Can't connect to Citibank

Hello,

I just purchased and installed Money 2005 today.  Unfortunately, when I try
to connect to my Citibank account, I get:

"Your accounts couldn't be updated with information from your bank or
brokerage.  To learn more, on the Tools menu, point to Internet Updates, and
then click Read Call Summary Messages."

When I click on Tools > Internet Updates> Read Call Summary Messages, I see:

- Your last call encountered an error: 1/20/2005 12:09 AM
- Microsoft Money could not receive information from your bank or brokerage.
 Please set up this account again (link).  If the problem continues, contact
Customer Support.

If I click on "set up this account again", I get the same results.

I was able to login at the Citibank site and download the OFX files directly
into Money, so I know that my Internet connection is ok and my username and
password are correct.

I checked the event log, but there's nothing there.  I checked the Money
support site and this usergroup but I don't see anything that would help me
troubleshoot and fix this problem.

Is this some kind of Yodlee (or whatever that thing is called) problem?

Never had any problems in previous versions of Money - this sucks.
0
EH (6)
1/20/2005 8:19:04 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

I'm having the same problem with MSM05 and Citi, and also with an ATT
Universal card account (it's a skinned site for Citi).

This occasionally happens overnight - these sites become unavailable to
Money's direct access (this is _not_ a Yodlee thing) for a few hours.  Could
be an internal maintenance or network window.

Don't freak out yet :) From experience, I'm absolutely certain that access
will be restored shortly.

This same behavior presented with Money 03 and 04 as well - is it just that
you've never tried it this late? :)

- John

"EH" <EH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I just purchased and installed Money 2005 today.  Unfortunately, when I
> try
> to connect to my Citibank account, I get:
>
> "Your accounts couldn't be updated with information from your bank or
> brokerage.  To learn more, on the Tools menu, point to Internet Updates,
> and
> then click Read Call Summary Messages."
>
> When I click on Tools > Internet Updates> Read Call Summary Messages, I
> see:
>
> - Your last call encountered an error: 1/20/2005 12:09 AM
> - Microsoft Money could not receive information from your bank or
> brokerage.
> Please set up this account again (link).  If the problem continues,
> contact
> Customer Support.
>
> If I click on "set up this account again", I get the same results.
>
> I was able to login at the Citibank site and download the OFX files
> directly
> into Money, so I know that my Internet connection is ok and my username
> and
> password are correct.
>
> I checked the event log, but there's nothing there.  I checked the Money
> support site and this usergroup but I don't see anything that would help
> me
> troubleshoot and fix this problem.
>
> Is this some kind of Yodlee (or whatever that thing is called) problem?
>
> Never had any problems in previous versions of Money - this sucks.

0
john3098 (31)
1/20/2005 9:09:37 AM
In microsoft.public.money, EH wrote:

>Is this some kind of Yodlee (or whatever that thing is called) problem?

Yes.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
1/20/2005 4:50:38 PM
Ok, now I am not getting the error anymore, but only the balances are
downloaded from Citibank.  No transactions are downloaded at all (I did
change the view dropdown to "Show transactions from All Dates).

Is there anyway to contact Yodlee?  Contacting someone from Microsoft or
Citibank probably won't help since they'll just blame it on Yodlee.

Thanks,

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, EH wrote:
>

> >Is this some kind of Yodlee (or whatever that thing is called) problem?
>
> Yes.

0
EH (6)
1/20/2005 4:59:07 PM
In microsoft.public.money, EH wrote:

>Ok, now I am not getting the error anymore, but only the balances are
>downloaded from Citibank.  No transactions are downloaded at all (I did
>change the view dropdown to "Show transactions from All Dates).
>
>Is there anyway to contact Yodlee?  Contacting someone from Microsoft or
>Citibank probably won't help since they'll just blame it on Yodlee.

If you want to contact Yodlee directly, you can create an account at
Yodlee. Then if you get similar action, ask Yodlee.

If you discern their privacy policy, let us know.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
1/20/2005 5:49:10 PM
Go to https://www.yodlee.com/newarch/index.do and click on privacy policy.

Cal Learner-- MVP wrote:
> If you want to contact Yodlee directly, you can create an account at
> Yodlee. Then if you get similar action, ask Yodlee.
>
> If you discern their privacy policy, let us know.

0
art4580 (318)
1/21/2005 12:21:49 AM
In microsoft.public.money, Art McClinton wrote:

>Go to https://www.yodlee.com/newarch/index.do and click on privacy policy.

Good find. It is a recent thing, tho it does say copyright 2004.

They do not sell "personal" data, except "to companies that perform
marketing services on our behalf, or to other financial institutions
with whom Yodlee offers you products and services pursuant to joint
marketing agreements."

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
1/21/2005 5:21:59 PM
Buy, that sure narrows it down.

> They do not sell "personal" data, except "to companies that perform
> marketing services on our behalf, or to other financial institutions
> with whom Yodlee offers you products and services pursuant to joint
> marketing agreements."

Hello,
I am having the same problem.  I just bought MSM05 and can add only 2 credit
card companies.  When I try to add a couple of others, it sends me into the
same loop as mentioned in this thread.

I am able to login through yodlee just fine.  I tried to find info on
Microsoft's knowledgebase - but no luck.  Any ideas??

"EH" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just purchased and installed Money 2005 today.  Unfortunately, when I try
> to connect to my Citibank account, I get:
>
> "Your accounts couldn't be updated with information from your bank or
> brokerage.  To learn more, on the Tools menu, point to Internet Updates, and
> then click Read Call Summary Messages."
>
> When I click on Tools > Internet Updates> Read Call Summary Messages, I see:
>
> - Your last call encountered an error: 1/20/2005 12:09 AM
> - Microsoft Money could not receive information from your bank or brokerage.
>  Please set up this account again (link).  If the problem continues, contact
> Customer Support.
>
> If I click on "set up this account again", I get the same results.
>
> I was able to login at the Citibank site and download the OFX files directly
> into Money, so I know that my Internet connection is ok and my username and
> password are correct.
>
> I checked the event log, but there's nothing there.  I checked the Money
> support site and this usergroup but I don't see anything that would help me
> troubleshoot and fix this problem.
>
> Is this some kind of Yodlee (or whatever that thing is called) problem?
>
> Never had any problems in previous versions of Money - this sucks.
0
BobC1 (14)
2/5/2005 2:47:02 AM
Background:
I was a very very happy Money 2003 user for the last 2+ years (I
encourage all my friends to adopt it) and about three months ago
upgraded to 2005...ONLY because I wanted the Citibank integration and
little else. I should have been happy with what I had (downloading the
OFX from citibank wasn't really THAT bad in retrospect) and instead I
got a little too greedy. Besides Citibank (checking, checking plus,
savings, mastercard and Citicorp investment services), I also bank with
Amex, MBNA, ATT Universal, and a host of investment companies, so
moving from the smooth flowing 2003 to 2005 definately hurt the team
across the board.

Needless to say, upgrading was painful at best and I only recently was
able to get all reports and graphs to come out correctly. However, I
feel that I have finally tamed the beast and can hopefully lend you
some advice.

Citibank:
There are some pitfalls of the citibank sync. First, the sync does not
cover checking plus accounts. Everything is dumped into the main
checking account, and anything out of checking plus will simply show as
a negative value on your main checking. So you will have to manually
handle this process.

Second of all this process doesn't cover citibank mastercard. You have
to set this up through a citicards account. You used to be able to get
this through the main citibank OFX if your accounts were linked, but
even in 2003 this stopped working several months ago and I had to setup
the citicards account there, so this really isn't any different. There
also is no Citicorp investment services sync, but again this didn't
exist in 2003 either.

"Almost" all of the issues I faced in syncing with 2005 was with
Citibank. What I found is that syncing Citibank fails when I try to
sync it at the same time as other banks, and especially in coordination
with the "Update stock and fund quotes, MSN Alerts, news, and exchange
rates". The best way to get it to work is, when you get the "Update
Now" popup, clear all checkboxes except for Citibank. Occasionally
(maybe 25%) this will still fail, but if you run it again it usually
will catch by the 2nd or 3rd try. In fact, I am now in the mental
habbit of running the update twice every morning, once with everything
but Citibank checked, and then a second time with only citibank
checked. Generally I have been pacified with this and it has worked out
as well as could be hoped, although there is still a part of me
screaming to go back to 2003.

Interestingly enough I also occasionally have syncing issues with my
MBNA visa account, and this seems to be the only account that I can run
together with citibank that won't make it fail. Every other account
(including the citicards account) work perfectly and with no error so
far.

Another Citibank problem is that occasionally (and somewhat randomly)
when I sync, Money creates new accounts for the download. Why? I have
no idea. But merging the accounts seems to clear this right up...

The ONLY real benefit I get out of 2005 is that the "Bank Balance"
feature, in which it tells you what the bank says your balance is vs.
what you have it at in money, is very useful. However, and I saw one
user report something sounding like this, Citibank will update your
balance BEFORE the transactions come through. For instance, if I walk
over to the ATM right now and take out $100, and then come back to the
office and sync, citibanks balance will already reflect the -$100, but
the transaction won't be there so my money balance won't match it for
1-2 days when the transactions comes through. I actually don't mind
this at all and consider it a benefit... it used to be that I could
never really rely on the money balance for my checking account because
it didn't contain the last day or two of data.... but now the bank
balance will show me exactly where I am even if the money balance does
not.

Overall 2005 Review:

The Pros:
1. I love the "Bank Balance" feature as mentioned above, and the date
that shows me my last sycn.
2. The "favorite categories: current month" chart available on the home
screen is great (somebody said this was available in 2003 but I
couldn't find it). I use it for cash withdrawls and dining out, which
seem to be the two things always at risk for me (what can I say, I live
in Manhattan).

Wash:
3. There are some parts of the budgeting and cash flow changes that I
like better and worse...

The Cons:
4. Syncing is a complete pain. There is an option to sync automatically
when money starts, but although I have this checked it never actually
performs it (probably because when you shut money down its main
processes keep running in the background).
5. Account duplication is confusing and down right scary.
6. The UI has improved and worsened. There are parts I like better, but
all they really did was find a way to better integrate all their links
out of money and to various websites. This is both annoying and
frusterating. I would like an option to determine which links are even
shown to me in the first place...especially in relation to killing
"related links"
7. Too many ads! Ad links are just as bad as banners, in fact worse
since I don't realize what they are until I click on them!
8. 2005 messed with my categories (apparently on purpose) and this just
pisses me the hell off (forgive my language)! Clearly users edit these
to match their lifestyles, so why would you make the application
intentionally alter these to something else???
9. Managing online services is comlicated and confusing, which made the
syncing stuff all that much harder. It seems that there are different
screen, processes and workflows for setting these up based on what kind
of bank you choose, and fixing mistakes is virtually impossible. For
instance, some of the account logins I can edit directly on the update
now popup, and some I cannot. Why is this?
10. There are issues with updating some stocks. I have a retirement
account with various mutual funds... I entered the symbols just for my
own knowledge but told money not to retrieve updates for them (since
the prices for them with my 401k company are vastly different than that
of the market price due to how they are bought and sold). Even though
money shows that they won't be updated, they still are. This turned out
to be the biggest factor in all my reports being wrong, with the net
value graph swinging up and down by 10's of thousands as it jumped
between automatic and manual price updates.

Conclusion:
If you are reasonably happy with 2003, stay there.

Hope this helps...
Jonathan

BobC wrote:
> Hello,
> I am having the same problem.  I just bought MSM05 and can add only 2
credit
> card companies.  When I try to add a couple of others, it sends me
into the
> same loop as mentioned in this thread.
>
> I am able to login through yodlee just fine.  I tried to find info on

> Microsoft's knowledgebase - but no luck.  Any ideas??
>
> "EH" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I just purchased and installed Money 2005 today.  Unfortunately,
when I try
> > to connect to my Citibank account, I get:
> >
> > "Your accounts couldn't be updated with information from your bank
or
> > brokerage.  To learn more, on the Tools menu, point to Internet
Updates, and
> > then click Read Call Summary Messages."
> >
> > When I click on Tools > Internet Updates> Read Call Summary
Messages, I see:

> > - Your last call encountered an error: 1/20/2005 12:09 AM
> > - Microsoft Money could not receive information from your bank or
brokerage.
> >  Please set up this account again (link).  If the problem
continues, contact
> > Customer Support.
> >
> > If I click on "set up this account again", I get the same results.
> >
> > I was able to login at the Citibank site and download the OFX files
directly
> > into Money, so I know that my Internet connection is ok and my
username and
> > password are correct.
> >
> > I checked the event log, but there's nothing there.  I checked the
Money
> > support site and this usergroup but I don't see anything that would
help me
> > troubleshoot and fix this problem.
> >
> > Is this some kind of Yodlee (or whatever that thing is called)
problem?

> > Never had any problems in previous versions of Money - this sucks.

HI,
    Do you know if finally is there an answer to this problem? I have tried
different things suggested here and none of them worked. I can see the
balance in the accounts but i cannot see the transactions.
   i'd appreaciate your help.

"Cal Learner-- MVP" escribió:

> In microsoft.public.money, Art McClinton wrote:
>
> >Go to https://www.yodlee.com/newarch/index.do and click on privacy policy.
>

> Good find. It is a recent thing, tho it does say copyright 2004.
>
> They do not sell "personal" data, except "to companies that perform
> marketing services on our behalf, or to other financial institutions
> with whom Yodlee offers you products and services pursuant to joint
> marketing agreements."

0
robica (2)
2/14/2005 1:07:02 PM
I have been using Money for a number of years now and today was the first
time that I have yet to be able to connect to get either balances or quotes
and prices. Should we not expect MS to at least post if their server is down?

"EH" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just purchased and installed Money 2005 today.  Unfortunately, when I try
> to connect to my Citibank account, I get:
>
> "Your accounts couldn't be updated with information from your bank or
> brokerage.  To learn more, on the Tools menu, point to Internet Updates, and
> then click Read Call Summary Messages."
>
> When I click on Tools > Internet Updates> Read Call Summary Messages, I see:
>
> - Your last call encountered an error: 1/20/2005 12:09 AM
> - Microsoft Money could not receive information from your bank or brokerage.
>  Please set up this account again (link).  If the problem continues, contact
> Customer Support.
>
> If I click on "set up this account again", I get the same results.
>
> I was able to login at the Citibank site and download the OFX files directly
> into Money, so I know that my Internet connection is ok and my username and
> password are correct.
>
> I checked the event log, but there's nothing there.  I checked the Money
> support site and this usergroup but I don't see anything that would help me
> troubleshoot and fix this problem.
>
> Is this some kind of Yodlee (or whatever that thing is called) problem?
>
> Never had any problems in previous versions of Money - this sucks.
0
inLA (1)
2/26/2005 4:25:02 AM
Some updates on my courageous journey into 2005:

First of all, several emailed me thanking me for the Citibank
advice...and I am glad to hear I helped.

Secondly, some corrections on my previous post:

1. You can still get Citibank mastercard as part of the OFX download
from Citibank, but beware that if you have the automated Citicards
synch setup for that same account, this will duplicate every
transaction (Money will not realize they are the same even though they
are for the same payee on the same date for the same amount) because of
the different sources of the data. So if you are going with automated,
uncheck the mastercard account on the Citibank UI before you download
the file.
2. As pointed out to me, the "Favorite Categorie: Current Month" was
indeed already available in M2003 (subtracting 1 from the only 2
improvements I originally found with M2005).

Also please note something I didn't initially mention: I highly suggest
that when you upgrade to M2005 you make a backup before hand, zip it up
and thoroughly secure it somewhere where it will not be touched or
confused with the new money files. Then uninstall M2003. M2005 warns
you that although it is possible to keep M2003 installs, it recommends
against it. I agree with Microsoft in this case that it is a bad idea
and will only turn against you. I have found that not only will you get
confused (believe me, you will) but that the data integrity starts
getting questionable. For instance, when you try to open OFX files, you
never really know which version of Money is going to grab it. There
were some other problems, but all in all I highly suggest against the
entire thing. If you don't like M2005, you can always uninstall it and
reinstall M2003.

Lastly, I am sad to announce that, after much contemplation, my
pioneering journey into M2005 has ended and I have completely
rolled-back to M2003. I owned M2003 outright, but was on the 90-trial
of M2005, and with the paydate quickly approaching I had to make a
decision.

My decision was that I couldn't rationalize paying to upgrade to
something that I found to be less functionaly, more frustrating, and
take up more time and energy (especially when the application is
specifically geared towards reducing this). I am working on my masters
in Information Systems and have been a product manager for various
applications, so if I cannot figure some of this stuff out, I don't see
how any normal user could.

The roll-back process was not easy and took several hours, but in the
end it was worth it. I will greatly miss the "Bank Balance" feature,
but in the end it wasn't enough. I felt that the biggest benefits of
M2005 was for Microsoft in the form of a million links to money sites
and services I wasn't interested in and which only served to confuse me
and get in the way of true functionality.

What will get me onto M2006:
1. Fix the automation problems... especially with Citibank. This means
no duplicate accounts and no download errors.
2. Stop messing with my categories.
3. Get the online services setup process under control
4. Stop updating stocks and funds that I don't mark for updates.
5. Get rid of all the link advertising or any links taking me out of
the Money applications (including those to your MSN website). Or at
least make all of these links optional or configurable so I can choose
what I want to see. I can understand all this on a free website, but
when we are paying for it this is unacceptable.

To Microsoft, I hope to give you my business again next year. Good
Luck!

Sincerely,
Jonathan

On 8 Mar 2005 08:31:28 -0800, "Jonathan" <bartlettjonathan@gmail.com>
wrote:

>What will get me onto M2006:
>1. Fix the automation problems... especially with Citibank. This means
>no duplicate accounts and no download errors.
>2. Stop messing with my categories.
>3. Get the online services setup process under control
>4. Stop updating stocks and funds that I don't mark for updates.
>5. Get rid of all the link advertising or any links taking me out of
>the Money applications (including those to your MSN website). Or at
>least make all of these links optional or configurable so I can choose
>what I want to see. I can understand all this on a free website, but
>when we are paying for it this is unacceptable.

Jonathan:

Thanks for the post.  As an avid MS2003 user I ordered MS2005 via
Amazon.  After reading your horror story, and the others posted here,
I quickly cancelled my MS2005 order.

MS2003 works flawlessly when connecting to my SunTrust, Citibank and
American Express to download new transactions.

I can't fathom why MS development did not have any quality assurance
testing with MS2005, nor can I believe they would unleash this monster
on the public as a final product.

I too will wait for MS2006, but let someone else go first.  I'm not in
the position, nor in the mood, to become a beta tester.

Cheers,

Steve

0
flabear (2)
3/17/2005 10:59:13 AM
On 2005-03-17, Steve <flabear@REMOVE.yahoo.com> wrote:
> MS2003 works flawlessly when connecting to my SunTrust, Citibank and
> American Express to download new transactions.

FYI, MS2003 will stop downloading transactions at some point in
the future.  You can find out what date that is clicking:

	Help -> About Microsoft Money

Then click on "License Agreement..." in the window that comes up.
This will bring up the license agreement in Notepad.  Search for
"online" You'll eventually find the expiration section.  For me on
M04 Deluxe, my final day for transaction downloads is Sep 1, 2007.

FYI.
0
mark5832 (444)
3/17/2005 12:35:47 PM
But isn't there an additional term that says something about "2 (3) years
from first installation or Sep 1 2007 whichever comes first"?

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For UK tips & fixes see
For wishes or suggestions see
or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback

"Mark Horn" <mark@hornclan.com> wrote in message
> On 2005-03-17, Steve <flabear@REMOVE.yahoo.com> wrote:
>> MS2003 works flawlessly when connecting to my SunTrust, Citibank and
>> American Express to download new transactions.
>
> FYI, MS2003 will stop downloading transactions at some point in
> the future.  You can find out what date that is clicking:
>
> Help -> About Microsoft Money
>
> Then click on "License Agreement..." in the window that comes up.
> This will bring up the license agreement in Notepad.  Search for
> "online" You'll eventually find the expiration section.  For me on
> M04 Deluxe, my final day for transaction downloads is Sep 1, 2007.
>
> FYI.

0
Bob_Peel4015 (409)
3/17/2005 1:36:10 PM
On 2005-03-17, Bob Peel MVP <Bob_Peel@kiandraNOSPAM.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> But isn't there an additional term that says something about "2 (3) years
> from first installation or Sep 1 2007 whichever comes first"?

Yes.  That's true.  In my case, I upgrade my PC recently.  It came
with a brand new instance of XP on top of which I installed my
copy of Money 2004.  So Money thinks it was installed recently,
so that Sep 1 2007 is less than 3 years from now.

I only assume that it works this way because I also happened to go
to the free services section of Money in order to get access to the
experian account that I'd created right after I first bought M04.
When I did this, and logged into my experian account, I got a message
that said something to the effect of "Thanks for upgrading to Money
2004, your experian account has been extended for another year and
will expire one year from today."

It looks like Money doesn't do a very good job of actual date
tracking.  So I'm *assuming* that I have until Sep 1 2007.  I could
be wrong.

Time will tell, I guess.  If I actually get cut off sometime in
April 2007 (which will be 3 years from when I first installed M04),
then I know that Money did a better job of tracking the date that
I'm assuming.
0
mark5832 (444)
3/18/2005 8:36:25 PM
The Experian expiry is completely separate from Money's expiry! Also whether
you get 2 years or 3 years depends on the version of Money.

--

> On 2005-03-17, Bob Peel MVP <Bob_Peel@kiandraNOSPAM.freeserve.co.uk>
> wrote:
>> But isn't there an additional term that says something about "2 (3) years
>> from first installation or Sep 1 2007 whichever comes first"?
>
> Yes.  That's true.  In my case, I upgrade my PC recently.  It came
> with a brand new instance of XP on top of which I installed my
> copy of Money 2004.  So Money thinks it was installed recently,
> so that Sep 1 2007 is less than 3 years from now.
>
> I only assume that it works this way because I also happened to go
> to the free services section of Money in order to get access to the
> experian account that I'd created right after I first bought M04.
> When I did this, and logged into my experian account, I got a message
> that said something to the effect of "Thanks for upgrading to Money
> 2004, your experian account has been extended for another year and
> will expire one year from today."
>
> It looks like Money doesn't do a very good job of actual date
> tracking.  So I'm *assuming* that I have until Sep 1 2007.  I could
> be wrong.
>
> Time will tell, I guess.  If I actually get cut off sometime in
> April 2007 (which will be 3 years from when I first installed M04),
> then I know that Money did a better job of tracking the date that
> I'm assuming.

0
Bob_Peel4015 (409)

Dialup connection server 2003 VPN
I recently added a 2 domain controller the primary DC is runing server 03 rc1 the second is running rc2 the install went well but now my VPN dial up connection is not working any ideas what would cause the Dial up server to stop working -- Terry Sorry turned out to be a router problem -- Terry "terry" wrote: > I recently added a 2 domain controller the primary DC is runing server 03 rc1 > the second is running rc2 the install went well but now my VPN dial up > connection is not working any ideas what would cause the Dial up server to > stop...

MS Outlook Fails after AT&T Connection
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CA1388.B3E7E6C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Experts, I use AT&T Global client for connecting to VPN. But the Microsoft = Outlook is not working for the VPN. Please let me know if there is any = proxy settings to be configured after connecting through AT&T Global = Client. Thanks in advance, Sivaswami ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CA1388.B3E7E6C0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-pri...

ODBC Connection #3
Dears, This is the case: - We have Windows server 2008 standard, SQL server 2005 SP2, GP 10.0 SP3. - We can create an ODBC on the server with no problems. - SQL server is running. - But when trying to create an ODBC on a client PC we have SQL 08001 -1 error, also when trying to change the account the SQL is running on from LOCAL SYSTEM to NETWORK SERVICE we have an error saying we can’t add a new member to group……. - We tested all above using Administrator user. Thanks. Is your SQL Server 2005 a 64-bit RDBMS? Also, your ODBC connection requires SQL Server authentication, not Windows Au...

RPC over HTTPS -- how long to connect?
how long should we be waiting to connect our Outlook 2003 to Exchange 2003 through RPC over HTTPS ? Sometimes it does it in 2 minutes, and sometimes it takes 5-6 minutes. Does anyone have any idea of a 'normal' time ? Thanks. On Tue, 24 May 2005 10:26:35 -0400, "Galvanon" <galvanon@online.nospam> wrote: >how long should we be waiting to connect our Outlook 2003 to Exchange 2003 >through RPC over HTTPS ? Sometimes it does it in 2 minutes, and sometimes >it takes 5-6 minutes. Does anyone have any idea of a 'normal' time ? > >Thanks. &...

Remote Exchange Server Connectivity
We currently have multiple Exchange 2003 servers in our data center and are in the process of deploying remote Exchange servers & DC's to remote offices that are connected back to the main data center via a site to site VPN tunnel. The problem with this setup is a limitation on our current VPN server does not allow the remote offices to talk to each other. If one office wanted to share data with another they would have to place the data at the data center and then both offices could access it that way. This does not bode well for the default install of Exchange as mailbox use...

2 Remote User Connections
I have 2 remote users who log into an entirely separate (Untrusted) domain on their winxp notebooks then the rest of my users. Currently they access CRM across the web (with login id's that obviously match the CRM domain). I would like to give them Sales for Outlook on their local machine. Is it possible to synch them through the web? They do not need email capabilities it would just be so they could Work offline on their accounts? Thanks for your time. Right but will the go offline button work if their notebook and therefore their outlook is logged into one domain and the C...

'Send Immediately When Connected' Is Greyed Out
The PC is running Outlook XP against an Exchange Server. All was well until yesterday. Now no email goes out unless the "Send/Receive" button is clicked. The "Send immediately when connected" checkbox is gray...neither selected nor unselected and cannot be clicked on. It is unresponsive. What might cause this behaviour? ...

problem connecting to online services
I am using Micorsoft 2003. I am able to download statements into money from my bank, but I cannot seem to get the set up online services to work through money. I have talked to my bank and they see no problem on their end. Here's what happens: I go to set up the onoine services, I choose the correct bank (bank one), enter correct user name and pw and click next and I get the "Call Progress" screen with the movoing dots and thats it. It never resolves to the next page. I have tried disabling my firewall and antivirus. I have installed all of the latest Money updates....

Connection Question
Hello, I get this message when trying to connect on a local machine. A network-related or instance-specific error occurred ..... SQLExpress database file auto-creation error.... I'm not using express though. Thanks Mike coder316 wrote: > Hello, > I get this message when trying to connect on a local machine. > A network-related or instance-specific error occurred ..... > SQLExpress database file auto-creation error.... > > I'm not using express though. > Thanks > Mike Well what are you using? And was SQL Express on the machine before? On A...

How do controls get connected to variables in a CFormView?
Greetings! I am trying to modify a project that generates an ActiveX control. The control window is a CSplitterWnd with two panes, one on top of the other. The class representing the bottom pane is derived from CFormView. It has several controls, whose initial placement is determined by a resource. The controls are positioned in a routine called from the OnSize() event handler. That handler checks to see if m_hWnd of one of the control variables is pointing to a valid window yet, and if it is, it repositions all of the controls, happily referring to them by their variable names. The top ...

Can't Connect to HQ Manager
I recently updated from MSDE to SQL Express...All my stores are talking to the the HQ Database...I can open the Manager if I am sitting on the server...However I can no longer access the Manager from the store locations...Can anyone tell me what I need to change in order to restore this communication? Thanks Anthony, How were you connecting before? Remote Desktop, pcAnywhere, VPN, etc. By default, SQL has database sharing turned off for security reasons. Depending how you connect tells us what to do next. -- = Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Ex...

Client cannot connect to an Exchange Server
I have one client on my network that cannot connect to the exchange server. The client station is WinXP.SP1 and is authenticated to the domain. When Outlook XP is launched, the system prompts for the user id (the client is set to use password authentication). The user keys the password and the system responds that the logon information is incorrect, check the username, password or domain. This occurs on any user id entered, including the administrator. I have not found anything that can help me resolve this problem. The user can connect using OWA. In WinXP, you don't get the domain fiel...

Connecting to Bank Website
I use spysweeper and a few days ago I got the warning that MM was trying to change IE settings: block or not block. The first time I said block after which MM would not connect to the bank's website. I got the message again and did not allow the block and I still can't connect to the website while in the register. Any suggestions? ...

Outlook CRM Client indicates lost connection
Hello, we have a little problem with the Outlook CRM Client (Outlook 2007). We just installed Sharepoint additionally on the CRM server. This changed the web.config, so we had to restore this file. Afterwards we could use CRM as before. The only problem that remains is the little symbol in the task bar stating that there is no connection though CRM is reacting normally. We found that the client is constantly loading the accesscheck.bmp-File to check if there's a connection. In the protocol the requests are replied with a 401.5 error. Granting anonymous access didn't solve the pro...

Sent items not saved in folder when connecting *after* i have typed email
Hi people, Just a quick query, i cant find a more specific group for this one: When I have not got an internet connection, and I attempt to send email, it is saved in the Outbox. When I next connect, the mail is sent, but it isnt saved in my sent items folder (when I send a mail when connected, it *is* saved in the sent items folder) I cant find any specific options that would dictate this behaviour - is there something that I'm missing? Outlook details: 2002 (10.6515.6626) SP3 Any help much appreciated! cheers, ...

Org Chart: How do I connect a child to multiple parents?
I'm trying to create a support diagram in Powerpoint 2007 using SmartArt. I started an org chart, but my help desk, technichal support and super-users all funnel their issues to the same department for second-level support. It seems that when I create a child box in the org chart, it can only be linked to a single parent... how do I link that child to three parents? In this case, SmartArt isn't smart enough to do what you want it to do. If it's not too complex, you can create a new org chart by drawing rectangles and connector lines. That would allow you to (manually...

Outlook 2003 timeouts connecting to Exchange over VPN and is SLOW
I've recently resetup my PC and decided to load Office/Outlook 2003 (I was using XP versions of everything). The big difference is that Outlook 2003 seems extremely slowwwwww in comparison. And, when I'm connected to my company's Exchange server via VPN, Outlook 2003 NEVER is able to connect right away. Every time I fire it up, it spins awhile, then eventually displays a dialog box complaining it can't connect to Exhange. If I click Retry, it eventually connects and works as per usual (albeit more slowly than the XP version). Any ideas? The annoyance and pathetic performa...

Fails to connect to server <OWA-servername>
Exchange 5.5 environment with OWA. Recently we have received lot of calls relating to "Fails to connect to server <OWA-servername>" . Called Microsoft PSS and removed Outlook 2000 from the Exchange server to eliminate conflicting cdo.dll . Also re-applied SP4 and the following hotfixes 818709,836862,842436a. The frequency of "Fails to connect to server" seem to have decreased however still do happen. Help! Do you have another server you can point the OWA server at? regedt32 on the OWA server: \HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeWeb\Parameters\S...

Regarding Connectivity
Hi all, i have a store at remote location(village) & there is no connectivity,No phone lines nothing.How can i connect this store with HQ. Any suggestion? -- With Regards Junaid Idrees Software Engineer Business Solutions 4th Floor mehdi towers,shahra-e-faisal karachi,Pakistan. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0151_01C6A1BF.606009D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Junaid, How about cellular or satellite? --=20 * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Exp...

Money 2007 Home & Business
Whenever I try to log into my Money file, I get the error that there isn't an internet connection. This was a clean install of Vista, and then Money 2007 was installed. So if there's no internet connection from within Money, then it's going to be a little hard to download SP2! I have no internet connection issues with any other programs. Run as Administrator is greyed out. I also tried WinXP SP2 compatibility mode. Nothing worked. Nevermind. I used the "search" function :-) "clarkcarty" wrote: > Whenever I try to log into my Money file, I get t...

Store connection strings/configuration settings in A/D
Hello. What are the pros/cons of storing connection strings and global app settings in A/D. We have a lot of applications (Windows, ASP.Net, Add-ins for Office Apps, etc) and each need to retrieve connections strings, global app settings, etc. I want a central location for this stuff and don't want to include it with every app, nor do I want to add it to each Machine.config file. I was thinking of using A/D for this. On app start up I would get the info and cache it. Any and all suggestions/comments are welcome. Thanks in advance, Mike "milop&qu...

Echange 2003 Won't Accept Incoming Mail or Connections
Hello, I am running Exhcange 2003 on Windows 2003. I am a novice user of Exchange 2003 and am in a bind. I had my server hdd fail on me and low and behold the NTBACKUP file would not retore (what else is new). So I rebuilt the server and attached it to the domain so all of my old AD information is still there. I have succesfully installed Exchange 2003 on the newly built DC and I created all new mailboxes for my users and I can succesfully logon to Exchange through OWA. However when I send something to the email address that I created, the server will not recieve it. I have been ...

Building/Storing a passthrough:How to assign connection string and make passthrough
I know the connection string I wish to apply, and have the SQL ready query, I just don't know how to put it. This stores it as a basic query. What do I do to store it as a passthrough with Cnnect as as the connect string? ========================== Dim Q As QueryDef, DB As Database Dim Selectpiece As String Dim SQLSTRING As String Dim Cnnect as String Cnnect = "ODBC;DSN=pavinbase;" SQLSTRING = "SELECT accounting.post_table, accounting.post_date, accounting.post_process, accounting.post_id " SQLSTRING = SQLSTRING & "FROM ac...

Connecting old HDD via Caddy
I've just connected an old HDD to an XP PC via a caddy. It recognised it straight away (whilst my newer Vista machine wouldn't). It won't let me into my user fold though I can get into other user folders. Presumably this is because it would have had a password when in it's original machine? Is there a way to access my files? Trevor A wrote: > I've just connected an old HDD to an XP PC via a caddy. It > recognised it straight away (whilst my newer Vista machine > wouldn't). > It won't let me into my user fold though I can get into other ...