Can't open my money file #2

Good evening,
From today i can't open my money file, i had formatted my pc and i
reinstalled money as usual.
Today when i open my money file after typing the correct password the
program show a screen where it say

"Money has detected that you did not close file xxx before exiting
Money now needs to verify the information in your file. ....
Do you want do this now?"

I click yes and it say

"The email address or password is incorrect. Please try again"

But i dont put nowhere any email address this is an old money file converted
to new money 2008 un year ago i never used a email address only the file
password

Thank you in advance for help
0
Vincenzo (13)
2/20/2009 11:57:01 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Vincenzo wrote:

>Good evening,
>From today i can't open my money file, i had formatted my pc and i
>reinstalled money as usual.
>Today when i open my money file after typing the correct password the
>program show a screen where it say
>
>"Money has detected that you did not close file xxx before exiting
>Money now needs to verify the information in your file. ....
>Do you want do this now?"
>
>I click yes and it say
>
>"The email address or password is incorrect. Please try again"
>
>But i dont put nowhere any email address this is an old money file converted
>to new money 2008 un year ago i never used a email address only the file
>password
>
>Thank you in advance for help

Let's assume that you have installed Microsoft Money Plus after your
formatting.

By default, you should have 4 backup files named *.mbf that
incorporate the date and time in the filename. Restore the newest or
second-newest Money Backup File (*.mbf). One way to do that is to
start Money by right-clicking the backup file in Windows Explorer
and choosing Open. Do not restore to the "default location" but
instead Browse to your Document's folder, and choose a name.

If you did not save those *.mbf files, use your latest or
second-latest backup (*.mbf) that you made to removable media such
as a USB flash drive.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
2/21/2009 12:28:07 AM
The problem is that I haven't any recent backup file, the only  backups i
have are  backup of many years ago, when i formatted my pc i keep only the
original file

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Vincenzo wrote:
>
> >Good evening,
> >From today i can't open my money file, i had formatted my pc and i
> >reinstalled money as usual.
> >Today when i open my money file after typing the correct password the
> >program show a screen where it say
> >
> >"Money has detected that you did not close file xxx before exiting
> >Money now needs to verify the information in your file. ....
> >Do you want do this now?"
> >
> >I click yes and it say
> >
> >"The email address or password is incorrect. Please try again"
> >
> >But i dont put nowhere any email address this is an old money file converted
> >to new money 2008 un year ago i never used a email address only the file
> >password
> >
> >Thank you in advance for help
>
> Let's assume that you have installed Microsoft Money Plus after your
> formatting.
>
> By default, you should have 4 backup files named *.mbf that
> incorporate the date and time in the filename. Restore the newest or
> second-newest Money Backup File (*.mbf). One way to do that is to
> start Money by right-clicking the backup file in Windows Explorer
> and choosing Open. Do not restore to the "default location" but
> instead Browse to your Document's folder, and choose a name.
>
> If you did not save those *.mbf files, use your latest or
> second-latest backup (*.mbf) that you made to removable media such
> as a USB flash drive.

0
Vincenzo (13)
2/22/2009 9:50:01 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Vincenzo wrote:

>The problem is that I haven't any recent backup file, the only  backups i
>have are  backup of many years ago, when i formatted my pc i keep only the
>original file

I am sorry to hear that.

You could try salv.exe on your *.mny file.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902466

If that does not do it, you have done what you can.

>"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, Vincenzo wrote:
>>
>> >Good evening,
>> >From today i can't open my money file, i had formatted my pc and i
>> >reinstalled money as usual.
>> >Today when i open my money file after typing the correct password the
>> >program show a screen where it say
>> >
>> >"Money has detected that you did not close file xxx before exiting
>> >Money now needs to verify the information in your file. ....
>> >Do you want do this now?"
>> >
>> >I click yes and it say
>> >
>> >"The email address or password is incorrect. Please try again"
>> >
>> >But i dont put nowhere any email address this is an old money file converted
>> >to new money 2008 un year ago i never used a email address only the file
>> >password
>> >
>> >Thank you in advance for help
>>
>> Let's assume that you have installed Microsoft Money Plus after your
>> formatting.
>>
>> By default, you should have 4 backup files named *.mbf that
>> incorporate the date and time in the filename. Restore the newest or
>> second-newest Money Backup File (*.mbf). One way to do that is to
>> start Money by right-clicking the backup file in Windows Explorer
>> and choosing Open. Do not restore to the "default location" but
>> instead Browse to your Document's folder, and choose a name.
>>
>> If you did not save those *.mbf files, use your latest or
>> second-latest backup (*.mbf) that you made to removable media such
>> as a USB flash drive.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
2/22/2009 9:59:25 PM
I alredy tried this solution, the application say that is not possible to
restore the backup file (from my original money file) and it exit, the log
say that ther aren't brocken records, I think the file work correctly

It's is possible that i can't open my money file without a reason?why it ask
me a mail that i never inserted into?

Vincenzo

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Vincenzo wrote:
>
> >The problem is that I haven't any recent backup file, the only  backups i
> >have are  backup of many years ago, when i formatted my pc i keep only the
> >original file
>
> I am sorry to hear that.
>
> You could try salv.exe on your *.mny file.
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902466
>
> If that does not do it, you have done what you can.

> >> Let's assume that you have installed Microsoft Money Plus after your
> >> formatting.
> >>
> >> By default, you should have 4 backup files named *.mbf that
> >> incorporate the date and time in the filename. Restore the newest or
> >> second-newest Money Backup File (*.mbf). One way to do that is to
> >> start Money by right-clicking the backup file in Windows Explorer
> >> and choosing Open. Do not restore to the "default location" but
> >> instead Browse to your Document's folder, and choose a name.
> >>
> >> If you did not save those *.mbf files, use your latest or
> >> second-latest backup (*.mbf) that you made to removable media such
> >> as a USB flash drive.

0
Vincenzo (13)
2/23/2009 9:01:03 AM
In message <108A44AF-3003-47BA-BAE9-8CB73DF208C7@microsoft.com>,
Vincenzo <Vincenzo@discussions.microsoft.com> writes
>I alredy tried this solution, the application say that is not possible to
>restore the backup file (from my original money file) and it exit, the log
>say that ther aren't brocken records, I think the file work correctly
>
>It's is possible that i can't open my money file without a reason?why it ask
>me a mail that i never inserted into?
>
>Vincenzo

It is asking for the correct password *OR* email.

Since you did not use your Live ID or passport ignore the email part of
the error message.
1. You need to enter your correct password OR
2. Your data file is corrupted OR
3. You are not running the same version of Money.
(Or any combination of the above)

Have you updated your Money after re-installing?
If not open sample.mny and do an online update
Then try to open a copy of your *original* money file (from before you
attempted any repair).

If this doesn't work and you are using the correct password then unless
you have another good backup I think you have lost your data.
--
Martin Beenham (martin dot beenham at hotmail dot co dot uk)
0

I tried in two way on 2 pc
1) Installed money without any update (intenet connection disabled)
2) Installed money with the last updates

but in both cases it say the same things

"Martin Beenham" wrote:

> In message <108A44AF-3003-47BA-BAE9-8CB73DF208C7@microsoft.com>,
> Vincenzo <Vincenzo@discussions.microsoft.com> writes
> >I alredy tried this solution, the application say that is not possible to
> >restore the backup file (from my original money file) and it exit, the log
> >say that ther aren't brocken records, I think the file work correctly
> >
> >It's is possible that i can't open my money file without a reason?why it ask
> >me a mail that i never inserted into?
> >
> >Vincenzo
> >

> It is asking for the correct password *OR* email.
>
> Since you did not use your Live ID or passport ignore the email part of
> the error message.
> 1. You need to enter your correct password OR
> 2. Your data file is corrupted OR
> 3. You are not running the same version of Money.
> (Or any combination of the above)
>
> Have you updated your Money after re-installing?
> If not open sample.mny and do an online update
> Then try to open a copy of your *original* money file (from before you
> attempted any repair).
>
> If this doesn't work and you are using the correct password then unless
> you have another good backup I think you have lost your data.
> --
> Martin Beenham (martin dot beenham at hotmail dot co dot uk)

0
Vincenzo (13)
2/23/2009 10:38:00 AM
I post 4 screenshot to explain better

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/626/screen1.jpg
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/2514/screen2x.jpg
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/7263/screen3v.jpg

this if i try to restore from my original non changed file

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/8773/screen4.jpg

"Martin Beenham" wrote:

> In message <108A44AF-3003-47BA-BAE9-8CB73DF208C7@microsoft.com>,
> Vincenzo <Vincenzo@discussions.microsoft.com> writes
> >I alredy tried this solution, the application say that is not possible to
> >restore the backup file (from my original money file) and it exit, the log
> >say that ther aren't brocken records, I think the file work correctly
> >
> >It's is possible that i can't open my money file without a reason?why it ask
> >me a mail that i never inserted into?
> >
> >Vincenzo
> >

> It is asking for the correct password *OR* email.
>
> Since you did not use your Live ID or passport ignore the email part of
> the error message.
> 1. You need to enter your correct password OR
> 2. Your data file is corrupted OR
> 3. You are not running the same version of Money.
> (Or any combination of the above)
>
> Have you updated your Money after re-installing?
> If not open sample.mny and do an online update
> Then try to open a copy of your *original* money file (from before you
> attempted any repair).
>
> If this doesn't work and you are using the correct password then unless
> you have another good backup I think you have lost your data.
> --
> Martin Beenham (martin dot beenham at hotmail dot co dot uk)

0
Vincenzo (13)
2/23/2009 10:52:10 PM
There is NOBODY can help me? After i paiyng the new money i must resign
myself to lost 5 years of work?
Without an explanation for asking me an email address

"Martin Beenham" wrote:

> In message <108A44AF-3003-47BA-BAE9-8CB73DF208C7@microsoft.com>,
> Vincenzo <Vincenzo@discussions.microsoft.com> writes
> >I alredy tried this solution, the application say that is not possible to
> >restore the backup file (from my original money file) and it exit, the log
> >say that ther aren't brocken records, I think the file work correctly
> >
> >It's is possible that i can't open my money file without a reason?why it ask
> >me a mail that i never inserted into?
> >
> >Vincenzo
> >

> It is asking for the correct password *OR* email.
>
> Since you did not use your Live ID or passport ignore the email part of
> the error message.
> 1. You need to enter your correct password OR
> 2. Your data file is corrupted OR
> 3. You are not running the same version of Money.
> (Or any combination of the above)
>
> Have you updated your Money after re-installing?
> If not open sample.mny and do an online update
> Then try to open a copy of your *original* money file (from before you
> attempted any repair).
>
> If this doesn't work and you are using the correct password then unless
> you have another good backup I think you have lost your data.
> --
> Martin Beenham (martin dot beenham at hotmail dot co dot uk)

0
Vincenzo (13)
2/24/2009 7:16:05 PM
Have you opened a support case with Microsoft?

"Vincenzo" <Vincenzo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> There is NOBODY can help me? After i paiyng the new money i must resign
> myself to lost 5 years of work?
> Without an explanation for asking me an email address
>

> "Martin Beenham" wrote:
>
>> In message <108A44AF-3003-47BA-BAE9-8CB73DF208C7@microsoft.com>,
>> Vincenzo <Vincenzo@discussions.microsoft.com> writes
>> >I alredy tried this solution, the application say that is not possible
>> >restore the backup file (from my original money file) and it exit, the
>> >log
>> >say that ther aren't brocken records, I think the file work correctly
>> >
>> >It's is possible that i can't open my money file without a reason?why it
>> >ask
>> >me a mail that i never inserted into?
>> >
>> >Vincenzo
>> >

>> It is asking for the correct password *OR* email.
>>
>> Since you did not use your Live ID or passport ignore the email part of
>> the error message.
>> 1. You need to enter your correct password OR
>> 2. Your data file is corrupted OR
>> 3. You are not running the same version of Money.
>> (Or any combination of the above)
>>
>> Have you updated your Money after re-installing?
>> If not open sample.mny and do an online update
>> Then try to open a copy of your *original* money file (from before you
>> attempted any repair).
>>
>> If this doesn't work and you are using the correct password then unless
>> you have another good backup I think you have lost your data.
>> --
>> Martin Beenham (martin dot beenham at hotmail dot co dot uk)

0
cconover1 (65)
2/24/2009 7:47:24 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Vincenzo wrote:

>There is NOBODY can help me? After i paiyng the new money i must resign
>myself to lost 5 years of work?

If I understood you, you purchased and installed Money Plus a year
ago, and it was working fine for a year. You, at some point, had
problems with your system, and saved only your *.mny file to other
media before formatting your hard drive. You did not save any recent
backup files onto other media . You were not doing a scheduled
backup of Money to other media.

>Without an explanation for asking me an email address

After you formatted your hard drive, you reinstalled Windows XP and
reinstalled Money Plus. When you tried to open that only saved *.mny
file, Money Plus reported it could not open it. You tried salv.exe
or File->RepairMoneyFile->StandardFileRepair level 2, and that
process said it could not repair your file.... or it did not say
that it could not make a repaired version of your file, but you
could not open the repaired file.... -- which is it?

Money is not saying you have an email address on your file; you
appear to have a corrupted file. You formatted over your backups.
You did not have a recent backup on other media.

When you open Money today, Help->About says you have version
17.0.120.1415 or 17.0.125.1415

Is that about it?

Sorry, but I don't think anybody will be able to get you back to
where you were before your computer problem and formatting. I feel
sure that you have already reviewed your backup policies. I hope
others will be inspired by your story. I understand that is no
consolation.

>"Martin Beenham" wrote:
>
>> In message <108A44AF-3003-47BA-BAE9-8CB73DF208C7@microsoft.com>,
>> Vincenzo <Vincenzo@discussions.microsoft.com> writes
>> >I alredy tried this solution, the application say that is not possible to
>> >restore the backup file (from my original money file) and it exit, the log
>> >say that ther aren't brocken records, I think the file work correctly
>> >
>> >It's is possible that i can't open my money file without a reason?why it ask
>> >me a mail that i never inserted into?
>> >
>> >Vincenzo
>> >

>> It is asking for the correct password *OR* email.
>>
>> Since you did not use your Live ID or passport ignore the email part of
>> the error message.
>> 1. You need to enter your correct password OR
>> 2. Your data file is corrupted OR
>> 3. You are not running the same version of Money.
>> (Or any combination of the above)
>>
>> Have you updated your Money after re-installing?
>> If not open sample.mny and do an online update
>> Then try to open a copy of your *original* money file (from before you
>> attempted any repair).
>>
>> If this doesn't work and you are using the correct password then unless
>> you have another good backup I think you have lost your data.
>> --
>> Martin Beenham (martin dot beenham at hotmail dot co dot uk)

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
2/24/2009 7:59:19 PM
How it work?

Thank you

"Cindy Conover" wrote:

> Have you opened a support case with Microsoft?
>

> "Vincenzo" <Vincenzo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > There is NOBODY can help me? After i paiyng the new money i must resign
> > myself to lost 5 years of work?
> > Without an explanation for asking me an email address
> >

> > "Martin Beenham" wrote:
> >
> >> In message <108A44AF-3003-47BA-BAE9-8CB73DF208C7@microsoft.com>,
> >> Vincenzo <Vincenzo@discussions.microsoft.com> writes

> >> It is asking for the correct password *OR* email.
> >>
> >> Since you did not use your Live ID or passport ignore the email part of
> >> the error message.
> >> 1. You need to enter your correct password OR
> >> 2. Your data file is corrupted OR
> >> 3. You are not running the same version of Money.
> >> (Or any combination of the above)
> >>
> >> Have you updated your Money after re-installing?
> >> If not open sample.mny and do an online update
> >> Then try to open a copy of your *original* money file (from before you
> >> attempted any repair).
> >>
> >> If this doesn't work and you are using the correct password then unless
> >> you have another good backup I think you have lost your data.
> >> --
> >> Martin Beenham (martin dot beenham at hotmail dot co dot uk)

0
Vincenzo (13)
2/25/2009 9:36:01 AM
How work the support case with Microsoft?

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Vincenzo wrote:
>
> >There is NOBODY can help me? After i paiyng the new money i must resign
> >myself to lost 5 years of work?
>
> If I understood you, you purchased and installed Money Plus a year
> ago, and it was working fine for a year. You, at some point, had
> problems with your system, and saved only your *.mny file to other
> media before formatting your hard drive. You did not save any recent
> backup files onto other media . You were not doing a scheduled
> backup of Money to other media.
>

> >Without an explanation for asking me an email address
>
> After you formatted your hard drive, you reinstalled Windows XP and
> reinstalled Money Plus. When you tried to open that only saved *.mny
> file, Money Plus reported it could not open it. You tried salv.exe
> or File->RepairMoneyFile->StandardFileRepair level 2, and that
> process said it could not repair your file.... or it did not say
> that it could not make a repaired version of your file, but you
> could not open the repaired file.... -- which is it?
>
> Money is not saying you have an email address on your file; you
> appear to have a corrupted file. You formatted over your backups.
> You did not have a recent backup on other media.
>
> When you open Money today, Help->About says you have version
> 17.0.120.1415 or 17.0.125.1415
>
> Is that about it?
>
> Sorry, but I don't think anybody will be able to get you back to
> where you were before your computer problem and formatting. I feel
> sure that you have already reviewed your backup policies. I hope
> others will be inspired by your story. I understand that is no
> consolation.
>

> >"Martin Beenham" wrote:
> >
> >> In message <108A44AF-3003-47BA-BAE9-8CB73DF208C7@microsoft.com>,
> >> Vincenzo <Vincenzo@discussions.microsoft.com> writes

> >> It is asking for the correct password *OR* email.
> >>
> >> Since you did not use your Live ID or passport ignore the email part of
> >> the error message.
> >> 1. You need to enter your correct password OR
> >> 2. Your data file is corrupted OR
> >> 3. You are not running the same version of Money.
> >> (Or any combination of the above)
> >>
> >> Have you updated your Money after re-installing?
> >> If not open sample.mny and do an online update
> >> Then try to open a copy of your *original* money file (from before you
> >> attempted any repair).
> >>
> >> If this doesn't work and you are using the correct password then unless
> >> you have another good backup I think you have lost your data.
> >> --
> >> Martin Beenham (martin dot beenham at hotmail dot co dot uk)

0
Vincenzo (13)
2/25/2009 7:59:01 PM
You can start at many sites.
http://www.microsoft.com/money/support.mspx
lists the overall support information.

http://support.microsoft.com/ph/870#tab4 is the jumping off point to submit
an email request for support etc.

It will look up your serial number if you are on the same machine with Money
running, otherwise you need to provide your serial number (from the About
Money page).

Art

> How it work?
>
> Thank you
>

> "Cindy Conover" wrote:
>
>> Have you opened a support case with Microsoft?
>>

>> "Vincenzo" <Vincenzo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > There is NOBODY can help me? After i paiyng the new money i must resign
>> > myself to lost 5 years of work?
>> > Without an explanation for asking me an email address

Start at this site:
http://support.microsoft.com/mny#tab0

> How work the support case with Microsoft?
>

> "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, Vincenzo wrote:
>>
>> >There is NOBODY can help me? After i paiyng the new money i must resign
>> >myself to lost 5 years of work?
>>
>> If I understood you, you purchased and installed Money Plus a year
>> ago, and it was working fine for a year. You, at some point, had
>> problems with your system, and saved only your *.mny file to other
>> media before formatting your hard drive. You did not save any recent
>> backup files onto other media . You were not doing a scheduled
>> backup of Money to other media.
>>

>> >Without an explanation for asking me an email address
>>
>> After you formatted your hard drive, you reinstalled Windows XP and
>> reinstalled Money Plus. When you tried to open that only saved *.mny
>> file, Money Plus reported it could not open it. You tried salv.exe
>> or File->RepairMoneyFile->StandardFileRepair level 2, and that
>> process said it could not repair your file.... or it did not say
>> that it could not make a repaired version of your file, but you
>> could not open the repaired file.... -- which is it?
>>
>> Money is not saying you have an email address on your file; you
>> appear to have a corrupted file. You formatted over your backups.
>> You did not have a recent backup on other media.
>>
>> When you open Money today, Help->About says you have version
>> 17.0.120.1415 or 17.0.125.1415
>>
>> Is that about it?
>>
>> Sorry, but I don't think anybody will be able to get you back to
>> where you were before your computer problem and formatting. I feel
>> sure that you have already reviewed your backup policies. I hope
>> others will be inspired by your story. I understand that is no
>> consolation.

0
cconover1 (65)

PST file locaion under Win7
Hi, Where does outlook 2007 keeps PST files under windows7? Apparently under Users/myname there is no folder AppData\Local... Thank you for your help. ...

Linking files 2 ways

Using Relative path for XML data file?

How to repair a .dll file in IE8

owa cant open ppt attachments

Maximum file sizes

File size #11

More Columns #2

find action on log file

Offline Synchronization Problem #2

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error

Contacts in Exchange #2

Goal Seek #2

cannot open hyper links in outlook

Increment A2 from A1 and A2 Sum #2

Money End of Support
I may be asking something that's already been asked 1000 times (apologies in advance), but I'm just not 100% clear on something re: Microsoft's decision to end their support of Money. I'm a current Money Plus customer who uses the online features for stock updates, credit card downloads, bank statement downloads, and investment downloads (no Bill Pay). Reading their FAQ page, it seems that service should continue until 1/31/2011. However, when I shutdown money, I get a message that says "online services will expire in 21 days (that's what I got today). After ...

2 different Qty in order details in northwind
Hi, im pretty new with access 2007, i decide to use northwind template. In order detail both form, i have 2 different Qty, the original Qty is the Qty that will link to Inventory and I add another field Qty1 for invoice purpose. For example, I got 1 roll of tape, 1 roll will be cut into 10 pcs. We need to bill according to customer request qty 10, but actual qty sold is only 1. Anyone come across this issue. How to modify it w/o effect the function? table/form as below:- ID ORDER ID PRODUCT ID QUANTITY (FOR INVENTORY) QTY1 (FOR INVOICE) UNIT PRICE AND SO ON Is there a...