Can you separate information by House?

I have two homes and want to track expenses for each home separately as well
as roll up reports by category (utility, phone, etc.) for both.  Is that
possible?
MT
0
MT (50)
12/25/2005 4:07:02 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, MT wrote:

>I have two homes and want to track expenses for each home separately as well
>as roll up reports by category (utility, phone, etc.) for both.  Is that
>possible?

One way to do that is to use a classification.
0
NoMailTnx (131)
12/25/2005 4:19:10 PM
As Cal notes, Classification is tailor-made for this. Look it up in online
help and then come back with questions.

"MT" <MT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have two homes and want to track expenses for each home separately as
>well
> as roll up reports by category (utility, phone, etc.) for both.  Is that
> possible?

can't scroll in Excel
In Excel 2000, this will happen when using either the page down key or the down arrow key. I can tell by the name box and the information being displayed in the formula bar that it is actually moving down to the cells, but the cells are not being displayed on the screen. It stays at the top of the worksheet. I tried copying and pasting into a new file, it worked fine for awhile and then it happened again. It is a very large worksheet with autofilters applied. Any ideas??? -- maryj If you go to the Excel Menu "Window", is Unfreeze panes and option in that menu. If so, click ...

can't load outlook addin
I'm developping an outlook addin using VSTO I have visual studio 2005 & outlook 2007 I used the VSTO outlook addin wizard to develop my addin My addin works, I can debug it from within visual studio (it starts outlook and loads my addin) But when I try it 'alone' on the same computer, it does not work. My installer is the one created by the VSTO outlook addin wizard. - I execute the addin installer (setup.exe), and setup is done with no error - I start outlook, and I don't see the splash screen that tells me My addin has been loaded... - when I have a look at outlook com...

OUTLOOK EXPRESS CAN'T open
I can't open up outlook express. I get this message: this comes up first: OLE could not be started. The application was unable to open Outlook Express Message store. Your computer may be out of memory or your disk is full. Contact Microsoft support for further assistance. (0x800700e) I click ok and than this comes up: Outlook Express could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be initialized. Outlook Express may not be installed correctly. I have reinstalled Internet Explorer 6.1 (I think that was it) that contained Outlook Express. I have deframmented t...

Can't open older pub files in pub2003
Am running Publisher 2003 on Windows 2000 machine. Just recently, I lost the ability to open older publisher files (mostly from Pub98). I am not running Norton anything but have been using TrendMicro for anti-virus. Tried turning it off and tried turning off the script virus protection to no avail on either count. Has there been a recent update that might have caused this problem? Or is there something else I need to look at? I think there has been a security update that changed some things. An earlier poster is reporting having problems opening 98 files. I can't open files in my ...

Breaking automatic link among Office Apps for User Information
Hi: Ref: Office 2004 w/ update 11.2.3 I find that changing user information in Entourage automatically changes user information in MS Word. I need to break that link. I need a different user information for MS Word (for example) and another one for MS Entourage. Can someone point out how to do this? Thanks In article <1142638699.397871.141530@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>, "Rodizurieta" <rodrigo@izurieta.com> wrote: > Hi: > > Ref: Office 2004 w/ update 11.2.3 > > I find that changing user information in Entourage automatically > changes user ...

I wish to use Visio to landscape my house. Has anyone tried this?
I am pretty comfortable with Visio and I certainly like the improvements in 2003. The subject pretty much says it. -- Ready to Retire...Tired of the drive Haven't tried yet (on my list when I am ready to retire!) Would start with Building Plan/Site Plan. You can even have a kidney shaped pool! "Bob Hatcher" <confusedagain@anywhere.com> wrote in message news:CF662BE7-2D7F-44B2-972B-F90293EB3842@microsoft.com... >I am pretty comfortable with Visio and I certainly like the improvements in > 2003. The subject pretty much says it. > -- > Ready to Retire...Tire...

Can an XML file have an icon?
Is there a way I can put icon data into an XML file so Windows displays the file with its own custom icon rather than the generic XML-file icon? What kinds of files (in Vista and up) can have their own distinctive icons? Thanks! ...

Can't get to Access database after OS upgrade
I recently got a new computer with Windows XP on it. My old computer had Windows 98. I attempted to reinstall my OfficePro 95 programs onto the new machine. Everything reinstalled fine EXCEPT Access. With Access, I got the error message "SQLInstallDriver failed for ODBC driver Microsft Access Driver." After doing some hunting I see that this problem was known for Windows 2000 and some odd fix involving a font was involved, but the directions don't apply to Windows XP. Is there a newer version of this fix around? Can someone point me to it? If not, can someone at least...

How can DSUM give me specific data?
How can DSUM give me specific data? MAB126 50 MAB1261 100 When I add MAB126 in the DSUM field, it sums the two for a total of 150. In your criteria region, use ="=MAB126" instead of MAB126 Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP 1998 - 2010 Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com [email on web site] On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 14:11:01 -0800, evergreenstar <evergreenstar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can DSUM give me specific data? > >MAB126 50 >MAB1261 100 > >When I add MAB126 in the DSUM field, ...

Can I copy a worksheet with its page setup and print formats?
Is there a way to maintain the page setup and print formats when copying a worksheet? Our admin assistant wants to be able to set up the print margins, header/footer, page orientation, etc. one time and then make multiple copies of the worksheet within the same workbook. When you copy a worksheet (not just the cells but the entire worksheet) you get the same page setup. To copy a sheet just hold Ctrl down and drag the worksheet tab to the right or left. Or right click on the tab and select Move or Copy. -- Jim "MSSAC_QA" <MSSAC_QA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Can Advanced Filter be automated?
I am testing Advanced Filtering for an application. I read the Microsoft article http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HP100739421033.aspx Unless I am doing something wrong, it appears that every time I want to change a filter criteria, I must go to Data|Filter|Advanced Filter Can the filter criteria just be input into the cell range and the results change without going to Data|Filter|Advanced Filter each time? Is there a way to automate this process? Thanks Dave record a macro and assign to a button/shape Sub Macro2() ' ' Macro2 Macro ' Macro recorded 7/28/2007 by D...

Can I add html to publisher doc for anchored link?
I am creating a simple one page newsletter in publisher to send out via a mailing list. It has brief synopsis-articles that have hyperlinks to my web page to the more detailed articles. I would like to be able to add the html code for an anchored link to the exact location within/down the page for a given article. I know the coding, I just don't know how, or if it's possible to add it, or edit the hyperlink that you insert via the menu. Thanks for any input! --Jeff Insert the anchor into the web page using insert > html code fragment. <A NAME="READHERE"></...

using variable length named ranges problem
I have 3 variable length lists of data that need to be concatenated in to one column. Presently the following formula works (This is typed in to A1 and copied down the column using the drag handle so in cell A2 refs to C1,D1,E1 are automatically changed to C2,D2,E2 and so on): =IF(ROW()<=COUNTA(C:C),C1,IF(ROW()<=(COUNTA(C:C)+COUNTA(D:D)),OFFSET(D1,(COU NTA(C:C)),0,1,1),IF(ROW()<=(COUNTA(C:C)+COUNTA(D:D)+COUNTA(E:E)),OFFSET(E1,- (COUNTA(C:C)+COUNTA(D:D)),0,1,1),""))) Result - a list of data in column A which is the list of data in column C plus data in column D plus ...

Can you put an active x component on a floating toolbar
Hi, I have an active x component that contains a set of buttons. What I want to do is put these buttons on a floating toolbar. Can I do this? Cheers Matt To answer my own question Yes you can. You use CDialogBar. see Knowledge base article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com: 80/support/kb/articles/q185/6/72.asp&nowebcontent=1 Matt :) "Matt" <matt@work.com> wrote in message news:<bpi5g2$b57$3@rdel.co.uk>... > Hi, > > I have an active x component that contains a set of buttons. What I want to > do is p...

Can't uninstall media extender on Windows 7
I got my PC Media Center and my Xbox360 media extender somehow out of sync with each other. In other words the WMC's don't seem to see each other. It seems the easiest thing for me to do, would be to uninstall the Media Extender from the PC Media Center. Unfortunately when I follow the directions WMC > Tasks > Settings > Extender > (the only option i get is) CONFIGURE (there is no UNINSTALL at this point) The device is seen in WMC as XBOX 360 not set up ...

Can I show a reference value with a string?
Hi All, For a single field, can I show a refernce value (ex: =B2+B3) and then follow up some strings? the final result looks like this: The price is 20 Thank you very much. Best regards, Boki. ="The price is "&B2+B3 -- goober ------------------------------------------------------------------------ goober's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19838 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=486137 If you want to use a format like currency you need to use the TEXT function ="The price is &q...

Can I obtain x values from y values on an Excel chart?
I've constructed an exponential curve, is there a function whereby I can enter new y values to obtain the corresponding x values, instead of having to print it off and read off manually? Many thanks from a novice -Helen Moore if Y=A*Exp(BX); then Ln(Y) - Ln(A) = BX or X= (Ln(Y) -Ln(A))/B Also remember you can use LOGEST or LINEST to extract the trendline coefficients into cells rather than copying them form equation on chart; see http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/ExponentialTrendline&%20LOGEST.htm http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Polynomial.htm best wishes...

Help! Ungrouping Excel Charts --> EMF/WMF. Can't edit objects in 2007 (Freeform issue). Steve Rindsberg?
Hi, I am posting this again in a hope to get attention to my tricky problem Bob _________ Thanks Jon, Some consolotion, but no solution... :-) I am not doing any progress at all with this problem. Really need help!(Saw that Steve had beed in similar thread 1,5 yr ago) Regarding resulting EMF/WMF shapes, there seems to be a big difference between seeting the Shape Border to Solid manually compared to doing it through VBA or through a Chart Style ( I took a standard one). This is bizarre! Is there some way to emulate the manual action in the menu? i.e. something like: Application.Commandbar...

How can I restore my Deleted Items folder?
I have my email setup with IMAP, and while managing my folders I accidentally deleted my "Deleted Items" folder (the default folder created by Outlook). I cannot find any way to restore that folder, or recreate it and direct my deleted items to the new folder. Now when I delete emails they are just gone and I cannot recover them or "undo" a delete. Any suggestions would be appreciated as I am now hesitant to delete anything as it will be gone for good if I do. Hi Seth, maybe this posting by Diane Poremsky could be helpfull: "Recover deleted items f...

How can I reference an Outlook calendar holiday from Excel?
I'm using Excel 2003 and Windows XP Prof. From Excel I want to reference the current year holidays by name (ie. Memorial day, Independence, Christmas etc..) and return the date (ie. 12/25/2006) to Excel. Can anyone give me an example of how this can be done? TIA ...

Best way to insure no users can log in
Hi, I have to run the account combiner for the professional services tools library and I have to insure that no users can log in while it is running. Also we have automated applications that use eConnect to enter data in Great Plains and I have to make sure that they can not connect. Does anyone have good suggestions on how to do that? I was thinking of killing all spids on the server and putting it in pause mode. Is the account combiner using more than one spid (does it need multiple connections?). Thanks, Peter SQL Server enables you to put a database in single-user mode by goin...

Can you script preset values for forms?
I have a Third Party software that is based on Access 2003. They have a login screen that requires a few pieces of information (SQL Server Name, Port number, SQL Database name, ID and Password) in addition to the Database User Name and Password. Depending on which office I'm in, there is a different SQL Server I will need to connect to. What would be the easiest way to PREPOPULATE the infomation for the specific office so that a user only needs to click on an Icon? I know how to connect the approprieate drive via scripting, just unsure how to get the info populated. I'd ask ...

How can I compare two columns for matches
I have two very long lists, one with 38000 entries. How can I easily compare them without having to create a unique identifier with a tedious copy paste step? Chip Pearson has lots of techniques at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm (some worksheet formulas, some macros) Fredric wrote: > > I have two very long lists, one with 38000 entries. How can I easily compare > them without having to create a unique identifier with a tedious copy paste > step? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Old PC is dead, can Outlook contacts be imported?
My old PC fried, I have been able to get my emails in this new Windows mail on another PC, but is there a way to pull old emails and contacts off of a server or something (I know what my Comcast server names are for incoming and outgoing). I don't know if Comcast stores that stuff on a server if I used Outlook. Just to make sure you are talking about contact and emails in Outlook. If it is then you need to get the pst files off of your old computer and have the same version of Outlook installed on your new computer and then put the saved pst files into Outlook to their...

Excel 2003, cannot import quoted fields with separators inside
Hello, I have some data in UTF-8 encoded file with comma separated and quoted values. First I create an empty spreadsheet and then go to Data | Import External Data | Import Data... After selecting the file I choose "Delimited" data type (UTF-8 encoding is recognized automatically). In the next setp I change Delimiters to "Comma" (only!). Text qualifier is already set to double quotes. I would expect in this case that value such as this: "one, two, tree" to be treated as one column. But excel breaks it into three columns 1. "one 2. two 3. three" Am...