Can't Open Money

I was using MS Money 2002 this weekend and everything was
working fine.  I tried to open it later in the weekend,
and the program will not open.  I hear my hard drive make
some noise, but then nothing happens.  Everything else on
my machine is working fine.  Does anyone know how I can
fix this?

Thanks,

Sean
0
sdcatl (1)
2/16/2004 5:57:11 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Sean wrote:

>I was using MS Money 2002 this weekend and everything was
>working fine.  I tried to open it later in the weekend,
>and the program will not open.  I hear my hard drive make
>some noise, but then nothing happens.  Everything else on
>my machine is working fine.  Does anyone know how I can
>fix this?

On Sunday, Microsoft corrected the bad download for Money 2002.
To use the fix, here is what to do:

1.  Reinstall Money from your install disk.
2.  Clear the Internet Temporary files in IE with
    Tools->InternetOptions->DeleteFiles.
3.  Start Money and download the Internet updates.

If this does not resolve the problem:

1.  Remove Money
2.  Reinstall Money to a new directory/folder.

Success?
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
2/16/2004 6:05:11 PM
Well, how about a class action lawsuit about this Money
program? I can't open the program, after having about a
year's worth of data on it. I've tried the download
Checksku.exe "fix" and it didn't work. neither did
reinstalling it, or running the Compatability Wizard.
AWR

0
anonymous (74722)
2/16/2004 11:19:11 PM
Removing the program and reinstalling it into a new
folder worked.  Thanks!

Sean

0
anonymous (74722)

Money Plus Sunset Home and Business is available
Money Plus Sunset Home and Business is available from the download center: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=52d42d7f-e2e9-478b-a4da-4b24e5875fc1 Patty MacDuffie "Patty MacDuffie" <MacDuffie@sendspamhere.com> wrote in message news:#QFQrth8KHA.1892@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Money Plus Sunset Home and Business is available from the download center: > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=52d42d7f-e2e9-478b-a4da-4b24e5875fc1 > > Patty MacDuffie But what is the point if...

PO In Open and History
Ok, I have several of these but I have one in particular that is giving me a DBMS 2627 Primary Key Violation. I have looked and the PO is in POP10100, POP10110, POP10150, POP10500, POP10550, POP30100, POP30110, and POP30310. The receipt is in POP10500, POP10600 but not for the correct matchine line item from 10500, POP30310, POP30300, POP30330 but not for the correct line item, and POP30390. So I have read some other threads that say delete from the current and run checklinks/reconcile. It looks like this one posted completely but did not remove from current correctly. So from which...

Upgrading Money 99 Cdn to Money 07 H&B
I Have read how Money 99 needs to converted by stepping it through Money 04 or 05 but my problem is that the 04 and 05 downloads offered for this are US versions and when I try to convert my Canadian file I get "Money cannot cannot convert this file because it was made with an incompatable version". It seems I need a Canadian version of Money 04 or 05 to step my file though to Money 2007. Does anyone have suggestions? Thanks, ...

Upgrading to Windows XP with Money 2005
I had Money 2005 Deluxe running on Windows 98SE. I upgraded to Windows XP. When I opened Money it asked me to rerun setup. I did. I tried then to open my *.mny file. Money wants to convert it (It's already a 2005 file so don't know why.). When I proceed it says "Money cannot locate D:\Money\mymoney.mny or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file or you don't have permission to change it or your disk drive is write protected." I have tried to restore several different backup files to the same result. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled wit...

System date error on Money 2004 trial.
I downloaded the trial version of Money 2004 Deluxe from MS's website and installed it. It soon became apparent that it was a US specific version so I uninstalled it and located the trial version of the UK specific one. Unfortunately, Money isn't happy, and every time I start the application, it reports that the system date is set earlier than the date on which I first used Money (it isn't). Any suggestions on how to get around this? I really would love to try it out. Cheers, 4Space I can't guarantee this is the answer but try setting the date via Control Panel > Regio...

opening XLS files
Can someone tell me how to open a XLS file whe the message says "windows can not open this XLS file. To open windows needs to know what program created it"? It was created in excel spreadsheet. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Do you have Excel installed on your Computer? If so, save the file to Hard Drive then open Windows Explorer and locate the file. SHIFT + Right-click and select "Open With" and scroll to Excel in the dialog box. Select and check "always open with". If no Excel on your computer you can download Free XLViewer at http://office.micr...

Very slow opening excel files in Outlook
Where I work, we are all running Office 2007, Active Directory, and Outlook connects to an Exchange 07 server. One of my users is having a strange problem. Whenever he tries to open Excel files from within Outlook, it can take up to 2 minutes for the file to open. All other file formats open immediately just fine, except Excel. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks. Normally you would see an error and an attachment wouldn't open, but try this anyway: http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/securetemp.htm "Joao" <cyclinglemur@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d6d5b92c...

Money Essentials
Does anyone know if and how and you can add or delete the delivered spending categories that come with Money essentials? For example, Automobile. You are unlikely to find anyone here who uses M Ess as it won't read a .mny file and we tend to be long time Money users with history! That said given the extremely limited functionality of Mess it is highly unlikely that you can do what you want. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifical...

Open another workbook with a button click
Hi, I have 2 situations: 1. I have add 2 buttons (button A & button B) in my workbook calle Project.xls, button A will open A.xls(sheet1) while button B wil open-up B.xls (sheet2). 2. I have add 2 buttons (button A & button B) in my workbook calle Project.xls, button A will open sheet "A"while button B will open-u sheet "B" at the same workbook (Project.xls). So, my question is how to do it ? how to write the respective codes for the 2 situations? Please help. Thanks. Thankyou, celi -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Celia, Code Option Exp...

Excel file opens with a blank screen
I have an excel file with a few worksheets. Sometimes (But this does not happen every time) after I run a macro that takes data from other files and puts it onto a worksheet in the current file, after I save and close the current file and then reopen the file, it comes up blank. I can still view my vb code, but I cannot see the actual spreadsheets unless I go to View-->Full screen and then reduce the view with the minimize icon on the little toolbar that pops up. What really makes this odd, is that a friend in another lab can run the macro and open the file at his place with no prob...

Frustrated at Microsoft over Trial Upgrade to Money 2004
I'm really, really, frustrated. It started out ok... I downloaded the trial version of Money 2004. It worked fine. About 1 month ago, I decided to go ahead and buy the upgrade to Money 2004 Deluxe. I purchased on-line through the upgrade link in the program. Cost me $40, but, I should get an activation key, and everything will be great. What happened then? I kept waiting for the CDROM to show up in the mail. Did it? NO! All I got was an activation key by email with absolution NO instructions about how to use the silly number. I emailed Microsoft's customer support 3 tim...

Configure so non-administrator can open device
Hello, I'm trying to setup a device object that anyone can open and send ioctls to. I setup a custom device path \Device\Test\TestDev0 and created a SymLink as \DosDevices\Test which points to \Device\Test\TestDev0. Under vista, all access works fine when the app is started as administrator, but when doing it as a non administrator the attempt to open \\.\Test results in Error 5 (Access Denied). So I fired up winobj and as an administrator manually set permissions (all I could) for "everyone" on \Device\Test and \Device\Test\TestDev0. Tried again and same pro...

EXCEL 2000 slow to open workbooks
EXCEL 2000 workbooks take about a minute to load and about 30 seconds to save. Files are 64.5MB and I have 128MB of RAM. Would a RAM upgrade - say to 256MB - increase performance? I have cleared the temp files but saw no improvement. Any suggestions on how to speed up? Hi Cheeselovee! Extract from: Charles Williams: http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimits.htm For Windows 2000 you need about 64MB for the operating system and 8-24MB for Excel so: a.. 72 MB RAM is OK for small workbooks. b.. 128 MB RAM is OK unless you need to open more than about 32MB of workbooks. c.. 196 MB RAM...

Click on 'doc' will not toally open in word.
When I click on a *.doc document Word (Word 2000), opens with the document screen a medium dark gray. The toolbars are present. It will not close when clicking on the 'X' in the upper right hand corner and you have to go into Task Manager. It takes a few keystrokes until it finally closes. Document will open if Word is open. It use to work fine. Word removed and reinstalled with no change. File Types is correct WinXP Pro SP3 MSWord 2000 Have you tried repairing the Word installation? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Funkyecat" <Funkyecat@...

cd file will not open
I have copied an excel file to CD-R and cannot open the disc copy. I get the message The Disc is full. But I only copied 39 MB of data onto a blank 700 MB disc. Is there some way to get around this? Thank you! Cynthia Copy the file to your HD and open it there. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "cynthia dygert" <cynthia.dygert@amerihealth-tpa.com> wrote in message news:00bf01c34e29$bb680d10$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have copied an excel file to CD-R and cannot open the > disc copy. I get the message The Disc is full. But I > o...

Open form with selected records
I am trying to open my form from a splashscreen and only show records that have a blank date field. My form always opens without any records. I have at least 30 in the table. I tried opening from a query that I use to list these records on a report but then I cannot add new records. Open the form in design view and check its properties. If the form opens without records, it may have the Data Entry property set to Yes (providing a form for entering new data, but not showing existing). Another approach, and one that saves loading all the available records "behind the form", w...

Problems with Money 2008
Ok I was using Money 2006 and all of the sudden my Portfolio Manager goes blank, nothing nada zilch. Investing home shows my investment accounts at the top, but when I click Portfolio Manager it goes to the page and its all blank except for the word Portfolio Manager. Any Ideas what the problem is? Also I cannot see any of the financial institutions when setting up a new account it just has a red triangle with ! in it that says the list is temporaily unavailable. Please try again later. I tried all the suggestions in the knowledge base I found on this problem and nothing worked. I ...

Outlook 2007 Crashes when opening in Windows 7 64 bit
The computer is new with windows 7. I downloaded Office 2007 standard a month ago. It has been working fine. Yesterday i was downloading old printer drivers and my machine took a "critical update" from Microsoft. After that my Outlook would not open. It would start to open and rthen crash with the error message "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window." All other MSD Office programs are working fine. Any suggestions? ...

Excel files will not open from a shortcut in XP. How do I fix thi
Excell files set up as shortcuts will not open. The system sends a "file not found" message. The same thing occurs when trying to open anExcel attachment in an email. Other file types open normally (.doc, .dwg, .pdf, .jpg etc). How do I fix this so that I can open files from desktop shortcuts or from shortcuts in emails? I am using Windows XP Home Edition version 2002 Service Pack 1, and Excel 2003 (11.6355.6360) SP1 Sometimes one of these works: Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or --- Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unr...

No command available to Balance Escrow account
I am pretty familiar with Money 2006 and balance accounts all the time but an Escrow account I have does not have 'Balance this Account command under 'Common Tasks'. This is driving me crazy, where did it go? Ian Oliver wrote: > I am pretty familiar with Money 2006 and balance accounts all the time > but an Escrow account I have does not have 'Balance this Account > command under 'Common Tasks'. > > This is driving me crazy, where did it go? Asset accounts don't have a balance option. You have to balance them manually. As far as I can tell, onl...

Looking for MS Money Resources for Selling Goods on eBay
Does anyone know of where I can find some information on how to properly set up MS Money Small Business to sell items on eBay? I want to be able to correctly manage information on my inventory, associated selling fees (eBay, PayPal .etc), shipping costs, and others. I also sell items under consignment agreements where the items are owned by others but I sell and receive a commission. I just want to see if there is anyone else using MS Money in this fashion and what worked best for them in terms of managing this information. Thanks support@on-lineconsignment.com ...

Recurring transactions in Money 2005
On My home page, I show three transactions as being overdue, yet one was already paid, and the other two were edited to change their dates, yet they still show up as overdue. How do I get rid of these? I have tried deleteing and readding the recurring transaction, but they remain on the home page as overdue, yet when you go to the bills summary, they are correct. Thanks in advance for your help In microsoft.public.money, armand wrote: >On My home page, I show three transactions as being overdue, yet one was >already paid, and the other two were edited to change their dates, yet...

What is "My Money.lrd" File?
I noticed in Windows Explorer in my Money folder a new file "My Money.lrd", 1 KB size, kept opening and closing, and the time stamp on my "My Money.mny" file kept being kept to the current time, even though I did NOT have the program open. What's going on? See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=87. "Dimitrios Paskoudniakis" <greekgod@yeahright.com> wrote in message news:96mdnaL3TaqfpxDfRVn_vg@giganews.com... >I noticed in Windows Explorer in my Money folder a new file "My Money.lrd", >1 KB size, kept opening and closing, and the t...

How to create an open dialog (CFileDialog) with thumbnails style?
Hi, anyone knows how to create an open dialog (CFileDialog) with thumbnails style. Best Regards, ZHANG Liren Here is how to do it. http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/04/03/cqa/default.aspx?fig=true#fig2 Simply pass ODM_VIEW_THUMBS to SetListView in the OnInitDialog this is the actual article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/04/03/cqa/default.aspx AliR. "zhanglr" <zhanglr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4FD81056-BC57-4148-8572-9D29DBC7E12B@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > anyone knows how to create an open dialog (CFileDialog) with thumb...

How do I open .dbx files saved from my computer in outlook
I have a number of .dbx files I saved on an external hard drive just before my computer died. How do I open them on my new computer. It has Vista and office outlook 2007 You need to use Windows Mail and make the folders available there (import from identity - Outlook Express) , before in WM exporting msgs to Exchange (Outlook) "colinswood" <colinswood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD7FEA1C-813C-4DD0-8C22-860B2AABCE9E@microsoft.com... >I have a number of .dbx files I saved on an external hard drive just before > my computer died. How do ...