Can't update quotes online

I have Money 2004 running with Windows XP.  Everything had been working fine until January 14th.  Starting then I have not been able to update the prices of my investments online.  The error message says "Your last call encountered an error.  Money was unable to connect to the online server.  CHeck your Internet connection and try the operation again.

My Internet connection is fine (I'm here aren't I??).  I have searched the Knowledge base and have followed all the suggestions, nothing helped.  This included testing the Internet connection to http://moneycentral.msn.com, disabling my firewall (always worked before, but I turned it off anyway), and checked all the stock symbols.  Everything has checked out fine.  I disabled all stock symbols except 1, then I have walked through the list of stocks turning only one on at a time.  Always the same error.  Microsoft won't help because I have an OEM version of Money, Dell is also of no help.  I'm thinking I may have to purchase Quicken (which I don't really want to do but I feel helpless and abandoned)

TIA

0
anonymous (74722)
1/23/2004 4:56:06 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

It looks like the server(s) where down. I had the same problem starting the
same day as you but looking for the information directly on
http://my.msn.com. It started working again late yesterday so this may fix
your problem also.

Frank

"Steve D" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have Money 2004 running with Windows XP.  Everything had been working
fine until January 14th.  Starting then I have not been able to update the
prices of my investments online.  The error message says "Your last call
encountered an error.  Money was unable to connect to the online server.
CHeck your Internet connection and try the operation again."

> My Internet connection is fine (I'm here aren't I??).  I have searched the
Knowledge base and have followed all the suggestions, nothing helped.  This
included testing the Internet connection to http://moneycentral.msn.com,
disabling my firewall (always worked before, but I turned it off anyway),
and checked all the stock symbols.  Everything has checked out fine.  I
disabled all stock symbols except 1, then I have walked through the list of
stocks turning only one on at a time.  Always the same error.  Microsoft
won't help because I have an OEM version of Money, Dell is also of no help.
I'm thinking I may have to purchase Quicken (which I don't really want to do
but I feel helpless and abandoned).

> TIA.

0
FrankV (45)
1/23/2004 12:07:47 PM
I'm having the same problem: "Unable to connect to online
quotes server."  Still happening as of late in the day on
1/23.  So if Frank is able to get through, it must not be
simply that the server is down.  Anyone else with
solution ideas?
KLC

0
klcenter (1)
1/23/2004 11:23:39 PM
Mine worked tonight.  First time in over a week.

0
anonymous (74722)
1/24/2004 1:26:16 AM
That's what I was trying to say. It was down  and now the servers are coming
back up. It's never all at once. That's why my server was finally up
yesterday, yours today, and others are still coming up.

I don't know if you are familiar with something like this but there's a
whole range of servers. You access one, I access another. Depends on area
and who knows what else. That's why they may not all be up at the same time.

What was interesting is it had been down since last week and I finally sent
a message to one of the news groups and it was fixed a few hours latter.

> Mine worked tonight.  First time in over a week.

0
FrankV (45)

Need Syntax for "AND" to Evaluate 2 Cells
I need to evaluate 2 cells while inside an "Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)". I thought AND would work but I cannot get it to work; I receive a syntax error on the AND(Range... line. Can someone please provide me the proper syntax to evaluate the 2 cells? Here's my code... Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If ActiveSheet.Name = "Sheet1" Then And(Range("I3") <> "", Range("K4") = "") Then Range("K4") = Range("K3") End...

Cannot Update Prices Online
I can no longer updated prices online. I use 2003 stnd. When on Portfolio page, if i click on Update Prices on the left, the only option I now have is Update Prices Manually. There is no longer any option for Update Prices Online. Also, on the home page if I do click the Update Online Quotes link, all it does is refresh my related investment charts on the home page. This has worked with no problem as long as I can remember. I cannot think of any changes or updates I have made to the software or options... Standard Edition? In use for a year now? Read the License Agreement (Hel...

Enter "1", cell show ".01". Why?
Any number typed into a cell is divided by 100. If proceded by "=" the number is correct. What caused this and how can I fix it? Try this .. Click Tools > Options > Edit tab Uncheck "Fixed decimal" > OK Things should be back to normal now .. (it's a fixed decimal setting !) -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "Yonian" <Yonian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40499CA4-7FAF-42A6-8B19-A90881735C50@microsoft.com... > Any number typed into a cell is divided by 100. > If p...

Deleting "mail to:" email address links
I have a relativly straight forward spreadsheet where I am maintaining a large address list. It contains a homeowner's lot number, name, address, telephone #, and e- mail address. When attempting to select random cells for data entry/modification, I receive and automated message " mailto: (a random e-mail address) - click once to follow. Click and hold to select this cell." I have no idea where/how this message/feature/function is being attached to these cells but would like to eliminate it. Since seeing these messages, the size of the worksheet has been increasing in ...

Update one table from another

How to install Exchange in an "Administrative Group"
I am running Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003 on a DC in my lab. Exchange is installed in the "First Administrative Group". Now I want to install a second Exchange 2003 Server in another "Administrative Group" called "Midwest". This is what I did: 1. Installed the second Exchange 2003 server in the "First Administrative Group". 2. Created the second "Administrative Group" called "Midwest". 3. Tried to move the second Exchange 2003 server into the "Midwest" Administrative Group. The problem was that I was not able to &q...

VBA Error Message "Compile Error...."
I used a macro from Ron's website to mail each worksheet to the email address in cell a1. I ran this macro and it worked perfectly for one workbook BUT... when I tried to use it for another workbook I got the follwing error message "Microsoft Visual Basic Compile Error Can't find project or library Ok Help". Help me please... do I have to check some more references in the VBA tools? Thanks, Steve Hi Steve Have you set the reference to Outlook in that other workbook also ? You must do that in every workbook or you can use Late binding. See my site for a example --...

Public folder issue, "messaging interface has returned an unknown error"
I'm running a SBS2003 domain and just added a public folder and a customized form for entry into the public folder. All of our clients (all XP Pro, Outlook 2003 with all updates) can get to that folder and use the form without any difficulty except for one. On one computer I get the classic "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." error message. I have tried a repair install, no change. I have tried making a new profile, no change. I have tried adding / removing his PST file (currently he's not even using a pst file...

Adding an "I'm out of the Office" Message
Re Outlook Express. I can't find anywhere on the index about how to send one of those "I will be out of the office from July blah blah to August blah blah." Anyone help, please? thanks-- Richard Hi - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexp...

Won't configure updates...
I am able to install updates, and actually get a "pending" message beside the updates in the Update Manager. But when I restart my computer, I get a 0% installed message next to the 3-3 updates etc. then a message that the updates weren't configured correctly. I'm about ready to punt, any help is appreciated. CrystalBall© sez... Free unlimited installation and compatibility support is available for Windows Vista, but only for Service Pack 2 (SP2). This support, originally scheduled to end 26 November 2009, has been extended until 26 February 2010. A...

Update MSN Services with Money 2007
How can I update the Portfoglio and Accounts on MSN with MS Money 2007 Deluxe version ??? Thank you. Bye. Paolo B. Italy In microsoft.public.money, Paolo B. wrote: >How can I update the Portfoglio and Accounts on MSN with MS Money 2007 >Deluxe version ??? Transactions that you enter yourself into Microsoft Money 2007 would not be forwarded out to MSN Money. This keeps that info on your own computer. For institutions with their own OFX servers, you would have to set up those accounts to download into MSN Money also. Accounts where the data comes in via "third party" ...

Can't install windows updates on SBS 2003
I have a SBS 2003 server that has not been updated in a couple years. It has SP2 installed but when I run Microsoft Update it needs to download and install 96 updates. When I try to get them installed it comes back with an error saying not enough disk space. I have tried to just install 1 update at a time and get the same error. The C:\ drive has over 14GB of free space and the other drives have plenty of space as well. I restarted the server and also ran Disk Cleanup, as the error message reccomends, but am still having the same problem. Anyone run across this problem befo...

Online Quotes don't work anymore
Online quotes stopped working yesterday. I'm using MS Money 2001 standard. Any clues? There was a glitch for a bit that seems to be cleared up now... "Robert" <bob@flythrough.com> wrote in message news:069d01c357ca$e4ccc060$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Online quotes stopped working yesterday. I'm using MS > Money 2001 standard. Any clues? >-----Original Message----- >Online quotes stopped working yesterday. I'm using MS >Money 2001 standard. Any clues? >. >I have the same issue. It worked the first time but not since. Big problem for m...

Online Restore using NT Backup has no edb.chk or edb.log files
I have a single site with four servers running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on NT4 SP6a. I am using an internal 35/70 Compaq DLT. When I back up two servers at the same time using online method, I am missing the edb.log and and edb.chk files when trying to restore the db's. Is there a known issue for this? Thanks, Jim When you make online backup, you are backing up the database content perse, the logs files will be skipped because ntbackup cannot back up open files. I recomend you to adquire a third party backup software with open files and exchange database options, like Veritas to ensu...

"could not fetch new headers " ERROR
i get the error " could not fetch new headers in the inbox of IMA server.The operation was cancelled ", while using my outlook 2000 o win98se mach. config: smtp/imap thro internet mail a/c option pl try to provide solutions to it. the error message pops up say every 5 min whenever outlook is on. thnks n regards gir ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com aggiridharan <aggiridharan.149yy0@outlookforum.com> wrote: > i get the error " coul...

"This May Be Spam!"
We have an End User who, when sending to an individual at another company, has his email flagged "This May Be Spam!". (It's not Spam by any means - it is legit email). I vaguely recall this as being Exchange's way of marking what it feels is potential Spam and I believe the recipients organization is using Exchange. Can anyone confirm this? Thank you. GLT wrote: > We have an End User who, when sending to an individual at another > company, has his email flagged "This May Be Spam!". (It's not Spam by > any means - it is legit email). I vaguely recal...

Saving MY Calendar into "Publication-Calendar"
My problem is that I have to make a certain type of calendar in every month. It would save lots of time forme if I could find a way that I could save my "calendar setting" and also be able to apply the new month's settings. There is any way that I could save my "home-made" calendar into "Publications-Calendar" and call it up just like the other calendars? Thanks. If you have repeating items you just use the Merge for those items every month. -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" I do not understand ho...

Junk E-Mail filter unavailable in online mode
We had Outlook 2003 clients on an Exch 2000 server, and, as expected, the Junk E-Mail filter was not available when working in online mode. In cached mode it was working fine. Now, after upgrading the organization and server to Exch 2003, the Junk E-Mail filter is still not available in online mode. According to all the MS documentation this should be working. Any ideas? Thanks kindly, FV All of the documentation that I have know of says that it works on in Cache Mode. Can you give us a link to the documentation that you saw that shows it will work with online profiles? Thanks, -- Matth...

"Can't copy the items. You don't have permission ..."
I use OL 2003, latest service pack,etc. My PST file is about 1.2 GB and is Unicode-compatible. Lately Outlook shuts down suddenly without warning, and I have left checked the box to restart Outlook automatically. This is a big annoyance. However, in the last 2-3 days, I'm seeing a new kind of problem. I can't delete or move messages from mail folders. I get the message that is in the subject line, and the balance of this message is: ... to create an entry in this folder. Right-click the folder and then click Properties to check your permissions for the folder. See the folder o...

[ANN] "Bend Word to your Will" -- April 2005 edition free download
Dear all, THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS ABOUT A *NON-COMMERCIAL* RESOURCE BASED IN PART ON ACCUMULATED ADVICE FROM THIS NEWSGROUP The latest version of my notes on Word -- titled "Bend Word to Your Will" -- is now available for downloading from the Word MVPs' site, http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/WordMac/Bend/BendWord.htm WHAT IS "BEND WORD TO YOUR WILL"? "Bend Word to Your Will" is not a commercial product for sale -- it's free. It's a dictionary-style (mainly) set of notes on Word that I've been continually adding to and polishing for the past four year...

"Archive all messages sent or received by mailboxes on this store" option problem
I want to backup the all message sent or received by mailboxes, I find that there is an option "Archive all messages sent or received by mailboxes on this store " in Exchanger 2003. I had selected this option and forward to public folder. But I found that not all message will be archived. - All message sent by mailboxes can be archived - Some Messages come from mailboxes will not be archived Eg: yahoo, hotmail, and other company Is this option not archive this message ? Any other setting need to configure ? Dennis ...

how do I keep email messages online and also go to outlook
When I open outlook my email messages go to outlook and if I am away from home can no longer open my yahoo mail account or att mail acount and see my messages because then downloaded into my outlook. Is there a way to have the move ot outlook, but not leave my online account? Set Outlook to leave messages on the server for the accounts in question. -- Russ Valentine "jann" <jann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:146B7F22-72FC-4BF6-A672-06EC5ED88C87@microsoft.com... > When I open outlook my email messages go to outlook and if I am away from &...