Burn Backup File to CD - Money 2000

What is the trick to backing up a Money 2000 file to CD with Windows
2000?  I tried to burn my .mny file to CD, then test it by copying it
back to disk and opening it.  I get the error message:

---------------------------
Microsoft Money
---------------------------
'J:\CurrentMoneyFile' is corrupted or is not a Money data file. Make
sure you are opening a file with an MNY extension. If you have chosen
the correct file and it could not be accessed, you will need to open
your most recent backup file to access your data.
---------------------------

I did remove the Read-Only property from the test file, and it still
doesn't work.  The original file is encrypted - is that part of the
problem?

Thanks,
Teffy
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Teffy wrote:

>What is the trick to backing up a Money 2000 file to CD with Windows
>2000?  I tried to burn my .mny file to CD, then test it by copying it
>back to disk and opening it.  I get the error message:

Congratulations on that!

>---------------------------
>Microsoft Money
>---------------------------
>'J:\CurrentMoneyFile' is corrupted or is not a Money data file. Make
>sure you are opening a file with an MNY extension. If you have chosen
>the correct file and it could not be accessed, you will need to open
>your most recent backup file to access your data.
>---------------------------
>
>I did remove the Read-Only property from the test file, and it still
>doesn't work.  The original file is encrypted - is that part of the
>problem?

That's quite weird. Try a round-trip burn to CD and copy back to
hard drive. In a command window, the "fc" command will let you
compare two files bit by bit.

The more common file to burn is the *.mbf backup file; that can be
compressed. However copying the .mny file does have some potential
advantages. For example, salv.exe works on a *.mny file and not on a
*.mbf file.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
4/1/2004 3:26:47 PM
To answer my own question - remove encryption before burning to CD.
After copying the new file from CD back to a hard drive, remove the
Read Only designation before trying to open it with Money.

Teffy

WGSGNUAYHTTE@spammotel.com (Teffy) wrote in message news:<49920a43.0404010209.460a9b9b@posting.google.com>...
> What is the trick to backing up a Money 2000 file to CD with Windows
> 2000?  I tried to burn my .mny file to CD, then test it by copying it
> back to disk and opening it.  I get the error message:
>
> ---------------------------
> Microsoft Money
> ---------------------------
> 'J:\CurrentMoneyFile' is corrupted or is not a Money data file. Make
> sure you are opening a file with an MNY extension. If you have chosen
> the correct file and it could not be accessed, you will need to open
> your most recent backup file to access your data.
> ---------------------------
>
> I did remove the Read-Only property from the test file, and it still
> doesn't work.  The original file is encrypted - is that part of the
> problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Teffy

Backup address book ?????
If i am going to restore outlook express how do i backup my address book as to not loose them on the restore or fresh install. ?? Thks Tim This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an outlook express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for O...

Compressing xml file
I am using sharpziplib ti compress & zip an XML file. But the compression ration is very bad for this utility compared to that i do with winzip. Any idea how to integrate winzip with our VB.net application to compress xml files. Or is there any other utility to do the kob Devesh "Devesh Aggarwal" <solutions@unieme.com> schreef in bericht news:#TwLpW8kDHA.1708@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I am using sharpziplib ti compress & zip an XML file. But the compression > ration is very bad for this utility compared to that i do with winzip. Any > idea how to integrate...

Publisher 2000 file keeps closing when I try to work in upper lef.
Every time I try to open a text box, insert a picture or resize anything in the upper left hand portion of page 1 on my 4-page publication, the program closes and Microsoft Error Reporting comes up. This happened to me in another document, so i started all over again in this new one. Any ideas? I have installed all my applicable updates... Any chance you'd send it to me to take a look at it? If so, send it to jl dot paules at gmail dot com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Amy~Lynne" <Amy~Lynne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89E12002-...

File Sharing Problems
Can anyone explain this error/information message to me? - "The file 'filename.xls' may have been changed by another user since you last saved it. In that case, what do you want to do?" Options are to Save a Copy or Overwrite Changes. The file is not being shared with anyone else - it comes up whenever making general saves in Excel. -THANKS! Hi try deleting all files in your TEMP directory, reboot your computer and try again -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Kristi - Skills Group" <KristiSkillsGroup@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im...

Computer won't read files.
When we try to open files in Excel or Word the computer tells us that the file can't be read or it is unavaileable. Dose anybody know why we can't retrieve our files? Thank You, Gaile Storm Hi Gaile it might help if you let us know: -your operating system -version of excel & word you have installed, including service packs (found under help / about) - whether this is a new problem - whether you can create files in these programs - if you can create and save can you then open & view these files? and anything else that may impact on using these files. Cheers JulieD "...

Outlook 2000 not fully closing
Windows XP Home Edition Outlook 2000 Everytime I open and close Outlook, another instance of the program will show up in Windows Task Manager. If I open and close Outlook three times, there will be three instances of Outlook in Windows Task Manager. I also get an email notification in the system tray, with the program closed, even though I've unchecked the notification box. Know what's going on? Thanks. Some common reasons why Outlook will not shut down completely when you click either the X or Exit: 1. PDA synchronization software with your PDA in the cradle. 2. WinFax Pro (e...

Access 2000 to 97 Conversion
I built a library database for a client in 2000, it uses several check boxes and compb boxes to perform filtering and works well in 2000. In the 97 it does not first it does not like a method I use called application.name and then it does not like the Replace statement I use in my SQL. Everything else works well. The only difference I find in the two is basicall the Microsoft 8.0 objects in the 97 version and the Microsoft 9.0 objects in the 2000. Hen I try to change the 97 version to the 9.0 I am told there is a name conflict and will not permit the selection and when I try to d...

Writing XML File from Dataset
Read many of the posting but still doen't understand the process. I have a dataset with child records. I have a specific XML "Account.XSD" format that I need to write this out to. How do I marry these (2) items to create the output file. Dim dataSet As DataSet = New DataSet("AccountRecord") PremisesAdapter.Fill(dataSet, "Premises") SupAdapter.Fill(dataSet, "Supplemental") cn.Close() Dim AccountRecord As DataRelation = dataSet.Relations.Add("Prem_Species", _ data...

Example using MFC WinInet classes with POST of FILE and other INPUT data
I am looking for a good example for POSTing both FILE and other INPUT data to a URL. I understand that the FILE must use a multi-part encoding but I do not understand how the atcual file contents get POSTed or how the INPUT data gets POSTed also. I am guessing the INPUT data can be added as part of the query parameters to the URL. ...

Money in Italian
Hi all, i'm using the trial of money 2004. I like this program but i'm asking if exists an italian version cause in the english aren't listed italian banks. Thanks to all I don't believe one exists any longer...it looks like the last Italian version was 2000. http://www.microsoft.com/italy/money/ -Gary "Spaten" <spaten@albaclick.com> wrote in message news:57uHc.42759$GQ3.1132596@twister2.libero.it... Hi all, i'm using the trial of money 2004. I like this program but i'm asking if exists an italian version cause in the english aren't listed ital...

Compress pictures in word 2000
Hi How can i compress the pictures in my document using word 2000. I can not find it in format picture and am now at a loss -- Thank you for reading my post. Hopefully you can answer my querie ...

How do I make Tags appear in a Process flowsheet in VISIO 2000 ?
Hi I am using Visio 2000 to create a process flowsheet. I am unable to see any Tags for the process equipments drawn on the sheet. Even the Hide Tag doesnt seem to be working. How do i make the Tags show up ? Thanks, Rahul Can you right click on the page to turn them on? Do you see the Process Engineering menu appear in the menu bar? -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Rahul" <Rahul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6789D41-D698-4F16-A4A9-231FD124A24D@microsoft.co...

Microsoft Excel ASC II Text Files
How do I convert an Excel spreadsheet into this type of file in order to import to another program such as "MaiList & AddressBook" Hi Bill try saving as 'CSV' file in the Save As dialog. This is a comma separated text (ASCII) file HTH Frank Bill Cadwallader wrote: > How do I convert an Excel spreadsheet into this type of > file in order to import to another program such > as "MaiList & AddressBook" ...

PDF file

Developing for Money
Hi, is it possible to develope add ins or third party tools for ms money users. I'm an expert .net developer and i'd really like to develop and market my own unique tools for users of ms money i.e different ways of viewing data that may only be of interest to certain people and not included in the software. Is there an SDK or an online resource on this subject? Ben Sautner admin@mantisware.net www.mantisware.net Nope. MS have carefully kept all this information very close to their chest! -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.m...

Install of Money Pocket PC 2004
I have installed Money Pocket PC 2004 with my pocket pc running Windows Mobile 2003 software. It tells me that I don't have Money installed on my desktop, but I do. I am running Money 2003 on my desktop. Until my recent upgrade on to MObile 2003, I was using Money on my Pocket PC just fine. Now, I can't get it to work. Any ideas here? Instructions said that you have to use Money 2004 on Mobile 2003, go figure. I'm getting frustrated here. I NEED my money back on the pocket pc. Look at http://discussion.brighthand.com/showthread.php?s=ed6046dd25f94e3691a9c2be46 88583c&a...

Outlook 2000 & Vista #2
Can anyone tell me whether Outlook 2000 (from Ofice 2000) is compatible with Vista? If so, where might I find support to complete the installation? I keep getting an "Operation Cancelled" message anytime I try to sign in or set Outlook 2000 as my default. Thanks -- Steve Only 2003 and above is fully compatible OL2k is out of support as is OLxp "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ACAE99AB-0EAB-4523-9304-AFAB18AB724C@microsoft.com... > Can anyone tell me whether Outlook 2000 (from Ofice 2000) is compatible > with > Vista? I...

Excel Services Publish
I have a 64 bit client (Windows Server 2008) and my colleague has Windows 7 64 bit client. We are trying to publish an Excel 2007 document to MOSS, which is running under https, and is sitting on a 64 bit operating system. We keep getting the "File Not Saved" error when we try to publish from our clients. However, a 3rd colleague has Windows XP 32 bit and can publish the same exact Excel files just fine up to the very same MOSS location we tried on the 64 bit clients. Can someone from MSFT confirm that this is an issue with 64 bit clients? Can you present a solut...

Oulook Backup
I recently updated to Outlook 2003. I tried to install Backup 2003. I get the error message, must remove old version, answer yes to the next question. I answer yes, I get the error message uninstall via Control Panel. I don't have the old version in the control panel. How do I un-install and or install XP/2003. You checked the Add/Remove Programs applet dialogue? "limeybiker" <abbl(nospam)@att.net> wrote in message news:LGV4f.151771$qY1.151354@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... > I recently updated to Outlook 2003. > > I tried to install Backup 2003. &g...

Retrieving a File
I need to set up a procedure to automatically retrieve a file(s) and send to a printer at a specified time (6:45) everyday. I'm not that familiar with VBA and have no idea where to start. Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction to start this. Thanks! Tammy for starters try this Sub PrintFile() Workbooks.Open FileName:="C:\Temp\Test FILE.xls" ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True Application.OnTime TimeValue("06:45:00"), "PrintFile", TimeValue("06:45:10"), True End Sub --- Message posted from http://www...

Money 2004 freezes while loading up...
Not sure if anyone faced this problem. Started about a week ago... perhaps when I installed some Windows XP and IE 6 critical updates... not sure. The problem is pretty simple. When I launch Money 2004, it just freezes up halfway through the loading process. The login screen is loaded a little bit (the title bar etc.) Nothing more. The only time it works is if the first application I launch after I reboot is Money. If I surf the web before I launcn Money, it does not work. Makes me wonder if IE6 is somehow causing the problem. I use MSN Premium on a P4 running on XP Home Edition. I d...

money 2006 freezes when starting up and checking for software upda
I had a problem before in which i was getting an error message every time i tried ti start msmoney 2006 and it would shut itself down. Now, after reinstalling SP2, every time i try to open msmoney is freezes with the windows where is says: "Please wait while Microsoft Money 2006 check for software updates. This might take several minutes." I left it sitting there for a couple hours and nothing happens. I can't even restart the computer, since after a while it freezes the whole thing. Thanks in advance, Juan ...

previewing windows files in Outlook
Is there a way to preview or auto preview Windows documents using Outlook? I have placed shortcuts to various windows folders on my Outlook bar. When I open the folders in Outlook, there is no AutoPreview or preview pane feature. I would like to view these files in Outlook without having to open each file. I use Outlook 2000. Peter Henderson <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to preview or auto preview Windows > documents using Outlook? I have placed shortcuts to > various windows folders on my Outlook bar. When I open > the folders in...

Installed from CD, apps in "trial" mode #2
I went through the whole procedure again. Here is the list of files in the Trash: com.microsoft.Office.prefs.plist com.microsoft.Excel.prefs.plist com.microsoft.Entourage.prefs.plist com.microsoft.Entourage.plist com.microsoft.OfficeNotifications.plist Office Font Cache (11) Microsoft Office ACL [English] OLE Registration Database 11 OfficeSync Prefs Custom Dictionary Office 11 First Run Entourage Preferences Proofing Tool Preferences Office Registration Cache 11 OK, the Remove Office tool is operating correctly, there's something else wrong. Check back in a few days, I'm escalatin...

Can't enter activation key for Money Plus Deluxe
My activation key for Money Plus Deluxe is composed of one group of two letters and then five groups of five letter/number combinations. I can only enter four letter/number combinations in the activation boxes. When I try to enter the fifth letter/number, I get a "ping" and it won't enter. Therefore, I can't activate my program. Any ideas?? Thanks! Chuck, check out http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941425/en-us question 15 might resolve your problem. Hope this helps. -Kevin "Chuck" <chleven@msn.com> wrote in message news:ux$j%23HO9IHA.4608@TK2MSF...