Budget Wont Save

I have have Money 2002 for awhile and have never been
able to save a budget and start a new one.  I decided to
start over with a new file, but once I get all my info
back in there, it still won't save.  MS has no info in
the KB about this. Anyone else have this issue?
0
crashball (1)
2/1/2004 5:02:01 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Save Function and Macro Question
Some of my worksheets will ask me if I want to save upon exit even when I make no changes, and some don't. I believe it has something to do with a prior link that has been deleted. Also, a similar situation, upon opening a worksheet, the "macro warning" window comes up even though I have no macro. I started to write a macro and then deleted it. I still get the warning. These are just annoying. Some functions in excel are "volatile", they will re-calculate every time excel is opened, this will make the worksheet change even if you don't make any changes. Here are ...

System Attendant wont start
This morning my system Attendant service wont start and thus causing my IS and MTA not to start. Everytime I want to start it manually it tells me that the service started but then stopped. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. there must be something in your event logs? "Vic" <Vic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C19D9CE-DF75-4D3B-A9B3-97A06B4A0778@microsoft.com... > This morning my system Attendant service wont start and thus causing my IS > and MTA not to start. Everytime I want to start it manually it tells me that > the service started...

save .snp file as system date and time
Hi, I'm trying to save a .SNP file in a specific directory and with the current time and date. The file is saved in the specified directory, but he's always saved as today.snp here is the code: Dim stDocName As String Dim today today = Now stDocName = "suporte_encomenda" DoCmd.OutputTo acReport, stDocName, "Snapshot Format", "l:\docs\today.snp" could anyone help me, please??? -- Thanks, Sorry if my english isn''t correct, but I''m from Potugal ;) Emanuel Violante Galeano First off, you didn't define a d...

Sheet not filled propery before save?
Hi there I have a sheet which has entries for each person. If the Person i maked as Billed then the bill for each month goes into the relevan cell on that row. Can I run a macro (maybe when I go to save the file) which will tell m that not every cell was filled and that I should go back and fill i the relevant cells. Cheers Padrai -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com something like. for each c in selection if c.value="" then msgbox "go back" next -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "pobuckley >" <<pobuckley.16k40l@excel...

Publisher files saved to a server 2003 open slowly if at all
I have xp computers running office 2007 all clients save files to a server 2003 equiped dell sc4400 server. When office 2003 was opertaing all clients opened fast from the server. With Office 2007 installed all server files open very slowly. I do not have Office 2007 installed on my server. Could this be the problem? All clients run slowly since the change to office 07 I cannot find anything I should have done to inform my server of the change to Office 07. Please Help. ...

creating a macro for a "Save As" box
How do I create a macro that will display the "Save As" dialog box? When I create it using the the Macro Wizard, it doesn't bring up the "Save As" window. It just saves at the previous location and name. My attempts to alter the VBA code have failed. hi, add this to the macro wizard code Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSaveAs).Show regards FSt1 "MysticMarley" wrote: > How do I create a macro that will display the "Save As" dialog box? When I > create it using the the Macro Wizard, it doesn't bring up the "Save As" > w...

Can I fix this excel2000 spreadsheet? It won't save.
Hello! Our shared spreadsheet which does nothing more complex than store data crashes whenever we try to save it. Other spreadsheets are fine, and I've tried copying and renaming it. Detect and repair was no help, as I haven't got the installation source. Thanks, Haji ...

Setup a budget by percentage?
I have an older version on Money and would consider upgrading if I could set up a budget based on a percentage(s) of net income rather than a fixed amount. This would be helpful for anyone with a fluctuating income. In other words, I could set up the budget with, say, 10% of net income, for clothing rather than $x (which I may or may not have since my income goes up and down). Is this an available feature? Thanks. I could be wrong as I don't use the budget but I believe that is just what was introduced in M2007. Why not download a trial and see what you think? -- Regards Bob Peel...

Daylight savings time blues
Despite having the time zone widget set to automatically adjust for daylight savings time, many of our XP machines are giving users bogus times in their Outlook calendars (an hour off from the folks calling the meeting, for example). These users are all in the same time zone. Examination of our domain's workstations using a WMI Win32_TimeZone script shows that just one value is at variance: DaylightName. Manual examination of HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation shows that indeed, only this value is at variance across our domain. Some machines have it right, others do...

File size increases when open and save
When I download an excel file I save to my hard drive. The size increases geometrically every time that I open and save and all I am doing is changing the view to normal. It started on 780 kb and goes up to 23.5 MB I stopped testing at that point. Any ideas on how I can proceed on this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Problems with Money 2004
Wonder if anyone else has been having problems with items set up in Bills & Deposits randomly being reflected (or not reflected) in Budget. This is driving me up the wall. For example, I have a bill set up for rent, see it in budget - when I edit it - but it's not reflected in the budget numbers or in the budget report. Look at the annual report to see if it's reflected in the next month. Money often doesn't make new budget figures apply until the next month, for reasons I don't understand and can't predict. -- Chris Cowles, Gainesville, FL "levi" <...

No Prompt when saving
When I have a spreadsheet on a network share, it does not prompt me to save when cloing the application? It will however when it is on my local machine. How do I make it always prompt? Ron ...

Skip MsgBox in BeforeUpdate if Save Button Click = True
I have 3 buttons on my form Add Record, Save Changes, and Cancel/Refresh. They work fine. However, I put a confirmation msgbox in the BeforeUpdate event, because users are able to use the record selectors to move to another record forcing the beforeupdate/afterupdate events. From the msgbox the user can save changes, cancel changes or return to the record they were editing. That works fine too. My issue is the user experience of having to press two buttons to save changes first on the form and then the msgbox that fires in BeforeUpdate. I'd like to have some sort of conditional...

Trend line wont go through the origin
I'm doing my chemistry coursework, but when I enter the data and make a trendline, the trendline doesn't start at x=0, y=0. how can I do this? Look in the Trendline Options tab; you can specify the value required fro the intercept - in your case 0 To get the slope's value into a cell, do not copy the trendline equation but rather use the SLOPE function. I am assuming you have a linear expression (must graphs I used in teaching chem were linear); if no see my website to learn about LINEST. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email &q...

you cant save a dying terminally ill dog
I say lets put vista to sleep to end its suffering On May 1, 12:01=A0pm, "Mr Baracuda" <barac...@slim.ws> wrote: > I say lets put vista to sleep to end its suffering ---------------------------------------------------------------------------= ---------------------- Go ahead and start without me. I'm perfectly happy with Vista. Bill >I'm perfectly happy with Vista. bill is your last name gates? "vista bill" <billsrrempire@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d8069c6a-8cb1-430f-ae91-ff132edb327c@o8g2000yqo.googlegroups.com... >...

Multiple Budgets
I am unable to save and create a second budget. I click on Change Budget Settings, Save or Open a Budget, Save Current Budget, Name it and change the date range for a full year (also tried other options), Click OK and nothing happens. In the list of budgets, nothing is listed. If I select on Create a New Budget, I get a message confirming that I want to do this and it will name my current budget to "Archived Budget". Select OK, and another message pops up. It says "Your Existing Budget May be damaged and can not be archived. Do you want to proceed without archiving?&q...

If I closed an excel doc without saving can I get it back? thx
I opened up 2 version of excel and tried to close one, I forgot the other was opened and when I chose not to save it I lost my old one also. If there anyway I can get it back? I tried system restore but that was turned off also ;( Thx for any help! If that file was originally out on the drive, then you should be able to just open it up and have the pre-changes-made version of it available. However, if you were creating it from scratch and closed without saving it, then it is gone. System Restore would never help in a case like this - System Restore does not save user data; it is a...

Can not save attachment
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_010F_01C43BF8.0EACA460 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi everyone, I use Outlook Express 6. Icon attachent is invisibled I can not save = attachment from email. How can I enable it? Internet Best regards,=20 ------=_NextPart_000_010F_01C43BF8.0EACA460 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable =EF=BB=BF<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> ...

Money '04 Budget Bugs
I have many items showing in my budget that are showing as 0 dollars for CURRENT MONTH Budgeted items. Furthermore, I have several items in both the expenses and income categories that are MUCH higher than they should be. I believe this bug comes into play when you have a RECURRING expense or income and you then create a budget. Once the budget is created and you change or delete a RECURRING item, it appears that the Budget application looses its mind. At this point my income is over 5 times what it should be showing up as in my budget???? My mortgage line item is more than double w...

Excel 2002: Can I save all files by just one click ?
Hi, I have 10 working files in an active window. There is no Save All button under the file menu. May I know if I can save all the files at one click without having to exit excel ? Thanks Low This delivers it in 2 clicks ... Hold down Shift key, click File > Close All Then click "Yes to All" in the ensuing prompt to save changes Success? Celebrate it, hit the YES below -- Max Singapore --- "Mr. Low" wrote: > I have 10 working files in an active window. > There is no Save All button under the file menu. > May I know if I c...

Can't save Excel to network/mounted volume

Need a "save & close" button directly on spreadsheet
I need a button which, when clicked, will do a "Save" and close the file, exactly as if you'd clicked "Save" in the File menu. The thing is, this needs to be a button directly on the spreadsheet, next to some other buttons I have on there that run macros, NOT a button on a toolbar. Is there a macro that will do this that I can connect to a button? Thanks, Ron M. Here you go: Sub SaveAndClose() ActiveWorkbook.Save ActiveWorkbook.Close End Sub ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Ron M." <rmorgan7@austin.rr.com> wrote in message news:113...

Saving RMS documents as PDFs
We have users that are trying to save Rights Management Services-protected Office 2007 files as PDFs, but failing to do so when they do not have Acrobat installed (this works normally if the documents are not protected). Is this working as intended, or is there some sort of add-on they can acquire? Hi tremor3258, Do the problem PCs have the Word PDF/XPS converter installed? -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "tremor3258" <tremor3258@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C14E5C6D-BC94-47D2-841A-89C689C4C49B@microsoft.com... > We have...

save(append) to an excel file
The following code will copy(append) a range to a .csv file. I am looking for a way to save(append) to an excel file, rather than .csv? Sub Append2CSV() Dim tmpCSV As String 'string to hold the CSV info Dim f As Integer Dim CSVFile As String, varData As Variant Dim myRng As String Dim myRng2 As String Dim myRng3 As String myRng = Application.InputBox("Enter a number") 'Const CSVFile As String = "Z:\FILES\ACCOUNTING\PAYROLL\DAILY PROGRESS REPORTS (DPRs)\WE 5-9-10\WE 5-9-10.csv" 'replace with your filename f = FreeFile myRng2 = "A2:N&qu...

can i recover documents not recently saved after a crash?
computer just restarted itselt in the middle of doing a visio drawing. after restart it's not recovered anything! is it possible to get back? ...