Can't update Hewitt Associates 401K account

Hi,

Since the middle of this month,  I don't seem to be able to update my 401K 
account serviced by Hewitt Associates.  Is anyone else having problems?  I 
get the error: "The Internet, banking, or brokerage server could not process 
the request.Please try your call again later.(OFXHTTP400)".  If I try and 
remove online banking and add it back in, it tells me that I have no active 
accounts.  Yet I can reach my account as usual through the web site.  All my 
other accounts seem to work fine.

-- John 


0
John4384 (87)
8/31/2008 4:11:21 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

11 Replies
538 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 16

In microsoft.public.money, JohnA wrote:

>Since the middle of this month,  I don't seem to be able to update my 401K 
>account serviced by Hewitt Associates.  Is anyone else having problems?  I 
>get the error: "The Internet, banking, or brokerage server could not process 
>the request.Please try your call again later.(OFXHTTP400)".  If I try and 
>remove online banking and add it back in, it tells me that I have no active 
>accounts.  Yet I can reach my account as usual through the web site.  All my 
>other accounts seem to work fine.

If the problem continues until Tuesday, I would ask the customer
support at Hewitt Associates. They provide a real OFX server, so
they may be able to help.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
8/31/2008 5:22:21 PM
Yep, been having the same problem.  Drop them an e-mail and watch the 
response.  Should be interesting.  One reply was, must be MS MONEY problem. 
Tried to update through MSN and got the same results.  Is this the 1189 
account??  Good luck.

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, JohnA wrote:
> 
> >Since the middle of this month,  I don't seem to be able to update my 401K 
> >account serviced by Hewitt Associates.  Is anyone else having problems?  I 
> >get the error: "The Internet, banking, or brokerage server could not process 
> >the request.Please try your call again later.(OFXHTTP400)".  If I try and 
> >remove online banking and add it back in, it tells me that I have no active 
> >accounts.  Yet I can reach my account as usual through the web site.  All my 
> >other accounts seem to work fine.
> 
> If the problem continues until Tuesday, I would ask the customer
> support at Hewitt Associates. They provide a real OFX server, so
> they may be able to help.
> 
> 
0
Birdflu (40)
9/2/2008 1:10:00 AM
I have also been having this problem.  States that my last successfule update 
was 8/23.  Glad to see it isn't just me.

"JohnA" wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> Since the middle of this month,  I don't seem to be able to update my 401K 
> account serviced by Hewitt Associates.  Is anyone else having problems?  I 
> get the error: "The Internet, banking, or brokerage server could not process 
> the request.Please try your call again later.(OFXHTTP400)".  If I try and 
> remove online banking and add it back in, it tells me that I have no active 
> accounts.  Yet I can reach my account as usual through the web site.  All my 
> other accounts seem to work fine.
> 
> -- John 
> 
> 
> 
0
Douglas (8)
9/2/2008 6:35:01 AM
I too have been having this problem since 8/23.  I did the same thing and 
now it tell me that I have no active accounts.  I'm going to try to contact 
their customer service today.

Kevin

"Douglas" <Douglas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:0C9AAE14-AE55-4931-A814-2BA4E3826BE1@microsoft.com...
>I have also been having this problem.  States that my last successfule 
>update
> was 8/23.  Glad to see it isn't just me.
>
> "JohnA" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Since the middle of this month,  I don't seem to be able to update my 
>> 401K
>> account serviced by Hewitt Associates.  Is anyone else having problems? 
>> I
>> get the error: "The Internet, banking, or brokerage server could not 
>> process
>> the request.Please try your call again later.(OFXHTTP400)".  If I try and
>> remove online banking and add it back in, it tells me that I have no 
>> active
>> accounts.  Yet I can reach my account as usual through the web site.  All 
>> my
>> other accounts seem to work fine.
>>
>> -- John
>>
>>
>> 


0
kcampbel (98)
9/2/2008 11:46:44 AM
I cannot access them either; Hewitt says it's an MS issue, and MS says it's a 
Hewitt issue.  This is driving me crazy!
0
sjakubik (5)
9/2/2008 1:24:09 PM
JohnA wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since the middle of this month,  I don't seem to be able to 
> update my
> 401K account serviced by Hewitt Associates.  Is anyone else 
> having
> problems?  I get the error: "The Internet, banking, or 
> brokerage
> server could not process the request.Please try your call 
> again
> later.(OFXHTTP400)".  If I try and remove online banking and 
> add it
> back in, it tells me that I have no active accounts.  Yet I 
> can reach
> my account as usual through the web site.  All my other 
> accounts seem
> to work fine.

Quicken users are also reporting the inability to download from 
Hewitt.  How likely is it that both Quicken and Money are 
causing the same problem, while Hewitt bears no responsibility?

-- 

John Pollard
First initial underscore Last name at mchsi dot com
Please reply to newsgroup 


0
invalid460 (432)
9/2/2008 1:45:27 PM
Hi Cal,

Customer support isn't much help, they tell me to call Microsoft.

-- John

"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message 
news:ciklb4l5t8r7uk2rr4jcvbcqfl6huka4km@4ax.com...
> In microsoft.public.money, JohnA wrote:
>
>>Since the middle of this month,  I don't seem to be able to update my 401K
>>account serviced by Hewitt Associates.  Is anyone else having problems?  I
>>get the error: "The Internet, banking, or brokerage server could not 
>>process
>>the request.Please try your call again later.(OFXHTTP400)".  If I try and
>>remove online banking and add it back in, it tells me that I have no 
>>active
>>accounts.  Yet I can reach my account as usual through the web site.  All 
>>my
>>other accounts seem to work fine.
>
> If the problem continues until Tuesday, I would ask the customer
> support at Hewitt Associates. They provide a real OFX server, so
> they may be able to help.
>
> 


0
John4384 (87)
9/2/2008 2:26:22 PM
Same symptoms as JohnA (err. msg. on download; unable to re-establish online 
servces). I have two Money accounts using resources.hewitt.com; both are 
failing. Last good update 8/11. Other Money accounts OK. I'm running Money in 
a Macbook using VMware Fusion and made that transition in the 8/20-31 
time-period, AND put the Macbook behind a new wireless router, AND (oh no 
another change) just upgraded to Money Plus 9/1. Well I'm not backing all 
this stuff out, So my first suspect is port-blocking by my new router, 
suspecting that Money is using some unique port for communicating with 
Hewitt.  Based on your postings (thank YOU everyone !!!), I'm ruling that out 
now, and will pile on with Hewitt customer service. Suggest we all 
communicate to Hewitt of this common problem from 8 or so users.

DanW

"JohnA" wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> Since the middle of this month,  I don't seem to be able to update my 401K 
> account serviced by Hewitt Associates.  Is anyone else having problems?  I 
> get the error: "The Internet, banking, or brokerage server could not process 
> the request.Please try your call again later.(OFXHTTP400)".  If I try and 
> remove online banking and add it back in, it tells me that I have no active 
> accounts.  Yet I can reach my account as usual through the web site.  All my 
> other accounts seem to work fine.
> 
> -- John 
> 
> 
> 
0
DanW (13)
9/2/2008 3:51:01 PM
,My employer uses resources.hewitt.com and I just talked with support. They 
said their System support people are in touch with Hewitt and are working on 
the issue. No estimated time to resolve. Their advice to me is just keep 
trying your download. Looks like it's a Hewitt issue, not a Money problem and 
certainly not a cockpit error!

"DanW" wrote:

> Same symptoms as JohnA (err. msg. on download; unable to re-establish online 
> servces). I have two Money accounts using resources.hewitt.com; both are 
> failing. Last good update 8/11. Other Money accounts OK. I'm running Money in 
> a Macbook using VMware Fusion and made that transition in the 8/20-31 
> time-period, AND put the Macbook behind a new wireless router, AND (oh no 
> another change) just upgraded to Money Plus 9/1. Well I'm not backing all 
> this stuff out, So my first suspect is port-blocking by my new router, 
> suspecting that Money is using some unique port for communicating with 
> Hewitt.  Based on your postings (thank YOU everyone !!!), I'm ruling that out 
> now, and will pile on with Hewitt customer service. Suggest we all 
> communicate to Hewitt of this common problem from 8 or so users.
> 
> DanW
> 
> "JohnA" wrote:
> 
> > Hi,
> > 
> > Since the middle of this month,  I don't seem to be able to update my 401K 
> > account serviced by Hewitt Associates.  Is anyone else having problems?  I 
> > get the error: "The Internet, banking, or brokerage server could not process 
> > the request.Please try your call again later.(OFXHTTP400)".  If I try and 
> > remove online banking and add it back in, it tells me that I have no active 
> > accounts.  Yet I can reach my account as usual through the web site.  All my 
> > other accounts seem to work fine.
> > 
> > -- John 
> > 
> > 
> > 
0
DanW (13)
9/2/2008 8:58:38 PM
Thanks Dan and to everyone who chimed in...   looks like the problem has 
been fixed!

-- John

"DanW" <DanW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:E60C575A-C916-416B-A19B-3A58C389B631@microsoft.com...
> ,My employer uses resources.hewitt.com and I just talked with support. 
> They
> said their System support people are in touch with Hewitt and are working 
> on
> the issue. No estimated time to resolve. Their advice to me is just keep
> trying your download. Looks like it's a Hewitt issue, not a Money problem 
> and
> certainly not a cockpit error!
>
> "DanW" wrote:
>
>> Same symptoms as JohnA (err. msg. on download; unable to re-establish 
>> online
>> servces). I have two Money accounts using resources.hewitt.com; both are
>> failing. Last good update 8/11. Other Money accounts OK. I'm running 
>> Money in
>> a Macbook using VMware Fusion and made that transition in the 8/20-31
>> time-period, AND put the Macbook behind a new wireless router, AND (oh no
>> another change) just upgraded to Money Plus 9/1. Well I'm not backing all
>> this stuff out, So my first suspect is port-blocking by my new router,
>> suspecting that Money is using some unique port for communicating with
>> Hewitt.  Based on your postings (thank YOU everyone !!!), I'm ruling that 
>> out
>> now, and will pile on with Hewitt customer service. Suggest we all
>> communicate to Hewitt of this common problem from 8 or so users.
>>
>> DanW
>>
>> "JohnA" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Since the middle of this month,  I don't seem to be able to update my 
>> > 401K
>> > account serviced by Hewitt Associates.  Is anyone else having problems? 
>> > I
>> > get the error: "The Internet, banking, or brokerage server could not 
>> > process
>> > the request.Please try your call again later.(OFXHTTP400)".  If I try 
>> > and
>> > remove online banking and add it back in, it tells me that I have no 
>> > active
>> > accounts.  Yet I can reach my account as usual through the web site. 
>> > All my
>> > other accounts seem to work fine.
>> >
>> > -- John
>> >
>> >
>> >
> 


0
John4384 (87)
9/3/2008 4:42:56 AM
Looks like the problem has been resolved...

-- John

"JohnA" <John@spamguard-TheAtas.org> wrote in message 
news:%2311g2Q4CJHA.2292@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
>
> Since the middle of this month,  I don't seem to be able to update my 401K 
> account serviced by Hewitt Associates.  Is anyone else having problems?  I 
> get the error: "The Internet, banking, or brokerage server could not 
> process the request.Please try your call again later.(OFXHTTP400)".  If I 
> try and remove online banking and add it back in, it tells me that I have 
> no active accounts.  Yet I can reach my account as usual through the web 
> site.  All my other accounts seem to work fine.
>
> -- John
> 


0
John4384 (87)
9/3/2008 4:43:57 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Analytical Accounting & Manufacturing
Dears, I am facing an issue with one of our Manufacturing clients, that while posting the component transaction entry and and MO recipte entry the Analytical Accounting button is not apearing, so they have to go GL and assgin the proper dimension on the Analytical Accounting. please advice if there is a way to assign this dimension on the manufacturing transaction level. Thanks There is no Analytical Accounting functionality in the Manufacturing module. "Eng. Tareq Sabri" wrote: > Dears, > > I am facing an issue with one of our Manufacturing clients, that while &...

How to find all the properties associated with an object
In VBA when you type something like Sheets and then a period you are given a dropdown list of what can be associated with Sheets. I have on many occassions had great help from many in this group that give instances such as "ActiveSheet.ShowAllData" where typing in ActiveSheet and the period reveals no such list. Is there somewhere or somehow a method that I can get the full (or fullish) list where the objects' properties are not given? Rob "rob nobel" <robnobel@nospamdodo.nospamcom.nospamau> wrote... .... >where typing in ActiveSheet and the period reveals n...

pausing macro while cells update
I have a spreadsheet with some Reutes Wealth Manager formulas. I wish to change the RIC code in some of these cells and then check if the code is valid. For this i need to pause the macro while the cell/s update. If i use Application.wait then everything pauses and the cells do not update. I guess i need to find out what the code is to refresh the Reuters links Any ideas will be gratefully recieved -- with kind regards Spike You can insert this snippet in where you need to pause. It will operate on tenths of seconds as well as whole seconds. i.e. 1 for whole, 0.1 ...

Using Blackberry to update CRM
I'm almost positive that this will work, but I'd like someone out there to confirm it. If a user has a Blackberry that connects to Exchange using BlackBerry's server integration software, and that user edits a record that syncs to Exchange, will that change be reflected in CRM 3, assuming that the record is tagged for tracking in CRM? I can't see why it wouldn't work, but I want to make sure. Thanks for any feedback! -Eric. Sorry this will not work. YOu might want to check out tendigits.com for a full blackberry integration to CRM ==============================...

Timeout error in incident.update
I have an incident.update line in my post callout. No matter how simple the update strIncidentXml is, I always get timeout error from the server. Afterwards I changed my mind and decided to use SQL update statement to update the incidentbase table. Again I get timeout expired message (ErrorMessage: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding) What can be causing this? Why am I not being able to update incidents? Thanks in advance for your ideas. ...

Account Modifier Issues
I'm trying to use the PSTL Account Modifier / Combiner with GP 10 and have some issues. I hope some of you wonderfully wise people can help! Issue 1: I'm running the Modifier using the Import functionality. I was able to process the first batch - about 2500 records. When I try to start the 2nd batch, I hit the wall. I can run the Validate process and the accounts validate fine. When I try to start the Import process, however, I keep getting a message to run the Validate process. No matter how many times I run the Validate process, I can't start the import proc...

Workbooks that are not directly linked updating?
I have 3 workbooks: WB1, WB2, and WB3. WB1 and WB2 are both linked to WB3 but not each other. WB1 contains volumes and WB2 contains costs. When I open these two together and say no to updating the values change anyway. Any clue on why two workbooks update even if I say no or don't want to have WB3 open? -- MM ...

Internet Update zapped by October budget
Today after I downloaded transactions from my online accounts I noticed that my October budget was gone. It was there yesterday, so the only thing I can think happened was that the "Money Update" portion of the Internet Update downloaded something that affected my October budget. Has this happened to anyone else? On the individual transactions the catagories I assigned are still there, but the information for all of October has been deleted from the budget. What do I do now? Thank you. >-----Original Message----- >Today after I downloaded transactions from my on...

Help with mutiple profiles / accounts
Hi there, I have multiple different pop3 accounts i would like to use from 1 profile, is this possible? Please help. I have 3 different pop 3 accounts which i have setup. I also have 3 different data folders that the mail from each account drops into, this works fine. However, how do I set it so that when I reply to an email from 'pop1' it uses the pop1 smtp server and account details and when I reply or create emails for 'pop2' it uses pop2 details (the same for pop3). This was possible in outlook express, in the email window, there was a simply a drop down from which...

No updates possible 80072EFE
Hello, Since a few days now, it is completely impossible for me to receive updates for Windows 7 Ultimate. I keep getting an 80072EFE error. When I try to go to the microsoft update website itself, something seems to stop me, saying "The page can not be displayed", and I have had browser issues for a few days too, ie. when I follow a link I searched on Google, I get sent to advertising websites, and, as mentioned before, something seems to block the sites which could help me sort out my problem. I have already done Malware checks with Spybot Search and Destroy, Lava...

How to reorder email accounts in Mail view?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Is there a way to change the order that email accounts display on the left side in Mail view? Hi, sorry, you can't change that. The accounts are ordered alphabetically, with the default account on top. On 22/02/10 18:51, spamtarget@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: > Intel Email Client: Exchange Is there a way to change the order that > email accounts display on the left side in Mail view? -- Mi...

Convert Accounts to Leads
Hi, We have installed microsoft CRM 1.2, and we would like to convert some accounts to leads. Is that possible? Thanx so far Hg no . . . leads can only be turned into accounts. -- Brandon Smith Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions" http://www.presentationsdirect.com "Ino" <Ino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE2F8786-EF44-4DA4-B8C6-C1BDE2754F3D@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > We have installed microsoft CRM 1.2, and we would like to convert some > accounts to leads. > > Is that possible? > > Thanx so far &...

setting up multiple hotmail accounts not possible
I am trying to set up 2 Hotmail accounts in Outlook 2002. When I have entered all the correct information and try to Send/Receive, after about a minute, it gives me an error message saying that it needs to be in offline mode. My original account works fine and does even with the second added. But when I add the second e-mail address, it doesn't send or receive from that new account. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? It would be greatly appreciated. Steve Outlook does not support more than 1 account - some people have 2 or more working but it seems like the luck ...

merging two accounts
This seems like something that should be easy, but it's totally stumped me. I use my laptop at home and at work. At work, I log onto a domain, so that I actually have two accounts on my laptop: "username" and "username.domain". So far so good. My problem is that I use the same email accounts both at work and at home. To avoid having two independent Outlooks on my computer that check the same email accounts, I moved the data file (.pst) locations of both accounts to one place. This worked fine, and when I opened Outlook from both accounts, it shows the sa...

Updating a Running total from a cell
Hi, I have an inventory list that I want to update the "On-Hand" field, keep the running total, from an update entry into the "this shipment" field for each inventory item. I will not be adding lines, just updating the "this shipment" cell for each product. I want it to look like this: On Hand This Shipment Running Total Product #1 5 3 8 Product #2 10 -5 5 Product #3 20 10 30 ...

SCOM RMS install account to use
Security wants to see why we cant use a local account to install RMS. We did. Now running setup for other components such as Reporting, which connects back to the RMS, and the RMS cannot verify that the account being used is in the SCOM admins domain security group. Installing RMS with a domain account rather than local account fixes this. Where's the documentation that says you must install with a domain account and cannot use a local account? And if a domain account is used, what happens if that domain account is later deleted - Security is asking ..... Tks, Joe Wrong...

Invalid month in Project Accounting error
When entering the project number in the Billing Entry screen in Project Accounting, I receive the following error: Unhandled script exception: Invalid month '0' in date function. Script terminated. EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_OUT_OF_RANGE SCRIPT_CMD_SETDATE This is currently only happening for one particular customer. I can't find anything in the knowledge base. Does anyone have a solution. Thanks, Eric ...

update numeric labels after insert
I have a spreadsheet with a list of bills before the State Legislature. I'd like to be able to insert a new bill into the list and have the numeric labels, 1,2,3,4... automatically increase by 1 from the inserted row down rather than have to re-autofill all of them. I can't imagine that someone hasn't already done this. Anyone have any ideas? TIA In your numbers column, try this: =ROW() And drag down to copy as needed (the first time). From then on, all you'll need to fill will be the actually inserted rows. If you're not starting at Row1, revise the formula to get the...

Dynamic chart not updating correctly.
Oh Wise Ones, I posted a similar question a few weeks ago, but I have more to add. I have a range (C4:C23) that dynamically pulls data from a sql server every 2 seconds and updates every 2 seconds. The problem is the chart I have attatched that graphs this range will not update even though I can see the values changing in the cells. What I have noticed since my last post, is that while I run WinXP/Excel XP, there is another station running Win2000/Excel 2000 that has a chart that updates dynamically. What gives? Thanks, Mike ...

Automatic Updates 09-12-10
I have a Dell Inspiron e1505 with Windows XP Home Edition - SP3. Overall workinig pretty good. I have Automatic Updates turned on and for some reason it keeps wanting to "Installing Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 (update 1 of 1)... ", however just as it's starting a window entitled "SL18.tmp" pops up and says "SL18.tmp has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." My only option at this point is to Close the window and then the Automatic Update stops, but then after a while it tries again with ...

Outlook Time Zone Data Update Tool
I'm not having any luck in finding more information about the Outlook Time Zone Data Update Tool and even a harder time locating the download. I've read article http://www.microsoft.com/windows/timezone/dst2007.mspx, it contains a link to the Microsoft Download Center but the tool doesn't list when you select the downloads for Outlook. I tried to do a search on MS for the "Outlook Time Zone Data Update Tool", with no luck locating the download. Does anyone know where to obtain a copy of the tool or if Microsoft has released it out to download. The MS articles state it...

Setting Up Yahoo Mail Account in Outlook
I am using Outlook 2002 and want to set it up to receive mail from my Yahoo address. How do I do this? I am not sure of the settings for this and can't find it anywhere on Yahoo. Thanks. Pat Sigh...3 clicks http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/pop/pop-40.html=20 --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, patetc asked: | I am using Outlook 2002 and want to set it up to receive mail from my | Yahoo address. How ...

print number of update records through sql job
I have update statement which updates column name (auditor_details) in a churn of 5000 records at a time of auditor table which contain 3.2 millions records. I have schedule this through sqljob. I'm looking over sql example to check for update records and gives a output and quit the jobs if no update records. Thanks in advance sqlnovice (sqlnovice@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > I have update statement which updates column name (auditor_details) in a > churn of 5000 records at a time of auditor table which contain 3.2 > millions records. I have schedule this...

Why is it that every time you install a security update you get vi
I installed the latest upgrade for IE8 security update and my computer crahed the next day. What ever it let in, it wiped out all of my backup points. It will go back to something but once windows is able to come up, it freezes and shuts down. I have heard of other people having the same problem with IE8. What can I try with out wiping everything off the hard drive or taking it to some one to recover data? And I dout Microsoft will pay for the repairs. -- ICS Hi, Did you install anything between the update and the next day? We need to know your windows version and serv...

Default Email Account
I am using MS Outlook 2003 on a Windows SBS 2003 network. I do not want to use the Exchange server to send my email to my ISP. I want to send to the ISP directly from my computer. So, I open Tools/Email Accounts.... select E-mail View or change existing e-mail accounts and click Next>. I then highlight my ISP account Name and click Set as Default. It is now set as the default instead of the Microsoft Exchange Server. However, when I restart the next morning, I have to go through the same procedure since the default has reset to the MS Exchange Server. How can I make the ISP account t...