can't convert previous version of money file?

I was running Money 2000 for a years and, now I'd like to
run Money 2003 with my old data(file), but I can't. Reason
for that is when I open Money 20003 and try to upgrade or
convert a file, Money is giving me an error;
"File was created in incompatible version,can't open money
file".I don't wan't to start all over again.with entering
my data.
Is that a bug in a program or some trick to conver a file?
Please let me know.

Thanks

money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Boris wrote:

>I was running Money 2000 for a years and, now I'd like to
>run Money 2003 with my old data(file), but I can't. Reason
>for that is when I open Money 20003 and try to upgrade or
>convert a file, Money is giving me an error;
>"File was created in incompatible version,can't open money
>file".I don't wan't to start all over again.with entering
>my data.
>Is that a bug in a program or some trick to conver a file?
>Please let me know.

Money cannot open a version localized for another country.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;197668
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;178830
Get a later version for the original country, or consider QIF
export/import.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
9/23/2003 3:55:25 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Boris wrote:

>I was running Money 2000 for a years and, now I'd like to
>run Money 2003 with my old data(file), but I can't. Reason
>for that is when I open Money 20003 and try to upgrade or
>convert a file, Money is giving me an error;
>"File was created in incompatible version,can't open money
>file".I don't wan't to start all over again.with entering
>my data.
>Is that a bug in a program or some trick to conver a file?
>Please let me know.

Oops. I didn't realize you were from Canada.

After Money 2000 there is no Deluxe Canadian version. Money Standard
senses your regional settings and expects to work with a Canadian or
US file accordingly. So the mode changes as if you had a wholly
different version. You may be able to convert your file by changing
the regional settings. Sorry.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
9/23/2003 3:59:03 PM
If you make these changes and then set them back after the conversion
process, what will the impact be on the program?

Paul

In microsoft.public.money, pe wrote:

>If you make these changes and then set them back after the conversion
>process, what will the impact be on the program?

I haven't tried it, but I think Money will not be able to read the
converted file with the changed settings. If you experiment, use a
copy of your file.

>Paul
>"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message
>> In microsoft.public.money, Boris wrote:
>>
>> >I was running Money 2000 for a years and, now I'd like to
>> >run Money 2003 with my old data(file), but I can't. Reason
>> >for that is when I open Money 20003 and try to upgrade or
>> >convert a file, Money is giving me an error;
>> >"File was created in incompatible version,can't open money
>> >file".I don't wan't to start all over again.with entering
>> >my data.
>> >Is that a bug in a program or some trick to conver a file?
>> >Please let me know.
>>
>> Oops. I didn't realize you were from Canada.
>>
>> After Money 2000 there is no Deluxe Canadian version. Money Standard
>> senses your regional settings and expects to work with a Canadian or
>> US file accordingly. So the mode changes as if you had a wholly
>> different version. You may be able to convert your file by changing
>> the regional settings. Sorry.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
9/23/2003 10:45:03 PM
Cal,

Well the point is, I haven't upgraded yet.  If I choose to leave my system
set to American settings, then I'm sort of 'screwed' by the sounds of it.

As a developer, I can appreciate the idea of letting the program be
chameleon-like in adapting to its surroundings, <g>, but as a user of the
program, this suddenly dictates how I must use my computer, and that just
doesn't cut it for me.

So, it sounds like there's no point in upgrading.  (I'm willing to be
convinced otherwise)

Paul

> In microsoft.public.money, pe wrote:
>
> >If you make these changes and then set them back after the conversion
> >process, what will the impact be on the program?
>
> I haven't tried it, but I think Money will not be able to read the
> converted file with the changed settings. If you experiment, use a
> copy of your file.
>

> >Paul
> >"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message

> >> Oops. I didn't realize you were from Canada.
> >>
> >> After Money 2000 there is no Deluxe Canadian version. Money Standard
> >> senses your regional settings and expects to work with a Canadian or
> >> US file accordingly. So the mode changes as if you had a wholly
> >> different version. You may be able to convert your file by changing
> >> the regional settings. Sorry.

Is my last question invalid for some reason?

Paul
> In microsoft.public.money, pe wrote:
>
> >If you make these changes and then set them back after the conversion
> >process, what will the impact be on the program?
>
> I haven't tried it, but I think Money will not be able to read the
> converted file with the changed settings. If you experiment, use a
> copy of your file.
>

> >Paul
> >"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message

> >> Oops. I didn't realize you were from Canada.
> >>
> >> After Money 2000 there is no Deluxe Canadian version. Money Standard
> >> senses your regional settings and expects to work with a Canadian or
> >> US file accordingly. So the mode changes as if you had a wholly
> >> different version. You may be able to convert your file by changing
> >> the regional settings. Sorry.

In microsoft.public.money, pe wrote:

>Is my last question invalid for some reason?

What question was that?

> In microsoft.public.money, pe wrote:
>
> >Is my last question invalid for some reason?
>
> What question was that?

Cal,

Well the point is, I haven't upgraded yet.  If I choose to leave my system
set to American settings, then I'm sort of 'screwed' by the sounds of it.

As a developer, I can appreciate the idea of letting the program be
chameleon-like in adapting to its surroundings, <g>, but as a user of the
program, this suddenly dictates how I must use my computer, and that just
doesn't cut it for me.

So, it sounds like there's no point in upgrading.  (I'm willing to be
convinced otherwise)

Paul

> In microsoft.public.money, pe wrote:
>
> >If you make these changes and then set them back after the conversion
> >process, what will the impact be on the program?
>
> I haven't tried it, but I think Money will not be able to read the
> converted file with the changed settings. If you experiment, use a
> copy of your file.
>

> >Paul

> >"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message

> >> Oops. I didn't realize you were from Canada.
> >>
> >> After Money 2000 there is no Deluxe Canadian version. Money Standard
> >> senses your regional settings and expects to work with a Canadian or
> >> US file accordingly. So the mode changes as if you had a wholly
> >> different version. You may be able to convert your file by changing
> >> the regional settings. Sorry.

Corupt excel file ???
I have a excel file that seems to want to open, but then when it is done opening, There is no data or blank sheet. It goes though the possess and say's at the bottom ready opening but then there is nothing and the screen look's like I just opened Excel but no spread sheet. I then can go to file open another sheet and it works. (Not the one I wont) any body help. of coarse we don�t have a backup??? Email: bhogan@emediaofli.com --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ First, check to see if the file is actually loaded. Click on Window and see if it appears at the bottom o...

Recover emails from a broken PST file.
Hi, I am putting this request in from a friend who has the following issue: I would like to know if anyone has access to the draft of the .pst specification/standard that Microsoft has promised to release early next year. I need this so that I can recover emails from a broken pst file. This file cannot be recovered with scanpst or linux tools such as those within the libpff library nor libpst. This file was carved out from a disk and perhaps not chained properly - i.e., may be not complete or contain improper clusters. I receive multiple errors in regards to wrong checksum as well...

I have an older version 98 file and would like to open with P-2000
I have a file that was sent to me that I think was saved with Publisher 98 and I am using Publisher 2000, how can I open this file to view it? Thank you for your help Publisher 2000 will open 98 Publisher files. Your sender probably has sent you a 2002 or 03 file. Have your sender save the file as 98 and re-send. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Sabrina" <Sabrina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F1D557A-0650-4F91-80C5-783F8853676F@microsoft.com... >I have a file that was sent to m...

Money Plus Annual Update?
There was an article over the weekend in the Cleveland, OH newspaper that reviewed the financial software offerings and said that there would be no further annual updated from Microsoft Money, thus Money + is that last version. Is this correct? Has Microsoft abandoned us? We noticed that our version of Money+ was purchased in August, 2007 but apparently nothing since. There will not be a "formal" annual version but around the time of update timeouts I expect to see what I will call from want of a better description, Service Packs. So if there is any added functionality then...

How to generate XML file as follow, using XmlDocument
Hello, I have to generate XML file as follow, using XmlDocument. <Company> < Employee EID=3D=94111=94 Description=3D=94 xyz=94> <Dept DeptNo=3D=94D10=94> <FirstName> Abhijit </FirstName> <LastName> Babar </LastName> </Dept> <Dept DeptNo=3D=94D20=94> <FirstName> Sahine </FirstName> <LastName> Ghavane </LastName> </Dept> </Employee> < Employee EID=3D=94222=94 Description=3D=94 abc=94> <Dept DeptNo=3D=94D10=94> <FirstName> Swapnil </FirstName> ...

Money 04 Trended Items
Anyone know if / how it is possible to either disable, or reset the "trended items" in Microsoft Money 2004?? It is very frustrating, I know the program would work if I could clear out all the old numbers from previous income and such. Please help. You must be talking about trended items in the cash flow forecast? IIRC from M04, there is a "Customize Cash Flow" link--left side of page--that allows you to exclude trended items. "GoodTrouble" <GoodTrouble@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50A34ECA-63D9-4E18-9AB3-8D4C59F49F79@microsoft...

Read Online Statement -- All the Time in Money 2006?
I just upgraded to Money 2006 from the '04 edition. It appears that it always wants me to "Read Online Statement" for all of my investment accounts, even though there's been no actual transactions in the funds. I think all that's changed is the price of the fund or stock for the day. I don't think earlier versions worked this way, and it seems odd that it asks mne to Read the Online Statement after doing nothing than grabbing the day's latest prices. Is this what everyone is experiencing, and am I the only way to find this odd? Thanks, Paul Pinella Radar Media G...

Update Prices Online... not updating stock prices
Hi all, I just upgraded from Money 2002 to Money 2004. In Money 2004 when I do a "Update prices Online" to update the prices of my stocks, this task runs to completion with out error but the actual stock prices are not updated. The "Read Call Summary Messages" for this task said it completed successfully. I even tried turning off my firewall. I went to "Update prices manually" and there was no new entries/prices for any of the stock. I verified my stocks still have the correct stock symbol listed. I also selected "Pick Quotes to Download" and...

In excel when inputting dates 10/4/04 (10/april/04) data converts.
In excel when inputting dates 10/4/04 (10/April/2004) excel converts this to 4/10/04 (4/October/2004) Where can I change the input characteristics. I have changed the date format to English (UK) and this works when I input the date in the American format mm/dd/yy but I want to input in the dd/mm/yy format I think I'd try chaning my windows regional settings. In win98, I'd get to it via: Windows start button|Settings|control Panel|regional settings applet Date Tab Change the short date format to dd/mm/yyyy (I like 4 digit dates--you don't have to use that part--but put it in d...

Money Sunset Product
Hi all, this is the first I've heard of this product. Will it convert Money 2004, or 2005 files? If not, is there a workaround available? Regards. Also, which version should I download? "rustyfender04" <rustyfender04@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OKo%23M%23yCLHA.4308@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi all, this is the first I've heard of this product. > > Will it convert Money 2004, or 2005 files? > > If not, is there a workaround available? > > Regards. > Provided you M03/4/5 file is US locale, then it should c...

Database Files Directory
Hello everyone, I have created a database and everything is working fine. I just would like to access directory contents and displayed then in a form. For example I have records that I have saved/scan to a particular directory now I would like to see then on the bottom of the form. Can someone help me with this. Thanks in advance, JM See: List files recursively - List files in a folder and subfolders at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-59.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than...

Converting From ADO.Net XML to ADO problem
Using the method described in Microsofts Knowledge Base article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316337 to convert an XML file created by a DataSet into an XML file read by ADO. This seems pretty straight forward and the ADO recordset *opens* without error, however it's quite empty. Any attempt to use it (e.g. MoveFirst or RecordCount) causes an E_FAIL error. The translated XML file has lots of data when viewed with a browser. The code is below... DataSet ds = new DataSet(); try { SqlDataAdapter da = new SqlDataAdapter("SELECT * FROM MyTable", SqlCo...

Publisher installer runs when I try to open a pdf file
I have installed and are successfully running Publisher 2003. I also have Adobe Acrobat 6.0 installed. When I try to open a pdf file, the Publisher installer runs and is trying to reinstall publisher. Any ideas? Thanks -- LS Do you have all the updates for Publisher? Office has two service packs. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/Browse.aspx?displaylang=en&productID=4289AE77-4CBA-4A75-86F3-9FF96F68E491 Have you updated Acrobat to 6.0.4? http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=1&platform=Windows Have you tried a detect and repair on both these products? --...

US Bank
I have a US Bank credit card, and do not use any other US Bank services, no checking, no savings, no etc. The last time I checked they wanted to charge $3.99 per month to just sync with one of their credit cards. Does anyone know if this is still the case? The explanation on their website is vague, as it has been for years, and you have to call in to ask. ...

Money 2007 won't accept Win Live ID
Money 2007 on Vista. It asks for my Windows LIve ID and I've tried three of them. To all of them it says "Your signin info could not be verified. "Go On line and then try to sign in." I'm not sure what the "go on line means, but I closed Money and singed in at several places then tried again and I get the same error message. TIA, CH If you have Money 2007 edition, and you cannot sign in with your correct passport or now called Windows Live address in addition to what is in the MSKB that addresses this: 1) Turn off your Firewall--this is a 2007 specif...

maintenance plan log files
hi, After I moved sqlagent logs to another drive (Right click Error Logs - > Configure -> change path), I found the Maintenance plans logs can't be generated any more. The job itseld on the job history runs successfully but if I right click maintenance plan-> view history-> show steps and I will see the red error: "Access to the path 'C:\ \Program Files\\Microsoft SQL Server\\MSSQL.1\\MSSQL\\LOG\ \Log_Backup_Subplan_1_20100301134505.txt' is denied." The path shows the old one. So it seems that I need to change the Maintenance plan log file location ...

How do you convert or copy your dbx files to pst files

File SaveAs
I perform a file save as in the workbook but when I do this I the original file is no longer open. This causes me to manully reopen the original file. I would like the original file to remain open even during or after the new workbook is created. Any ideas....thank you. My current code is below: ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="WHLS Oversight Rpt " & Format(Date, "mmddyy") & ".xls", FileFormat:=xlExcel8, _ Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, _ CreateBackup:=False Ap...

Movie Maker file with Nero
can I use a movie make filer to burn a dvd using Nero. If so, how? -- Charlie Charlie wrote: > can I use a movie make filer to burn a dvd using Nero. If > so, how? ========================================= I guess you know this is off topic for this newsgroup? Anyway...I saved the following info from a previous message..it might be worth a try. ===== Save your slideshow in WMM as DV-AVI file. How do I save my movie as a DV-AVI file in Movie Maker? http://tinyurl.com/8ktlw Then open Nero, click on make DVD Video, click on add file, call up your DV-AVI file, make your opening ...

how to enable sending of .exe file
By default for Exchange 2003 blocked users from sending those .exe file, how to disable it? On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 02:26:03 -0800, jenson <jenson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >By default for Exchange 2003 blocked users from sending those .exe file, how >to disable it? Its an Outlook issue, not an exchange one. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm#ol2002 On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 02:26:03 -0800, jenson <jenson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >By default for Exchange 2003 blocked users from sending those .exe file, how >to disable it? Exchange...

'Convert' is not a member of 'Boolean'
I used the designer in VS.NET 2003 to create a dataset. Within that dataset, there is an element "Tags", with a primary key and relationship: <xs:element name="Tags"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="TagName" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0" /> <xs:element name="TagDesc" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0" /> <xs:element name="System" type="xs:boolean" minOccurs="0" /> <xs:element name="FieldType"...

No edit previous forms after new form
Hi, 1. I have a data entry form and subform. How can I set for no edits and no deletes of all previous forms and subforms after new form or new record is created? 2. I often encounter loss of records in the database. Does deleting records and compacting database affect this? What are the common causes? Thanks for your time. Ps. I am inexperience in modules. On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 14:47:28 GMT, "JACKGUNAWAN" <u58266@uwe> wrote: >Hi, > >1. I have a data entry form and subform. How can I set for no edits and no >deletes of all previous forms ...

Accessing a linked file in a Word document using VBA
Hi - Basic question, in my Word template I have some linked images. I want to use VBA to change the path and filename of some of these links ... can anyone give me a clue as to how I should best do this? Thanks Robin Hi Robin, To see how to paths in Word using vba, check out the macro solution I've posted for implement relative paths at: http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/index.php?showtopic=670027 -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Robin" <Robin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EA2C548-7D01-4515-BCC8-2EF3210439C9@microsof...

How do I copy previously entered data
If I enter related data in A1 and C1 and then type the same data as A1 in A4, how do I get the data in C1 to automaticallyh appear in C4? Hi =VLOOKUP(A4,A1:C3,3,0) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Snoopy wrote: > If I enter related data in A1 and C1 and then type the same data as > A1 in A4, how do I get the data in C1 to automaticallyh appear in C4? Hi Frank, Thanks for the information, I tried it and it works. One further question if I may? If I type the info in A1 in multiple places in columnA, can excel be configured to repeat the related info in c1 in the cor...

Money 2002 #5
I have two accounts that represent my checking account. The first one I have closed and the second one is the new account that I want to download my bank's information into. Unfortunately it does not download into the new account. How can I resolve this problem? Thank you L'Tanya Is it still downloading to the old account? If so, remove the bank name from the account details. Money requires this to import and will prompt you again to associate the download to an account the next time you download a statement. "L'Tanya Durante" <bizy.mom2@verizon.net> wr...