Budgeted items in Cashflow forecast not showing.

Hi,

I have ticked the box under 'customise forecast' to say I want budgeted
amounts included in my forecast but it only uses actual bill transactions.

For example.. I have rent, car insurance etc as direct debits scheduled
every month which it includes in the forecast. But... Food and Fuel I have as
an item under my budget as it varies..these are not included.

It does not give me a realistic cash flow forecast.

Any ideas. Thanks.

In UK so we don't get full support here :(
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Money displays my budgeted amounts just fine as long as the right accounts
are selected at the top of the Cash Flow window.  Maybe you don't have the
right account(s) selected?  Are your Food/Fuel paid from different accounts
than your Bill transactions.

For whatever its worth I don't used budget amounts in my Cash Flow
forecasts, only scheduled Bills.  That method is much more accurate and my
cash flow projections are always correct to within a few dollars a month. I
pay for everything possible with credit cards so my Food, Fuel etc are on
credit cards.  I simply schedule an estimated credit card payment in Bills
every month to cover the cash flow from all those misc expenses.  Any
expense that cannot be paid with a credit card is a scheduled bill.  This
method allows super accurate cash flow forecasts.

I do budget separately for Food, Fuel, etc but I do not use the budget for
Cash Flow projections because budgets are never accurate enough since they
are subject to constant change and irregular payments.

I also run the Cash Flow projection only on one account, our main checking
account, through which I funnel all income and all expenses.  This allows
super accurate cash flow projections on our total financial position.   We
have many other accounts but with electronic transfers it is now easy to use
a single checking account as a conduit for all cash flow.

Regards

Bill Wood

"anonymousdog" <anonymousdog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have ticked the box under 'customise forecast' to say I want budgeted
> amounts included in my forecast but it only uses actual bill transactions.
>
> For example.. I have rent, car insurance etc as direct debits scheduled
> every month which it includes in the forecast. But... Food and Fuel I have
> as
> an item under my budget as it varies..these are not included.
>
> It does not give me a realistic cash flow forecast.
>
> Any ideas. Thanks.
>
> In UK so we don't get full support here :(

0
nospam7515 (2084)
11/1/2009 3:28:23 PM
Others will correct me if I am wrong but I think Money can generate two
rather different types of forecast.

It can forecast 'cash flow' and uses past transactions to do that.
It can forecast how much you will have after paying bills and it uses budget
figures to do that.

Like Bill Wood, I use the second type and make very little use of the first
type.

If you are new to Money, have set up lots of scheduled payments (and
income), but have not yet got much transaction history, then the two types
of forecast will be very different. Later, your budget may reflect the
typical amounts that you know (from history) you are likely to spend on food
and drink, and the forecasts will converge.

HTH

teabag

"anonymousdog" <anonymousdog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have ticked the box under 'customise forecast' to say I want budgeted
> amounts included in my forecast but it only uses actual bill transactions.
>
> For example.. I have rent, car insurance etc as direct debits scheduled
> every month which it includes in the forecast. But... Food and Fuel I have
> as
> an item under my budget as it varies..these are not included.
>
> It does not give me a realistic cash flow forecast.
>
> Any ideas. Thanks.
>
> In UK so we don't get full support here :(

0
nobody3086 (71)

Copying sent items
Is there a way to copy all sent items from a group of users to the dept supervisor? I know that you can create a client side rule to do this, but I am looking for other options since the users could actually turn this rule off. Running Exchange 5.5 and using Outlook 2000. Thanks for any help Better to journal if your goal is to save all the emails. On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 07:11:05 -0700, "cglady2000" <cglady2000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to copy all sent items from a group of users to the dept >supervisor? I know that you can create a clien...

HELP: Deleted Items Limit Set to 0 days does not work!
Hi Gurus, I've set the Deleted Items Limit to 0 days from the Deletion Setting at the Mail store level but when i delete an item from one of the mailbox it does not removed from the server immediately. Has anyone come accross this issue? Please advice. Thanks in advance On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 20:20:23 +0800, "hanafiah" <hanafiahh@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi Gurus, > >I've set the Deleted Items Limit to 0 days from the Deletion Setting at the >Mail store level but when i delete an item from one of the mailbox it does >not removed from the server immediat...

Add non-inventory item in MO Reciept entry (Unit Cost)
Dear All, I am using the (Add Component) button on the MO Reciept entry screen to add some non-inventory items, I notice that the decimal places for the unit cost is (2) although my Functional currency is (3). Kindly advice for the reason behind this, or if there is any setup required for that. Thanks Dear, Go to Tools --> Setup --> Purchasing --> Purchase Order Processing Find Decimal Places for Non-inventoried Items, click on the Expantion Button near to the Currency Field and set the decimal places for you curreny. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS S...

words no fully showing up
When I use a pulldown menu on a web page, the words are covering each other up. It's like the space used is too small. Could this have anything to do with my resolution? On Jan 5, 7:46=A0pm, chaos <ch...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I use a pulldown menu on a web page, the words are covering each oth= er > up. =A0It's like the space used is too small. =A0Could this have anything= to do > with my resolution? Depending on what you use as a browser, you can reset the font size but that may not suit you as far as the rest of the PC looks with th...

KITTING WITH SERIALISED ITEMS
CAN KITTING BE DONE FOR SERIALISED ITEMS? IF NOT THE BEST SOLUTION ...

New users not showing up in GAL
We have a single site, single server, Exchange 2003 implementation. Until yesterday we only had one information store inside our single storage group, which contains accounts for faculty and staff. Since we needed to create accounts for students we decided to create a new 'students' store, and were able to create accounts that appear to function just fine. However, users in the 'faculty/staff' store can not see the users from the 'students' store in the GAL. They can send email messages to these accounts, they just don't show up. Any ideas how to make the ...

Forwarding a news item
Using Outlook 2002 on WinXP. I use it for both mail and news. This morning I tried to forward an item from the newsreader (it says "Microsoft Outlook Newsreader" at the top of the screen), and was told there was a problem with my communications setup. How can I diagnose this? And can I forward an item from the newsreader to parties in my mail address book? Thanks. -- ----------------------------------------------------- Jeffrey Needle jeff.needle@gmail.com ...

how to hide a empty txtbox and show a label??
Hello Guys, I have a report and I'm trying to do the following: If a record has a null value for "Worker" then I want to show a label called "Vacant". I've tried to put the following in various placed (using the code button) but can't seem to figure it out. The report is based on a join query from 2 tables, one table "MasterData" contains the people and "Jobs" contains the various information about the jobs (payrange, hiredate etc...) TIA, _Bigred Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer) If IsNull(Me!Worker) Then Me!Worker.Visib...

show attachments in header of printed sent email
Hi - any help gratefully received. I just switched from OE to Outlook and find that although screen view shows details of the attachments to sent emails these dont show when I print out the emails. In other words, I am having to handwrite on print out of sent email "attached ..........". It makes no difference whether I tick the option to print out the attachment at the same time as the email itself either. Hope I've made myself clear!!!! Sandy sandieblue <sandieblue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi - any help gratefully received. I just switched fro...

Entourage Reminders showing dates for next month overdue
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Email Client: pop Recently my reminder window has been showing me events as overdue, but upon looking closer find the date showing as next months events. Why are late December dates showing as overdue in November. The are events that occur monthly and are set up to remind 2 to 3 days in advance. On Nov 26, 5:24=A0pm, tankmas...@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power = PC Email Client: pop Recently my reminder window has been showing me events= a...

Pop up calendar won't show in Excel 2000
A pop up calendar in a form created in Excel 2003 shows up as a red X in Excel 2000. Is there a patch that can be downloaded. Need help! Juls It is probably because the newer file used a control not in the older files library. You could open the VBE and see if there is a calendar control under Tools>References... and try checking it. -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Juls" <Juls@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A4CD8025-CEEB-43F3-BA90-90C4A64F9D14@microsoft.com... >A pop up ca...

New contacts not showing when selecting the "To" button on a new e
Hello, If I add a new contact in Outlook 2003. Then I go to compose a new email. When I select the "To" buttom and either search or look for the new contact I created. It doesn't not show up. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Tony Two possibilities: 1. Your Contact doesn't have a resolved, valid electronic address 2. You did not add the Contact to the same folder you are displaying in the address book view. -- Russ Valentine "Tony414" <Tony414@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE3B3E10-8FCD-4840-8924-5B33D99A1F25@mi...

How To Show Drag Image while Dragging Item?
I use MFC 4.2. There are 2 CListCtrls in my app. I am implementing a drag and drop function from one list to another. How to show the drag image when I still choose which item that will accept the drop? Thank you. You can use a CImageList and store a drag image. Look at functions like CImageList ::BeginDrag, CImageList::BeginDrag | CImageList::EndDrag | CImageList::DragMove | CImageList::DragLeave. -Seetharam This article may be interesting to you. It's a little older, but it is still useful information: http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/controls/listview/dragdrop...

Catalog pictures in item list
Does anyone know of a way to display the pictures attached to the items when scrolling through the item list? I know you can click the picture button to pop up the picture, but is there a way to just have the pictures always there? I don't think there's any way out of the box. Someone may be able to write you an add-on to do that, but you would have to have a super fast processor and lots of RAM or it would probably feel like you were wading through quicksand. The overhead needed to accomplish it probably wouldn't be worth the benefit. Craig "Matt Bo" <MattBo@...

Showing a modal dialog AFTER my SDI app is visible.
Hi, I want to show a modal dialog immediatly after my SDI formview app has become visible. (at startup) (without having to press a button first). I mean i want to show a login dialog immediatly after the app. becomes active. If i do DoModal() for the login dialog somewhere in my code like in OnInitialUpdate(), the dialog appeares before the rest of the app is visible. You could set a timer at the end of OnInitialUpdate() that fires say, 1/2 second later and have it pop up the dialog and kill the timer. Tom "RAN" <nijenhuis@wish.nl> wrote in message news:1187720799.182448...

Purchased Money Premium, got new computer, now shows trial version
I purchased and downloaded Money Premium 2006 on my old computer. It upgraded and was working fine. I then got issued a new laptop from work and had to turn the old one in. I installed it on the new one from the same web download that I upgraded the old one with and now it shows that I am running a trial version. I have tried rebooting several times, created new data files and used the same passport that I purchased it with to login. I can't think of anything else to try and am starting to get a little pissed. Can anyone help me with this as MS will not let me chat or email a ...

Help creating items
I need to create these items: Luggage Set : They come 1 small- 1 medium- 1 large on every set. I need to order set and sell either sets or pieces. I tried setting the set as a parent and the pieces as childs but I am having problem with the inventory. When I order a set the qty for small-medium-large should increase 1 for each one, when I sell a set, qty for small-medium-large should decrease 1 for each one If I sell a medium luggage the qty for that piece should decrease, not the qty for the set. I do not need to reorder by piece, only by sets. Can somebody help me on this matter?? Fab...

show Global contact list in nav
We just switched over to exchange 2k3 and we have outlook clients. I want to know how to display the global address list(contacts) in the left nav pane along with the user's normal contacts. It's not appearing by default. The global address list is not the same as contacts. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Brett Michaels From Poison" <jms504@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1127420691.086686.73310@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > We just switched over to exchange 2k3 and we have outlook clients. > I ...

Business Contacts
Just found this site - exciting to learn from the experts! I have a long list of business contacts sorted by Accounts. Unfortunately, I clicked the Accounts column while in the Business Contacts view, and all those accounts disappeared from the column. Now all my contacts are ungrouped (over 3,000). Each individual contact still retains its Linked Account designation, but those accounts are no longer organized via that filter. Can anyone help with bringing back that category to my Business Contacts view? I hope this explanation makes sense. Thanks so much in advance. . Sub...

Menu items disappear
I'm running a Microsoft Office X for Mac and yesterday I noticed that the "Undo" option in the Edit menu had disappeared. Poof! Gone. Later, I also noticed that the "Symbols" option in the Insert menu was also gone. What's happened and what can I do about it? The first consideration is that Office (10.1.9) & whatever version of OS X be fully updated & that disk permissions have been repaired using the OS X Disk Utility app or comparable utility. I don't remember that version of Office too well, but you need to go into the dialog window f...

Show Discount on SOP Invoice or nothing if 0
I am trying to create a calculated field on the bottom of the SOP Blank Invoice to show the discount amount if paid by the due date. I just can't seem to get it to work. It should be easy but I've wasted too much time already. thanks I have not looked at this field when discounts available are not posted to the GL but there is a field in the SOP10100 called Discount Available Amount (DISAVAMT) as well as amounts for Misc and Freight charges. Try these fields or a sum of the 3 in a calculation if they are properly populated. And let me know if this works! -- Richard L. Whale...

Item Modifier error/MPA01000
We are running Item Modifier but we are getting Primary Key errors on MPA01000. Currently our Item Numbers are UPC Numbers but we are switching over to Friendly Short Names- this is causing problems in the MPA01000 table since some items are in there with the Friendly Short Names already (not sure how that happened, plus it even has some non-inventory items). The question is: does anyone know where this MPA01000 table links up to a window (in GP8 or Dynamics9) or how this table gets populated? We need to clean out this info but we don't want to delete directly out of the table ...

Users not showing in GAL
Hi i know this topic as been discussed but i cant seem to find the posting In Exchange 2003 when i add a new user the user i see the user in the 'All Users' section of the address book but the user does not show in the Global Address Book. The same goes for a Universal Distuibution List I have Rebuilt and Updated the Recipent Update Service and no luck. Please help..... Also... When i do a preview of the Default Address Book from the Exchange System Manager all users are displayed. Have you got the tick in the "Hide from exchange address lists" under the Exchange Advance...

Email 'From' field showing email address and not full name?
I've looked everywhere and can't find anything on this issue. I'm running Exchange 2003 on a Server 2000 box. When we email to outside servers (yahoo, gmail, etc) the from field shows the user's email address (eg: bob@microsoft.com) instead of their name (eg: Bob Jones). I've verified that the Display Name, Alias, and Simple Display Name fields in exchange all have the user's First and Last name. Any ideas, I'm stumped. Thanks, Chris Yes that's a hard one to find. In ESM go into Global Settings and click Internet Message Formats. Then in the right pane, rig...

"Private" as Default Calendar Item Setting possible?
I want to force my Outlook2000 to mark every new calendar entry as "private". Until yet I did not find any solution - anybody who can help me? Thank you! You will need to do this manually - there is no option to mark everything private by default in Outlook 2000. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Gerd asked: | I want to force my Outlook2000 to mark every new calendar...