bank activity not showing up

When I look at my bank account, the balance is correct, but some of the
debits and charges that appear on my bank's website (BofA) do not appear in
Money 2005: however -- the balance is correct.

Can anyone explain this to a moron like me? What am I missing?

--
Cheers,
Tom G.

0
123mpel (34)
10/27/2004 9:11:13 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Tom G wrote:

>When I look at my bank account, the balance is correct, but some of the
>debits and charges that appear on my bank's website (BofA) do not appear in
>Money 2005: however -- the balance is correct.
>
>Can anyone explain this to a moron like me? What am I missing?

It may be that you do not have the View setting of the register to
show all transactions.

It may be that the opening balance was adjusted during setup to
compensate.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
10/27/2004 9:37:17 PM
No, I am using the Advanced Register set to view ALL DATES

> In microsoft.public.money, Tom G wrote:
>
>>When I look at my bank account, the balance is correct, but some of the
>>debits and charges that appear on my bank's website (BofA) do not appear
>>in
>>Money 2005: however -- the balance is correct.
>>
>>Can anyone explain this to a moron like me? What am I missing?
>
> It may be that you do not have the View setting of the register to
> show all transactions.
>
> It may be that the opening balance was adjusted during setup to
> compensate.

0
123mpel (34)
10/27/2004 9:57:48 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Tom G wrote:

>No, I am using the Advanced Register set to view ALL DATES

If you right-click the account and choose SeeAccountSettings, you
can see the Opening Balance for the account.

The account Ending Balance should be the algebraic sum of the
opening balance and all of the transactions.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
10/27/2004 10:10:26 PM
Is it set to view all transactions also. You can have it set to view all
dates and still hide reconciled transactions I think.

Jim

"Tom G" <123mpel@vms.huji.ac.il> wrote in message
> No, I am using the Advanced Register set to view ALL DATES
>

> "Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message
>> In microsoft.public.money, Tom G wrote:
>>
>>>When I look at my bank account, the balance is correct, but some of the
>>>debits and charges that appear on my bank's website (BofA) do not appear
>>>in
>>>Money 2005: however -- the balance is correct.
>>>
>>>Can anyone explain this to a moron like me? What am I missing?
>>
>> It may be that you do not have the View setting of the register to
>> show all transactions.
>>
>> It may be that the opening balance was adjusted during setup to
>> compensate.

0
dogman56 (54)
10/27/2004 10:14:23 PM
No, it is set to show all of everything.

I think that I may have an insight.
The payments that are not showing are BILL sums from Bank of America that
have been debited from the account. It may be that they will only show up in
the register AFTER the payee deposits the checks. Although, they do show up
as debits in Quicken 2005 (which I own, and am thinking of switching over).

"Jim Johnson" <dogman56@msn.com> wrote in message
> Is it set to view all transactions also. You can have it set to view all
> dates and still hide reconciled transactions I think.
>
> Jim
>
> "Tom G" <123mpel@vms.huji.ac.il> wrote in message
>> No, I am using the Advanced Register set to view ALL DATES
>>

>> "Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message

>>> It may be that you do not have the View setting of the register to
>>> show all transactions.
>>>
>>> It may be that the opening balance was adjusted during setup to
>>> compensate.

0
123mpel (34)
10/27/2004 11:08:50 PM

> No, it is set to show all of everything.
>
> I think that I may have an insight.
> The payments that are not showing are BILL sums from Bank of America that
> have been debited from the account. It may be that they will only show up
> in the register AFTER the payee deposits the checks. Although, they do
> show up as debits in Quicken 2005 (which I own, and am thinking of
> switching over).

Why are you going to switch if I may ask?

New fonts do not show up in Visio 2003
I purchased a new font in both postscript and trutype formats. After installing them, they do not appear in the font list in Visio. They do however show up in the font list of other Office products. ...

How to select record in the subform and to show it in the main form? 09-27-07
Hi I have subform with datasheet view and I need to know how to select record in the subform and to show it in the main form? Thanks Forget my last post. I misuderstood your question. The code I gave will give the record "number" (sort o count from the table start) not the refered to record. -- Wayne Manchester, England. "Wayne-I-M" wrote: > Hi > > There are other methods but a simple one to use would be > > DoCmd.GoToRecord acForm, "MainFormName", acGoTo, > Forms!MainFormName!SubFormName.Form!LinkIngPrimaryField > > Chan...

"Show Placeholders" in options/view menu does'nt work.
I have a macro that places a large number of pictures on a spreadsheet. I would like the pictures to show as "placeholders" to speed up viewing/editing. The only problem is that this feature (under Tools/Options/View) does not work. All the images are being display normally. I have tried this in Excel 2000/2003/XP with the same result. This feature works great in MS Word. Please help. To see what I'm talking about. Go to Tools/Options/View and check the "Show Placeholders" option. Now insert a picture or clipart. The image will be displayed normally instead of just a b...

New computer...Activating Outlook 2003
I just purchased a new computer. It came with Outlook 2003 trial on it. I have Outlook 2003 on my old computer so I chose the option to not activate the trial but to use the Product ID of a purchased copy. I did and it says it is an invalid product key. What? It worked just fine when I installed it on my old computer. Why is it not taking the product key? Do I need to unstall the Outlook 2003 on the new computer and re-install it from my cd? Thanks! Goto Add/remove programs and check if you have Office trial version installed if so then uninstall and that should take care of the problem. V...

where is "autocalculate" and how do i activate it
Maybe.... In xl2003: Tools|Options|Calculation tab Check Automatic jumpinjj wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...

"No resource have been selected for this activity"?
When creating an appointment by clicking the "follow up" button on the screen of a contact, after I fill out the fields on the form assistant and click "Save and Open", I would get this message "No resource have been selected for this activity". Why? and how to get rid of this warning? Thx. ------=_NextPart_0001_0A0CD6AA Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <phw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When creating an appointment by clicking the "follow up" button on the screen > of a contact, after I fill out the field...

Need historical tracking of activity coming into GP via eConnect
Currently if transactions come into GP via eConnect then get deleted for some reason, there is no audit trail of what happened to these transactions. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrows...

Who thinks MSFT will NOT release a "non-activation" version of Mon
I know MSFT has about 9 months to meet their promise and release a version of Money that does not require activation, but what is their motivation to do so? It appears that Money's market share was below 20% and who knows how many have already switched to Quicken or will do so by Jan 2011. In order to avoid a PR debacle around stranding users' financial data, I'm beginning to think that MSFT will say that they lent Quicken an MSFT software engineer to create a converter and will give people a coupon for some $$ off quicken 2010 or 2011. Or MS might release an offl...

show info commandbutton
Hi, I have a commandbutton start and I want it to show a description botton with the word form when I put the mouse over. Thanks!! I'm not certain what you mean. Do you mean you want a form to appear when you hover over the button? This is not possible. You must click on the button. And it must have a macro assigned to it to display the form you create. Robert Flanagan http://www.add-ins.com Productivity add-ins and downloadable books on VB macros for Excel "canvas" <spyele123@gmail.com> wrote in message news:060e12f9-68c5-4221-ac9e-d22509f7b8f7...

Can't find Australian Banks Online
On the list of financial institutions I can only find American banks. I also have Australian accounts that I would like to add. Could you please advise if this is possible? I am using Microsoft Money 2004. Thanks, Jason You can add foreign banks to money by selecting the not held at a financial instution option when setting up the accounts. The drawback to this is that you cannot link foreign banks to online services and you probably won't be able to download statements from their website because most foreign banks (with the exception of canada) don't support money. This ...

Sounds, PPT 2004 11.3.5 ICONs show during slide show
I need help with sounds and not being able to hide the SOUND ICON from showing during the presentation. I have a large presentation and about 20 slides have sounds (bird songs, music clips) to go with the photos. I have used the same presentation and the sounds worked flawlessly many times over the last few years. I now have a problem. Unlike before, the sounds do NOT play for several of the slides, (except as explained below) On those slides for which I have wave files indicated by the icon that looks like a speaker (with a blue circle in the middle) the sounds work fine. I hide the icon by p...

How to compute Over short amount that shows in the z report
Hello, can anyone tell me how the over short amount in the z report is calculated? I am looking for the exact tables and its fieldnames for this computation. -- Thanks in advance, HNLuhar Hello HNLuhar....I copied and pasted this from the batch list report.....it reads the batch table to calculate "over/short"- hope this helps..... PaidOut + Dropped + LayawayClosed + PaidOnAccount + CustomerDepositRedeemed + ClosingTotal) - (OpeningTotal + Sales + Returns + Tax + Shipping + LayawayPaid + PaidToAccount + CustomerDepositMade + DebitSurcharge + CashBackSurcharge "HNLuhar...

Problem downloading bank list
Just got Money 2005 and I'm attempting to add my bank accounts. When Money goes to download the bank/credit card company/etc list it fails and says that it's unavailable/try again later. I'm definately online and I'm able to download updates for the application itself so I can't imagine that this is a firewall issue. I disabled my firewall, anyway, and it did not help. Thanks ...

How to have auto dialog box showing when selecting cell
I would like to have a dialog box appear each time a cell is selected in a column. I need the dialog box show the next cheque number and allow the user to change that if necessary. The cells cannot have a formula in it as that would cause problems when sorting. Is there a way to do this? Rob You could use data validation to do this. Firstly in an empty area of the worksheet define a cell that is equa to max(column range where the cehque numbers are shown) + 1. (ie max(a:a) + 1 Then set the data validation for the whole cheque input range to list list = the address of the new cell. Th...

Error occurred in deployment step 'Activate Features':
i receive an error when i deploy a simple visual web parts in by VHD ------=_NextPart_0001_A00A1332 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello Ansari, Please mention the exact error message you are getting in ULS logs Look into application logs for related error messages. How to get the right set of ULS logs =========================================== Run following command on the Web Front Sever serving the SharePoint site: net stop sptrace net start sptrace These commands will force SharePoint to start logging to a new file. Now try to repr...

outlook inbox showing (-1) emails & 4294967295 unread messages
Hi Peops Have a very strange problem with one of my users on the network and have not found any thing relating to this problem anywhere on the web. Whats happening is i have a user running outlook xp and even though he has no new emails in his inbox he has a blue (-1) sign next to his inbox, and in the bottom left of the screen it says he has 4294967295 unread messages... But once a new email comes in then it goes back to normal, once the user reads the email the figure goes back to -1 again, never come across this before in 6 years, any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Cheers ...

show attachment in e-mail header
I would like to cosutomize the e-mail header that it shows the e-mail as example below: "from:" "sent:" "to:" "Subject" "Attachment" Thanks, Ursula A. and here's the question: At present my e-mail settings do not show the "Attachment", so when I send out an attachment it is not mentioned. How can I add this item? >-----Original Message----- >I would like to cosutomize the e-mail header that it >shows the e-mail as example below: >"from:" >"sent:" >"to:" >"Subject"...

Sharing activities history
Hi, we have created a shared folder for a set of contacts (Exchange server). I want to set up all the activities linked to a contact. A typical use would be so that if a colleague is ill and we have a meeting set up with a contact we can have a quick look at recent communications. I read some previous threads that suggested this was not possible, but they are 3 years old and I was hoping that there had been an update?! We are using Outlook 2007. Thanks, Graeme There hasn't been an update. You are limited to seeing activities in your mailbox or 1 public folder at a time....

show full account number in Dynamics GP GJ entry
show full account number in Dynamics GP GJ entry it does not make sense that you can't see the last 2 digits ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=4567fd64-71...

Active synch error event id 3005
Hi all I am running exchange 2003 sp1 jsut recently i have a user who everytime he synchs i get an error in the app log on the server, its event ID 3005 Unexpected Exchange mailbox Server error: Server: [thebeast.insuranceskillscenter.com] User: [joeuser@domain.com] HTTP status code: [502]. Verify that the Exchange mailbox Server is working correctly. Any idea on what is causing this? Thanks ...

Bank of America transaction downloading #2
Anyone else trying to use Money'05 with Bank of America (California) and having problems with the content that goes intot the account register? I'm getting some fairly worthless information inserted into the Payee field. Most of my downloaded transaction come in as "INTRALINK NETWORK TRANS 876565" or "BANK CARD PURCHASE 765765" instead of "Walmart Store 54657" or "Exxon". For checks the, check number is not in the "Num" field, it's in the payee field. I'm curious if this only a Bank of America phenomenon or a Money-wi...

Keyboard Shortcut to toggle b/w Find and Replace and Active Worksheet?
Hi: I open the Find and replace Dialogue Box using CTRL+F and then enter the value I am looking for. Excel moves the cursor to the cell in question with the found value. Is there anyway to then use the keyboard to move from the dialogue box into the actual worksheet, without having to mouse click back into the open file? It seems there has to be some type of way to use the keyboard to move from the Find Dialogue box without using the mouse. I hope I am being clear on what I am trying to do, it seems very simple yet I cannot figure out what keyboard command to use to basically select the Exce...

Outlook 2002 not showing url in status bar on scroll over
Previous versions of Outlook showed the url of a hyperlink in a message. But my Outlook 2002 wont show it. I have looked and searched everywhere to see if there is a setting for it, but no luck. I am not looking hard enough? Thanks, ...

Error when closing an Activity
CRM 3.0 upgraded from 1.2 Most things work but the following error is displayed when closingan activity. Although the activity is closed. How can I fix this? [SoapException: Server was unable to process request.] System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) +1496 System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) +218 Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.TaskWebService.Retrieve(Guid id, ColumnSetBase columnSet) +100 Microsoft...

Missing NSF check in Bank Reconciliation
My organization uses PowerCampus to record students receviables. PowerCampus then feeds into Great Plains. Here is the problem 6 checks were received and deposited and recorded into PowerCampus however, there were not sufficient funds to cover the checks and all six were return for nsf. The Accounting Assistant then recorded the 6 nsf checks in the same transaction. The problem is 5 of the nsf checks flowed through correctly to the GL and the check book, but one of the nsf check didn't, it is showing up in the GL but not the check book, it appears as if only half the entry was r...