Backing up Money data to online location?

2003 does not allow an easy way to save a back-up to an online location,
such My Yahoo briefcase. I have to take the file, and upload it manually.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Will there be an online back-up option in future releases? I'd like to see
it go to MSN via my Passport, for instance. I'd upgrade for that.

money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Given the size of a backup and the availability of sync with the web, this
might not make it anytime soon.

"Iron Flatline" <tiredofvirusspam@anonymousnewsgroupreader.org> wrote in
message news:emn3z882DHA.3140@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> 2003 does not allow an easy way to save a back-up to an online location,
> such My Yahoo briefcase. I have to take the file, and upload it manually.
> Please correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> Will there be an online back-up option in future releases? I'd like to see
> it go to MSN via my Passport, for instance. I'd upgrade for that.

Privacy being what it is today I do not want my money
data online.  I use new USB plug-in drive and store it in
a floor safe.

0
anonymous (74722)
1/16/2004 1:48:37 AM
I largely consider the privacy issue more a matter of the consumer's
perception than an actual large-scale problem....but perception is all that
matters in this case.

"anonymous" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Privacy being what it is today I do not want my money
> data online.  I use new USB plug-in drive and store it in
> a floor safe.

Including a file compression algorithm shouldn't be that difficult, so I'm
not convinced that size is the biggest enemy.

message news:eF6lhD92DHA.2428@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Given the size of a backup and the availability of sync with the web, this
> might not make it anytime soon.
>
> "Iron Flatline" <tiredofvirusspam@anonymousnewsgroupreader.org> wrote in
> message news:emn3z882DHA.3140@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > 2003 does not allow an easy way to save a back-up to an online location,
> > such My Yahoo briefcase. I have to take the file, and upload it
manually.
> > Please correct me if I'm wrong.
> >
> > Will there be an online back-up option in future releases? I'd like to
see
> > it go to MSN via my Passport, for instance. I'd upgrade for that.

My compressed data file still takes 9 1.44 MB floppies.

"Iron Flatline" <tiredofvirusspam@anonymousnewsgroupreader.org> wrote in
message news:uODb59E3DHA.1428@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Including a file compression algorithm shouldn't be that difficult, so I'm
> not convinced that size is the biggest enemy.

Running Money 2003 in Vista

Data migration - Adventure Works

Refresh and Back
I notice after a time the refresh and back buttons on the toolbar no longer work. However the keyboard and right click menu do function. If I close and reopen then it is fine for a while again and repeats problem. I am using Win7 Ultimate. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agr...

Backing Up Exchange Database

Money-style software??
Hi all, Sometime agao I was surfing and found a health & nutrition product that has the same look-and-feel as Money2004. Alas, I didn't bookmark the site and forgot the address :( Anybody has any idea what I'm talking about?? Ivan Ivan Debono wrote: | Hi all, | | Sometime agao I was surfing and found a health & nutrition product | that has the same look-and-feel as Money2004. Alas, I didn't bookmark | the site and forgot the address :( | | Anybody has any idea what I'm talking about?? | | Ivan Maybe it was Fitday: www.fitday.com -- Peter Thank you!!! That ...

Upgrading from Money 99 to 2004
Is it worth upgrading from Money 99 to Money 2004. I have several years of complete financial data in my Money 99 program. Just wondering if it is worth the cost and hassel to upgrade. Is the upgrade path (conversion) from Money 99 to Money 2004 pretty easy. Thanks in advance for any replys and help. Regards, Richard Well, your mileage may vary on it. Some people like 2004, others don't. I'd always recommend the trial before you buy though. You can get an idea of what's in the latest version, whether it's suitable for you etc. 2004 should just convert a 99 file, assu...

Clips online
I've used MS Clips online many times with no problem. Today, when I check a box under a clip to download, it doesn't go into my "shopping bag." I've restarted, reinstalled, checked for updates on Office, Publisher and XP, and have no trouble with other websites. Anybody have an idea why I can't "shop" clips online? Thanks. Clear your cache and try again. In IE, tools, Internet Options, delete files. If your cache is full it may take a few minutes. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com ...

Money 04 runs very slow
file size is 17,480 kb, about 5 years data. Machine is a P4 2.2 GHz, 512 mb ram. Money runs very slow, processing downloaded statements, switching screens, etc. I switched from Quicken about a year ago. That didn't run nearly this slow. Any ideas? Will trimming the file size help at all or much? Thanks Ideas? See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=4. Trimming? Most people haven't had great luck trying this through means like File|Archive--which, by the way, I'd discourage for any number of reasons. "Tom Orlando" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Backing up databases on remote SQL
Hi, I recently followed one of the MS articles on how to move GP 9 sql database to a different server. Everything went well except when trying to run the backup option from the GP9 server. I currently have a server with GP9 installed and another server with SQL and the GP databases. When I try to run the backup from the backup option on the GP server it says " You must be on the server machine to perform this task". presume this is because the SQL is no longer on that server. The SQL server has a backup routine of its own, but I would like our finance users to have the ability...

Money 99 "Memo"
I was given Money 99. Everything was working fine till I printed out the check register and found it was omitting the "Memo" section which was vital info I needed. What do I need to do inorder to get it to print? Please e-mail wolfmagic53@hotmail.com Thank you. Ruby In microsoft.public.money, wolfmagic53@hotmail.com wrote: >I was given Money 99. Everything was working fine till I >printed out the check register and found it was omitting >the "Memo" section which was vital info I needed. >What do I need to do inorder to get it to print? What you want to do...

Money Updates #2

Money 2004 #43
Do you have to set up Password to update portfolio prices? Can't get Money to update. News, etc updates but not the portfolio section. Passport? No. But there is not doubt that quote downloads are problematic. "Johnny" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82a601c3e99d$bda5e8d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Do you have to set up Password to update portfolio > prices? Can't get Money to update. News, etc updates but > not the portfolio section. ...

Money deluxe 2007 password problem
When I update my bank account transactions I get a message saying that my account was not updated because my password is incorrect. I then go into account info and have to update my password. I save the update, but then it happens again sporadically when I open Money at later times. Is there a way to fix this glitch? ...

Unassigned value in split transactions in conversion from Quicken 2001 to Microsoft Money v 14
With Quicken withdrawing from the UK market I have taken the plunge and upgraded to MM v 14. There is a serious conversion issue with the processing of split transactions where the first entry is converted correctly but all the other lines from the split transaction generate "empty" split entries each with a blank category and description with a zero value. This leaves an unassigned value equal to the sum of the ignored split entries. I have two Quicken accounts my private accounts going back to 1987 which generated a vast number of these unassigned amounts in split transactions a...

Change default export to Excel location
Hi, Does anyone know how I might be able to change the default location for exporting tables, queries, etc. from Access to Excel? It defaults to My Documents, which I can't stand because it forces me to drill down to find the spreadsheet. I'd rather that I could set it to go to my desktop. I've looked in the Access settings and registry, but could not find where to make the change. Any help is appreciated. Tony, Look at the TransferSpreadsheet method (in Help)... using that you can put any path you wish. -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)...

Backing Up Outlook #2
I have Windows XP Professional installed. Is there a simple and straight forward way to back up all my Outlook folders and address books to CD? Look here for all the information you need on backup and restoration of Outlook data: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "mel weston" <mel.weston@micronsecurity.com> wrote in message news:068d01c35018$e7f97b70$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have...

Where is "Help" located in 2007?
I cannot find the "Help" section in Word 2007. Where can I find it? Thank you! Click the question mark ? top right of the Word window or press F1 which is the universal help call. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "Todd" <Todd@discussion...

Locating a number for a MS office
I have lost the boklet that accompanies my CD. However, I am unable to locate a number to contact someone. Any thoughts. I think if you ever learned how to contact them directly, they'd put a hit out on you. (Seriously, visit the MS website and drill down through the tech support area until you find the numbers you need. Good luck.) -- The problem with resting on your laurels is that eventually you are sitting on dead branches. JoAnn "ziggy" <ziggyzaggy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0a4c01c36747$0fb00a40$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have lost the boklet that...

Source data, in Chart Menu, is grey and not accessible.
I set up a pivot table and designed a chart, saved and closed out of the workbook. Upon returning to work on this project, when selecting the chart menu to work with my source data, the source data is grey and not accessible. What might be causing this and can I correct it? It's a pivot chart. As soon as it's created, it's linked permanently to the pivot table, and you cannot change the source data. you cannot add more data that's not in the pivot table to the chart, nor can you remove data that is in the pivot table from the chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft...

Money 2005 dropped custom currency
I cannot load Money 2005 because it tells me Money no longer supports custom currency. I'm assigned to the US Embassy in Damascus, Syria, and had to use custom currency in Money 2004 to work with Syrian Pounds, my local currency. Is there a patch to re-add custom currency (Doubt it!) If not, I just wasted my money on...Money. (Good thing I made plenty of backups and still have Money 2004!) Stephen E. Wilson Damascus, Syria I had the same problem. I had created UAE Dhiram as a custom currency. When Money2005 converted the file, It asked me to select a currency instead of UAE ...