Can't Uninstall 2004 to Install 2005

I installed 2004 Deluxe via web download.  I have bought
the 2005 Deluxe installation CD.

When trying to install 2005, it recommends that 2004 be
uninstalled and offers to do it for me.

The uninstallation stops when it cannot find the
money.msi file anywhere.  I don't have this file on my
computer anymore (not sure if I ever had it).

I would like to cleanly uninstall 2004 to install 2005.

Any suggestions?
0
eamedler (1)
10/10/2004 11:22:04 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Ted Medler wrote:

>I installed 2004 Deluxe via web download.  I have bought
>the 2005 Deluxe installation CD.
>
>When trying to install 2005, it recommends that 2004 be
>uninstalled and offers to do it for me.
>
>The uninstallation stops when it cannot find the
>money.msi file anywhere.  I don't have this file on my
>computer anymore (not sure if I ever had it).
>
>I would like to cleanly uninstall 2004 to install 2005.
>
>Any suggestions?

These may help:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319298&Product=mny
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827814&Product=mny

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
10/11/2004 12:14:25 AM
The MSI strikes again...  I don't why they can't get that right.

--

regards,
Michael Abbaticchio

> In microsoft.public.money, Ted Medler wrote:
>
>>I installed 2004 Deluxe via web download.  I have bought
>>the 2005 Deluxe installation CD.
>>
>>When trying to install 2005, it recommends that 2004 be
>>uninstalled and offers to do it for me.
>>
>>The uninstallation stops when it cannot find the
>>money.msi file anywhere.  I don't have this file on my
>>computer anymore (not sure if I ever had it).
>>
>>I would like to cleanly uninstall 2004 to install 2005.
>>
>>Any suggestions?
>
> These may help:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319298&Product=mny
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827814&Product=mny

0
nospam6185 (535)

Reverying back to Office 2004 from Office 2008
I need to revert back to Office 2004 because Office 2008 Student Edition won't access my Exchange Server. How would I go about this while keeping my identitry? From the last several posts in this thread, under "how to go back" http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage/browse_thread/thread/64543d7f938c0c09/5b9cd43909f48421#5b9cd43909f48421 2 options: 1) use Entourage 2008 to export an archive of your identity. Entourage 2004 should be able to open that archive. (File Export and File Import) 2) Your Office 2004 identity should still be in username...

how do I install templates into office 2003 publisher
I downloaded CD Label and Jewel Case Inserts from Poly Line. My problem is I find no way of installing them in MS Office 2003 Publisher. I also downloaded their templates for Word 2003 and they install fine but Word doesn't work like Publisher. I ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I A...

Ultrasoft MoneyLink for Money 2004?
Do you know if Ultrasoft MoneyLink will be updated to work with Money 2004? If so, any word on when that might be available? Thanks... --Tad I expect to see a version for 2004 -- and think it will come out shortly after the official Money 2004 release. -- Will you sponsor me in the Tour de Cure? http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR?pg=personal&fr_id=1058&px=1626087 "Tad Price" <tadprice@bigfoot.com> wrote in message news:003b01c34fb1$6781c770$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Do you know if Ultrasoft MoneyLink will be updated to > work with Money 2004? If so, any word on...

Uninstall Exchange 2003 #2
Hi, I have a small network environment under DC, Server 2K3. Email server is Exchange 2003 on a single member server. For some reason, I need to uninstall Exchange on that same server and reinstall it again. Any detailed How-To guide, especially about: 1 - Deleting mailboxes. 2 - Restoring storage group (already backed-up using ntbackup utility) after fresh installation is complete. Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks Yba My first question is why the Uninstall? Secondly, if you are going to do this then you will need a temporary server or beefy pc. Basically the steps are: 1. I...

Using Office 2004 and Office 2008 on the Same Computer
Hello all, Is it possible to install say Word 2004 and Excel 2004 and Entourage 2008 and Powerpoint 2008 on the same computer? Alternatively, can I buy a Apple Script recorder so that I can easily create Apple Macros? Then I wouldn't care if I had Word and Excel 2004... Regards to all! JP On 4/30/08 10:57 AM, in article 3f85aac8-1b31-44b6-9fd9-9f383cae765d@k13g2000hse.googlegroups.com, "jpensuisse@gmail.com" <jpensuisse@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello all, > > Is it possible to install say Word 2004 and Excel 2004 and Entourage > 2008 and Powerpoint 2008 on th...

My password don't work on my MS Money 2004 Business edition
Hi everyone, I am panicing.My Microsoft Money Small Business Edition password is not working. Somehow my password changed. All my business data and personal financial data is on there and i don't know what to do. About two days my password does not work. I did not change anything. I wanted to print an invoice and it wouldn't allow me to. It would not allow me to go further without a password. Is there a solution to this problem or I am just doomed. Please do a search... if you did a very little superficial search, you will notice MANY people having the same problem. >-----Or...

2008 upgrade didn't remove 2004
The Office 2008 upgrade seemed to install fine (OS X 10.4.11) but it didn't offer to remove my previous Office 2004 installation, which is still there. Should I just delete 2004 from Applications? Delete 2008 and start over? Thank you, Charles In article <NoSpam-FCD6DE.10104517012008@sfo.news.speakeasy.net>, Charles <NoSpam@NoSpam.tld> wrote: > The Office 2008 upgrade seemed to install fine (OS X 10.4.11) but it > didn't offer to remove my previous Office 2004 installation, which is > still there. > > Should I just delete 2004 from Applications? ...

Pocket Money 2005 Is Available Now
For those of you who have been asking about the latest version of Pocket Money, the 2005 version is available for download now at: http://www.microsoft.com/money/addons.mspx It is fully compatable with Microsoft Money 2005 Standard, Deluxe, Premium, and Small Business Edition. Thanks, Ken Mattson MVP This is what I got when I went to the site this afternoon. Has it been recalled already? Microsoft Money for Windows Mobile-based Pocket PCs is coming soon! Pierre Aterianus "Ken Mattson" <kmattson@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:dttld.41461$QJ3.2947@newssvr21....

Converting to Money 2004 from Quicken2002
I am trying to decide whether to stick with Quicken or move to Money. TaxCut and MS are offering a good rebate but I cannot convert my data with the trial edition of Money. It provides the very useful message,"Your Quicken file could not be converted." I sometimes wonder if they pay people to think these up. Checking this group suggests that this is not an isolated incident. If I cannot convert, I cannot switch. There is too much to enter. Is there a log file somewhere that might tell me more? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Otis Bricker wrote: >I am trying to decide whe...

installation programs
Hi We have an MFC program and we currently use Wise (old version) for the installation program. It works reasonably well but we want to change to a more up-to-date installation system. Is there anything using Visual Basic or VBScript so I dont have to learn yet another scripting language :) Any advice or information will be much appreciated Phil Why not use Visual Studio/Windows Installer? It can run VBScripts in custom actions; you can create a VB (or C# or C++) installation DLL that will implement the 4 stock custom actions provided by Visual Studio, or you can implement hand...

How to open Word and Excel files in Office 2004?
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3188235263_964481 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Hi, Even though I have Office 2004(O4) installed, when I click on the individual files, they still open up in Office for OSX (OX). How do I get them to open up in O4 instead of OX?? I�d hate to delete OX and not have access to any of my Office files. Thanks. Frank --B_3188235263_964481 Content-type: text/html; charset="ISO-8859-1&qu...

Installing an upgrade to a new Mac
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel We are installing new iMacs for our users. We own Office X (original), Office 2004 (upgrade) and Office 2008 (upgrade). We have 6 copies of each (X, 2004 & 2008). How can we install Office 2008 onto the new iMacs? It is being removed from the old macs. Can we just install the 2008 upgrade and then insert the X or 2004 CD when it looks for the old version? What is the correct proceedure? Thanks, Rich Found the answer by trying the install with a new 2008 CD. The installation key determines whether it is an upgrade...

Can't sign into Money 2004
I tried to use Money 2004 installed on my HP laptop, and it asks for a passowrd. My .netpassport does not work. I called HP and they said uninstall and reinstall, but it didn't work. I have no choices except to enter password; the only selection is File - new, restore, backup, close. I tried to uninstall and install Money 2005 trial version -same problem. What can I do? -- Diane In microsoft.public.money, Diane wrote: >I tried to use Money 2004 installed on my HP laptop, and it asks for a >passowrd. My .netpassport does not work. Did you successfully use Money 2004 on...

Sounds, PPT 2004 11.3.5 ICONs show during slide show
I need help with sounds and not being able to hide the SOUND ICON from showing during the presentation. I have a large presentation and about 20 slides have sounds (bird songs, music clips) to go with the photos. I have used the same presentation and the sounds worked flawlessly many times over the last few years. I now have a problem. Unlike before, the sounds do NOT play for several of the slides, (except as explained below) On those slides for which I have wave files indicated by the icon that looks like a speaker (with a blue circle in the middle) the sounds work fine. I hide the icon by p...

Virtual accounts in Money 2004. Good idea or not? Opinions?
I am a firm believer in the general financial lessons taught by Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University. One of his techniques is the envelope system. You have different envelopes setup for rent or mortgage, groceries, clothing, electricity, etc; whatever you have on your normal monthly budget. Each paycheck you insert into each envelope however much you need to have enough to cover that bill at the end of the month or whenever the bill is due. This works great if you work with only cash but I usually don't cash my paychecks nor do I want to start keeping a bunch of cash lyi...

How to install a certificate from a .cer file?
or get the 'CRL_CONTEXT' info from the file, thanks. ...

Installing multiple Notes connector
Hi, I am referring to one of the MS guide, where it says it is possible to install multiple Lotus Connectors for scalability. Well..i tried to install just the connector component along with System manager component; but it refuses to install. My question: Do i need to install whole Exchange server in order to install Lotus COnnector on that server? Or, can i install just the connector component? Thanks, On Fri, 3 Nov 2006 01:01:02 -0800, Jack Dorson <JackDorson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I am referring to one of the MS guide, where it says it is possibl...

CRM 4.0 Installation
I tried to install CRM 4 and it failed,when I try to install again it says the name of the database already exist,what do I do? -- donn Hi, before reinstalling the CRM 4, just open your SQL database and delete the database and meta database that has been created when u try to install CRM 4 at first time. "Donald" wrote: > I tried to install CRM 4 and it failed,when I try to install again it says > the name of the database already exist,what do I do? > -- > donn Hi Sailaja - For additional information on troubleshooting the installation, visit http://www.micr...

MAD Monitoring Error after Installing SP1
Installed SP1 on both FE and single BE servers. The BE server is now reporting a MAD Monitoring error and is shown in "Maintenance Mode". The error is: MAD Monitoring is unable to read its configuration from the DS. Error 0x8000ffff. Ran DCdiag and all tests passed. The server has connectivity. Any thoughts? Kathy Leonard ...

Money 2005
In Money 2004 there was a lot of flexability in the information displayed for individual stocks in a portfolio. I have been unable to find much flexability in the display of stock info in Money 2005. For example in Money 2004 I had the number of shares of a particular stock multiplied by the change in the stocks value for that day to arrive at the dollar amount of change in a particular stock. I can't seem to find this ability in Money 2005. Can you help? In microsoft.public.money, jwd wrote: >In Money 2004 there was a lot of flexability in the information displayed for >i...

ms office 2004 power point
Does anyone else having trouble sending power point presentations in an attachment to a pc? delwald <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone else having trouble sending power point presentations in an > attachment to a pc? Nope. Any specific problem you'd be experiencing ?? Make sure you don;t includ Mac specific media in the presentations though (eg PICT or .mov). Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) --- http://www.mvps.org - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com MVPs are not MS employees - Les MVP...

installation of publisher 2003 #2
I have Office 2003 loaded on my pc, but don't have Publisher. My boss wants me to do some work at home using Publisher, so I want to install it from the Office Pro disk. However, when I opt to just install Publisher (on install wizard), it looks like I am agreeing to remove all my other Office programs by unchecking them and that is definitely not what I want to do. How can I just install Publisher 2003 and safeguard all my other 2003 programs? -- Need help You don't need to agree to remove Office to install Publisher. Are you installing from the Control Panel? It maybe clea...

How do I tell what service pack is installed on Exchange 2003?
How do I tell what service pack is installed on Exchange 2003? Open the ESM, drill down to the server in question, highlight it, right click and select properties, you should see the build level and sp on that page. hth, Kris. "David A. Beck" <davidb@beckb.com> wrote in message news:OinC7JvEGHA.2320@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > How do I tell what service pack is installed on Exchange 2003? > > Open the ESM, drill down to the server in question, highlight it, right click and select properties, you should see the build level and sp on that page. hth, Kris. "D...

unable to create databases during the installation! Pl. Help
Hi! I have done a total fresh installation of ms-crm and loaded exchange as well as sql server but still during the installation of my crm server is gives a message: " Setup unable to create the MS-CRM databases. failed to run script:00 - create mscrm.sql. HRESULT:80040E14. unknown error. Pl. help Hi Kamal, Make sure that you register your SQL Server as your computer name, not as (local) before you install Microsoft CRM Regards, Frans Cahyadi CRM Product Manager Puspa Intimedia Internusa, PT. Phone: +62-21 526-0755 Fax: +62-21 526-0790 "Kamal Vahi" <KamalVahi@discuss...

DPM 2010 Install issue
I am getting the following failure anyone know the answer: New 2008 R2 install for both DPM and SQL2008: [3/15/2010 5:28:37 PM] * Exception : => System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.UI.Library.Reporting.ReportingException: exception ---> System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: The report definition is not valid. Details: Invalid character in the given encoding. Line 1985, position 17. at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Read...