budget #11

are there any workarounds to these problems

1) an annual bonus occurring once a year in march, the budget has the
amounts divided by 12 and in each month
2) a monthly disability check shows up in every month except february

these 2 items makes the budget practically useless for any serious planning

jd

0
jdekker1 (7)
4/18/2005 6:10:57 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

1. Is your annual bonus set for yearly? Or custom? Is it a scheduled
deposit? If a manual budget entry, make it a custom frequency with only the
month in question valued. If it's a scheduled bill, I think it will average
it out monthly, even if scheduled yearly.

2. Are you saying it shows up in the annual budget report for every month
except February? Or that you receive it every month except February? If the
former, what month did you enter that transaction? If February, some budget
events don't affect the annual budget until the subsequent calendar month.
Don't ask me the logic or workaround - I don't know it.
--
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL

"john dekker" <jdekker1@gmail.com> wrote in message
> are there any workarounds to these problems
>
> 1) an annual bonus occurring once a year in march, the budget has the
> amounts divided by 12 and in each month
> 2) a monthly disability check shows up in every month except february
>
> these 2 items makes the budget practically useless for any serious
> planning
>
> jd

0
NoSpam1246 (979)
4/19/2005 12:59:17 AM
1) it is a scheduled bill/deposit.

2) i started building my budget in february, but the montly deposits have
been occuring for many months, through most of 2004.
if i pull up a monthly budget report ("how am i doing on my budget") for
january, the deposit shows up under actual and budget
february's report shows the amount under actual, but nothing under budget
march's report shows the amount under actual and budget.

i can't believe stuff like this makes it through testing.....

jd
"Chris Cowles" <NoSpam@For.me> wrote in message
> 1. Is your annual bonus set for yearly? Or custom? Is it a scheduled
> deposit? If a manual budget entry, make it a custom frequency with only
> the month in question valued. If it's a scheduled bill, I think it will
> average it out monthly, even if scheduled yearly.
>
> 2. Are you saying it shows up in the annual budget report for every month
> except February? Or that you receive it every month except February? If
> the former, what month did you enter that transaction? If February, some
> budget events don't affect the annual budget until the subsequent calendar
> month. Don't ask me the logic or workaround - I don't know it.
> --
> Chris Cowles
> Gainesville, FL
>

> "john dekker" <jdekker1@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> are there any workarounds to these problems
>>
>> 1) an annual bonus occurring once a year in march, the budget has the
>> amounts divided by 12 and in each month
>> 2) a monthly disability check shows up in every month except february
>>
>> these 2 items makes the budget practically useless for any serious
>> planning
>>
>> jd

0
jdekker1 (7)
4/19/2005 3:19:30 AM
On 2005-04-19, john dekker <jdekker1@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) it is a scheduled bill/deposit.

For this, don't use budget planner to track your budget.  Use the budget
reports.  In either of these reports, the bonus will only show up in the
month that you scheduled it.

> 2) i started building my budget in february, but the montly deposits have
> been occuring for many months, through most of 2004.
> if i pull up a monthly budget report ("how am i doing on my budget") for
> january, the deposit shows up under actual and budget
> february's report shows the amount under actual, but nothing under budget
> march's report shows the amount under actual and budget.

Yeah.  I have these problems all the time.  Money just doesn't do a
very good job of adding or removing items to the budget, especially
scheduled bills & deposits.  It's been this way for the 4 years
(and 4 versions of Money) that I've been around.  If I'm able to make
sure that I have all of the scheduled bills & deposits set up at the
beginning of the year than I'm in good shape for that year.  But if I
have to add a bill & deposit or delete one, then I'm pretty sure that
the "Budgeted" column for that year will be completely screwed up.
In those years, I have to export the reports to excel and tweak
them to get the right budget numbers.  I've never had to tweak the
"actual" numbers.  It's only the budget numbers that get screwed up.
0
mark5832 (444)
4/19/2005 11:20:34 AM
i contact ms support for money and they suggested i try taking the recurring
bill, set the next date to pay to the beginning of the year. then skip all
previous occurences.

now i have correct budget amounts in january and february. but now i have a
double amount in march.

do i delete the deposit, re-entered it, first date to pay of 1/22/05 again,
and skip the occurences

now i have double amounts in january and february, and triple amount in
march

argh

so i said, i want to create a new budget. i started making a new budget,
just entering income amounts.

now with a totally new budget, i still have the double and triple amounts
that i had in the previous budget. this is a new budget! why do i have
previous amounts.

the deeper i get into this, the deeper i'm saddened

jd
"Mark Horn" <mark@hornclan.com> wrote in message
> On 2005-04-19, john dekker <jdekker1@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 1) it is a scheduled bill/deposit.
>
> For this, don't use budget planner to track your budget.  Use the budget
> reports.  In either of these reports, the bonus will only show up in the
> month that you scheduled it.
>
>> 2) i started building my budget in february, but the montly deposits have
>> been occuring for many months, through most of 2004.
>> if i pull up a monthly budget report ("how am i doing on my budget") for
>> january, the deposit shows up under actual and budget
>> february's report shows the amount under actual, but nothing under budget
>> march's report shows the amount under actual and budget.
>
> Yeah.  I have these problems all the time.  Money just doesn't do a
> very good job of adding or removing items to the budget, especially
> scheduled bills & deposits.  It's been this way for the 4 years
> (and 4 versions of Money) that I've been around.  If I'm able to make
> sure that I have all of the scheduled bills & deposits set up at the
> beginning of the year than I'm in good shape for that year.  But if I
> have to add a bill & deposit or delete one, then I'm pretty sure that
> the "Budgeted" column for that year will be completely screwed up.
> In those years, I have to export the reports to excel and tweak
> them to get the right budget numbers.  I've never had to tweak the
> "actual" numbers.  It's only the budget numbers that get screwed up.

0
jdekker1 (7)
4/19/2005 6:14:57 PM
I also have the problem and have tried (in Money 02, 04, and 05) to get my
bonus to only add in during the month when I get it but as an annual deposit
(in the bills section) or a custom deposit (in the budget planner, as per
your suggestion below) I it still divides it up monthly.

This is truely my largest aggrevation with money.  I sincerely hope this is
fixed in 06.  "Come on Microsoft, you can do it!"

Anyway, any other ideas on how to fix this?

"Chris Cowles" wrote:

> 1. Is your annual bonus set for yearly? Or custom? Is it a scheduled
> deposit? If a manual budget entry, make it a custom frequency with only the
> month in question valued. If it's a scheduled bill, I think it will average
> it out monthly, even if scheduled yearly.
>
> 2. Are you saying it shows up in the annual budget report for every month
> except February? Or that you receive it every month except February? If the
> former, what month did you enter that transaction? If February, some budget
> events don't affect the annual budget until the subsequent calendar month.
> Don't ask me the logic or workaround - I don't know it.
> --
> Chris Cowles
> Gainesville, FL
>

> "john dekker" <jdekker1@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > are there any workarounds to these problems
> >
> > 1) an annual bonus occurring once a year in march, the budget has the
> > amounts divided by 12 and in each month
> > 2) a monthly disability check shows up in every month except february
> >
> > these 2 items makes the budget practically useless for any serious
> > planning
> >
> > jd

0
Anthony2219 (255)

Can Update Office 11.0
I am trying to give Office a whirl on my powerbook however I need to upgrade to 11.1 for it to work with my ofices Lotus Notes e-Mail. When I try upgrading I get the 11002:2,-14 error I've heard talked about in this newsgroup. I've tried all the suggestions but still no luck. I tried repairing permisions, re-installing, turning of Entourage notifications. Nothing works! Please help. Haven't a clue. Previous threads didn't offer anything? Try re-downloading the update. Maybe previous updates haven't been run yet. Use Help | Check for Updates and let it tell you what...

How do I print on 11 x 17 paper?
How do I print on 11 x 17 paper? Will it fit in your printer? "dwxt" <dwxt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ABA8A37E-80E3-49A4-AF72-234465A3763A@microsoft.com... | How do I print on 11 x 17 paper? Yes, I have "tabloid" HP printer. Trying to print a photo collage, 1 sided, as a tabloid, and printer is printing out 1 page at a time, with 1/4 of the collage on each page. I can't figure it out. "Rob Giordano (Crash)" wrote: > Will it fit in your printer? > > > > "dwxt" <dwxt@discussions.microsoft.c...

ciao 04-11-10
come creo un indirizzo di posta?? Wow! A post from the future! "valentina ottaviani" wrote: > come creo un indirizzo di posta?? > ...

Sorting #11
I have asked this question before with no response. I have an Excel workbook with multiple worksheets. On the first worksheet, I have entries (names) that are linked to the subsequent worksheets. Each worksheet contains different data related to those names. However, if sort the names on the first sheet, and they sort on the subsequent sheets, the data out to the side of the names doesn't sort. This is logical, but what I'm trying to do is find a way to make a sort of this kind possible. Does anybody have any ideas? Please contact me at the above email address if you can hel...

Conditional Formatting 02-11-10
Question for Stephan Lebans please... is there any circumstances when CF doesn't work? I have copied your modules and form code to my database but it doesn't change the background colour of the record. It is a subform I'm working on but the code is in the subforms events so me.fieldname should work. I've also tried the other method with me.txtbackground control on my form, so I don't need to tweak your code at all. I can't see any difference than yours except yours work and mine doesn't! It runs without any errors, it just doesn't change colour :-(...

Macro to Import Budget file from excel to Great Plains
I recorded a macro to upload budget files from excel into great plains, i am getthing an error which reads "windows no active line # 7" please find below the whole macro # DEXVERSION=9.00.0073.0 2 2 CommandExec dictionary 'default' form 'Command_Financial' command 'XL_Budget_Maint' NewActiveWin dictionary 'Excel-Based Budgeting' form 'XL_Budget_Maint' window BudgetMaint MoveTo field '(L) ddbExcel' item 0 ClickHit field '(L) ddbExcel' item 2 # 'I&mport from Excel' NewActiveWin dictionary 'Excel-B...

CRM Callout 11-28-03
Hi I am trying to use Post-Callouts, I did checkout the article referred in one of the previous discussions. I was sucessful in creating the .dll object , but when i try to register I get an error saying "One or more files do not contain components or type libraries. These components cannot be installed. " I am new to COM and would appreciate if any help could be provided. I had one more query regarding the article "http://www.greatplains.com/techknowledge/techknowl edge.asp?id=30228&target=PS" , In this article they mention to add the interface def...

11 months and one version later: quotes still FUBAR
My XP Pro laptop (not my prime machine) has had M04 installed for three or four days. It got quotes the first day without further ado over the net/through the firewall. This afternoon, the desktop XP Pro M03 machine, through the firewall, goes off to never-never land "Updating Securities." (If the past is any indication, it will come back to life in about an hour or two, even if I press Cancel right now.) The M04 laptop, however, promptly comes back and says "Money was unable to complete the operation. There is a problem with your Money installation. Please reinstall Money fro...

Printing a 11 x 17 booklet on 8.5 x 11 paper
I'm using Publisher 2003. I have a standard newletter that prints on 11x17 paper. I'd like to be able to print drafts on a standard desktop with 8.5 x 11 paper, but I get parts of two pages on one sheet with a large margin. How can I print a draft on standard paper? Change the page setup from booklet to letter long enough to print your draft. You will have to setup your printer too if you have it setup for tabloid. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Eric&Janette" <Eric&Janette@discussi...

Error 0x80191002 01-11-10
Hi i'm getting this error while send&receive mail "Unable to send or receive messages for the Live (sukhjinder_sehgal) account. To send and receive messages in your Hotmail account, go to http://hotmail.live.com on the Web, or try again later. To get help from Windows Live Customer Support, go to http://support.live.com and click Windows Live Mail in the list of services. Server Error: 0x80191002 Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80191002" Please advice "Sukhjinder Sehgal" &l...

PowerPoint 2007 11-25-09
I created a lengthy complex presentation in PowerPoint 2007 using a stock background. After creating it and showing it to the company, the Execs want me to change the background to the company standard. The problem is, they only have a basic blank PowerPoint presentation that everyone uses to build from. How do I get the background elements from the standard presentation into main without redoing all 45 slides? Thanks! Use the master slides "Tracy Walters" <Tracy Walters@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 01FDE97C-00B1-4056-9573-060D7...

Attachments 11-23-06
Do we have a Best Practice document for storing attachments? The issue for us is duplicate copies of the same document being stored in CRM, Server and Remotes. The best approach would be to choose to attach or not. I'm not able to locate this preference setting in CRM -- seems there is no choice. Therefore what is the best practice for updating, storing, synchronising, attaching? Microsoft CRM currently doesn't have an "auto synch" for its attached documents. The best practice is to standardize on the location of your "master" document management sy...

budgets, reports and credit card payments
could someone PLEASE help me. For some reason the payment of my credit cards is being recorded as a zero sum transaction in all of my budgets and reports, with the amount withdrawn from my checking account being equal to the amount paid to my cc company. So, now in all of my reports I have a value of $0 for credit card payments. I've tried reclassifying my payment to multiple different expenses but I still can't get this to work properly. Can anyone help? You should record your payment from your checking account as a transfer to your relevant credit card account in Money and t...

Access 2007 RunTime 09-11-07
Hello All I Have A Mdb File Bulid With Access XP So When I Install The Access 2007 Runtime The Access 10.0 Object Library Is Automatically Replaced By Access 12.0 object Library For All Other MDBs Build With XP So That The Following Error Appears I Used The Following Code (The Variable Frm Represents The Form Opened In Design View) X = Frm.Section(0).Height the error is The Property Isn't Available In Design View What can I Do To Prevent The RunTime To Update The Access object Library For Other Files Please I Need Help As Soon As possible Thank You hi Rabea, RABEA wrote: &g...

Error on Page 11-15-04
Hello, When I launch CRM and go to Service, Cases, New Case and click on Customer in the Customer Information section, I get error on page in the lower left hand corner of the window and nothing happens. All other fields with drop downs or lookup are working. Aummy Can you include what the text of the message says? What loss of functionality are you experiencing? Have you made any customizations or added any ISV solutions? Perhaps if you give me some more detail, I can help you solve your problem. "Aummy" wrote: > > Hello, > > When I launch CRM and go to...

Budget Bug
Does anyone know when Microsoft is going to fix the bug in the budget planner in regard to credit cards and transfers. My budget gets totally wacking when I add credit cards to debt planner. It looks like it includes all the balances in the budget uder special -> debt. I have tried everything I can thing of to stop it. Iis it possible to set a credit card account up and have it paid in the budget under that category. Don't tell me to check the check boxes in account details. That does not work!!!!!!!!!!! When you make a payment it treats it has a transfer to the credit card account. So...

From Budget to Bills List
Money 2004. Have entered an a monthly entry into the budget. How do I make it appear in the "Bills and Deposit List" so I can record the oayment each month? Thanks Elk. What I would recommend is to remove the manual amount you entered into the budget, then add a new bill in the Bills and Deposits area. If you then go back to the budget, you'll see that it picked up the amount from the bills area. Think of the Bills area as a place for setting up bills that you pay regularly at specific intervals and use the budget area if you want to enter an amount for something that is mo...

Budget import issue
We are using the Budget Wizard to import a budget from an Excel workbook. At the point of browsing to and locating the existing workbook the worksheets do not populate in the window for selection so we are unable to move forward and import the budget. We have done this successfully in the past - no issues whatsoever. We haven't made any changes to the version of Excel we're using. I have tried copying the workbook and even tried using one that we have successfully imported in the past, same issue. We can select the file but none of the worksheets show for selecti...

Windows Updates 03-11-10
do i need to keep all the updates from previous or can i delete the older ones because the new ones are there also timbo wrote: > do i need to keep all the updates from previous or can i delete the older > ones because the new ones are there also Which post would you like answered first ? Which edition of Windows and which Service Pack is it now on ? IF this is Windows XP, then please see this: I want to Save Space and delete unnecessary files after installing a Windows Update patch or Service Pack http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/spack.htm MowGreen ===========...

Outlook address book #11
Anyone know how to set the outlook address book to list the contacts by last name followed by first name? The default seems to be first name followed by last name.I have tried the settings under tools > options > contact options, but these settings only seem to effect how the actual contacts are files in outlook and do not change how they appear in the address book. I know it was possible to change this in earlier versions of outlook, but for some reason I can not locate how to do this in 2003. The problem this creates in when searching for an e-mail address, one needs to know the fir...

MESSAGE 11-05-07
Dear,Jose,Eva,and kid How are you doing? Carnen has just found your E-mail and gave it to me. Thank you for going over to our house to find out about the parabolic. It is good to know that at least there is one and that all we need is to learn how to make the connection. I enjoyed being with all of you. I am looking forward to come back soon. You are great people! Thank you for your hospitality. Tank you again, Anthony ...

Duplicate entry in budget
Hi, after modifying any bill in bills and deposits, It appears twice in budget and can not fix. How to delete the phantom bill? On 2005-06-06, Adrian Guinsburg <amgNSns@bigfoot.com> wrote: > Hi, after modifying any bill in bills and deposits, It appears twice in > budget and can not fix. > How to delete the phantom bill? I have had this problem for several years, and I've never figured out how to get rid of it. I've also reported it to Microsoft for M02, M03 and M04. I tested this problem in M05 also. It's not been fixed. This is one of those things that I...

net folders #11
I am trying to use a shared calendar between two computers. I have set up everything with net folders based on all of the instructions I could find. The Outlook e-mail is set to Rich Text Format only on both PC's. The folder shares, all of the permissions are as entered, nothing is marked private. I can see the update messages being sent and being received, but nothing updates. What am I doing wrong? Thanks. ...

Dynamics GP version 11
Where can I find information about changes/new modules for GP version 11? I can't seem to find anything on Partner Source. Specifically, I'd like to know if they are going to offer "e-statements" for payroll direct deposits-instead of having to print them, can we e-mail them. Thanks. Tracey D We are still under NDA, so no new functionality can be disclosed beyond what you saw in Convergence 2009. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dyn...

IF function 11-15-09
If I create a function which checks for text in a cell, it gives a #NAME? error. I have a sheet with a cell containing the text 'Single'. In another cell I want to check for that word so I type =if(a1=''Single'', 1,2). Is there something wrong with that IF, it happens with any text I check for. Perhaps you need to use a semicolon rather than a comma - try it this way: =3DIF(A1=3D"Single";1;2) Hope this helps. Pete On Nov 15, 8:31=A0pm, Imani <Im...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > If I create a function which checks for text ...