Balances don't show when reconciling

I just upgraded to Money 2004 and the totals dollar value
of debits and credits cleared no longer shows.  Instead,
this line shows:

"The difference between your statement and register is:"

along with the difference.  I want to know the dollar
value of debits and credits I have cleared so far and
compare that with the bank statement.
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Somebody at Microsoft thought this was an "improvement" compared to the way
they presented the data in M03 and earlier. It's probably something that
came out of the usability lab after they took their great grandmother in to
see if she could figure out how to use Money.

"Steve" <SteveGorzen@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I just upgraded to Money 2004 and the totals dollar value
> of debits and credits cleared no longer shows.  Instead,
> this line shows:
>
> "The difference between your statement and register is:"
>
> along with the difference.  I want to know the dollar
> value of debits and credits I have cleared so far and
> compare that with the bank statement.

Some accounts don't show up on the Get online statement list
I've set up some new accounts with my financial broker and check "get online statements". But when I go to connect these accounts do not show up in the "Get Statement" List for that institution. What do I need to do to add these to the list? In microsoft.public.money, Steven Friedman wrote: >I've set up some new accounts with my financial broker and >check "get online statements". But when I go to connect >these accounts do not show up in the "Get Statement" List >for that institution. What do I need to do to add these to &g...

Show only some formulas in a worksheet
In Excel 2007, in the formulas Tab, there is an option called "Show Formulas". When I check this option all formulas in the sheet are shown. Is there a way to show only some formulas? Thanks in advance Regards, Emece.- Hi, No all the formulas will be shown "Emece" wrote: > In Excel 2007, in the formulas Tab, there is an option called "Show > Formulas". When I check this option all formulas in the sheet are shown. Is > there a way to show only some formulas? > > Thanks in advance > > Regards, > Emece.- As...

Showing only the last x entries?
Hi I have a graph with a moving average trendline, however the amount o data is so much that the graph is not quite readable. Is it possible to only show the last x entries in a graph. This shoul be done automatically. Basically to rephrase the question: I need the graph to be zoomed t the last x entries. Any help would be appreciated Thanks Tali -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi > > I have a graph with a moving average trendline, however the amount of > data is so much that the graph is...

Calendar Doesn't Show All Data
In Outlook 2002, the calendar view for a day is limited to only showing the first 6 items. All the data is there but there is no indication of it unless you think to look at it using a table or timeline view. This problem is solved in Outlook 2003. Is there a soultion for Outlook 2002 in the interim? Larry Fresinski lf10@cornell.edu ...

Showing Taskbar
I am creating a program whereby all the foms take up the entire page. I was asked to allow the Taskbar to show on top on that to allow navigation to other programs. Is there a way to do this? I am currently using Access 2000, but will convert to 2007 at a later time. I would post this to windows xp group, they should be able to give you a easy to use vba code to turn on the taskbar always in front popup and return it to the users original setting when exiting your application. Pardon any spelling errors, using outlook express with office 2007 and spell checker is stuck in French now, a...

Money 2005 Balance
The debits & credits listed for my checking account match the bank's statements to the penny and, when balancing the account by hand, it balances with no adjustments. Yet when I try to use Money 2005's "Balance this Account" option, Money insists that I'm out of balance by almost $500.00. I've looked for any missed entries incorrectly marked, or not marked, "R" and have found none. Is there anyway to correct this? Thanks for your help. Add an account adjustment for the $500 when balancing the account. Then when balancing the account in the f...

The node should show only for users in the AdminCalendar role
Below is part on my web.sitmap file. What I wanted to happen is for the last node to show only for users in the AdminCalendar role. But it shows always. How can I fix that? <siteMapNode title="Home" url="Home/Home.aspx" description="Go to the The Home Page" > ....snip <siteMapNode title="Calendar" roles="*" description="Time an Location of events" > <siteMapNode title="Monthly Calendars" url="Calendar/EventsCalendar.aspx" description="Calendar of events&...

Sales figures not showing up in report
My Uncle uses MS Money to run his drug store. He called this morning and told me that he kept getting this question; "Do you want to include sales figures". He accidently said no and now only expenses are showing up in his balance sheets. Can someone help us? Thanks! What version of MS Money is your uncle using? Sales revenue does not show up on a balance sheet -- only assets and liabilities. Can you point to the specific report he is trying to run? Bill "Bamaspride" wrote: > My Uncle uses MS Money to run his drug store. He called this morning and > t...

Show Percent changes
I'm doing a simple bar chart, and I'd like to somehow display the change in terms of a percentage for each series. This is probably an easy feature, but I can't figure it out. Thanks. Are the percent changes that you would like to see between each series or between each individual point in each series. If you would like, shoot me an email with the workbook and I can try to put an example together for you. It might be a little more complex than it seems. -- John Mansfield http://cellmatrix.net "christen" wrote: > I'm doing a simple bar chart, and I...

CrossTab Query that shows original data (text)
I am a scheduler and would like to build a pivot table in Excel or a Cross Tab Query in Access that shows the data in its original form (text) instead of calculating the count, sum, avg., etc. Row headings would have member’s names. Column headings would have times. Data items would be the name of the assignment. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. Jim G You can use a text field for the Value of a crosstab with FIRST or LAST or MIN or MAX. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Default.h...

Problems balancing investment account.
I have a UBS account and download all transactions. I download the statement at the end of the month and balance the cash account. I find that some items that have been downloaded such as dividends do not show up on the statement. Example, the system downloaded a dividend for GE on March 15 that does not show up on the statement or UBS's website. The same holds true for some bill payments that show up on the statement but have not been downloaded. Example, a electronic payment I initiated at UBS to a the gas company on March 10 was not downloaded but shows up correctly on the UBS sta...

ComboBox not showing contents
I've been trying to get my ComboBox controls to show their drop down menu in an MFC dialog based app; but all I ever see is a thin black line under the bottom of the control when I click on the drop down arrow. I tried creating a new dialog project, and tested the ComboBox control again to have the exact same results. I have tried to add static data in the resource editor; and tried to dynamically add strings during run time. The data is there, when I use the arrow keys to find it. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I have XP SR2, VS.NET 2003. Anyhelp would be wonderfu...

I sent email but it is not sent. It shows only in the outbox.
My sent e mail sits in outbox. It is not sent out. Help Click Send/Receive button or press F9 key "fisseha" <fisseha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3BCF8C3A-09E3-439D-80A8-C6B5DE8428C6@microsoft.com... > My sent e mail sits in outbox. It is not sent out. Help Also make sure to first press Send in the message itself. Do not compose messages in the Outbox. If you edit a message there, you must press Send again. Then select Send receive. Of course you have your acct set up properly and have tested it to check the settings. "fisseha" wrote:...

Show only required data and transfer to MS Word
I have a spreadsheet that shows some materials we use in our company The first column shows a description of the material, the second colum shows the catalogue number of the material and the third column is lef open for the user to enter in the required quantity. I have attached to the spreadsheet a command button but I need som help with the VB coding. What I'd like to do is have the user enter th required quantities in the 3rd column and then click on this comman button which would then only show the rows that have had quantitie entered. If I could get this done it would be sufficient...

Modified Report showing the data from a SQL VIEW
We have created a SQL VIEW in a company database, and we wish the REPORT WRITER able to get the data from this SQL VIEW and then show it in the modified report (eg, RM Statement On Blank Paper), whether by using Dexterity Programming, Smart builder or whichever method. Hope you can provide some guidance on this matter. Many thanks in advance. P/S: GP 10 SP4, SQL 2008 Standard Hi wkz0 I think Mariano Gomez responded to a question like this (if not this question) in the other Forum. David Musgrave has an article on this here: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/developingfordynamicsgp/ar...

Decimal Places in Trial Balance Detail report
This should be so simple... We are using GP v10.0 and I have added the Trial Balance Detail to Altered/Modified reports. I am attempting to show decimal places for the debit and credit amounts within the body. I have defined my own format but no matter what I tell it I cannot get the decimal places to appear. I can align left, pad with asterisks or zeroes, but I cannot get 2 decimal places. The Format Field says "Decimal Places Currency Body". Is this something I can't overide? thanks, -- Phil Gilbert Free Radical, LTD. Resolved, adding/changing format was too eas...

Balance of only reconciled items
I switched from M04 to M06 a few months back and now can't figure out where M06 shows the balance of reconciled items only (I can find "today's balance" and "bank balance" only) Did they change for M06 or am I overlooking something simple (or was it never in M04)? ...

Inbox shows as calendar
Hi all, My outlook behaves strange. I have Windows XP Pro, Outlook 2003 and use a SBS2003 with latest SP's and hotfixes. When I first start my computer and Outlook (main and additional account on Exchange), the inbox of the additional account shows up as a calendar. Restarting Outlook does not solve this. Remounting of the IS fixes the problem but after rebooting the server the problem returns. I have repaired, defragmented the IS but the problem keeps coming back. On my notebook with the exchange connector the same happens. Any clues, solutions? TIA have you tried opening outlook with t...

calculating an opening balance
Hello, I'm trying to run a query on the opening and closing balances for several years. The factors I need are: opening balance closing balance new reserves used reserves (same every year - 35,000 - UNLESS the opening balance is less than 35000) closing balance in 2006 & opening balance in 2007 is 360,000 to calculate opening balance: 2007 is given 2008 is = 2007 + new reserves - used reserves 2009 is = 2008 + new reserves - used reserves and so forth (at about 2015 the used reserves would be less than 35,000 & therefore should indicate amount in opening balance resulting in...

Unread messages showing as "read"
We are having trouble at our office with emails coming in and automatically going to "read" status. The "Mark all as read" option is not checked and we can not figure out why this might be happening. Any ideas? -- JosephG "JosephG" <JosephG.3f50832@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message news:JosephG.3f50832@outlookbanter.com... > We are having trouble at our office with emails coming in and > automatically going to "read" status. The "Mark all as read" option is > not checked and we can not figure out why this might be happ...

How to show array values as columns in a datagrid
Hi, Sorry for this stupid question. I'm trying to set up number of columns based on the values in a string array. for example I have this array: string[] tmpArray = commaSeperatedStringValues.split(','); DataGrid.DataSource=tmpArray; DataGrid.Bound(); When I do this, all the elements in the array are shown as rows in a signle column... Pls help. On Jun 9, 10:34=A0am, mavrick_101 <mavrick...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Sorry for this stupid question. I'm trying to set up number of columns ba= sed > on the values in a...

Unable to load and show videos from PBS
I can not get PBS.org/nbr videos to play on my computer. There is a laptop in the house that will play these videos. Both my computer and the laptop are connected to a router. I have tried to duplicate the security settings on both machines. Pop up blocked has been removed from that web site, even though they are blocked on the laptop. The pbs site will come up offering the videos, however, the videos seem to almost load, the 'circles' indicating the video downloaded, however, it will not show. If this is not the news group for this problem, please send me there. W...

Show balanced on date in account list
Is there any way to show the last "balanced on date" for each account in the account list?? I have a lot of accounts and I sometimes forget to update some of the less frequently used ones. I would like to be able to look at the "balanced on date" for all of the accounts at once, rather than having to open each one to see it. I saw an old post stating that in Money 2001 there was an option in Account List called "Balance an account" that supposedly listed this. But I have Money 2006 Deluxe, and I don't see a task called "Balance an account" ...

Tasks: show only my favorite views
Hi Everybody, I would like to be able to make my "Current View" drop-down list in Tasks only a show my favorite views, or have a toolbar button that goes right to a certain view. Is that possible? Thanks, Steve (Win98SE, Outlook2000) ...

error showing up
error -2147467259 i run a shop with microsoft retail management system as the POS software this error comes up on one of my machines and it wont let me open the application because of this error i have a network set up for the machines(4 of them) to run on. what i had noticed was that this machine was not in the same group as the others and presumed that is why the error was showing. i then changed it into the work group with all the other machines and thought this would have sorted the problem but it did'nt have you any light to shed on this problem. I would guess that there isnt ...