Can't restore my Money backup after reinstalling Windows

Hi

I'm struggling to restore my Money 2005 backup and have run out of
ideas. I've run Money succesfuly before on this PC. I keep my Money
files on a NAS, and have tried restoring from two shares. I've also
copied several backup files (different dates) to the 'Documents'
folder on the PC, but no luck from there.

Vista Ultimate
Money 2005, v 14.0.120.730

I've tried updating several times, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

The error I get is:

"Money could not locate 'x' or cannot open it, possible because it's a
read only file, or you do not have permission to change it, or your
disk drive is write protected.

if you have chosen the correct... etc'

I've made sure the files are not read only, under 'properties', and I
am the administrator.

Any ideas? Thank you!
0
ben.afia (4)
9/5/2009 5:52:27 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

M2005 out of the box (serial 730) needed a major patch and you are missing
this.

Open sample.mny and go online to download the patch which takes you to
serial 1105.

I suggest you do the steps in http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/630.aspx to
avoid this if you have to reinstall in the future.

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For unofficial FAQs see
http://money.mvps.org/
or
http://umpmfaq.info/

"wordsman" <ben.afia@googlemail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I'm struggling to restore my Money 2005 backup and have run out of
> ideas. I've run Money succesfuly before on this PC. I keep my Money
> files on a NAS, and have tried restoring from two shares. I've also
> copied several backup files (different dates) to the 'Documents'
> folder on the PC, but no luck from there.
>
> Vista Ultimate
> Money 2005, v 14.0.120.730
>
> I've tried updating several times, but it doesn't seem to do anything.
>
> The error I get is:
>
> "Money could not locate 'x' or cannot open it, possible because it's a
> read only file, or you do not have permission to change it, or your
> disk drive is write protected.
>
> if you have chosen the correct... etc'
>
> I've made sure the files are not read only, under 'properties', and I
> am the administrator.
>
> Any ideas? Thank you!

0
Bob_Peel (292)
9/5/2009 7:41:59 PM
Thanks Bob, I've tried that, and all of the steps under articles 204,
23, 463 and 466, but still no luck. Money won't update and is still on
730. I've tried this on clean admin accounts on two PCs now.

any further suggestions?

many thanks

Ben

On Sep 5, 8:41=A0pm, "Bob Peel,MVP" <bob_p...@kiandra.freeserve.co.uk>
wrote:
> M2005 out of the box (serial 730) needed a major patch and you are missin=
> this.
>
> Open sample.mny and go online to download the patch which takes you to
> serial 1105.
>
> I suggest you do the steps inhttp://money.mvps.org/faq/article/630.aspxto
> avoid this if you have to reinstall in the future.
>
> --
> Regards
> Bob Peel,
> Microsoft MVP - Money
>
> For unofficial FAQs seehttp://money.mvps.org/
> orhttp://umpmfaq.info/
>
> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
>
> "wordsman" <ben.a...@googlemail.com> wrote in message

> > Hi
>
> > I'm struggling to restore my Money 2005 backup and have run out of
> > ideas. I've run Money succesfuly before on this PC. I keep my Money
> > files on a NAS, and have tried restoring from two shares. I've also
> > copied several backup files (different dates) to the 'Documents'
> > folder on the PC, but no luck from there.
>
> > Vista Ultimate
> > Money 2005, v 14.0.120.730
>
> > I've tried updating several times, but it doesn't seem to do anything.
>
> > The error I get is:
>
> > "Money could not locate 'x' or cannot open it, possible because it's a
> > read only file, or you do not have permission to change it, or your
> > disk drive is write protected.
>
> > if you have chosen the correct... etc'
>
> > I've made sure the files are not read only, under 'properties', and I
> > am the administrator.
>
> > Any ideas? Thank you!

0
ben.afia (4)
9/6/2009 5:23:31 PM
Try right clicking on the Money icon on the desktop and click on Run as
Administrator. Yes I know you are using an administrator account but this is
different.

--

> Thanks Bob, I've tried that, and all of the steps under articles 204,
> 23, 463 and 466, but still no luck. Money won't update and is still on
> 730. I've tried this on clean admin accounts on two PCs now.
>
> any further suggestions?
>
> many thanks
>
> Ben
>
> On Sep 5, 8:41 pm, "Bob Peel,MVP" <bob_p...@kiandra.freeserve.co.uk>
> wrote:
>> M2005 out of the box (serial 730) needed a major patch and you are
>> missing
>> this.
>>
>> Open sample.mny and go online to download the patch which takes you to
>> serial 1105.
>>
>> I suggest you do the steps inhttp://money.mvps.org/faq/article/630.aspxto
>> avoid this if you have to reinstall in the future.
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>> Bob Peel,
>> Microsoft MVP - Money
>>
>> For unofficial FAQs seehttp://money.mvps.org/
>> orhttp://umpmfaq.info/
>>
>> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
>>
>> "wordsman" <ben.a...@googlemail.com> wrote in message

>> > Hi
>>
>> > I'm struggling to restore my Money 2005 backup and have run out of
>> > ideas. I've run Money succesfuly before on this PC. I keep my Money
>> > files on a NAS, and have tried restoring from two shares. I've also
>> > copied several backup files (different dates) to the 'Documents'
>> > folder on the PC, but no luck from there.
>>
>> > Vista Ultimate
>> > Money 2005, v 14.0.120.730
>>
>> > I've tried updating several times, but it doesn't seem to do anything.
>>
>> > The error I get is:
>>
>> > "Money could not locate 'x' or cannot open it, possible because it's a
>> > read only file, or you do not have permission to change it, or your
>> > disk drive is write protected.
>>
>> > if you have chosen the correct... etc'
>>
>> > I've made sure the files are not read only, under 'properties', and I
>> > am the administrator.
>>
>> > Any ideas? Thank you!

0
Bob_Peel (292)
9/7/2009 5:51:33 AM
Yes, I've been doing that. Just tried again, and under 'tools'
'internet updates', it's updating OK, but I guess that's just getting
stock quotes, because my version is still 730.

thanks

On Sep 7, 6:51=A0am, "Bob Peel,MVP" <bob_p...@kiandra.freeserve.co.uk>
wrote:
> Try right clicking on the Money icon on the desktop and click on Run as
> Administrator. Yes I know you are using an administrator account but this=
 is
> different.
>
> --
> Regards
> Bob Peel,
> Microsoft MVP - Money
>
> For unofficial FAQs seehttp://money.mvps.org/
> orhttp://umpmfaq.info/
>
> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
>
> "wordsman" <ben.a...@googlemail.com> wrote in message

> > Thanks Bob, I've tried that, and all of the steps under articles 204,
> > 23, 463 and 466, but still no luck. Money won't update and is still on
> > 730. I've tried this on clean admin accounts on two PCs now.
>
> > any further suggestions?
>
> > many thanks
>
> > Ben
>
> > On Sep 5, 8:41 pm, "Bob Peel,MVP" <bob_p...@kiandra.freeserve.co.uk>
> > wrote:
> >> M2005 out of the box (serial 730) needed a major patch and you are
> >> missing
> >> this.
>
> >> Open sample.mny and go online to download the patch which takes you to
> >> serial 1105.
>
> >> I suggest you do the steps inhttp://money.mvps.org/faq/article/630.asp=
xto
> >> avoid this if you have to reinstall in the future.
>
> >> --
> >> Regards
> >> Bob Peel,
> >> Microsoft MVP - Money
>
> >> For unofficial FAQs seehttp://money.mvps.org/
> >> orhttp://umpmfaq.info/
>
> >> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
>
> >> "wordsman" <ben.a...@googlemail.com> wrote in message

0
ben.afia (4)
9/7/2009 2:06:34 PM
Is this the same issue as the post by Jeremy dated 9/2/09 titled "Vista
compatibility with Money 2005 - problem restoring backup?"  Maybe that post
or the poster could help.

Regards

Bill Wood

"wordsman" <ben.afia@googlemail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I'm struggling to restore my Money 2005 backup and have run out of
> ideas. I've run Money succesfuly before on this PC. I keep my Money
> files on a NAS, and have tried restoring from two shares. I've also
> copied several backup files (different dates) to the 'Documents'
> folder on the PC, but no luck from there.
>
> Vista Ultimate
> Money 2005, v 14.0.120.730
>
> I've tried updating several times, but it doesn't seem to do anything.
>
> The error I get is:
>
> "Money could not locate 'x' or cannot open it, possible because it's a
> read only file, or you do not have permission to change it, or your
> disk drive is write protected.
>
> if you have chosen the correct... etc'
>
> I've made sure the files are not read only, under 'properties', and I
> am the administrator.
>
> Any ideas? Thank you!

0
nospam7515 (2084)
9/7/2009 2:19:45 PM
In microsoft.public.money, wordsman wrote:

>Yes, I've been doing that. Just tried again, and under 'tools'
>'internet updates', it's updating OK, but I guess that's just getting
>stock quotes, because my version is still 730.

Do you have some kind of third party firewall in place, or have you
set the Vista firewall to block outbound access?

>thanks
>

>On Sep 7, 6:51�am, "Bob Peel,MVP" <bob_p...@kiandra.freeserve.co.uk>
>wrote:
>> Try right clicking on the Money icon on the desktop and click on Run as
>> Administrator. Yes I know you are using an administrator account but this is
>> different.
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>> Bob Peel,
>> Microsoft MVP - Money
>>
>> For unofficial FAQs seehttp://money.mvps.org/
>> orhttp://umpmfaq.info/
>>
>> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
>>
>> "wordsman" <ben.a...@googlemail.com> wrote in message

>> > Thanks Bob, I've tried that, and all of the steps under articles 204,
>> > 23, 463 and 466, but still no luck. Money won't update and is still on
>> > 730. I've tried this on clean admin accounts on two PCs now.
>>
>> > any further suggestions?
>>
>> > many thanks
>>
>> > Ben

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
9/7/2009 10:24:32 PM
I've done it! Thank you - disabling all of Anti Vir web guard stuff,
not just the firewall, did the trick and I'm now at 1105 and have my
file back.

Now there's the small matter of a month's balancing to catch up with :o
(

And I'm thinking of moving to another package, because I'm guessing
Money won't last forever now?

thanks again guys

Ben

On Sep 7, 11:24=A0pm, Cal Learner-- MVP <via_newsgr...@please.tnx>
wrote:
> In microsoft.public.money, wordsman wrote:
> >Yes, I've been doing that. Just tried again, and under 'tools'
> >'internet updates', it's updating OK, but I guess that's just getting
> >stock quotes, because my version is still 730.
>
> Do you have some kind of third party firewall in place, or have you
> set the Vista firewall to block outbound access?
>

> >thanks
>
> >On Sep 7, 6:51=A0am, "Bob Peel,MVP" <bob_p...@kiandra.freeserve.co.uk>
> >wrote:
> >> Try right clicking on the Money icon on the desktop and click on Run a=
> >> Administrator. Yes I know you are using an administrator account but t=
his is
> >> different.
>
> >> --
> >> Regards
> >> Bob Peel,
> >> Microsoft MVP - Money
>
> >> For unofficial FAQs seehttp://money.mvps.org/
> >> orhttp://umpmfaq.info/
>
> >> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
>
> >> "wordsman" <ben.a...@googlemail.com> wrote in message

..

0
ben.afia (4)
9/8/2009 5:27:55 PM
In microsoft.public.money, wordsman wrote:

>I've done it! Thank you - disabling all of Anti Vir web guard stuff,
>not just the firewall, did the trick and I'm now at 1105 and have my
>file back.
>
>Now there's the small matter of a month's balancing to catch up with :o
>(
>
>And I'm thinking of moving to another package, because I'm guessing
>Money won't last forever now?

Some things will continue to work. Quotes from a quote will go away.
Downloads that don't involve going to a web site may or may not go
away. Downloads that involve a web site should continue to work
fine. Quotes that you get from the web via an OFX file will continue
to work on the newer versions, but I am not sure about Money 2005.

 http://www.microsoft.com/money/faq.mspx

>thanks again guys
>
>Ben
>

>On Sep 7, 11:24�pm, Cal Learner-- MVP <via_newsgr...@please.tnx>
>wrote:
>> In microsoft.public.money, wordsman wrote:
>> >Yes, I've been doing that. Just tried again, and under 'tools'
>> >'internet updates', it's updating OK, but I guess that's just getting
>> >stock quotes, because my version is still 730.
>>
>> Do you have some kind of third party firewall in place, or have you
>> set the Vista firewall to block outbound access?
>>

>> >thanks

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
9/8/2009 5:47:00 PM
There are posters who are running M2002 which is some 8 years old and still
works. There's no guarantees but if you are happy with Money why change?

--

> I've done it! Thank you - disabling all of Anti Vir web guard stuff,
> not just the firewall, did the trick and I'm now at 1105 and have my
> file back.
>
> Now there's the small matter of a month's balancing to catch up with :o
> (
>
> And I'm thinking of moving to another package, because I'm guessing
> Money won't last forever now?
>
> thanks again guys
>
> Ben
>

> On Sep 7, 11:24 pm, Cal Learner-- MVP <via_newsgr...@please.tnx>
> wrote:
>> In microsoft.public.money, wordsman wrote:
>> >Yes, I've been doing that. Just tried again, and under 'tools'
>> >'internet updates', it's updating OK, but I guess that's just getting
>> >stock quotes, because my version is still 730.
>>
>> Do you have some kind of third party firewall in place, or have you
>> set the Vista firewall to block outbound access?
>>

>> >thanks

0
Bob_Peel (292)
9/8/2009 7:56:25 PM
try service pak #1

"wordsman" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm struggling to restore my Money 2005 backup and have run out of
> ideas. I've run Money succesfuly before on this PC. I keep my Money
> files on a NAS, and have tried restoring from two shares. I've also
> copied several backup files (different dates) to the 'Documents'
> folder on the PC, but no luck from there.
>
> Vista Ultimate
> Money 2005, v 14.0.120.730
>
> I've tried updating several times, but it doesn't seem to do anything.
>
> The error I get is:
>
> "Money could not locate 'x' or cannot open it, possible because it's a
> read only file, or you do not have permission to change it, or your
> disk drive is write protected.
>
> if you have chosen the correct... etc'
>
> I've made sure the files are not read only, under 'properties', and I
> am the administrator.
>
> Any ideas? Thank you!

0
Calabasas (1)
10/2/2009 11:04:01 PM
The "service pak #1" suggestion is rubbish, wrong, and totally
unhelpful. Service pack 1 for what?????

You're on an old version of Money 2005. You need to open the sample
money file as Administrator (right-click and Run as Administrator,
regardless of whether you're an admin or not). Money will thend detect
an update from the web and download version 1105. You should then be
able to open your file.

This same problem has been asked literraly dozens fo times in this
grop, so you'll find further info if your google. Also, you'd be well
advised to create your own CD with the .1105 update on it - again,
google for it (there's an MVPS .org article)

Jim

On Fri, 2 Oct 2009 16:04:01 -0700, Calabasas
<Calabasas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>try service pak #1
>
>"wordsman" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I'm struggling to restore my Money 2005 backup and have run out of
>> ideas. I've run Money succesfuly before on this PC. I keep my Money
>> files on a NAS, and have tried restoring from two shares. I've also
>> copied several backup files (different dates) to the 'Documents'
>> folder on the PC, but no luck from there.
>>
>> Vista Ultimate
>> Money 2005, v 14.0.120.730
>>
>> I've tried updating several times, but it doesn't seem to do anything.
>>
>> The error I get is:
>>
>> "Money could not locate 'x' or cannot open it, possible because it's a
>> read only file, or you do not have permission to change it, or your
>> disk drive is write protected.
>>
>> if you have chosen the correct... etc'
>>
>> I've made sure the files are not read only, under 'properties', and I
>> am the administrator.
>>
>> Any ideas? Thank you!

0
jim3476 (230)
10/3/2009 8:07:46 AM
Apologies for all the typos in my last post, I was typing it on a
phone!

On Sat, 03 Oct 2009 09:07:46 +0100, Jim <jim@nospam.com> wrote:

>The "service pak #1" suggestion is rubbish, wrong, and totally
>unhelpful. Service pack 1 for what?????
>

>You're on an old version of Money 2005. You need to open the sample
>money file as Administrator (right-click and Run as Administrator,
>regardless of whether you're an admin or not). Money will thend detect
>an update from the web and download version 1105. You should then be
>able to open your file.
>
>This same problem has been asked literraly dozens fo times in this
>grop, so you'll find further info if your google. Also, you'd be well
>advised to create your own CD with the .1105 update on it - again,
>google for it (there's an MVPS .org article)
>

>Jim
>

>On Fri, 2 Oct 2009 16:04:01 -0700, Calabasas
><Calabasas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>try service pak #1
>>
>>"wordsman" wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I'm struggling to restore my Money 2005 backup and have run out of
>>> ideas. I've run Money succesfuly before on this PC. I keep my Money
>>> files on a NAS, and have tried restoring from two shares. I've also
>>> copied several backup files (different dates) to the 'Documents'
>>> folder on the PC, but no luck from there.
>>>
>>> Vista Ultimate
>>> Money 2005, v 14.0.120.730
>>>
>>> I've tried updating several times, but it doesn't seem to do anything.
>>>
>>> The error I get is:
>>>
>>> "Money could not locate 'x' or cannot open it, possible because it's a
>>> read only file, or you do not have permission to change it, or your
>>> disk drive is write protected.
>>>
>>> if you have chosen the correct... etc'
>>>
>>> I've made sure the files are not read only, under 'properties', and I
>>> am the administrator.
>>>
>>> Any ideas? Thank you!

0
jim3476 (230)
10/3/2009 8:56:00 AM
I'm not sure I'd go that far. The answer was insufficient and could have
pointed to any number of places where this issue is treated as FAQ. But the
poster was on the right track.

"Jim" <jim@nospam.com> wrote in message
> The "service pak #1" suggestion is rubbish, wrong, and totally
> unhelpful. Service pack 1 for what?????

Perhaps. Though if somebody is going to post a reply, they need to put
themselves on the other side and think "If I saw a message suggesting
I install Service Pak 1, would I know what it meant".

Jim

On Mon, 5 Oct 2009 18:00:55 -0600, "Dick Watson"
<littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote:

>I'm not sure I'd go that far. The answer was insufficient and could have
>pointed to any number of places where this issue is treated as FAQ. But the
>poster was on the right track.
>
>"Jim" <jim@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> The "service pak #1" suggestion is rubbish, wrong, and totally
>> unhelpful. Service pack 1 for what?????
0
jim3476 (230)
10/6/2009 8:37:54 AM
That was perhaps the most useful bit of advice I have ever had in a forum!
Simple, effective and quick.

I can add that the "Right click and Run as Administrator" also works under
Windows 7.

Now why oh why did Microsoft not make that obvious with their original
notice? A model of traditional opacity. Traditional as on brief acquaintance
it would appear that Windows 7 goes quite a distance to changing things.
Conversely Office 2007 seems to be aimed at the functionally illiterate.

I really appreciated the solution and hope that it can somehow be made more
obvious to others.

"Bob Peel,MVP" wrote:

> Try right clicking on the Money icon on the desktop and click on Run as
> Administrator. Yes I know you are using an administrator account but this is
> different.
>
> --
> Regards
> Bob Peel,
> Microsoft MVP - Money
>
> For unofficial FAQs see
> http://money.mvps.org/
> or
> http://umpmfaq.info/
>
> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
>

> "wordsman" <ben.afia@googlemail.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks Bob, I've tried that, and all of the steps under articles 204,
> > 23, 463 and 466, but still no luck. Money won't update and is still on
> > 730. I've tried this on clean admin accounts on two PCs now.
> >
> > any further suggestions?
> >
> > many thanks
> >
> > Ben
> >
> > On Sep 5, 8:41 pm, "Bob Peel,MVP" <bob_p...@kiandra.freeserve.co.uk>
> > wrote:
> >> M2005 out of the box (serial 730) needed a major patch and you are
> >> missing
> >> this.
> >>
> >> Open sample.mny and go online to download the patch which takes you to
> >> serial 1105.
> >>
> >> I suggest you do the steps inhttp://money.mvps.org/faq/article/630.aspxto
> >> avoid this if you have to reinstall in the future.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Regards
> >> Bob Peel,
> >> Microsoft MVP - Money
> >>
> >> For unofficial FAQs seehttp://money.mvps.org/
> >> orhttp://umpmfaq.info/
> >>
> >> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
> >>
> >> "wordsman" <ben.a...@googlemail.com> wrote in message

Hi Bob

I have the same problem.  I turn off antivirus before I do these (as you
suggest to wordsman)

When I go the MNYCoreFiles folder in C:\Program files\money2005, I find that
the 2 folders are in "pale yellow color."  (usually, the other folders in my
PC are in yellow color). And, after I do all steps as the aticle suggests, it
does not solve the problem of "cannot locate x file".  I do all in several
times, and problem persists.

 I think, this may cause by virus. I scan my PC with antivirus, and it says
no virus detected.     Is the MNYCorefiles my real problem? How can I do next?

Boo.

"Bob Peel,MVP" wrote:

> M2005 out of the box (serial 730) needed a major patch and you are missing
> this.
>
> Open sample.mny and go online to download the patch which takes you to
> serial 1105.
>
> I suggest you do the steps in http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/630.aspx to
> avoid this if you have to reinstall in the future.
>
> --
> Regards
> Bob Peel,
> Microsoft MVP - Money
>
> For unofficial FAQs see
> http://money.mvps.org/
> or
> http://umpmfaq.info/
>
> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
>

> "wordsman" <ben.afia@googlemail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > I'm struggling to restore my Money 2005 backup and have run out of
> > ideas. I've run Money succesfuly before on this PC. I keep my Money
> > files on a NAS, and have tried restoring from two shares. I've also
> > copied several backup files (different dates) to the 'Documents'
> > folder on the PC, but no luck from there.
> >
> > Vista Ultimate
> > Money 2005, v 14.0.120.730
> >
> > I've tried updating several times, but it doesn't seem to do anything.
> >
> > The error I get is:
> >
> > "Money could not locate 'x' or cannot open it, possible because it's a
> > read only file, or you do not have permission to change it, or your
> > disk drive is write protected.
> >
> > if you have chosen the correct... etc'
> >
> > I've made sure the files are not read only, under 'properties', and I
> > am the administrator.
> >
> > Any ideas? Thank you!

0
boo (11)

Money product feature replies from Microsoft
I am trying to determine if I want to buy MS Money and convert from Quicken. I have been unable to locate any Microsoft URL or email address for feature information. All I find is support links which want to charge for product I already own. Is there a pre-sales site or email address in which Microsoft will respond to product feature questions? Thanks, MP Try the links on the following URL, they may give you what you want. http://www.mvps.org/money/support.htm -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK W...

How best to backup an Access database
OK, reading here I saw someone has lost his database and there was talk about backup. What I'm doing for backup is ever so often, I copy/ paste a copy of my .mdb file. I have automatic backup software that then backs that up offsite. Should I create something that exports the data in the tables and use that as a backup or am I doing enough? What so people do to backup their access applications? On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 18:32:36 -0800 (PST), MikeB <MPBrede@gmail.com> wrote: Per best practices you have a split database, with a front-end (most likely MDE) on each workstattion, and a bac...

money essential transaction download
I have 2 deposits that are exactly the same each month but Money will only download one. My balance is corrct but this throws off my budget info. What can I do? Answered my own question.....must download from bank itself and not thru money, then import "Leisl" wrote: > I have 2 deposits that are exactly the same each month but Money will only > download one. My balance is corrct but this throws off my budget info. What > can I do? What this has probably accomplished is cutting out the "3rd party services". Aside from the extra labor involved, that...

Pb when saving my CRM credentials in Windows XP
It seems that there is an issue since I am saving my CRM credentials on my XP machine (sp2). I created a link on the desktop but most of the time I cannot access the server and have a IE page saying that IE cannot display this page. Now I have removed the password reminder from windows it seems to be fine (I log from a different domain than the one CRM is installed on). Any idea? Thanks Eric ...

Getting child window co-ordinates
Hi, How do I get the co-ordinates of a child window relative to the application's main window? TIA, SD From the main window: m_ChildWindow.GetWindowRect(&Rect); ScreenToClient(&Rect); AliR. "SD" <SD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F5E594D-2828-46AB-A7F8-8B8447BC4799@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > How do I get the co-ordinates of a child window relative to the > application's main window? > > TIA, > SD ...

Windows Desktop Search don't index Outlook 2007 messages
I used to have Office 2007 Beta 2 and Windows Desktop Search (WDS) 3 beta, and they worked perfectly together. I would love to use X1, but ti doesn't support office 2007 yet. I'm using WDS meanwhile, and I'm OK with it. However, when I uninstalled Office 2007 Beta 2 and install Office 2007 Enterprise RTM, it prompted me to install WDS 3. I downloaded and installed it, and since then, my e-mail data is not indexed. I have an Exchange Server mailbox, and additional 6 pst files I work with. In the tree of selection in the WDS options screen, I see all these mailboxes, but can ...

MS Money Essentials Trial --> Error (Event ID: obres:22063)
I cannot complete setting up either my TCF Online Banking account or Target REDcard Visa account. Each time I enter my username and password for each account, and Money tries to retrieve the financial information, the following error is reported, and the account setup is never completed: http://moneycentral.msn.com/money/2004/ee.asp?ProdVer=16.00.8.0705&FileName=ObRes.dll&FileVer=16.00.0705&EvtSrc=16.0&EvtId=obres:22063&LCID=1033 I've checked to make sure that nothing on my end might be blocking Money from accessing the financial institutions (I'm using Windo...

Exchange 2000 and Windows 2003
Just created a test W2003 machine. Can I install Exchange 2003 on it? Thanks, Raul Rego You can install Exchange 2003 on it, but you cannot install Exchange 2000 on it. -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Raul Rego" <rrego@njpies.org> wrote in message news:O0$YtqzwEHA.392@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Just created a test W2003 machine. Can I install Exchange 2003 on it? > > Thanks, > > Raul Rego > Raul Rego wrote: > Just created a test W2003 machine. Can I ins...

Windows XP & Office 2000
Hi, I'm unable to open Excel file from a web-based email (ie. MSNHotmail.com). When I tried to open directly (without downloading it first to local disk), I will get error message: " 'C:\Documents and Settings\...\Content.IE5\OI2OHJ9D\FileName.xls' could not be found. Check the spelling of the file name, and verify that the file location is correct." This error will not appear if I save the file to my local disk, before opening it. I tried to fix it by changing the setting: Tools-Options-General- click Ignore other applications. If I do this and try to open the file, MS E...

Restoring Exchange 2003 Database Stores
We have a Exchange 2003 server with a corrupted email database. Is it possible to simply restore the stm, edb and log files by renaming the old database directory and copying our backups to a new empty directory named as the old data directory. Should we then be able to mount the database stores? Or is there more involved? I ask because the documentation I found on MSExchange.org shows a "Restoring Database Store" dialog box that we dont receive in our ntbackup restore. We have the stm, edb and log files extracted and ready for use, but I am a bit concerned about copying the f...

Windows XP theme problem for toolbar
hello i am using Windows XP theme for a program that contains a toolbar button with TBSTYLE_DROPDOWN property set. the problem is that the arrow key shown next to the toolbar button remains focused whether or not the mouse is over the button or not. Is this a known problem or am i missing something? the problem is solved when used without XP theme. I am using VC++ 6 with SDK 2003 (Novemeber) with Windows XP SP1 as OS. thank you. ...

MS Windows XP SP3 with IE 8 Keyboard Issues
I am running a Windows XP w/SP3 workstation utilizing IE8. It is all service packed to current configuration. I have an issue when you type the address in IE 8 that the first character is always double typed. In addition when typing one character another is actually printed on screen both in IE 8 and in chat programs. When the screen saver comes on or in Remote Desktop and trying to type a password after a period of time the keyboard strokes are not what characters I am typing, it starts from the top row of the keyboard and progress down the line. Has anyone seen this issue as...

Money 2005 stuck on "Update in progress"
The account list shows all of my automatically updating accounts are "Update in progress." When I try an update, the stock and fund quotes update fine. None of the accounts (credit cards, etc.) update. Three successive message boxes appear - the first two only for a second. 1. Updating account information 2. Processing Service Updates 3. Update not complete. Then the update results show an error message for each account: "Microsoft Money could not update your account. Please try to update your account again." Or "Your account information is being updated, wh...

Excel 2000 in Windows Me
I using Windows Me and installed Office 2000, I can read and input Japanese in Word but Excel able to read only. Please tell me how to solve this problem that I can input Japanese in Excel. Thanks a lot ...

windows xp
i lost my winows xp key code what to do ?? Try post ur Q in windowsxp newsgroup, this is 2 CRM >-----Original Message----- >i lost my winows xp key code what to do ?? >. > ...

\windows\system32\hal.dll or HAL.DLL
I notice ny hal.dll is in upper case, is this normal? "Colin Trunt" <colin@trunt.com> wrote in message news:eFPun.684404$5n1.467294@newsfe01.ams2... >I notice ny hal.dll is in upper case, is this normal? > Maybe he's excited ;-) Mine's all caps, too. -- SC Tom "Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." Lt. Col. J.D. "Jeff" Cooper, USMC, Ret. "SC Tom" <sc@tom.net> wrote in message news:uRjyWve1KHA.348@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > &g...

Volume Shadowing Revert/Restore Mystery
Hello All, I have a volume that was mysteriously restored. I would like to know if there is a way I can track down how this happened via log files or whatever. The server is 2003 and all clients are XP. Thank you in advance! Alex ...

Money 2002 to 2004
Can anyone inform me if it is possible to convert the data files created with version 2002 to version 2004 without going through version 2003 please. Alle suggestions are welcome ! Thanks Bob Yes, as noted in the following. Both versions must be the same localization. Some users, no matter the version combinations, have upgrade problems for certain files. "Bob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:020301c3b0fc$b7ceb3d0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone inform me if it is possible to convert the > data files created with version 2002 to version 20...

Problem loading backup file into Money 2001
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could offer any insight into my problem. Recently, my Dell computer died, albeit slowly enough that I was able to back up most of my files to CD. The issue has arisen in that now, once I've replaced my computer and reinstalled Microsoft Money 2001 (from a Microsoft Works CD), it will not let me load my backed up files again. It asks for a password, though there was never any password on the file originally. I've tried 'OK' with a blank password and tried cancelling without entering anything, but no luck. Can anyone h...

Syncing a 6.1 mobile windows with VISTA
Hi there, Can someone help me out please? my Windows 6.1 mobile would not be recognized ny my Vista when the mobile set is plugged in the computer. All I get is the green "windows mobile center" screen with a " Please Wait..." phrase. Ahmad On 8/31/2010 9:04 AM, Ahmad Mahran wrote: > Hi there, > Can someone help me out please? > my Windows 6.1 mobile would not be recognized ny my Vista when the mobile > set is plugged in the computer. > All I get is the green "windows mobile center" screen with a " Please > Wait..." ph...

getting child windows to focus
Hi all, I'm working on this project in which there is is this parent frame which is of CMDIFrameWnd and it spawns different child windows of CMDIChildWnd object for different purposes. the child windows are created based on need such as 1. one for displaying messages 2. one for displaying monitored data 3. plotting graphs instead of using mfc wizard to create the frames, i did write codes for all these frame. so i don't have any system menu that mfc creates. my problem is when i accidentally touch the scroll bar in the laptop touchpad, i loose all my child windows inside the parent f...

money 2002 ads on register...
How do I get rid of the ads on the left side of my account register...I reloaded money 2002 on my new computer and have ads from banks and investments accounts showing up. I have turned off everything I can find about shoppping and ads, but there are two or three that just will not go away... I'm guessing you are talking about the financial institution logos? Go into account details and delete the financial institution associated with the account. If you download data, you are stuck with the logos--deleting the FI will screw this up. Get over it. That's what we were put here o...

windows vista email
Why do i get a message, upon leaving windows email, that says "you have unsent mail in your outbox" when the outbox is empty & there is no unsent mail anywhere? -- jim Is Vista's Service Pack 1 installed yet? If not install it. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "gunner35" <gunner35@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4178B571-4880-4A25-BCC1-0FD852FC27AB@microsoft.com... > Why do i get a message, upon leaving windows email, that says "you have > unsent mail in your outbox&quo...

Mailbox Restore #5
Hi Does anybody no if it is possible if you took a backup of your info store then lost your exchange server due to a fault and the actual computer object was deleted from the AD, Without using the /disasterrecovery switch could you install a new exchange server and restore that info store to that server. I have tried and get errors relating to different stamps and stuff Thanks -- John On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 08:29:05 -0700, "pepps" <pepps@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi Does anybody no if it is possible if you took a backup of your info store >then lost your exc...

money #36
get Rs.500 just by registering http://www.surveyspaysu.com?id=75165 . and Register FREE This website is for those who really wants to earn money from internet without spending Any Money.. ...