budget #6

I would like to enter transactions for each budgeted item.
Can not do this. I only use MONEY 2004 (first time user)
for budget purposes only!

Appreciate assistance. Thanks.
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

mx record #6
I just recently changed our mx records from an external ISP to point to our wan ip address on our T1 line. My firewall port 25 is pointing to our exchange server, however our mail is being reject and returning the e-mail to the sender with the following message attached: The following addresses had delivery problems: <someone@abc.com> this actually points to the reciever of the e-mail Permanent Failure: 550_5.7.1_<someone@abc.com>..._Relaying_denied Delivery last attempted at Mon, 15 May 2006 18:40:10 -0000 I have setup to enable relaying totally open!! Any help? JB ...

Outlook 6 on XP
Hi I hope someone has encountered this. I have Windows XP running with office 97. I have Outlook 6 running. The problem is that my spell checker in outlook doesn't work. On checking the spelling I get - "An error has occured while speeling was being checked" I have run the repair from the CD. I have also removed spell checking and re-installed it. Spell checking works in ALL my other office products. The problem only occurs in Outlook. Thanks Ian http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;224176 might be helpful. "Ian" <chenhsu@iafrica.co...

Setting up a Budget #3
Hope one of you folks can help. I am trying to set up the budget feature and in the expense I can not seem to see the catagory for credit cards. I have been doing a transfer to the cc account so the cats appear similar to transfer: [cc account name], i have also tried changing the payents so the catagory is credit card: [cc account name] Thanks Steve See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=53 and http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=62. The short answer is that payments to your credit card (exclusive of interest charges) are not "Expenses" they are cash flow. You had the Expense the day y...

M2007
I am trying to track contributions to Roth IRA accounts in my budget, but whenever I go to add it, the accounts aren't there. From the main budget screen, these are the steps I take: 1. Select the 'Add...' button 2. Select 'Expense' and 'Next' button 3. Select 'I want to track contributions to an investestment, savings or debt account.. and 'Next' button On the next screen, I have many accounts listed, but others do not show. I am missing 2 Roth IRA accounts. Any idea why they would not show up on the list? A little more clarification on th...

transfer out of budget #2
I recently switched to MS05 and was working in budget report. It had a transfer out of budget line and when I reviewed the transaction details it was filled with transactions from accounts within budget. I switched all accounts to be included in budget, yet the line remained. What is up?!!!!!! I am beginning to hate MS Money! Although the line remained, did it have any value to it? Or was it displaying zero? -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny or http://money.mvps.org/faq for UK tips and fixes f...

SMTP problem #6
On our Exchange Server 2003, in the New SMTP Virtual Server wizard, I get only one IP address in the IP address drop down list. But the server has 2 network cards. How can I add the second IP address, in order to select it from the list? I've been searching everywhere, but I didn't find it. -- Riki Is the other IP address associated with an existing SMTP VS? Nue "Riki" <riki@bounce.com> wrote in message news:uGGGrdsmGHA.856@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > On our Exchange Server 2003, in the New SMTP Virtual Server wizard, > I get only one IP address in the IP ...

to transfer OE 6 files to another XP computer
I need to transfer my OE 6 files from one XP computer to another -- what is the best way to do that? Jack Backup & Restore: http://www.insideoe.com/backup/ Backing up and Cloning your OE Identities: http://www.insideoe.com/backup/clone.htm -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Jack B" <jslimp01nospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:ejXX%23rw4KHA.3184@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I need to transfer my OE 6 files from one XP computer to another -- what >is > the best way to do that? > > J...

budget amounts do not match scheduled bills and deposits
I've read about this all over the board. The budgeting feature does not accurately reflect the scheduled bills and deposits. For me this is most evident under 'income' where previously edited or deleted deposits continue to show up like ghosts in the budget, even after they've been deleted altogether. my rant - don't read if you don't care: Workaround accounting with oppositive entries is not the way I want to manage my finances. Therefore until microsoft acknowledges this problem and isues a fix, Money 2003 Deluxe will continue to lack a budget feature at ...

clipboard #6
Everytime I'm working in Excel 2003 and I copy or cut a cell to the right of the spreadsheet, the clipboard pops up and starts counting as I do my work... 1 of 24, 2 of 24, etc. How can I turn this annoying thing off! I really don't care how many times I copied cut something! Thanks! ...

Money 2004 Budget Summary won't load on Home page
Hi, I have Money 2004. The "Budget Summary" on the homepage has stopped loading. It says "Loading..." but never does. Any ideas what's causing it and how to fix it? Here's what I tried so far: 1) Removed the Budget Summary from my home page and readded it. No luck. 2) Verified I have a budget loaded in the Budget Planner. The Budger Planner displays the budget summary correctly. 3) Looked in the FAQs but didn't see this particular problem listed. Thanks, Ted. ...

Excel Macros #6
Hi Ppl... Please could u guys refer me to sites where there are ready made macros available.... Id appreciate this as writing many diff macros would take up a lot of time i don't have a the moment. Thanks in advance... :) won't it take MORE time searching sites for a macro that does what you want than it would take to write the macro?! Reiro wrote: > Hi Ppl... > > Please could u guys refer me to sites where there are ready made macros > available.... > Id appreciate this as writing many diff macros would take up a lot of > time i don't have a the moment. ...

password #6
Hi Guys I am using 2 different versions of excel and have applied a password protection to a work book to prevent anyone else opening it. When I try to change or remove the password I cannot find were to do it although the help files state go to Tools, options, general. When I do this there is no mention of password on the 2000 version please help xl2002 tools>options>security -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "jha" <j.hambling@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:IpZTf.205945$Q22.152402@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk... > Hi Guys &g...

Express 6 default attachements to a folder not temp. internet file
OK heres the problem to the community. In Outlook Express ive been trying to save an open attachment from an email to a folder that i want. I know now how to default the "Save Attachments ... " to a folder i want. But the emails that i get hundreds of a day have to be checked because of the variations of the emails. So i open the document (doc or pdf, doesnt matter) and File/Save As and it goes to Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5 . its a little annoying but i can handle it. so if i have to deal with hundres of email that i need to save the attachments then pick the pla...

Lookup question #6
I have a spreadsheet with 2 columns. Simplified, it looks like this: 10% 100 20% 200 30% 300 Let's make believe it's a spreadsheet to calculate sales commission, and the commission rate is based on a threshold value of sales. For $250 in sales, for example, the commission would be 20%. My goal is to create a statement that allows me to enter a number in a separate cell (for example 250) from the conceivable range of values in column B, that results in an output that relates to column A (20%). What's critical is the following: The sales commissions need to be in c...

Printing a Budget
I've done a group search and this question seems to have been asked 3 times without an answer. I have no idea why I think asking a 4th time will turn up a good answer, but here goes.. How do I print my budget without printing a budget report? I'm using Money 2002. I don't really want to see how I did on my spending relative to my budget, I just want a hard copy of how much I've allocated, monthly and yearly, to my spending categories. Anyone? Please??? B. Clay Perhaps the silence indicates none of us know how to do what you are asking? "B. Clay" <billclay101@h...

Importing messages #6

Microsoft Outlook 2002 #6
I have Windows XP Pro. Recently I backed up Outlook 2002 files. I copied the .pst files (my e-mail, contacts, etc) from Outlook to a CD. What is the procedure to restore these files to Outlook 2002 and hence get my e-mail, contacts back. Copy the file to your hard drive. Right click and remove the read only check mark from the properties page. Then use File->Open to open the pst file from the Outlook main window. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be dele...

Outlook Express 6 #6
Does any one know how to solve the following error message when trying to send attachments. The attachments are simple text file & word documents. "oe removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail" Click on Tools --> Options Click on the Security Tab & Uncheck "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus." Once you uncheck that you should be able to go back to that e-mail and open or save the attachment, hassle free! -----Original Message----- Does any one know how to solve the following error ...

Gantt chart #6
Is there a way to break a chart in between a duration to show anothe information? Eg, column 1 is the time start (08:30), column 2 is time end (17:30) column 3 is duration (9:00) between column 1 and 2. However on colum 4 is lunch break start time (12:00) and column 5 is lunch break en time (13:00). Is there a way to show the lunch break on a gant chart? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance. Aloy -- Aloysicus Aloys - Here is an example worked out for you, plus a page full of links. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttChart.html http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Gan...

WinCE 6.0 Persistent Storage using RAM space???
Hi, I am using WinCE 6.0 R2 and implemented the Persistent Storage and mount my NAND flash as root. Now the problem is whenever I copy some file to my device, it will using my storage memory. For example: 1. Copy a 500KB file to my device via ActiveSync 2. Goto Control Panel's System ->Properties -> Memory 3. I will see my Storage Memory in use is increased by 500KB. I also implememted the Persistent Storage in WinCE 5.0 before and if I do the same thing on the WinCE 5.0 device, the copied filed won't occupy my Storage Memory. Can anyone help and give me some h...

Outlook express 6 #14
Must I buy word to have a spell checker ? I have Works 7 ?????????????? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroupsmicrosoft.public.windows.inetexplorer....

Oh, the frustration with simple budgeting and bill paying
I uninstalled Money 2003 to 'start over'. Prior to the uninstall, Money's annual budget reports were showing dollars automatically adding to the monthly line item of the budget equal to the amount of an account's transaction, e.g., a bill paid in the amount of $50 automatically upped the budget for that month by $50. Why? Also, when I started over, Money unfortunately remembered in the annual report budgeted numbers used prior to the uninstall. How can I get rid of those to have a'pure' start, again. File|New may prove much faster and more effective than reinst...

cash flow option "use amounts from budget" greyed out
I used to allow the cash flow feature in Money Deluxe 2007 to forecast using trended amounts but have since then begun using the budget. When updating the budget, nothing seemed to reflect in the cash flow. It was when I started looking in the cash flow settings that i noticed the option I needed was greyed out - For cash flow forecasting, use: Ammounts from my current Advanced Budget I use the advanced budget and have no clue why this is greyed out. Any ideas?! ...

Problem with Sleep(); function in VC++ 6.0
For some reason when I use the code Sleep(1); which is supposed to be 1 millisecond I am seeing a delay of 10ms. Any ideas?? I need a delay of about 1-1.5 ms. Thanks >For some reason when I use the code Sleep(1); which is supposed to be 1 >millisecond I am seeing a delay of 10ms. >Any ideas?? That's to be expected with Sleep. The docs hint at it... "This function causes a thread to relinquish the remainder of its time slice and become unrunnable for at least the specified number of milliseconds". >I need a delay of about 1-1.5 ms. Windows isn't a real-time...

Visual Basic 6.0 conversion
Can Microsoft Access 2003 convert a Visual Basic 6.0 program Hi Michael, Depending on what the program does it's possible that some or many of the VB6 procedures will run without much change, but there's no automatic conversion system. On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 12:38:35 -0800, "Michael" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can Microsoft Access 2003 convert a Visual Basic 6.0 >program -- John Nurick [Microsoft Access MVP] Please respond in the newgroup and not by email. ...