Can't download bank statement to Money

I've not had this problem until today.  No bank data is
getting downloaded to MONEY and I don't know if it's the
program issue or if there is any virus going on to affect
this.  Thanks for your help.
0
anonymous (74722)
7/3/2004 10:15:46 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Without more information from you, I can only tell you that I've not had any
problems downloading bank data.  Some useful information would be the bank
you are using, the version of Money, and the error you are receiving.  If
you don't get an error, you may not have any transactions to download at
this time.

"Hannah" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've not had this problem until today.  No bank data is
> getting downloaded to MONEY and I don't know if it's the
> program issue or if there is any virus going on to affect
> this.  Thanks for your help.

0
bjclarinet (489)
7/6/2004 2:31:45 PM
First, try to setup in a new file and see if you can connect and download
statements there.  If you can, you may just need to disable and re-enable
the online services in the original file.  I don't have a Discover account,
so can't confirm whether or not there are any issues going on.

"Stumped-need help" <Stumpedneedhelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:0792AFA3-6A70-4889-8436-E65BEA1B0CB3@microsoft.com...
> If anyone has an answer I'd love to hear it.  I'm running Money 2001 wth
no plans to upgrade-no time limits for online quotes, able to mange
investments, etc.  Anyway, I can no longer download transactions from
Discover either.  I contacted Discover and they indicate that Money is
connecting, but the Money Response is during is the download: " Download
Complete-processing Data."  Once completed I get the error Message: "Your
request to get statements for Discover failed.  Please try your call again.
If you see this message again, call the customer support number for your
financial institution, listed in the Contact Information place in the online
area.  More Details:  I'm sorry, the system is unavailable right now, please
try again later."

> In talking to Discover, their system show the transaction complete and
transactions downloaded.

> Where is the disconnect?
>
> "Hannah" wrote:
>
> > I've not had this problem until today.  No bank data is
> > getting downloaded to MONEY and I don't know if it's the
> > program issue or if there is any virus going on to affect
> > this.  Thanks for your help.

0
bjclarinet (489)
7/8/2004 8:46:31 PM
I too am having problems downloading statement from my Credit Union.  After hitting the "export" key, I get a window that shows the file being transferred but the transfer is never completed.  The download appears to be stuck because the window stays open showing the file moving from one file to another.  Does anyone have a solution?

--
Meatball Express

"Bonnie Synhorst -- MVP" wrote:

> First, try to setup in a new file and see if you can connect and download
> statements there.  If you can, you may just need to disable and re-enable
> the online services in the original file.  I don't have a Discover account,
> so can't confirm whether or not there are any issues going on.
>
> "Stumped-need help" <Stumpedneedhelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:0792AFA3-6A70-4889-8436-E65BEA1B0CB3@microsoft.com...
> > If anyone has an answer I'd love to hear it.  I'm running Money 2001 wth
> no plans to upgrade-no time limits for online quotes, able to mange
> investments, etc.  Anyway, I can no longer download transactions from
> Discover either.  I contacted Discover and they indicate that Money is
> connecting, but the Money Response is during is the download: " Download
> Complete-processing Data."  Once completed I get the error Message: "Your
> request to get statements for Discover failed.  Please try your call again.
> If you see this message again, call the customer support number for your
> financial institution, listed in the Contact Information place in the online
> area.  More Details:  I'm sorry, the system is unavailable right now, please
> try again later."
> >
> > In talking to Discover, their system show the transaction complete and
> transactions downloaded.
> >
> > Where is the disconnect?
> >
> > "Hannah" wrote:
> >
> > > I've not had this problem until today.  No bank data is
> > > getting downloaded to MONEY and I don't know if it's the
> > > program issue or if there is any virus going on to affect
> > > this.  Thanks for your help.

Help!  I just tried again to download my bank statements to Money 2001.  This time the window that shows the data being transferred did not even appear and the data did not transfer.
--
Meatball Express

"Hannah" wrote:

> I've not had this problem until today.  No bank data is
> getting downloaded to MONEY and I don't know if it's the
> program issue or if there is any virus going on to affect
> this.  Thanks for your help.

Money 2002
After going online to download account activity, Money tried to match two transactions (from two different payees and two different amounts). I thought I had differentiated that they were two separate transactions. Now everytime I receive an online transacation from this payee (Rite Aid) Money always assigns it to the other (incorrect) payee. How can I get this back on track. -- Brose (tired, busted, disgusted, and can't be trusted) In microsoft.public.money, "Brose" <aprice1215@adelphia.net.(donotspam)> wrote: >After going online to download account activity,...

US Data File in UK Money
If I have Money data in a US-verion (2004) data file, and then buy the latest UK version will I be able to open my old US-version data file in it? If not, will the data export and import from one to the other as I don't want to have to re-input hundreds of items. Thanks In microsoft.public.money, "Keith" <@.> wrote: >If I have Money data in a US-verion (2004) data file, and then buy the >latest UK version will I be able to open my old US-version data file in it? > >If not, will the data export and import from one to the other as I don't >want t...

Date Range on Report in Money 2003
I have a favorite report in Money 2003 which lists scheduled payments within a range of dates. My file was upgraded from Money 2000. I used to have the problem of the report omitting many of the scheduled transactions within the date range. That was fixed by running the Salvage program. Now the problem is the other way around: the report shows transactions BEYOND the date range, as well as those within. Is there a fix for that? I still have the Salvage program. :-) Thanks, Elliott ...

How do I download emails to outlook witout deleting them from serv
How do I download emails to outlook witout deleting them from the server...? What version of Outlook do you have? What sort of mail account? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "rhrinestone" <rhrinestone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7E8E71F-CA4D-49A3-8561-80F35C085949@microsoft.com... > How do I download emails to outlook witout deleting them from the server...? Tools, accounts, mail, properties, advanced, check leave on server, delete after deleting from th...

Money 2005 Update #5
How do I stop the "Update now" screen from popping up everytime I start MSM2005. I do not use the online banking function it wants me to upgrade to and have no interest in it. I am running Windows XP. Thanks Bill ...

Money 2005
Option to start statement download when the program starts does not work. I have to manually click the circle with the arrows button. What is wrong with the setup? I think this may be a WinXP issue... I was using Money 2005 with Win98SE and automatic updates worked (or at least happened) but recently upgraded to WinXP SP2 and now I too have to manually click the "Update Now" option... I have also noticed that some settings do not get saved between Money sessions... for example, the Update Status Dialog that has the "Hide this window during update" checkbox... well...

Money downloads fm bank
When downloading my checking account information into MSMoney 2003, All of the "pay to"'s on the downloaded checks read the same (i.e. one time it may be to my insurance company and the next time to my gas credit card) How can I correct this so the proper "pay to" shows up in the downloaded data? Any help is greatly appreciated. T.O.M. What has happened is that the bank is downloading some common header, like "Check", and you have a payee rule that says "check goes to [this user]. Go to your payee rules and find where you had that set and clear i...

Quicken/Money into Excel
Can I import a Quicken or Money file into Excel? ...

Invoice or Statement with return stubs
We will be implementing lock box processing shortly, and so I want our customers to return a stub with every invoice or statement payment to clarify activity for the lock box preocessor. I've poked areound in the reports library and I haven't seen any report defs that say they have stubs. Seems like this isn't an odd need. Am I missing something, or do I need to build my own reports? tia Cindy You may be able to modify the report to include stubs, but it wont be very easy in RW. Your best bet would be to use Crystal, which could include an invoice on top and a summary on...

Money matched wrong payee to transaction
I just discovered that my Money 2007 Deluxe has recorded the wrong payee with a downloaded transaction. I went in to the register and changed the payee in the downloaded transaction to the correct one shown in my online banking screen, and then manually entered another transaction in Money's register to show a cleared transaction for the payee that was wrongly matched. Why did this happen, and is there a better way to fix the problem? In microsoft.public.money, kavman wrote: >I just discovered that my Money 2007 Deluxe has recorded the wrong >payee with a downloaded transaction. ...

Unwanted ToolBar from Downloaded File
Please Help! I downloaded an Excel workbook which had a custom toolbar. Now whenever I open an Excel workbook (blank or previously saved), the tool bar is visible and it's accompanying VBA code can be viewed in the VBA Editor. Unclicking this tool bar will shut it off for the immediate session, but when the next excel file is opened, THERE IT IS AGAIN! How do I get rid of it? Open the VB Editor and look in This Workbook for Application.Toolbars ("YourToolbar").Visible=True Change the True to False -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays &q...

Help with If and Then statement
I have a form based on a query which is itself based on 2 tables tbllevy and tblindividual. The form has a control, txtpaidbybusiness, whose control source is a YES/NO field in tbllevy with the same name. The form has another control whose source is txtbusinessname in tbllevy. If txtpaidbybusiness is YES I want to populate the control txtbusinessname with the value of the field with the same name from tblindividual. The two tables are linked in the query by txtmemnumber.tblindividual and txtmemnbr.tbllevy Can someone help with the If Then statement I need to put in the AfterUpdate event...

Microsoft Money 2004 Standard
OS: Windows XP Pro SP1a Microsoft Money Version: 2004 Money file: New (didn't bother importing 2003 file yet). Fresh clean reformat of Windows XP. Purchased Microsoft Money 2004 on Saturday and installed it onto my new install of Windows XP. Flawless. Set up bills etc in Money 2004 as well as accounts. Beautiful. Found a neat feature that I never noticed in my Microsoft Money 2003 Business and Deluxe version, which is the ability to use direct connect through my financial institution, Summit Credit Union. I set up this feature in money, logged on using my password and user id. Statement...

where can i download state of illinois map for excel 97?
Trying to map sales data by zipcode in the Chicagoland area using MapPoint built-in to Office97. Have done extensive google searches. By default, zooming default USA map to max 1000% does not provide enough detail. Any help would be very appreciated! ...

Money 04 #4
My Win XP COMPLETLY CRASHED with a nasty virus. I did not how to recover from it. I bought a new hard drive and reinstalled XP, starting from scratch. I have my old hard drive set up as a slave and can access files from it. I cannot open Money from the old drive, XP is fried. How can I get my Money file from this old drive, set up as a slave, into my new drive and Money file. Where do I find it on the old drive? In microsoft.public.money, Gary wrote: >My Win XP COMPLETLY CRASHED with a nasty virus. I did not how to recover from >it. I bought a new hard drive and reinstalled XP, s...

Money 2005 success
I installed Money 2005 in a vmware session so I could test a conversion of my Money 2004 file. This file was 23MB in size and contains ~10 years of data. Everything converted fine. All the balances are correct. Even my stock account (Ameritrade) and 401K accounts are ok. The Bills/Deposits section is all correct. No old, deleted items magically reappared. None of the frequencies changed. I was able to download all my statements just as before (well except for Ameritrade but that doesn't work in Money 2004 right now either). I didn't have to assign my NET account to the Mo...

Due date VS processing date in Money '06
This is really bothering me. In my previous version, when I entered a due date for an epay, my register showed that date. It didn't remind me that I need to have XXX dollars in my account on due date - 4 and then change the date in my register to due date - 4. I want my register to show the due date I entered. I have enough sense to know I need money in my account. How can I change this? The check box about using processing date instead of entered date is NOT checked. Did my upgrade magically switch me to a bill payment service that is actually drafting my account early and pu...

MS Money (Canadian) downloaded transactions disapear
Hi, I have a strange problem with MS Money 2004 (Canadian). On some accounts when I download statements from banks, they just disapear. When I setup MS Money at first, I downloaded latest transactions without any problems and then deleted all transactions from previous years. After that I noticed that some accounts still works OK with online download, but some of them dont. Anyone has this problem? How would you fix that? Thanks, In microsoft.public.money, Nobody wrote: > >I have a strange problem with MS Money 2004 (Canadian). On some accounts >when I download statements from b...

Money and PocketPC 2002
I am currently using Money 2003 (French version) on my laptop and would like to synchronize with Money PocketPC 2002 (English Version). As-of-today, it does not seem that both versions are compatible (why?). Any solutions for me??? Thanks in advance for your help. Mario This is a common question, also for desktop versions. The regionalised versions of Money are very very different although the user interface may look the same. What actually happens is that each version has to be customised for local tax laws and all fiscal rules, so it is not surprising that they will not interwork. ...

Importing Invoices in QIF to Microsoft Money
I can create QIF from my data, but is there a support from any version of Microsoft Money to import Invoices in QIF format or another format, where is information about: Customer, Invoice No., Date, Project name, Item, Quantity? Eventually specify that item was paid and then to which account. Thank you Yanno ...

Quicken 2002 to Money 2005
Now that Intuit is dropping download capabilities as of April 10, 2005, there are probably lots of people like me from the Quicken world wanting to look at Money. I've read the many reviews on posts about how horrible Money 2005 is, and of course Quicken 2005 has many, many complaints too. Has anyone succesfully converted a large Quicken file with several years of banking, investment, and credit card transactions from Quicken 2002 to Money 2005? I tried converting Q2002 to Money 2004 last year and it was a disaster. I stayed with Q2002. Like many others, I have to do something if I wan...

Money 2005 does not open or restore my files
Used Money 2004 several years on XP. Installed Vista Business last week. The only Money setup disk I have is 2005 Standard. Installed it and got the updates. Set up an account named (mybank)Banking that shows $0 balance. When I try to open .mny file from Money, the program sends me to the sign-in window. The fields in the sign-in window are auto-filled. It does not matter whether I check the Work Offline field or not, the same thing happens. There is a brief glimpse of a progress popup, then it goes right back to the Sign-in window. If I ask Money to find all backups, it comes up with...

Dallas Banks supported by Money
I'm in Dallas and Compass Bank has gotten ridiculous with their fees. Friends have told me about their banks, but I want one that I can automatically download my transactions within Money. I don't want one I would have to connect to their website and click a file to download. Any recommendations for banks that you are actually happy with?? Is Wachovia in Dallas? It's a good bank for me. I live in Florida. There are plenty of ATMs. Regular banking and online banking is free with reasonable minimum balances. I think online banking may be free, period. Interest rates aren&...

error when downloading from hotmail
when i try to send or receive hotmail e-mails i get the following error messages: Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCC19) : 'A timeout occurred while communicating with the server.' Task 'Hotmail - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC19) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the server.' Hi, Goto Sart --> Run --> type in Msconfig Then select the option of Selective Startup Then uncheck the two options : Load Startup Items and Load system services. Then restart the system and see if the pr...

Try this. 100% money! It honestly works. Trust me!