balance question in money 2002

I would like to know if there is a way to change the way
starting balance and ending balance are shown. What I
want is the starting balance to be what is in the account
before items are reconciled, and the ending balance shows
what it will be when I am in the register mode. Ie I have
1800 dollars showing in starting balance and I write out
200 woth of bills and the ending balance shows 1600. If
anyone knows how to do this I would appreciate you
letting me know.

Thanks
0
anonymous (74722)
12/15/2003 6:05:49 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Do you mean changing what is shown in the pop-up window
when you go to balance the account?

All the information for this screen is entered from your
bank statement, not from Money.

In this pop-up window, the "statement date" is the date of
your current bank statement; the "starting balance" is
whatever your bank statement says was the opening balance
for that statement; the "ending balance" is the closing
balance on the statement (not the balance in Money).  The
figures you enter in these three boxes will not change
anything in your Money register. (Only Bank charges and
Interest you enter here will be recorded in your Money
register.  These figures are taken from your Bank
statement)

This pop-up window is a tool that helps reconcile the
transactions you have (or have not) entered into Money
with your Bank's record.

From what I can make of your question, you should consider
your Money register balance and the statement starting
balance two separate things.  Your bank statement balance,
even after reconcilliation, will probably differ from your
Money register balance. If you are keeping your Money
register up to date, the Bank's statement balance will be
behind your current Money balance (unless you have a
really efficient bank that issues you a statement that has
a closing balance dated the same day you're reconciling
your Money register.)

As you enter the $200 worth of bills, Money's ending
balance will change. But your Bank statement ending
balance is a fixed balance for that date that will never
change. ie. Whatever amount was actually sitting in your
ABC Bank account at the time of your Bank's statement,
will be what is actually recorded at the Bank, not in your
Money register.

Hope this helps

0
anonymous (74722)
12/16/2003 12:47:06 AM
In microsoft.public.money, jimbob wrote:

>I would like to know if there is a way to change the way
>starting balance and ending balance are shown. What I
>want is the starting balance to be what is in the account
>before items are reconciled

That is how Money works. The net sum of the reconciled transactions
should match the starting balance.

>, and the ending balance shows
>what it will be when I am in the register mode. Ie I have
>1800 dollars showing in starting balance and I write out
>200 woth of bills and the ending balance shows 1600. If
>anyone knows how to do this I would appreciate you
>letting me know.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Unreconciling Multiple Rows In Money
I would like to know if there is a way to unreconcile multiple rows in Microsoft Money? I can do one at a time, but I need to do a large number of them and don't want to do them one at a time. I've tried to contact Microsoft directly about this but got passed to the company that I bought my machine from, who passed me off to another support number in their company - which tried to charge me for asking this question. Any info on this would be great! Doug In microsoft.public.money, Doug wrote: >I would like to know if there is a way to unreconcile multiple rows in >Microsoft ...

suggest names (outlook 2002)
in the autocomplete function, is there a way to access the database? I've got old addresses in there that I used once a year ago causing a drop-down list when I've only got one matching entry in my address book... so what I'd like to do is either clear it out completely or at least delete the obsolete entries, I've looked in the registry and it isn't there... any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks! --John Remove individual addresses from the autocompletion cache by highlighting the entry when presented in the suggested names list (use your arrow key to migrate to...

Windows Explorer question
How do I get Windows Explorer to to go to C: drive when I click on Windows Explorer instead of going to my user name?? TIA Enter the following in Explorer Properties to the Target C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe /e,c: -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "kraut" <NewsGroupsPlease@NewsGroupsPlease.org> wrote in message news:qqb4m59q351ecus85hicho4n6j0uddvlbn@4ax.com... > > > How do I get Windows Explorer to to go to C: drive when I click on > Wind...

Money 99 on WinXP Pro SP2
I used to run Money 99 Standard on my PC running Win98. I'm now trying to install Money 99 on my new PC running WinXP Pro Service Pack 2. Here is the problem I'm facing: I am able to install Money 99 (from my OEM CD) on my PC running WinXP Pro and no errors show up during installation. But once installed, Money refuses to start. I have tried running the MSMONEY.EXE file in Win 95 as well as Win 98 compatibility mode but it hasn't worked. I also tried installing Money 99 in Win 95 & Win 98 compatibility mode. It installs but it still doesn't run. Am I doing somethi...

A question about Excel 2003 Dialog Boxes
I am a little bit puzzled when it comes to dialog boxes, I'm trying to understand why the arrow keys (on the key board) don't work when making cell or range reference. For instance, the 'Define Name' dialog box has a control box called 'Refers to', when making entries the arrow keys are not assigned to the active curser but are assigned to the active cell on the worksheet. Can anyone answer why this is? P.S. I know how to navigate without the mouse. -- GoBow777 When in these dialog boxes you are in Enter or Point mode(as can be seen on Status Bar) Moving the a...

Money 2003 only allows integer splits, what about 2004?
I recently ran into a problem in reclassifying Vanguard mutual fund Investor shares to Admiral class shares. There is no change in tax basis for this, thus I thought that using the stock split function would be perfect. Unfortunately in Money 2003 Deluxe it only allows integer splits (e.g., 2 for 1, 3 for 5, etc.) and the change in my mutual fund share status is not integral: for each Investor share one gets (say) 2.045767892 Admiral shares (which are priced 2.045767892 times higher, price obviously rounded to two places). Even using the total number of shares before and after, like 28...

Usage Question
Hi, Not sure if this is the proper arena for this post, but.... Have a usage / functional question regarding Outlook, suspect this is a common problem with many... Here is the scenario: 1. Send an email to someone, do NOT copy the email to myself so it just goes in my sent mail. Here are two problems that arise out of this function: 1. If I am awaiting for a response / need a response to that email what is the BEST way to re-tickle myself if in fact a response to that email is not received? At this time I remember manually in some form a flag, task or just plain old memory. 2. Once ...

Date question 01-14-10
Can anyone help with this function: =IF[Date Parts Ordered Completed]+ [Date Part Completed]+[Date Purchasing Completed],not blank,=Date The goal is that is all three fields have a date in them, then put in today's date in the final field. If one of the dates is missing, then the final date is blank. The only problem is if I open up that form I do not want it to change the date to today. I want it to stay the date of the actual completion. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, P-Chu -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Try this -- Completion_...

Money 2004 #68
Is there a way to add columns to a report, when the desired column is NOT one of the listed choices in the customize area of a report? No. "merriv" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2dda501c46a9b$8057cf50$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to add columns to a report, when the > desired column is NOT one of the listed choices in the > customize area of a report? In microsoft.public.money, merriv wrote: >Is there a way to add columns to a report, when the >desired column is NOT one of the listed choices in the >customize are...

Outlook 2002: 'Unknown Error 0x8004060C'
I started getting this error yesterday: 'Unknown Error 0x8004060C' A search revealed this: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=304863 It indicates that the .pst file is full. I'd like to delete some messages, but I get an error when I try to delete anything: "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." I have downloaded any available updates from MS, no change in status. Any suggestions on how to proceed? Win2002 Thanks, Greg Try emptying the deleted items folder first. Then, if that doesn't work, try a...

Money 2004 Standar can't convert Money 2000 Delux File
Hi all, I just installed Money 2004 Standar on XP. I just buy It. I used to have a Money 2000 Delux version. When I try to convert my data file (from Money 200), the program makes a copy of the file with the extension "MN8" and then stops with the error: "Money cannot covert the file. The older varsion is not supported" Is there any way I can convert my Money 2000 Delux file into a Money 2004 Standar file? Thanks, Fernando S. ...

Identify versions of money
I had Money 2004 installed on my computer, but the computer no longer works and I lost my cd, but have my file, My file is password protected and I can't open it with the actual version of money, it says "Money cannot open this file because it was created by an incompatible version. My paper box cd has the number - "105-00462 origin ireland". How can I tell if an old verison of money is compatible with this one ? Or the product that I am buying is compatible with this one ? Can i find an old trial of money 2004 compatible just to open the file and export it ? Wher...

Three words to describe Money 2005...
Wasted screen space. Holy cow! This a TERRIBLE use of screen real estate. In register view, nearly 25% of the scren is filled up with the toolbars and *WHITE* space with no meaningful information! Whoever designed this interface, pretty though it is, lost sight of what's important: information. I'm terribly disappointed. I've never felt like Money had too much fluff... until now :( ...

Help, how do I get an exe file with outlook 2002.
is there a way to turn off the GD stupid F#@$ing level one interecept "feature" in outlook? I am so angry with this stupid program@! I need to download an exe file and cannot with this software! Maybe if you washed your mouth out with soap, someone would be willing to help you. This is a technical forum -- not a place for ranting fools. "Sean" <sean@pointblankinc.com> wrote in message news:5a8001c42d8f$52c08b20$a401280a@phx.gbl... > is there a way to turn off the GD stupid F#@$ing level > one interecept "feature" in outlook? > > I am so angr...

Money 2006 problem
I just installed the money 2006 trial version but when I try to run Money it just opens briefly and then immediately closes. Money 2003 was doing the same thing but I thought maybe 2006 would fix the problem. Can anyone help me please? Instead of opening Money, navigate to the folder where you have your .mny file using My Computer or Windows Explorer and double click on the sample.mny file. That will tell us if your My Money.mny file is faulty or the M2006 installation. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?sc...

Money 2004 #82
Another disgruntled Quicken user here (is there any other kind these days?) I was happy enough with Quicken 2001, but now they're turning it off and making me upgrade to 2005. (It's free, but not worth it. I'd rather buy 2001 over again than use this piece of shit.) So, I checked out Money 2005, and found that it's an even bigger piece of shit than Quicken 2005, which really takes some doing. I did a bit more hunting around and found a demo of Money 2004, and loaded that up. It didn't do a worse job of importing the Quicken data than 2005 (which is to say it ca...

Colour Problem in Excel 2002
Hi, I'm having a really annoying problem. When I create autoshapes in Excel 2002 (XP), when I scroll down the page, and then back up, the colour is distorted and ruined to look at. It prints fine, but it is very annoying, and bad to look at. It's like the colour just doesn't stay, lines and bits of colour vanish every time this happens. Has anyone had this problem before? I've never seen this. But Excel and other windows programs use the printer driver to know how to display stuff. You may want to try a different printer (or printer driver) to see what happens. Maybe even...

Money 2001 #10
when using the portfolio I entered a new transaction under a new acount and an error message appeared "M Money has encountered a problem and needs to close". The computer then shuts down or locks up. This happens whenever I click on portfolio. This problem has occured twice over the past month. The first time I went back one month and reentered all my transactions before the error accured and was going along fine but then it happened again while entering a transaction under a new account. ...

School question
True or Faled The Table Template is used to automate data entry in a table. We don't typically answer school questions in these newsgroups, but even if we were going to, we generally like the question to be complete and make sense. -Scott "deborah Camp" <deborahCamp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E79CEB83-12AC-4B88-8146-5ACED58279A2@microsoft.com... > True or Faled The Table Template is used to automate data entry in a > table. Scott M. wrote: > > "deborah Camp" <deborahCamp@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

File Conversion Question
backup.pst Outlook 2003 version Can this be converted to be restored into Outlook 2002? What other possible solutions could be employed? Thank you. denise.ciaralli@bell.ca <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > backup.pst Outlook 2003 version > > Can this be converted to be restored into Outlook 2002? Only by using Outlook 2003 to create a 2002-format PST and then copying or exporting the data to the 2002-format PST. -- Brian Tillman Thank you! >-----Original Message----- >denise.ciaralli@bell.ca <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >...

OWA Question #10
Hello, we're running Exchange 2003 and I have the following situation. Several employees in our company decided to start a different branch. Instead of creating a separate domain we just created a new account in AD with a different domain suffix. So let's say they used to have account@companyA.com. But now they have account@companyB.com. They've been able to access email via Outlook just fine but when accessing it via OWA, they are unsuccessful. We've tried logging them in with both companyA.com and companyB.com domains in the login screen. companyA.com just retur...

continous form question
Hi, I have a 'continous form' which gets its data from a table. Im using a form for ease of use by the operator and data is displayed in text boxes. My form has 6 columns and thousands of rows - so many records in the table. (its pretty much like an excel spreadsheet). However, on my form, i have a text box and i want the text box to change to eg VBred, if the time on the current record matches the time on the next record. (obvousley time is one of the pieces of data and displayed as hh:mm) As my form is a continous form, if i add my 'colour' text box to ...

MS Money 2002 #4
How do I change my email address when I log onto MS Money 2002? You mean the mail address on your Passport? You have to go to the Passport Web site to do that. http://www.passport.com. Were I you, to be on the safe side, I'd go to File|Login Lockbox and remove the passport from your Money file first. Then go and change the email address on the Passport, the re-add the Passport, if you really want to. "Dawna" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4caa01c3e46f$c54f09a0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do I change my email address when I log onto MS Money ...

Excel Question: How to Delete All Blank Rows from a worksheet?
Hi, I'm brand new, and that is my question. I just spent 2 hour laboriously mousing along deleting row by row, every other row thinkin there's gotta be a better way. (I could've done it of course if the were adjacent, but they were interspersed with my good data). I'm little behind the times: agile with keystrokes but less so with mous [think I was quicker in Lotus DOS! (actually "TWIN")]. But I do play mean piano -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Check out: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm#DeleteBlankRows "DaveThePianoGuy >...

Weird behavior in Pub 2002
Ok, I open a one page document in Pub and I do an Insert/Page and tell it I want a blank page. What I end up with is a two page totally blank document. Any idea where my original document went? I assumed I was just appending a page onto the back. When I Undo the Insert/Page I get my document back. This is weird. Another weird one. I have an image I am trying to embed in a text box and have the text wrap around it. I've got the proper settings re: Format/Layout/Wrapping style, but I can't get the text to wrap around it. Any thoughts on this one? Thanks Bob -- ------------------...