Broken statement import

Hi,

Rather foolishly, it now turns out, I downloaded and installed Microsoft 
Office Accounting Express 2008 for evaluation purposes.

Now, Money 2005 (14.0.120.1105) running on 64-bit Vista Business no longer 
downloads and imports bank statements automatically.

Previously, I would do the following:

1) Load Money (obviously) and open my bank .mny file

2) Click Favourites, Favourite Web Sites, Your Banks, Barclays Bank plc, Web 
Statements Logon Page

3) Enter login credentials

Then I would download the latest transactions, and Money would import them 
into my accounts directly. Now, it no longer does this.

However, if I choose to save the ofx file to disk and then import it 
manually, that works.

I assumed that the problem was because Office Accounting had changed the 
default program / file association for .ofx files, so I set it back to the 
following:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Money 2005\MNYCoreFiles\mnyimprt.exe" %1

But that didn't fix it.

I found the following article on the web: 
http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/178.aspx which, unfortunately, didn't fix 
it. Specifically, I can't find anywhere in Vista to enable DDE...

Finally, I gave up and reinstalled Money - didn't help either...

Any assistance gratefully received.


-- 
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP
http://www.markrae.net 

0
mark1969 (36)
6/14/2008 9:24:50 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

23 Replies
715 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 4

In microsoft.public.money, Mark Rae [MVP] wrote:

>I assumed that the problem was because Office Accounting had changed the 
>default program / file association for .ofx files, so I set it back to the 
>following:
>
>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Money 2005\MNYCoreFiles\mnyimprt.exe" %1

What is the method of doing that in Vista? I know how to do the file
association with the %1 in XP, but I did not find the equivalent in
Vista.

See below.

>
>But that didn't fix it.
>
>I found the following article on the web: 
>http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/178.aspx which, unfortunately, didn't fix 
>it. Specifically, I can't find anywhere in Vista to enable DDE...
>
>Finally, I gave up and reinstalled Money - didn't help either...

Lets see if this helps:

Install Money 2005 by right-clicking Setup.exe from your CD and
choosing RunAsAdministrator.


Find the sample.mny file in your install folder.  That may be
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money 2005".  Copy sample.mny file to
your Documents folder in Vista.  In Windows Explorer, right-click
that file and choose RunAsAdministrator.  It will do an update.
Close Money.  Reboot the computer.  Then open Money and check that
Help->About...  says you then have version 14.0.*.1105.

Make sure your .mny and .mbf files are in your Documents folder.
Then you should be able to File->Open or Restore your existing
files.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
6/14/2008 2:17:56 PM
Control Panel|Default Programs|Associate a file type or protocol with a 
program

Like all too many things in Vista this would seem like a perfectly logical 
place to look if you hadn't done the same thing from a less logical place 
for five or six prior versions of Windows.

"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message 
news:5dk754d1pgjv50n4e3l1eat4l48ve21jsc@4ax.com...
> What is the method of doing that in Vista? I know how to do the file
> association with the %1 in XP, but I did not find the equivalent in
> Vista. 

0
6/14/2008 2:47:06 PM
"Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in 
message news:uqGDH2izIHA.5832@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...

>> What is the method of doing that in Vista? I know how to do the file
>> association with the %1 in XP, but I did not find the equivalent in
>> Vista.
>
> Control Panel|Default Programs|Associate a file type or protocol with a 
> program

There seems to be no way of specifying the DDE option, though - maybe that's 
not necessary in Vista...

> Like all too many things in Vista this would seem like a perfectly logical 
> place to look if you hadn't done the same thing from a less logical place 
> for five or six prior versions of Windows.

I certainly agree with that...


-- 
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP
http://www.markrae.net 

0
mark1969 (36)
6/14/2008 4:04:39 PM
"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message 
news:5dk754d1pgjv50n4e3l1eat4l48ve21jsc@4ax.com...

> Install Money 2005 by right-clicking Setup.exe from your CD and
> choosing RunAsAdministrator.

Tried that - I always run installs from a source I trust as administrator

> Find the sample.mny file in your install folder.  That may be
> "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money 2005".  Copy sample.mny file to
> your Documents folder in Vista.  In Windows Explorer, right-click
> that file and choose RunAsAdministrator.  It will do an update.
> Close Money.  Reboot the computer.  Then open Money and check that
> Help->About...  says you then have version 14.0.*.1105.

Yep, did all that, and the version number is correct...

> Make sure your .mny and .mbf files are in your Documents folder.
> Then you should be able to File->Open or Restore your existing
> files.

Yep, I can do that too. Unfortunately, the original problem remains...


-- 
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP
http://www.markrae.net 

0
mark1969 (36)
6/14/2008 4:06:43 PM
Wow. Indeed, just having found that place doesn't begin to deal with what's 
really (not) there. I guess I'd never actually tried to go there and edit 
(or--not--create) one.

"Mark Rae [MVP]" <mark@markNOSPAMrae.net> wrote in message 
news:uMYTXhjzIHA.3680@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>> What is the method of doing that in Vista? I know how to do the file
>>> association with the %1 in XP, but I did not find the equivalent in
>>> Vista.
>>
>> Control Panel|Default Programs|Associate a file type or protocol with a 
>> program
>
> There seems to be no way of specifying the DDE option, though - maybe 
> that's not necessary in Vista... 

0
6/14/2008 6:41:02 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Mark Rae [MVP] wrote:

>"Cal Learner-- MVP"wrote in message 
>news:5dk754d1pgjv50n4e3l1eat4l48ve21jsc@4ax.com...
>
>> Install Money 2005 by right-clicking Setup.exe from your CD and
>> choosing RunAsAdministrator.
>
>Tried that - I always run installs from a source I trust as administrator
>
>> Find the sample.mny file in your install folder.  That may be
>> "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money 2005".  Copy sample.mny file to
>> your Documents folder in Vista.  In Windows Explorer, right-click
>> that file and choose RunAsAdministrator.  It will do an update.
>> Close Money.  Reboot the computer.  Then open Money and check that
>> Help->About...  says you then have version 14.0.*.1105.
>
>Yep, did all that, and the version number is correct...
>
>> Make sure your .mny and .mbf files are in your Documents folder.
>> Then you should be able to File->Open or Restore your existing
>> files.
>
>Yep, I can do that too. Unfortunately, the original problem remains...

I would export your registry to a *.reg file with regedit. 
If you want to convert that from unicode to ASCII, you can do 
 type foo.reg >fooA.reg

With your favorite edit the .reg file and do an appropriate search.

Here are lines that reference mnyimprt.exe from my Money Plus
install:

==============================================================================

:--
:[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\ofx.Document\Shell\Open\Command]
:@="\"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Money Plus\\MNYCoreFiles\\mnyimprt.exe\" %1"
:
:--
:[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\pcif.Document\Shell\Open\Command]
:@="\"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Money Plus\\MNYCoreFiles\\mnyimprt.exe\" %1"
:
:--
:[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\qif.Document\Shell\Open\Command]
:@="\"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Money Plus\\MNYCoreFiles\\mnyimprt.exe\" %1"
:
:--
=============================================================================

You might check for similar lines to see if any of these are
pointing to the undesired place.


0
via_newsgroup (13114)
6/14/2008 8:49:42 PM
"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message 
news:ur785412rkkb26al8sqn5la3hnjuvbt7rv@4ax.com...

> You might check for similar lines to see if any of these are
> pointing to the undesired place.

Thanks.


-- 
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP
http://www.markrae.net 

0
mark1969 (36)
6/16/2008 1:16:36 AM
"Mark Rae [MVP]" <mark@markNOSPAMrae.net> wrote in message 
news:urPy8BgzIHA.4004@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...

Finally got this fixed so that it imports statements automatically again, 
but something else strange has happened..

Specifically, when I connect to my bank's on-line banking site from within 
Money, the text is tiny as if it has been set to "Smallest" from the View, 
Text Size menu in IE.

Is there any way to change this back from within Money...?

Any assistance gratefully received.


-- 
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP
http://www.markrae.net 

0
mark1969 (36)
6/25/2008 9:19:48 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Mark Rae [MVP] wrote:

>"Mark Rae [MVP]" <mark@markNOSPAMrae.net> wrote in message 
>news:urPy8BgzIHA.4004@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>
>Finally got this fixed so that it imports statements automatically again, 
>but something else strange has happened..
>
>Specifically, when I connect to my bank's on-line banking site from within 
>Money, the text is tiny as if it has been set to "Smallest" from the View, 
>Text Size menu in IE.
>
>Is there any way to change this back from within Money...?

I think you will have to go change the font size within IE.

>
>Any assistance gratefully received.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
6/25/2008 9:27:55 PM
"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message 
news:02e5649kqke6brm1gr3mgv74765iq1g7ns@4ax.com...

>>Specifically, when I connect to my bank's on-line banking site from within
>>Money, the text is tiny as if it has been set to "Smallest" from the View,
>>Text Size menu in IE.
>>
>>Is there any way to change this back from within Money...?
>
> I think you will have to go change the font size within IE.

The font size is fine within IE...


-- 
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP
http://www.markrae.net 

0
mark1969 (36)
6/25/2008 9:40:50 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Mark Rae [MVP] wrote:

>"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message 
>news:02e5649kqke6brm1gr3mgv74765iq1g7ns@4ax.com...
>
>>>Specifically, when I connect to my bank's on-line banking site from within
>>>Money, the text is tiny as if it has been set to "Smallest" from the View,
>>>Text Size menu in IE.

Are you saying that you have not set IE7 View->TextSize to smallest?

>>>
>>>Is there any way to change this back from within Money...?
>>
>> I think you will have to go change the font size within IE.
>
>The font size is fine within IE...

OK. I guess you could just browse from within IE then.

Or in IE7 you could change View->TextSize->Medium (or Larger), and
then open Money again. Is it possible that you set the zoom up on
IE7 and are compensating with a smaller View->TextSize. Maybe there
is some combo of View->TextSize and zoom in IE7 that would be
acceptable to you in IE and in Money.


0
via_newsgroup (13114)
6/25/2008 10:40:59 PM
"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message 
news:32i564ha6jgobhlt9ki8f03mtg5i1kac4m@4ax.com...

>>>>Specifically, when I connect to my bank's on-line banking site from 
>>>>within
>>>>Money, the text is tiny as if it has been set to "Smallest" from the 
>>>>View,
>>>>Text Size menu in IE.
>
> Are you saying that you have not set IE7 View->TextSize to smallest?

:-) Yes.

To clarify, when connecting to the online banking site through IE outside of 
Money, all is well.

However, when using Money to connect to the online banking site as part of 
the download statement functionality, the text is tiny *as if* it had been 
set to "Smallest" from the View, Text Size menu in IE.


-- 
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP
http://www.markrae.net 

0
mark1969 (36)
6/25/2008 11:39:28 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Mark Rae [MVP] wrote:

>"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message 
>news:32i564ha6jgobhlt9ki8f03mtg5i1kac4m@4ax.com...
>
>>>>>Specifically, when I connect to my bank's on-line banking site from 
>>>>>within
>>>>>Money, the text is tiny as if it has been set to "Smallest" from the 
>>>>>View,
>>>>>Text Size menu in IE.
>>
>> Are you saying that you have not set IE7 View->TextSize to smallest?
>
>:-) Yes.
>
>To clarify, when connecting to the online banking site through IE outside of 
>Money, all is well.
>
>However, when using Money to connect to the online banking site as part of 
>the download statement functionality, the text is tiny *as if* it had been 
>set to "Smallest" from the View, Text Size menu in IE.

That is what I thought you were saying.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
6/26/2008 12:04:48 AM
"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message 
news:v7n564hoc3r8umdc4duoatvnov4le4um6l@4ax.com...

>>To clarify, when connecting to the online banking site through IE outside 
>>of
>>Money, all is well.
>>
>>However, when using Money to connect to the online banking site as part of
>>the download statement functionality, the text is tiny *as if* it had been
>>set to "Smallest" from the View, Text Size menu in IE.
>
> That is what I thought you were saying.

So do you have a solution, then...?


-- 
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP
http://www.markrae.net 

0
mark1969 (36)
6/26/2008 12:10:24 AM
In microsoft.public.money, Mark Rae [MVP] wrote:

>"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message 
>news:v7n564hoc3r8umdc4duoatvnov4le4um6l@4ax.com...
>
>>>To clarify, when connecting to the online banking site through IE outside 
>>>of
>>>Money, all is well.
>>>
>>>However, when using Money to connect to the online banking site as part of
>>>the download statement functionality, the text is tiny *as if* it had been
>>>set to "Smallest" from the View, Text Size menu in IE.
>>
>> That is what I thought you were saying.
>
>So do you have a solution, then...?

I have no solution if you are not willing to *try* changing the IE7
setting-- even if you want to then change it back.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
6/26/2008 1:02:06 AM
"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message 
news:efq564173todm36jffhj1ptk67n4p8io12@4ax.com...

> I have no solution if you are not willing to *try* changing the IE7
> setting-- even if you want to then change it back.

Changing the IE7 setting made no difference...


-- 
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP
http://www.markrae.net 

0
mark1969 (36)
6/26/2008 7:55:45 AM
In microsoft.public.money, Mark Rae [MVP] wrote:

>"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message 
>news:efq564173todm36jffhj1ptk67n4p8io12@4ax.com...
>
>> I have no solution if you are not willing to *try* changing the IE7
>> setting-- even if you want to then change it back.
>
>Changing the IE7 setting made no difference...

Did you open Money while the setting was changed?
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
6/26/2008 12:26:17 PM
"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message 
news:bm2764t8fngaomsnt73c0tm7jvpedre47h@4ax.com...

>>> I have no solution if you are not willing to *try* changing the IE7
>>> setting-- even if you want to then change it back.
>>
>>Changing the IE7 setting made no difference...
>
> Did you open Money while the setting was changed?

Yes.


-- 
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP
http://www.markrae.net 

0
mark1969 (36)
6/26/2008 4:06:54 PM
Is it only your bank's on-line banking site from within Money or all
websites from within Money the text is tiny?

"Mark Rae [MVP]" <mark@markNOSPAMrae.net> wrote in message
news:u1NK1kw1IHA.1772@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
| "Mark Rae [MVP]" <mark@markNOSPAMrae.net> wrote in message
| news:urPy8BgzIHA.4004@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
|
| Finally got this fixed so that it imports statements automatically again,
| but something else strange has happened..
|
| Specifically, when I connect to my bank's on-line banking site from within
| Money, the text is tiny as if it has been set to "Smallest" from the View,
| Text Size menu in IE.
|
| Is there any way to change this back from within Money...?
|
| Any assistance gratefully received.
|
|
| -- 
| Mark Rae
| ASP.NET MVP
| http://www.markrae.net
|

0
6/26/2008 8:57:02 PM
"Ken" <PleaseReply@NewsGroup.Thanks> wrote in message 
news:%235fIh881IHA.4936@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...

[top-posting corrected]

>> Specifically, when I connect to my bank's on-line banking site from 
>> within
>> Money, the text is tiny as if it has been set to "Smallest" from the 
>> View,
>> Text Size menu in IE.
>
> Is it only your bank's on-line banking site from within Money or all
> websites from within Money the text is tiny?

All websites.


-- 
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP
http://www.markrae.net 

0
mark1969 (36)
6/26/2008 9:34:09 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Mark Rae [MVP] wrote:

"Mark Rae [MVP]" <mark@markNOSPAMrae.net> wrote in message
news:%23UNPgR91IHA.548@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...

| "Ken" <PleaseReply@NewsGroup.Thanks> wrote in message
| news:%235fIh881IHA.4936@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
|
| [top-posting corrected]
|
| >> Specifically, when I connect to my bank's on-line banking site from
| >> within
| >> Money, the text is tiny as if it has been set to "Smallest" from the
| >> View,
| >> Text Size menu in IE.
| >
| > Is it only your bank's on-line banking site from within Money or all
| > websites from within Money the text is tiny?
|
| All websites.
|
|
| -- 
| Mark Rae
| ASP.NET MVP
| http://www.markrae.net
|

Interesting, and you seem to be the only one posting about this problem????

0
6/26/2008 11:31:32 PM
I'm having a similar problem. How did you correct this issue?

Thanks!
Susannah

"Mark Rae [MVP]" wrote:

> "Mark Rae [MVP]" <mark@markNOSPAMrae.net> wrote in message 
> news:urPy8BgzIHA.4004@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> 
> Finally got this fixed so that it imports statements automatically again, 
> but something else strange has happened..
> 
> Specifically, when I connect to my bank's on-line banking site from within 
> Money, the text is tiny as if it has been set to "Smallest" from the View, 
> Text Size menu in IE.
> 
> Is there any way to change this back from within Money...?
> 
> Any assistance gratefully received.
> 
> 
> -- 
> Mark Rae
> ASP.NET MVP
> http://www.markrae.net 
> 
> 
0
Susannah (10)
9/3/2008 9:10:00 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Susannah wrote:

>I'm having a similar problem. How did you correct this issue?
>
>Thanks!
>Susannah
>
>"Mark Rae [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> "Mark Rae [MVP]" <mark@markNOSPAMrae.net> wrote in message 
>> news:urPy8BgzIHA.4004@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> 
>> Finally got this fixed so that it imports statements automatically again, 
>> but something else strange has happened..
>> 
>> Specifically, when I connect to my bank's on-line banking site from within 
>> Money, the text is tiny as if it has been set to "Smallest" from the View, 
>> Text Size menu in IE.
>> 
>> Is there any way to change this back from within Money...?

No. Do it in IE. 


>> 
>> Any assistance gratefully received.
>> 
>> 
>> -- 
>> Mark Rae
>> ASP.NET MVP
>> http://www.markrae.net 
>> 
>> 
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
9/3/2008 9:16:10 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Import Data from Access
I want to create a membership booklet (5.5"x8.5"). This means folding an 8.5"x11" page in half. As you know that means the page with the A's will also be the page with the Z's So I need to import the data from Microsoft Access (or Excel) then printing it out so that the pages line up properly. Anyone know how to accomplish this? TIA BigWI What version Publisher? If you have 2003 use the catalog merge. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "DES" <dstand_53146_no_Spam@yahoo.com&g...

Importing Quicken to Excel 2003
8/27/04 I can download my past bank statements. The files are in Web Connect for Quicken 2001 and above, MS Money 2000, QIF file (2 digit), Quicken and Microsoft Money - QIF file (4 digit), Text Format I use Excel for all my budgeting and would like to import my statements into it. Text doesn't import that easily, column for column, but I can do it. I'd like to try importing one of the other formats. There used to be a filter available for Quicken to Excel is there on now for bringing qif files into XL 2003, or for MS Money files to XL? The statements are also available in .pdf ...

Adding to an imported table
I am a beginning Access user. When I order items, I am able to import the order information (info about each specific ordered item) into an Access database. I have figured out that I can add information from subsequent orders to the same big table (and could use a query to ID stuff from specific orders if necessary). I want to mark items received or not received. If I do this in the table, I mess up the column names and importing the order information doesn't work (at least, it doesn't work with my limited knowledge). I have tried to create a form where I add in a checkbox, but I ...

Email of Statements
Can you use another pdf Writer other than Adobe for this feature No, you must use Adobe to use this particular feature. Kind of odd, isn't it? -- Charles Allen, MVP "rcr" wrote: > Can you use another pdf Writer other than Adobe for this feature yes and no. When print to pdf was added - 6.0 i think - there weren't many other options for creating pdf's. OK, now there are. But OK which ones do we add support for? Them all? Support for PDF output must support being able to automatically name the created output file without intervention. And I assume many bu...

vlookup from two sources
[Excel 2003] Is it possible to use syntax to perform a vlookup from a source and then another if the first is False? For example, My primary table of data is called "Materials" and my second source is a range A81:E140 on the same sheet as the vlookup, So something like : =vlookup(A1,Materials,2,vlookup(A1,A81:E140),2,False) Can anyone help with advice on syntax? Thankyou, Roger the false in a Vlookup is the mtach type, not an value to use if the formula is false. =if(iserror(vlookup(A1,Materials,2,false)),Vlookup(A1,A81:E140,2,false),Vlookup(A1,Mate...

Using lookup instead of if-statements, how?
Aloha, Here is screen where I try to explain my problem: http://hem.bredband.net/maromb/example.html On sheet 1 I have a ranking list of with diffrent cities, haulier an differnt cost/weight. Sheet1 Weight A | B | C | D | City | Haulier | 0-2,5 | 5-7| 7-10... ____________________________ City1|Haulier1 | 100 | 95| 80 City1|Haulier2 | 110 | 100| 90 City1|Haulier3 | 120 | 110| 91 City2|Haulier1 | 95 | 90| 87 City2|Haulier2 | 105 | 100| 89 City2|Haulier3 | 107 | 105| 88 On sheet2 I have made a VBA User ...

Using Data Migration Framework to import Contacts and Accounts
I am trying to use the DMF to import data into Contacts and Accounts in CRM 3.0. I am able to import data into accounts successfully. However if I try to import Contact data, it is not successful. I have tried both importing Contact data alongside Account data, and also just Contact data. Either way the import wizard runs but does not import Contacts. Is there something else that needs to be done to import Contacts? Also, is there a special procedure for linking up imported Contacts and Accounts? Right now I am simply setting the AccountID in the cdf_Contact database to create the...

Selection Criteria for Statements
When printing statements, no matter what type of seleciton criteria we enter (ie, print only statements for customers with balance > 0) all statements print. Any ideas ? Store Operations 1.2 SP1 ...

Money 2003 statement download problems
I used Money 2003 with no issues for over a year. It's always been cranky, but now it is no longer automatically downloading bank statements. The information for the accounts is correct and it can connect me to the web pages just fine. IN some cases, Money also does not show new information when I download the ActiveStatement Money file manually from a bank webpage. Also, every time I do manage to download a file, Money crashes when opening it and needs to be restarted. Ideas or suggestions? I swear if I have to buy a new version, it won't be a MS product. Maybe the onl...

join imported Excel 2007 files
I have two Excel 2007 files that I need to join to form one spreedsheet of data. I have the unique identifier column in both files. There will be some records (rows) that are in one file but not in the other that need to be kept as well. How can I pull all of this data together using the unique identifier column in both files? (82,000 records) Hi, Refer to this article http://datapigtechnologies.com/blog/index.php/using-access-to-combine-multiple-excel-files-method-2/ -- Regards, Ashish Mathur Microsoft Excel MVP www.ashishmathur.com "Dayle" <Dayle@d...

Nested IF statement #2
Excel only allows 7 nested If statements, is there a way around this? -- jgannon ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jgannon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29003 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=487455 Without more information, (Like exactly what are you trying to do that you need more than seven nested if statements?) I can't help you. BUT you might try spreading out your function over more than one column, such that the output of one function gives an incomplet...

Any way to Export/Import Exchange settings?
Is there a way to Export the settings for the following: Default Policy (E-mail address Policy) Default SMTP Virt Server, Relay Restrictions, Message Delivery Connector Settings. This would be used in a DR situattion. Thank You On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 11:22:00 -0800, TheITDude <TheITDude@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to Export the settings for the following: >Default Policy (E-mail address Policy) >Default SMTP Virt Server, Relay Restrictions, Message Delivery >Connector Settings. > >This would be used in a DR situattion. Thank You Sure. Exchange Be...

Can I automatically replace data when importing a text file?
I am importing data that has hundreds of numbers like 60003838, 60010813, 60003928, 60003895. I would like to know if there is a way to format the data to change those numbers automaticaly to another value (names) every time I import the data, or is there a way for me to replace all those values automatically? If you have a list that has names behind these numbers you can use a vertical lookup function ( VLOOKUP ). Use Insert - Function, and search for VLOOKUP function and follow the instructions. Hope this helps. "Jake" wrote: > I am importing data that has hund...

If statement with 9 sequences.. problem
Hello everybody, I currently have an IF statement w/8 sequences and it is working properly. I'm doing this for tax purposes. When I try to add one more sequence, it doesn't work. basically I just want to say If B4<529,0. I want it to return a value of zero if cell B4 is < 529. This is my current formula: =IF(B15<943,(B15-529)*0.1,IF(B15<2914,(B15-942)*0.15,IF(B15<3618,(B15-2913)*0.25,IF(B15<4772,(B15-3617)*0.27,IF(B15<5580,(B15-4771)*0.25,IF(B15<8347,(B15-5579)*0.28,IF(B15<14670,(B15-8346)*0.33,IF(B15>14669,(B15-14669)*0.35,0)))))))) P...

2008 money invoice designer completely broken for me
Specs: Vista Ultimate Money 2k8 Home and Biz Trial Both updated I just downloaded the trial version of Money. I plan(ned?) on buying it and using it for my business. The first thing I did after installing, was open the Invoice Designer and try to create an invoice... I say try because it doesn't work -- at all. First, I tried to add my company logo but the logo box becomes attached to my mouse pointer and I cannot resize the logo. I have to hit ESC for the logo box to detach. No matter what I click on in the designer -- label, textbox, logo -- it becomes attached to my mouse...

why doesnt ar account age if it is marked no statement
what does aging have to do with if a customer's statement? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=193905fd-c73a-4c65-a9b0-6410e0795658&dg=microsoft.public.g...

Importing supplier price lists
In RMS, can you import a suppliers price lists? (my understanding is that you can, but the item(s) must exist in the system to begin with. Andrea If you can get the price list is some sort of digital format, you should be able to manipulate it with Excel/Word until you have data that can be imported. You can import the items fairly easily if you have QSImport or other import utility. Basically, you'd be importing the items and populating the lookup code, description, cost, price, etc. but with 0 in the quantity on hand field. As always, importing data is only as valuable as the d...

Can not import *.PST filre into OE V6
Every time I click OUTLOOK to import I get "Cannot import messages to MAPI client". I can however clcik on other email application like Netscape, OE V4&6 and it will let me continue. Thanks!! The .pst file format is specific to Outlook, not Express. Open it in Outlook first and then import into Outlook Express. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having searched the archives, Jarama <james.rama@nokia.com> asked | Every time I click OUTLOOK to import I get | "Cannot import messages to MAPI client"...

Select Query Broken
Does any one know, of the issue in A2k3 With the Query, I was creating some combo list filters, via query's then putting the SQL in a Marco Apply filter. work great then all i sudden, now, when i view the query in normal mode, (NOT Design mode) Its Showing all the fields that are related on the table the query is based on, even though only two fields have been selected. and the show tick is ticked? just for 2, any ideas whats happening here? ive tried repairing and compacting database and also restarting access no luck? On 10 Sep, 16:42, KARL DEWEY <KARLDE...@discussions.microsoft...

Subtotaling on column with IF statement results
I created a spreadsheet with one column having an IF statement - it calculates how much we should re-order per store based on what was sold. I asked it to subtotal for each store - the formula appears in the cell, but it does not calculate the subtotal. I tried saving the column as the values, but it still does not subtotal. When I typed in the numbers, it DID subtotal. What do I need to do so it will subtotal? Thanks for your help. -- STK By any chance are you importing the data from another application? Check out your numbers: does the cell contain an apostrophe and then the numb...

Export/import Groups from Outlook Express
I am transfering files etc. to a new computer and need assistance exporting/importing Groups from Outlook Express. ... I have successfully exported / imported the Contact information, by Groups were not included. ... Thanks. RossD wrote: > I am transfering files etc. to a new computer and need assistance > exporting/importing Groups from Outlook Express. > .. > I have successfully exported / imported the Contact information, by Groups > were not included. > .. > Thanks. Backup and Restore OE http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/backup/index.htm This newsgroup is for suppo...

Import Excel to Word template
I have lost my mind trying to import a list from Excel into an Avery template 5226 to print labels. I have over 2000 labels to make and typing them all just seems stupid. Please tell me there is an easier way to do this. Thanks Use mail merge - the wizard will walk you through it if you've never used it before "DevilDog1978" wrote: > I have lost my mind trying to import a list from Excel into an Avery template > 5226 to print labels. I have over 2000 labels to make and typing them all > just seems stupid. Please tell me there is an easier way to do ...

how do i "import contacts" without Email Addresses?
I was wondering if someone knew how to add a placeholder email address to all contacts? SharePoint wont seem to allow you to import contacts that do not have a email address, and I have a client with 4800 contacts and about 90% don't have email addresses. Manually entering a email address for each would be a giant pain. I'm wondering if there a tool or option in outlook that will simply add "blank@blank.com" to all contacts that do not have anything in their email field? Maybe there is away to import the contacts without a email address, i cant seem to find it anywhere. I hav...

2003 Imports to wrong fields
When I import a QIF statement from my bank(s), money imports the narrative field into the 'Memo' field. That may sound correct, but both of my banks use the Narrative to store the name of the Payee and as such I would like to change the way money imports the file. Does anyone have any ideas that would enable me to import the Narrative field from my banks into the Payee field in Money 2003? In microsoft.public.money, Tim wrote: >When I import a QIF statement from my bank(s), money >imports the narrative field into the 'Memo' field. That >may sound correct, ...

Visio 2003: How do you resize a shape that has been imported?
I am using the import method of a page object. I am successfully importing a .WMF file into my drawing. However, with Visio 2003, the image that imports into Visio 2003 is much bigger than the drawing page. When I am executing the same code with Visio Standard 5c instead, the imported image automatically resizes to the drawing page. I have tried to use the ResizeToFitContents method but this seems to make the drawing page fit the image. But, I need the image to scale down to the drawing page. Does anyone have any ideas? Here is a sample of my VB code. '******************************...