Budget Allocation Question

Hi Folks,

I created a budget in Money 2003 and it automatically made entries for
certain expenses like "Automobile: Car Payment". Then it created a sub-entry
under 'car payment' showing the name of the Auto finance company - and
correctly displays the amount I pay for my car payment.

My problem is that there seems to be no way to allocate funds for this
budget item, and it always shows up in my budget report as being "Over
Budget".  On other budget items, where there was no automatic entry, I can
enter a budget amount for the month. But on the automatically entered ones,
I can't. Instead, I get an elaborate "Edit your...bills" window which does
not allow me to set a monthly amount.

Is there any way to account for these automatically created items so they do
not appear as "Over budget" just because I payed the bill?

Thanks,
Jack

0
jc1828 (15)
10/30/2003 4:39:06 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Account not linked to budget
I have a checking, savings accounts (banking type), a credit card account (credit card type) and 2 cash accounts (cash type) all attached to my monthly budget. I also have 2 different Line of Credit accounts (liability type) that I can not seem to attach to my budget. If I write a check for something from one of the Line of Credit accounts, the payment and category is not recorded in the budget. When I edit my budget and choose "accounts included in the budget summary", the 2 line of credit accounts do not show up. Any ideas? Have I chosen the wrong account type for these...

shippingmethodcode and other questions
ok I can't belive I can't find an answer to this - either no one has ever changed it or it's so obvious I should just hang up my CRM boots now. On various pages eg invoice, there is a drop down that has shipping methods (DHL etc) Where do I change the values in that list? I have the same problem with Payment Terms and Freight Terms but I am hopping that once I can edit the shipping method drop down I will understand how the others work AND Why does an order have to have a name? the order number is more than enough for me (I am assuming I can make it an order number) but...

OWA Question #7
Ok I am switching from OWA on Exchange 5.5 to OWA Exchange 2003. I got OWA to work correctly. I just have one question. Some of my Users have there Bookmarks pointing to https://servername/exchange/logon.asp But they get a 404 error pages doesn't exist. Where does Exchange 2003 look for this file so I can put a page redirect so they go to the correct address. Any help would be great. Thank you, Kyle Kyle D, In exchange 2003 with forms based authentication it would be Https://Server/Exchweb/bin/auth/owalogon.asp this points to (in a default install) C:\program files\ex...

Backup program question
My critical files are on my XP computer. For many years I have used 3rd party backup programs to backup files to an external drive. I also keep a portable drive in our safe deposit box. With all of the 3rd party backup utilities available on the market today, I'm concerned that if I ever had to perform a disaster recovery I might have trouble obtaining a copy of the software I use. My question is - what is wrong with using the universal XP backup program? I guess I really don't know why I opted against it in the first place. It's readily available and appears ...

Is my bank online? Another question
My bank states that it is online (CoastalFCU) via the money web site, so I upgraded to 2005 deluxe from 2004 deluxe. I can get all the way to the point where I am promted inside of money for my banks username and password. So I contact my bank about this and they state they currently do not support the OFX file transfer. I can download qif files from another site for my bank, but I bought 2005 since it was stated that they were online. Where do I go from here? Thanks, Barry "Barry" <no_one@home.net> wrote in message news:%23J%234$8yyEHA.1192@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... >...

Compacting question
I have WinXP, OE6. My computer man made a file folder by size of my OE personal folders, so I would know which ones most badly need compacting (before I do an external backup). I prefer to compact folders individually, rather than "compact all'. Here is my question: The 4 or 5 largest ones, in addition to showing "folder name.dbx" also have a "folder name.bak". When it gets almost to the end of the compacting, I get this message: "The folder is currently in use by Outlook Express or by another application" and it quits the compacting....

Quick PF Usage Question
If someone with a similar configuration could check and let me know some information, I'd appreciate it greatly. We are running Exchange 2003 Enterprise on Windows 2003 Enterprise on a Quad Xeon 700MHz box with 4GB's of RAM. We do have the /3GB /USERENV=xxxx switch in the boot.ini file per MS recommendation. We still have the ADC running as we have not migrated our users yet, just the replicas of our public folders. 14GB's in the public store, and 200MB's in the private store (2 IS dept mailboxes are over). We also have Sophos' MailMonitor Anti-Virus package running re...

conditional custom formating question
Hi, I need to be able to type in "B" or "S" or "BC" or "SS" into a cel and have the same cell return "Buy" or "Sell" or "Buy to Cover" o "Short Sell" respectively. Is there any way to do this? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi this would require VBA (using an event procedure) Would this be a feasible way for you? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "doublet83 >" <<doublet83.16m2gy@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:doublet83.16m2gy@excelforu...

Exchange 2007 Clustering Questions
Several questions on the new Exchange clustering technologies. For the most part the CCR Cluster Q. I've been reading some design articles and the recommended approach to the "File Witness share". The recommended location is placing the share on the Hub Transport server. A. Wouldn't this be a single point of failure? ...

basic format question...I think !!
I have multiple pages on one sheet running left to right. Is there a way to adjust the height of one row on one page with out effecting the row across the whole sheets on either side of it. I know I can merge or insert rows but I would like to just click and drag the selected cells until I get the correct height. Thanks -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =----- JG, The entire row must have the same height. Avoid merging cells -- it cause...

DeleteDC() and DeleteObject() Question
Hi guys, Will DeleteDC() and/or DeleteObject() fail if neither have been Created() ? Is there a way I can test it, like this: CDC memDC; // we didn't create it yet if(// was it created ?) memDC.DeleteDC(); Same for a CBitmap except DeleteObject() is used to delete. Thanks, Robert A. "Robert A." <death@invalid.org> wrote in message news:eDl2JuwTEHA.1472@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi guys, > > Will DeleteDC() and/or DeleteObject() fail if neither have been Created() ? > > Is there a way I can test it, like this: > > CDC memDC; > // we didn'...

Annualized Budget for MS Office Accounting Express 2009
How can I create a budget using MS Office Accounting Express and use it to compare actual results on an annual basis. There is a group for accounting, they may also cover "accounting express" asidman wrote: > How can I create a budget using MS Office Accounting Express and use it to > compare actual results on an annual basis. ...

database size question #2
Hi all - Trying to get a little perspective. Currently running 5.5 sp4 - my priv.edb is 46GB - is this considered big? The storage is big and fast - if 46GB is not considered big, what is - what have some of the larger 5.5 priv.edb been? When I move to 2003 by the end of year, I plan on throwing a large NAS box and using iscsi for the exchange database(s) - and finally giving my users 'unlimited' email storage - what is considered big for a 2003 private store? Many thanks. Peter On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 12:44:59 -0700, "PFG" <petergump@gumps.org> wrote: >H...

MS CRM Certification question

Question about CRM Server migration
HI, I would like to put my CRM app Server onto a new machine. Actually, the apps are on one machine, SQL is on another one and AD is on a third one. I would like to know if the only thing I have to do is to install CRM server on the new machine and specify to use old data and old AD. Question : - What happens with form customization? Do I need to do a "Deployment manager full deploy"? - What happens with custom report that has been deployed? - Is there any way to make SFOulook client point to the new server? Should I be better removing the old machine from the network and using ...

A question on __declspec(dllimport) and the Windows APIs.
In chapter 19 of Jeff's classic book "Programming Applications for Microsoft Windows", there is a paragraph as follows: "What Importing Really Means The previous section introduced the _ _declspec(dllimport) modifier. When you import a symbol, you do not have to use the _ _declspec(dllimport) keyword-you can simply use the standard C extern keyword. However, the compiler can produce slightly more efficient code if it knows ahead of time that the symbol you are referencing will be imported from a DLL's .lib file. So I highly recommend that you use the _ _declspec(dllimp...

Money 2004 Budget
I have been using Money 2004 for several months with no problems. Today I received the error message "A file needed to run planner is either missing or corrupted. To resolve this problem reinstall Money and then reopen Money." Well I followed instructions. Same problem. Removed Money completely and then installed. Same problem. Deleted and reinstall budget data. Same problem. Check Support Knowledge Database. Nothing there. Check Product support. Nothing. What is the explanation for this problem and how do I solve it? There is a fix for this at http://www.mvps.org/money/faq.htm -- ...

allocation account
I have a fixed allocation account, then distributes the amount to 10 account numbers. When I create a Journal Voucher and choose this account as the debit side, and then save it in a batch. If the debit if for $100 for example, it will then distribute it to the various accounts. Is there a way to print the batch that shows the distribution. Currently, you have to post to see the distribution. It would be nice to see a pre posting report that show the different accounts that will be impacted. Thanks Without a custom report, I don't believe you'll be able to see this. The reas...

Outlook 2003 and opening link question
I'm wanting to change the way Outlook 2003 opens links/webpages - from opening them in Explorer to Firefox. Please guide me to where the option to change this is. Thanks in advance! There is no such setting in Outlook; set Firefox as your default browser. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Ben" <bswong@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message news:%xboj.9252$421.7874@news-serv...

COM QUESTION
CAN SOMEONE GIVE AN EXAMPLE OF CALLING A STORED PROCEDURE USING ADO AND APPENDING TO IT USING DEXTERITY. I GOT IT TO WORK BUT WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO EXECUTE IT. "AS" wrote: > CAN SOMEONE GIVE AN EXAMPLE OF CALLING A STORED PROCEDURE USING ADO AND > APPENDING TO IT USING DEXTERITY. Where is your sproc stored? If it is in a company database or Dynamics database, why don't you just call it directly using call sproc. Much easier than using COM and ADO. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer MBS Support - Asia Pacific Micr...

FRx Forecaster Allocations do not work
We recently installed FRx Forecaster to use with Great Plains and FRx. After inputting all of our budget data, we had our reseller set up some allocations for us. They do not work. We are trying to take the total expenses of several building cost center (that contain the costs to operate the building) to the cost centers have employees in those buildings. Next we are trying to allocate the total expenses of a few support cost centers (IT, Training) to all cost centers except the support, administration, and building cost centers. Then we are trying to allocate the total expenses of one adm...

Exch. 5.5 GAL questions
Ok, I have created three address book views in Exchange 5.5 (Company A, Company B, and Other) and I would like those to be the only address books that users can see. As of this moment, they can see and traverse Global Address List, Company A, Company B, Other, and Recipients. How do I make the GAL and Recipients disappear from the available address books? I read somewhere that by giving the site account search permissions it will make the GAL and Recipients dissappear out of the available address books, however, I have no idea how to edit permissions on the GAL since I can't ...

Excel question for beginner...
My boss wants me to create a worksheet that will autofill cells a particular color in response to the data entered ie if she types in "run" in A1, A1 will autofill red. I am just learning this program...help please??? Select the cells where this is supposed to happen. Go to Format | Conditional Formatting. Set it to Cell Value Equals Type the Value in the Box Provided Click the Format Button to set the necessary formatting You may want to check out: http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html for more information. tj "Gregory" wrote: > My boss wants me to create ...

To MS Support: Budget report bug in Money 2005 (and 2003,4)
Part of our income comes from investments and we have several brokerage accounts which are setup in Money 2002 as investment accounts with a linked cash account. Dividend, interest and capital gains income comes into these accounts and is then transferred to a separate checking account to pay our living expenses. Thus the investment accounts must be included in our budget. Money's budget feature is outstanding and crucial to our financial health. I have tried to upgrade from Money 2002 but am unable to because Money 2003, 2004 and 2005 have a show stopper bug that destroys al...

Exchange Front End Server Question
We currently are running SBS 2003 and Enterprise Exchange. Our SBS box is acting as our front end server. We are moving away from SBS and I will be moving exchange to it own server. Any ideas the amount of power a front end server will require? I would think that since it is only handling http requests, the box does not need to be that powerful We have about 35 users with expected growth over the next 3 years to 80 users. Thanks, Mike 3 years? Who knows, in 3 years you might get a 64bit 16GB RAM 12GHz processor machine for $19.95 to run Exchange <insert new marketing name&...