Budget Bug

Does anyone know when Microsoft is going to fix the bug in the budget
planner in regard to credit cards and transfers. My budget gets totally
wacking when I add credit cards to debt planner. It looks like it includes
all the balances in the budget uder special -> debt. I have tried everything
I can thing of to stop it.

Iis it possible to set a credit card account up and have it paid in the
budget under that category. Don't tell me to check the check boxes in
account details. That does not work!!!!!!!!!!! When you make a payment it
treats it has a transfer to the credit card account. So it ends up in no
budget category. All I want to do is pay the month bill. Have it show up
under the category of credit card payments and reduce the balance in the
credit account as a result of the payment. Is anyone else having this
problem? Perhaps I am missing something here.


0
tbrackney (4)
8/3/2004 1:09:00 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

15 Replies
584 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 21

Are you tracking transaction details? Or simply paying the credit card as a
single expense transaction? I don't understand your problem.

Put the credit card in the budget. The individual transactions should affect
your budget as expenses. Payments to the credit card  from a budget checking
account shouldn't appear anywhere.

You sound aggravated. You may be frustrated at Money, but don't take it out
on people here. You'll get zero help.
-- 
Chris Cowles,
Gainesville, FL

"Tom" <tbrackney@kc.rr.com> wrote in message
news:MABPc.70505$vN3.17038@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com...
> Does anyone know when Microsoft is going to fix the bug in the budget
> planner in regard to credit cards and transfers. My budget gets totally
> wacking when I add credit cards to debt planner. It looks like it includes
> all the balances in the budget uder special -> debt. I have tried
everything
> I can thing of to stop it.
>
> Iis it possible to set a credit card account up and have it paid in the
> budget under that category. Don't tell me to check the check boxes in
> account details. That does not work!!!!!!!!!!! When you make a payment it
> treats it has a transfer to the credit card account. So it ends up in no
> budget category. All I want to do is pay the month bill. Have it show up
> under the category of credit card payments and reduce the balance in the
> credit account as a result of the payment. Is anyone else having this
> problem? Perhaps I am missing something here.
>
>


0
NoSpam1246 (979)
8/3/2004 1:29:15 AM
Others are initially confused by this as well. You are missing something
here.

What you are describing is not a bug. Let's hope they don't "fix" it.

A credit card payment is not an expense. (Nor is the special category
"Credit card payment" a category. This is just a numb-nuts name for Transfer
since many people couldn't understand Transfer. Money invented "Credit card
payment" to further confuse these same people.) You incurred the expense
when you whipped out the card to buy the groceries. That's the place to
control the expense with Budget Planner. Only when you recognize that this
is where the expense is occurring and paying the credit card bill is not
where the expense is occurring will you really be in a position to manage
your spending. This is why Money works the way it does. Paying the credit
card bill make you neither richer or poorer. BP focuses on that question.

The "Debt" category is just a way of recognizing that X amount of your
monthly income is spoken for before spending one cent on new expenses.

"Tom" <tbrackney@kc.rr.com> wrote in message
news:MABPc.70505$vN3.17038@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com...
> Does anyone know when Microsoft is going to fix the bug in the budget
> planner in regard to credit cards and transfers. My budget gets totally
> wacking when I add credit cards to debt planner. It looks like it includes
> all the balances in the budget uder special -> debt. I have tried
everything
> I can thing of to stop it.
>
> Iis it possible to set a credit card account up and have it paid in the
> budget under that category. Don't tell me to check the check boxes in
> account details. That does not work!!!!!!!!!!! When you make a payment it
> treats it has a transfer to the credit card account. So it ends up in no
> budget category. All I want to do is pay the month bill. Have it show up
> under the category of credit card payments and reduce the balance in the
> credit account as a result of the payment. Is anyone else having this
> problem? Perhaps I am missing something here.


0
8/3/2004 1:38:15 AM
Sorry for seeming ticked off. I am confused and irratated at this software.
Perhaps it has more to do with my ignorance. I guess what your saying is
that your budget should refect the expense you have when you incur them.
Correct? Since credit card payments are really "past expenses" they should
not even be in your budget. Right?


"Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in
message news:%2368aepPeEHA.1692@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Others are initially confused by this as well. You are missing something
> here.
>
> What you are describing is not a bug. Let's hope they don't "fix" it.
>
> A credit card payment is not an expense. (Nor is the special category
> "Credit card payment" a category. This is just a numb-nuts name for
Transfer
> since many people couldn't understand Transfer. Money invented "Credit
card
> payment" to further confuse these same people.) You incurred the expense
> when you whipped out the card to buy the groceries. That's the place to
> control the expense with Budget Planner. Only when you recognize that this
> is where the expense is occurring and paying the credit card bill is not
> where the expense is occurring will you really be in a position to manage
> your spending. This is why Money works the way it does. Paying the credit
> card bill make you neither richer or poorer. BP focuses on that question.
>
> The "Debt" category is just a way of recognizing that X amount of your
> monthly income is spoken for before spending one cent on new expenses.
>
> "Tom" <tbrackney@kc.rr.com> wrote in message
> news:MABPc.70505$vN3.17038@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com...
> > Does anyone know when Microsoft is going to fix the bug in the budget
> > planner in regard to credit cards and transfers. My budget gets totally
> > wacking when I add credit cards to debt planner. It looks like it
includes
> > all the balances in the budget uder special -> debt. I have tried
> everything
> > I can thing of to stop it.
> >
> > Iis it possible to set a credit card account up and have it paid in the
> > budget under that category. Don't tell me to check the check boxes in
> > account details. That does not work!!!!!!!!!!! When you make a payment
it
> > treats it has a transfer to the credit card account. So it ends up in no
> > budget category. All I want to do is pay the month bill. Have it show up
> > under the category of credit card payments and reduce the balance in the
> > credit account as a result of the payment. Is anyone else having this
> > problem? Perhaps I am missing something here.
>
>


0
tbrackney (4)
8/3/2004 1:44:47 AM
Correct. That's how Money is designed to treat this.

"Tom" <tbrackney@kc.rr.com> wrote in message
news:h5CPc.52754$6t1.8046@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com...
> Sorry for seeming ticked off. I am confused and irratated at this
software.
> Perhaps it has more to do with my ignorance. I guess what your saying is
> that your budget should refect the expense you have when you incur them.
> Correct? Since credit card payments are really "past expenses" they should
> not even be in your budget. Right?


0
8/3/2004 4:14:49 AM
I think I understand the problem; it annoys me too.

I infer that Tom understands what a transfer is and how 
Money handles them, but I think that what he is trying to 
do is pay off the debt on those cards - not regularly 
incur living expenses that could be categorized elsewhere 
in his monthly budget (groceries, booze, etc.) For 
example, if I bought a new TV on my CC 6 months prior to 
setting up MS Money, this is a one-time expense that I 
need to allow for in my budget as payments to my CC 
company moving forward. However, Money does not easily 
allow this - you can't even manually add this CC payment 
to the Debt category in your budget because the "special" 
categories are not available.

The only way I have found to do this is to add ALL of 
your CCs to the debt reduction planner. Even this is odd, 
however; you won't see the payments until you are DONE 
with the budget.

That said, the simplest way to do this - if you're 
planning on paying off the cards and closing the 
accounts - is to set them up as loans or liabilities, 
then schedule a manual bill.

Cheers. 


>-----Original Message-----
>Are you tracking transaction details? Or simply paying 
the credit card as a
>single expense transaction? I don't understand your 
problem.
>
>Put the credit card in the budget. The individual 
transactions should affect
>your budget as expenses. Payments to the credit card  
from a budget checking
>account shouldn't appear anywhere.
>
>You sound aggravated. You may be frustrated at Money, 
but don't take it out
>on people here. You'll get zero help.
>-- 
>Chris Cowles,
>Gainesville, FL
>
>"Tom" <tbrackney@kc.rr.com> wrote in message
>news:MABPc.70505$vN3.17038@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com...
>> Does anyone know when Microsoft is going to fix the 
bug in the budget
>> planner in regard to credit cards and transfers. My 
budget gets totally
>> wacking when I add credit cards to debt planner. It 
looks like it includes
>> all the balances in the budget uder special -> debt. I 
have tried
>everything
>> I can thing of to stop it.
>>
>> Iis it possible to set a credit card account up and 
have it paid in the
>> budget under that category. Don't tell me to check the 
check boxes in
>> account details. That does not work!!!!!!!!!!! When 
you make a payment it
>> treats it has a transfer to the credit card account. 
So it ends up in no
>> budget category. All I want to do is pay the month 
bill. Have it show up
>> under the category of credit card payments and reduce 
the balance in the
>> credit account as a result of the payment. Is anyone 
else having this
>> problem? Perhaps I am missing something here.
>>
>>
>
>
>.
>
0
ricky6752 (1)
8/3/2004 11:24:06 AM
Dear Dick:

Thank you for what you've said, below, which makes 
perfect accounting sense.

However, the thing that's pushed me away from Money for 
now is the integration between Cash Flow projections and 
the Debt Planner.  The scenario Tom paints below is 
incredibly frustrating when the Debt Planner has 
scheduled payments from your primary account (say, 
checking) and you are forecasting your cash flow from 
that account.  Money 04 will completely disregard the 
outflow to credit accounts from that primary account.  

I'm not sure if I'm being redundant here, but to be 
clear: Assuming you have $700 per month in debt payments 
scheduled via the Debt Planner, Money 04 will show you 
with an excess cash position of $700 at 30 days, $1400 at 
60, $2100 at 90.

That doesn't make for very good planning.

You are exactly right that the expenses are incurred when 
the charges made.  However, there's got to be a better 
way - the cash flow scenarios are useless for those of us 
who use the DMP.

/aac

>-----Original Message-----
>Correct. That's how Money is designed to treat this.
>
>"Tom" <tbrackney@kc.rr.com> wrote in message
>news:h5CPc.52754$6t1.8046@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com...
>> Sorry for seeming ticked off. I am confused and 
irratated at this
>software.
>> Perhaps it has more to do with my ignorance. I guess 
what your saying is
>> that your budget should refect the expense you have 
when you incur them.
>> Correct? Since credit card payments are really "past 
expenses" they should
>> not even be in your budget. Right?
>
>
>.
>
0
anonymous (74722)
8/3/2004 11:41:02 AM
I'd certainly agree that the BP does not accommodate irregular purchases
well, but I'd disagree that it should allow you to schedule portions of
payments to credit card revolving debt as current expenses to get around all
of this. You elected to be poorer by the amount of the TV when you bought
the TV, not by a portion of that amount every month until you pay off the
card. I'd also agree that integration between BP, DRP, and FCF could be
better. In particular, I think the debt category should not be just for
loans and DRP managed items.

"Ricky" <ricky@calebscreek.com> wrote in message
news:a03901c4794c$63a946d0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
> I think I understand the problem; it annoys me too.
>
> I infer that Tom understands what a transfer is and how
> Money handles them, but I think that what he is trying to
> do is pay off the debt on those cards - not regularly
> incur living expenses that could be categorized elsewhere
> in his monthly budget (groceries, booze, etc.) For
> example, if I bought a new TV on my CC 6 months prior to
> setting up MS Money, this is a one-time expense that I
> need to allow for in my budget as payments to my CC
> company moving forward. However, Money does not easily
> allow this - you can't even manually add this CC payment
> to the Debt category in your budget because the "special"
> categories are not available.
>
> The only way I have found to do this is to add ALL of
> your CCs to the debt reduction planner. Even this is odd,
> however; you won't see the payments until you are DONE
> with the budget.
>
> That said, the simplest way to do this - if you're
> planning on paying off the cards and closing the
> accounts - is to set them up as loans or liabilities,
> then schedule a manual bill.


0
8/3/2004 12:41:39 PM
Maybe I'll have to go and play around with this, but I don't recall that DRP
projected outflow was being ignored by FCF. (Maybe there is some Customize
cash flow setting???) If so, I'd agree that is a pretty problematic design.

"Anthony Citrano" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:a1b201c4794e$c12c9170$a401280a@phx.gbl...
> Thank you for what you've said, below, which makes
> perfect accounting sense.
>
> However, the thing that's pushed me away from Money for
> now is the integration between Cash Flow projections and
> the Debt Planner.  The scenario Tom paints below is
> incredibly frustrating when the Debt Planner has
> scheduled payments from your primary account (say,
> checking) and you are forecasting your cash flow from
> that account.  Money 04 will completely disregard the
> outflow to credit accounts from that primary account.
>
> I'm not sure if I'm being redundant here, but to be
> clear: Assuming you have $700 per month in debt payments
> scheduled via the Debt Planner, Money 04 will show you
> with an excess cash position of $700 at 30 days, $1400 at
> 60, $2100 at 90.
>
> That doesn't make for very good planning.
>
> You are exactly right that the expenses are incurred when
> the charges made.  However, there's got to be a better
> way - the cash flow scenarios are useless for those of us
> who use the DMP.


0
8/3/2004 12:44:40 PM
Each of your comments makes an assumption that is 
manifestly incorrect: that Tom pays of his credit card 
debt -- in its entirety -- every month. Most people who 
use this software don't budget that way; they *MOST 
CERTAINLY DO* elect to make purchases on credit cards 
while planning on paying only a portion of that debt on a 
recurring basis until it is repaid. That's what credit is 
for (and what revolving credit accounts thrive on); why 
would you use it if you have the cash on hand?

We're now completely off of Tom's subject ... and that's 
no longer useful to him or anyone else.

Cheers.
>-----Original Message-----
>I'd certainly agree that the BP does not accommodate 
irregular purchases
>well, but I'd disagree that it should allow you to 
schedule portions of
>payments to credit card revolving debt as current 
expenses to get around all
>of this. You elected to be poorer by the amount of the 
TV when you bought
>the TV, not by a portion of that amount every month 
until you pay off the
>card. I'd also agree that integration between BP, DRP, 
and FCF could be
>better. In particular, I think the debt category should 
not be just for
>loans and DRP managed items.
>
>"Ricky" <ricky@calebscreek.com> wrote in message
>news:a03901c4794c$63a946d0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
>> I think I understand the problem; it annoys me too.
>>
>> I infer that Tom understands what a transfer is and how
>> Money handles them, but I think that what he is trying 
to
>> do is pay off the debt on those cards - not regularly
>> incur living expenses that could be categorized 
elsewhere
>> in his monthly budget (groceries, booze, etc.) For
>> example, if I bought a new TV on my CC 6 months prior 
to
>> setting up MS Money, this is a one-time expense that I
>> need to allow for in my budget as payments to my CC
>> company moving forward. However, Money does not easily
>> allow this - you can't even manually add this CC 
payment
>> to the Debt category in your budget because 
the "special"
>> categories are not available.
>>
>> The only way I have found to do this is to add ALL of
>> your CCs to the debt reduction planner. Even this is 
odd,
>> however; you won't see the payments until you are DONE
>> with the budget.
>>
>> That said, the simplest way to do this - if you're
>> planning on paying off the cards and closing the
>> accounts - is to set them up as loans or liabilities,
>> then schedule a manual bill.
>
>
>.
>
0
anonymous (74722)
8/3/2004 8:30:04 PM
No, my comments don't assume it's manifestly wrong at all. They just assume
that Money should enable you to understand the implications of the choice
rather than masking them from you.

Why would you use revolving credit if you have the cash on hand? If the
choice is spending 21% for the privilege of being $x behind the ball or
getting $x ahead of the ball, I'd say the answer is because you like making
the credit card company rich. The way Money treats this--and I didn't design
it--makes sure that this 21% cost is reflected as just that: another
discretionary expense you incurred this month.

If people really want to budget to the bill payment not the credit card
usage, then Money supports this too: don't call the credit card an account
and don't track its balance and how its balance gets to be what it is over
time.

Most people who want to "budget" this way are really worrying about cash
flow. ("Will I have enough cash to send the credit card company two months
from now?") Money attempts to answer this question with Forecast Cash Flow.
If they were really worried about what Budget Planner is trying to do,
they'd be very interested to discover that there is this big expense out
there they are incurring every month just for the privilege of renting that
money. They'd also be asking questions like "am I spending within my means
over time?" Whether you send the credit card company $1 this month or
$10,000 doesn't bear on that question.

And I'm not here to do credit counseling, but when somebody asks if they can
use a screwdriver to drive nails, I will give a straight answer and some
rationale for the answer.

"Ricky" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:bbf801c47998$a8e6e2b0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
> Each of your comments makes an assumption that is
> manifestly incorrect: that Tom pays of his credit card
> debt -- in its entirety -- every month. Most people who
> use this software don't budget that way; they *MOST
> CERTAINLY DO* elect to make purchases on credit cards
> while planning on paying only a portion of that debt on a
> recurring basis until it is repaid. That's what credit is
> for (and what revolving credit accounts thrive on); why
> would you use it if you have the cash on hand?
>
> We're now completely off of Tom's subject ... and that's
> no longer useful to him or anyone else.


0
8/3/2004 9:00:33 PM
Or, I should have said, "when somebody asserts that it is a bug that
screwdrivers don't work well when you try to use them to drive nails..."

"Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in
message news:Ol91rzZeEHA.3132@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> And I'm not here to do credit counseling, but when somebody asks if they
can
> use a screwdriver to drive nails, I will give a straight answer and some
> rationale for the answer.


0
8/3/2004 9:05:52 PM
By the way. Another thing that I have noticed is that if you had your cc to
the drp this ends up in the BP. But the total about of the entire debt. I
would have though just the total of the month payments would just show up.
So..I don't know maybe I should just start from scratch. But that a lot a
work. I have kinda of found a work around. Still, this seems like a bug.
When you buy a screw driver and it breaks of when using it to unscrew
something. Well...thats a bug. But, I did get the point about the expense.


"Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in
message news:uo7J2dVeEHA.3132@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Maybe I'll have to go and play around with this, but I don't recall that
DRP
> projected outflow was being ignored by FCF. (Maybe there is some Customize
> cash flow setting???) If so, I'd agree that is a pretty problematic
design.
>
> "Anthony Citrano" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:a1b201c4794e$c12c9170$a401280a@phx.gbl...
> > Thank you for what you've said, below, which makes
> > perfect accounting sense.
> >
> > However, the thing that's pushed me away from Money for
> > now is the integration between Cash Flow projections and
> > the Debt Planner.  The scenario Tom paints below is
> > incredibly frustrating when the Debt Planner has
> > scheduled payments from your primary account (say,
> > checking) and you are forecasting your cash flow from
> > that account.  Money 04 will completely disregard the
> > outflow to credit accounts from that primary account.
> >
> > I'm not sure if I'm being redundant here, but to be
> > clear: Assuming you have $700 per month in debt payments
> > scheduled via the Debt Planner, Money 04 will show you
> > with an excess cash position of $700 at 30 days, $1400 at
> > 60, $2100 at 90.
> >
> > That doesn't make for very good planning.
> >
> > You are exactly right that the expenses are incurred when
> > the charges made.  However, there's got to be a better
> > way - the cash flow scenarios are useless for those of us
> > who use the DMP.
>
>


0
tbrackney (4)
8/4/2004 12:10:07 AM
I'm not sure I understand this issue. Where are you seeing the total amount
of the entire debt? In "Review your current budget status" under the Special
Debt Budget line? Is the budget period set to a long period of time?

I'd give you a pedantic answer to what I think your question is, but I don't
want to get anybody spun up and sending me email telling me I'm not being
helpful.

"Tom" <tbrackney@kc.rr.com> wrote in message
news:yOVPc.53554$6t1.12085@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com...
> By the way. Another thing that I have noticed is that if you had your cc
to
> the drp this ends up in the BP. But the total about of the entire debt. I
> would have though just the total of the month payments would just show up.
> So..I don't know maybe I should just start from scratch. But that a lot a
> work. I have kinda of found a work around. Still, this seems like a bug.
> When you buy a screw driver and it breaks of when using it to unscrew
> something. Well...thats a bug. But, I did get the point about the expense.


0
8/4/2004 1:24:15 AM
Yes, it is showing up there. Yes, I have it set for about two years. The drp
that is. Funny, its shows the mortgage correctly in the "Review your current
budget status" under the Special. Any ideas.


> Debt Budget line
"Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in
message news:ecXlRGceEHA.3732@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> I'm not sure I understand this issue. Where are you seeing the total
amount
> of the entire debt? In "Review your current budget status" under the
Special
> Debt Budget line? Is the budget period set to a long period of time?
>
> I'd give you a pedantic answer to what I think your question is, but I
don't
> want to get anybody spun up and sending me email telling me I'm not being
> helpful.
>
> "Tom" <tbrackney@kc.rr.com> wrote in message
> news:yOVPc.53554$6t1.12085@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com...
> > By the way. Another thing that I have noticed is that if you had your cc
> to
> > the drp this ends up in the BP. But the total about of the entire debt.
I
> > would have though just the total of the month payments would just show
up.
> > So..I don't know maybe I should just start from scratch. But that a lot
a
> > work. I have kinda of found a work around. Still, this seems like a bug.
> > When you buy a screw driver and it breaks of when using it to unscrew
> > something. Well...thats a bug. But, I did get the point about the
expense.
>
>


0
tbrackney (4)
8/4/2004 2:23:36 AM
Maybe. It's probably reflecting that it thinks they entire balance of the
DRP managed credit card balances can be paid off in the two year
period--hence the whole thing is in budget--and that the mortgage either
isn't managed or is sufficiently low in interest rate to not merit anything
other than the scheduled payments. (Even if managed, if it's lower than your
other managed bills, DRP will make the minimum on the mortgage and pay off
higher rate debt as it can with available cash flow. It's trying to minimize
the interest expense.)

Try looking at, say, the budget status for next month. Then you should see
less than the whole managed debt in the budget.

"Tom" <tbrackney@kc.rr.com> wrote in message
news:HLXPc.53632$6t1.9762@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com...
> Yes, it is showing up there. Yes, I have it set for about two years. The
drp
> that is. Funny, its shows the mortgage correctly in the "Review your
current
> budget status" under the Special. Any ideas.


0
8/4/2004 2:50:28 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Conditional formatting bug using percentile Opzioni
I've catched this bug using Excel 2007. - Create a table using an ODBC query with two value columns with different ranges of value (i.e. Sales ranging from 100 to 1000 and Quantity ranging from 1 to 10) - Apply conditional formatting "Color Scales" on Sales column, by using Percentile / 10 for minimum value and Percentile / 90 for maximum alue - Apply conditional formatting "Color Scales" on Quantity column, by using Percentile / 10 for minimum value and Percentile / 90 for maximum alue - At this point, you have two rules defined - each one work with its set...

Bug: IE8 Standards Mode Float Mode
Testcases: http://www.wyavtv.org/iebug/iebugtestcase.html a div with an applied filter becomes misplaced if a element directly above it has a positon: relative and float:left and has a height taller than the normal line-height and reaches down and touches the box. (see the 1st, 3rd and 5th testcase) In a normal div without a filter css style rule, the text is moved away only. The following bug can be fixed by shifting the element above it up by a few pixels or changing doctype to transitional (because transitional doctype means there is no baseline under images, therefore th...

Subtotal Bug in Excel 2003
What I found was that when you make second level subtotal and if you have single line for the first level subtotal, the position of total screwed up. Here's the sample order customer Item Amount 123 ABC I 10 124 ABC II 20 125 BCD I 10 126 XYZ I 10 126 XYZ II 20 127 XYZ I 10 take subtotal by 'customer' then next level subtotal by order (removed 'replace subtotal' check box). Excel shows subtotal for 125 under subtotal for BCD. Is this ...

How to delete reference to non-existent bill/depo from budget?
I am using advanced budget and advanced bills. A reference to the scheduled deposit was in the budget. Now that this scheduled deposit was correctly deleted, the reference still remains in the budget. In other words, if I add the income category corresponding to the deleted deposit to the budget, an income entry gets created in the budget. Trying to edit its gets an interface window telling me to select which deposit I want to edit; the list contains and entry corresponding to the deleted deposit, selecting it and "ok" does nothing, i.e. goes nowhere. Deleting budget and crea...

How do I convert cab file to open an Family Budget Excel Template?
The file dowloads as a .cab file. When I try and open it, it's not in a recognized format. How can I download the correct format. Hardly an excel question From where do you download an excel template as a cab file? Try winzip, I believe they have an option to open some cab files Regards, Peo Sjoblom "sweetner32" wrote: > The file dowloads as a .cab file. When I try and open it, it's not in a > recognized > format. How can I download the correct format. ...

2016 date bug...
We are experiencing incorrect year being reported by Win CE 4.2 OS. Occasionally the year will be 2016 instead of 2010. Has anyone else seen this? Any medical device manufacturers out there experiencing the same problem? The issue is that when you read the RTC at the top of the minute (Seconds are :00) the year reads 2016. Also in 2011 it will read 2017 etc What we also discovered is that in 2020 it will read 2032. So it appears there is a x16 and not a x10 on the second digit of the year. Again this only happens when your application software calls the RTC when the seconds are ...

Outlook 2007 Email HTML bug?
Noticed that with Outlook 2007 the email reader window does not recognize the BORDER=1 command in HTML code in an email. Other Outlooks did and I noticed it since my newsletter looked different. Did Microsoft change the HTML reader in Outlook 2007. Are there known bugs with it? Yes, things have changed with Outlook 2007. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/aa338201.aspx "Al Franz" <albert@nospam.netmation.com> wrote in message news:%230CtcmwgIHA.4396@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Noticed that with Outlook 2007 the email reader window does not recognize > the BORDER...

why does my excel always freeze up and say that a de bugging prog
I am running excell on a win2000 box, I have it set up so that when i save a spread sheet it automatically saves to the A: drive. It seems that since i have installed new securuity patches from the microsoft web site, every time i try to save the document excel crashes and i get an error that states this program cannot be closed, if it is being de bugged please resume it or close the debugger first. But there are no de bugging programs running. please help. Thank you riggyz wrote: > I am running excell on a win2000 box, I have it set up so that when i save a > spread sheet it au...

Strange Discrepancy in Budget Calculations--Any Ideas?
I'm using the Microsoft Money 2007 (Deluxe) advanced Budget feature. I've been using Money for a number of years without any problem, but recently noticed this weird and very annoying discrepancy in its calculations. I'm sure it is some sort of problem with a way the data was entered, but I can't figure out where the error is. At any rate, here is the most basic way to describe the problem: When I created my budget, I budgeted $745 for my January rent (and it is still displayed this way in the screens to edit my budget). Yet, when I view either the "Budget summar...

Report Writer and Budgeting tool for Dynamics-GP
FYI, If you're interested in an easy to use Report Writer and Budgeting tool for Great Plains I encourage you to check out XL Reporter. www.xlreporter.com. It's very flexible and powerful for bugeting and forecasting. Also there's a drag and drop user interface to create report templates that are then published into fully formatted Excel files (which can be automatically emailed out with the built-in scheduler). It will completely automate both your reporting and budgeting processes. James ...

Let's count the bugs
Matching Transactions: Done button doesn't work. You must accept the will of MSMoney. THANK you! I was beginning to think I was the only one having this problem. Oh, goody, I found another bug. You can right-click the erroneous matched transaction and select "Unmatch"--however, Money won't unmatch the transaction. It will create a NEW, separate downloaded entry from your bank, but still leave the old unreconciled entry as matched to the wrong thing, only now it says "Matched to a part of a downloaded transaction". Oh, this is all effed up. Also, I had said...

Bug?--Excel 2003 Bottom Double Border tool not working
I just installed Excel 2003 (part of Small Business Edition of Office). I have checked for program updates. As I have with prior versions of Excel, I added the Bottom Double Border (BDB) tool (not to be confused with the Double Underline or Borders tool icons) to my toolbar. When I highlight one or more cells and click the BDB tool, I only get a single line bottom border. To get a double underline, I have to use the Borders tool or Format Cells/Borders. Anyone know a fix for the BDB tool (other than creating a macro that does create the double border and assigning it to a too...

CRM Form Bug, Boolean Yes/No
I have a form with about 9 Boolean fields. I've noticed that I cannot default it to "no" (0) unless "no" (0) is the first in the order. If I move "yes" (1) up to the top it is automatically selected as the default. After I change the default to "no" (0), when I reopen the properties is has reverted back to "yes" (1)... Now, if I have "no" (0) at the top of the list, I can select "yes" (1) as the default with no problems, but not conversely... anyone else? or just me? Kristina I know you can name the Booleans wha...

Budget for items several months out.
How can i budget for items in MS Money 2006 that are several months out. For example my car insurance payment is due every 6 months but i know that i need X amount each month so when the bill comes, i know i have the money there. Is there a way MS Money to set that money asside some how? Click on "planned amount" under that section in your budget and then click "I want to pay a different amount each month." Put zero in for ten of the months, and the amount of your car insurance for the two months it is due. For instance: January: $0 February: $500 March: $0 April:...

Product Bug?
When we try to send email directly from Word, we receive the error message as outlined in KB 829061. The problem is that the only add-in we have installed the CRM SFO client . . . and we can't disable that because we need it installed. And having Outlook open doesn't help (despite what the KB says). So, the only option we have is to not email directly from Word. This seems to be a CRM bug and if so, should be fixed by the next version. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this ...

Is the Page X of Y Bug Been Fixed in 2007?
I used to have a problem with the Page X of Y bug in 2003, but I haven't noticed it yet in the couple of months I've been using Word 2007. Did they actually fix something in 2007? Jerry This is difficult to tell. Whether Page X of Y works properly or not seems to depend on the combination of Word updates and the printer driver installed. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Jerry" wrote: > I used to have a problem with the Page X of Y bug in 2003, but I haven't > noticed it yet in the couple of months I've been using Word 2007. Did t...

Money 2004 Budget Prob
Hello ... I set up an automobile loan in November, 2003 on my Money 2004 software. It is a 5 year auto loan. I recorded the payments (we use a major online bank system) without any difficulty. The problem is how this loan is handled in the budget. It is listed under "Special" and I am unable to modify the budgeted amount. If I set-up the auto loan under the "Debt Reduction Planner", the budgeted amount does show but is incorrect ... the total of the 12 monthly payments does not agree with the budgeted loan amount. In addition, when using the "Debt Reduction P...

POS 2009 bug
when you set the system to prompt for reason codes for petty cash sales the system prints a receipt without this information printed on it. However If you dont set the system for a prompt it asks him the reason and employee id and prints this on the till receipt correctly antonyquant <antony.quant@cts-retail.com> wrote: > when you set the system to prompt for reason codes for petty cash > sales the system prints a receipt without this information printed on > it. > However If you dont set the system for a prompt it asks him the > reason and employee id and pri...

budget reports
I am using Money 2005 Deluxe and am having a tough time getting it to do something. I want to be able to track actual versus a budget (get a report -- monthly, yearly) for selected income and expense categories. I have an investment property that i want to be able to track actuals versus budget. I would also like to be able to have a budget for personal expenses. I don't seem to be able to get an actual versus budget report for certain categories or classification 1 (which i am using for this property) without including all of my other budget items (including the personal budget ...

Deleted transfers showing up in budget planner (M04)
In M04's budget planner under 'tranfers out of budget accounts' I have two transfers appearing from my checking to a cc account that I recently paid off. The bills (transfers) no longer exist and they doen't appear in bills and deposits. I am unable to edit them from within the budget planner - nothing happens when I click on the edit button for either of them (I have two other transfers out of budget accounts that I can click edit for to view/change txn details). I have tried closing the cc account that the transfers go (went) to (nothing changes). Also have tried ma...

2006 Shut down bug
Just a bug. When you go to shut down MS Money 2006 Deluxe - File > Close. The "Back Up When Money Closes" window opens offering: Settings..., Back Up Now and Postpone options. If however you wanted to cancel the shut down and continue using money, clicking the "X" button in the title bar closes money as if you chose "Postpone" It should just close the window. -Kevin Yes it should (but it doesn't). And that is the way it worked up through M2005. Hopefully this feature will be restored in M2007. -- Peace, BobJ "Kevin" <nospam@nospam....

Possible bug in Excel?
If you type 5 in a cell and drag across using the little black cross cursor you will get a row of 5s. If you highlight a blank cell below it at the same time and drag across the numbers will increment so you get 5,6,7,8 etc. If you type 5% and drag across you get a row of 5%s as you would expect. However, if you highlight the 5% and the blank cell below then drag across using the black cross, you get 5%, 105%, 205%, 305% etc. Is this what you would expect? Doesn't seem right to me........surely you should get 5%, 6%, 7%, 8% etc? 5% is really 0.05, and 105% is 1.05, so the increment is 1...

Bug in CListCtrl / LVM_GETITEMSPACING
OSes affected: ALL VC++ 2003 Running on XP SP2 Ok, check this out: I'm running on XP SP2 with the default "Blue" theme and all the standard metrics. I run my application and LVM_GETITEMSPACING returns 26. Then, WHILE my app is running, I change to High Contrast Mode (Through the Accessibility Icon in Control Panel which also changes to Large Fonts). Now LVM_GETITEMSPACING returns 30. But, if I leave the system in High Contrast Mode with Large Fonts and close my app and restart it, LVM_GETITEMSPACING returns 38. So there seems to be some sort of bug in the List Control whe...

Bug in Rules handling
Filtering by subject seems to ignore the exception rules. My rule goes like this: Apply this rule after the message arrives with <my specific words> in the subject delete it except if the message header contains <my specific words> stop processing more rules However, the exception rule is totally ignored. With other rules (e.g. words in message header, words in sender's address), the exception rule works fine. I've: - OL 2002, SP2 - Exchange Server 2003 IMAP4rev1 server version 6.5.7226.0 -- K -- "The road to wisdom is plain and simple to ex...

spam cannot be blocked; bug in mail rule
Since about a week I keep receiving the same spam-mail : it reads "hi" in the subject header. I tried to block it creating a new e-mail rule, but there seems to be a bug. When a try to type in "hi" ("containing the word(s)" in the subject header), the rule appears as : "containing "containing hi' " (doubles the word containing). I'm sorry if the translation is not correct since I'm using the Dutch version, perhaps it is not "containing", but however : the problem is that he not only puts the word "hi&quo...