Luigi
0
Luigi (12)
5/18/2005 1:10:01 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

On 2005-05-18, Luigi <Luigi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I would like to know how to exclude the transfers from the report.
> All the movement between the Bank Account and the Credit Card are included
> and this is not correct.
> In the report I want to see only the costs by date paid by credit card.

I'm not sure what you're asking for.  On the one hand it sounds
like you want to not see "Transfers out of/in to budget accounts"
in your budget report.  Then in the last statement it sounds like
you only want to see credit card transactions in your budget report,
but not bank account transactions.

These two goals are mutually exclusive.  So let me answer this way.
Here's what I think you *should* do.  (Of course, you're completely
welcome to ignore these suggestions.)

Put both your credit card account and your bank account in budget.
I don't know how to do this in M05.  I use M04 and I do it by by
clicking on one of the accounts, then clicking on "Change account
details" and checking "Include this account in the budget planner".
When you do this, you will see all transactions from your bank
account and your credit card account in the budget reports.

This is the way it should be.  When you pay your credit card bill it
is NOT an expense.  It's simply transfering money from one account
to another account.  The expenses are the individual transactions
in the credit card account.

I'm hoping that this answer gets to the heart of your question.
Please let me know if it didn't do that.
0
mark5832 (444)
5/18/2005 3:13:18 PM
Dear Mark,
your answer was very useful. In fact, I want to see in the budget report
only the individual transactions in the credit card account and not also the
bill payment.
Entering both accounts in the budget (Bank and Credit Card) it works.
Anyway, I have some investment accounts and apparently is not possible to
enter them in the budget so every time I make a movement between these
accounts (for example I buy stocks) it looks as a cost in my budget and I
think that it is not correct.
How can avoid this other problem?
Many thanks
Luigi

"Mark Horn" ha scritto:

> On 2005-05-18, Luigi <Luigi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > I would like to know how to exclude the transfers from the report.
> > All the movement between the Bank Account and the Credit Card are included
> > and this is not correct.
> > In the report I want to see only the costs by date paid by credit card.
>
> I'm not sure what you're asking for.  On the one hand it sounds
> like you want to not see "Transfers out of/in to budget accounts"
> in your budget report.  Then in the last statement it sounds like
> you only want to see credit card transactions in your budget report,
> but not bank account transactions.
>
> These two goals are mutually exclusive.  So let me answer this way.
> Here's what I think you *should* do.  (Of course, you're completely
> welcome to ignore these suggestions.)
>
> Put both your credit card account and your bank account in budget.
> I don't know how to do this in M05.  I use M04 and I do it by by
> clicking on one of the accounts, then clicking on "Change account
> details" and checking "Include this account in the budget planner".
> When you do this, you will see all transactions from your bank
> account and your credit card account in the budget reports.
>
> This is the way it should be.  When you pay your credit card bill it
> is NOT an expense.  It's simply transfering money from one account
> to another account.  The expenses are the individual transactions
> in the credit card account.
>
> I'm hoping that this answer gets to the heart of your question.
> Please let me know if it didn't do that.

0
Luigi (12)
5/19/2005 6:03:01 AM
On 2005-05-19, Luigi <Luigi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> your answer was very useful.

Glad I could help.

> Anyway, I have some investment accounts and apparently is not possible to
> enter them in the budget so every time I make a movement between these
> accounts (for example I buy stocks) it looks as a cost in my budget and I
> think that it is not correct.

No.  There's no way for you to see the investment accounts in your
budget.  And yes it looks like a cost from the budget.  That's the
way it should look.  Basically, the idea is that you're going
to decide (usually in advance) how much you're going to invest.
The budget doesn't track the progress of those investments.
The budget tells you whether or not you've gone over or under
your plan for investing.  And it does this very generically by
lumping everything together as "transfer out of budget accounts".
In my budget, the *only* transfers out of budget accounts are to
investment accounts.  As a result, that budget category tells me
how I'm doing on my plan for investments.

If you want to understand the performance of your investments to your
overall cash flow, take a look at the "Income & Spending" report.
This won't let you compare your spending to how much you planned to
spend, but it will let you look at all of your accounts and their
overall impact on your net worth.
0
mark5832 (444)

Office Standard vs. Enterprise--Prequisite?
Hello: In order to best utilize Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007, does it matter whether you have Office 2007 Standard or Enterprise? What's the difference between the two? childofthe1980s Shouldn't really make a difference to using SharePoint. Except there are more applications in Enterprise to consume your time. See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/FX101635841033.aspx and http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/suites/FX101674041033.aspx --rms www.rmschneider.com On 12/05/10 14:28, childofthe1980s wrote: > Hello: > > In orde...

Condensing and Expanding reports
Does anyone know how I can set a item report (like the item value report) to automatically condense (+ )or (-) the items in a department automatically? RMS defaults to expand the items in a given department and we would like to condense every time rather than clicking the (-) button on the report each time. I know there must be a sequel statement that lets me do this but don't know what it is... Jack, Hopefully someone else will pipe in, but rather than clicking on each (-), click on the Close all groups icon on the top of the report, the 7th icon or just press Ctrl+Z -- * &qu...

Regression
In Excel 2003, I used the Data Analysis Toolkit to perform a linear regression. Does anyone know how I see the variance of each datapoint away from the line of best fit? Tools - data analysis - regression (i dont know if there is an option in this process that will display the data i am looking for) Thanks. WA - The Regression tool has a checkbox for Residuals, in which case it provides Residuals (difference between actual Y and predicted/fitted Y) for each data point. - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com "WA" <WA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Report server Error 07-01-04
After Installing MSCRM I get the following message when trying to access Reports : The report server cannot decrypt the symmetric key used to access sensitive or encrypted data in a report server database. You must either restore a backup key or delete all encrypted content and then restart the service. Check the documentation for more information. (rsReportServerDisabled) Get Online Help Bad Data. I found "Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 842421 " that states the exact Error message but in their case it's caused because the user account that is used to run the Repo...

fixed asset date vs. GL date
Hello: I realize that the GL Posting date in the GL interface is the date of posting to the GL for asset additions. What date updates the fixed assets subledger, however, for fixed asset additions? Specifically, what I'm getting at has to do with importing fixed assets. In order to update fixed assets for fixed asset additions and to have the date of posting to fixed assets to be the end of the month, should I change the Great Plains user date to 01/31/06 when I conduct the import of the new assets? Or, does it even matter about the date of posting to the fixed assets subledger...

Custom Report / Z Type
I need a custom report that gives me information by date in a Z-report type format. The first column would be batch and/or closing date. Then the next columns I need are: COGS Deposits made Deposits redeemed Sales (net of discounts and returns, pre-tax) Paid on account Paid to account Tax collected Over/short total Closing total (for each temder type, so multiple columns) Paid out total I checked out the Z report that is floating around out there. It is a good start, but I can't seem to modify it to suit my needs. Any help? The Combined/All Z Reports that I found on the http://ww...

Budget Items do not appear in Monthly Budget Report
Hello, I've been using Money for nearly a decade to track account details and that has worked fine. Now, I've decided to start using the budgeting functionality and am extremely frustrated. I have items that show in the budget, but when I view the Monthly Budget report they are not included. What gives? The item is a simple mortgage payment setup as a "Loan Payment" bill from checking to the mortgage loan account. Please help! Thanks! Ian "R. Ian Lee" <RIanLee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C07484ED-52E3-4FA8-87EF-EB0679821972@...

Budgeting in MS Money
Hello, I hope there is an experienced Money user here who can answer a question that I can't seem to figure out. I am new to MS money, and in trying to establish a budget, I have set up a standard amount (say $40/month) for credit card payments. In trying to keep better track of my finances, I have begun using a different credit card for different items (gas on one, college expenses on the other, etc). Each of these items has its own budget amount ($80/month for gas, etc). My question is, if I have a budgeted amount for each of the categories, and then I have a budgeted amount f...

draw a horizontal line at the end of report
My report draws vertical lines in details section. How can I draw a horizontal line after last record on each page to make the table complete? Thanks. -- Lydia Liu Access/VB Programmer Have you tried adding a horizontal line in the Page Footer? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Lydia" wrote: > My report draws vertical lines in details section. How can I draw a > horizontal line after last record on each page to make the table complete? > Thanks. > > -- > Lydia Liu > Access/VB Programmer > ...

Modifying default Crystal report template on CRM 1.2
Hi, I recently added a custom schema field in Leads. Now I want the added custom field to show up in the Leads report. After I added the custom field into the report template, when I view the report Crystal Viewer returns an error, "Unable to query". Can anyone help me? Thanks. ...

weekly reports
I need to be able to get a weekly report and i need to know where I should put this in access the date range is >=and date<= to give me a report between cetain dates.Any sggestion gratefully received See: Limiting a Report to a Date Range at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-08.html You said "weekly report", so it would be possible to do this with one parameter insted of two. For example, in Method 1 of that article, you would replace: Between [StartDate] And [EndDate] with: Between [StartDate] And [StartDate] + 6 -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, West...

Creating CRM summary reports
We are using the CRM 1.2 for sales and customer service departments. Most of the reports needed by the managers are of summary type. One example is, orders by sales rep. The requirement here is to generate a report that just shows the number of cases resolved by each customer service rep for the current quarter/year. The problem I am facing is that there is no way for me to get summary of information from CRM SDK. I have to get all cases and then in crystal reports, I do a grouping by owner and hide the details tab. Though this solution works, but it ends up consuming a lot of memory ...

Posting Reports in Manufacturing-How to turn off
In regular dynamic V10, you can go to the posting options and turn off the printing (and get rid of the box asking where to send report) Where do you do the same in manufacturing? For example after a MO receipt, we do not want to print OR be asked to print a report. Right now we have to click cancel like 3 times. thanks! -- Doug Those are actually Inventory reports. Look at the report titles and then go to inventory and turn off the reports there. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check ou...

Getting error with Sample Quote Report in SQL 2000
I have downloaded the "quote, order, Invoice sample report" from www.gotdotnet.com/codegallery. The reports work fine on my VM (latest version) with SQL 2005 but it gives a SQL error on another VM with SQL 2000 SP 4. Normal built in reports work fine in this VM. Has anyone tried these sample reports on SQL 2000. I am desparately trying to resolve this issue. Our client wants a custom quote in their application and they are using SBE with SQL 2000. Please help! We have resolved this issue. We had this problem since we tried to modify the quote report on our local machine using the ...

Including "special" category transactions in a budget
Hello I was wondering if someone could help out with the following: I want to set a limit for the amount of credit card payments in my budget. To do that, I need to specify the category for the transactions that I want to track in the planner. However, when I enter a transaction for a credit card payment into the register, I have to enter it as a "special" transaction (i.e., "Credit Card Payment : MASTER card"), so that it is linked in both "From" and "To" accounts - otherwise, if I assign it to a different category, the budget planner will se...

Crystal Reports Session Timeout Error
Hello, I'm having difficulty viewing Reports in CRM. When I attempt to look at a report, I receive this message: Crystal Reports Session Timeout Your Crystal Enterprise session has expired. To continue, close this window and reopen the report. Doing what it says hasn't fixed the problem. I have restarted all servers (IIS, CRM, SQL, Crystal Enterprises) and the problem persists. Any advice on this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Jared ...

ComboBox DropDown Size: Design vs Run Time?
Hi, I was wondering, what's the reason for specifying the dropdown size of a combobox at design time? I'd say it's better to make the size as large as possible to display as much rows (and columns) without falling of the screen. Olaf van der Spek wrote: > Hi, > > I was wondering, what's the reason for specifying the dropdown size of a > combobox at design time? > I'd say it's better to make the size as large as possible to display as > much rows (and columns) without falling of the screen. Sounds reasonable. Are you having some kind of issue wit...

Stumped on Reporting issue
I have a query with a field called "Address" Address: (qryNames]![HouseNumber]) & (" "+[qryNames]![StreetNameT]) & (" "+[qryNames]![StreetTypeT]) & (" "+[qryNames]![StreetSuffixT]) & (" "+[qryNames]![AptNumber]) & (", "+[qryNames]![CityT]+",") & (" "+ [qryNames]![StateT]) & (" "+[qryNames]![Zip])) When I runt he query, things format great, this would result in: 1000 Oak Street South #101, Mytown, MN 55555 But when I build a report and drop the address field in, things for...

Report that print quotes closed or quote status
How can I print a report that display the quotes status? I mean all quotes open (no invoices done) or quotes closed (quotes converted invoice) You can edit the quote summary report and add Begin Column FieldName = "[Order].Closed" DrillDownFieldName = "" DrillDownReportName = "" Title = "Closed" VBDataType = vbBoolean Formula = "" ColHidden = False ColNotDisplayable = False FilterDisabled = False ColWidth = 1005 GroupMethod = groupmethodNone ColFormat = "" ColAlignment = flexAlignCenterCente...

Default SSRS Reports for Fabrikam: GP 2010
Are the default SSRS reports for Dynamics GP 2010 available for Fabrikam using the wizard? I've been playing around with GP 2010 and I wanted to see what the SSRS charts and metrics were like for the home page but I can't get any reports to show up for the sample company. Running SQL Server 2008 SP2 Report Server is deployed in Native mode Thanks, -- Aaron Okay, After some deeper research, I found that the Report Server for SSRS has to be deployed in a 32-bit environment in order for the SSRS wizard to work. Can anyone confirm this? I was under the im...

Access reports and forms have gray background and print as gray
My Microsoft Access reports and forms have gray background and print as gray. I had Office 2002 XP small business edition as well as Pro. i uninstalled both and installed Office 2003 no SP as of now. But i am still having the same issue. the reports look gray not white. the forms do not have a color. when i try changing the back color property, the color of the form still remains gray. One more thing is that when i try the create report/from wizards, i see shadows on the Next, Cancel buttons. This is a new computer so i dont know if anything is wrong with the video card. I dont have any othe...

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

Reports showing Days of supply and turns
DOS = Stock holding capacity / Unit Sales per day The number of days worth of sales that are stocked on the fixture Showing right balance between shelf space and delivery frequency Turns = No of days per year (365) / Days of Supply The number of times the stock of a product/category sells annually Showing how often re-stocking is required. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this l...

Favorite Reports vs. all reports
Across the top of the 'Money' application is the classic 'File', 'Edit', 'Favorites', etc menu entries. If I click on 'Favorites', then 'Favorite Reports', I see a list that fills the screen (top to bottom), and that does not scroll. I see reports beginning with A through S, and cannot get to the reports further down the list. Is there a way to make this list either a) scrollable or b) multi-columned? Below the menu row described above, there is another row 'Home', 'Banking', 'Bills', 'Reports', etc. If...

Afternoon Newspaper : Daily Market Report for Friday (October 30, 2009)
The Afternoon Downtrend Continues=85 NSE India : S&P CNX Nifty - Daily Market Report for: Friday (October 30, 2009) By Dominic Rebello Review of the Previous day: The Nifty fell substantially on Thursday (October 29, 2009) a net 75.60 points (1.57%) and closed at the 4750 point level. The market opened down, then recovered partially, post the opening of the European market, but witnessed a sharp decline in the last half an hour of trade and closed near the day low. Sentiment was extremely bearish and amongst the 50 Nifty stocks, 39 were losers, while just 11 were gainers. Heavy sellin...