Can't update bank account /credit cards

Is anyone else experiencing problems downloading the data?  It just waits
forever and then errors out.
0
misterp (4)
8/8/2007 12:30:01 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

"misterp" <misterp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is anyone else experiencing problems downloading the data?  It just waits
> forever and then errors out.

Yes indeed, the same problem here.
Money 2007 Premium, build 1303.

   ...  Hank

Same problem here, and I can't find a fix, or figure out why it won't update.

On Aug 7, 8:30 pm, misterp <mist...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Is anyone else experiencing problems downloading the data?  It just waits
> forever and then errors out.

Same for me; it has happened ever since MS forced me to upgrade the
software (and manually copying transactions from one account to a
duplicate since their %$#@&* merging algo does not seem to work...).

Same here -- started yesterday and continues through today -- at first, only
the 3rd party serviced (yodlee) accounts had the problem, but now no accounts
will update including the "direct" update accounts.

"misterp" wrote:

> Is anyone else experiencing problems downloading the data?  It just waits
> forever and then errors out.
0
STinGA (44)
8/8/2007 2:26:35 AM
I'm so glad I found this post and it's not just me....I'm pretty much screwed
until I get the full version though. I'm still on trial....unless you guys
have an idea as to how to fix it.

"misterp" wrote:

> Is anyone else experiencing problems downloading the data?  It just waits
> forever and then errors out.
Yes same here in Massachusetts.  This is getting old as it happens all the
time.  I checked the network status and there is nothing about any problems.
Also I tried removing the temporary files in explorer and also repairing
file which are the two fixes.

Just My Two Cents

"misterp" wrote:

> Is anyone else experiencing problems downloading the data?  It just waits
> forever and then errors out.
0
jcbyte (11)
8/8/2007 2:52:04 AM
I understand how to remove the temporary files, but don't know to "repair
file"...?

"jcbyte" wrote:

> Yes same here in Massachusetts.  This is getting old as it happens all the
> time.  I checked the network status and there is nothing about any problems.
> Also I tried removing the temporary files in explorer and also repairing
> file which are the two fixes.
>
> Just My Two Cents
>
> "misterp" wrote:
>
> > Is anyone else experiencing problems downloading the data?  It just waits
> > forever and then errors out.
On Aug 7, 8:30 pm, misterp <mist...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Is anyone else experiencing problems downloading the data?  It just waits
> forever and then errors out.

By the way, do you guys see the status for your accounts as
permanently stuck in the "Update in progress" mode when looking at
your account list? This is true even when I restart Money.

Note: I thought this may have been a firewall issue (since I updated
the Money software, it could have been not recognized yet) but I
disabled mine (ZoneAlarm) and the problem seems to remain.

No, I don't.   I get "Update unsuccessful" in my account list.   Sounds like
our problems may be different, but same result.

In microsoft.public.money, misterp wrote:

>Is anyone else experiencing problems downloading the data?  It just waits
>forever and then errors out.

There is obviously a problem. I tried a file that includes a
third-party download, and saw the problem. A file that does direct
OFX only did not have the problem.

Don't do anything rash, such as changing your LiveID/Passport.

Try again tomorrow.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
8/8/2007 4:05:14 AM
"Thierry" <Thierry.Marbach@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Aug 7, 8:30 pm, misterp <mist...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>> Is anyone else experiencing problems downloading the data?  It just waits
>> forever and then errors out.
>
> By the way, do you guys see the status for your accounts as
> permanently stuck in the "Update in progress" mode when looking at
> your account list? This is true even when I restart Money.
>
> Note: I thought this may have been a firewall issue (since I updated
> the Money software, it could have been not recognized yet) but I
> disabled mine (ZoneAlarm) and the problem seems to remain.

Yes, I get them stuck in "update in progress" also.

--

  ... Hank

http://home.comcast.net/~horedson/
http://home.comcast.net/~w0rli/

> In microsoft.public.money, misterp wrote:
>
>>Is anyone else experiencing problems downloading the data?  It just waits
>>forever and then errors out.
>
> There is obviously a problem. I tried a file that includes a
> third-party download, and saw the problem. A file that does direct
> OFX only did not have the problem.
>
> Don't do anything rash, such as changing your LiveID/Passport.
>
> Try again tomorrow.

I made a copy of my money file.
Deleted the one account that did not use OFX directly.
All is working again.

Went to Moneycentral and attempted to update that
one account. It just hung on the "updating" screen.

So the problem is at the Moneycentral end ;-)

--

Cal Learner-- MVP <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote:

>In microsoft.public.money, misterp wrote:
>
>>Is anyone else experiencing problems downloading the data?  It just waits
>>forever and then errors out.
>
>There is obviously a problem. I tried a file that includes a
>third-party download, and saw the problem. A file that does direct
>OFX only did not have the problem.
>
>Don't do anything rash, such as changing your LiveID/Passport.
>
>Try again tomorrow.

Pathetic. This is why I removed my Live ID. My non-LIve ID
accounts were failing. Now, having removed it, it works fine.
Ed Hansberry  (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of all)
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices   www.pocketpc.com

"misterp" wrote:

> Is anyone else experiencing problems downloading the data?  It just waits
> forever and then errors out.
My behavior was that my accounts all got stuck in the Updating status and I
fixed some of it.

OK.  removed my bank accounts from the online update, and my credit cards
updated immediately.  It would appear that there is an unnecessary dependence
on msn money central when updating accounts that are not provided via yodelee
misterp (4)
8/8/2007 10:44:06 AM
Well GregDude,  I believe it's the same problem because I get both sometimes
I'll get Update Unsuccessful and then other times I'll get Update in
progress...I probably messed myself up even more though by uninstalling and
deleting my Money file and starting all over because now it won't even take
my login information. It'll go through the whole thing and then it'll discard
the info I put in and say that I need to set up my bank for online access.

On Aug 8, 6:44 am, misterp <mist...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> OK.  removed my bank accounts from the online update, and my credit cards
> updated immediately.  It would appear that there is an unnecessary dependence
> on msn money central when updating accounts that are not provided via yodelee

Bingo. This ("stop using online services" for my bank under "manage
online services") works for me too. So it is a problem with
downloading bank accounts through Yodlee. Well, this is only a
temporary solution but it nevertheless helps.

misterp <misterp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>"misterp" wrote:
>
>> Is anyone else experiencing problems downloading the data?  It just waits
>> forever and then errors out.
>My behavior was that my accounts all got stuck in the Updating status and I
>fixed some of it.
>
>OK.  removed my bank accounts from the online update, and my credit cards
>updated immediately.  It would appear that there is an unnecessary dependence
>on msn money central when updating accounts that are not provided via yodelee

I do not understand why MS does this. Leave my direct updates
alone. By running it through this MSN crap cannot possibly
benefit Microsoft but it sure hurts the user when one of MS's
servers gets flaky. I understand if the Yodlee/MSN piece fails.
Ok, stuff happens, but why do they cause direct imports to fail
too? Insane.

So, I disconnected the MSN/WIndows Live link. Not worth it.
Ed Hansberry  (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of all)
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices   www.pocketpc.com
I've had the problem for 2 days with third-party download.  My direct was
unable to connect for most of yesterday but did finally connect, but is
again not updating today.

> In microsoft.public.money, misterp wrote:
>
>>Is anyone else experiencing problems downloading the data?  It just waits
>>forever and then errors out.
>
> There is obviously a problem. I tried a file that includes a
> third-party download, and saw the problem. A file that does direct
> OFX only did not have the problem.
>
> Don't do anything rash, such as changing your LiveID/Passport.
>
> Try again tomorrow.

0
jbarnes (58)
8/8/2007 2:08:39 PM
I have the same issue.  Has not updated since 8/6.  Tried restore to 8/6 but
will not update so went back to current file.  Very frustrating, come on
Microsoft, let's get this fixed!
Don

"Ed Hansberry, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices" wrote:

> misterp <misterp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>

> >"misterp" wrote:
> >
> >> Is anyone else experiencing problems downloading the data?  It just waits
> >> forever and then errors out.
> >My behavior was that my accounts all got stuck in the Updating status and I
> >fixed some of it.
> >
> >OK.  removed my bank accounts from the online update, and my credit cards
> >updated immediately.  It would appear that there is an unnecessary dependence
> >on msn money central when updating accounts that are not provided via yodelee
>
> I do not understand why MS does this. Leave my direct updates
> alone. By running it through this MSN crap cannot possibly
> benefit Microsoft but it sure hurts the user when one of MS's
> servers gets flaky. I understand if the Yodlee/MSN piece fails.
> Ok, stuff happens, but why do they cause direct imports to fail
> too? Insane.
>
> So, I disconnected the MSN/WIndows Live link. Not worth it.
> Ed Hansberry  (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of all)
> What is on my Pocket PC? http://www.ehansberry.com/
> Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices   www.pocketpc.com
> What is an MVP? - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

0
DonHubbard (12)
8/8/2007 3:56:06 PM
I have the exact same issue.  Has not updated since 8/6.  Tried restore but
that didn't work either, so went back to my current file.  When can we expect
a fix to this?
Don

"John Barnes" wrote:

> I've had the problem for 2 days with third-party download.  My direct was
> unable to connect for most of yesterday but did finally connect, but is
> again not updating today.
>
> "Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message
> > In microsoft.public.money, misterp wrote:
> >
> >>Is anyone else experiencing problems downloading the data?  It just waits
> >>forever and then errors out.
> >
> > There is obviously a problem. I tried a file that includes a
> > third-party download, and saw the problem. A file that does direct
> > OFX only did not have the problem.
> >
> > Don't do anything rash, such as changing your LiveID/Passport.
> >
> > Try again tomorrow.

0
DonHubbard (12)
8/8/2007 4:02:13 PM
Microsoft has added a notice that they are working on the problem
and expect it to be fixed shortly.
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/common/networkstatus.aspx

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
8/8/2007 5:11:29 PM

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, misterp wrote:
>
> >Is anyone else experiencing problems downloading the data?  It just waits
> >forever and then errors out.
>
> There is obviously a problem. I tried a file that includes a
> third-party download, and saw the problem. A file that does direct
> OFX only did not have the problem.
>
> Don't do anything rash, such as changing your LiveID/Passport.
>
> Try again tomorrow.

0
Striker (3)
8/8/2007 6:20:01 PM

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, misterp wrote:
>
> >Is anyone else experiencing problems downloading the data?  It just waits
> >forever and then errors out.
>
> There is obviously a problem. I tried a file that includes a
> third-party download, and saw the problem. A file that does direct
> OFX only did not have the problem.
>
> Don't do anything rash, such as changing your LiveID/Passport.
>
> Try again tomorrow.

0
Striker (3)
8/8/2007 6:22:06 PM
Microsoft has updated the status page that the problem is resolved,
but there could be a temporary overload as people catch up.

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/common/networkstatus.aspx
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
8/8/2007 9:34:10 PM
Everything is updating again...except for my pesky Discover Card.
Anyone else "Discovering" this problem?

On Wed, 8 Aug 2007 08:56:06 -0700, Don Hubbard
<DonHubbard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have the same issue.  Has not updated since 8/6.  Tried restore to 8/6 but
>will not update so went back to current file.  Very frustrating, come on
>Microsoft, let's get this fixed!
>Don
>
>"Ed Hansberry, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices" wrote:
>
>> misterp <misterp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>> >My behavior was that my accounts all got stuck in the Updating status and I
>> >fixed some of it.
>> >
>> >OK.  removed my bank accounts from the online update, and my credit cards
>> >updated immediately.  It would appear that there is an unnecessary dependence
>> >on msn money central when updating accounts that are not provided via yodelee
>>
>> I do not understand why MS does this. Leave my direct updates
>> alone. By running it through this MSN crap cannot possibly
>> benefit Microsoft but it sure hurts the user when one of MS's
>> servers gets flaky. I understand if the Yodlee/MSN piece fails.
>> Ok, stuff happens, but why do they cause direct imports to fail
>> too? Insane.
>>
>> So, I disconnected the MSN/WIndows Live link. Not worth it.
>> --
>> __________________________________________________________________________________
>> Ed Hansberry  (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of all)
>> What is on my Pocket PC? http://www.ehansberry.com/
>> Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices   www.pocketpc.com
>> What is an MVP? - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

0
nomail2158 (15)
8/10/2007 12:37:42 AM
nomail@mybox.net wrote:

>Everything is updating again...except for my pesky Discover Card.
>Anyone else "Discovering" this problem?

My "DIscover Card" works fine, but I disconnected the "Windows
Live" component from my file and am now just doing direct
connections.