can't see Canadian banks listed

I just purchased Microsoft Money 2006 Canadian Edition. In the online setup,
there are no Canadian banks listed. Does this mean that I have to go to each
of my banks' websites and manually download to Money? I thought I would be
able to update my accounts in a single click from Money, just like Quicken
does.

Your help is appreciated
0
Stefan1 (43)
3/16/2006 6:55:41 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Is Control Panel > Regional Settings set for Canada rather than the default
of USA?

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For UK tips & fixes see

"Stefan" <Stefan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just purchased Microsoft Money 2006 Canadian Edition. In the online
>setup,
> there are no Canadian banks listed. Does this mean that I have to go to
> each
> of my banks' websites and manually download to Money? I thought I would be
> able to update my accounts in a single click from Money, just like Quicken
> does.
>
> Your help is appreciated

0
Bob
3/16/2006 7:04:58 PM
Thanks Bob... I'm using XP Professional SP2 with all the latest updates. In
Control Panel, Regional and Language Options, the "location" is indeed set to
Canada.

If I try to add a new account, I can see some Canadian institutions listed.
But when I try to configure online services for my existing accounts (I was
using Quicken 2006 to date), these same Canadian institutions are nowhere to
be found...

Will I have to log in to all my institutions' websites and download to
Money? Is there any sync possibility from within Money for Canadian banks?

"Bob Peel, MVP" wrote:

> Is Control Panel > Regional Settings set for Canada rather than the default
> of USA?
>
> --
> Regards
> Bob Peel,
> Microsoft MVP - Money
>
> For UK tips & fixes see
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
>

> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
>
> "Stefan" <Stefan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I just purchased Microsoft Money 2006 Canadian Edition. In the online
> >setup,
> > there are no Canadian banks listed. Does this mean that I have to go to
> > each
> > of my banks' websites and manually download to Money? I thought I would be
> > able to update my accounts in a single click from Money, just like Quicken
> > does.
> >
> > Your help is appreciated

0
Stefan1 (43)
3/16/2006 7:21:39 PM
Hi Stefan,

I believe that is correct -- you can only download statements.
Currently I don't think any Canadian banks provide online updates to Money.

Peter
Fall River, Nova Scotia

Stefan wrote:
> Thanks Bob... I'm using XP Professional SP2 with all the latest updates. In
> Control Panel, Regional and Language Options, the "location" is indeed set to
> Canada.
>
> If I try to add a new account, I can see some Canadian institutions listed.
> But when I try to configure online services for my existing accounts (I was
> using Quicken 2006 to date), these same Canadian institutions are nowhere to
> be found...
>
> Will I have to log in to all my institutions' websites and download to
> Money? Is there any sync possibility from within Money for Canadian banks?
>
> "Bob Peel, MVP" wrote:
>
>> Is Control Panel > Regional Settings set for Canada rather than the default
>> of USA?
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>> Bob Peel,
>> Microsoft MVP - Money
>>
>> For UK tips & fixes see
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
>>

>> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
>>
>> "Stefan" <Stefan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> I just purchased Microsoft Money 2006 Canadian Edition. In the online
>>> setup,
>>> there are no Canadian banks listed. Does this mean that I have to go to
>>> each
>>> of my banks' websites and manually download to Money? I thought I would be
>>> able to update my accounts in a single click from Money, just like Quicken
>>> does.
>>>
>>> Your help is appreciated

Thanks Peter... I guess I'll stick with Quicken for now, although I love the
MS Money interface and tools in general. I hope this wil be changed in the
2007 version

Stefan

"Peter Van Harmelen" wrote:

> Hi Stefan,
>
> I believe that is correct -- you can only download statements.
> Currently I don't think any Canadian banks provide online updates to Money.
>
> Peter
> Fall River, Nova Scotia
>
> Stefan wrote:
> > Thanks Bob... I'm using XP Professional SP2 with all the latest updates. In
> > Control Panel, Regional and Language Options, the "location" is indeed set to
> > Canada.
> >
> > If I try to add a new account, I can see some Canadian institutions listed.
> > But when I try to configure online services for my existing accounts (I was
> > using Quicken 2006 to date), these same Canadian institutions are nowhere to
> > be found...
> >
> > Will I have to log in to all my institutions' websites and download to
> > Money? Is there any sync possibility from within Money for Canadian banks?
> >
> > "Bob Peel, MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> Is Control Panel > Regional Settings set for Canada rather than the default
> >> of USA?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Regards
> >> Bob Peel,
> >> Microsoft MVP - Money
> >>
> >> For UK tips & fixes see
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
> >>

> >> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
> >>
> >> "Stefan" <Stefan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Stefan1 (43)
3/20/2006 2:44:41 PM
Hi Stefan,

I used Quicken for 13 years and finally switched to Money last September
(cold turkey!).   The online banking booster in Quicken is certainly
something I miss.  I also find the Canadian version of Quicken a bit
more Canadian than the Canadian version of Money.   However, the main
reasons I switched to Money are:   like yourself, I really like the
interface;  I also like to upgrade my software each year and Quicken is
just too expensive and not worth the $100 CDN each year.  I also like
the reporting better in Money and I find that it interfaces with the web
much better than Quicken.

For what it's worth!

Peter
Fall River, Nova Scotia

Stefan wrote:
> Thanks Peter... I guess I'll stick with Quicken for now, although I love the
> MS Money interface and tools in general. I hope this wil be changed in the
> 2007 version
>
> Stefan
>
> "Peter Van Harmelen" wrote:
>
>> Hi Stefan,
>>
>> I believe that is correct -- you can only download statements.
>> Currently I don't think any Canadian banks provide online updates to Money.
>>
>> Peter
>> Fall River, Nova Scotia
>>
>> Stefan wrote:
>>> Thanks Bob... I'm using XP Professional SP2 with all the latest updates. In
>>> Control Panel, Regional and Language Options, the "location" is indeed set to
>>> Canada.
>>>
>>> If I try to add a new account, I can see some Canadian institutions listed.
>>> But when I try to configure online services for my existing accounts (I was
>>> using Quicken 2006 to date), these same Canadian institutions are nowhere to
>>> be found...
>>>
>>> Will I have to log in to all my institutions' websites and download to
>>> Money? Is there any sync possibility from within Money for Canadian banks?

0
Peter

Online Services
With many banks now changing over to this Site Key verification during login, Money no longer is able to access those sites during it's automatic updates and statement downloads. Does anyone know how long it takes for the programmers to make fixes when a bank does that? I haven't been able to access my TCF Bank info from Money for a couple weeks now since TCF changed to the Site Key. ...

lists not populating userform
I got help with this code from Wouter. It worked great. Then I replaced variable and object names with less generic names that follow my standard naming schema. And lost the connection between the fields and the list boxes! Code now is: Private Sub cboCode_Change() Dim rCodes As Range cboFacilities.Clear For Each rCodes In Range("codeList").Cells If rCodes.Text = cboCode.Text Then cboFacilities.AddItem rCodes.Offset(0, 1).Text End If Next End Sub Private Sub usfFacilNameID_Activate() Dim rCodes As Range Dim iCodes As Integer Dim bCodes ...

Standard smart list edit
Hi, Is it possible to edit a standard smart list using smart list builder. I need to bring in the item comment in the standard sales line item report. What is the most efficient way of doing it? Thanks. No, it's not possible to edit standard smartlists with SLB. However, you can download the XML files for all the standard SmartLists via CustomerSource/PartnerSource to be used with SLB. That way you can modify at will and redeploy. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP B...

How do you keep favorite folders list in outlook
I have set up a folders list in outlook 2003 under mail favorite folders. Each time I re open outlook the folder list has gone and i have to start again. How do you keep list once you have created it. Alex G ...

Creating a dropdown list
How do I create a dropdown list in a cell within Excel? Debra Dalgleish's web page should have all the info you need to get started: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Len" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00cb01c3fa59$1a70a890$a001280a@phx.gbl... How do I create a dropdown list in a cell within Excel? Try MVP Debra D's nice coverage at: http://www.conte...

How do I remove duplicate entries from a list?
Look at Data/Advanced Filter Bob Umlas Excel MVP "E. Reta" <E. Reta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34E54578-E3AA-44D8-93CB-5C7D11E46D10@microsoft.com... > ...

Marketing Lists, Exporting Marketing List Members to Excel
Hi all, I hope that somebody can help me out here. We've just discovered what we think is a bug with the exports to Excel. When we try to export the all of the members of a Marketing List (16320 in total), only 3000 are exported in Excel. The web server is setup to allow 30 000 lines per Excel export, and when we modify that to 40 000 and try to export the members we get 4000 lines... From that test it looks like there's a bug that reduces the Excel export to 10% of the number of Marketing List Members. If I use the Manage Members function and an Advanced Find I can get almost ...

Can only see Hotmail inbox in Outlook 2007
I used to have a simple set up with my Outlook 2007 and Hotmail plus that allowed me to view all of my folders that are in my Hotmail account in Outlook. That was until August last year. Since then I've just been loggin in to Hotmail because I couldn't get it to work. This morning I found a program called Outlook Connector and after installing it I'm able to see all of my hotmail inbox emails. However, I can't see my other folders. It also seems that all of my read emails from my Hotmail inbox are now showing as unread. Can someone please tell me how to co...

Folder List Slow to Open
On one of our computers, when Outlook 2000 is started, the Folder List is slow to open. The PST file is about 400 MB. The OS is Windows 2000 SP4. Does anyone know why it is slow? It has a lot of folders in it, but it does not have any more than several other computers that are not experiencing the same slowness. ...

List all folders and files 02-23-10
Good afternoon everybody, I have a memory stick with numerous folders and files. What I would like to do is list in a spreadsheet all the folders and files within those folders please. Thanks in advance, Paul I have an add-in that will do exactly that, and more. See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/FolderTree.aspx for details. If you to just have code, the following code will create a list. Copy this code, then in VBA go to the Tools menu, choose References, and scroll down to and check "Microsoft Scripting Runtime". Change the lines of code marked with <<< to ...

Copy/export: distribution Lists
Hi, I have multiple Distribution Lists, in my outlook contacts, that I want to export it into excel file, each distribution list alone. How to do that?? Thank you. You can export DL's. Read the reply to your other post. -- Russ Valentine "sue840" <sue840@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:543F8231-F16B-4D53-ACA2-6916F05C1908@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I have multiple Distribution Lists, in my outlook contacts, that I want to > export it into excel file, each distribution list alone. How to do that?? > Thank you. ...

Catalog pictures in item list
Does anyone know of a way to display the pictures attached to the items when scrolling through the item list? I know you can click the picture button to pop up the picture, but is there a way to just have the pictures always there? I don't think there's any way out of the box. Someone may be able to write you an add-on to do that, but you would have to have a super fast processor and lots of RAM or it would probably feel like you were wading through quicksand. The overhead needed to accomplish it probably wouldn't be worth the benefit. Craig "Matt Bo" <MattBo@...

Distribution List Not Visible in Contacts
Hi all I have added a universal distribution list in exchange, but this has not appeared in my list of contacts. Why is that? Exchange Server 2003, Outlook 2003. Distribution group added in same folder as other working distribution groups. Added myself to distribution group and an email sent from web email account reached me. Why is this group not a visible recipient in the Outlook list? TIA Phil - Check the Distribution Group's properties - did it get email addresses? - Can you send mail to the group using its smtp address? Does the name resolve when you use the smtp address?...

Print a listing of Bills, Payee's and thier addresses?
Hi, I looked in the group, and wasn't able to find an answer to the following question: Is there a way to print a listing of all my bills with the Payees' addressess and my account numbers? I'd like to have one consolidated sheet, so that I can have a reference come Bill Day ... the blood suckers LOL Thanks for any help! LightFighter ...

MS Money 2006 Delux Canadian Version
I would like to upgrade my MS Money 2004 Standard Edition to MS Money 2006 Deluxe Edition Canadian version. Does it exist? What is the website address I can review Deluxe version? Thanks. -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ AFAIK there is only a Standard version for M2006 Canadian. See http://money.mvps.org/othersoftware.aspx Bob Peel, MVP Money "masai" <masai_chadi@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:op.sx01xct8dvcnul@chets.gv.shawcable.net... >I would like to upgrade my MS Money 2004 Standard Edition to MS Money 2006 &...

show Global contact list in nav
We just switched over to exchange 2k3 and we have outlook clients. I want to know how to display the global address list(contacts) in the left nav pane along with the user's normal contacts. It's not appearing by default. The global address list is not the same as contacts. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Brett Michaels From Poison" <jms504@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1127420691.086686.73310@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > We just switched over to exchange 2k3 and we have outlook clients. > I ...

rule to move messages from senders who are on a personal dist list
Hi, I'd like to create a rule that will move messages that I receive from senders who are on one of my personal address book distribution lists. I would like to move the messages to a folder. However, when I try to create a rule I get this message: 'Cleanup Address List' is a personal distribution list that may not be used with this feature. Would you like to use the individual members of 'Cleanup Address List' instead? I am choosing "New Rule" then "Move messages from someone to a folder." Is there some other way to accomplish this ...

How to open another user's folder list?
Hello, I have Outlook 2002 SP3 and Windows XP SP2. In my Folder List I have my mailbox expanded showing all my folders (inbox, calendar, contacts, etc.). I also have the mailbox for our general company email account (info@) that receives the emails submitted from our website. But when I click on the + sign next to it to expand it, I get a message saying "Unable to expand the folder. The set of folders could not be opened. The operation failed." This company email is set up as it's own user on our network, and I am set as it's delegate with full control over all it's ...

Connect a number to a picture bank and import that picture to exce
I have a colum with numbers for specific products (example 111,123456) and I want a picture in the colum to the right of it that matches the number. On the computer I have a folder with pictures named with the product numbers. So my question is: Is there a function to link the the number in for example cell A1 with the picture that has the same name as the value in A1 and put that picture in cell B1. Thanks to whom ever have an answer, it would help my life. Best Regards Dennis Hi Dennis Have a look at this site : http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html HTH John...

Style Type as Paragraph or List
For Word 2003, is there some advantage to creating a style type of list rather than paragraph for numbered lists? I played around with the list type and discovered that each time I apply the list type style to the steps to be numbered, the sequence always starts out at a. (I played around with alpha numbering instead of numeric.) That worked for me because other writers, engineers, and project managers all get to manipulate these documents at will. Having a style they can apply without renumbering is going to go a long way to preserve sanity. These folks don't want to le...

exporting/saving recent files list
I'm getting a new computer. Is there a way to save the "recent files" list that is available in each of my Office programs? (Does anyone know where Office saves these shortcuts?) http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.programming/browse_thread/thread/bd58b46fe9c11ef9/853766524964c427?lnk=gst&q=recently+opened#853766524964c427 -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200909 "vabki" wrote: > I'm getting a new computer. Is there a way to save the "recent files" list > that is available in each of my Office programs? (Do...

Management Studio
I have both a named instance of SQL Server 2008 and Express 2008 installed. When I try to connect with Management Studio, neither of those instances appears in the list of local servers. But I can see them in the list of network servers. In Local, I can see Integration Services only. Under the Network Servers tab, I see my server with the two database engines listed. In both cases, I have protocols Shared Memory, Named Pipes, and TCP/IP enabled, and VIA disabled. Is that the way it should be? I checked HideInstance in the Configuration Manager and it is set to No for both ins...

Is there a Template for an event planning checkoff list?
I plan events and want to have a checkoff list format. Do yo know of such a template that is available in Office, word or excel? Microsoft provides these planning templates . . . http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT101423511033.aspx -- John Mansfield http://cellmatrix.net "ptgeneral" wrote: > I plan events and want to have a checkoff list format. Do yo know of such a > template that is available in Office, word or excel? ...

Delete attachments from List Pane
I am reposting w/ a better (hopefully) explanation. Outlook 2000 I am looking for an addin (or other solution) that will let me delete attachments from the currently selected email or any number of emails selected in the list pane W/O actually having to open the emails. Outlook does not show me an attachment icon in the Preview Pane, thus there is no way to delete the attachment like you can after opening the email w/ Right-Clk Remove. I do all my work in the preview pane and only 'open' the email because of this delete attachment issue. The free bulk processing addins I have found...

Populate List / Combo Box
I want to populate a list box with filtered values from column y based on the value in column x matching the value in cell a1. Column y contains a list of players. Column x contains the team to which the player belongs A1 will be updated by the user with the team name The list box will then display the players who are members of the team in A1 I'd be grateful for suggestions how to acheive the filtering rather than populating the list box with all column y values and therefore displaying all players irrespective of their team. Thanks in advance, David You might do something like ...