Buy and Sell Symbols on Price History Charts

Money 2007 (as well as on all previous versions I've used) have a helpful 
circular "B" and "S" symbols on the Price History graphs representing the buy 
and sell milestones. However they only show on my mutual fund investments.  
Is there a way to put them on my stock buys and sells?

Thanks,

Tonakela
0
Tonakela (6)
12/17/2006 1:07:00 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

3 Replies
507 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 43

"Tonakela" <Tonakela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:833876C9-1A3B-43AD-BF47-1C67984757E4@microsoft.com...
> Money 2007 (as well as on all previous versions I've used) have a helpful
> circular "B" and "S" symbols on the Price History graphs representing the 
> buy
> and sell milestones. However they only show on my mutual fund investments.
> Is there a way to put them on my stock buys and sells?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tonakela

"Tonakela" <Tonakela-at-discussions-dot-microsoft-dot-com> wrote in message 
news:833876C9-1A3B-43AD-BF47-1C67984757E4@microsoft.com...
> Money 2007 (as well as on all previous versions I've used) have a helpful
> circular "B" and "S" symbols on the Price History graphs representing the 
> buy
> and sell milestones. However they only show on my mutual fund investments.
> Is there a way to put them on my stock buys and sells?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tonakela

I've seen two reasons why this can happen:  Online price updates wiping out 
the dots, or seeing the dots only when viewing price history from "Reports 
Gallery", but not when viewing price history directly from the portfolio.

Click here to see a prior thread that goes into more detail:

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.money/browse_frm/thread/473823bb9472aa2f/be11761ca5518c14

http://masl.to/?J5FA2226E (in case direct link breaks from line wrap)

-- 
Scott Tyler
agent_scotty-at-hotmail-dot-com 


0
Scott
12/17/2006 3:57:41 PM
Thanks Scott for the link and advice.  I tried the step-by-step instructions 
2X and the fix did not make the buy and sell symbols appear.

Tonakela



"Scott Tyler" wrote:

> 
> "Tonakela" <Tonakela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:833876C9-1A3B-43AD-BF47-1C67984757E4@microsoft.com...
> > Money 2007 (as well as on all previous versions I've used) have a helpful
> > circular "B" and "S" symbols on the Price History graphs representing the 
> > buy
> > and sell milestones. However they only show on my mutual fund investments.
> > Is there a way to put them on my stock buys and sells?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Tonakela
> 
> "Tonakela" <Tonakela-at-discussions-dot-microsoft-dot-com> wrote in message 
> news:833876C9-1A3B-43AD-BF47-1C67984757E4@microsoft.com...
> > Money 2007 (as well as on all previous versions I've used) have a helpful
> > circular "B" and "S" symbols on the Price History graphs representing the 
> > buy
> > and sell milestones. However they only show on my mutual fund investments.
> > Is there a way to put them on my stock buys and sells?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Tonakela
> 
> I've seen two reasons why this can happen:  Online price updates wiping out 
> the dots, or seeing the dots only when viewing price history from "Reports 
> Gallery", but not when viewing price history directly from the portfolio.
> 
> Click here to see a prior thread that goes into more detail:
> 
> http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.money/browse_frm/thread/473823bb9472aa2f/be11761ca5518c14
> 
> http://masl.to/?J5FA2226E (in case direct link breaks from line wrap)
> 
> -- 
> Scott Tyler
> agent_scotty-at-hotmail-dot-com 
> 
> 
> 
0
Tonakela (6)
12/17/2006 6:51:01 PM
OOPS - Sorry Scott "my bad" - it did work!  Now I have lots of work ahead of 
me making all these changes...

Thanks for your assistance!

Tonakela



"Tonakela" wrote:

> Thanks Scott for the link and advice.  I tried the step-by-step instructions 
> 2X and the fix did not make the buy and sell symbols appear.
> 
> Tonakela
> 
> 
> 
> "Scott Tyler" wrote:
> 
> > 
> > "Tonakela" <Tonakela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> > news:833876C9-1A3B-43AD-BF47-1C67984757E4@microsoft.com...
> > > Money 2007 (as well as on all previous versions I've used) have a helpful
> > > circular "B" and "S" symbols on the Price History graphs representing the 
> > > buy
> > > and sell milestones. However they only show on my mutual fund investments.
> > > Is there a way to put them on my stock buys and sells?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Tonakela
> > 
> > "Tonakela" <Tonakela-at-discussions-dot-microsoft-dot-com> wrote in message 
> > news:833876C9-1A3B-43AD-BF47-1C67984757E4@microsoft.com...
> > > Money 2007 (as well as on all previous versions I've used) have a helpful
> > > circular "B" and "S" symbols on the Price History graphs representing the 
> > > buy
> > > and sell milestones. However they only show on my mutual fund investments.
> > > Is there a way to put them on my stock buys and sells?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Tonakela
> > 
> > I've seen two reasons why this can happen:  Online price updates wiping out 
> > the dots, or seeing the dots only when viewing price history from "Reports 
> > Gallery", but not when viewing price history directly from the portfolio.
> > 
> > Click here to see a prior thread that goes into more detail:
> > 
> > http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.money/browse_frm/thread/473823bb9472aa2f/be11761ca5518c14
> > 
> > http://masl.to/?J5FA2226E (in case direct link breaks from line wrap)
> > 
> > -- 
> > Scott Tyler
> > agent_scotty-at-hotmail-dot-com 
> > 
> > 
> > 
0
Tonakela (6)
12/17/2006 7:02:00 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Price from database does not showup correctly in POS
When I try to ring up items in the POS the sale price of some items does not showup correctly in POS. It shows a totally different sale price which is sometimes less or sometimes more than the sale price in the database. I always bachup my database and also refresh the Sql server but the problem continues. Does anybody has a solution to this. Regards, Nitin Try reindexing the DB in SO Administrator - Database/Reindex Other than that, can you provide more details? Have you set up customers with Discount Percentages or Price Levels? -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.t...

Combo Chart
I would like to do a combo chart. Any ideas? TIA Lacreeda Lacreeda - Plot all the data in a chart using the chart type you want to use for most of the series. Select one series you want to change, choose Chart Type from the Chart menu, and pick the chart type you want for this series. Repeat for any other series you want to change. Excel offers some built in combo types, but it's easy to make your own, and you can be much more flexible this way. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ Lacreeda wrote: > I wou...

Displaying MS Excel Chart control in ASP.NET Application
Hi, We are working on an ASP.NET (VB.NET) application. In one of th screens of our application, we need to show a graph and for this we ar using MS Excel Graph control. We have the graph prepared in Excel. Th application would feed in certain values into certain cells of th excel file and the graph would be drawn by the graph control based o these cells. We need some help on how exactly to display the excel graph contro directly on the screen of ASP.NET application. Thanks for the help oursm -- oursmp ...

1 Chart
I presently have an XY line chart showing asset price over time. Pretty simple. X Axis - Time Scale Y Axis - Asset Price I would now like to add an additoinal series showing the volume of assets traded, ideally this would be as a bar chart sitting "underneath" the asset price on the chart. They would share the same X Axis. I have added another series, but this simply displays the volume traded as another line, and even when this is set to a secondary axis the scaling makes this unworkable. i have adjusted the scales of both, still this does not make it workable, i want the series...

Copying data from one chart to another
I have many graphs - all plotting on similar scales but using different data. Is there any way I can simply copy one set of data from one graph and paste it into another graph so that I can avoind going through all the hassle plotting each curve again? I want to have graphs showing different combinations of the same data and have hundreds of curves to plot so this could be a huge timesaver... Cheers. -- Alan_Partridge ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Alan_Partridge's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29295 V...

Cannot Update Prices Online
I can no longer updated prices online. I use 2003 stnd. When on Portfolio page, if i click on Update Prices on the left, the only option I now have is Update Prices Manually. There is no longer any option for Update Prices Online. Also, on the home page if I do click the Update Online Quotes link, all it does is refresh my related investment charts on the home page. This has worked with no problem as long as I can remember. I cannot think of any changes or updates I have made to the software or options... Standard Edition? In use for a year now? Read the License Agreement (Hel...

Line Chart with dates in 5 day working week only
Hi, Trying to format a chart so that only the 5 working days of the week are displayed on the x axis. The source data only has the five days (e.g. 05/09/2005 down to 09/09/2005 and then on to 12/09/2005 down to 16/09/2005 etc etc) So I have missed out the weekend dates. When I create the line chart however, the weekend dates appear automatically and just show no point on the chart, therefore there is a longer line between Fridays and Mondays!! Hope this makes sense. Does anyone have any ideas on how to change this? I have tried looking at Tools-options-chart and cannot seem to turn...

Visio 2003--Can't drag objects from templates into flow charts.
Utilizing Visio 2003 in an Microsoft XP environment, I have not been able to drag objects from templates onto flow charts. I do not understand why. ...

Time performance Chart
Greetings. (help) I need to develop a chart that graphically depicts an employees start time and end time each day. This chart would be a bar chart. The bar chart would have days of the month along the bottom, and the side would start at 00:00 at the bottom and end at 24:00 at the top. I need to be able to enter an employees start time and end time and have it charted along the bar. So if the employee started at 07:00 and ended work at 18:00, the chart would show a colored bar that corresponds to the start time and the end time. Also, if an employee came back to work the chart would refl...

Custom Toolbar in Chart
How do you create a custom toolbar with a ComboBox that will be avaliable when a chart is active? I'd like to have a TOOLBAR where a ComboBox (or ListBox) is used to select a variable. This would then change the source data for the chart. I've got the code to change the chart, I just can't get a ComboBox in a Toolbar to work properly when a chart is active. Tx, Randall I'm not sure what you mean by "I just can't get a ComboBox in a Toolbar to work properly when a chart is active." If you mean it should be active only when a chart is... One 'tric...

... I want to change a chart type ...
I have a "Line - Column" chart in my spreadsheet. My Bars represent the month which is in a Linked Cell. The Value of the Bars is a Dollar amount from a Linked Cell. The Line represents a Target Dollar Value. I would like to add a second line that would represent a count from a linked range of cells. Can I edit my existing chart, or do I have to create a new one? Could you give me a few pointers? Darrell Select and drag the new column onto the chart. In the resulting dialog box, ensure you specify 'new series'. Once XL finishes adding the series, if it is not the...

Chart
Does anyone know if there are some "Add-Ins" for Excel that allow to use gauges that look like "Speedometers" (circular gauges)? Please refer to http://www.infommersion.com/demos/portlets/demoshell.html#demos for the kind of graph I'd like to include in a spreadsheet. Thanks, Tom Tom, see if this will work for you http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/Speedometer.html -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Exc...

Problem with charting Net income vs Year
Im having some problems with my Excel chart. It will not plot Net Income vs Year. It keeps trying to treat Year as a different data series. It will work if I use text i.e. a1990, a1991, etc. but it refuses to use 1990, 1991... Any Ideas??? Use an "XY (Scatter)" chart, instead of a "Line" chart. Jerry Hunter wrote: > Im having some problems with my Excel chart. It will not plot Net Income vs Year. It keeps trying to treat Year as a different data series. It will work if I use text i.e. a1990, a1991, etc. but it refuses to use 1990, 1991... Any Ideas??? Delete the co...

Lower Price Officina Del Tempo Casablanca Marine Men's Watch OT1005B-SP
Lower Price Officina Del Tempo Casablanca Marine Men's Watch OT1005B- SP Officina Del Tempo Casablanca Marine Men's Watch OT1005B-SP Link : http://www.aaa-replica-watch.com/officina_del_tempo_casablanca_OT1005B_SP.html Buy the cheapest Officina Del Tempo Casablanca Marine Men's Watch OT1005B-SP in toppest Fake . www.aaa-replica-watch.com helps you to save money! officina-del-tempo-casablanca-OT1005B-SP , Officina Del Tempo Casablanca Marine Men's Watch OT1005B-SP , Replica , Cheap , Fakes , imitation , Officina Del Tempo Watches Officina Del Tempo Casablanca Marine Men's...

what is the function and name is of the symbol in each table cell.
Under Paragraph I clicked the Show/Hide Symbol icon so I can now see a symbol at the end of each text within a table cell. I wondered what that is so I tried to use Help to find out. I did find help that mapped a word (like paragraph) into a symbol. But I can't find anywhere where if I know the symbol it will tell me the meaning. Can you tell me how to find such info? Or maybe you can tell me what the function and name is of the symbol in each table cell. Thanks I'm sorry, I meant to sent this to the Word group. Of course, I wouldn't mind getting the info...

Excel for Customer History Records
Hello, can anyone direct me to an existing template that can be used to track customer enquiries and feedback. It needs an efficient way of recording follow up & response conversations. In a standard workbook layout if you type loads of text into a column (say 'follow up' for instance), it pushes all the rows so far down the spreadsheet it quickly becomes unwieldy. If anyone can help I could e mail an example of what we're using now (awful) and after having a chuckle at our expense maybe you can suggest something more appropriate. We're running 2003. Many thanks --...

Need Help With GP Item Pricing
GP ITEM PRICING I need to use “Bucket Pricing” for items in GP. For example below is the pricing schedule that I need to use. First 20 …………….$ 1.75 Next 280 ……………… 1.36 Next 700 ……………… 1.23 Next 2,000 ……………… 1.09 Over 3,000 ……………… .82 So if I had a Qty. of 350 it would be as follows 20 * 1.75 = 35 280 * 1.36 = 380.80 50 * 1.23 = 61.50 Total : $477.30 In GP I can only set it up to do a “Quantity Range” in the Item Price List Maintenance window. Problem is if I set it up that way and enter a quantity of 350 it will default to the $1.23 ...

How do I make X-values of a chart dependent on values in cells?
Greetings. I have a chart which can go from x-value 0 to x-value 200. However I'd like to be able to input min X-value into a cell, and a max X-valu into a cell, and the x-value in the chart changes to reflect that. Is it possible to do that? Thanks for any replies. K -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, There is no automatic way to do this but take a look a Tushar's AutoChart Manager for a possible solution. (http://www.tushar-mehta.com/) Cheers Andy Kashgarinn < wrote: > Greetings. > > I have a chart which can go from x-value 0 to x-value 200...

Minimum Price
Well we figured out what was wrong with our discount lists we were putting in the discounted price rather than the actual discount! So now we are wondering how to set a minimum price of $500. Is there a way to set minimums up? ...

Pie Chart Plot Area Moves
After printing a pie chart, the plot area relocates itself. I wrote a procedure to bring it back to the designated "top" and "left" coordinates the next time the sheet is activated, but the plot area doesn't relocate until the sheet is activated a SECOND time. Does anyone know how to fix? Thank you. ...

how do i read directly off of a chart
i've set up a callibration curve in excel, I have experimental x values and want to obtain the corresponding y values without using FORECAST, TREND tec. any ideas? Mark - Search the newsgroup archives for 'interpolate' http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search or if you want to try to match the smoothed curve Excel draws arbitrarily through points, google the groups for 'Dave Braden' and 'cubic spline', or go to Brian Murphy's site, and look for the Excel Stuff link, which includes a treatment of the bezier function used by Excel to draw this curve:...

Altering the range that is plotted by a chart via VBA
Good morning all. I haven't really done a huge amount on charting, so I'm sure you'll think that these questions are a bit simplistic, but here goes! I plot a chart from a worksheet that contains three columns of data - the X axis contains week numbers, and is in B29:B54. Actual hours are entered in F29:F24 and cumualtive hours in G29:G24. The cumulative formula is of the form: =SUM($F$29:F29) So, each week, in order to plot another week's data, I have to copy this cumulative formula down by one cell, which, considering I have a lot of these reports, is a bit time cons...

Line Chart;Linear Trend; What's the Math behind it
Hi, Do you know what the math is behind the Linear Trendline which results when right clicking on a line chart? Thanks, John -- John Whyte The "Linest" function in Excel help has an explanation. -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware (Excel Add-ins / Excel Programming) "JohnW" <JohnW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message Hi, Do you know what the math is behind the Linear Trendline which results when right clicking on a line chart? Thanks, John -- John Whyte Thanks, Jim. I did try help but I was search...

Activity History Order Chronologicaly
Is there a way to order the activity history by data and time completed? My users would like to be able to take a look at history and see what was the list activity that they had with an account or contact or lead and continue where they left off, but know it seems like they have to open and close a whole bunch of history to see where they are standing. Thanks. Hi you could use this unsupported work-a-round to add the collom: http://crm/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000 010001900} You can see the GUIDs i SavedQueryBase remember this is UNSUPPORTED. or you ...

Cannot Edit Charts in PPT2007
Problem: I cannot edit Charts after they are created and save. When I click on the Edit for the chart, task manager indicates the EXCEL.EXE task is launched, but the worksheet does not appear. When creating a new presentation and a new chart, everything works the way it should. After saving the presentation, Its broken? This must be some sort of Registry setting, I've re-installed Office 2007 Standard, run Diagnostics, all to no avail. The Same saved presentation works properly on another PCs Powerpoint 2007 in the same office. Have you installed SP2 for Office 2007? -- ...