Can't update quotes

I am having a problem updating internet quotes .  I use Money 98 Financial
Suite.  When I attempt to update my quotes online all of my stocks come back
as "The symbol "XXX" is invalid".  I realize that Money 98 is an old product,
but the internet quotes should still update.
0
Lt.Dan (1)
12/13/2005 8:17:01 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Don't count on that assertion. One by one it seems quotes downloads for
older versions are mysteriously breaking. Can't say for sure about M98--but
research posting history for newsgroup microsoft.public.money in advanced
groups search at http://groups.google.com for prior postings in the subject.

"Lt.Dan" <Lt.Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am having a problem updating internet quotes .  I use Money 98 Financial
> Suite.  When I attempt to update my quotes online all of my stocks come
back
> as "The symbol "XXX" is invalid".  I realize that Money 98 is an old
product,
> but the internet quotes should still update.

I have not been able to update quotes online since 2 days ago. I am
using Money 2004 Deluxe. Each time I click "update price online", it
eventually says "update complete", but in fact no downloading of
quotes took place at all. I just think at least the message in the
dialog box should be more accurate than this.
0
talismana (59)

set up outlook to reply from "sent to" address
i have two aliases on an account at fastmail.fm . i am finding that if i reply to the aliases, outlook puts the pop username on the reply as the 'from'. not the alias that the email was originally sent to . this makes the idea of using an alias pointless if any replies are involved, unless i think to change accounts whenever replying under those addresses. is there a way to get this to work correctly? -- jeffrey "jeffrey" <astro46@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%RbAl.21967$YU2.9366@nlpi066.nbdc.sbc.com... >i have two aliases on an account at fastmail.fm...

Updating charts in Excel
For some reason, my charts no longer seem to update when the source data itself is updated. The source data cells are actually formulas themselves, but they are updating with the new information just fine. It's very strange that the table the values are drawn from have changed and are current but the chart itself still shows old numbers. The only way I can fix it is to right click, select source data, then re-enter the source data cells. (Actually I change one cell and then change it back and it updates.) Does anyone have any idea why my workbook is no longer updating cells? By...

Unable to install latest updates
Message from the call summary states "An unknown error has occurred. Please try the operation again. If problem persists, einstall Money from you original product disks." I have tried all of this without any success. I have tried to uninstall MSMoney but the uninstall fails. The last update occurred on 6/5/2007. -- Frustrated with Windows Vista Which version of Money are you using? -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org See http://money.mvps.org/faq/default.aspx for tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your product wishes see http://money....

Need to return "Blank" cell but NOT NA()
For my chart, I need to return the equivalent of a truly "blank" cell. The NA() function causes the graph to interpolate the missing point, whereas a blank cell causes the graph to plot nothing. I need to plot nothing. I'm using layered lines, one dashed and one solid, so that I can highlight interpolated points with a dashed style. Currently, I use a white line to mask the solid line that goes to "0" when the driving formula returns "" for the solid line. This works in 90% of situations, but there are some instances that are too complex (too man...

UNABLE TO UPDATE MONEY 98 ONLINE QUOTES
I currently have Windows XP, but still use Money 98, and for several weeks have been unable to update my investment holdings. I receive an error message, "Your call completed, but 37 items could not be processed." As to the reason, I get the error message "The symbol _ _ _ _ is invalid," when I know they're the correct stock and mutual fund symbols. Does anybody have any clues as to what's going on? Do I need to uninstall, then re-install Money 98? Any help greatly appreciated. A number of M98 users have reported quotes problems recently. It's possib...

send/receive error "object not found"
When send/recieve get error message "object not found" anyone? See if http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;312354 helps. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:049501c3b9e4$0f714770$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When send/recieve get error message "object not found" > anyone? ...

Naming "block" of formulas
I guess there was no way to do what I wanted to do (see my earlier postings) so I had to go through my 30,000-row workbook 98 times -- each of the 1,600 items had between 1 and 98 rows of data -- and manually paste the "blocks" of formulas. As result, my mouse-hand no longer has any feeling!! ...

Update Object event
is it possible to update an object field using another field? I was thinking of using this to address the issue of having default email recipients, once the email i sent by workflow, the original value will be returned from a temporary field on the same object.. Thanks ...

AFA Reports under "My reports"
I have some AFA Reports, which i would like to move under "My Reports". I found for GP Reports, Smartlist its possible. Is it possible for AFA Reports to move under "My Reports"? Thanks in Advance, Arun. built in? No. You could probably do this with dexterity however by adding them as your custom reports and then when selected you call the correct procedure to run the report. patrick dev support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Arun" <Arun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

How do I disable "Plot visible cells only" when it is greyed out?
I'm creating a chart from a pivot table that has some "zero" values. The chart will not plot the values that have a zero "y value" along the x-axis and I need to see these. I assume I need to disable "Plot visible cells only." If I Select chart then Tools > Options > Chart, the "Plot visible cells only" field is grayed out. How can I get this field so I can change it? Click on the graph first then go to tools, Options, Charts "L. Klein" wrote: > I'm creating a chart from a pivot table that has some "zero"...

HELP Cannot Filter "Category" when discounting MANY items
Hello, our reseller and I are working on this, but so far; All PCs and server are RMS SP2, all clients are W2K or XPPro in a W2K domain setting. All PCs and server highly stable, SQL2K-sp2, very stable, no bugs. When picking items for Discount, we go StoreManager\Inventory Wizard\Change Item Prices\"Items in this Filter". We have 65000 items, so individual or manual entry is not an option except to add to already discounted groups. The filter finds nothing when choosing options in the filter that includes the term - Category. Items are in very large Departments, then ea. Dept...

Update Headers & Footnotes from User Form
I am trying to get the Header/Footnote to update on all sheets in a Workbook without changing the page formatting. Some of the Sheets are Portrait and some are landscape. I have a User Form that already has the data in some Text Boxes. There is a Control Button (Update_Engineer_Spec_10) that when pushed takes the information on the User Form and Updates the Workbook, but I would like to Update the Header / Footnot as well. The Header was supposed to look like this. Town: TEO No: Page 1 of ? Office: Supplier Order No: Appendix No...

Disappearing Data Items on Pivot Table -Updated Question
I have just created a pivot table with two column fields, 1 row field and six data fields. I can select on the column and row fields but when i try to select items on the data field, the unselected items disappear when i go back into drop down menu on data field to make another selection. The only way to get it back is to add the field to the data. Is there a way of fixing the fields in data. Yours desperately George De-selecting a Data field always removes that field from the Pivot table. It assumes you no longer wish to aggregate that data. Selecting or De-selecting Rows or Colum...

complex update
Help! I have an excel 2000 dbs that needs updating regularly. The dbs is 40 cols wide and looks into two input files, doing some complicated "IFs" and "VLOOKUPs" , pulling info from one or the other, depnding on the IF & lookup. My problem is: it takes a L O O O O N G time to run. My question is: does anyone have any ideas how to speed it up, or maybe could suggest a different approach? Many thanks in advance. Steve remove "_ILY_" to email me email to steve_ILY_@pctamers.co.uk Take a look here: http://www.decisionmodels.com/optspeed.htm In articl...

Update Rollup 3 Fails to Install
I just tried to install Update Rollup 3 for CRM 3.0 Server and it fails with a "Setup failed to update the database. Contact Customer Support" This is a very plain vanilla installation on Win2k server with SQL server installed locally. There as been a few mods to the forms that added some DB attributes, but nothing special. This is an Action Pack license so we don't have Customer Support. What should I do? does the user you are logged in as have sysadmin rights in the sql instance? Dave Ireland "Stewart A" <StewartA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Update and locking
Hi, i have many different users(50) at the same time, which create updates on the same table - each user on different rows. Is it possible that all updates are executed at the same time? Because, now, I guess, when first user create update, the all table is locked and others must wait. What setting should i put into my update statement, that it won't block other users to update their rows? What is the best scenario? Thank you, Simon Simon If your UPDATE locks the entire table I think something is wrong with your logic. It is possible that many users update the same table...

update
hi I can not install the update to office v.X "10.2" '10.4' ".10.5". The cursor is is fixed to "gathering information". In article <ezYYA1LiDHA.1796@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>, "dlcc2" <dlcc2@freesurf.fr> wrote: > hi > > I can not install the update to office v.X "10.2" '10.4' ".10.5". The > cursor is is fixed to "gathering information". > Make sure that the Microsoft Database Daemon is not running (turn it off in Entourage: File/Turn Off Office Notifications...), then log...

Screen Updating
Hi, I'm using ExcelV7.0 for Win95 and have many macros running in a spreadsheet. I have screen updating turned off in all of the macro's. But when I run them, some of the macros still flash the formulas, text etc to the screen but others run perfectly just showing the hourglass until the macro completes. I've checked the updating syntax in each macro and they are identical. Any clues as to why some work and some don't. Regards, Richard Hi, If you are using the vb userform then make sure to add the modal status to the form's show method as follows: UserFo...

Excel Extremely Slow Since Last Couple of Updates

Disable Save & Update Prompts
I am looking for a way to disable the update prompt when the workbook is opened and disable the save prompt when the workbook is closed. 1. I know how to disable the update prompt under the tools menu, but that only disables on my pc, when other open the file from their pc it will still prompt them unless that have unchecked it also. 2. The file is set as read-only so if they do click save it prompts them to save as...etc. I would prefer to eliminate these options to my end user so that they don't misclick etc. The file always needs to update so they don't need an option and t...

Delete option in Applied Task Update Requests and Errors Page
What happens exactly when a line item here is selected and the delete button is clicked? Does a previously applied (accepted) update to a particular assignment get removed from the project in the draft database? In other words, would you do this to remove incorrect updates from the plan? When would this be useful? Thanks, Andy Novak UNT Andy -- No. It only removes the history of the task update being applied. It does NOT remove the update from the Microsoft Project file. Hope this helps. -- Dale A. Howard [MVP] VP of Educational Services msProjectExperts http://ww...

Q: What is the best way to "subclass" the entire app?
Heres the deal... I wrote an MFC extension DLL GUI library. It does all the fancy controls, etc. I'm trying to optimize a few aspects of it. In a lot of places, it obviously needs to know if themes are active or if its in high contrast mode, etc. I have these functions working, but they seem to be creating a bit of overhead as they are called a LOT. I want to cache that value, but what would be a slick way to refresh these cached values? In order to have everything draw correct, I would need to handle WM_THEMECHANGED, WM_SYSCOLORCHANGE, WM_SETTINGCHANGE.... but the catch is, I need...

"Windows PowerShell Cookbook" by Lee Holmes second edition draft available for viewing and comments
O'Reilly Books has made the working text of the PS V2 second edition of Lee Holmes' "Windows PowerShell Cookbook" available for viewing and comments at http://powershell.labs.oreilly.com/ - Larry In message <exi7SKRyKHA.2552@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, Larry__Weiss <lfw@airmail.net> writes >O'Reilly Books has made the working text of the PS V2 second edition >of Lee Holmes' "Windows PowerShell Cookbook" available for viewing and >comments at > > http://powershell.labs.oreilly.com/ > > - Larry > Aw...

Activate Quote Button
Does anyone know how to call the code that "activates" Quotes in JScript? I'd like to put said JScript in a simple Button on the Quote form via the isv.config file. ...

Business Portal "web users"
I have a couple of questions now that I have BP running (properly, I think) I’m certain these are covered in some documentation, but I’m not hitting the right “magic words” for the search engine. 1> It seems that if I want to do something like add a new customer record or inventory item I need to open a Terminal Services session which then requires logging in to a new windows session (on the TS box I assume). This is a very time consuming process. Am I missing something here or is this the only way to accomplish those tasks? 2> What are “web users” supposed to be able to ...