bad file management - how can I fix?

Ok, I may be missing something, or I may just be terrible at managing and
upkeeping my files.

Currently using Money Plus Home and Biz 2008, previously used 2006. I've
never had a good standardized file management system or backup system/naming
convention. Long story short, after changing computers, upgrading software,
and moving to another country where I tried to start a new file with the
local currency, I have all these various files and somehow am missing 3
months of 2007 data. I'm confused with all these files and wish there were
some sort of a way I could merge them and get all my data together in one
place.  And some of these files I know are not correct - they show duplicate
accts, all kinds of crazy things.

BTW, since I could never get the hang of this I recently tried Quicken and
do not like it AT ALL - the interface is surprisingly bad for what I would
expect from Intuit.

If anyone can give me a dummies course in how to corral all these files and
get the data straightened out once and for all, I'd appreciate it.
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Did you check the dates the files were saved and open the newest? There is
NO easy way to merge multiple backups.

Cindy

"Lizzee" <Lizzee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ok, I may be missing something, or I may just be terrible at managing and
> upkeeping my files.
>
> Currently using Money Plus Home and Biz 2008, previously used 2006. I've
> never had a good standardized file management system or backup
> system/naming
> convention. Long story short, after changing computers, upgrading
> software,
> and moving to another country where I tried to start a new file with the
> local currency, I have all these various files and somehow am missing 3
> months of 2007 data. I'm confused with all these files and wish there were
> some sort of a way I could merge them and get all my data together in one
> place.  And some of these files I know are not correct - they show
> duplicate
> accts, all kinds of crazy things.
>
> BTW, since I could never get the hang of this I recently tried Quicken and
> do not like it AT ALL - the interface is surprisingly bad for what I would
> expect from Intuit.
>
> If anyone can give me a dummies course in how to corral all these files
> and
> get the data straightened out once and for all, I'd appreciate it.

0
Cindy

can't send or receive emails

Access 97 can't resize database window

Here is fix for Windows file problems

Fax Icon on my File menu and toolbar

How can I get 32-bit Integers?

Can you delete Business Alerts?

Office 2007 forms

Outlook receiving zip files

unable to read file #7

can I snap wrap points to a text box

SBS 2003 moving of users files

Why ClassWiard can't see my Class?
I created a class(Class-A), derived a class(Class-B) which derived from CWnd class. When I used mouse right-click on the new-created class, it shows a popup-command-menu which missing "add virtual function" and "add windows message handler". From ClassWizard I couldn't see the new-created class either. I tried to delete myprogram.clw & re-issue ClassWizard, but it doesn't help. Anyone can help ? Thanks, Eagle "EagleChen" <xx@xx> wrote in message news:uRGde941DHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I created a class(Class-A), derived a class(C...

Importing AOL Email File Cabinet

Exporting contacts in a csv file

Publisher can not save file