Bill Pay functions (new to Money)

I'm just setting up and learning my Microsoft Money.
I already pay my bills (some automatically, some manually) through my local 
bank checking account. I have added that account to Money.

If I set up Money's bill pay, are my bills going to get paid TWICE? 
0
ConnieVH (3)
5/23/2006 11:32:01 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

14 Replies
573 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 53

"ConnieVH" <ConnieVH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:8DF37BC1-380A-40F9-9F27-0A8AA0A028C2@microsoft.com...
> I'm just setting up and learning my Microsoft Money.
> I already pay my bills (some automatically, some manually) through my 
> local
> bank checking account. I have added that account to Money.
>
> If I set up Money's bill pay, are my bills going to get paid TWICE?

If you have scheduled bills more than once (ie monthly) and your bank 
supports bill pay from within Money, cancel the future payments of that 
bill, then recreate it in Money. Otherwise it might not be in sync.

Confer with your bank's bill pay tech support for specific guidance. My 
experience with my bank (Wachovia) is that they're helpful.
-- 
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL



0
spam_magnet (1210)
5/23/2006 11:37:57 PM
Thanks Chris for the very prompt response!
But it seems like a lot of duplicated effort. My bank's bill pay is working 
just fine - why change it over to Money? I'd like to monitor it from Money, 
but not cancel and re-create anything. When I added my bank account 
information, I now see my balance in Money. Doesn't Money's bill pay work the 
same way? I just want to SEE it from Money. 

"Chris Cowles" wrote:

> "ConnieVH" <ConnieVH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:8DF37BC1-380A-40F9-9F27-0A8AA0A028C2@microsoft.com...
> > I'm just setting up and learning my Microsoft Money.
> > I already pay my bills (some automatically, some manually) through my 
> > local
> > bank checking account. I have added that account to Money.
> >
> > If I set up Money's bill pay, are my bills going to get paid TWICE?
> 
> If you have scheduled bills more than once (ie monthly) and your bank 
> supports bill pay from within Money, cancel the future payments of that 
> bill, then recreate it in Money. Otherwise it might not be in sync.
> 
> Confer with your bank's bill pay tech support for specific guidance. My 
> experience with my bank (Wachovia) is that they're helpful.
> -- 
> Chris Cowles
> Gainesville, FL
> 
> 
> 
> 
0
ConnieVH (3)
5/23/2006 11:48:01 PM
The way you want to do it is just fine. Many people do it like that.

I use Wells Fargo, and they charge more to use bill pay through Money than 
on their website. Or at least they used to, when I considered which method I 
wanted to use (a long time ago). Plus Money has had problems connecting 
directly to many FI's ("try your call again later" messages and so forth), 
whereas, if you can connect to the internet, you can use the bank's website.

There are some very minor advantages to using bill pay through Money. For 
example, when you download transactions from the bank's website, Money 
doesn't always mark the bills paid in Scheduled Bills and Deposits, so they 
show up as overdue until you go "Skip payment." This is way too minor for me 
to consider switching, as using the bank's website works so well in general.

HTH,

Susan

"ConnieVH" <ConnieVH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:AEC5D10A-37FE-49D7-9731-A0394CBA5B20@microsoft.com...
> Thanks Chris for the very prompt response!
> But it seems like a lot of duplicated effort. My bank's bill pay is 
> working
> just fine - why change it over to Money? I'd like to monitor it from 
> Money,
> but not cancel and re-create anything. When I added my bank account
> information, I now see my balance in Money. Doesn't Money's bill pay work 
> the
> same way? I just want to SEE it from Money.
>
> "Chris Cowles" wrote:
>
>> "ConnieVH" <ConnieVH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:8DF37BC1-380A-40F9-9F27-0A8AA0A028C2@microsoft.com...
>> > I'm just setting up and learning my Microsoft Money.
>> > I already pay my bills (some automatically, some manually) through my
>> > local
>> > bank checking account. I have added that account to Money.
>> >
>> > If I set up Money's bill pay, are my bills going to get paid TWICE?
>>
>> If you have scheduled bills more than once (ie monthly) and your bank
>> supports bill pay from within Money, cancel the future payments of that
>> bill, then recreate it in Money. Otherwise it might not be in sync.
>>
>> Confer with your bank's bill pay tech support for specific guidance. My
>> experience with my bank (Wachovia) is that they're helpful.
>> -- 
>> Chris Cowles
>> Gainesville, FL
>>
>>
>>
>> 


0
5/24/2006 12:43:45 AM
On 2006-05-24, harrelsonesq <harrelsonesq2@yahoo.com> wrote:
> There are some very minor advantages to using bill pay through Money. For 
> example, when you download transactions from the bank's website, Money 
> doesn't always mark the bills paid in Scheduled Bills and Deposits, so they 
> show up as overdue until you go "Skip payment." This is way too minor for me 
> to consider switching, as using the bank's website works so well in general.

Before I integrated my Bill Paying w/in Money, I had this same
problem, but the way that I handled it was to enter the bill into the
register immediately after I paid it on the bank's website.  When I
eventually downloaded that transaction from my bank, it would match
the downloaded transaction and the existing one in the register.

This also allowed me to set up splits for some of the payments that
I make.  For example, the payment to the cable company consists of
some part "Bills: Online/Internet" and "Bills: Cable/Satellite TV".
I don't get this information from the transaction download, so if
I want that information I either have to enter it manually when the
transaction downloads or use the scheduled bill which already has it.
I chose to use the scheduled bill.

The primary advantage that I see of integrating Bill Pay w/in Money
is that I can skip entering the bill twice: once in Money and once
at the bank.  Eventually these transactions match and all works
out, but by doing Bill Pay directly in Money, I simply enter the
bill once and the bank gets the right information.  IMHO, it saves
quite a bit of time on the 1st & 15th.

$.02
0
mark5832 (444)
5/24/2006 10:57:11 AM
"ConnieVH" <ConnieVH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:AEC5D10A-37FE-49D7-9731-A0394CBA5B20@microsoft.com...
>
> But it seems like a lot of duplicated effort. My bank's bill pay is 
> working
> just fine - why change it over to Money?

Because, if it works, you no longer have to go to your bank's web site. You 
can create payments directly within Money.

Do what works for you.
-- 
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL



0
spam_magnet (1210)
5/24/2006 1:38:18 PM
And, you get to control if, when and how much to pay against the bill. 
Which is how it's supposed to be.

The OP is referring to automatic payments that billers pull from a bank 
account.  This gives up control for convenience, IMO.  Money is designed 
to track your bills, and remind before they are due.  But you always 
have to initiate the payment, by a few mouse clicks.

Chris Cowles wrote:

> "ConnieVH" <ConnieVH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:AEC5D10A-37FE-49D7-9731-A0394CBA5B20@microsoft.com...
> 
>>But it seems like a lot of duplicated effort. My bank's bill pay is 
>>working
>>just fine - why change it over to Money?
> 
> 
> Because, if it works, you no longer have to go to your bank's web site. You 
> can create payments directly within Money.
> 
> Do what works for you.

0
Retired
5/24/2006 4:07:54 PM
"Retired Coal Miner" <...@...> wrote in message 
news:A7ydnXNwWNF2GenZnZ2dnUVZ_tWdnZ2d@comcast.com...
> And, you get to control if, when and how much to pay against the bill. 
> Which is how it's supposed to be.
>
> The OP is referring to automatic payments that billers pull from a bank 
> account.  This gives up control for convenience, IMO.  Money is designed 
> to track your bills, and remind before they are due.  But you always have 
> to initiate the payment, by a few mouse clicks.

I have several bills drafted automatically from my credit card account. The 
credit card account drafts full balance monthly from my checking account. 
My paycheck is direct deposited to my checking account. All of that happens 
with plenty of notice from all parties, and it posts automatically in 
Money. I just sit back and watch.

Works for me.
-- 
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL



0
spam_magnet (1210)
5/24/2006 10:01:55 PM
I would agree that integration between my bank and Money would be great. But 
please remember that I'm just learning about this. I'd like to be able to 
track and chart my monthlies -- I just don't want duplicate payments. If I am 
assured that will not happen, I'll explore further.

Thanks to all.

"Chris Cowles" wrote:

> "Retired Coal Miner" <...@...> wrote in message 
> news:A7ydnXNwWNF2GenZnZ2dnUVZ_tWdnZ2d@comcast.com...
> > And, you get to control if, when and how much to pay against the bill. 
> > Which is how it's supposed to be.
> >
> > The OP is referring to automatic payments that billers pull from a bank 
> > account.  This gives up control for convenience, IMO.  Money is designed 
> > to track your bills, and remind before they are due.  But you always have 
> > to initiate the payment, by a few mouse clicks.
> 
> I have several bills drafted automatically from my credit card account. The 
> credit card account drafts full balance monthly from my checking account. 
> My paycheck is direct deposited to my checking account. All of that happens 
> with plenty of notice from all parties, and it posts automatically in 
> Money. I just sit back and watch.
> 
> Works for me.
> -- 
> Chris Cowles
> Gainesville, FL
> 
> 
> 
> 
0
ConnieVH (3)
5/24/2006 10:21:01 PM
"ConnieVH" <ConnieVH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:9754AB96-8706-4D47-82E0-DDA6004105FE@microsoft.com...
>I would agree that integration between my bank and Money would be great. 
>But
> please remember that I'm just learning about this. I'd like to be able to
> track and chart my monthlies -- I just don't want duplicate payments. If 
> I am
> assured that will not happen, I'll explore further.

If your bank supports billpay within Money, that is the case. Confirm with 
your bank's bill pay tech support staff.
-- 
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL



0
spam_magnet (1210)
5/25/2006 2:22:49 AM
Connie, the only way to insure you do not get duplicates would be to 
turn off the bills that are paid directly from your bank (the bill 
payments that existed before money ever came onto the scene).  There's 
no facility in money that does: if you do a bill pay through money, 
check if a duplicate automatic bill payment already exists.  The money 
bill payments and the pre-existing automatic bill payments will never 
know about each other.

You turn off the existing automatic bill payments by taking some action 
with the billers.  So you have to contact each biller, not the bank, 
because the automatic payment agreement is between you and the biller, 
not between you and the bank.

In my past experience, when you setup and agree to these automatic 
payment arrangements, you typically agree that to turn off the auto 
payments, you must notify the biller in writing.  They make it easy to 
setup and start, but a little harder to turn off (billers want you to 
stick with this, because they get an electronic payment each month for 
whatever amount they bill you).  Also, in my past experience, if you 
call the billers customer service number and act like you don't know 
about the 'notify us in writing to turn it off' requirement, they 
usually turn if off with that phone call.  And, bigger organizations are 
pretty good about sending you notices with the monthly statement saying 
'this is the last auto payment, next month please remember to pay 
manually'.

ConnieVH wrote:
> I would agree that integration between my bank and Money would be great. But 
> please remember that I'm just learning about this. I'd like to be able to 
> track and chart my monthlies -- I just don't want duplicate payments. If I am 
> assured that will not happen, I'll explore further.
> 
> Thanks to all.

0
Retired
5/25/2006 4:56:18 AM
"Retired Coal Miner" <...@...> wrote in message 
news:x5ednT8-ncufpOjZnZ2dnUVZ_vmdnZ2d@comcast.com...
> Connie, the only way to insure you do not get duplicates would be to turn 
> off the bills that are paid directly from your bank (the bill payments 
> that existed before money ever came onto the scene).  There's no facility 
> in money that does: if you do a bill pay through money, check if a 
> duplicate automatic bill payment already exists.  The money bill payments 
> and the pre-existing automatic bill payments will never know about each 
> other.

It may be possible to have both. For example, you could record an estimated 
monthly bill on Money, for 'direct debit'. You could also have the bill set 
up on the bank's web site to draft your checking account.

When the transaction took place at the bank, it could download into Money. 
You could match the downloaded transaction to the one existing in Money. 
That merge would eliminate duplication. Money probably would learn the 
association between most of the payees and suggest the match automatically.

If you have to go to the web site to initiate payment, I don't understand 
why you'd bother with what I describe above. Either manage your bills in 
Money (assuming bank supports direct billpay) or manage your bills on the 
web. Why do both?

Am I missing something?
-- 
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL



0
spam_magnet (1210)
5/25/2006 12:21:44 PM
Chris Cowles wrote:
> 
> If you have to go to the web site to initiate payment, I don't understand 
> why you'd bother with what I describe above. Either manage your bills in 
> Money (assuming bank supports direct billpay) or manage your bills on the 
> web. Why do both?
> 
> Am I missing something?

Don�t think you're missing anything, I wasn't suggesting it be done both 
ways.

Automatic bill payments (outside of Money) can be setup two ways: 
between you and the biller, or between you and a bank. In the between 
you and the biller arrangement, you sign an agreement with a utility, 
phone company or credit card company to have them pull an amount from a 
bank account every month.  The amount typically varies each month, and 
the biller withdraws (pulls) an amount from your account.

In the you and the bank scenario, you go to a banks website and setup a 
monthly bill payment, to be sent to a biller.  This is an agreement 
between you and the bank, the bank pushes the amount to the biller each 
month. To work automatically with no logging into the banks website, the 
amount has to be the same each month.  (Footnote, at one time the 
predecessor to Wachovia and First Union had a bill presentment system 
integrated into their web-based bill payment system. It had a feature 
such that if an incoming bill matched up with an automatic monthly 
payment, and the bill�s amount due varied each month, you could setup a 
+/- threshold that if the amount due fell within the threshold, the bill 
would get paid automatically with no manual intervention on your part).

I read the OP questions as having bill payments setup between her and 
the biller, not between her and the bank.  In rereading the first post, 
now I'm not sure.  If bills are setup between her and the biller, and if 
she takes no action, those bills will continue to be paid until she 
turns them off.

Not sure how Money would work when newly start to use money, your bank 
already has bill payments setup via their website, and the bank supports 
syncing and bill payment through money, But, I suppose one of only two 
things could happen, the preexisting automatic payments show up in Money 
or they do not.  If they do not, you simply go to the banks website and 
turn each one off, if you want to have Money takeover.

0
Retired
5/25/2006 5:01:14 PM
"Retired Coal Miner" <...@...> wrote in message 
news:nvSdnTgPTahAf-jZRVn-tQ@comcast.com...
>
> Not sure how Money would work when newly start to use money, your bank 
> already has bill payments setup via their website, and the bank supports 
> syncing and bill payment through money, But, I suppose one of only two 
> things could happen, the preexisting automatic payments show up in Money 
> or they do not.  If they do not, you simply go to the banks website and 
> turn each one off, if you want to have Money takeover.

I think in all cases they'd show up in Money. The difference would be 
whether it happens when the bank generates the payment, or the payee 
deposits it.

If it's a bank-generated payment and not created in Money, you lose the 
ability to track the status in Money. It will show up in Money once it 
clears, just like an ATM withdrawal. 


0
spam_magnet (1210)
5/25/2006 11:00:45 PM
I see where all the transactions will show up in the account registers 
in Money, after the bank posts the payments, i.e., just like any other 
withdrawal or deposit.

But I took the question to mean 'if I have recurring monthly payments 
setup via my bank's website bill payment scheme, will those recurring 
monthly payments show up in Money's bills and deposits list when I start 
using Money with my bank, and will Money take over control of those 
payments, and even if the payments show up is there a change the 
payments might be duplicated?' Maybe I read too much into this.

I do know there's a command in the transaction standard Money and banks 
use to sync with other that can create a recurring monthly payment from 
within Money. Whether an initial usage of Money can pickup existing 
recurring payments already setup at a bank I don't know, but I would 
like to know. And based on the transaction command set, I think its doable.

Chris Cowles wrote:
> I think in all cases they'd show up in Money. The difference would be 
> whether it happens when the bank generates the payment, or the payee 
> deposits it.
> 
> If it's a bank-generated payment and not created in Money, you lose the 
> ability to track the status in Money. It will show up in Money once it 
> clears, just like an ATM withdrawal. 
> 
> 

0
Retired
5/26/2006 5:34:13 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Shocking mistake with comparitor function by Microsoft programmers!
If you think only I make rookie mistakes, check out this howler made by Microsoft programmers. When I've done a custom comparison I've always made sure the form was proper. I even had fits over the "equality" operation; I forget the issue, but it was critical that a value be returned that is logical. Below, it seems the value returns depends on chance. I'm surprised it did not crash, like the author below states. RL http://www.robweir.com/blog/2010/02/microsoft-random-browser-ballot.html In this case Microsoft gave the following comparison function: fu...

Functional Currency #2
Hi Everyone, Can anyone help me out in solving the issue I set up a new company and copied all the set-up over from another company. I would like to change the functional currency for the new company, but am getting a "Activity for the currency already exits. The functional currency can't be changed" warning. Note: I have not entered any transactions. GP 9.0 Thanks Danielle, You will need to run two procedures to reset your multicurrency tables for the new company, as follows: 1) Run a clear data (Microsoft Dynamics GP > Maintenance > Clear Data) on the fol...

Copy Business Portal Role to New Role
Would like to be able to create a new Business Portal role based upon the attributes of an existing role (clone). Lisa, Thanks for using the newsgroup and for your suggestion. The functionality you want is being implemented for version 3.0 of Business Portal. Thank you, Rob Bernhardt[MSFT] Software Test Engineer Microsoft Business Solutions This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Lisa Williams" wrote: > Would like to be able to create a new Business Portal role based upon the > attributes of an existing role (clone). ...

New project
I have an excel spreadsheet which holds our entire multiple choice exam question database. At the moment creating a 50 question exam paper in Word to print off for students is a lengthly process, involving pasting each Catagory Title, Question and the three possible answers into a Word template. What I would like is somthing that allows me to select a radio button for each of the questions I would like to appear in the exam and then export that data into the required parts of a template at the touch of a button. Am I asking too much? I was thinking maybe a macro? Unfortunatel...

incorrect balance when upgrading from Money 2002 to 2004
I just completed installing Money 2004 over Money 2002. Thanks to Money 2004, my balance is now $624 Gillion dollars (bigger than even Bill's I suspect). The running balance column is nothing but red dollar signs. The payment and deposit columns, however, appear to be correct. I am running XP Pro. I received no errors during the installation. (I disabled Norton antivirus software during the installation). I can find no reference to this in the knowledge base or in the newsgroup listing (or I'm not asking the question using the right words). What should I do? Can somebody hel...

Outlook 2003- Getting the same emails
OS = Windows Vista Home Premium Outlook Version = 2003 This just started to happen (no changes to Outlook config) Have 24 emails, but only get the same 6 -8 each time. Then I receive the following error message: Task 'RoadRunner - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC90) : 'Your incoming (POP3) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: ' Can anyone define the problem and fix? Thanks Bob Hatala Bob Hatala <Bob Hatala> wrote: > OS...

new internet carrier & I can't make outlook work
switched internet carriers now have comcast.net cannot send or recieve Outlook e-mail Comcast e-mail works fine, but not on Craigs List In news:E1C044F1-3490-40C5-94CF-E1C997CCA5A2@microsoft.com, Quinton567 <Quinton567@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > switched internet carriers > now have comcast.net > cannot send or recieve Outlook e-mail > Comcast e-mail works fine, but not on Craigs List What does Craig's List (and web browsing) have to do with your email, or Outlook? Who hosts your email? Comcast? You need to make sure you use their server for your POP server...

Money 2006 not loading all downloaded transactions
I have loaded 2006 and tried to import my entire bank transactions, 806 in all. The file only populates up to 700. When I create a new file and try a last 60 days download, it cuts off at 50 transactions. It says I have unreviewed transactions but I can not get them to fill on the screen. I have checked my logs and all the transactions are there. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and still same thing. Money 2005 does not behave in this manner. What is going on with this? In microsoft.public.money, Julsy wrote: >I have loaded 2006 and tried to import my entire bank transactions, 8...

writing Outlook E-Mail config File via LDAP when creating a new User?
Hi, the programm I'm writing is for a school to create the userprofiles of the pupils in Active Directory. every user has an exchange 2003 email adress and as for that it exists in the LDAP adressbook which is accessible in outlook 2k3. is it possible, to create an outlook config file, that automatically uses the email adress of the special user and that automatically uses the right login data to access the ldap adressbook? the reason why i want to do this, is that the user doesn't need to configure outlook after the first login by himself to use his email adress and the adr...

Money 2006: Doing a restore
I am going to do a restore from my last backup. I am sure that the restore is something accessible from the File menu. What I want to know is, does a restore complete delete everything that is in the MS Money database? What does happen with a restore? Rod In microsoft.public.money, Rod wrote: >I am going to do a restore from my last backup. I am sure that the restore >is something accessible from the File menu. What I want to know is, does a >restore complete delete everything that is in the MS Money database? What >does happen with a restore? Restore puts the *.m...

Trying to add new company to SBF: "You must be on the server machine to perform the upgrade."
Does anyone know how I can go about fixing this error? I'm using SBF 9, and even though I'm running SBF on the same server as where the SQL server is running, I get the dreaded "You must be on the server machine to perform the upgrade." message. Does the client not think I'm on the server? What table can I look at in DYNAMICS to see what server it thinks I'm supposed to be on? TGQ, Are you logged in via Remote Desktop? I've seen this error as a result. You may need to login directly on the server if you are not. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dyna...

Direction of Microsoft Money
I'v been a loyal fan of Microsoft Money since Money 97 (5.0). Over the years Microsoft has made major improvements of the software. But it seems the Money 2001 was the last version that was a must have upgrade. Money 2002 was a slight improvment, Money 2003 was a waste of cash, and I won't even consider Money 2004 based on what I've been hearing. My question is, what is the direction of the software? The major features users have been screaming for aren't here. Bugs that existed in Money 2001 still exsist and Microsoft seems content on work arounds rather than fi...

Solving for X and Y with a = in the FUNCTION???
If you have a triangle with the following points A (-6,-4) B (-1,8) C (13,-2) Find the point perpendicular to AC. y-y1=m(x-x1) For this equation, it is solved y+4=2/19(x+6) y=2/19x-64/19 y-8=-19/2(x+1) y=-19/2x-3/2 Therefore: 2/19x-64/19=-19/2x-3/2 365x=71 x=.195 ..195 is substituted back into the orginal formula to find for y. I know to use the x and y variable to have the function call out a cell with either the x or y in that cell, what I believe is screwing up the function is the = sign in the middle of it. Any suggestions? Here's one way you can solve it in Excel: http://t...

Reinstall Money 2004?
I have made a mess of Money 2004 during my upgrade from 2000. It created duplicate records for many of my account when I "imported" each of the accounts separately. I want to start over - how do I SAFELY clear out all my data from 2004 and start again? Thank you! File > New. When you do the import select all the files together (use Ctrl+click). But why are you "importing"? Money 2004 will recognise a Money file from a previous version and upgrade it. Navigate to the relevant *.mny file in Windows Explorer and double click on the file name. -- Regards Bob Peel...

Money on two computers
I use Money 2002 on my desktop pc with XP operating system. I use it to track/balance my checking account as well as other investments. I am about to purchase a laptop with Vista Home Premium. How can I use both of these computers to keep track of my finances? I assume that I'll have to upgrade to a new version of Money. Money Essentials appears to be compatible with both XP and Vista. First, can I copy the new version to two (2) computers? Second, when I make entries on my laptop, how do I get those same entries onto the desktop pc? Finally, are there any potential prob...

New account
I created an account and at the initial set up assigned it "business" purpose. I would like to change the "business" purpose to "personal" but can not find how to do it. any help would be greatly appreciated. "Dmitriy" <Dmitriy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:005BD6B9-81C1-4944-9A6F-8FEC374E110C@microsoft.com... >I created an account and at the initial set up assigned it "business" >purpose. > I would like to change the "business" purpose to "personal" but can not > find > how to do...

Function Macros inspired by the recent "date in excel" thread.
I vaguely remember the use of function macros from an early version of Excel. The date in excel thread reminded me of that because that might offer a simple macro with programming not much different from just writing a spreadsheet. IIRC this mini-spreadsheet could use data from the calling spreadsheet to control its calculation. IIRC, the function macro function is called with arguments just like an ordinary Excel function is called. The return value or values of the function is just what you can create using spreadsheet statements. For example, suppose you have a starting point A and ...

Add New Record 02-20-08
I created a Form / Subform using Access wizrd. I want to be able to go to a new record on the Form when I hit enter on a control on the subform - which will goto a new blank record on the Form & Subform. Do I do this in Code and how would I do this? My VB skills from 1-10 (10=expert) is about 3-4. -- Gator Docmd.GoToRecord acForm, Me.Name, acNewRec -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Gator" wrote: > I created a Form / Subform using Access wizrd. I want to be able to go to a > new record on the Form when I hit enter on a control on the subform - which > w...

pay advice slip
hi does anyone know how i can work out a tax period for a pay advic slip, im confused, i am doing a model, but i cant seem to work thi out, any ideas? Also if anyone knows any websites with a example of a pay advice sli then can i have it, thank u...regard -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Blank Cash Flow Solution (Money 2005 Deluxe)
The MS Tech Support person solved my problem tonight in the Chat Window. He was great! The series of steps that I had to do was... First... I had to use the Salv.exe utility in the MS Money folder on my closed Money file... I choose Quick Repair and renamed it Salv1 Second... I had to use the Salv.exe utility again on the Salv1 Money file using the Standard Repair and name it Salv2. Then I had to Open up Salv 2 and click on File Repair, Quick File Repair. Then the Cash Flow Came back.. The amazing thing is I had tried Salv Quick Repair and the Standard Repair. But it was this ord...

Message permanently deleted by rule still displays new mail notification
In Outlook 2003 if a message is permanently deleted by a rule you must manually empty the deleted messages folder before the new mail notification icon disappears. I have tried adding 'mark message\s as read' to the rule with no success. Is there a fix or work around for this issue ? Jeremy Wood <jwood@callcommand.com> wrote: > In Outlook 2003 if a message is permanently deleted by a > rule you must manually empty the deleted messages folder > before the new mail notification icon disappears. I have > tried adding 'mark message\s as read' to the rule wit...

Importing win32 functions
Sorry for the simple question- If I write my own regular MFC dll I export global functions with the prefix declspec(dllexport). On the other hand when I use win32 functions I simply use them in my function without importing with the prefix declspec(dllimport). Why is this difference? Regards Ronny "Ronny" <ronny@john.com> wrote in message news:#w$ficBGJHA.4176@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Sorry for the simple question- > If I write my own regular MFC dll I export global functions with the > prefix declspec(dllexport). > On the other hand when I use win32 fun...

Options to Money software..? #2
I have found that money and quicken are being long and hard to learn. Does anyone know of simplier software options of simple download and organizing bank statements ? ...

New User Setup
We are currently in the testing phase of a GP8 to 10 migration. We are looking to see if there is a way to get GP to auto populate the check box for "Payroll View for Human Resources" so that when we set up a new user we dont have to check it manually. We are using Fast Paths Ad-SSO tool to set users up int he system to eliminate the need for our security department to have to log into GP to set anyone up. The check box is located in Tools>Setup>System on the User Form. If there is no way to auto populate this we were wondering where in the Dynamics database this opt...

Money 2005 Reviews with Pictures
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1636331,00.asp http://reviews.cnet.com/Microsoft_Money_2005_Premium/4505- 6405_7-30998936-2.html?tag=top Thanks for posting. :( Once again the reviewers are pretty obviously people who don't actually use the product from year to year. The general Dumbing Down trend is little wonder when Quicken wins reviews with such outstanding features as explaining "why you should pay off the most expensive loan first." "Andy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14aa01c48546$596df5c0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > htt...