Bought Money 2006, reinstalled computer, now idea how to get it ba

I paid for a copy of Money 2006 Premium. I reinstalled my machine recently
and found a link to download the trial version of MS Money, which I did,
thinking there was a way to reactivate my product, but if there is, I can't
find it. How do I get my paid for version back? I still have my receipt and
can log into the billing support site. Thanks.
0
Architekt (3)
1/16/2006 7:57:02 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Open the sample file. Assign it the Passport you used to buy the copy. Do an
Internet Update. Open your own data file. Next time buy the CD.

"Architekt" <Architekt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I paid for a copy of Money 2006 Premium. I reinstalled my machine recently
> and found a link to download the trial version of MS Money, which I did,
> thinking there was a way to reactivate my product, but if there is, I
> can't
> find it. How do I get my paid for version back? I still have my receipt
> and
> can log into the billing support site. Thanks.

I have my file assigned to the passport I used to buy the copy and I've done
the internet update, in fact, I have all my old account info. That doesn't
register the program. You should be able to re-register a program you
download unless explicitly stated upfront at purchase time that you will not
be able to again after downloading the product, which I did not see. Anyone
have any useful ideas?

"Dick Watson" wrote:

> Open the sample file. Assign it the Passport you used to buy the copy. Do an
> Internet Update. Open your own data file. Next time buy the CD.
>
> "Architekt" <Architekt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I paid for a copy of Money 2006 Premium. I reinstalled my machine recently
> > and found a link to download the trial version of MS Money, which I did,
> > thinking there was a way to reactivate my product, but if there is, I
> > can't
> > find it. How do I get my paid for version back? I still have my receipt
> > and
> > can log into the billing support site. Thanks.

0
Architekt (3)
1/17/2006 7:39:02 AM
You already got my useful idea. If you read more posts you will probably
find it's pretty much everybody else's useful idea as well.

In microsoft.public.money, Architekt wrote:

>I have my file assigned to the passport I used to buy the copy and I've done
>the internet update, in fact, I have all my old account info. That doesn't
>register the program. You should be able to re-register a program you
>download unless explicitly stated upfront at purchase time that you will not
>be able to again after downloading the product, which I did not see. Anyone
>have any useful ideas?
>
>"Dick Watson" wrote:
>
>> Open the sample file. Assign it the Passport you used to buy the copy. Do an
>> Internet Update. Open your own data file. Next time buy the CD.
>>
>> "Architekt" <Architekt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I paid for a copy of Money 2006 Premium. I reinstalled my machine recently
>> > and found a link to download the trial version of MS Money, which I did,
>> > thinking there was a way to reactivate my product, but if there is, I
>> > can't
>> > find it. How do I get my paid for version back? I still have my receipt
>> > and
>> > can log into the billing support site. Thanks.

Try creating a new admin XP user. Create a new Money file as that
user, with that Passport.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
1/17/2006 11:08:47 PM
I have the exact same problem and have tried ALL the suggestions I have
found in this newsgroup, help files, KB articles, etc with NO luck. I did
find, somewhere, in my MSN account info, a list of products/services I have
bought and the line item for Money 2006 had a status of  "Closed" (or
something to that effect) with a date on it that was 30 or 60 days after the
purchase date: I beleive this is the reason the product won't authenticate
(looking for an active status or something).

The worst part is there seems to be no way to get MS support without paying
for it! There is free support for payed product but the product code you
need you cant get because the product won't validate itself! So I keep
checking this newsgroup every day hoping for a new solution to pop up but so
far no dice.

-Ron

> In microsoft.public.money, Architekt wrote:
>
>>I have my file assigned to the passport I used to buy the copy and I've
>>done
>>the internet update, in fact, I have all my old account info. That doesn't
>>register the program. You should be able to re-register a program you
>>download unless explicitly stated upfront at purchase time that you will
>>not
>>be able to again after downloading the product, which I did not see.
>>Anyone
>>have any useful ideas?
>>
>>"Dick Watson" wrote:
>>
>>> Open the sample file. Assign it the Passport you used to buy the copy.
>>> Do an
>>> Internet Update. Open your own data file. Next time buy the CD.
>>>
>>> "Architekt" <Architekt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>

> Try creating a new admin XP user. Create a new Money file as that
> user, with that Passport.

0
rmann7 (7)
1/18/2006 2:36:21 AM
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/889930/en-us

-Mark
"Ron Mann" <rmann7@msn.com> wrote in message
> I have the exact same problem and have tried ALL the suggestions I have
> found in this newsgroup, help files, KB articles, etc with NO luck. I did
> find, somewhere, in my MSN account info, a list of products/services I
have
> bought and the line item for Money 2006 had a status of  "Closed" (or
> something to that effect) with a date on it that was 30 or 60 days after
the
> purchase date: I beleive this is the reason the product won't authenticate
> (looking for an active status or something).
>
> The worst part is there seems to be no way to get MS support without
paying
> for it! There is free support for payed product but the product code you
> need you cant get because the product won't validate itself! So I keep
> checking this newsgroup every day hoping for a new solution to pop up but
so
> far no dice.
>
> -Ron
>
> "Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message
> > In microsoft.public.money, Architekt wrote:
> >
> >>I have my file assigned to the passport I used to buy the copy and I've
> >>done
> >>the internet update, in fact, I have all my old account info. That
doesn't
> >>register the program. You should be able to re-register a program you
> >>download unless explicitly stated upfront at purchase time that you will
> >>not
> >>be able to again after downloading the product, which I did not see.
> >>Anyone
> >>have any useful ideas?

> > Try creating a new admin XP user. Create a new Money file as that
> > user, with that Passport.

0
abcd7779 (838)
1/18/2006 10:35:07 PM
As I said already: I HAVE TRIED ALL THESE SUGGESTIONS INCLUDING ALL
SUGGESTIONS IN THE REFERENCED KB (short of contacting MS as they want money
to get support!).

When I first purchase Money 2006 it downloaded and installed fine and
downloaded the updates and worked for months with no problems -- until I had
to rebuild my system and re-install. I have sinced un-installed, cleaned up,
re-installed multiple times and EACH time it installs fine, starts
downloading the updates on first install and is fine UNTIL THE UPDATES
COMPLETE, exit Money, shutdown and re-boot, log back into Money and it again
says Trial version. VERY FRUSTRATING.

I still suspect the problem lies with the fact that my purchase status on
the billing site indicates that my Money 2006 "service" was "Cancled" 30
days after the initial "29$ one time fee" purchase. Of course the only way I
can prove it at this point would be to a:> buy another copy and try
re-installing it after the billing site "cancels" my service or b:> get
someone to change the cancled status of my Money 2006 purchase to see if my
Trial status goes away.

-Ron

"Mark" <abcd@abcd.com> wrote in message

> -Mark
> "Ron Mann" <rmann7@msn.com> wrote in message
>> I have the exact same problem and have tried ALL the suggestions I have
>> found in this newsgroup, help files, KB articles, etc with NO luck. I did
>> find, somewhere, in my MSN account info, a list of products/services I
> have
>> bought and the line item for Money 2006 had a status of  "Closed" (or
>> something to that effect) with a date on it that was 30 or 60 days after
> the
>> purchase date: I beleive this is the reason the product won't
>> authenticate
>> (looking for an active status or something).
>>
>> The worst part is there seems to be no way to get MS support without
> paying
>> for it! There is free support for payed product but the product code you
>> need you cant get because the product won't validate itself! So I keep
>> checking this newsgroup every day hoping for a new solution to pop up but
> so
>> far no dice.
>>
>> -Ron
>>
>> "Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message

> doesn't

>> > Try creating a new admin XP user. Create a new Money file as that
>> > user, with that Passport.

0
rmann7 (7)
1/21/2006 1:37:06 AM
Depending on the price you are willing to pay for hassle and the strength of
your conviction with regard to the principle of the thing, you might
consider just going to Sam's Club and dropping the $19 you should have
dropped in the first place and getting the CD and being done with this
online license mickey mouse.

> buy another copy and try re-installing it after the billing site "cancels"
> my service

Money 2005 Crash and Unusable Myisam05.dll
My Money Deluxe 2005 cannot open my file, nor can it open any of the 3 backups. The crash references "Myisam05.dll." I read the KB and the one post I found here, but I do not use investment toolbox. I cannot get to MS support, because I cannot even open Money for more than a few seconds before it crashes. I did try the Money 2006 Trial and it was able to open the file without an issue. However, I cannot figure out why 2005 no longer works. One other observationis that the current files have balooned in size, whereas the old, outdated backups and new 2006 backup are simil...

Computer Projector
Hi. Our local astronomy club acquired a used XP SP3 mini-tower for the clubhouse, only one video port. We have a 15' video cable to hook up a computer projector. Question. What's the best way to hook up the projector? Video cable splitter? A second video card? Replace the video card with a two port unit? Any advice is appreciated...Dennis Dennis Allen wrote: > Hi. Our local astronomy club acquired a used XP SP3 mini-tower for the > clubhouse, only one video port. We have a 15' video cable to hook up a > computer projector. Question. What'...

2004 trial, how do I get rid of it?
My trial is over, and I want my Money 2002 back. Does anyone know how I can do that? The easiest way is to use control panel->add/remove programs to remove the 2004 trial pieces (there are two programs to uninstall). Then reinstall 2002 and use the backup file created when you first installed Money 2004 - it'll be named something like My Money.M10. Any transactions entered in the trial which you want to keep will need to be re-entered into the 2002 version, as you can't downgrade a file from 2004 to 2002. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.co...

Update MSN Services with Money 2007
How can I update the Portfoglio and Accounts on MSN with MS Money 2007 Deluxe version ??? Thank you. Bye. Paolo B. Italy In microsoft.public.money, Paolo B. wrote: >How can I update the Portfoglio and Accounts on MSN with MS Money 2007 >Deluxe version ??? Transactions that you enter yourself into Microsoft Money 2007 would not be forwarded out to MSN Money. This keeps that info on your own computer. For institutions with their own OFX servers, you would have to set up those accounts to download into MSN Money also. Accounts where the data comes in via "third party" ...

Where to get missing msvcp70.dll?
After I uninstalled a bunch of software, when I run an app it says app failed because msvcp70.dll was not found. Re-installing that app does not help. I guess I need to restore the missing msvcp70.dll. What is the official way to get it? Some sites offer this file for download but I'm not sure the files are genuine. In my system32 folder there is msvcp50.dll, msvcp60.dll, msvcp71.dll, but no msvcp70.dll. It is not in the recycle bin either :( "james" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:#XS21G1gKHA.5520@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > After I un...

get rid of macro option at startup
I created and then deleted a macro in an Excel file. Why do I still get the warning box (i.e. the one asking if I want to enable or disable macros) when I open the file? Is there a way to get rid of this since I no longer have macros in this file? Thanks. Brad You need to delete the empty module.! Bill K "Brad Rench" <brench@comcast.net> wrote in message news:kSOdnb0Jjst9afaiXTWJkg@comcast.com... > I created and then deleted a macro in an Excel file. > > Why do I still get the warning box (i.e. the one asking if I want to enable > or disable macros) when I o...

AOL IMAP account
I have set up AOL email account as IMAP type and keep getting pop up in outlook " your IMAP server wants to alert you the following: Can't read attachment for message 6438. this pops up for many times and each time the number is different. new profile same issue. Office Version:Office 2007 Operating System:Windows Vista / Windows 7 - same issue. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently p...

Upgrading
I want to upgrade from Microsoft Money Financial Suite OEM Edition Version 11.0 to latest version but on trying to open the money file in Microsoft Money 2007 I get the following error message: File was created by an incompatible version Question 1: As the old version was pre-loaded into the Computer when I bought it in India, I don't know which country US/Canada/UK/Australia this software belongs to. So how can I confirm which country is it for? Question 2: And, how can I upgrade it to a version of Money from US or UK. -- Kapil ...

Exchange 2003 SP1 to get DST patch & Exchange 2000 patch is available to anyone for $4,000
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C746B0.CFF31030 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable http://blogs.technet.com/hied_west_blog/archive/2007/02/01/dst-2007-updat= e-outlook-time-zone-data-update-tool-released-february-1-2007.aspx In the "New Highlights" section: "Exchange Server 2003 SP1 will now be = supported for an updated version of the Exchange CDO patch to be = released shortly." and "DST Hotfixes for products in Extended Support can now be purchased for = ...

Error 1606 Money Service Pack 2002
I have tried all of the suggested fixes that I've seen on these boards for the error 1606. I now have no money program, I can not reinstall the money program and the error still pops up in my Turbo Tax and it is driving me crazy! I can not delete the service pack from the add or remove programs applet. I would very much like to finish the taxes before the 15Th. Does someone know what is going on? I've deleted registry keys, done clean boots, tried to eliminate every vestige of the program that can be found yet, when I try to reinstall from the disk, I'm stymied by Error...

Backup Money 2007 to DVD
I can backup Money 2007 H&B via CD using C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CD Burning\MY Money Backup but I want to backup with DVD. How do I do this?????? When exited from Money, use your favorite burning software and burn a DVD from the file? "Chris109" <Chris109@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64AEF5D0-105A-4392-BA6D-369A7F31FEF8@microsoft.com... >I can backup Money 2007 H&B via CD using C:\Documents and > Settings\Chris\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CD Burning\MY > Money > Backup...

Converting Money 2000 Canadian to Money 2006 Canadian
Hi, Can anyone confirm that such a conversion is possible? I was hoping to convert to Money 2007 but was unsuccessful. I'll live with Money 2006 Canadian but I want to ensure the conversion is possible first. I don't want to drop the money on it to find out it doesn't work. Thanks in advance, In microsoft.public.money, smurfgun wrote: > >Can anyone confirm that such a conversion is possible? I was hoping to >convert to Money 2007 but was unsuccessful. I'll live with Money 2006 >Canadian but I want to ensure the conversion is possible first. I don'...

Can't open Money 2002
Been using Money 2002 for 2 years no problem until now. When I tried to open it, a window popped up (maybe showing a registry or something) for about 1 second, then... nothing. I even did a reinstall and at the end of the installation when Money is supposed to open, the same weird window popped up and then again... nothing. I have Norton antivirus with automatic updates. All other programs seem to be working fine. Any suggestions from all you experts out there? Thanks. Byron In microsoft.public.money, Byron wrote: >Been using Money 2002 for 2 years no problem until now. >When ...

Getting kicked of outlook2003
Every time I print directly after I get kicked offline Do you mean that Outlook closes? "jp614" <jp614@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:150AB89F-0A3D-4D31-B2EF-0E3E1A852199@microsoft.com... > Every time I print directly after I get kicked offline No, It completely boots me off the network. When I loose connection to Outlook it takes my computer offline--looses connection... "Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" wrote: > Do you mean that Outlook closes? > > "jp614" <jp614@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > ...

get rid of extra spaces between paragraphs worked only once.
Changed style from Word 7 to Word 3, used help online, but still have 2 left with spaces I cannot get rid of on my last page. Got any help for me? -- Only fools and bigots prefer French over Spanish to be taught in public or private schools. In the Styles pane (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S), right-click the style name and choose Modify from the context menu. In the Modify Style dialog box, click Format, Paragraph. Make sure that Line Spacing is what you want, and that Spacing Before and Spacing After are both set to zero. Click OK. To transfer the style definition to the attached template, d...

ebay - ereseller stook my money
a terrible thing happenned to me on ebay. i am a disabled woman in and eresellers took my money and never sent my washer. his email address is david@tropivision.com. anything that you can do to help would be nice. ebay is doing nothing. i can give a reward This group is for discussing the Microsoft Money computer program. Does it really sound like an eBay buyer complaint forum? Do a google search on ebay and you will find a couple of groups, one of which may reply to your problem. That ebay seller has been selling on ebay for over 5 years. arthur -- On 1 Jun 2004 13:50:08 -0700, (An...

New Computer #3
How do I move my settings, emails, address book, etc... to my new computer. I'm mostly concerned with Outlook because it's the program I use most often. I have an older computer running WIN2K Pro. I purchased a new Dell computer with Windows XP Pro also with Office 2003. Again how do I make my new Outlook have all the information and settings that my old computer has. I do have both computers connected on my home network and they can see each other. But I'm not sure what to copy over. Any help would be very helpful. Thank You, Paul The file you need to copy and re-use up ...

Get firefox- The fastest web browser in the world!
FireFox is a web browser created by Mozilla,it's the fatest web browser in whole world download now from site: http://hot-firefox.blogspot.com/ joke-master wrote: > FireFox is a web browser created by Mozilla,it's the fatest web > browser in whole world > download now from site: > http://hot-firefox.blogspot.com/ > If you don't mind it's memory leaks. If you re-boot each day it may not be a problem for you. Al ...

Cannot install Money Plus
I have Money 2002 and uninstalled it. Wanted to upgrade to a new version of Money. Tried to install Money Plus Deluxe (trial version) and keep getting error Setup was unable to install some of the components needed to run Money. Try installing Money again. Its HP M9300t Vista Home Premium system. I tried the software on my XP computer and it work fine. So there must be a problem with Vista. Any help would be appreciated. I am having the same problem, but mine is in XP. I need a resolution quickly, because having had to uninstall Money 2003, I am now left without any checkbook regist...

Re: Money class and Fixed Decimal Class in C++
I am rewriting code that utilized Rogue Wave Money class and their fixed double class. Where can a find code to use for this. I assume that there are millions of applications written that have required rounding of numbers to represent currency. Thanks for your assistance That's a pretty vague question. Lacking any specifications of the classes involved, figuring out how to reimplement them is problematic. I first learned how to do this in 1965. It is old technology. Just figure out where you want the trucation and keep the value in those units, e.g., cents, millicents, etc. The...

Can we get newsgroups with Windows Live Mail?
Currently we have WindowsXP, SP3, OE. How will Windows7 get newsgroups? Will these be part of "Windows Live Mail" as they are in OE? Please help, Frank Newsgroups work virtually the same in WLMail as they do in OE. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Frank Martin" <fm@general.com.au> wrote in message news:uybUM2d2KHA.2284@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Currently we have WindowsXP, SP3, OE. > > How will Windows7 get newsgroups? Will these be part of "Windows Live > Mail" as they ...

merge accounts in 2006
Hi... I am using Money Small Business 2006... does anyone know why I am unable to merge duplicate accounts? I had problems downloading statements so had to create new accounts.. ie: checking, checking #1, checking #2.. How can I merge all of these back into one account? When I try to merge duplicate accounts, it says there are no accounts to merge. Any ideas on how I can condense all of my data? The only way I can figure it out so far is to go to each individual transaction in the duplicate accounts, right click and choose copy to account. This will take forever that way. Is there a way t...

Sending multiple Emails so each person does not get the list
We want to send out multiple emails to several email accounts. We dont want the accounts to see the list of accounts that the email went to. How does one do this in Outlook? In any contacts folder, Tools | Mail Merge is the best choice. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "tom" <Spamblocker@ameritech.net> wrote in message = ...