backing up to a CD-RW #2

When i attempt to backup to a CD-RW, I am instructed that I do not have 
administartor's privlidges to do so.  I have Windows XP, and I am the 
administrator and only active account.  I have double-checked and I am listed 
as the computer's administrator.  Is this a "Money"  administrator, or 
computer administrator?
0
12/5/2004 6:39:02 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

12 Replies
668 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 29

m> When i attempt to backup to a CD-RW, I am instructed that I do
m> not have administartor's privlidges to do so.  I have Windows
m> XP, and I am the administrator and only active account.  I
m> have double-checked and I am listed as the computer's
m> administrator.  Is this a "Money"  administrator, or computer
m> administrator?

Money does not support backing up to cdrw. Most likely, the error message
about administrative privileges is issued in response to some other
inability.

This is very often seen in microsoft programs; in a nutshell, that piece of
the code, I think, looks like this:

let's backup to floppy
ask user for the drive letter
does such drive exist? if not, say "no such drive" and bomb out.
is drive ready? if not, say "not ready" and wait until ready
figure out how much space is on the drive.
Figured? if yes, and not enough space,  say so; if did not figure, we don't
know what is it, but we don't have time to program the "investigation"
'cause the project manager wants to wrap this up a.s.a.p and move to the
integrating that new scam from experian - so let's just say something
believable/respactable, like admin privileges, those suckers users don't
know a thing anyway.

Vadim


0
vr (140)
12/7/2004 1:35:46 PM
Seriously? Can you not even backup to a CD-RW with Money 2005!?!?! I
would have thought for sure they would made that feature available by
now.

Heck... Dell doesn't even sell machines with a floppy anymore... you
have to add it and pay extra.  My last PC had a built-in Zip Drive and
all was well with Money 2004 backups, but my brand new PC doesn't...
what a  hassle this will be now.

MW




Vadim Rapp wrote:
> m> When i attempt to backup to a CD-RW, I am instructed that I do
> m> not have administartor's privlidges to do so.  I have Windows
> m> XP, and I am the administrator and only active account.  I
> m> have double-checked and I am listed as the computer's
> m> administrator.  Is this a "Money"  administrator, or computer
> m> administrator?
>
> Money does not support backing up to cdrw. Most likely, the error
message
> about administrative privileges is issued in response to some other
> inability.
>
> This is very often seen in microsoft programs; in a nutshell, that
piece of
> the code, I think, looks like this:
>
> let's backup to floppy
> ask user for the drive letter
> does such drive exist? if not, say "no such drive" and bomb out.
> is drive ready? if not, say "not ready" and wait until ready
> figure out how much space is on the drive.
> Figured? if yes, and not enough space,  say so; if did not figure, we
don't
> know what is it, but we don't have time to program the
"investigation"
> 'cause the project manager wants to wrap this up a.s.a.p and move to
the
> integrating that new scam from experian - so let's just say something
> believable/respactable, like admin privileges, those suckers users
don't
> know a thing anyway.
> 
> Vadim

0
peccator (2)
12/7/2004 2:54:05 PM
A CD-RW is NOT a standard random-access file system. If you are using some
software that makes it look like one, i.e., InCD, DirectCD,
DragToDisk--packet writing software--than Money will backup to them.

If Notepad can write a file to it, Money can backup to it. Notepad can write
to a Zip since a Zip is a standard random access file system.

The alternative is Money including all the code to deal with CD-RWs. Money
has enough issues without trying to go THERE.

"MW" <peccator@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1102431245.727987.126660@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> Seriously? Can you not even backup to a CD-RW with Money 2005!?!?! I
> would have thought for sure they would made that feature available by
> now.
>
> Heck... Dell doesn't even sell machines with a floppy anymore... you
> have to add it and pay extra.  My last PC had a built-in Zip Drive and
> all was well with Money 2004 backups, but my brand new PC doesn't...
> what a  hassle this will be now.


0
12/7/2004 3:30:33 PM
Fair enough... I never knew about InCD, DirectCD, DragToDisk.  I'll
give them a try.

Your right, the LAST thing Money needs is another line of code.




Dick Watson wrote:
> A CD-RW is NOT a standard random-access file system. If you are using
some
> software that makes it look like one, i.e., InCD, DirectCD,
> DragToDisk--packet writing software--than Money will backup to them.
>
> If Notepad can write a file to it, Money can backup to it. Notepad
can write
> to a Zip since a Zip is a standard random access file system.
>
> The alternative is Money including all the code to deal with CD-RWs.
Money
> has enough issues without trying to go THERE.
>
> "MW" <peccator@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1102431245.727987.126660@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> > Seriously? Can you not even backup to a CD-RW with Money 2005!?!?!
I
> > would have thought for sure they would made that feature available
by
> > now.
> >
> > Heck... Dell doesn't even sell machines with a floppy anymore...
you
> > have to add it and pay extra.  My last PC had a built-in Zip Drive
and
> > all was well with Money 2004 backups, but my brand new PC
doesn't...
> > what a  hassle this will be now.

0
peccator (2)
12/7/2004 8:03:36 PM
I beg to differ, from my experience...

In money 2004, if I select file>backup, then choose "back up to hard
disk" and browse, my CD-RW drive appears aqs a selection.  So did
money 2002 work that way as best I recall.  I seriously hope this has
not gone away in the 2005 version.

On 7 Dec 2004 06:54:05 -0800, "MW" <peccator@gmail.com> wrote:

>Seriously? Can you not even backup to a CD-RW with Money 2005!?!?! I
>would have thought for sure they would made that feature available by
>now.
>
>Heck... Dell doesn't even sell machines with a floppy anymore... you
>have to add it and pay extra.  My last PC had a built-in Zip Drive and
>all was well with Money 2004 backups, but my brand new PC doesn't...
>what a  hassle this will be now.
>
>MW
>
>
>
>
>Vadim Rapp wrote:
>> m> When i attempt to backup to a CD-RW, I am instructed that I do
>> m> not have administartor's privlidges to do so.  I have Windows
>> m> XP, and I am the administrator and only active account.  I
>> m> have double-checked and I am listed as the computer's
>> m> administrator.  Is this a "Money"  administrator, or computer
>> m> administrator?
>>
>> Money does not support backing up to cdrw. Most likely, the error
>message
>> about administrative privileges is issued in response to some other
>> inability.
>>
>> This is very often seen in microsoft programs; in a nutshell, that
>piece of
>> the code, I think, looks like this:
>>
>> let's backup to floppy
>> ask user for the drive letter
>> does such drive exist? if not, say "no such drive" and bomb out.
>> is drive ready? if not, say "not ready" and wait until ready
>> figure out how much space is on the drive.
>> Figured? if yes, and not enough space,  say so; if did not figure, we
>don't
>> know what is it, but we don't have time to program the
>"investigation"
>> 'cause the project manager wants to wrap this up a.s.a.p and move to
>the
>> integrating that new scam from experian - so let's just say something
>> believable/respactable, like admin privileges, those suckers users
>don't
>> know a thing anyway.
>> 
>> Vadim

0
kaplanjim (30)
12/7/2004 8:06:37 PM
Word to the wise: many people, myself included, have found reliability
problems with these packet-writing tools. Whether these problems are limited
to a particular version or a particular product I cannot say. Always
periodically test to make sure your backups really are and do not depend on
just one form of backup or on backups stored in just one location.

"MW" <peccator@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1102449816.107206.203670@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> Fair enough... I never knew about InCD, DirectCD, DragToDisk.  I'll
> give them a try.
>
> Your right, the LAST thing Money needs is another line of code.


0
12/7/2004 8:10:52 PM
Sorry I missed this reply posted 3 min before mine.  My HP pavillion
is indeed running a piece of software called DLA (HP proprietary?)
and I guess that's what makes my CDRW accessible as a hard drive with
NT file system.  In fact when I took program that out of the startup
menu, because it is generating an error message every time I reboot
saying the program had to close, I was indeed unable to read or write
to the CD RW.

Jim
..

On 7 Dec 2004 12:03:36 -0800, "MW" <peccator@gmail.com> wrote:

>Fair enough... I never knew about InCD, DirectCD, DragToDisk.  I'll
>give them a try.
>
>Your right, the LAST thing Money needs is another line of code.
>
>
>
>
>Dick Watson wrote:
>> A CD-RW is NOT a standard random-access file system. If you are using
>some
>> software that makes it look like one, i.e., InCD, DirectCD,
>> DragToDisk--packet writing software--than Money will backup to them.
>>
>> If Notepad can write a file to it, Money can backup to it. Notepad
>can write
>> to a Zip since a Zip is a standard random access file system.
>>
>> The alternative is Money including all the code to deal with CD-RWs.
>Money
>> has enough issues without trying to go THERE.
>>
>> "MW" <peccator@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:1102431245.727987.126660@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
>> > Seriously? Can you not even backup to a CD-RW with Money 2005!?!?!
>I
>> > would have thought for sure they would made that feature available
>by
>> > now.
>> >
>> > Heck... Dell doesn't even sell machines with a floppy anymore...
>you
>> > have to add it and pay extra.  My last PC had a built-in Zip Drive
>and
>> > all was well with Money 2004 backups, but my brand new PC
>doesn't...
>> > what a  hassle this will be now.

0
kaplanjim (30)
12/7/2004 8:12:23 PM
Do you have a CD Burner software product like Nero or Easy Coaster (CD)
Creator installed? If so, they likely installed their respective packet
writing tools.

"Jim" <kaplanjim@attbi.com> wrote in message
news:d33cr054bn2s6bvftoqn4el41puecrhuih@4ax.com...
> I beg to differ, from my experience...
>
> In money 2004, if I select file>backup, then choose "back up to hard
> disk" and browse, my CD-RW drive appears aqs a selection.  So did
> money 2002 work that way as best I recall.  I seriously hope this has
> not gone away in the 2005 version.


0
12/7/2004 8:13:53 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Jim wrote:

>I beg to differ, from my experience...
>
>In money 2004, if I select file>backup, then choose "back up to hard
>disk" and browse, my CD-RW drive appears aqs a selection.  So did
>money 2002 work that way as best I recall.  I seriously hope this has
>not gone away in the 2005 version.

It has not. You are using XP.



A really good arrangement is to use a USB flash drive as the
removable.

Let Money back up to the hard drive frequently.

Use Glyn Simpson's method at http://www.mvps.org/money/backup.htm to
copy the latest hard drive back up to CDR every week or three.




0
via_newsgroup (13114)
12/7/2004 8:14:24 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Jim wrote:

>Sorry I missed this reply posted 3 min before mine.  My HP pavillion
>is indeed running a piece of software called DLA (HP proprietary?)
>and I guess that's what makes my CDRW accessible as a hard drive with
>NT file system.  In fact when I took program that out of the startup
>menu, because it is generating an error message every time I reboot
>saying the program had to close, I was indeed unable to read or write
>to the CD RW.


With XP you can do the same thing without additional software. The
downside to having your hard drive backup to the CDR, is that you
don't also have it on he hard drive. (presumably you could do that
with Excel et al also.) Another disadvantage is that if you don't
change the file name, it would overwrite the existing backup on the
CDR.

Here is how I like to handle backups currently:


In Tools->Options->Backup [M05: Tools->Settings->BackupOptions]
I suggest checking
 x Automatically backup to hard disk on exit
  x Prompt me before backing up each time*
  x Make my file small ...

Then periodically, perhaps once per month or more, copy your
latest backup (named differently from your earlier backups) to a
CDR. With XP, this can be a copy and paste operation. Otherwise
use the burning software that came with your CDR drive.

I strongly suggest use of a USB Flash drive also, in addition to
backing up to your hard drive.  They typically act like a big
floppy.  For a more automated way to make multiple backups, see
Glyn Simpson's method at http://money.mvps.org/backup.aspx


*  This has two advantages.  You can change the file name
occasionally.  I like to pick a name something like money040328.
Then it is easy to change the name to have multiple backups.  The
..mbf extension is automatic.  The other advantage is that you can
choose "Don't Back Up, or you change your mind about exiting by
simply clicking the X in the upper right of the pop-up box.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
12/7/2004 9:11:21 PM
FWIW considering the next installment in the thread I did install
Nero 18 months or so ago.

Jim


On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 13:13:53 -0700, "Dick Watson"
<littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote:

>Do you have a CD Burner software product like Nero or Easy Coaster (CD)
>Creator installed? If so, they likely installed their respective packet
>writing tools.
>
>"Jim" <kaplanjim@attbi.com> wrote in message
>news:d33cr054bn2s6bvftoqn4el41puecrhuih@4ax.com...
>> I beg to differ, from my experience...
>>
>> In money 2004, if I select file>backup, then choose "back up to hard
>> disk" and browse, my CD-RW drive appears aqs a selection.  So did
>> money 2002 work that way as best I recall.  I seriously hope this has
>> not gone away in the 2005 version.
>

0
kaplanjim (30)
12/7/2004 11:47:06 PM
 CLM> Here is how I like to handle backups currently:

Given that the best disaster recovery storage is an offsite one, I wonder, 
would there be, say, $10 interest in a program that would automatically zip 
up the file (with password) and upload to ftp server (webspace on ISP for 
instance)? I wrote one for myself about 5 years ago.

Vadim 

0
vrapp (55)
12/10/2004 2:37:56 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Recurring Task #2
Also, in the same file as the previous question, I cannot see the expand and/or collapse buttons. I have tried the "show outline symbols" command, but it doesn't work for me. Is there a setting I have changed? ...

Restore mailbox #2
This is not for the faint of heart. I have a mixed environment. Exchange 5.5 is running on a Win2k server in an NT4 domain. Most of the Primary Windows accounts are in the NT4 domain. Additionally there is a Win2003 AD environment. There is a trust between the NT4 and AD domains. Some of the Primary Windows account for the 5.5 mailboxes are AD user accounts. There is no Exchange 2k or 2003. It became necessary to restore a mailbox’s contents. This has been done before without issue with one exception. This time the mailbox belongs to an AD user. An Exchange 5.5 server was built not join...

Delete Rows #2
I would like to be able to delete a row with a name in it based on a cell with that name from another cell in a different worksheet. Any ideas? Thanks, Bernie That worked great, thank you so much. How do I run the same macro for another name right after this one? Bernie Gary''s Student wrote: > This macro: > > Sub remover() > v = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value > For Each r In Sheets("Sheet2").UsedRange > If r.Value = v Then > r.EntireRow.Delete > Exit Sub > End If > Next > End Sub > &g...

Data Entry Form #2
I seem to remember there was a feature in Excel for a data entry popup form. I have a simple table of records with about 8 columns and I would like to have a form to take the data entry. I am in Excel 2007 Thanks for reading Dave It is still there, you can add it to your QAT, click office button>excel options>customize, then select commands not in the ribbon from the choose commands from toolbar, scroll until you see form and add it -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com (Remove ^^ from email) "Dave" &...

Ost to Pst #2
Hello I need to convert a ost file in pst file. How can I doit? Thanks a lot. Export it to a .pst file. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, henpat asked: | Hello | I need to convert a ost file in pst file. | | How can I doit? | | Thanks a lot. ...

exchange 2003 Pop3 access #2
I'm trying to publish smtp and pop3 through isa. neither of the server publishing rules smtp or pop3 work properly. I was able to work around the smtp portion by configuring smtp virtual server on isa then forwarding to the exchange server. so on to pop3 for this scenario: 10.0.0.2 = exchange server ip 10.0.0.1 = isa internal 10.1.0.1 = isa dmz 60.60.60.60 = public ip address of mail server (nat by firewall to dmz interface of isa) I used mail server publishing to publish pop3 from "external" to "10.0.0.2" Following the tuturial on isaserver.org still I am ...

how to produce toolbar icons with a common background? #2
I would like to create a common background for all icons in the toolbar. In particular, I would like a common background that starts with a light grey at the top and that then becomes progressively darker at lower levels of the icon. I've used an icon editor to extract a icon from programs that have a common icon background. The extracted icons contain only the icon image but not the common background. This indicates the common icon background is implemented separatedly from the icon drawing. Can anyone describe how a common icon background is implemented? Thanks in advance. Ia...

Can Update Office 11.0
I am trying to give Office a whirl on my powerbook however I need to upgrade to 11.1 for it to work with my ofices Lotus Notes e-Mail. When I try upgrading I get the 11002:2,-14 error I've heard talked about in this newsgroup. I've tried all the suggestions but still no luck. I tried repairing permisions, re-installing, turning of Entourage notifications. Nothing works! Please help. Haven't a clue. Previous threads didn't offer anything? Try re-downloading the update. Maybe previous updates haven't been run yet. Use Help | Check for Updates and let it tell you what...

Problems changing password in Crystal Reports after CRM 1.2 installation
When attempting to change the password in the Crystal Reports Password Tool (leaving the old password blank as per the CRM installation instructions), I receive the following error: Unable to change password. Error returned is : The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. This installation is on Win2K3 SBS if that makes any difference. Thanks in advance, Carson F. Ball Technician The Alexander Group ...

Is there a way to have 2 Outlook email accounts open at the same .
Currently I have to close one email account before checking my second email account, which I do all day long and is a bit of a nuisance. Please help! There's got to be a way that I can keep both open and just click on the bar on the bottom of the page to go from one to the other with ease ... please tell me how to do that! Thank you!!! -- Diane It's so easy to do, I'm sure that's why you missed it. Tools > Email Accounts... > Add the other accounts. Each will show in the same Outlook window, but in different PSTs. bondg "Diane" <Diane@discuss...

export email account #2
was incredibly easy in express. Like som many other things this feature is missing or not at all obvious in outlook. Anyone know how to do it? Getho You can try using the Microsoft Office 2003 Save My Settings Wizard. "Getho" <gethinc@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:42bbb2d5$0$27710$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au... > was incredibly easy in express. Like som many other things this feature > is missing or not at all obvious in outlook. Anyone know how to do it? ...

Where free 2 sigma statistical process control chart, free?
where can I download a free statistical process control chart template? ...

How to turn macro back on?
Hello, I've a spreadsheet and I can see that there's a macro inside. However, when I try to run it, Excel told me the spreadsheet has been opened with macro disabled. There's no pop up dialog box that asks me if i will like to open the macro with this spreadsheet when I open the file. I cannot find a way to reenable the macro. So how can I turn the macro back on? Thanks. Herbert Herbert, It seems your macro security level is currently set to High. Follow menu path Tools > Macro > Security to change to Medium, so you are prompted whether you want to enable macros or...

How do I get focus back on an Excel file?
When automating Excel, if there is a picture (graphic) on the worksheet, when the file is opened, the picture has the focus and mouse-clicks anywhere on the Excel window are lost. Is there a way to get the focus back so that other cells can be editted? Insert this line of code into the macro: ActiveSheet.Range("A1").Select You could also rework the code to avoid selecting the shape in the first place. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "Stumpiana" <Stumpiana...

I deleted From Header In Microsoft Outlook and need it back?
How do I get From back in my email headers i.e. received, date, size, categories ? I deleted From and can't figure out how to get it back so I can categorize from emails. Just add it back to the view in question. I'm sure you can do that much on your own. You will have to. If you needed spoon feeding, you would have provided your Outlook version and view. If you can't figure it out, then provide at least that information for those of us who can't see what you're doing. -- Russ Valentine "Chi" <Chi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Can I operate a back office computer without a dongle?
Can I operate a back office computer without a dongle? In quicksell I was able to use the quicksell manager on the back office computer (not networked) by making a backup of the database file on the register and restoring on the back office machine... this allowed me to do invoicing, run reports, etc.. without taking the register out of service??? I've done similar for customers with laptops for home but the software will show a license problem and allow you to run in eval mode. RMS is designed to run with a network. You can set it up on a WAN connection if you want to use a s...

Best replicas and the Best Service and Guarnatee to Back up Our Watches
Best replicas and the Best Service and Guarnatee to Back up Our Watches REPLICA WATCHES: http://www.precisionreplicas.com We offer you a World of Luxury at very affordable prices and you can rest easy about your satisfaction of quality and service. Now, with just a few simple steps, you can own something that will make you feel and look great! You can go to that business meeting, sales conference, or cocktail party wearing a beautiful watch and be sure to catch people's attention. The way you act, dress and present yourself will always be looked upon by others. By choosing from our selec...

will RMS 2.0 work with Windows 7
Has anyone tried using RMS 2.0 with Windows 7? What version RMS are you using? Yes 2.0.0126 -- Maurice Gordon Maurice@americanretailsupply.com Sales/Support 1-800-426-5708 XT 1307 "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E0D2035-1FB0-497E-8F73-AF5FDA947E64@microsoft.com... > Has anyone tried using RMS 2.0 with Windows 7? What version RMS are you > using? Hi Larry, RMS 2.0 SP2 working fine with windows 7 Vijay "Larry" wrote: > Has anyone tried using RMS 2.0 with Windows 7? What version RMS ar...

formatting #2
Is the strikethrough formatting option no longer available in Publisher? Or if you need to use a strikethrough do you have to draw a line through the text? The line does not always stay in the same spot when you group and then have to paste on another page. Waggie wrote: > Is the strikethrough formatting option no longer available in > Publisher? Or if you need to use a strikethrough do you have to draw > a line through the text? The line does not always stay in the same > spot when you group and then have to paste on another page. ========================== You have the an...

[ANN] Altsoft releases Xml2PDF formatter version 2.0 beta
Xml2PDF formatter version 2.0 beta September 15, 2004 Altsoft N.V. Altsoft N.V. announces the beta release of the new version 2.0 of its Xml2PDF formatting engine. The main new features of Xml2PDF engine are: improved XSL-FO 1.0 recommendation and 1.1 draft support; complete SVG support; support for XHTML as an input format; complete CSS support in SVG and XHTML; improved client UI; Altsoft Xml2PDF is a .NET based formatting engine for converting various XML-based formats to PDF. It supports XSL-FO, SVG, XHTML, XML+XSLT as an input and generates PDF as an output. Free evaluation...

javascript #2
I am not familiar with Javascript. Would it be possible to write an OnChange event for a picklist, that when the value of the picklist changes, a numerical, percentage value in another field on the form, will change to a preset value within the javascript statement? So---field 1 (picklist value) is changed. Then-- percentage value in field 2 changes on tab off of field 2. Could you give a more specific example please? Hi, Yes, this is possible through a rather simple bit of scripting. Let's say the schema name of the picklist attribute is new_picklist1 and that of the dependa...

Combine and Decode #2
Hi Microsoft Office Software Support Group, I have searched the interne (well Google anyway) for the answer to this problem I�m having wit Outlook, and it seems I am not alone. Several of the results bring m to this forum alas none to the solution. Perhaps it�s the way in whic the question is being asked? So to deliberate a tad� Before I begin; Enabling �Block image and other external content i HTML e-mail� is not the solution. This simply blocks images and conten not actually in the mail, but linked to on internet sites. So to start; I�m subscribed to a newsgroup where people post thei col...

Dynamic Chart #2
Can you please help me to create a dynamic chart by using VBA? Thanks in advance!! ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements VBA may not be needed. See the Excel | Tutorials | 'Dynamic Charts' page of my web site. -- [Posted directly to the Usenet newsgroup -- no affiliation with Excelforum] Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel...

Exchange System Management tools #2
I have the Exchange 2003 system managemnt tools installed. I was was wondering if I needed to install sp1, sp2 for exchange 2003 since I have the exchange tools even though I do not have the server itelf on this computer. Yes, if you have sp1 installed on Exchange you should install sp1 on your workstation. Without it, you could risk corrupting your DB. Clayton "George Schneider" <georgedschneider@news.postalias> wrote in message news:834F0976-1AE6-45C4-8268-BBD53EFBDC00@microsoft.com... >I have the Exchange 2003 system managemnt tools installed. I was was > ...

How to create 2 charts on one page
I have created a yearly chart for widgets accomplished in Excel (has 4 data lines). I would like to add another chart directly below this to show the turn-time for accomplishing the widgets. It would have the same X-axis values (months of the year). I tried using a secondary Y axis, and the chart is just unreadable with this approach. Can this be done. HELP. You haven't told us why it's unreadable, so I doubt that we can help. If your problem is that the two sets of data are overlapping, and you said you wanted the second chart *below* the first one, try adjusting the scales on...