Can't get out of trial version

I needed to move MS money 2006 to a new computer, but I originally
bought/downloaded the software from MS.  I don't have a key (don't remember
even getting one) and thought my passport would maybe activate it when I
downloaded the trial to my new computer.  I opened up my backup of the .mny
file and stayed in trial mode.   It didn't so have just the trial version
telling my my trial has expired.  Any thoughts?  How can I get my full
version dowload back?
0
Chris6982 (632)
1/28/2006 4:48:22 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Chris wrote:

>I needed to move MS money 2006 to a new computer, but I originally
>bought/downloaded the software from MS.  I don't have a key (don't remember
>even getting one) and thought my passport would maybe activate it when I
>downloaded the trial to my new computer.  I opened up my backup of the .mny
>file and stayed in trial mode.   It didn't so have just the trial version
>telling my my trial has expired.  Any thoughts?  How can I get my full
>version dowload back?

When the trial version of  Money 2006  uses a file with the same
Passport that you used when you bought Money, it will download the
appropriate things and adjust the version that you see in
Help->About....

See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;889930
and follow it if you want your Money file to use the same Passport
on your Money file that you used when you bought Money.

If you want something other than to do that, do something slightly
different.  Create a NEW empty file (named perhaps Temp.mny) that
you put the referenced Passport onto.  Let Money download data that
it needs.  Close Money.  Restart Money.

Confirm that Money shows the right version.  Then click on your
real Money file that is shown on the bottom of the File menu.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)

How do I get a new dongle?
Hi, How do you replace a lost dongle for retail mgt 2000 system. I spoke to Microsoft over the phone, and they didn't know!? I live in the UK THanks, You need to contact your reseller. I'm not sure what the policy is in the UK, but here in the US you would have to buy a new copy and file an insurance claim for reimbursement. A damaged dongle can be replaced for a nominal charge as long as you're on a support plan, but you have to have the original to ship back... Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com -------------------------...

Anyone know where I can get a basic market mapping template?
Anyone know where I can get a basic market mapping template? ...

PM Report error A get/change first operation on table PM_Distribut
I am getting the following error while trying to print a history report in purchasing. A get/change first operation on table PK_Distribution_WORK_OPEN' (45). Yesterday another user's system hung while posting a marked AP batch. She ended up shutting down her computer, then we recovered the batch from my station and all appeared find. I am not sure if these are related. Plesae help. ...

How do I get Publisher to accept foreign fonts
Using MSPublisher 2003 I find that I canno get publisher to accept a change in font particularly to Davka fonts Can someone advise Please Are your fonts installed in the Windows/Fonts directory? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "meirl" <meirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E4FB692-B083-45D5-9B40-00CD4E1E35BA@microsoft.com... > Using MSPublisher 2003 I find that I canno get publisher to accept a > change > in font particularly to Davka fonts Can someone advise Please > "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote: > Are y...

OWA Error 503
We're getting a "HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable" trying to run OWA on Exchange 2003. I'm desperate for help to get OWA working as it is stopping our remote workers getting email. We've run OWA happily for 2 years on Win2K and Exchange2K. I've built 2 new boxes (BEServer & FEServer) with Windows 2003 & Exchange 2003. BEServer is running inside our firewall as a back-end server. FEServer runs in the DMZ as a front-end server. This is the same configuration we had previously which worked fine with Win2K etc. BEServer is working fine on our LAN serving all ou...

Outlook 2003 Trial Version
I have Outlook 2003 Trial Version Installed but unable to Send and also Receive e-mails. Not only that, I am unable to install the Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2003. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is there a standalone trial of Outlook only? I thought it came only in the Office suite trial. 1. Is the trial still active? (xx days have not passed?) 2. Do you have your mail account installed properly? 3. What happens when you use the "Test Account Settings?" Did your version of the trial include the Business Contact Manager? It is a separate installation. ...

How do you code to get SQL Server data from ODBC Connection?
Hello, I have an Excel application that I've written that is on a local network. It retrieves SQL Server data by creating a connection using "Provider=SQLOLEDB;". It is working so well, they wanted me to create a vpn and let other offices (physically separate buildings) use the application. I've created an ODBC that accesses the data via the vpn. However, I'm not sure of the syntax to retrieve SQL Server data via an ODBC. I've been googling for awhile now. I haven't found an example of querying on a SQL Server in VBA code via ODBC. Any...

Getting Yahoo & Gmail
Is it possible to use Outlook XP to read my yahoo & gmail mail? Lady Dungeness Crabby, but the Legs are Delicious! Yes, the help pages for each of those services has instructions for setting up OL2002 with them. In Yahoo's case you might have to use their paid service. "Lady Dungeness" <LadyDungeness@DavyJonesLocker.Net> wrote in message news:08v27351mc7384c58anmm554qj4j5ap4t9@4ax.com... > Is it possible to use Outlook XP to read my yahoo & gmail mail? ...

Doc / View
I have a project that is using the MFC Doc / View archetechture. From the main menue, on File | New I've added code that starts a dialog: void CMainFrame::OnFileNew() { m_gridDlg.DoModal(); } The dialog sets two values, m_GridSizeX and m_GridSizeY in the CGridDlg class. I need to use these values in the MyprojView class. How can I retreive the values? I have tried this statement in the MyprojView.cpp file: GridSizeX = CGridDlg::m_GridSizeX; This results in the compile error: "illegal reference to data member 'CGridDlg::m_GridSizeX' in a static member function" ...

Has anyone purchased a retail version of Money Plus (2008) yet?
Following through on the title, from a B&M store? And if yes, which store? Since spotting Money Plus Premium 2008 on Costco's website at the very nice price of $40, I thought I'd wait until the release date and pick it up at a Costco B&M warehouse. So last week at a local Costco, I asked if it will be available in store, and they said no. Called a different warehouse today, and got the same answer, but with a more detailed explanation. They said "it's not showing in our inventory system for the store". The further explanation was an item shows up in thei...

how do I get notes on my iphone?
"margeris" <margeris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:186B87B6-90E4-443B-9034-7C7D55B30177@microsoft.com... <nothing> Your iPhone sync software must support their transfer. Outlook is passive in the sync process. There are no settings within Outlook that control the sync process. It's all up to the sync software. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] AFAIK, you can't, but try Apple's iPhone forum for Mail, Calendar and Contact issues at http://discussions.apple.com/forum.jspa?forumID=1144 They all use iphones and most use outlook with it...

How to get the number of hits for each item in a SharePoint List
I know how to get the total amount of hits for a list. Is there a way to get the amount of hits per item/entry in a list? If so, how? Thank you. ------=_NextPart_0001_C3E301ED Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit You can try this from codeplex, http://hitcounter.codeplex.com/ Harish K ------=_NextPart_0001_C3E301ED Content-Type: text/x-rtf Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}} \viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 You can try this from codeplex, \par \par http://hitcoun...

BUGS ! or how to return soft to Microsoft and get full refund
Tried to tell Microsoft about these BUGS for TWO! years now - still no solution. I am prepared to bet $10 these bugs will be there in Money 2005. If any of you want to return Money 2004/2005 to microsoft and ger refund call them about bugs below Bug #1. When you enter purchase transaction for a bond you input "accrued interest" (lets say $100). This accrued interest is not used in any returns/tax calculations. So if you sell this bond (with increased accrued interest) or have coupon payment (lets say $400) Money will show income of $400 !!! It should show $400-$100=$300 B...

how do I get mail to auto download to computer?
I have downloaded the new version 7 internet explorer with the new outlook. WOW now my mail does not download automaticly when I open up outlook. There is probably something simple that I am overlooking but please someone help me so I can retrieve my mail. Thank you myheart <myheart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have downloaded the new version 7 internet explorer with the new > outlook. I don't quite understand this because the new IE7 and Outlook are completely indepentdent of each other and Outlook does not "download the IE7". -- Brian Tillman ...

Re. Not getting mail from BT
For a long while now it appears that I am not getting any mail coming through. Why is this happening, I have had success in sending but nothing returns? What happens when you send an email to yourself? Are the missing emails present in your webmail inbox? --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "Charles" <Charles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:D8D2B839-3E32-4F49-BFCE-3F8FDDF24B24@microsoft.com... > For a long while now it appears that I am not getting any mail comi...

How can I get =Clean and =Proper Case to run on all cells in a col
I have 3 columns (K, L, M) that we paste text into from other soucres. The text that's pasted is sometime all caps, hence the reason for the "Proper Case" Function and additionally the pasted text contains hard returns that need to be remove so that it reads correctly, hence the "Clean" function. I would like for this to happen as soon as the text is pasted into the cell. Thanks for your help in advance, Coyote ...

loaded ms office for 60 day trial but cant find and or open
cant find icon or program on desktop or anywhere else - can anyone help After you downloaded Office ,did you take that file and then install it? Did you take note as to where it installled the files -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. http://www.microsoft.com/protect "netzach" <netzach@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F163923-0A12-4E59-A948-A2FC99E1AF1B@microsoft.com... > cant find icon or program on desktop or anywhere else - can anyone help ...

Deleted everything in My Personal Floder, How can I get it Back?
I have Outlook Office Professional 2007. I just deleted everything that I had stored under My Personal folders, innadvertedly, even to the point that I do not see any thing stored in the Delete Folder that I can restore. How can I get it back? From your backup, of course. Anyone who doesn't back up their Outlook data should expect to lose it permanently if they empty their Deleted Items folder. How many diapers do you need? -- Russ Valentine "Octavio" <inquirer@inquirer.com> wrote in message news:eUNzMjGdKHA.2188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have ...

version info
Hello, How does an app get its own version info? Thanks "Ian Lazarus" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:ZJddf.46256$qk4.31290@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... > Hello, > How does an app get its own version info? > Thanks > I use the following for version info on my about boxes, (don't forget to link to version.lib and include windows.h or winver.h)... BOOL CAboutDlg::OnInitDialog() { CDialog::OnInitDialog(); m_strTitleVersion.LoadString( AFX_IDS_APP_TITLE ); DWORD dwDummy= 0; DWORD dwLen= ::GetFileVersionInfoSize( _T("GenMAC.exe")...

code to get file attributes
Am looking for some code (would prefer API calls over FileSystem object) to allow me to get the size, date created, data modified, and any other available attributes for a file that I know name and path of. Anybody know where I can find some examples? ---- Dale "Dale Fye" <dale.fye@nospam.com> wrote in message news:BABBE503-E044-4224-8E6C-DAB73C9B578C@microsoft.com... > Am looking for some code (would prefer API calls over FileSystem object) > to > allow me to get the size, date created, data modified, and any other > available attributes for a f...

Get drive letter for old slave hard drive while keeping data
Hello, My master hard disk has failed and I have successfully replaced it with a new one and reinstalled windows XP etc. Before the crash I had a second slave drive with some data I would like to keep on it. When I connect this drive, it shows up in disk management, but does not get assigned a drive letter. How can I get windows to assign a drive letter to the drive without formatting it and losing all of my data? Both drives are IDE drives, the master is jumpered to cable select and is on the master cable, the slave seems to have lost its jumper, or never had one, but sh...

Get Mallika Sherawath Bathing Videos in all Angles
Get Mallika Sherawath Bathing Videos At http://blogcreationandhosting.blogspot.com/2009/11/play-with-internet.html < Due to some issues,I have hidden these videos inside an image.In that website , click on the big vertical Image on right side of website & get the videos, Enjoy it > ...

MS Office 2007 trial
I downloaded a MS Office 2007 trial, but it says that it expired in 2002. I may need to buy MS Excel for one spreadsheet, so the trial was an ideal way to test that theory. However, it refuses to run because it thinks that it expired on 31st Dec 2002 (five years earlier than the 2007 date of the software!) I've put the screenshots at http://steve-parker.org/urandom/comment.php?title=Microsoft+Office+2007+trial+-+expires+2002&art=844 "steveparker" <steveparker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4C9E4C54-4DDB-410B-8B19-58333575EB9D@micr...

Getting started #2
I would like to use Outlook with my gmail account and am having trouble getting connected. I need instructions on how to do this and how to receive and send mail. I am using Outlook 2002. Using Google's Help files does a wonderful job - try it the next time you need help with gmail: http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13276&query=outlook%202002&topic=&type=f&ctx=search --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After...

GETTING RID OF FAX #'s
When I go to send an email in Outlook 2003 all my contacts with fax numbers show up too. How do I configure outlook 2003 to only show me email address and NOT fax numbers when I click on the "to" or "cc" buttons to get to my contacts? Thanks in advance for your help! John Kaputnik You can do this by placing a letter in front of the faxnummer. You can also use an add-in for this that will do it automatically and you toggle to hide/unhide http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Hide-Fax-Numbers.asp?Source=RS If you decide to order use "BH93RF24" to get a discoun...