Bank of America Update

I just completed the update to Money 2005 that BoA required.  After I
finished, I found that the update had created duplicates of each of the BoA
accounts I had in my file.  The new accounts are now the ones linked to BoA;
presumabley the old ones no longer are.

My problem is that the new accounts do not contain the complete history.
For example, my old "Checking" account contained data extending back several
years.  The new account, "Bank of America (All except CA, WA, & ID)
Checking", only contains transactions back to about August 2005.

I tried the Merge Duplicate Account function.  It gave me a message that my
"Checking" account contained transactions from prior to Feb. 16, 2006 (duh!)
and that they would be deleted.  Sure enough, the new account still doesn't
contain any additional transactions.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to get my complete transaction
history into the new account?

0
david_b (1)
2/18/2006 4:17:27 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

David, is this new? According to the BofA website:

      What version of Microsoft Money can I use with Online Banking?
      In order to download your account information or access it directly
with Online Banking through Microsoft Money, you must use Microsoft Money
2000 or later versions. A monthly service fee may be assessed to use Online
Banking through Microsoft Money.

Glenn

"david_b" <david_b@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just completed the update to Money 2005 that BoA required.  After I
> finished, I found that the update had created duplicates of each of the
> BoA
> accounts I had in my file.  The new accounts are now the ones linked to
> BoA;
> presumabley the old ones no longer are.
>
> My problem is that the new accounts do not contain the complete history.
> For example, my old "Checking" account contained data extending back
> several
> years.  The new account, "Bank of America (All except CA, WA, & ID)
> Checking", only contains transactions back to about August 2005.
>
> I tried the Merge Duplicate Account function.  It gave me a message that
> my
> "Checking" account contained transactions from prior to Feb. 16, 2006
> (duh!)
> and that they would be deleted.  Sure enough, the new account still
> doesn't
> contain any additional transactions.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions for how to get my complete transaction
> history into the new account?

0
gbolton323 (11)
2/18/2006 1:49:06 PM
"Glenn B." <gbolton323@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> David, is this new?

B of A changed the connection to Money last weekend. I don't bank with B of
A but cut and pasted a message about the change from the MSN Network status
link in Money. The information is no longer on the status page. You can find
it in this newsgroup by using a search engine. Google groups works pretty
well.
--
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL

0
spam_magnet (1210)
2/18/2006 4:38:38 PM
Your merger of accounts should have worked.  At this point you can
either go to your backup and try it again and make certain when you
merge accounts you do it in the correct direction.  It worked correctly
for me with my Money 2006 account.  Since I still had both Money 2005
and an old Money File I also updated Money 2005 and it likewise worked.
  The most interesting thing I found with Money 2006 was that it asked
me during the process of dropping the online connection to BoA and
reconnecting if the account was a duplicate of an account I already had.

For anyone else trying this the directions given in the letter mailed by
BoA pointed to a Microsoft web site for each of the versions of Money.
They did suggest performing backups during the upgrade.  The two points
to backup are prior to the upgrade and before merging the accounts.

Glenn B. wrote:
  "david_b" <david_b@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I just completed the update to Money 2005 that BoA required.  After I
>finished, I found that the update had created duplicates of each of the
>BoA
>accounts I had in my file.  The new accounts are now the ones linked to
>BoA;
>presumabley the old ones no longer are.
>
>My problem is that the new accounts do not contain the complete history.
>For example, my old "Checking" account contained data extending back
>several
>years.  The new account, "Bank of America (All except CA, WA, & ID)
>Checking", only contains transactions back to about August 2005.
>
>I tried the Merge Duplicate Account function.  It gave me a message that
>my
>"Checking" account contained transactions from prior to Feb. 16, 2006
>(duh!)
>and that they would be deleted.  Sure enough, the new account still
>doesn't
>contain any additional transactions.
>
>Does anyone have any suggestions for how to get my complete transaction
>history into the new account?

0
art4580 (318)

Edit, Delete, or Update EXTERNAL DATA in EXCEL?
Hi, I am trying to use Microsoft Excel with external data source. I imported the data using the ODBC driver. However, the problem is that once I press the refresh button the changes made in Excel sheet are lost and old data is restores from the Data source. However, I can edit data in the Microsoft query. Is there any way that I can Edit, Delete, or Update EXTERNAL DATA in EXCEL? Any links will help With Rgds, ...

Update all docvariables in all active documents
Hi, Can anyone tell me how to use VBA to update all docvariable fields in all active documents? I know how to update a single document, but I'm having trouble cycling through all active documents. Thank you, Rob Probably a bit of overkill as this would update "all" fields (not just docVariables fields). Sub ScratchMaco() Dim oDoc As Word.Document For Each oDoc In Documents UpdateFields oDoc Next oDoc End Sub Sub UpdateFields(Doc As Word.Document) Dim pRange As Word.Range Dim oShp As Shape Dim iLink As Long Dim TOC As TableOfContents Dim TOF As TableO...

Updating two two tables based upon the response to questions in a subform
Me again. I'm trying to populate two tables based upon the results to questions on a subform. I have a form and one subform. The subform has a variable number of questions related to the form. Each question is limited to either "Pass", "Fail", or "N/A". If the user should select "Fail" on a question, I want to add a record to a table called "tblCARs" and a record to a table called "tbl CARLineItems". However, for every subsequent "Fail" response I want (need) to only add a record to the table "tblCARLi...

Update on MSCRM Jscript problem
I have discovered that if you replace window.open('http://strongbad/reports/viewer/html/viewer.aspx?id=398&sf=({qu ote.quotenumber})=\'QUO-01002-9QRYHR\'') with window.open('http://strongbad/reports/viewer/html/viewer.aspx?id=398%26sf=({ quote.quotenumber})=\'QUO-01002-9QRYHR\'') (replace the & with a %26) in the onchange event of a picklist, the quote page will display and you can call the report by changing the value in the picklist. However, you will get an error returned by the report viewer that doesn't like the %26. If, in the report view...

Unable to update free/busy time
Hi there, This morning I installed the Exchange 2000 post-sp3 rollup on our small business server. Since then users have been getting messages from Outlook saying that it can't update free/busy time on the server. Prior to installing the rollup we did not get the errors. I had a look at the event log on the server and it is filling up with EventID: 1546 errors, the description is: Workflow event sink error [event: OnSyncSave, URL: <file://./backofficestorage/test.com.au/Public Folders/NON_IPM_SUBTREE/SCHEDULE+ FREE BUSY/EX:_xF8FF_o=DSPACE_xF8FF_ou=first administrative group/USER-_xF8...

Office v.X updates disappeared from the Mactopia download page
Updates for Office v.X seemed to have disappeared from the main Mactopia download page. When I search for a 10.1.9 update, I see a link to an update, but that link takes you to the main Mactopia page where there aren't any Office updates except for Office 2004. Does anybody know how to get the Office v.X updates? An ftp site would work also. OK, I found it via a Google search at -<br> <br> &nbsp;<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=FEA9FD8A-EA16-4B3C-9381-18A389D5599A&displaylang=en><br> <br> It's just pretty lame though that ...

Money "forgets" passwords for online account updates
I am using Money Plus Deluxe. Sometimes but not always, when I try to update my account online transactions it forgets a couple of the passwords. This is not always the same account nor does it happen with any pattern I can see. Any fix and does anyone else see this problem? ...

Apply Multicurrency Invoices in Bank Management
I oppened a ticket to know why I cant apply Multicurrency Invoices to payment transactions in Bank Managment as it is available in Payable Management. I've been suggested to post a suggestion for that. Simply, while doing a payment in Bank Management. If the Chequebook Currency is diffrenet than the invoices currencies that you are paying againist, then you can't apply these invoices. Thus, you cant see them in the remittance advice. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestio...

Update Unit Price in SOP10200 Remifications?
My company has its own pricing plan that we have not been able to implement in Great Plains (version 7.5 on SQL Server). We are getting ready to write strait SQL to update the UNIT Price on the detail record SOP10200 for an order. What are the Ramifications of doing this. Ideally I would like to know what all else I need to update to do this. Our plan is to use an event of some sort on close of the window that can check and acuratly price our orders... Thanks, Allen Allen, This is not a good idea. The unit price has ramifications all over the place - customer balance, inventoy cost...

Update Deductions and Benefits with Integration Manager
Is it possible to update deductions and benefits with Integration Manager? I tried to write an integration for this but it is trying to Insert the employee id as a new employee. Thanks in advance! ...

Problems downloading into MS Money 2004 from Royal Bank of Scotland
I have been downloading statements from the RBS into various versions of Money ever since the service became available. I am now using MS Money Deluxe OEM version 12 (which seems to be the same as Money 2004). For a number of weeks the data downloaded has been incomplete (about a third of all transactions will be missing) and is often totally inaccurate as regards the Payee and Category. In a nutshell the data is a waste of space. Has anyone else had similar problems and if so any suggested solutions? Thanks Hi - this one might be better in the UK group, as there could be some people who c...

Updated reorder quantities
1. How do we update the reorder point and restock levels in HQ, if we change them at the store level? 2. Is there a SQL command to help consolidate the supplier codes? I now have 2 supplier codes for some of my suppliers now that we installed HQ. I had my local partner come in and work a little on this, but he created more problems than solutions. 3. I am also looking for a new RMS partner in the area of California Central Coast. ...

Account List Totals not being updated
I have been using Money for several years. I'm now using Money 2003 on my Windows 2000 system. I noticed this morning that the account values in the Account List view were not being updated to agree with Portfolio Values after share prices were downloaded from the Internet. I tried a reinstall and that didn't fix the problem. Then I ran the latest Microsoft "Salvage" utility on my data file and that said the file was okay. If anyone has any helpful suggestions I would love to hear them. If you wish to do so you can contact me at cbritman (at)cox(dot)net Thanks...

calculations do not update unless page is saved
I have an excel 2003 workbook with 32 tabs the first set of tabs are named according to the date 09-01-09 the last two tabs total all the important info one is 1st - 15th other is 16th - 30th on my total pages the first column is the date 09-01-09 (as Text) and i use the indirect function in my formulas to refer to the individual tab names.. everything works and calculates but it doesnt happen On-the-fly like excel usually does i have to actually hit save for any calculations to update even on the individual tabbed dates formulas like A1+A2 dont display a result untill saved.. did...

Windows Update error 80070103 01-28-10
I installed Creative X-Fi Titaniun audio sound card on my Destop Computer. The drivers on cd that came with this sound card for Vista and XP. I am using Windows 7 and having trouble installing the driver manually. When Windows Update trys to download it, but stops and give me error message "80070103" everytime. Why is it give me error message when there is no driver installed on this computer? Obtain the appropriate driver update (if needed) from the device manufacturer's download page, not Windows Update. TJBuss wrote: > I installed Creative X-Fi Titaniun a...

Had to Update Money with new license
Hello, My two year subscription on MS Money ended, so i was forced to buy another version to get another 2 years with a new license key. I entered in the new key (did not reinstall the product) and then it started asking me about some online quotes. I made the huge mistake of not reading the messages carefully, and when I did my next update, duplicates of my checking and credit card accounts were created (presumably from MSN Money?). deleting those duplicate accounts from MS Money (the program) did not help, as they would come back when you opened Money next and did an update. I had to go to...

calendar updates
I can add events at calendar.live.com but cannot add an event on the desktop. Save and close doesn't work. Why? -- Rupe It should be as simply as opening WLM, go to the calendar and right click on a date. Context menu will appear with an option to add an event. Are you seeing any error messages? Colin Brown WL MVP "Rupe" <Rupe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCC68FEB-E31A-445E-8A97-39515894C888@microsoft.com... > I can add events at calendar.live.com but cannot add an event on the > desktop. > Save and close doesn't work...

Online stock/fund price update erratic in Money 2002
In the past this function worked OK. Recently, after adding some stocks to the portfolio, I have to go into "Choose stocks to update", uncheck all the other existing stocks, check the new stocks and then do an online update. When I start adding the old stocks back, it will update some, but not all. I am forced to do this unchecking and checking multiple times to get an update done. Any suggestions? try update on the money program. in 2003 there is "internet updates" button on status bar bottom of window. select the "update now" and "money upda...

Money won't connect to my bank since October 2006
I bought MS Money back in Sept 2006. Just one money later it stopped connecting to my bank b/c of some security changes Key Bank put through. Since then, Money has basically been a glorified check writing program for my small biz. I download the OFX files (or whatever they're called) from my bank's website and I back-date it to when I opened my biz account. Even so, Money ALWAYS shows my balance as being the red somehow, even when my bank has something very different to say. I'm no accountant and my problem-solving patience isn't infinite so Money's only use t...

WebDav Update Public Folder Contact cannot be Opened by outlook 2000
Exchange Version: 2003 Outlook Version: 2000 with SP3 Problem: I used WebDav to insert / update Public Folder Contact, which is successful. I can navigate to the public folder and see all the items there with correct updates. However, when I click on individual items to view details, I get "can't open this item. you do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. see the folder contact or your system administrator microsoft outlook public folder contact" This works with OutLook 2002 and 2003, my company has not and will not upgrade outlook for ...

I can't install the 12.2.1 update on Snow Leopard
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Office 2008 12.2.1 Update can't be installed on this disk. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume. I guarantee a legitimate copy of Office 2008 for Mac is on my iMac. Any suggestions? On 9/30/09 3:43 PM, in article 59b7d9fc.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "kpainte1@officeformac.com" <kpainte1@officeformac.com> wrote: > Office 2008 12.2.1 Update can't be installed on this disk. A version of the > software required to install this update was n...

Money Plus Auto Updates
I just converted from Money 2006 Deluxe to Money Plus Deluxe. My accounts do not automatically update but prices do. I used to get transactions downloaded from my credit card account every time I launched Money. Now it only updates when I do it manually from the update icon in the top right corner. I'm set up for automatic updates every 24 hours but the account is not updated even after several days. I've followed all the instructions in the help. Do I need to do something else? -- Ellary Buffalo Grove, IL ...

.NET Security updates fail
Opening a new thread as suggested by PA Bear. OS: Windows XP Pro SP3 running IE8 but Chrome for anything useful. Part on an office network with an SBS2003 domain server. The above updates won't install and fail with error 0x80070643. I have read KB976982 and followed its procedure to remove all .NET versions and replace them in the order 3.5SP1, 1.1, 1.1SP1 followed by Windows update. This has not resolved the problem and the updates sit in my systray, waiting.. I am also running AVG Free and take the view that any AV is better than none. Is there any suggestion that A...

Automatically Updating a Field in a Form in Access
Hey Everyone, I am a bit of a noob at this, but have to build this database and would love some help if anyone can provide any. I have a database designed at capturing customer satisfaction surveys. I have a table that captures answers to several different questions, ie; Q1 - Rating (either Excellent, Good, Average, Poor) Q1 - Score (either 10, 6.7, 3.3, 0) The score corresponds with the text rating, these are then compiled to give an average result for each staff member over a period of time. The problem I am having is getting the "Score" to update automatically depending on the ...

need to have SUM formula update on row add/delete/move
Say I have a table with a column that is summed. The formula would be something like: =SUM(C4:C20) Assume there are column heads above this range, and that this formula is in C21. I'd imagine this is the most common arrangement used. If I insert a new row above 21, 99.9% of the time, I want the SUM to be updated to include that row. That does happens *UNLESS* I insert the row just above row 21. Unfortunately, that's where new rows want to go most of the time. Even when the table or column is named, it still doesn't expand the formula to include the new row. Rightfully so I sup...