Can't log into money file

I upgraded from 2002 to 2004 (standard) last night. It converted my 
existing file without any problems. I was able to connect to the bank 
accounts and retrieve the latest transactions. I closed Money to go work 
on something else but when I reopened Money later it won't sign into my 
passport account. Same result this morning. As a result I can't use any 
of the online services.

I went to the msn home page and signed into my passport account manually 
and determined that Firefox (my default browser) was blocking my cookies 
for the msn.com site. I also checked IE and made sure that cookies for 
that site are allowed but it still won't log in via Money.

Running XP Sp2.

Any thoughts?

TIA,
LJ
0
ljnotreal (1)
4/12/2005 3:32:48 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

7 Replies
431 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 4

Thanks Neil. I think our only option is to manually download the 
transactions from the bank site and import them into MS money.

Another solution may be to dump MS money and switch to Quicken 2004 which I 
also have available.

"Neil" <Neil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:74843E8F-E826-4401-A907-203B10ED1422@microsoft.com...
>I too upgraded - from 2004 to 2005 Deluxe.  I was able to sign in with my
> Passport for quite some time.  A few weeks ago the sign in process began
> taking almost two minutes or longer.  I then discovered that Money was not
> downloading my financial transactions in the background because Money took
> itself off-line.  I've been working with Microsoft, but as usual, they 
> refuse
> to think the problem could be at their end.
>
> Sorry I don't have better news, but at least you're not alone.
> Neil
>
>
> "LJ" wrote:
>
>> I upgraded from 2002 to 2004 (standard) last night. It converted my
>> existing file without any problems. I was able to connect to the bank
>> accounts and retrieve the latest transactions. I closed Money to go work
>> on something else but when I reopened Money later it won't sign into my
>> passport account. Same result this morning. As a result I can't use any
>> of the online services.
>>
>> I went to the msn home page and signed into my passport account manually
>> and determined that Firefox (my default browser) was blocking my cookies
>> for the msn.com site. I also checked IE and made sure that cookies for
>> that site are allowed but it still won't log in via Money.
>>
>> Running XP Sp2.
>>
>> Any thoughts?
>>
>> TIA,
>> LJ
>> 

0
4/13/2005 12:47:05 AM
Hi Laura,

In my situation, even though Money believes it's off-line I can still 
download transactions.  I go into Internet Updates and click Update Now.  
This is how I've been working since Money will not download in the 
background.  I hope this option works for you.  It's easier then downloading 
and importing.

I also have a CASE ID open with Microsoft Support.  I have asked for it to 
be escalated, especially since the problem appears to more widespread then MS 
wants to believe.  If I receive a resolution I will post it.

Neil


"Laura" wrote:

> Thanks Neil. I think our only option is to manually download the 
> transactions from the bank site and import them into MS money.
> 
> Another solution may be to dump MS money and switch to Quicken 2004 which I 
> also have available.
> 
> "Neil" <Neil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:74843E8F-E826-4401-A907-203B10ED1422@microsoft.com...
> >I too upgraded - from 2004 to 2005 Deluxe.  I was able to sign in with my
> > Passport for quite some time.  A few weeks ago the sign in process began
> > taking almost two minutes or longer.  I then discovered that Money was not
> > downloading my financial transactions in the background because Money took
> > itself off-line.  I've been working with Microsoft, but as usual, they 
> > refuse
> > to think the problem could be at their end.
> >
> > Sorry I don't have better news, but at least you're not alone.
> > Neil
> >
> >
> > "LJ" wrote:
> >
> >> I upgraded from 2002 to 2004 (standard) last night. It converted my
> >> existing file without any problems. I was able to connect to the bank
> >> accounts and retrieve the latest transactions. I closed Money to go work
> >> on something else but when I reopened Money later it won't sign into my
> >> passport account. Same result this morning. As a result I can't use any
> >> of the online services.
> >>
> >> I went to the msn home page and signed into my passport account manually
> >> and determined that Firefox (my default browser) was blocking my cookies
> >> for the msn.com site. I also checked IE and made sure that cookies for
> >> that site are allowed but it still won't log in via Money.
> >>
> >> Running XP Sp2.
> >>
> >> Any thoughts?
> >>
> >> TIA,
> >> LJ
> >> 
> 
> 
0
neil7418 (200)
4/13/2005 1:16:03 AM
Hi Neil,

This does not seem to be working for me either. I have 2 accounts that I 
basically do your method each time I check for updates. I also go to the 
bank's website first so I know when there are new transactions. Both 
accounts have new transactions today according to the website. Only one of 
them downloaded today's transactions. I'm baffled.

Laura

"Neil" <Neil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:C3A2D966-5242-4045-AC57-CE965D8BDFC9@microsoft.com...
> Hi Laura,
>
> In my situation, even though Money believes it's off-line I can still
> download transactions.  I go into Internet Updates and click Update Now.
> This is how I've been working since Money will not download in the
> background.  I hope this option works for you.  It's easier then 
> downloading
> and importing.
>
> I also have a CASE ID open with Microsoft Support.  I have asked for it to
> be escalated, especially since the problem appears to more widespread then 
> MS
> wants to believe.  If I receive a resolution I will post it.
>
> Neil
>
>
> "Laura" wrote:
>
>> Thanks Neil. I think our only option is to manually download the
>> transactions from the bank site and import them into MS money.
>>
>> Another solution may be to dump MS money and switch to Quicken 2004 which 
>> I
>> also have available.
>>
>> "Neil" <Neil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:74843E8F-E826-4401-A907-203B10ED1422@microsoft.com...
>> >I too upgraded - from 2004 to 2005 Deluxe.  I was able to sign in with 
>> >my
>> > Passport for quite some time.  A few weeks ago the sign in process 
>> > began
>> > taking almost two minutes or longer.  I then discovered that Money was 
>> > not
>> > downloading my financial transactions in the background because Money 
>> > took
>> > itself off-line.  I've been working with Microsoft, but as usual, they
>> > refuse
>> > to think the problem could be at their end.
>> >
>> > Sorry I don't have better news, but at least you're not alone.
>> > Neil
>> >
>> >
>> > "LJ" wrote:
>> >
>> >> I upgraded from 2002 to 2004 (standard) last night. It converted my
>> >> existing file without any problems. I was able to connect to the bank
>> >> accounts and retrieve the latest transactions. I closed Money to go 
>> >> work
>> >> on something else but when I reopened Money later it won't sign into 
>> >> my
>> >> passport account. Same result this morning. As a result I can't use 
>> >> any
>> >> of the online services.
>> >>
>> >> I went to the msn home page and signed into my passport account 
>> >> manually
>> >> and determined that Firefox (my default browser) was blocking my 
>> >> cookies
>> >> for the msn.com site. I also checked IE and made sure that cookies for
>> >> that site are allowed but it still won't log in via Money.
>> >>
>> >> Running XP Sp2.
>> >>
>> >> Any thoughts?
>> >>
>> >> TIA,
>> >> LJ
>> >>
>>
>> 

0
4/13/2005 1:35:12 AM
Neil and Laura,

What changed on your system, since Money was last able to update and "verify
your Passport"?
New firewall?
It sounds like something is blocking Money's access to the Internet. So, was
there some update or some new software added around the time that Money
stopped updating?

Have you checked out the following KB articles:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;891338
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317638
-Mark

"Laura" <invalid@sample.invalid> wrote in message
news:kH_6e.567837$w62.278128@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> Hi Neil,
>
> This does not seem to be working for me either. I have 2 accounts that I
> basically do your method each time I check for updates. I also go to the
> bank's website first so I know when there are new transactions. Both
> accounts have new transactions today according to the website. Only one of
> them downloaded today's transactions. I'm baffled.
>
> Laura
>
> "Neil" <Neil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:C3A2D966-5242-4045-AC57-CE965D8BDFC9@microsoft.com...
> > Hi Laura,
> >
> > In my situation, even though Money believes it's off-line I can still
> > download transactions.  I go into Internet Updates and click Update Now.
> > This is how I've been working since Money will not download in the
> > background.  I hope this option works for you.  It's easier then
> > downloading
> > and importing.
> >
> > I also have a CASE ID open with Microsoft Support.  I have asked for it
to
> > be escalated, especially since the problem appears to more widespread
then
> > MS
> > wants to believe.  If I receive a resolution I will post it.
> >
> > Neil
> >
> >
> > "Laura" wrote:
> >
> >> Thanks Neil. I think our only option is to manually download the
> >> transactions from the bank site and import them into MS money.
> >>
> >> Another solution may be to dump MS money and switch to Quicken 2004
which
> >> I
> >> also have available.
> >>
> >> "Neil" <Neil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:74843E8F-E826-4401-A907-203B10ED1422@microsoft.com...
> >> >I too upgraded - from 2004 to 2005 Deluxe.  I was able to sign in with
> >> >my
> >> > Passport for quite some time.  A few weeks ago the sign in process
> >> > began
> >> > taking almost two minutes or longer.  I then discovered that Money
was
> >> > not
> >> > downloading my financial transactions in the background because Money
> >> > took
> >> > itself off-line.  I've been working with Microsoft, but as usual,
they
> >> > refuse
> >> > to think the problem could be at their end.
> >> >
> >> > Sorry I don't have better news, but at least you're not alone.
> >> > Neil
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > "LJ" wrote:
> >> >
> >> >> I upgraded from 2002 to 2004 (standard) last night. It converted my
> >> >> existing file without any problems. I was able to connect to the
bank
> >> >> accounts and retrieve the latest transactions. I closed Money to go
> >> >> work
> >> >> on something else but when I reopened Money later it won't sign into
> >> >> my
> >> >> passport account. Same result this morning. As a result I can't use
> >> >> any
> >> >> of the online services.
> >> >>
> >> >> I went to the msn home page and signed into my passport account
> >> >> manually
> >> >> and determined that Firefox (my default browser) was blocking my
> >> >> cookies
> >> >> for the msn.com site. I also checked IE and made sure that cookies
for
> >> >> that site are allowed but it still won't log in via Money.
> >> >>
> >> >> Running XP Sp2.
> >> >>
> >> >> Any thoughts?
> >> >>
> >> >> TIA,
> >> >> LJ
> >> >>
> >>
> >>
>


0
abcd7779 (838)
4/13/2005 3:52:10 PM
Mark,

The only thing that I did was to exit from Money for a few hours. No 
additional software or hardware was installed during that interval.

I do know that my default browser refuses to sign into Passport. It keeps 
coming back and telling me to disable cookies. They are disabled. An 
internet friend of mine experienced the same problem. I have tried setting 
IE as well as Mozilla as my default browser with no luck.

I *can* access the internet from within Money so thats not the problem. I 
think the problem is the passport sign in and perhaps a cookie problem but I 
am clueless as to which cookie and which browser to change. I get no error 
message. The program just sits there trying to sign in until I hit cancel. 
Fortunately I can download the transactions from within Money so the program 
is usable.

Laura
"Mark" <abcd@abcd.com> wrote in message 
news:425d402b$1@news.microsoft.com...
> Neil and Laura,
>
> What changed on your system, since Money was last able to update and 
> "verify
> your Passport"?
> New firewall?
> It sounds like something is blocking Money's access to the Internet. So, 
> was
> there some update or some new software added around the time that Money
> stopped updating?
>
> Have you checked out the following KB articles:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;891338
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317638
> -Mark
>
> "Laura" <invalid@sample.invalid> wrote in message
> news:kH_6e.567837$w62.278128@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
>> Hi Neil,
>>
>> This does not seem to be working for me either. I have 2 accounts that I
>> basically do your method each time I check for updates. I also go to the
>> bank's website first so I know when there are new transactions. Both
>> accounts have new transactions today according to the website. Only one 
>> of
>> them downloaded today's transactions. I'm baffled.
>>
>> Laura
>>
>> "Neil" <Neil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:C3A2D966-5242-4045-AC57-CE965D8BDFC9@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi Laura,
>> >
>> > In my situation, even though Money believes it's off-line I can still
>> > download transactions.  I go into Internet Updates and click Update 
>> > Now.
>> > This is how I've been working since Money will not download in the
>> > background.  I hope this option works for you.  It's easier then
>> > downloading
>> > and importing.
>> >
>> > I also have a CASE ID open with Microsoft Support.  I have asked for it
> to
>> > be escalated, especially since the problem appears to more widespread
> then
>> > MS
>> > wants to believe.  If I receive a resolution I will post it.
>> >
>> > Neil
>> >
>> >
>> > "Laura" wrote:
>> >
>> >> Thanks Neil. I think our only option is to manually download the
>> >> transactions from the bank site and import them into MS money.
>> >>
>> >> Another solution may be to dump MS money and switch to Quicken 2004
> which
>> >> I
>> >> also have available.
>> >>
>> >> "Neil" <Neil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> news:74843E8F-E826-4401-A907-203B10ED1422@microsoft.com...
>> >> >I too upgraded - from 2004 to 2005 Deluxe.  I was able to sign in 
>> >> >with
>> >> >my
>> >> > Passport for quite some time.  A few weeks ago the sign in process
>> >> > began
>> >> > taking almost two minutes or longer.  I then discovered that Money
> was
>> >> > not
>> >> > downloading my financial transactions in the background because 
>> >> > Money
>> >> > took
>> >> > itself off-line.  I've been working with Microsoft, but as usual,
> they
>> >> > refuse
>> >> > to think the problem could be at their end.
>> >> >
>> >> > Sorry I don't have better news, but at least you're not alone.
>> >> > Neil
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >> > "LJ" wrote:
>> >> >
>> >> >> I upgraded from 2002 to 2004 (standard) last night. It converted my
>> >> >> existing file without any problems. I was able to connect to the
> bank
>> >> >> accounts and retrieve the latest transactions. I closed Money to go
>> >> >> work
>> >> >> on something else but when I reopened Money later it won't sign 
>> >> >> into
>> >> >> my
>> >> >> passport account. Same result this morning. As a result I can't use
>> >> >> any
>> >> >> of the online services.
>> >> >>
>> >> >> I went to the msn home page and signed into my passport account
>> >> >> manually
>> >> >> and determined that Firefox (my default browser) was blocking my
>> >> >> cookies
>> >> >> for the msn.com site. I also checked IE and made sure that cookies
> for
>> >> >> that site are allowed but it still won't log in via Money.
>> >> >>
>> >> >> Running XP Sp2.
>> >> >>
>> >> >> Any thoughts?
>> >> >>
>> >> >> TIA,
>> >> >> LJ
>> >> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>>
>
> 

0
4/13/2005 4:52:58 PM
If "your default browser" refuses to sign into Passport, then that probably
explains why Money's also having problem. Is it actually telling you to
"enable" cookies? As the second article I referenced 317638 mentions, you
may need to check Internet Explorer's settings to see if they are
restricting access.

Is it a problem with a specific Passport?
Can you create a new one on http://passport.net and sign in with it?

-Mark

"Laura" <invalid@sample.invalid> wrote in message
news:K7c7e.72004$cg1.67830@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> Mark,
>
> The only thing that I did was to exit from Money for a few hours. No
> additional software or hardware was installed during that interval.
>
> I do know that my default browser refuses to sign into Passport. It keeps
> coming back and telling me to disable cookies. They are disabled. An
> internet friend of mine experienced the same problem. I have tried setting
> IE as well as Mozilla as my default browser with no luck.
>
> I *can* access the internet from within Money so thats not the problem. I
> think the problem is the passport sign in and perhaps a cookie problem but
I
> am clueless as to which cookie and which browser to change. I get no error
> message. The program just sits there trying to sign in until I hit cancel.
> Fortunately I can download the transactions from within Money so the
program
> is usable.
>
> Laura
> "Mark" <abcd@abcd.com> wrote in message
> news:425d402b$1@news.microsoft.com...
> > Neil and Laura,
> >
> > What changed on your system, since Money was last able to update and
> > "verify
> > your Passport"?
> > New firewall?
> > It sounds like something is blocking Money's access to the Internet. So,
> > was
> > there some update or some new software added around the time that Money
> > stopped updating?
> >
> > Have you checked out the following KB articles:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;891338
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317638
> > -Mark
> >
> > "Laura" <invalid@sample.invalid> wrote in message
> > news:kH_6e.567837$w62.278128@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> >> Hi Neil,
> >>
> >> This does not seem to be working for me either. I have 2 accounts that
I
> >> basically do your method each time I check for updates. I also go to
the
> >> bank's website first so I know when there are new transactions. Both
> >> accounts have new transactions today according to the website. Only one
> >> of
> >> them downloaded today's transactions. I'm baffled.
> >>
> >> Laura
> >>
> >> "Neil" <Neil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:C3A2D966-5242-4045-AC57-CE965D8BDFC9@microsoft.com...
> >> > Hi Laura,
> >> >
> >> > In my situation, even though Money believes it's off-line I can still
> >> > download transactions.  I go into Internet Updates and click Update
> >> > Now.
> >> > This is how I've been working since Money will not download in the
> >> > background.  I hope this option works for you.  It's easier then
> >> > downloading
> >> > and importing.
> >> >
> >> > I also have a CASE ID open with Microsoft Support.  I have asked for
it
> > to
> >> > be escalated, especially since the problem appears to more widespread
> > then
> >> > MS
> >> > wants to believe.  If I receive a resolution I will post it.
> >> >
> >> > Neil
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > "Laura" wrote:
> >> >
> >> >> Thanks Neil. I think our only option is to manually download the
> >> >> transactions from the bank site and import them into MS money.
> >> >>
> >> >> Another solution may be to dump MS money and switch to Quicken 2004
> > which
> >> >> I
> >> >> also have available.
> >> >>
> >> >> "Neil" <Neil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> >> news:74843E8F-E826-4401-A907-203B10ED1422@microsoft.com...
> >> >> >I too upgraded - from 2004 to 2005 Deluxe.  I was able to sign in
> >> >> >with
> >> >> >my
> >> >> > Passport for quite some time.  A few weeks ago the sign in process
> >> >> > began
> >> >> > taking almost two minutes or longer.  I then discovered that Money
> > was
> >> >> > not
> >> >> > downloading my financial transactions in the background because
> >> >> > Money
> >> >> > took
> >> >> > itself off-line.  I've been working with Microsoft, but as usual,
> > they
> >> >> > refuse
> >> >> > to think the problem could be at their end.
> >> >> >
> >> >> > Sorry I don't have better news, but at least you're not alone.
> >> >> > Neil
> >> >> >
> >> >> >
> >> >> > "LJ" wrote:
> >> >> >
> >> >> >> I upgraded from 2002 to 2004 (standard) last night. It converted
my
> >> >> >> existing file without any problems. I was able to connect to the
> > bank
> >> >> >> accounts and retrieve the latest transactions. I closed Money to
go
> >> >> >> work
> >> >> >> on something else but when I reopened Money later it won't sign
> >> >> >> into
> >> >> >> my
> >> >> >> passport account. Same result this morning. As a result I can't
use
> >> >> >> any
> >> >> >> of the online services.
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> I went to the msn home page and signed into my passport account
> >> >> >> manually
> >> >> >> and determined that Firefox (my default browser) was blocking my
> >> >> >> cookies
> >> >> >> for the msn.com site. I also checked IE and made sure that
cookies
> > for
> >> >> >> that site are allowed but it still won't log in via Money.
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> Running XP Sp2.
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> Any thoughts?
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> TIA,
> >> >> >> LJ
> >> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >>
> >
> >
>


0
abcd7779 (838)
4/13/2005 6:08:49 PM
I think I got the right cookie setting in FireFox as it now lets me sign in 
at the website. It does not help me sign into the money file when I fire up 
the program. My internet settings are at the default level and cookies are 
enabled for IE too.

I just installed money on my other computer. Copied the money file to the 
computer and after uninstalling Firefox and netscape the same thing 
happened. I am now going to try Quicken as I am tired of this notion of 
having to log into Passport in order to open up the file. Thanks for your 
help.

"Mark" <abcd@abcd.com> wrote in message 
news:425d6035$1@news.microsoft.com...
> If "your default browser" refuses to sign into Passport, then that 
> probably
> explains why Money's also having problem. Is it actually telling you to
> "enable" cookies? As the second article I referenced 317638 mentions, you
> may need to check Internet Explorer's settings to see if they are
> restricting access.
>
> Is it a problem with a specific Passport?
> Can you create a new one on http://passport.net and sign in with it?
>
> -Mark
>
> "Laura" <invalid@sample.invalid> wrote in message
> news:K7c7e.72004$cg1.67830@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
>> Mark,
>>
>> The only thing that I did was to exit from Money for a few hours. No
>> additional software or hardware was installed during that interval.
>>
>> I do know that my default browser refuses to sign into Passport. It keeps
>> coming back and telling me to disable cookies. They are disabled. An
>> internet friend of mine experienced the same problem. I have tried 
>> setting
>> IE as well as Mozilla as my default browser with no luck.
>>
>> I *can* access the internet from within Money so thats not the problem. I
>> think the problem is the passport sign in and perhaps a cookie problem 
>> but
> I
>> am clueless as to which cookie and which browser to change. I get no 
>> error
>> message. The program just sits there trying to sign in until I hit 
>> cancel.
>> Fortunately I can download the transactions from within Money so the
> program
>> is usable.
>>
>> Laura
>> "Mark" <abcd@abcd.com> wrote in message
>> news:425d402b$1@news.microsoft.com...
>> > Neil and Laura,
>> >
>> > What changed on your system, since Money was last able to update and
>> > "verify
>> > your Passport"?
>> > New firewall?
>> > It sounds like something is blocking Money's access to the Internet. 
>> > So,
>> > was
>> > there some update or some new software added around the time that Money
>> > stopped updating?
>> >
>> > Have you checked out the following KB articles:
>> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;891338
>> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317638
>> > -Mark
>> >
>> > "Laura" <invalid@sample.invalid> wrote in message
>> > news:kH_6e.567837$w62.278128@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
>> >> Hi Neil,
>> >>
>> >> This does not seem to be working for me either. I have 2 accounts that
> I
>> >> basically do your method each time I check for updates. I also go to
> the
>> >> bank's website first so I know when there are new transactions. Both
>> >> accounts have new transactions today according to the website. Only 
>> >> one
>> >> of
>> >> them downloaded today's transactions. I'm baffled.
>> >>
>> >> Laura
>> >>
>> >> "Neil" <Neil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> news:C3A2D966-5242-4045-AC57-CE965D8BDFC9@microsoft.com...
>> >> > Hi Laura,
>> >> >
>> >> > In my situation, even though Money believes it's off-line I can 
>> >> > still
>> >> > download transactions.  I go into Internet Updates and click Update
>> >> > Now.
>> >> > This is how I've been working since Money will not download in the
>> >> > background.  I hope this option works for you.  It's easier then
>> >> > downloading
>> >> > and importing.
>> >> >
>> >> > I also have a CASE ID open with Microsoft Support.  I have asked for
> it
>> > to
>> >> > be escalated, especially since the problem appears to more 
>> >> > widespread
>> > then
>> >> > MS
>> >> > wants to believe.  If I receive a resolution I will post it.
>> >> >
>> >> > Neil
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >> > "Laura" wrote:
>> >> >
>> >> >> Thanks Neil. I think our only option is to manually download the
>> >> >> transactions from the bank site and import them into MS money.
>> >> >>
>> >> >> Another solution may be to dump MS money and switch to Quicken 2004
>> > which
>> >> >> I
>> >> >> also have available.
>> >> >>
>> >> >> "Neil" <Neil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> >> news:74843E8F-E826-4401-A907-203B10ED1422@microsoft.com...
>> >> >> >I too upgraded - from 2004 to 2005 Deluxe.  I was able to sign in
>> >> >> >with
>> >> >> >my
>> >> >> > Passport for quite some time.  A few weeks ago the sign in 
>> >> >> > process
>> >> >> > began
>> >> >> > taking almost two minutes or longer.  I then discovered that 
>> >> >> > Money
>> > was
>> >> >> > not
>> >> >> > downloading my financial transactions in the background because
>> >> >> > Money
>> >> >> > took
>> >> >> > itself off-line.  I've been working with Microsoft, but as usual,
>> > they
>> >> >> > refuse
>> >> >> > to think the problem could be at their end.
>> >> >> >
>> >> >> > Sorry I don't have better news, but at least you're not alone.
>> >> >> > Neil
>> >> >> >
>> >> >> >
>> >> >> > "LJ" wrote:
>> >> >> >
>> >> >> >> I upgraded from 2002 to 2004 (standard) last night. It converted
> my
>> >> >> >> existing file without any problems. I was able to connect to the
>> > bank
>> >> >> >> accounts and retrieve the latest transactions. I closed Money to
> go
>> >> >> >> work
>> >> >> >> on something else but when I reopened Money later it won't sign
>> >> >> >> into
>> >> >> >> my
>> >> >> >> passport account. Same result this morning. As a result I can't
> use
>> >> >> >> any
>> >> >> >> of the online services.
>> >> >> >>
>> >> >> >> I went to the msn home page and signed into my passport account
>> >> >> >> manually
>> >> >> >> and determined that Firefox (my default browser) was blocking my
>> >> >> >> cookies
>> >> >> >> for the msn.com site. I also checked IE and made sure that
> cookies
>> > for
>> >> >> >> that site are allowed but it still won't log in via Money.
>> >> >> >>
>> >> >> >> Running XP Sp2.
>> >> >> >>
>> >> >> >> Any thoughts?
>> >> >> >>
>> >> >> >> TIA,
>> >> >> >> LJ
>> >> >> >>
>> >> >>
>> >> >>
>> >>
>> >
>> >
>>
>
> 

0
4/13/2005 8:14:11 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Problem to open excel file
Hi to all, I have a problem with all excel file. The user can't open all excel file when she did a double click on it. She has this error message : "cannot find the file 'c:\documents and settings\desktop\......test.xls' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct. And that all required libraries are available" Do you know what can I do to solve the issue?? regards Malcolm Your Excel file association may be lost. Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes and note the space before the / mark). You may have to en...

Excel is creating temp files Help!!!
Hi i have to files in excel, i cant figure it out, whenever i open th files, they create temp files into the same location, when i shut dow the program the temp files are left there. Is their a way to make it so temp files are not saved. Or is their a way to make it so that the creation of temp files i turned off. Thanks jaso -- greenfalco ----------------------------------------------------------------------- greenfalcon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1362 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26182 What do th...

How do I Restore old save dbx files back into OE store folder
I have some old dbx files that I saved into a folder in 'My documents' some time ago during earlier OE back ups. I now wish to re-import some of these saved dbx folders back into OE in order to assess some of these emails again. I've been looking at the wed sites 'Inside OE' and 'OE help'. But can't seem find or see the part that will give me directions on how to do this. Some of these saved dbx folders have the same names of existing folders that I'm currently using in OE. So presumably, I'm going to have to do some folder renaming or s...

Importing a Lotus file with a *.123 extension
My company uses Excel 97 and 2000 and we've received a Lotus file with a *.123 extension. Excel will not allow me to open it as it does not have the *.wk? format. I searched the web and while I found numerous people with the same problem I found no one who had the conversion answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Find someone with Lotus ver 9 or higher. Have them open the file, and save it as *.wk4 If you dont have Lotus available and want you can send it to me and I will do it for you Thanks "jim" <jimsto@gorbel.com> wrote in message news:088d01c35...

Navigation Bars
I put Navigation bars on my publisher website document. When I try to publish to a file or to the web, the Navigation Bars do not appear on the page(s). How do I resolve this?? Answer found in the web group. DavidF "Tom Snyder" <Tom Snyder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A55B689-FE9D-4E1E-9B6C-3ED571156D46@microsoft.com... >I put Navigation bars on my publisher website document. When I try to >publish > to a file or to the web, the Navigation Bars do not appear on the page(s). > How do I resolve this?? Tony, did you get an answer to this...

Money 2005 Trial Download Gone! Stuck...
I bought the download edition of money 2005, re-installed my system, but don't have the "Trial" version of Money 2005 to install/upgrade to the full paid for version (download). Now that 2006 is out that's all i can find... Am I forced to upgrade? Or is there a place I can still find this? In microsoft.public.money, Hrrglburf wrote: >I bought the download edition of money 2005, re-installed my system, >but don't have the "Trial" version of Money 2005 to install/upgrade to >the full paid for version (download). Now that 2006 is out that's all i &...

How Do I Copy My Outlook Files To My New Computer?
I exported my Outlook files from my old computer and burned them to a CD. During the export process, it asked me three times for a password. When I tried to import these files to my new computer I got "File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file." Can anyone help? Apart from the fact that Import/Export options often lead to corruption - you should use a simple pst copy - The pst needs to be on the hd and the read only flag off, before In OL attempting to open it. NB not import <aprice6@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1145746658.84...

Microsoft Money Deluxe 2004 #2
How do I install on a drive other than C? I am running Windows XP Home Edition. In microsoft.public.money, Don wrote: >How do I install on a drive other than C? I am running Windows XP Home >Edition. Early in the install process, Money has a place to click to change where the installation is to take place. If you install in a drive other than the system drive, there could be an issue. I was thinking there might be, but I don't find a reference. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/79917/en-us implies that should work. There is no problem. I have always installed Money (from M...

viewing LN emails (.nsf files) saved to CD in outlook?
I have lotus notes messages saved on CD, these are saved as .nsf files. Is there any way I can view these in Outlook? have tried various LN websites - to no avail. ...

Money 2005 Closes Abruptly
I am using Money 2005 Premium and all of a sudden everytime I perform an update now, the program closes immediately for no known reason. Any changes I made are still there when I open the program again, but I cannot execute an update now on various accounts. Any ideas or help? Thanks I figured a work around. Selecting one or two updates at a time works, but doing all accounts and investment stuff at the same time causes the program to immediately shut down. "Dig" wrote: > I am using Money 2005 Premium and all of a sudden everytime I perform an > update now, the pro...

Using XP Briefcase with money file
I put a copy of my money file into the laptop briefcase and I am able to keep them in sych for a while. For some reason I get locked out, the computer knows the file has been updated but it will not let the desk top file update the laptop file, I get the following message; "The source file can not be opened" "Check to see if the other program has the file opened, and close the file before updating the briefcase." Other files update just fine. When I get this message, I can't even drag a new copy of the Money file to my briefcase, I have to rename the file an...

Automatically Purging Transaction Logs
Hello, I am running Exchange Server 2003 and am looking for a method to aoutomatically purge transaction log files after succesful back up. Can anyone give me a good method of doing this? Thanks in advance. A successful backup automatically purges the transaction logs (if you're using Exchange-aware backup sw) -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Hunter" <Hunter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DF7D5C6-5422-4FAB-BC45-E9284E8F0CB9@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I am running Exchange Server 2003 and am looking for a ...

Help with automating file name
I have the following code that exports the below query to excell. I would like the files name to include the month and date. How would I format this? DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, "qryShopOrderSqFtShippedSummaryExport",_ acFormatXLS, "W:\Cokato\Production\ProdRoomRpt.xls" -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200708/1 Hi, Matt. > I would > like the files name to include the month and date. Uh, . . . the date _always_ includes the month, unless you're r...

Money plus Deluxe Where do I find Balance sheet and Profit and Los
I have Money Plus Deluxe ver 7.0120.1415 My new accountant asked me to print out the balance sheet (aka Assets, Liabilities, and Equity) and the Income statement (Profit and Loss) reports? Where do I find them? Does Money Plus Deluxe have them? In microsoft.public.money, bigwahoo wrote: >I have Money Plus Deluxe ver 7.0120.1415 My new accountant asked me to print >out the balance sheet (aka Assets, Liabilities, and Equity) and the Income >statement (Profit and Loss) reports? Where do I find them? Does Money Plus >Deluxe have them? Go to the Reports list, and look around. T...

Windows XP: Open file in read-only: Word, Excel, Visio
I'm often sharing files on a network drive with someone. Often, one of us knows that we don't need to open a file for modification, and we only need read-access. Is there a way to open a file in read-only mode so that when someone does need to open it for modification, the read-only user is not blocking that? If there is not a way to do this native to Windows XP, is there a way to do it from the three applications that we use most, namely Word, Excel, Visio? All are 2003 versions. Thx. I used to save files like this in "read only recommended" mode. File|SaveAs|Tools|Ge...

outlook adreddbook file
I want to export the addressbook flie into database to be uses in a quiry. is it possible and how do i do it? Outlook has no separate "address book file." Contact data is stored in your Contacts Folder Use the Export Wizard to export it to the format that best suits your needs. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Helpneeded" <derontayp@aol.com> wrote in message news:261e01c3af79$7d94e740$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I want to export the addressbook flie into database to be > uses in a quiry. is it possible and how do i do it? ...

Contact file not visible when importing or exporting contacts
I'm tidying up all my contacts files for email and also for my mobile ph using outlook. Have done this many times without any problems and am familiar with import export process. I exported all the contacts to an excel file to work on as it's much easier than through outlook. Had a hiccup at first as when I got to the select a contact file to export there was just a blank space. I exited outlook and went back in and it was all OK. Now I've finished the excel spreadhsheet and want to reimport it but it's the same problem in reverse. I can't "see" a co...

How to remove the /dde from Windows Explorer File Open on Install
I have an MDI app that I would like to open a file on a double click in Windows Explorer. Unfortunately the Explorer File Type (Tools>Folder Options... File Types tab) is set so that the command invokes dde. Ie. The "open" option under the "Advanced" button is C:\Path...\App.exe /dde and the DDE message is [open("%1")]. This never seems to work as my app never sees the dde message and the initialization of m_pCmdInfo via: m_pCmdInfo = (CCommandLineInfo*)(UINT_PTR)m_nCmdShow; sets the pointer to one and the app fails on exit. This is referred as a kn...

Force command to run for each computer in txt file list of compute
I have a few hundred computers that haven't been defragged in years. I was wondering if rather than doing it manually, if someone had a script where if i just put all the computer names in a txt file, it would iterate through the list and perform a "defrag c: -f" on them all from my workstation. The workstations all have the same local administrator password, so the process would be the same for each. I just dont know how to write scripts. I know if i were going to do this manually from my computer I would run the command below for each ComputerName psexec ...

Money 2006 Standard Settings/Preferences
Greetings All. Could anyone tell me where the setting is in Microsoft Money 2006 Standard is to stop it from putting the banks downloaded names in the list of payees? When entering a transaction in the "Pay To" list that drops down, it seems to be showing every downloaded entry name from the bank when I thought that I have my preferences set to use the user names for transactions. This is very annoying as every time lately that I have been downloading transactions and making new entries into the ledger it seems that the payee list gets longer and longer! This is what I am u...

Publisher 2003 files try to open in Publisher 97 #2
Back again, but with a different Pub 2003/Pub97 issue Have Office 2003 with Publisher 2003 and Publisher 97 both on my XP Pro system Recently I find that files created in Pub 2003 are being saved as files with the Pub 97 Logo, and when you try to open them from the file listing, they open Pub 97, which correctly posts a box telling me that it cant open the files. If I use Publisher 2003 to open the same files from within the application the work fine. When I select a 2003 Pub file which contains the Pub 97 icon, the file list does not contain Publisher 2003, but when I browse and locat...

Open excel file
Hi, I want to open excel file using a commnad button placed in a form. I have read the other questions to this to use runapplication. But, what I am looking for is as follows: i have tax database which contain the taxpayer name, taxyear and the Taxid number. I have placed this table in a form. The tax caluclations are made in excel and stored in a particular folder say named, Tax_comp and with filenames Taxpayer_year.xlsx. I want to place a command button on the form, and when the user clicks the command button, i want the particular tax payer excel tax computation file sto...

File folder info. in Excel workbook?
Good day all. Excel 2007. XP Pro. Is there a way to have all available excel files in a particular folder listed (updated in real time) in an excel spreadsheet where the user can click on one or more of them to open those files or at least retrieve specific data from them? I have a situation where files representing cost centres and each month of the year need to present data into a worksheet used for reporting purposes. So potentially 5 x 12 = 60 files. But these are only created as the months pass. so at the end of month1 there would only be the 5 files, month 2 there would be...

Can't open My Money 2000
Hello all, Version 4.90.3, Windows ME I am not sure if this is the proper newsgroup for this program, and if not, I do apologize. I have My Money 2000 on my computer, it came with the original install when I bought my computer. For some reason, I have not been able to open the program since last Sunday. I only use this for my personal check registry, and have all my records and such backed up to a floppy and a separate folder. I went to the folder that has the My Money files and tried to reinstall it by using the Setup, but, it says 'Setup could not open the file: C:\APPLZIP\MONEY\MONE...

Money 2004 did not convert Quicken 2003 H&B Invoices: Problem?
I am trialing Money 2004 Small Business. Just got it last night and installed with no problem. It grabbed my Quicken 2003 files and for the most part converted. There was some omissions in the Stock transaction area since Quicken doesn't handle Call Options, at lease without some adustments. However, I was disappointed that no Invoice file information was converted. Is this a problem or does Money not convert Quicken 2003 H&B invoice files? If Money is supposed to convert Invoice files where might have I gone wrong? TIA ---- Tom Duprex No, what you see is what you get. The ex...