and have to update my password. I save the update, but then it happens again sporadically when I open Money at later times. Is there a way to fix this glitch? ...

Money 2004 #43
Do you have to set up Password to update portfolio prices? Can't get Money to update. News, etc updates but not the portfolio section. Passport? No. But there is not doubt that quote downloads are problematic. "Johnny" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82a601c3e99d$bda5e8d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Do you have to set up Password to update portfolio > prices? Can't get Money to update. News, etc updates but > not the portfolio section. ...

How do I add third-party templates to Visio
I downloaded a new template library and am trying to figure out how to add it to the Software category (I think), however the info on how to do this seems a bit sparse. There appear to be two types with this library that do the same thing when I click on them -- *.vsd and *.vst. Does anyone know what I need to do to add the library? On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 13:43:48 -0700, "Tom Jones" <nfr@nospam.com> wrote: >I downloaded a new template library and am trying to figure out how to add >it to the Software category (I think), however the info on how to do this >seems a b...

Unassigned value in split transactions in conversion from Quicken 2001 to Microsoft Money v 14
With Quicken withdrawing from the UK market I have taken the plunge and upgraded to MM v 14. There is a serious conversion issue with the processing of split transactions where the first entry is converted correctly but all the other lines from the split transaction generate "empty" split entries each with a blank category and description with a zero value. This leaves an unassigned value equal to the sum of the ignored split entries. I have two Quicken accounts my private accounts going back to 1987 which generated a vast number of these unassigned amounts in split transactions a...

hyperlink open in a new page
After reading all the other posts, and inserting "HTML Code Fragment" here's my prob. I don't want folks to see the actual HTML text. I got a pic of a calendar, and, I want it to simply open my yah00 calendar in another window. I've figured out how to patch a pic to a link, but (of course) I want it to open in a new window, again, without the HTML text being visible. What am I missing? Reference: Create a hyperlink in Publisher that opens in a new window: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA011587451033.aspx Use the ECMAScript code approach, and insert ...

ANN: New version of Database Workbench, the multi-DBMS IDE now available!
Ladies, gentlemen, Upscene Productions is proud to announce the next version of the popular multi-DBMS development tool: " Database Workbench 4.0 Pro" With this version we're reached a milestone: Database Workbench is now fully Unicode enabled and offers new tools to increase your productivity. There have been numerous improvements to existing tools and the user interface making it even better than before. For more information, see http://www.upscene.com/ Database Workbench supports: - Borland InterBase ( 4.x - 9.x ) - Firebird ( 1.x, 2.x ) - MS SQL...

PM Purchase Account
When running a Payables Transaction Smartlist the Purchase account column pulls the information from the Vendor card. Is there an option to have the list pull the PURCH account from the transaction? I can't seem to see an available column that will give that information. Nope. That would require creating a customer SmartList in SL Builder or a report in Crystal or SSRS. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com =A0 On Jul 27, 9:19=A0pm, "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP&...

how can you add more rows in excel 2000?
Is there a way to add more rows to excel's already 65536 rows? In other words can you expand excel to have more rows then it already has. Impossible, sorry. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Khody" <Khody@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:8A9B7CC9-6832-47D4-830C-7DE692D5616F@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to add more rows to excel's already 65536 rows? In other > words can you expand excel to have more rows then it already has. Unfortunately, you can't increase the number of rows. Versions 2002 and 2003 have the same limitation. tj "Kh...

Add message to customers on printed invoice
We should be able to add a message to customers (holiday hours, holiday message, etc.) to an invoice. Even QuickBooks has this ability, why doesn't GP? -- Art Cabot Director, Information Technology Sizemore, Inc. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. ht...

Bulk Edit Parent Account
I seem to have the problem of not being able to bulk edit parent accounts in CRM 4.0. I have tried to follow the instructions for fixing this in 3.0, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933898/, but the lines they have you change are not in the 4.0 version of the account entity xml file. Is this a known bug in 4.0 and is there a fix? ...